It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Brian37

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

magilum wrote:

One of the fundamental differences in our thinking appears to be your satisfaction, if not comfort, in there being mysteries. As though there were this kernel of something that would be destroyed by scrutiny. I think it's because if faith were to be articulated, we would find that at its heart it is ultimately an assertion which we can't satisfactorily justify. And when we frame it this way, as we frame almost everything else in our lives, it feels threatening to our happiness and well-being. Is this good or bad for us? I don't know. My way of thinking is that the more mysteries I unravel the more I can justify what I believe in, because I can explain things. What I'm left with is a much more robust philosophy that I don't have to guard under the auspices of "mystery."

I appreciate your reasonable statement.  There are mysteries in life for all of us.  I also am trying to unravel every mystery I can.  Here is why I am not concerned about living with the type of mystery I mentioned:  If a Man died for me I accept the fact that He loves me and is my friend.  If He does and says things that are a mystery to me I can live with that while I try to understand why.

I hate the word "mystery".  It is far too rooted in giving humans an excuse to give up in finding answers. If your desire is to protect your ego, your "mystery" is rooted in avoiding reality. Mysteries are not a virtue. The unknown is something to uncover, not hide behind to coddle our superstitions or case of the warm fuzzies.

Brian,

The baby sweaters my wife knits are a mystery to me - but I don't hate it.  I just marvel at it - and I'm not the least bit interested in unraveling the sweater or the mystery.  

Your hatred of the word "mystery" may instead just be a way to protect your fragile ego from the divine reality of things beyond you (they do exist) not allowing marvel.    

As far as my ego - for me to live is Christ, to die is gain...  (at least that is my focus moment by moment shared with Paul - but I haven't been stoned or beaten lately so it may just be untested talk.  I can't boast putting my armor on as one taking it off).  

You're right there are mysteries meant to uncover.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ was a Mystery Hidden for ages - a Mystery angels and prophets wanted to look into - now It's Revealed.  It's the Glory of God to Conceal Things but the glory of kings is to search Things out.  You would tour royally to search out this mystery.  

And still there are things not revealed that will always be mystery which the perverse and unbelieving use as an excuse to twist and invent straw-self-revelations they then gleefully reject and ego trip on in fake space.  

The door of the Substitutionary death and Resurrection of Christ (being The Truth) would open the door (He IS The DOOR) to uncovering many many mysteries (and that should truly interest you if you're not fooling yourself) - and enables accepting the unrevealed mysteries in real faith and real hope and strength and steadfastness that sees and illuminates and lives beyond death.   

No one has started a religion based on your wife's sweaters. No one is condemning gays or slamming planes into buildings over your wife's sweaters.

Not learning how to knit doesn't make knitting super natural or the product of magic.

Now like even some atheists here, you also falsely accuse me of hate and take that out of context.

Damned right I hate claims people utter that have no evidence for them. That is a seperate issue than human rights. You have the right to claim your wife's sweaters make ice cream without human help. You have the right to claim the New York Yankees won the Superbowl. That empathy on my part is not just for you, but because I also want the right to say what I want without fear of harm by others.

Still a separate subject, that when you quote a book, or make sound waves with your voice, or type a claim in social media, my concern is EVIDENCE.

I could give one crap less what you like believing and your personal rights as far as government protecting you no one is disputing. But the fact remains you have nothing but an old book of myth full of scientific absurdities and contraditicions written by people who could not have known what we know now. I find absolutely no value in clinging to old books of myth. We have survived fine with no longer buying claims of Apollo, or Isis or Thor. I think our species can move on without your god claims too.

We currently do not know scientifically what is beyond the background radiation of the big bang. But incerting claims from a bronze age book of myth full of talking donkeys and men magically popping out of dirt, will never constitute evidence outside people were ignorant enough to swallow that crap back then. It was understandable when humans didn't know better, but we know better now.

I do not hate you, I do hate any and all naked assertions anyone makes. I do hate the fact that my species has far too much of a tendency to cling to bad claims merely because they are afraid of our finite reality. That "hate" is not of my species, that "hate" is of our species bad use of logic.

So put the word "hate" in context when you use it.

"Mystery" does not mean the same thing to science as it does to a believer. Just like I hate it when believers twist "law" used by scientists as meaning "law giver". "Law" used in scientific language is NOT implying a factory owner or cosmic cop. "Law" is merely a discriptive term that when scientist see something over and over and over, they use "law" as a discription of observation that does not change.

You have a very utopian romatic view of the world and reality is not perfect or romantic even with the pretty and good in it. That is the problem with our species, we have far too much of a desire to hide behind our feelings than to accept reality the way it is. Religion is merely one symptom of fear of reality and protecting one's ego. But it is not just you and it is not just one religion. 

