Can somebody find this whole video?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can somebody find this whole video?

This is so short, it reeks of quote mining.  I'd like to know what the context of this statement was.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I recognized the goofball

I recognized the goofball from 60 minutes. The video isn't working for me, but maybe it will for you.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/04/60minutes/main2648779.shtml

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
The video doens't work for

The video doens't work for me either (the server stalls).

Fortunately the text is a transcript, and Hamby's dead on right, it's quote mining:

Quote:
"I believe that we can succeed and I believe the consequences of failure are catastrophic. Those who say 'Just withdraw,' then you say, 'What next?'" Sen. McCain says.

"I wonder at what point do you stop doing what you think is right and you start doing what the majority of the American people want?" Pelley asks.

"Well, again, I disagree with what the majority of the American people want. Failure will lead to chaos, withdrawal will lead to chaos," McCain replies.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aha.  I suspected it was

Aha.  I suspected it was something along these lines.  Thanks for the info, guys.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism