Technocracy a better answer, a Scientific one.

mohammed
mohammed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Technocracy a better answer, a Scientific one.

www.technocracy.org 

If you never heard of it, it could possibley take a year to fully understand. But, it is the only Government designed by science and is based on an energy economy instead of money like every other government ever conceived. while we still have our current form of government i usually side with the democracts VS the republicans. 

From what i know about libertarians they seem to think the market will do whats best and we have seen that just isnt the case. The market does whats best for itself, not people, planet, reason, etc...

NarcolepticSun
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote:lol its funny

mohammed wrote:

lol its funny to see all the misconceptions and misunderstandings of Technocracy. Like i said some people take as long as a year to get the concepts. Energy accounting is incredible! it's all about balance and a system of distribution that deals with real values (energy). Our money system is based on exponential growth and scarcity. Which one is sustainable? 

BTW technocracy has democracy built into it, social and political things are voted on.

Mohammed, if you cannot see what about Technocracy is identical to Fascism - please eductate yourself in basic economic studies. It doesn't take a year to "get technocracy" - although it may take a year of drugs and alcohol to become so deluded you think it is possibly viable.

The beauty of economics is that everything is black and white - the gray areas are whenever people try to manipulate the economy against what is possible. An economy is either centrally controlled - or it is not. There is no partial-central economic authority. If you remove all the political bullshit - an economy can either be Fascist or Libertarian, either it has a centralised or decentralised economy, respectively. Even Brenton-Woods was a Fascist system pretending it had the stability of a Libertarian system.

Either a unit of currency is determined by its intrinsic value as a commodity (such as gold) - or there is a central authority who declares it's value (such as the US government and the US dollar). In your bullshit technocracy, lets just say that energy is split into units and is a commodity - if it is a genuine commodity - then there is no need for these people with skills to distribute it. If these people with skills are distributing (i.e. rationing) the energy units - then they're manipulating how the units would have been distrubuted naturally - and a declaring the ration via central planning. This is economic Fascism. Whatever direction the economy goes - the governing authority will follow.

Why is the United States more and more resembling a Totalitarian State? Because we have a central bank that has been conditioning the people to accept the authority of the United States' government via the US Dollar. Just look at the current issues - we look to the government to bail us out - because we've been conditioned to expect that the government will have the only viable answer. How do we restore the value of the dollar? Get rid of the Fed.

NarcolepticSun
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote: OK Doomed,

mohammed wrote:

OK Doomed, If you think you can handle it i challenge you to a moderated/judged debate in the debate forum.

I will argue that systems like our current one that are based on growth will fail and that we need a new system based on sustainability the form of distribution will be one that can be measured (energy). And that the system will be based on thermodynamics. you can argue the opposite.

Actually, our current system is based on economic predetation. That is the consequence of fiat credit. Commodity credit is viable, because someone has to give up actual money in order to issue someone a loan. In our current system, banks can write you a check  - and do not have to have all the money to back it. If the Fed has set the reserve requirement at 20% and you want a loan for $100,000 - the bank only has to have $20,000 as collateral to write you a check for that $100G. Even at 0% - the bank just made $80,000 off you after you pay it back - which, if the reserve requirement is still at 20%, it can turn around and issue another $400,000 in loans - then after those are paid off - etc.

This is all part of America's centrally planned economy. If we came away from a system where banks didn't have such monopolistic control over money and fiat credit, then things would be different. Our current ecomoic crisis is the result of this policy not being taken proper control of - and what is the government's answer? Issue an additional $1 trillion in credit to wallstreet to bail them out? It's like fighting fire with fire.

An economic system based on sustainability will cause an immense recession. America, Europe, Japan and China have borrowed so much against the credit of the entire world - and it is because of this that we have been prosperous. If we resort to a system of global sustainability - then everyone in the entire world would be reduced to living on the equivalent of a dollar or less per day.

It may be prickish of me to say this - but I'll eat another human being alive before I give up my property for such vain venues. Yes, it really sucks to be in situations of extreme poverty around the world - but if resources were all distrubuted evenly - their lives would insignificantly improve - while ours became much worse. I'm not saying I deserve to have better than anyone else - but I enjoy what I have and understand that giving up what I have won't make anyone else better for shit.

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
NarcolepticSun

NarcolepticSun wrote:

mohammed wrote:

lol its funny to see all the misconceptions and misunderstandings of Technocracy. Like i said some people take as long as a year to get the concepts. Energy accounting is incredible! it's all about balance and a system of distribution that deals with real values (energy). Our money system is based on exponential growth and scarcity. Which one is sustainable? 

BTW technocracy has democracy built into it, social and political things are voted on.

Mohammed, if you cannot see what about Technocracy is identical to Fascism - please eductate yourself in basic economic studies. It doesn't take a year to "get technocracy" - although it may take a year of drugs and alcohol to become so deluded you think it is possibly viable.

The beauty of economics is that everything is black and white - the gray areas are whenever people try to manipulate the economy against what is possible. An economy is either centrally controlled - or it is not. There is no partial-central economic authority. If you remove all the political bullshit - an economy can either be Fascist or Libertarian, either it has a centralised or decentralised economy, respectively. Even Brenton-Woods was a Fascist system pretending it had the stability of a Libertarian system.

Either a unit of currency is determined by its intrinsic value as a commodity (such as gold) - or there is a central authority who declares it's value (such as the US government and the US dollar). In your bullshit technocracy, lets just say that energy is split into units and is a commodity - if it is a genuine commodity - then there is no need for these people with skills to distribute it. If these people with skills are distributing (i.e. rationing) the energy units - then they're manipulating how the units would have been distrubuted naturally - and a declaring the ration via central planning. This is economic Fascism. Whatever direction the economy goes - the governing authority will follow.

Why is the United States more and more resembling a Totalitarian State? Because we have a central bank that has been conditioning the people to accept the authority of the United States' government via the US Dollar. Just look at the current issues - we look to the government to bail us out - because we've been conditioned to expect that the government will have the only viable answer. How do we restore the value of the dollar? Get rid of the Fed.

The value of gold still fluctuates based on supply and demand. On the other hand, energy is needed to produce anything (see physics). The reason why energy consumption is a superior method of valuation should be clear. It is not necessary to register the kinds of purchases made, only the value of each purchase in terms of energy cost. Purchase registration is something we already do (see accounting), but on the basis of a floating value irrespective of actual cost.

These would make good questions, but don't automatically think you know without asking. "How would a technocracy handle X situation," is a good start.