A newly out of the closest Atheist.

JinxSight
User is offlineOffline
A newly out of the closest Atheist.

I'm officially done with Religion in general. For a long time, I had the mindset of being agnostic, fairly indifferent about religion but believing in at least some figment... Because that's all I can call it now, is a figment.

This is the latest blog post on my myspace. I have a feeling it's going to get a bit of negative feedback. Tell me what you think:

"So. Let's talk. Recently, religion seems to be coming up a lot lately, with the economy, with Mercy medical center, with the new movie Religulous... And it's about time that everyone start realizing that Religion, each and every fucking religion, is a lie. It's a manipulative, deceiving, poisonous, horrid lie. And I'll tell you why.

Awhile ago, I was pretty much agnostic, apatheist at worst. I really didn't care either way if there was a god or not. This has changed.

Religious people believe in creationism, intelligent design, and believe that god (I refuse to capitalize the name) has a predestined plan for us, which completely contradicts the whole notion of "free will", which is religious people's excuse for why god doesn't intervene with human interaction, such as stopping wars or preventing world hunger. Because we are given "free will".

Yet, I present to you, exhibit A: Sodom and Gomorrah in biblical text. In the story or fable, because that's all it is, is a fucking story, a myth, god smites the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sins. He INTERVENES WITH HUMAN AFFAIRS. NO FREE WILL. IT'S COMPLETELY CONTRADICTORY.

And god raped Jesus's mom? WTF? Yea. You fucks worship him. Immaculate conception is a crock of shit. Virgin Mary, my ass.

And speaking of Virgin Mary... You people over at Mercy Medical Center praying to a goddamn mineral deposit in a window. Stop it. Go back to your jobs (if you don't, you should be finding one), go back to your kids, and start being a productive member of society instead of staring at fucking blob in a window for hours. Buncha fucking freeloaders is what you are.

Alright, with all of that said, and me officially coming out of the proveribal closet as an atheist, I want people to know that you can have morals and values without having strings attached like the Bible and all of the fire and brimstone shit that it brings with it.

You don't need to be a puppet and have the fear of burning in hell over your head to be a good person. god is a figment of your imagination, just like bigfoot, just like the loch ness monster, just like the tooth fairy, just like santa. Big brother isn't watching you from some fucking clouds, examining you while you take a shit, while you masturbate, or while you type out a rant about how much bullshit he is made out of.

I deny Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and God. And any motherfucker who QQs at this post."

To explain the whole Mercy Medical Center thing, it's like this. There's a hospital in Springfield, Mass right now that people are actually going to only to view a mineral deposit in a window because it looks like the Virgin Mary. 300 people gathered there last week. It's disgusting to even imagine that many people going to see something like that.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums Jinxsight. Way to go on your post. You'll love it here. Don't you feel so much better after denying the imaginary friends that the insecure need to hold their hand? Hope you stay a hile and check out the site.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

patcleaver
patcleaver's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christians make you angry?

You're angry at Christians just because they waste their own lives on BS, and brainwash their children, and waste the lives of their children on BS, generation after generation.  Of course that is a tragedy, but its their stupid choice.

Religious idiots make me angry because they have tortured to death and murdered tens of millions of people and started or encouraged almost every war that has ever been fought. Most religions including Christianity and Islam were spread by fire and sward. Almost everyone who is a Christian or a Muslim has that religion because some ancestor was forced to convert to that religion or be burned to death alive. They are both victims and now perpetrators and accomplices after the fact of these continuing horrible crimes.

Christians make me angry because Christianity spread by fire and sword. They murdered the followers of Arius; and the Gnostic heretics; and the pagans; and the philosophers; and continued to murder to spread their religion throughout Europe. The Christians murdered the Jews in pogroms and the Muslims in Crusades for not believing their religion. Then the Christians murdered each other because their beliefs were not uniform, and after murdering tens of millions of each other for hundreds of year the result was thousands of sects. Then the Christians went to the New World and murdered the heathens to convert or eliminate them for Christianity. The Christians enslaved black Africans and sold them in the Americas and justified it based on their Christian beliefs. They murdered tens of millions of people just because they did not believe the same silly fantasy as the Christians. Nazi Christians murdered 6 million Jews and several million Gypsies. Someone proudly claiming to be a Christian is far worse then someone proudly claiming to be a Nazi or Stalinist or Maoist or telling me how wonderful Pol Pot was.

Christians make me angry because they think they have the right to control other people according to their book of Christian fiction and stone age tribal taboos. Christians make me angry because they are incredibly arrogant to think that they can magically know that something is true regardless of no evidence - or even in contradiction to the evidence.  Christians make me angry because they have stolen billions of dollars and continue to steal hundreds of millions of dollars a year in an immoral tax scheme for avoiding property taxes on Christian speculative property investment and avoiding income taxes on Christian entertainment. Christian beliefs are lies, and Christians hate truth. Christians make me angry because they are satanically spreading lies in opposition to scientifically established facts.

There are lots of other reasons that Christians make me angry, but I am out of time tonight.

when you say "faith" I think "evil lies"
when you say "god" I think "santa clause"

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
JinxSight , right on man,

JinxSight , right on man, and cool post  patcleaver. Fuck religion god shit, I am god as all is one, doing the connected god awesome dances of all that is existence, as I. Science is the only "religion", as a way to know what existence is ....  

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice

Great points! Welcome to RRS JinxSight. I believe we have a thread about myspace. Um, yeah, here it is. 

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/general_conversation_introductions_and_humor/689

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
One argument you will run

One argument you will run into is that supposed "godless" facsist states like that of Po Pot, Hitler and Stalin, have killed far more people than theist societies.

What this misses is that these societies were not free from superstition and they were not free from WORSHIP OF THE STATE.

China is called by western Christians as an atheistic government WHICH IS COMPLETELY FALSE. Chinese people have their own superstitions and are quite religious. The government is made up of these people, but it is lack of a free market of ideas and forced worship of the state, not godlessness, that makes it opressive.

Most atheists I know are extreemly empathetic and if we lived under any of these dictators, we would be likely opressed for criticising their opression of ANYONE.

It is the same crap Christians pull in saying that because somehow that we are a free society that non-Christians should accept their guest status in America, even if they are citizens born in this country.

They do not understand that I would be just as opressed in Iran or China because I would be just as against their government forced opression of ANYONE.

BUT, everyone, every human, our position, or other positions, we as a species need to keep in mind that the idea of a utopian worldview where 6 billion people will magically agree at some point in in the future, is just that, utopian bullshit.

While our criticism is just, and more and more people are opening up and challenging bad claims and naked assertions, we too, need to keep in mind that we wont obtain a utiopia either.

In all our blasphemy I do not want an unfounded fear created in the minds of those we challenge that somehow we want a fascist state. Worship of a deity or a political party or politician, is bad and what both theism, such as the fascist state of Iran, or the worship of the state, such as China, can lead to.

I do want to see the end of religion, but make no mistake about it, my goal is not to use force, but intellect to SHOW, not force, people that they do not need a club or personal fictional friend, to live a good life.

So while your agner is just, and you are rightfully raising your voice, just remember that we are all human, all 6 billion of us.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

tj671
User is offlineOffline
JinxSight wrote:And god

JinxSight wrote:

And god raped Jesus's mom? WTF? Yea. You fucks worship him. Immaculate conception is a crock of shit. Virgin Mary, my ass.

You forgot to add that Jesus is a "Zombie" LOL