Campaign ads

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Campaign ads

Is it just me or do the ads now just focus on the negative of the oppenent rather than the positive of the candidate?

 

I mean come on take

 

 

Obama ad:

 

 

 

 

 

JOHN MCCAIN DOESN'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!

 

Mccain ad

 

 

 

 

OBAMA IS ELUSIVE ON ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

 

 

 Is it just me or should they focus on why you should vote for them rather than why you shouldn't vote for their oppenent?

 

 

 

 


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Crap, I accidently posted

Crap, I accidently posted the Obama ad twice and can't seem to edit:

 

Here's the Mccain one:

 

 

 

 

 

 


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
It goes with my hypothesis

It goes with my hypothesis that fly-over America can stomach any hypocrisy if their side is always frothing with hatred, and they get a stimulus check for a yearly rhinestones-and-mayonnaise spree at Wal-Mart. The dems are precarious because they have to try to win over some of the grunting, inbred beasts while maintaining their foundation of guilty liberal do-gooders and bandana-wearing stencil makers.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Obama, who insisted

Thanks Obama, who insisted children are alerted to the danger of strangers (sex related education). McCain is a dirty fucking lying evil piece of devil shit .... I hate McCain ....


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Politics is apperantly a

Politics is apperantly a foreign concept to Pineapple


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
I thought I would share one.

I thought I would share one.

 

You might also check out www.tighroslin.com for the issues.

Beware! McCain-Palin are CYLONS!!!!

 

This has been a sarcastic parody. Had it been a real parody, actual politicians would be involved. This is only a sarcastic parody.

We return you now to your previously aired obnoxious programs.

Thanks, Christopher.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
Meh

Wouldn't it be great if all candidates did was provide a clear platform, a list of stances on issues and policies, and answered direct questions about thier politics?

But, that would require folks to read through the information and form opinions on thier own. It's so much easier to be told in a 30 to 45 second spot who you like and who you don't like. An emotional response takes no real effort at all.

Isn't it fun to think what a large percentage of folks make thier voting decision based on TV ads?

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


mohammed
mohammed's picture
Posts: 119
Joined: 2008-08-20
User is offlineOffline
 i would love to know what

 i would love to know what change McCain is bringing. he has said that he will bring change but never said what the change would be. hmmm

I don't mind when they attack each other on legitimate issues.


Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
Posts: 172
Joined: 2008-07-07
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote: i would

mohammed wrote:

 i would love to know what change McCain is bringing. he has said that he will bring change but never said what the change would be. hmmm

I don't mind when they attack each other on legitimate issues.

That reminds me of those late night infomercials where they talk about starting up your own internet business, but, they never tell you what they sell on those internet businesses.

"I made 50 thousand dollars last month from my internet business!" What the heck did you sell????? They never say.


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Sleestack wrote:That reminds

Sleestack wrote:

That reminds me of those late night infomercials where they talk about starting up your own internet business, but, they never tell you what they sell on those internet businesses.

"I made 50 thousand dollars last month from my internet business!" What the heck did you sell????? They never say.

 

... whats the 1 thing on the internet that actually makes money

 

PORN

 

case closed

 

What Would Kharn Do?


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:That reminds me of

Quote:

That reminds me of those late night infomercials where they talk about starting up your own internet business, but, they never tell you what they sell on those internet businesses.

"I made 50 thousand dollars last month from my internet business!" What the heck did you sell????? They never say.

One of my biggest regrets in life is that I didn't get in on the ground floor of internet porn.

Anyway, yeah... I don't watch political ads.  It's a waste of 30 seconds of my life, and I won't gain any useful information about either candidate.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


scole665
Posts: 67
Joined: 2008-06-27
User is offlineOffline
Love it

magilum wrote:

It goes with my hypothesis that fly-over America can stomach any hypocrisy if their side is always frothing with hatred, and they get a stimulus check for a yearly rhinestones-and-mayonnaise spree at Wal-Mart. The dems are precarious because they have to try to win over some of the grunting, inbred beasts while maintaining their foundation of guilty liberal do-gooders and bandana-wearing stencil makers.

