That settles it, Ron Paul is a nutter

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
That settles it, Ron Paul is a nutter

Bad enough the guy is a creationist but the guy who pretend to be a Libertarian endorsed a theocratic fascist for President.

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2008/9/23/152030/426

Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin, a megachurch pastor who wants to turn America into a theocracy.  You know the sort, extermination of homosexuals, reducing the status of women to second class citizens, bringing back slavery, in order words, just your run of the mill dominist.

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/

At least the looney fringe will have a choice between two parties, the Constution Party and the Palin/McCain Republican ticket.

ZoltanKemeny
User is offlineOffline
What's even worse:  he

What's even worse:  he supports Ralph Nader and Cynthia McKinney, also nutters in their own right.  He seems to support every third-party candidate except the one with the most ideological compatibility to him, Bob Barr.  I can see why, one paleocon disguised as a libertarian doesn't like to look at his counterpart in the mirror.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I've thought he was a nut

I've thought he was a nut for months.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZoltanKemeny wrote:What's

ZoltanKemeny wrote:

What's even worse:  he supports Ralph Nader and Cynthia McKinney, also nutters in their own right.  He seems to support every third-party candidate except the one with the most ideological compatibility to him, Bob Barr.  I can see why, one paleocon disguised as a libertarian doesn't like to look at his counterpart in the mirror.

It spoils the illusion.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, he has some far

Yeah, he has some far fetched ideas, but as far as economic policy I find he would've been the best candidate for getting us out of the mess we are currently in. Neither dem or repub candidate on the ticket has the economic understanding of Dr. Paul which is quite sad meaning we will entrust the future of our country to someone like McCain who didn't know what the Plunge Protection Team is.

McCain and Obama are just going to vote for a bailout that is merely going to buy time and nothing else.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Ron Paul had the worst

Ron Paul had the worst economic policy of any candidate.

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Ron Paul

MattShizzle wrote:

Ron Paul had the worst economic policy of any candidate.

Define worst. Who else has a plan to bail us out of the mess we're in? Obama..... McCain? All they are gonna do is pass Wall Streets' greed onto us taxpayers. Watch Ron Paul on Wolf Blitzer's show from Tuesday I believe it was. He has a much better understanding of the economy than any of the clowns in DC right now. We can either take our medicine now or postpone the collapse which will be longer and much more painful.

If by worst you mean creating our own currency the way the Constitution instructed us to then you're so very wrong. The founding fathers were well aware of the dangers of central banks and that is why Congress and not a federal bank is to coin money. The traitorous Woodrow Wilson even lamented after he had signed the 1913 Fed Reserve Act into law that he had screwed the country. Ron Paul just wants to do away with programs that are not defined in the Constitution.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

ZoltanKemeny
User is offlineOffline
What's the word(s) I'm

What's the word(s) I'm looking for?  Fucking ditto.  I have no idea how you could get worse with McBama's economic policy (no one say Stalin, Mussolini, or Hitler).

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Obama's is better. Even

Obama's is better. Even McInsane's is better than an extreme capitalist like Paul - who wants to use extremely regressive taxes like sales tax rather than one like income tax.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cali_Athiest2 wrote:Define

Cali_Athiest2 wrote:

Define worst. Who else has a plan to bail us out of the mess we're in? Obama..... McCain? All they are gonna do is pass Wall Streets' greed onto us taxpayers. Watch Ron Paul on Wolf Blitzer's show from Tuesday I believe it was. He has a much better understanding of the economy than any of the clowns in DC right now. We can either take our medicine now or postpone the collapse which will be longer and much more painful.

If by worst you mean creating our own currency the way the Constitution instructed us to then you're so very wrong. The founding fathers were well aware of the dangers of central banks and that is why Congress and not a federal bank is to coin money. The traitorous Woodrow Wilson even lamented after he had signed the 1913 Fed Reserve Act into law that he had screwed the country. Ron Paul just wants to do away with programs that are not defined in the Constitution.

Well Ron Paul apparently wants a theocracy to.  But as for economic matters, Paul supports the same deregulation that got us into this mess.  He has the same positions as McCain concerning deregulation.

Sure Paul would love to return to the days of President Hoover, but we know how those policies ended up.  Contrary to what you may think, economic depressions aren't good for the economy.

ZoltanKemeny
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Obama's is

MattShizzle wrote:

Obama's is better. Even McInsane's is better than an extreme capitalist like Paul - who wants to use extremely regressive taxes like sales tax rather than one like income tax.

He also wants extreme spending cuts on war, immigration, government spending, and other unnecessary bureacuracies.  The least amount of government involvement in our lives, the better.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I agree we need less

I agree we need less government involvement in our personal lives, but we need much, much more government involvement in regulating business.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZoltanKemeny wrote:He also

ZoltanKemeny wrote:

He also wants extreme spending cuts on war, immigration, government spending, and other unnecessary bureacuracies.  The least amount of government involvement in our lives, the better.

Like when the feds had to come in and abolish slavery in the Southern states?  Not all government "intrusion" is bad.  I rather like things like highways, the internet, cell phones, clean drinking water, a fire department, food and drug safety, programs to prohibit the spread of disease and many other government programs. 

On the other hand, Paul's feudalism never worked very well in the past, unless of course, as Mel Brooks would say, "It's good to be king".  Or I suppose in modern times it would be corporations but those only exist because of government as well.  Like all oppressive regimes Ron Paul's vassal state will have to be protected by a strong police state.  Who else would enforce Chuck Baldwin's fatwahs?