I am sure you love your wife as much as I love my own mother, but that has nothing to do with her knitting merely being knitting. You simply like that feeling of seeing her do that. I get the same feelings when my mom does things I like seeing her do.

Brian,

I was evidently quoting an unsure source (?) about you hating mystery - you.  

You might sense that if I am right having total confidence in Jesus, God, the Holy Spirit and the Scriptures  you are wrong - and maybe you hate being wrong (I don't know what you hate or who really) - that wouldn't be uncommon though.  

If you are right - I am wrong.  That possibility doesn't concern me at all Brian.  The thing for you to do is make sure you have airtight evidence for what you believe and trust and have confidence in - but consider that the former scientists whose conclusions you now disdain will soon be you by the next.

Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit and The Scriptures give me a flowing stream of evidence every moment every day.  I admit the evidence isn't scientific (which will be outmoded) - it's spiritual, eternal, unseen - yet seen by the eyes of faith, the fire of God which I aim to keep stoked, ashes removed and sword guarded.    

You don't want it, you don't need it, and/so you don't have it.  You've got what you want and I don't want what you've got, you can have it all.  I am showing you the respect of telling you the truth as I see it - not pulling punches because that wouldn't be a favor or the truth.  Accept it or reject it - and what you decide is what you decide.  The heart knows its own bitterness and no stranger shares its joy.    

Oh yea, I am well aware that you gullibly drank the Cool Aid. Just like when a kid insists Santa is real.

You want it, but you really don't need it, on top of having no evidence for it. 

Brian,

The conclusion that frank discussion with atheists brings me to is that the atheist' view of life has no substance, so cool aid may indeed be the atheists' breakfast, dinner and supper.  There's a "here today, gone tomorrow" mindset that is supported by faith in speculations that don't explain any of the fundamentals of life, death, why we are here, where we are going.  It's the cool aid dispenser.  

You have no justice in your thinking Brian.  A man kills his wife and kids and himself and you think there is no justice beyond death while drinking your cool aid.  That is your faith and your lie. That's your cool aid.  

The speculations you gather to try to support your ignorance of God and your faith in them don't explain the why or where of life, death or judgment nor do they give you hope.  

So you ridicule and attack the position of faith in God and Scripture and Jesus Who Gives Light to all these things and also offers Salvation from them through faith in Him, The Bread of Life, The Water of Life, The Rock of Refuge, The Lamb of God Who takes away the sins of the world.  There is Real Substance and a Continual Feast.  

I am sorry that you cannot wrap your brain arround facts, that is your baggage not mine. Our species was around long before humans concocted even writing, much less any holy book. Evolution is even older than our species. The planet is older than our species and 14 billion years ago no religion was around. In the future our planet's core will run out of energy and all life will go extinct. Our species will most likely become excinct long before that happens. Our sun too will have an end as well. The universe will continue with no record of our existence or care that we ever existed.

Now you stupidly think that atheists cannot enjoy the finite time we have? You think stupidly that we need your holy book or invisible sky hero which you have no evidence for, to live now and do good? Cant help you with that. But all you have given me and others here is years of naked assertions. 

Brian

You talk about wrapping up the brain with facts... but then you let go a big string of everything BUT facts...billion + years of speculation - furthermore said speculation having no application to future or substance for present.  You haven't said what you're 100% sure of (besides gravity which is not understood in the fine points) so I take it as your scientific faith - here today, outmoded and disproved tomorrow.       

But as you say - the hoppingly happy atheist is going on down the road with a billion hops just like the energizer bunny with no end in sight.      

You haven't touched the question about the supremely unjust atheist view - no wrap up after this life of the things you atheists bring up (that you would never let happen if you were God)  but they do happen while you think death is the jonny end of it all.  

Do you have a distraction to raise about that from your billion year hopeless baggage?  

PS (BTW stupidly speaking there seems to be a pregnancy happening on the billion year timeline of speculation along with sock sapient puppet pasting, water muddying and a bad hair day to boot)  

Um no, see you like the idea of me being wrong because it allows you to falsely think your comic book explinations allow you to play hero. If you can convince yourself falsely that I am evil, you can play hero. 

The reason you type your answers on a computer isnt because of a god, but because of science. Scientific method is why we know that the earth is not flat. It is why we have put humans on the moon. 

I see nothing evil about accepting that I am finite. It does not take away the time I have now while I am alive. I still find good and joy and empathy. You have been indotcrinated by old myths and convinced yourself falsely that good is a patent invended by a comic book sky hero. I cant stop you from swallowing that garbage. But the reality you don't want to face is that 4 billion years ago humans did not exist and god claims didn't exist. And when our planet dies and sun dies and all life dies on this planet, there will be no record of you or me our any fictional god claim concocted by humans.  That does not preclude me from valuing the finite time I have now. It does not preclude me from empathy. I simply don't swallow myths like you do. 

I am sorry reality is not sexy enough for you. That is your baggage, not mine. I live fine with out fictional gods. 

Brian,

I don't like the idea of you being wrong or even calling it right or rightly liking wrong wrongly.  And you don't understand the reality of not being your own hero and not even wanting to be when you have The Real Hero.  

Neither do you appear to understand the brain computer preceeded the laptop (the birds preceeded Wright Brothers and bats sonar).  And I haven't seen a laptop yet that can run on a hamburger and french fries.  

And you have no complaints about the injustice you see or the unknown precipice you are shuffling to (and proud of it) - because you treasure the lie you have immersed yourself in, taped together around you, "this old box" you are living in - the cardboard lie that there is no God, no Designer, no Life after Death, no Wrap-up of everything.  

You're ok with injustice and death and all questions because you have your computer to type on and maybe even a little game or something to entertain yourself in your atmospheric lie while you slide the slippery slope.  

BTW I value this present time - you're wrong about that too while you are swallowing the biggest myth that there is - ATHEISM  

Um no, the human brain nor any life for that matter was ever a product manufatured by a fictional super hero like a product in a factory. Life is a result of evolution, not fictional beings humans invent. 

Now, if you think you outlive your body, then take your computer, smash it up into tiny unusable parts, and then observe it and see if it can operate on it's own as if it was still fully in tact. Now you'd have me believe that if the brain dies you survive it's death. Ok, then you should be able (NOT RECOMENDING IT) to blow your own head off with a shotgun and still think as if your brain was in tact. Funny how no one ever wants to conduct that experiment. And as I said, I would not recomend they try.

Evolution is not the product of a being. Evolution is a non congantive process, just like a the conditions that lead to a hurricane are not the result of the ocean god Posiedon. Just like we dont use Thor to explain why lightening happens. 

DNA explains evolution, not a book of myth that has men magically popping out of dirt. All life is finite, just like like the planet and sun. No god or gods required to explain nature or the universe. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Unfortunately it appeared to have turned from an interesting discussion into a proselytization. Yet the ABBA fan continued to waltz with the Troll like a Dancing Queen.

And still, the Trolls' responses were so repetitive and formulaic that one could practically predict how It would respond... 

Quote:
Um no, the human brain nor any life for that matter was ever a product manufatured by a fictional super hero like a product in a factory. Life is a result of evolution, not fictional beings humans invent.
A computer with enough RAM might be able to deny it was manufactured, but that does not make it so.  god has given you enough free will to deny your creator and invent evolution as a replacement, but also does not make it so.  

Quote:
Now, if you think you outlive your body, then take your computer, smash it up into tiny unusable parts, and then observe it and see if it can operate on it's own as if it was still fully in tact. Now you'd have me believe that if the brain dies you survive it's death.
A computer runs on electricity, but we run on the Breath of Life, which god CPR'd into us.  Computer parts break down and electricity runs out, but our souls never break down if we accept god's warranty.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
But I'm out of my head when you're not around.

RE ::  But I'm out of my head when you're not around.

Not that you asked but Pharisaical legalism arouses righteous indignation, and gets my goat. Problem is most people who fall into this pitfall will NEVER recognize it themselves at any time in the entirety of their whole lives.

''It's another instance of the eternal conflict between good and evil.. the Promise and the Lie"

Re :: What’s in a New Name . . .  (none will except scapegoating, for certain rip-offs)

Omni-0ff-site  ::   Meticulously innovative insights into what I said earlier   . .    By losing   I win . . By winning  you lose

0ff-site --

1 Peter 3:6 NASB  ..just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear

Women of The Holy Bible

As learned from the Torah, words and names are not given haphazardly. We can find,  In most cases, very clear meaning and insight into something or someone based on the name, though not always. So it is not superfluous that biblical Sarah had, in fact, in her lifetime, she had three names. With her, It appears that each time Sarah changed her name, it was symbolic of a greater spiritual refinement in your life-cycle.

