On Carbon Dating (Highly Recommended for Rational Thinkers That Want A Laugh)

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
On Carbon Dating (Highly Recommended for Rational Thinkers That Want A Laugh)

This video holds that most treasured characteristic of being fairly educational and absolutely hilarious at the same time:

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Alright, see, THAT's funny.

"There's no <bleep> carbon in it!"

Oh, my sides ache.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
PotHoler is on my

PotHoler is on my subscription list for youtube.  I saw this yesterday and was cracking up at work laughing at it.  I don't think I've ever heard the "Carbon dating doesn't work" argument debunked this well before.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

ifywar
ifywar's picture
User is offlineOffline
wonderful vid, i loved it. i

wonderful vid, i loved it. i need to find out how to use a beep noise next time im argueing about carbon dating.

all hail the great and powerful sluffywinks.

bro (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Geez man, you sure gave alot

Geez man, you sure gave alot of examples where carbon dating doesnt work!!!  In the end I think you helped Hovind's case!   lololol

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
bro wrote:Geez man, you sure

bro wrote:
Geez man, you sure gave alot of examples where carbon dating doesnt work!!!  In the end I think you helped Hovind's case!   lololol
Translation: "I didn't understand the video."

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray