Being in love=Delusional?
Isn't love delusional?
* the delusional belief is held to with inordinately strong force.
* The belief exerts undue influence on the patient's life, sometimes to inexplicable extent.
* Despite profound conviction, the patient displays suspicion or elusiveness when questioned about the belief.
* Lack of humor regarding the belief/overly sensitive to humor.
* Centrality: no matter how unlikely the beliefs are, they remain largely unquestioned.
* When their belief is contradicted, the patients are often inappropriately angered, emotional, and hostile.
* Their belief is, at the least, very unlikely to be true.
* Their belief, if acted out, leads to bizarre or abnormal behaviors.
* The patient's behavior will change significantly, such that people who know them will find their new behavior out of character.
Based on observing other people's relationships, I really think this fits. I mean held with a strong force? abnormal behavior? strong emotional response?
I suppose it's "in our genes", but hookers show that you don't have to love someone and be in a long term relationship to do the dirty and make babies.