‘’Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. And she had an Egyptian maid servant whose name was Hagar.  So Sarai said to Abram, “See now, the Lord has restrained me from bearing children. Please, go in to my maid; perhaps I shall obtain children by her.” And Abram heeded the voice of Sarai. Then Sarai, Abram’s wife, took Hagar her maid, the Egyptian, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan.  So he went in to Hagar, and she conceived. And when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress became despised in her eyes.  Then Sarai said to Abram, “My wrong,  be upon you! I gave my maid into your embrace; and when she saw that she had conceived, I became despised in her eyes. The Lord will judge between  you and me.” So Abram said to Sarai, “Indeed your maid is in your hand; do to her as you please.” And when Sarai dealt harshly with her . . . hence the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day. So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,  and said, “My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant. Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree.  And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that  you may pass by,  inasmuch as you have come to your servant.” They said, “Do as you have said.”  So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah and said, “Quickly, make ready three measures of fine meal; knead it and make cakes.”   And Abraham ran to the herd, took a tender and good calf, gave it to a young man, and he hastened to prepare it.  So he took  ghee and sacred milk  and  the calf which he had prepared, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree as they ate. Then they said to him, “Where is Sarah your wife?” So he said, “Here, in the tent.” And He said, “I will certainly return to you according to the time of life, and behold, Sarah your wife shall have a son’’  (And Sarah was listening in the tent door which was behind him.) Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age; and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing.  Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, “After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?” And the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.” But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh,” fore she was afraid’’

Meticulously innovative insights into what I said earlier  . . By losing  I win . . By winning you lose

On-Site ::

p.s. -- Any Anime fans,  I never bothered to hook up my Tv.  From the Bleach characters,  Hey  Did  Ichigo-Kurosaki  get his soul-reaper powers back yet .. Kamadhenu?

View  My  Upload from  Bleach the animated series . . .

(Smile)

p.p.s. --    Communication within its' various forms is highly important to usher in light . . . 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
DON'T FALL APART TONIGHT OFF OR ON SITE

danatemporary wrote:

RE ::  But I'm out of my head when you're not around.

Not that you asked but Pharisaical legalism arouses righteous indignation, and gets my goat. Problem is most people who fall into this pitfall will NEVER recognize it themselves at any time in the entirety of their whole lives.

''It's another instance of the eternal conflict between good and evil.. the Promise and the Lie"

Re :: What’s in a New Name . . .  (none will except scapegoating, for certain rip-offs)

Omni-0ff-site  ::   Meticulously innovative insights into what I said earlier   . .    By losing   I win . . By winning  you lose

0ff-site --

1 Peter 3:6 NASB  ..just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear

Women of The Holy Bible

As learned from the Torah, words and names are not given haphazardly. We can find,  In most cases, very clear meaning and insight into something or someone based on the name, though not always. So it is not superfluous that biblical Sarah had, in fact, in her lifetime, she had three names. With her, It appears that each time Sarah changed her name, it was symbolic of a greater spiritual refinement in your life-cycle.

‘’Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. And she had an Egyptian maid servant whose name was Hagar.  So Sarai said to Abram, “See now, the Lord has restrained me from bearing children. Please, go in to my maid; perhaps I shall obtain children by her.” And Abram heeded the voice of Sarai. Then Sarai, Abram’s wife, took Hagar her maid, the Egyptian, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan.  So he went in to Hagar, and she conceived. And when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress became despised in her eyes.  Then Sarai said to Abram, “My wrong,  be upon you! I gave my maid into your embrace; and when she saw that she had conceived, I became despised in her eyes. The Lord will judge between  you and me.” So Abram said to Sarai, “Indeed your maid is in your hand; do to her as you please.” And when Sarai dealt harshly with her . . . hence the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day. So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,  and said, “My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant. Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree.  And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that  you may pass by,  inasmuch as you have come to your servant.” They said, “Do as you have said.”  So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah and said, “Quickly, make ready three measures of fine meal; knead it and make cakes.”   And Abraham ran to the herd, took a tender and good calf, gave it to a young man, and he hastened to prepare it.  So he took  ghee and sacred milk  and  the calf which he had prepared, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree as they ate. Then they said to him, “Where is Sarah your wife?” So he said, “Here, in the tent.” And He said, “I will certainly return to you according to the time of life, and behold, Sarah your wife shall have a son’’  (And Sarah was listening in the tent door which was behind him.) Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age; and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing.  Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, “After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?” And the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.” But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh,” fore she was afraid’’

Meticulously innovative insights into what I said earlier  . . By losing  I win . . By winning you lose

On-Site ::

p.s. -- Any Anime fans,  I never bothered to hook up my Tv.  From the Bleach characters,  Hey  Did  Ichigo-Kurosaki  get his soul-reaper powers back yet .. Kamadhenu?

View  My  Upload from  Bleach the animated series . . .

(Smile)

p.p.s. --    Communication within its' various forms is highly important to usher in light . . . 

i DON'T WANT YOU TO BE OUT OF YOUR HEAD  RE::::

I don't want you to be out of your head

THE ::::puzzle me in pastel form - the pasties the miners ate and the pastes you paste

THE PASTIES THE PASTIES THE PASTIES 

RE::: WHAT DOES IT MEAN AND WHY???  

what does it mean and why...

"oh wad some power the giftie gie us To see oursel's as others see us! It wad frae monie a blunder free us, And foolish notion"

not that you ask but things that get one's goat are ignored reflectively revealing things - seeing the goat like seeing the elephant in the room

REFLECTIVELY REVEALING

PERSONALLY IGNORED

GOAT GETTING

RE::: GOAT getting

OMNI OFF SITE::::  it's like I'm stuck inside a painting that's hanging in the Louvre My throat start to tickle and my nose itches but I know that I can't move

B  T  W   :::   off site   off site   off site   don't fall apart off site tonite 

don't fall apart off site tonite

OFF - site - who is Anime

who is Anime 

QUESTION: is she relevant

is she relevant   

RE:::relevance ....the relevance question....hmmmm?

smiling back::: not smiling?  yes but you were smiling while meticulously pasting - do you eat pasties - do you carry them in your back pocket like the miners

PPS - who said that?   what sock : left or right?  (smile) (simile) 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie Who was even talking to you ?!?

re:: Irresponsible much, OP ?

Lyrics from  the Heat

'Cause I need more time
Just a few more months and we'll be fine
So say what's on your mind
'Cause I cant figure out just what's inside

I hoped that you could understand
That this is not what I had planned
Please don't worry now
It will turn around

'Cause I need more time
Just a few more months and we'll be fine
So say whats on your mind
Cause I cant figure out just whats inside
So say alright
Cause I know we can make it if we try
Cause I need more time
Just a few more months and well be fine

Were off to new lands
So hold on to my hands
Its gonna be alright
Its a whole lot brighter
So stand by the fire
Its gonna be alright
Yeah, the road gets harder
But its not much farther
Its gonna be alright
You know that it aint easy
Please believe me
Its gonna be alright

Love and forgiveness is needed even in the small things. Let's not any one of us get ahead of ourselves.

http://xtupload.com/thumb.php?id=AD06_54F4F2F7 

To: This Thread   ATTN. 'TO' :: (0P) Fonzie

Irresponsible much ?

No snazzy come backs fore this (your tripe)  is left unread,  I'm afraid, at least with Trolls . .

Btw, Who was even talking to you, OP ?!? Dont have time to play right now, badge holder.  Amazing how we find with even well meaning Christians, how easily can, often times, be used by that ''Prince of Darkness'', apparently

Not addressing anyone on this site . . .

http://xtupload.com/thumb.php?id=FDFC_54F5F856

DanaTemporary wrote:
{danatemporary wrote:}

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to be heartbroken
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and A TIME TO SPEAK,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

0 f f  s i t e  --

Crossing 't's and dotting 'i's  Off Site ... (Wink) www.rationalresponders.com/forum/34414#comment-409691 http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/34414 Nu 3

" . . you cannot close your heart to things you don't want to feel"

p.s. --  Sorry must dash (smile)   Gospel According to Saint John Chapter  Six   So Jesus said to the twelve, "You do not want to go away also, do you?"

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
EVOLUTION'S UNJUST FAITH AND THE UNANSWERED QUESTION

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

magilum wrote:

One of the fundamental differences in our thinking appears to be your satisfaction, if not comfort, in there being mysteries. As though there were this kernel of something that would be destroyed by scrutiny. I think it's because if faith were to be articulated, we would find that at its heart it is ultimately an assertion which we can't satisfactorily justify. And when we frame it this way, as we frame almost everything else in our lives, it feels threatening to our happiness and well-being. Is this good or bad for us? I don't know. My way of thinking is that the more mysteries I unravel the more I can justify what I believe in, because I can explain things. What I'm left with is a much more robust philosophy that I don't have to guard under the auspices of "mystery."

I appreciate your reasonable statement.  There are mysteries in life for all of us.  I also am trying to unravel every mystery I can.  Here is why I am not concerned about living with the type of mystery I mentioned:  If a Man died for me I accept the fact that He loves me and is my friend.  If He does and says things that are a mystery to me I can live with that while I try to understand why.

I hate the word "mystery".  It is far too rooted in giving humans an excuse to give up in finding answers. If your desire is to protect your ego, your "mystery" is rooted in avoiding reality. Mysteries are not a virtue. The unknown is something to uncover, not hide behind to coddle our superstitions or case of the warm fuzzies.

Brian,

The baby sweaters my wife knits are a mystery to me - but I don't hate it.  I just marvel at it - and I'm not the least bit interested in unraveling the sweater or the mystery.  