 

Do you have a copyright on this?  Because if not, you need to make haste to get it done. It's fucking hilarious. 

god -- I tried you on for size.... you were a little long in the crotch, loose in the waist, short in the length and you made my butt look extra flat. I had to take you back for an exchange.


El Gato Negro
El Gato Negro's picture
Posts: 35
Joined: 2007-05-16
User is offlineOffline
i was giving obama the

i was giving obama the benefit of doubt. but after the bullshit lieberman pulled with youtube there goes my vote. going libertrian all the way now.


nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
Posts: 235
Joined: 2008-07-21
User is offlineOffline
El Gato Negro wrote:i was

El Gato Negro wrote:

i was giving obama the benefit of doubt. but after the bullshit lieberman pulled with youtube there goes my vote. going libertrian all the way now.

 

I guess I'm confused.

 

What did Lieberman do and what did it have to do with Obama?

 

I must have missed something.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Hey El Gato, voting liberal

Hey El Gato, voting liberal 3rd party, UNLESS they have a chance to win, is like handing your vote to your most disliked right wing candidate, and is a big part of why Gore lost to Bush.

Untill the system is fixed to include a 1, 2, 3rd choice, where your 1st choice loser is re-counted towards your 2nd choice, etc, it's basiclly a wasted protest vote in our current system. Heck, I'd most always vote 3rd party, but I know not to. Fix the system, get the "fix" on the ballet.


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:Hey El

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Hey El Gato, voting liberal 3rd party, UNLESS they have a chance to win, is like handing your vote to your most disliked right wing candidate, and is a big part of why Gore lost to Bush.

It punishes the democratic party for not fielding a candidate that you can stomach. The point is to make the dems say "Oh shit, 3rd parties are making us lose to the republicans, we had better start appeasing these third party voters to get them on our side." Or if not, then they will be punished with 4 to 8 years of McCain/Palin. Their choice.

So long as the dems are anti-gun rights, I am anti-dem. I hope they suffer under McCain enough to come to their senses. I know that they won't, but it is a private dream of mine. I hate to be a one issue voter, but the dems try so hard to rob away my ability to legally defend myself that I feel they force me to be this way. Meh, that's politics.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


El Gato Negro
El Gato Negro's picture
Posts: 35
Joined: 2007-05-16
User is offlineOffline
Lieberman is trying to

Lieberman is trying to censor youtube on it's content and pressuring goggle to block certain videos.

Lieberman is an extension of Obama. The whole democrated party is throwing away our civil liberities.


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Wouldn't it

JillSwift wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if all candidates did was provide a clear platform, a list of stances on issues and policies, and answered direct questions about thier politics? 

What a dream that would be. I think you are describing political heaven.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Yeah Jorm, I realize that. I

Yeah Jorm, I realize that. I only type the essense of my thoughts. Like I said, let's fix the system. I'm against punishment in general .... ( and there's another lenghly essay I'm not going to type )   LOL. Yeah, fucking politicians, generally speaking that is. "Power to People" ..... so HOW???  No more fear!  


El Gato Negro
El Gato Negro's picture
Posts: 35
Joined: 2007-05-16
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:Hey El

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Hey El Gato, voting liberal 3rd party, UNLESS they have a chance to win, is like handing your vote to your most disliked right wing candidate, and is a big part of why Gore lost to Bush.

Untill the system is fixed to include a 1, 2, 3rd choice, where your 1st choice loser is re-counted towards your 2nd choice, etc, it's basiclly a wasted protest vote in our current system. Heck, I'd most always vote 3rd party, but I know not to. Fix the system, get the "fix" on the ballet.

Voting for a 3rd party is an act of civil disobedience. Your make a statement that either party is addressing the real issues.  I know the libertarian party won't win this election but when the records show that 5-9% of voters selected a 3rd party  that's a statement.

