Raping for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Raping for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

From the Canberra Times:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/bail-refused-in-bizarre-sex-case/1272184.aspx

Quote:

Bail refused in 'bizarre' sex case

BY ANDREW DRUMMOND 15/09/2008 12:00:00 AM

Two Sydney men have been refused bail over allegations they repeatedly raped a woman to rid her of a fictional religious curse, in a case that has been described as ''bizarre and evil''.

The woman, aged 23 in 2001 when the alleged assaults began, was told by the men that someone in the Greek community had put a curse on her using black magic and that her family would suffer cancer and possible infertility.

Details of the case were outlined in a 50-page police document tendered at Parramatta Bail Court yesterday where one of the men, Tony Golossian, 61, faced 151 charges of sex offences against the woman.

''Having read the allegations ... I must say that if this is proven it would be one of the most bizarre and evil cases I have come across in more than 40 years,'' Magistrate Graham Johnson said.

Golossian faced court for the first time yesterday after he was taken to hospital with chest pains a short time after his arrest on Friday.

A defence solicitor said Golossian was happy to comply with strict bail conditions, including a commitment not to contact the victim.

However, Mr Johnson denied the application and refused bail.

''Of concern is that the victim moved ... and changed her name but was tracked down by the perpetrator of these offences who [is allegedly the] mastermind of this series of charges,'' Mr Johnson said.

Police allege that Golossian and his co-accused 38-year-old Arthur Psichogios, who faces 79 sex offence charges against the same victim told the woman they could rid her of the curse.

Police said Golossian terrified the woman with details of the alleged curse. The court was told, ''The [victim] and her 15-year-old sister at the time would get breast cancer and their fallopian tubes would no longer function. Her mother would contract kidney cancer and her father would contract lung cancer. The most significant curse would be that her 15-year-old sister would die before 2004. These alleged curses terrified the complainant and placed her under immense duress.''

Between January 2001 and June 2005 the woman allegedly paid the men between $70,000 and $100,000 for a number of prayer sessions during which she was raped and coerced into performing oral sex on the men.

The men arranged the sessions to take place at four different hotels around Sydney and at one hotel on the state's Central Coast.

During early sessions, the woman was told to bring clippings of her armpit and pubic hair which was burnt while prayers were said, before the woman was blindfolded and made to smoke cigarettes and ingest special herbs and holy water.

Police allege Golossian told the woman she was about to have a dream that would feel real and that she shouldn't fight it or ever tell anyone what happened or the curse would not be lifted.

The woman told police Golossian told her: ''By the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit, I am King Rasoul. A curse has been put on you ... and your family ... cancer ... I'm an angel I'm here to help you.''

She remembers hearing Golossian unzip his pants before being vaginally penetrated.

There were numerous such prayer sessions, during which Psichogios on occasions had sex with the woman.

During more recent sessions the men videotaped themselves having sex with the woman, telling her to ask them to have sex with her and look like she was enjoying herself or the curse would not be lifted.

The videotapes were among property seized by police during raids of the mens' homes on Friday.

In 2005, realising that her sister had not died prior to 2004 as outlined in the curse, the woman ceased contact with Golossian and Psichogios, left her job, moved and married, taking on her husband's surname.

However, in 2006 the woman's husband received photos and videos on his mobile phone, showing segments of the sex tapes.

He did not believe his wife's explanation for the photos and videos and filed for divorce, leaving the woman alone and pregnant, police said.

Both men are due to face Burwood Local Court on October 29. AAP

I have to ask the obvious question.  If this woman didn't believe in the supernatural, curses, gods, demons, or magic, do you think she would be more or less likely to pay a hundred thousand dollars to get repeatedly raped?

Just a thought.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm adding this one to the

I'm adding this one to the pile I point to when someone naively says "What's the harm in letting people have their beliefs?".

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Want another one,

Want another one, Jill?

Source.

Quote:
Religious mother admits to son's death

Bellinda Kontominas
September 16, 2008

A WOMAN has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of her toddler son after she denied him medical treatment due to religious beliefs.

The 34-year-old mother of seven, who cannot be named for legal reasons, yesterday admitted in the NSW Supreme Court to unlawfully killing her son after refusing to allow him medical treatment for much of his short life.

The boy, who was unable to walk or talk and had a severe neurological disorder, died of pneumonia and an acute kidney infection on August 29, 2003.

His father, a church minister in Sydney's south-west, was also charged with manslaughter but he died in January of a heart attack.

