I'm Christian (go ahead try to fix me)

Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
I'm Christian (go ahead try to fix me)
jesus-cross_140_1024x768.jpg

I noticed a slogon... "Believe in God? We can fix that." Go ahead and try to fix me. I want to test my faith.


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I noticed a slogon... "Believe in God? We can fix that." Go ahead and try to fix me. I want to test my faith.

Lamb, couple of quick questions...

Do you want to be fixed?

How badly do you want to rid yourself of your current belief system ?


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
As long as your not a drive

As long as your not a drive by poster, this could be... entertaining... for both sides


Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
Posts: 1322
Joined: 2006-02-11
User is offlineOffline
Okay, Lamb.  I'll start. 

Okay, Lamb.  I'll start. 

1. You might as well have titled this thread "I'm a brainwashed majority who believes in Santa Claus for adults" instead of "I'm Christian" (I think you meant to say "I'm 'a' Christian" by the way) 

2. You can start by defining your flavor of Christianity.  What sect do you ascribe too, or in a more layman's variety, what part of the mythology of Christianity, Christ, and the Abrahamic God do you disregard and which parts do you hold as "truth?"

3. Define god.

 

After you at least answer the second and third question posed we can continue. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I noticed a slogon... "Believe in God? We can fix that." Go ahead and try to fix me. I want to test my faith.

In order to fix your belief you need to want to be fixed. What don't you like about your current belief system and why do you want it fixed?

What is your current belief system specifically?

What does it do for you?

What does it leave unanswered?

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
answers

I believe in the KJV Bible, though I acknowledge that it's translated by man and has possible misconception. To define God is out of my wisdom other than to say, God.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I believe in the KJV Bible, though I acknowledge that it's translated by man and has possible misconception. To define God is out of my wisdom other than to say, God.
I'm glad you're not a drive-by poster.

Claiming you can't define god is a cop-out. OK, from your point of view you can't encompass "god" with a definition, but you sure can draw a rough sketch. Otherwise it's really difficult to discuss it.

 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I believe in the KJV Bible, though I acknowledge that it's translated by man and has possible misconception. To define God is out of my wisdom other than to say, God.

1. Why do you choose to call the contradictions "misconceptions"?

2. I think Rook was asking (for the moment) "What do you think God is?" - I'm sure we'll get to why your definition is as poor as all the others. Are you saying you don't know what you believe about God well enough to articulate it to others? Why have that kind of belief at all?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Misunderstood

I'm sorry if I was misleading in my post, but what I meant was: I'm a Christian who wants an Atheist to try to convert me to Atheism. I have no intentions on being converted, though. I merely want to debate and feel good about what we believe.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I'm

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I'm sorry if I was misleading in my post, but what I meant was: I'm a Christian who wants an Atheist to try to convert me to Atheism. I have no intentions on being converted, though. I merely want to debate and feel good about what we believe.
Atheism isn't a religion, hon. We can't "convert" you, only de-convert. See, you were born an atheist, and were taught to believe in the idea of god.

We can fix that, but you have to be willing to work the logic and examine the evidence. Without definitions of what exactly you were taught to believe, we really can't demonstrate it to be a myth like Santa Claus or faeries.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I believe in the KJV Bible, though I acknowledge that it's translated by man and has possible misconception. To define God is out of my wisdom other than to say, God.

That certainly leaves a wide open position. There are many who believe and interpret the KJV Bible in many ways which is yours?

It's good to see you acknowledge the KJV Bible has problems specifically which "misconceptions"  bother you?

Your definition of God is also wide open allowing for anything you don't understand. You probably don't do that with other concepts in the world though do you? If you don't grasp something do you just assume what you are told is correct? Or do you look into the basis of what has been presented with skepticism and questioning?

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Misconception

What I meant by misconception was that when translated, you can see a noticable difference between even the KJV and the NKJV. There may be such differances between the original Greek, Hebrew, and Roman texts to the KJV. Such differances may cause contradiction. However, I trust the KJV bible, because it survived so many years of torment.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I noticed a slogon... "Believe in God? We can fix that." Go ahead and try to fix me. I want to test my faith.