Your hatred of the word "mystery" may instead just be a way to protect your fragile ego from the divine reality of things beyond you (they do exist) not allowing marvel.    

As far as my ego - for me to live is Christ, to die is gain...  (at least that is my focus moment by moment shared with Paul - but I haven't been stoned or beaten lately so it may just be untested talk.  I can't boast putting my armor on as one taking it off).  

You're right there are mysteries meant to uncover.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ was a Mystery Hidden for ages - a Mystery angels and prophets wanted to look into - now It's Revealed.  It's the Glory of God to Conceal Things but the glory of kings is to search Things out.  You would tour royally to search out this mystery.  

And still there are things not revealed that will always be mystery which the perverse and unbelieving use as an excuse to twist and invent straw-self-revelations they then gleefully reject and ego trip on in fake space.  

The door of the Substitutionary death and Resurrection of Christ (being The Truth) would open the door (He IS The DOOR) to uncovering many many mysteries (and that should truly interest you if you're not fooling yourself) - and enables accepting the unrevealed mysteries in real faith and real hope and strength and steadfastness that sees and illuminates and lives beyond death.   

No one has started a religion based on your wife's sweaters. No one is condemning gays or slamming planes into buildings over your wife's sweaters.

Not learning how to knit doesn't make knitting super natural or the product of magic.

Now like even some atheists here, you also falsely accuse me of hate and take that out of context.

Damned right I hate claims people utter that have no evidence for them. That is a seperate issue than human rights. You have the right to claim your wife's sweaters make ice cream without human help. You have the right to claim the New York Yankees won the Superbowl. That empathy on my part is not just for you, but because I also want the right to say what I want without fear of harm by others.

Still a separate subject, that when you quote a book, or make sound waves with your voice, or type a claim in social media, my concern is EVIDENCE.

I could give one crap less what you like believing and your personal rights as far as government protecting you no one is disputing. But the fact remains you have nothing but an old book of myth full of scientific absurdities and contraditicions written by people who could not have known what we know now. I find absolutely no value in clinging to old books of myth. We have survived fine with no longer buying claims of Apollo, or Isis or Thor. I think our species can move on without your god claims too.

We currently do not know scientifically what is beyond the background radiation of the big bang. But incerting claims from a bronze age book of myth full of talking donkeys and men magically popping out of dirt, will never constitute evidence outside people were ignorant enough to swallow that crap back then. It was understandable when humans didn't know better, but we know better now.

I do not hate you, I do hate any and all naked assertions anyone makes. I do hate the fact that my species has far too much of a tendency to cling to bad claims merely because they are afraid of our finite reality. That "hate" is not of my species, that "hate" is of our species bad use of logic.

"Mystery" does not mean the same thing to science as it does to a believer. Just like I hate it when believers twist "law" used by scientists as meaning "law giver". "Law" used in scientific language is NOT implying a factory owner or cosmic cop. "Law" is merely a discriptive term that when scientist see something over and over and over, they use "law" as a discription of observation that does not change.

You have a very utopian romatic view of the world and reality is not perfect or romantic even with the pretty and good in it. That is the problem with our species, we have far too much of a desire to hide behind our feelings than to accept reality the way it is. Religion is merely one symptom of fear of reality and protecting one's ego. But it is not just you and it is not just one religion. 

I am sure you love your wife as much as I love my own mother, but that has nothing to do with her knitting merely being knitting. You simply like that feeling of seeing her do that. I get the same feelings when my mom does things I like seeing her do.

Brian,

You might sense that if I am right having total confidence in Jesus, God, the Holy Spirit and the Scriptures  you are wrong - and maybe you hate being wrong (I don't know what you hate or who really) - that wouldn't be uncommon though.  

If you are right - I am wrong.  That possibility doesn't concern me at all Brian.  The thing for you to do is make sure you have airtight evidence for what you believe and trust and have confidence in - but consider that the former scientists whose conclusions you now disdain will soon be you by the next.

Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit and The Scriptures give me a flowing stream of evidence every moment every day.  I admit the evidence isn't scientific (which will be outmoded) - it's spiritual, eternal, unseen - yet seen by the eyes of faith, the fire of God which I aim to keep stoked, ashes removed and sword guarded.    

You don't want it, you don't need it, and/so you don't have it.  You've got what you want and I don't want what you've got, you can have it all.  I am showing you the respect of telling you the truth as I see it - not pulling punches because that wouldn't be a favor or the truth.  Accept it or reject it - and what you decide is what you decide.  The heart knows its own bitterness and no stranger shares its joy.    

Oh yea, I am well aware that you gullibly drank the Cool Aid. Just like when a kid insists Santa is real.