The woman had told police that none of her children had ever required medical treatment because she believed in God as a healer, according to a court statement.

She said that when a member of her family was sick they would simply "say a little prayer".

The boy came to the attention of the Department of Community Services on the day he was born after his parents refused to give permission for doctors to perform an emergency blood transfusion.

A court order was granted, allowing doctors to treat the child without his parents' permission. However, the father told a doctor he believed that God could help his son "just as much as the medical profession".

Later, when doctors convinced the couple to allow them to operate on their son's cataracts, the woman told hospital staff to contact "Jesus Christ" should anything go wrong during surgery.

"Everything is now in God's hands," she told them.

The last time the boy received any medical treatment was in September 1999, soon after his surgery, the court heard.

The department closed the case on February 7, 2000.

A post-mortem examination revealed the boy weighed just a fraction a what a healthy child of that age should. He also had fractures to his ribs and other bones.

Dr Neil Langlois, who conducted the examination, concluded they may have been a pre-existing medical disease, but neglect had "directly contributed to the death". The couple called 000 on August 28, 2003, when they discovered their son dead in his cot.

When asked if she would seek medical attention if any of her other children now became sick, the woman told police: "I don't know, I'd have to make that decision in that time …"

The woman, who is on bail, is due back in court for a sentence hearing in November.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
thingy wrote:Want another

thingy wrote:
Want another one, Jill?
Not really. But the examples do seem to be a-plenty.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:I'm adding

JillSwift wrote:

I'm adding this one to the pile I point to when someone naively says "What's the harm in letting people have their beliefs?".

This isn't a case of mere beliefs. It's a case of actions that are illegal. If they merely believed these things but weren't criminal enough to act on them, there's no harm(albeit very very weird). An analogy to this might be someone wishing death upon someone else, but until or unless they act on this wish it's not criminal.

So maybe you should add this to the pile you point to when someone says "What's the harm in letting people act on their beliefs?".

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote: So maybe you

Ciarin wrote:
So maybe you should add this to the pile you point to when someone says "What's the harm in letting people act on their beliefs?".

The only problem with that here is that we are dealing with that particularly difficult, and vile form of illegality that is rape.

You see, you are saying "This is simple: something illegal happened", but the trouble with rape, as opposed to theft or murder, is that the victim has to feel raped in order for an illegality to have taken place. Sex is not illegal.

And in this case, the poor woman wasn't ready to face the fact that she had been raped before she lost her faith. Only because her sister survived 2004 did she realize that something was wrong.

What if her sister had, by coincidence, died in 2004? Then the woman would have been reafirmed in her faith, and maybe she would still be the personal sex-slave of these two vile con-men, caught in a torture chamber of her own fear and self-delusions. That is the objection to faith here. Not the illegality of the rape. That is wrong regardless of faith.

Had she, and the men been atheists, it would still be wrong.

But had she been atheist this particular scenario could not have played out the way it did. Sure she could still fall victim to other terrible crimes, but in this case, her faith is also partly to blame.

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
I... i have to give credit

I... i have to give credit were its due... that was one hell of an inventive con-ring

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nikolaj wrote:The only

Nikolaj wrote:
The only problem with that here is that we are dealing with that particularly difficult, and vile form of illegality that is rape.

You see, you are saying "This is simple: something illegal happened", but the trouble with rape, as opposed to theft or murder, is that the victim has to feel raped in order for an illegality to have taken place. Sex is not illegal.

And in this case, the poor woman wasn't ready to face the fact that she had been raped before she lost her faith. Only because her sister survived 2004 did she realize that something was wrong.

What if her sister had, by coincidence, died in 2004? Then the woman would have been reafirmed in her faith, and maybe she would still be the personal sex-slave of these two vile con-men, caught in a torture chamber of her own fear and self-delusions. That is the objection to faith here. Not the illegality of the rape. That is wrong regardless of faith.

Had she, and the men been atheists, it would still be wrong.

But had she been atheist this particular scenario could not have played out the way it did. Sure she could still fall victim to other terrible crimes, but in this case, her faith is also partly to blame.

Thank you, Nikolaj, that's spot on.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Mjolnin
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Nikolaj wrote: Sure she

Nikolaj wrote:

Sure she could still fall victim to other terrible crimes, but in this case, her faith is also partly to blame.

These men took advantage of a fear. You have placed a victim's belief as part of the problem when the only blame is the actions of a rapest.