It's a pithy slogan, but contrary to what you've heard everything doesn't go better with Coke, and people eating at McDonald's aren't loving it, but dying a little inside with every bite. You raise an interesting dilemma, though. In order to test something, the test must be framed in some context or the results are meaningless. To do that, the thing has to be articulated. By definition, religious faith "just is," or else isn't not faith at all, but some kind of conviction based on observation. If it is the latter, then surely there's some way to articulate it, and defend it beyond it just being so. So this is either, by definition, an impossible conversation to proceed with, or you do value reason more than faith.


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Misconceptions

I don't know of any misconceptions or contradictions in the KJV, but I do acknowledge they're existance. If you present some I am gladly willing to share my ideas.


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Confession

I'll admit I'm a man of reason over faith. That makes me having faith, a wonderful feeling. However, if I wanted to discuss faithly, I would have gone to church and debate. This site is full of reason, which is why I'm here: to debate reasonably.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I'll

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I'll admit I'm a man of reason over faith.

Good. I'll remember that.

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
That makes me having faith, a wonderful feeling.

Is it a feeling, more or less?

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
However, if I wanted to discuss faithly, I would have gone to church and debate. This site is full of reason, which is why I'm here: to debate reasonably.

If that's the case, I wonder how you hope to reconcile the "reasoned" debate you seek with the goal of "stronger faith," since you've agreed that they're separate and contradictory ways to draw conclusions.


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Apologies

What I meant was that I come here to debate my belief, not to rejoice that I believe.


Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
Posts: 284
Joined: 2008-06-12
User is offlineOffline
For a supposed 'man of

For a supposed 'man of reason' you sure do a lot of running from the issues. You have so far centered upon one claim and completely ignored all of the other questions and points you have been dealt. Stand and Fight or Run Away completely.

So I will rearticulate the points that have been made. What do you believe? Or would you rather we just start going through the generic problems with all religions, like none of them having even the slightest evidene to support them?

Sorry, I'm generally a pretty patient person, but I'm not going to waste my time playing twenty questions to try and pin down your particular brand of dogmatic self-dillusion. Either state what you believe or go away. As for discussing faithly over reasonably, faithly is the only way you can discuss religion. There's no reason involved in it.

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Apologies

Your right. I'm sorry, but there is only one true Christianity, and that Christianity believes and follows the KJV Bible, the only trustworthy translation to english. I attend Faith Babtist Church. I hate to say that I am part of a "sect" because that would acknowledge these others may be right. If it doesn't follow the KJV for the whole Word, how can it be called "Christian?"


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
So what makes a particular

So what makes a particular 16th century English translation better than any other?


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:Your

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
Your right. I'm sorry, but there is only one true Christianity, and that Christianity believes and follows the KJV Bible [...]

The one with the unicorns?


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Hmm

I thought the same thing alot, but there are less contradictions in the KJV. If not, please prove it, because I want to know truth.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:What I

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
What I meant was that I come here to debate my belief, not to rejoice that I believe.

Are you replying to me? If so, I don't get it.

Also, still wondering how a "reasoned debate" can "strengthen faith" if you and I both agree they're incompatible ways to draw conclusions.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2385
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Can we fix this

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
Your right. I'm sorry, but there is only one true Christianity, and that Christianity believes and follows the KJV Bible, the only trustworthy translation to english. I attend Faith Babtist Church. I hate to say that I am part of a "sect" because that would acknowledge these others may be right. If it doesn't follow the KJV for the whole Word, how can it be called "Christian?"

     Your statement--- there is only one true christianity.......believes and follows the KJV bible....---.  Sir that statment is "Bigotted" ;  what of other  christians who do not use the KJV --catholics, coptics, Syrian Mormans Mennonites, etc...?

     Each member of every religion that has ever existed has likely said the exact same thing about their theology. That may be the most important reason of all to avoid religions and their imaginary deitys.  I as an atheist can not HATE anyone based on something that  simply does not exist.

     I disreguard all religions equally,  and I live without rivalry & hatreds.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2385
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
If I may

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I thought the same thing alot, but there are less contradictions in the KJV. If not, please prove it, because I want to know truth.