Brian,

The conclusion that frank discussion with atheists brings me to is that the atheist' view of life has no substance, so cool aid may indeed be the atheists' breakfast, dinner and supper.  There's a "here today, gone tomorrow" mindset that is supported by faith in speculations that don't explain any of the fundamentals of life, death, why we are here, where we are going.  It's the cool aid dispenser.  

You have no justice in your thinking Brian.  A man kills his wife and kids and himself and you think there is no justice beyond death while drinking your cool aid.  That is your faith and your lie. That's your cool aid.  

The speculations you gather to try to support your ignorance of God and your faith in them don't explain the why or where of life, death or judgment nor do they give you hope.  

So you ridicule and attack the position of faith in God and Scripture and Jesus Who Gives Light to all these things and also offers Salvation from them through faith in Him, The Bread of Life, The Water of Life, The Rock of Refuge, The Lamb of God Who takes away the sins of the world.  There is Real Substance and a Continual Feast.  

I am sorry that you cannot wrap your brain arround facts, that is your baggage not mine. Our species was around long before humans concocted even writing, much less any holy book. Evolution is even older than our species. The planet is older than our species and 14 billion years ago no religion was around. In the future our planet's core will run out of energy and all life will go extinct. Our species will most likely become excinct long before that happens. Our sun too will have an end as well. The universe will continue with no record of our existence or care that we ever existed.

Now you stupidly think that atheists cannot enjoy the finite time we have? You think stupidly that we need your holy book or invisible sky hero which you have no evidence for, to live now and do good? Cant help you with that. But all you have given me and others here is years of naked assertions. 

Brian

You talk about wrapping up the brain with facts... but then you let go a big string of everything BUT facts...billion + years of speculation - furthermore said speculation having no application to future or substance for present.  You haven't said what you're 100% sure of (besides gravity which is not understood in the fine points) so I take it as your scientific faith - here today, outmoded and disproved tomorrow.       

But as you say - the hoppingly happy atheist is going on down the road with a billion hops just like the energizer bunny with no end in sight.      

You haven't touched the question about the supremely unjust atheist view - no wrap up after this life of the things you atheists bring up (that you would never let happen if you were God)  but they do happen while you think death is the jonny end of it all.  

Do you have a distraction to raise about that from your billion year hopeless baggage?  

PS (BTW stupidly speaking there seems to be a pregnancy happening on the billion year timeline of speculation along with sock sapient puppet pasting, water muddying and a bad hair day to boot)  

Um no, see you like the idea of me being wrong because it allows you to falsely think your comic book explinations allow you to play hero. If you can convince yourself falsely that I am evil, you can play hero. 

The reason you type your answers on a computer isnt because of a god, but because of science. Scientific method is why we know that the earth is not flat. It is why we have put humans on the moon. 

I see nothing evil about accepting that I am finite. It does not take away the time I have now while I am alive. I still find good and joy and empathy. You have been indotcrinated by old myths and convinced yourself falsely that good is a patent invended by a comic book sky hero. I cant stop you from swallowing that garbage. But the reality you don't want to face is that 4 billion years ago humans did not exist and god claims didn't exist. And when our planet dies and sun dies and all life dies on this planet, there will be no record of you or me our any fictional god claim concocted by humans.  That does not preclude me from valuing the finite time I have now. It does not preclude me from empathy. I simply don't swallow myths like you do. 

I am sorry reality is not sexy enough for you. That is your baggage, not mine. I live fine with out fictional gods. 

Brian,

I don't like the idea of you being wrong or even calling it right or rightly liking wrong wrongly.  And you don't understand the reality of not being your own hero and not even wanting to be when you have The Real Hero.  

Neither do you appear to understand the brain computer preceeded the laptop (the birds preceeded Wright Brothers and bats sonar).  And I haven't seen a laptop yet that can run on a hamburger and french fries.  

And you have no complaints about the injustice you see or the unknown precipice you are shuffling to (and proud of it) - because you treasure the lie you have immersed yourself in, taped together around you, "this old box" you are living in - the cardboard lie that there is no God, no Designer, no Life after Death, no Wrap-up of everything.  

You're ok with injustice and death and all questions because you have your computer to type on and maybe even a little game or something to entertain yourself in your atmospheric lie while you slide the slippery slope.  

BTW I value this present time - you're wrong about that too while you are swallowing the biggest myth that there is - ATHEISM  

Now, if you think you outlive your body, then take your computer, smash it up into tiny unusable parts, and then observe it and see if it can operate on it's own as if it was still fully in tact. Now you'd have me believe that if the brain dies you survive it's death. Ok, then you should be able (NOT RECOMENDING IT) to blow your own head off with a shotgun and still think as if your brain was in tact. Funny how no one ever wants to conduct that experiment. And as I said, I would not recomend they try.