These sick f__cks would only need to identify a different fear if she had been athiest.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mjolnin wrote:These men took

Mjolnin wrote:
These men took advantage of a fear. You have placed a victim's belief as part of the problem when the only blame is the actions of a rapest.

These sick f__cks would only need to identify a different fear if she had been athiest.

Are you trying to claim that her beliefs didn't leave her open to the act?

It's not an attempt to shift blame to say that her uncritical acceptance of thier offer made her vulnerable. The sick fucks were no less criminal for her vulnerability.

But had she been a critical thinker, she would have been more likley to tell the two to piss off. It's not being an atheist or not that's the important bit, it's being able to critically examine ideas.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Or they could of you know,

Or they could of you know, just stuffed her in the trunk and kidnapped her.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Or they

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Or they could of you know, just stuffed her in the trunk and kidnapped her.

Kinda hard to get payed to rape her that way... but to each there own

What Would Kharn Do?

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:He did not believe his

Quote:
He did not believe his wife's explanation for the photos and videos and filed for divorce, leaving the woman alone and pregnant, police said.

Nice.

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mjolnin wrote: These men

Mjolnin wrote:

I completely agree, and I thought that was was I was saying.

The only objection I have to what you say is "these sick fucks would only need to identify a different fear"

I don't believe that it's only a question of finding a fear and exploiting it. Many many people aren't in posession of a fear strong enough to be exploited in such a way.

So the question has to be, what could cause a fear so strong as to result in such intense vulnerability?

Now in the case of this poor woman, to be exploited so horribly, and to continue this for years, requires more than just superstition. I'll be the first to admit that. One must assume that she has bigger issues than simply the irrational belief in curses. but none the less, it must have been a factor, since, as she realized the men couldn't be totally right (when her sister survived 2004), this was the moment when she finally tried to free herself of the men.

And like I said, imagine her sister had coincidently died in 2004, is it not possible that she would still be in that abusive relationship, or at least have taken alot longer to finally break free?

The point is, critically examining her own beliefs in the light of new evidence was instrumental in saving her, because, (according to the article at least) it was the moment when she realized her sister living past 2004 meant something had to be wrong that she finally did something about it.

I would never imply that every single theist in the world could fall victim to the same crime. Regardless of any superstitious beliefs a person might hold, the majority would of course just tell these men to "fuck off" like Jill put it.

But even so, lack of critical thinking, lack of trust in one's own judgement, and considering faith a virtue was instrumental in hurting this poor woman.

And lack of critical thinking, lack of trust in one's own judgement (I trust in/give myself over to God), and considering faith a virtue is something that even non-vulnerable, smart, happy theists often espouse, and I for one think this story is one that should give theists pause, regardless of the fact that they know perfectly well that they could not fall victim to this crime.

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Police allege Golossian told the woman she was about to have a dream that would feel real and that she shouldn't fight it or ever tell anyone what happened or the curse would not be lifted.

During more recent sessions the men videotaped themselves having sex with the woman, telling her to ask them to have sex with her and look like she was enjoying herself or the curse would not be lifted.

These are gems.  Wow.

I'm glad she finally figured it all out...these guys suck donkey balls...now they can do it in the Big House!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
They should enjoy themselves

They should enjoy themselves with "Bubba" for a few years if they think rape is something good.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah religious morons

There are plenty and here in Toronto we are having our own issue with them, http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2008/09/15/6774176.html from the Moorish Science Temple of America, they don't believe in traditional medicine and treatments. When the father was arrested he was protesting that he has the right to do what he wants to his infant.

Here is the issue, no you don't. You have the right to raise your child as you see fit, as long as it is within the law, you can have them follow religious beliefs, you can home school them, you can teach them that science is wrong, and whatever you like within the law. You cannot however malnourished them or abuse them, the infant is 9 months old and weighs 11 lbs, or half the normal weight of a 9 month old. At this point the crown has EVERY right to take the child into custody and charge the parents with child abuse and mistreatment, etc, etc, etc. The welfare of a child OVER rides ANY religious belief.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:And lack of critical

Quote:
And lack of critical thinking, lack of trust in one's own judgement (I trust in/give myself over to God), and considering faith a virtue is something that even non-vulnerable, smart, happy theists often espouse, and I for one think this story is one that should give theists pause, regardless of the fact that they know perfectly well that they could not fall victim to this crime.