 

      Might I direct you to the following?

     http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
ONe would think if it were

ONe would think if it were truly from an omnipotent and omniscient God (never mind these are broken concepts) he/she/it would make sure every translation was perfect - and even if there was only 1 "correct" translation, it would have NO contradictions or absurdities.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
Posts: 284
Joined: 2008-06-12
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:Your

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
Your right. I'm sorry, but there is only one true Christianity, and that Christianity believes and follows the KJV Bible, the only trustworthy translation to english. I attend Faith Babtist Church. I hate to say that I am part of a "sect" because that would acknowledge these others may be right. If it doesn't follow the KJV for the whole Word, how can it be called "Christian?"

Prove it. Why is the King James Version better than the original greek(*1)? because its the closest translation to the greek? Wouldn't that make the greek version still even much more better? (I seriously need to stop quoting those movies, Seriously) By that logic, if what makes the King James Version the best version is that it is closest to the original greek than can't the original greeks say the same thing about you, that you are not and cannot be called a 'Christian'?

Also, you also said it was a good translation because it didn't have as many contradictions(*2), but yet earlier you denied knowing of contradictions in it at all(*3)? So how can you make that claim?

Also, Don't just point at a book and say 'I believe that' tell me what it entails. You think I'm going to read the entire King James Bible just for this debate? No, I want you to describe what you believe god is, what he has promised to do, and why. If you cannot describe your god, how can you say you believe in him?

1: Based on your statement of 'the only trustworthy translation to english' from post 19.
2: Based on your statement of 'I thought the same thing alot, but there are less contradictions in the KJV. If not, please prove it, because I want to know truth.' in post 21.
3: Based on your statement of 'I don't know of any misconceptions or contradictions in the KJV' in post 13.

@ Jeffrick: YES WE CAN!
begin singing about 'Al the Atheist'

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I noticed a slogon... "Believe in God? We can fix that." Go ahead and try to fix me. I want to test my faith.

No one is here to test your faith. YOU need to have the ability, on your own to be unafriad to question what others have sold you. We have already gone through that process. If you want to know WHY we reject your deity claim it is quite simple.

For the same reason you would rightfully reject the absurd claim of Thor making lighting or Ra(Egyptian sun god) was actually a thinking being. When you understand WHY you reject those claims, you'll understand why we reject yours as well.

"Question with boldness the existence of God, for if there be one, surely he would pay more homage to reason than to that of blindfolded fear" Thomas Jefferson.

We are not afraid of questioning you. But more importantly are YOU afraid of questioning yourself? That is where challenges are met and learning happens, no one can force that on you, it is something you have to want.

If all you want to do is preach at us, you are wasting our time and yours.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:Your

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
Your right. I'm sorry, but there is only one true Christianity, and that Christianity believes and follows the KJV Bible, the only trustworthy translation to english. I attend Faith Babtist Church. I hate to say that I am part of a "sect" because that would acknowledge these others may be right. If it doesn't follow the KJV for the whole Word, how can it be called "Christian?"

Oh boy, if I had a nickle for everytime I heard this fallacy|(True Scottsman fallacy) I would make Bill Gates look like a homeless person. When someone starts their first thread with a 101 mistake we know emediately they have brought an intelectual knife to an intelectual gunfight.

We have run into far more creative theists who wouldn't dare commit such a mistake and know we know what they know.

You might want to bone up on some research on what types of fallacies religious people commit before you challenge us. You are not dealing with amateurs at this site.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
First off, he is not just

First off, he is not just "my god," he is the god. I assumed you all already knew who I was talking about when I said, "I'm Christian." Secondly, thanks to whoever revealed to me about the Greeks being able to not call me Christian. It made me change my views on things. I didn't come here just to debate, but to grow as well.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
The Majority of the world

The Majority of the world disagrees. There are plenty of us who say there is no actual God. Hindus would say there are more than 1. Moslems and Jews would likely say you worship the right god in the wrong way. Other religions would say your god is false.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Sorry

I know it looks like I am running from some questions and all, but I am posting from a handheld device. I do not currently have access to a computer now so my posts are limited to a small body of text.


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
The Majority of the World

A majority is only stronger. That doesn't make it correct.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:First

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
First off, he is not just "my god," he is the god.

Exclusivity being a premise reliant on others. For there to be a "the" rather than "my," absolute rather than relative, there has to be a thing to begin with; which you have not established beyond nakedly asserting exclusivity for a particular translation of those collected scriptures. So you're getting ahead of yourself.

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I assumed you all already knew who I was talking about when I said, "I'm Christian." Secondly, thanks to whoever revealed to me about the Greeks being able to not call me Christian. It made me change my views on things.

