Inconvenient Truth: The Storm Info?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Inconvenient Truth: The Storm Info?

I just watched this film, paying particular attention to the parts that most people see as objectionable (that Global Warming will - and is - causing more frequent, stronger hurricanes).

Err... I don't understand why this section is so heavily criticized. Katrina was used as an example of how storms can gain power as they go over warmer waters; he does not state in the film that Katrina was formed due to Global Warming. And (I think) the science he presents is accurate and perfectly plausible - as the Earth's temperature increases, ocean surface temperatures rise, leading to warmer and more moisture-rich tropical environments that are more favorable for hurricanes to form in and lending them greater magnitude.

Is this not correct? If it isn't, could someone please explain where the facts are being divorced from the presentation?

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940