He ages right before your very eyes!

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
He ages right before your very eyes!

There have been several projects like this on YouTube, but this one is a 17 year long version - which I think is a cake-taker.

Project page.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That guy doesn't know how to

That guy doesn't know how to keep a style. His head and facial hair changes with a rapidity I have never seen before. I haven't cut my hair since 1999. > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Hmac
Hmac's picture
User is offlineOffline
Also I noticed some of the

Also I noticed some of the hairstyles take 2-3 frames to change from long to short. One sequence has a reverse mohawk one day, and bald the next. Another sequence has a 2-3 frame "whoosh" removal of hair from front to back.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
danhanna wrote:Because of

danhanna wrote:
Because of this I have determined that there are really eight seasons: [...]
What does he mean he determined this?  Is this guy crazy?  Seasons are rather arbitrary divisions of (sometimes) significant changes in the weather.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:What does he

Thomathy wrote:
What does he mean he determined this?  Is this guy crazy?  Seasons are rather arbitrary divisions of (sometimes) significant changes in the weather.
I'm hoping this is a joke about his ring being divided into 8 pieces instead of four.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Thomathy

JillSwift wrote:
Thomathy wrote:
I'm hoping this is a joke about his ring being divided into 8 pieces instead of four.
I don't think hope here will get you far.  The way he writes about his ring makes me think he believes it's some sort of magical device.  The construction and operation of the thing is what gave way to his determination.

danhanna wrote:
The foundation of the design is 2 wooden rings, each 4 feet in diameter, 4 inches wide and 1/2 inch high. Each of these rings is cut into 4 pieces. The rings themselves symbolize the year and the 4 pieces symbolize the 4 seasons. Each of the 2 rings lie on top of each other and are bolted together. They are rotated relative to each other by 1/8. This rotation causes the 4 seasons of the lower ring to overlap the 4 seasons of the upper ring. Because of this I have determined that there are really eight seasons: lower-seasons(Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) & upper-seasons(Allwin, Tersp, Ringsum, Merfa). The upper seasons overlap the lower-seasons and are formed by taking the appropriate syllables. For example, Tersp is the end of WinTER and the beginning of SPring.
Or it's just a very unfunny joke.  Here's to hoping!

Mind, it is pretty cool to see him age anyhow.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."