Then again, when we take the emotional weight off of this, is it really true that most theists would not fall victim to this type of manipulation?  Notice I said manipulation, not crime.  It's easy to say that most women are smart enough to know not to pay people to rape them.  However, the point of this article is not the rape.  Lots of women get raped.  It's about how she was raped.

So, let's ask ourselves, is it a crime to take money from people by promising them benefits for money, and then not delivering on the promise?  The government says it is:

Quote:

A business owner convicted of defrauding customers seeking male sexual enhancement products and a variety of herbal supplements was sentenced Wednesday to 25 years in prison.

Steve Warshak, 42, founder of Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals, also was ordered to pay $93,000 in fines. He was convicted in February on 93 counts of conspiracy, fraud and money laundering.

Federal prosecutors accused the company of bilking customers out of $100 million through a series of deceptive ads, manipulated credit card transactions and refusal to accept returns or cancel orders.

So, now let's ask... how many people have listened to a sermon on tithing and then ponied up 10% of their paycheck?  What were they promised?  In some cases, they were promised that their faith in God would produce tangible results in their life -- anything from financial success to cures for illness to a better place in heaven.  In my own life, I've heard probably fifty such sermons promising a wide range of things if only we'll give our money to God.

First off, if I'm giving my money to God, I'd like a receipt signed by the recipient, thank you.  Do any churches have any documents showing that God actually received any of the tithe money?  Is there a signed contract on record where God gives churches power of attorney to act on his behalf?

I think not.

Granted, not all churches do this, but some do.  Anybody who believes such claims and gives their money away has had a crime perpetrated against them.  My grandmother has been giving 10% of her income to the church for fifty fucking years!  She firmly believes that God is slipping her some preferential treatment as a way of saying thanks.

Rape triggers our emotional centers much more than fraud, but the church has been regularly committing fraud, and not only do they not get prosecuted, they get special treatment by the IRS.  Maybe most people aren't as above deception as they think.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
It never fails; the worst

It never fails; the worst examples of religious pitfalls could be on display a trillion times over, and theists will always just turn-up their noses and wave them away.

'Oh, but that's not the religion's fault!'

Theists? It's okay to admit, every once in a while, that your system has it's problems. Even science has it's pitfalls.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Maybe most people

Quote:
Maybe most people aren't as above deception as they think.

Allow me to second this, and offer a cautionary tale:

When I got out of high school, the friends I had at the time were punk-rockers with a rather 'Me-centric' philosophy regarding the world. One of them - whom I'll refer to by his nickname, Hunter - took-up the hobby of fucking Christian girls (ones who had boyfriends, for the extra challenge and amusement, were the prime targets).

The method was extremely simple: scout the room for said girl, convince her using a sincere-sounding bullshit story that it was somehow 'destiny' that she and him had been brought together that evening, get her to pick-up the drink tab and take her home for the night.

The hobby yielded lucrative results. I don't recall Hunter ever going home 'empty-handed' when he was out to play his game.

Now, because (unlike Dylan) I actually do care about the average person's feelings to some extent, I can't say I (or anyone in the same boat as me) would be able to play on people's beliefs as effectively as described - but that's not the point. The point is that people like Dylan (or more monstrous people like those mentioned in the OP) are enabled by the grotesque beliefs that theists hold, and it only makes them that much more influential when you refuse to see how your judgement has been poisoned.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The method was

Quote:
The method was extremely simple: scout the room for said girl, convince her using a sincere-sounding bullshit story that it was somehow 'destiny' that she and him had been brought together that evening, get her to pick-up the drink tab and take her home for the night.

In all fairness, this routine works on non-Christian girls, too.  It's sort of like the shampoo mystery.  (If you're not familiar with this phenomenon, it's simple.  Put any substance you like in a shampoo bottle, pick some kind of exotic fruit or vegetable -- like passion fruit or mango -- for the label, and include the word "goddess" somewhere, and millions of women will buy it.)  It's the same in the bars.  Women love destiny and fate the way men love beer and football.

The overall point is well made, though.  Anybody who gets the big head about being "above" manipulation probably hasn't examined their own life thoroughly.  It's a constant battle, and even without silly mythology, it's difficult.  Once you add in ghosts and curses, it's damn near impossible to remain credulous.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mjolnin wrote:These men took

Mjolnin wrote:

Kinda like these guys played on people's fears:

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

What did Jesus say about it?

Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Mark 9:43-44 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. (Mark 9:45-48)

And what about the countless priests and "good" Xian folk who have threatened little children and adults over the centuries?

I agree: Sick fucks. 

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
Isaac Asimov