 

Nader didn't make Gore lose...Gore and the democratic party did. For not having the balls to confront the GOP. It's been 4 years now since I exclusively vote Libertarian. Let me tell you Libertarians are the only ones with enough courage and knowledge of our own constitution to ridicule and confront the GOP. Only reason I was considering Obama was because he does have logic and passion but in the end he is just complacent. 

 


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
What if I were to say that I

What if I were to say that I think the only reason you are considering Obama is because he isn't Bob Barr?

Bob Barr is to libertarian as Kent Hovind is to science.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


El Gato Negro
El Gato Negro's picture
Posts: 35
Joined: 2007-05-16
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:What if I

darth_josh wrote:

What if I were to say that I think the only reason you are considering Obama is because he isn't Bob Barr?

Bob Barr is to libertarian as Kent Hovind is to science.

 

Well you're right to some extent. I'm not fond of Bob Barr in general considering he is a recent born again Libertarian. If Ron Paul would have just gone Libertarian on the ticket then I would'nt have even considered Obama.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
El Gato, YES, revolution,

El Gato, YES, revolution, but NO, your method is wrong, and unproductive, and worse, it gives more power to OUR enemy. Reform the system logically.


El Gato Negro
El Gato Negro's picture
Posts: 35
Joined: 2007-05-16
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:El

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

El Gato, YES, revolution, but NO, your method is wrong, and unproductive, and worse, it gives more power to OUR enemy.

 

No I'm not. You know Barr is still Pro-Life. That is his right on a personal level but he should express those thoughts to himself plus his past antics as a republician are disturbing.


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
El Gato Negro

El Gato Negro wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

What if I were to say that I think the only reason you are considering Obama is because he isn't Bob Barr?

Bob Barr is to libertarian as Kent Hovind is to science.

 

Well you're right to some extent. I'm not fond of Bob Barr in general considering he is a recent born again Libertarian. If Ron Paul would have just gone Libertarian on the ticket then I would'nt have even considered Obama.

Seriously, of all the people to pick, they selected Bob Barr. I don't even consider him a libertarian. Didn't he try and get pagan religious practices banned from the military? And he co-sponsored the defense of marriage act. What a turd candidate. Not quite as much of a turd as Obama or McCain though. Man I miss Ron Paul. I wish him the best of luck in trying to turn the republicans libertarian, but he'll probably fail. We could sure use him in the libertarian party though. But I understand his plan of running as a republican to get into office and national debates.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
El Gato, I think (?) our

El Gato, I think (?) our goals are basically the same.  Check out this thread,

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15193#comment-196493
   What do libertarians think of health insurance companies who deny coverage or   demand high co-pays?

 


El Gato Negro
El Gato Negro's picture
Posts: 35
Joined: 2007-05-16
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:El Gato

Jormungander wrote:

El Gato Negro wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

What if I were to say that I think the only reason you are considering Obama is because he isn't Bob Barr?

Bob Barr is to libertarian as Kent Hovind is to science.

 

Well you're right to some extent. I'm not fond of Bob Barr in general considering he is a recent born again Libertarian. If Ron Paul would have just gone Libertarian on the ticket then I would'nt have even considered Obama.

Seriously, of all the people to pick, they selected Bob Barr. I don't even consider him a libertarian. Didn't he try and get pagan religious practices banned from the military? And he co-sponsored the defense of marriage act. What a turd candidate. Not quite as much of a turd as Obama or McCain though. Man I miss Ron Paul. I wish him the best of luck in trying to turn the republicans libertarian, but he'll probably fail. We could sure use him in the libertarian party though. But I understand his plan of running as a republican to get into office and national debates.

I was hoping Wayne Allyn Root would win the nomination after seeing him in the LP debates.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Root, at a glance, sounds

Root, at a glance, sounds like an improvement to me, so fix the problem, the stupid 2 party system. Voting 3rd party is to often disastrous.

Vote Nader, get Bush ???  That sucks. We for change are getting reamed .... Use the law, fix the system ....