Wait till you hear about the precursors to biblical stories.

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I didn't come here just to debate, but to grow as well.

Good.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:A

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
A majority is only stronger. That doesn't make it correct.

This is true. The latter part, anyway. I'll remember you said this.


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:Lamb-of-Truth

magilum wrote:

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
Your right. I'm sorry, but there is only one true Christianity, and that Christianity believes and follows the KJV Bible [...]

The one with the unicorns?


Unicorns refer to a ram with a missing horn.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Unicorns refer to a

Quote:
Unicorns refer to a ram with a missing horn.

Would you provide your source for this claim?

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
They Say. What Do You Say?

They say you all are influenced by the devil, who is decieving you. Misleading you.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3627
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Being an atheist I don't

Being an atheist I don't believe in prophecy but I will personally predict that Lamb-Of-Truth will make little or no progress in overcoming his / her religious superstitions.....time will tell.

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I know

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I know it looks like I am running from some questions and all, but I am posting from a handheld device. I do not currently have access to a computer now so my posts are limited to a small body of text.

I guess you like your wireless contracts like your God, unlimited until you read the fine print.


 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2385
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Sorry ole'sport

  

      Being a total atheist I can not and certainly do not believe in any devil--god--santa--baal --   need I go through the list. What we preach here is rational thaught process'   the opposite of faith based uniformity. NO imaginary deitys of any kind good or bad or indifferent.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Random Idea in my Head

How can you say atheism is different from theism. If theists can't explain it, God did it. If atheists can't explain it, we haven't discovered how, why, or what yet. Either way, you fill up the gaps with a broad statement that makes you feel right.


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:How can

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
How can you say atheism is different from theism. If theists can't explain it, God did it. If atheists can't explain it, we haven't discovered how, why, or what yet. Either way, you fill up the gaps with a broad statement that makes you feel right.

We have no proof God exists.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Saying we don't know is more

Saying we don't know is more honest than making something up.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3328
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:If

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
If atheists can't explain it, we haven't discovered how, why, or what yet. Either way, you fill up the gaps with a broad statement that makes you feel right.

just how is that a "broad statement"?  that seems to me to be the very definition of "can't explain it."

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Lamb-of-Truth
Posts: 24
Joined: 2008-09-13
User is offlineOffline
Apologies

I'm sorry to have wasted your time, but I got a lot out of this. Just so you know, I love how those three brainwashed, or should I say "soulwashed," my once atheist mind with the blood of the one who knows all. My imaginary friend controls all but our minds. WE control our minds, allowing a flood of philosophy to drown our minds. You will not accept my view, and I already knew that. I was here to see life believing it has no life. Funny isn't. Thank you for your time. Smiling


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
That doesn't make sense.

That doesn't make sense. Blood in your brain would be a very bad thing. Souls are simply a primitive explanation for brain function. And more than likely Jesus never existed.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3328
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I was

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I was here to see life believing it has no life. Funny isn't. Thank you for your time. Smiling

no problem.  glad we could help with your nature-watching experiment.  come back to the fuckin' zoo anytime.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3627
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:I'm

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
I'm sorry to have wasted your time, but I got a lot out of this. Just so you know, I love how those three brainwashed, or should I say "soulwashed," my once atheist mind with the blood of the one who knows all. My imaginary friend controls all but our minds. WE control our minds, allowing a flood of philosophy to drown our minds. You will not accept my view, and I already knew that. I was here to see life believing it has no life. Funny isn't. Thank you for your time. Smiling

 

            Bada Bing !!!

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
awh... he's leaving?  but

awh... he's leaving?  but we didnt get passed the ass reaming... and on to the good stuff...

Pity... he had so much entertainment potential

What Would Kharn Do?


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Lamb-of-Truth wrote:A

Lamb-of-Truth wrote:
A majority is only stronger. That doesn't make it correct.

BINGO!

If a majority of morons told you to jump off a cliff, just because they held the popular beleif that it was good, would you do it?

People once falsely believed that the sun was a thinking entity. People once falsely believed that Thor made lighting. People once falsely believed that the earth was flat. People once falsely believed that heart, and not the brain did the thinking. Unfortunately for humanity, most popular guesses at reality are far from it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37