A challenge to you misguided atheists [PLAGIARISM]

Venomfangx
User is offlineOffline
A challenge to you misguided atheists [PLAGIARISM]

Rather than approach atheists in the same way by religious propaganda and biblical quotations I will take a less dismissing approach that you atheists love arguing. Science, and reason. I will present 6 arguments below and challenge any atheist here to them. Let's begin.

1,785 words of this post were stolen from: http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

The only original work was the portion above and the portion below.  Please note that the portion below is dishonest as these arguments are not his arguments, they are stolen arguments. 

[EDIT BY SAPIENT]

Please do not try to dodge my arguments like many I have seen do before with "anything we give you wont accept anyways" Your ineptness will only make greater the christian cause.

Phantasm
User is offlineOffline
There is nothing you can say

There is nothing you can say or show a creationist that will get him to stop believing that the earth is 6000 years old.

Even showing them the errors in the Bible, will not get them to stop believing that the Bible is inerrant.

I am convinced, that for Biblical literalists, that it is a lost cause.

JoeyJoJoJr
JoeyJoJoJr's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:The

BobSpence1 wrote:

The argument about the Earth having just the right distance from the sun and other attributes which make it uniquely suitable for life is one of the oldest fallacies in the book, even less arguable today with the recent discoveries of just how common planets are.

Due to the chaotic and contingent nature of the processes of galactic, stellar and planetary formation, there are going to be trillions of planets with attributes all over the place, so it would be a true 'miracle' if there was no planet in the Universe 'just right' for the emergence of life as we know it, and obviously that's the one we emerged on....

The original argument has something in common with the winner of a lottery with a million tickets marvelling at his win against odds of a million to one. The point is, someone was definitely going to win.

That anyone would seriously put forward this argument tells us a lot about the lack of real understanding about these issues and the logic involved.

I agree completely.  Another way I like to look at it is this: Think about the billions of light years of empty space, with its vacuum and radiation, super novas, gamma ray bursts, etc. .  Being anywhere in 99.999999999999% of it would be instant death to any unprotected human.  Yet here  is the theist, living in the thin film of atmosphere on the surface of this small rock we call Earth, shouting "The universe was created for me!!!!".

WWSD - What Would Scooby Doo?

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
JoeyJoJoJr wrote:BobSpence1

JoeyJoJoJr wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

The argument about the Earth having just the right distance from the sun and other attributes which make it uniquely suitable for life is one of the oldest fallacies in the book, even less arguable today with the recent discoveries of just how common planets are.

Due to the chaotic and contingent nature of the processes of galactic, stellar and planetary formation, there are going to be trillions of planets with attributes all over the place, so it would be a true 'miracle' if there was no planet in the Universe 'just right' for the emergence of life as we know it, and obviously that's the one we emerged on....

The original argument has something in common with the winner of a lottery with a million tickets marvelling at his win against odds of a million to one. The point is, someone was definitely going to win.

That anyone would seriously put forward this argument tells us a lot about the lack of real understanding about these issues and the logic involved.

I agree completely.  Another way I like to look at it is this: Think about the billions of light years of empty space, with its vacuum and radiation, super novas, gamma ray bursts, etc. .  Being anywhere in 99.999999999999% of it would be instant death to any unprotected human.  Yet here  is the theist, living in the thin film of atmosphere on the surface of this small rock we call Earth, shouting "The universe was created for me!!!!".

Yes, Joey. What you've said here is essentially what I've always thought and additionally that christians, by and large, when faced with the stupendously enormous size of the Universe, feel far too tiny to cope with the reality of their runty smallness and to a degree, their insignificance.

carx
carx's picture
User is offlineOffline
 @ VFX For starters earth

@ VFX

For starters earth is not designed or is geology , thermal selection and gravity some how something magical for you ? Is it so hard to understand that gravity makes spheroids ? Here goes away the wrong formulation of the word “design” for earth  .

Next oxygen is a killer toxin to life not a life giver , this planet did have a healthy CO2 atmosphere before some organisms (plants ) started to poising it. Educate yourself on chemosynthesis and the evolution of plants who started to rape the earth atmosphere of carbon to use it for themselves laving a deadly poison (oxygen) , most of the old life that relied on CO2 died out and life forms that could sustain their existence in this toxic atmosphere did survive. Some of thus organisms started to use oxygen in their internal processes. So  :

1 the existence of oxygen is something detrimental to life not something benefiting it

2 different life considers different  conditions to be natural

3 life can exist in a CO2 atmosphere making the point that oxygen is  necessary for life ridiculously idiotic.

I only did make it to the first sentence of this nonsense you name proof and I found 4 errors explain this.

Warning I’m not a native English speaker.

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=281515 DDR and game sound track download