OT Deuteronomy 21:18-21

psychogoth
psychogoth's picture
User is offlineOffline
OT Deuteronomy 21:18-21

OT Deuteronomy 21:18-21 reads:

" If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who dose not obey his father or mother and dosen't listen to them even after they discipline him, his father and mother must take hold of him and bring him to the elders of the city. ' This son of ours is stubborn and rebelious, he dosen't obey us. He's a glutton and a drunkard.' Then all the men of his city will stone him to death. You must purge the evil from you and all israel will hear and be afraid."

My Thoughts:

I feel that these verses can be translated into modern day. When god says that parents must take their unruly son tot he elders of the city one might percieve that to be the same as a parent taking their grown child to court. If this child is therefore sentenced to death it could be considered the same as a son being stoned to death. The same outcome but one method os less painfull. But, there is also a very large difference. In this bible verse the son did not speak in his defense. while most likely he did not stand idly by while his family and peers decided to stone him to death; he also did not have the chance to say " Hey you  know what, my parents are a couple of douche bags who should be killed to keep the stupid out the gene pool." Or, if if he didn't want to be that harsh he could have said " my parents are irrational and i had a reason to act the way i did." Instead of being able to present his case he was automatically sent to death. what the hell is that? these parents are so brainwashed that they are willing to murder their son to follow a god who is to much of a pansy to show his face and present himself as our creator. these people stoned their son1 what the hell?! and all for being fat and drunk. well if these are the words that america is so set on living by then we better start blowing up all the bars and the all you can eat joints. 

civilize those you can and fuck the rest. the world is to big to be constantly clleaning uo a fter the weak minded.

FreeThinker2012
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, it's total bullshit

Yeah, it's total bullshit that the standards back then were unbearably high, but now-a-days we can try to at least reach an "understanding".  That's not to say that each party will understand the other party in all instances, but, at least that's what we as a modern-day society are [hopefully] striving everyday to achieve.  We all have our work cut out for us if we as a society are 1 day going to achieve the closest thing to a utopian world.  Maybe if people started putting their money towards research & development, technology/science, etc., we'd be able to get there faster (as opposed to the xians giving their 10% to other pretty lame causes).  Don't get me wrong, I do believe that giving money towards say starving people in 3rd world countries is a great idea (noble & virtuous).  But I've seen some of the companies that xians give their $$ to, & it sickens me to no end!  For example, my parents (xians) have given some of their $$ to the special olympics - the special olympics for crying out loud!!  As if they need our money more than some starving 3rd world country does!!

Sorry if I'm veering off the topic a little.  But, I just thought I'd share some of my thoughts.

Jesus didn't ride a donkey don't ya know, he rode an Apotasaurus!
www.flickr.com/photos/58362611@N00/431306643/

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
No more starving .... war

Me God Commands,

No more starving .... war never more , no more rich, no more poor, "all for one", as one earth, ONE Human race. Eliminate unnecessary suffering. The enemy is "separatism" thinking of division .... the very enemy of greed and fear to heal, as All is ONE, all is god, so no more idol worship, as is all traditional religion, because all is 100% god, as I am god just as YOU, just as the dirt is god too .....

psychogoth
psychogoth's picture
User is offlineOffline
yo!!

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Me God Commands,

No more starving .... war never more , no more rich, no more poor, "all for one", as one earth, ONE Human race. Eliminate unnecessary suffering. The enemy is "separatism" thinking of division .... the very enemy of greed and fear to heal, as All is ONE, all is god, so no more idol worship, as is all traditional religion, because all is 100% god, as I am god just as YOU, just as the dirt is god too .....

i toatally agree!!

civilize those you can and fuck the rest. the world is to big to be constantly clleaning uo a fter the weak minded.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
psychogoth, you are "saved",

psychogoth

, you are "saved", spread the "good word" of Atheism, No Master!