Evolution is not the product of a being. Evolution is a non congantive process, just like a the conditions that lead to a hurricane are not the result of the ocean god Posiedon. Just like we dont use Thor to explain why lightening happens. 

DNA explains evolution, not a book of myth that has men magically popping out of dirt. All life is finite, just like like the planet and sun. No god or gods required to explain nature or the universe. 

Brian,

Ok, we've read the funny paper.   Assuming you are right - what becomes of justice for people who commit atrocities then suicide?  Do you believe there is no justice to come?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Attention to Off site ::

Attention to Off site ::

newly   submitted by danatemporary on March 5th,  I believe

Not to ANYONE  on this site  . . .      Not to ANYONE  on this site  . . .

Omni- Off -site ::

Hey  gal  friend   are you, for one, appreciating me more and more these days ?  Always wishing to stop in more often . . .  Talk Talk ?  Dont be like the OP, whose confusion is highly made aware by all in the habit of wrong name-calling

Blast from the past, anyone from the church on the way remember the complete and utter misunderstanding of what this actually means ?

Remember there were "three" Fates . . .         Remember there were "three" Fates . . .

Hey! Miss . .  over there, Miss Bright eyes,  There is a "friend" who I will always love you . .  and that I will love you is all that needs to be said, . . my dear !

Hey over there, Miss Bright eyes,  There is a "friend" who I will always love you . .  and that I will love you is all that needs to be said, . . my dear !  It shouldn't be a secret,   after reviewing what you have here.

. .  Ever had a cut, but you never saw the blade ?!

Right now I have about less than fifteen / twenty minutes before I have to swing over to the bank's A T M, before I forget to take some money out.  As you'll noticed with all the confusion, even those who regularly profess a  strong and genuine Christian commitment, will more often than sometimes, have a blind spot when it comes to how EACH treats others with whom they may differ (even to a ridiculous level).

For what is our hope or joy or crown . . Is it not you?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Brian37

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

magilum wrote:

Brian,

Brian,

Brian,

Brian

Brian,

Brian,

Ok, we've read the funny paper.   Assuming you are right - what becomes of justice for people who commit atrocities then suicide?  Do you believe there is no justice to come?

Your idea of "justice" is out of a comic book.  Our evolutionary sense of compassion is why we don't like being harmed and is also why we have empathy to the point of not harming others. But in evolution there is a dark side to it where we also can be cruel. Evolution itself is a process and unfortanately both cruelty and compassion work.  The way you treat life the word "justice" is an act of revenge, not a corrective act or an act of containment. Your idea of "justice" is no different than superman vs Lex Luther. My "justice" is rooted in nature based on empathy not comic books.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Unfortunately it appeared to have turned from an interesting discussion into a proselytization. Yet the ABBA fan continued to waltz with the Troll like a Dancing Queen. And still, the Trolls' responses were so repetitive and formulaic that one could practically predict how It would respond...

Quote:
Your idea of "justice" is out of a comic book. Our evolutionary sense of compassion is why we don't like being harmed and is also why we have empathy to the point of not harming others. But in evolution there is a dark side to it where we also can be cruel.
Evolution is Star Wars for grown-ups, who believe we evolved from Wookies.  god is the Force with no Dark Side, and that's no jedi mind trick.

Quote:
Evolution itself is a process and unfortanately both cruelty and compassion work.
Compassion comes only from god, and cruelty from satan.  In god's book, cruelty does not work.

Quote:
The way you treat life the word "justice" is an act of revenge, not a corrective act or an act of containment. Your idea of "justice" is no different than superman vs Lex Luther. My "justice" is rooted in nature based on empathy not comic books.
god's compassion is like kryptonite to sin.  Maybe you need to evolve into a Vulcan before you can logically understand that.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
FAR OUT EVOLUTION DUDE

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

magilum wrote:

Brian,

Brian,

Brian,

Brian

Brian,

Brian,

Your idea of "justice" is out of a comic book.  Our evolutionary sense of compassion is why we don't like being harmed and is also why we have empathy to the point of not harming others. But in evolution there is a dark side to it where we also can be cruel. Evolution itself is a process and unfortanately both cruelty and compassion work.  The way you treat life the word "justice" is an act of revenge, not a corrective act or an act of containment. Your idea of "justice" is no different than superman vs Lex Luther. My "justice" is rooted in nature based on empathy not comic books.

Brian,

So you're saying that atheists apply evolution to life by 'not liking to be harmed and having empathy so as to not harm others - but you naturally could harm or be harmed or be cruel - whatever evolves light or dark?  That works for you huh?  

So you get up every day, or wake up in the middle of the dark night and remember....

'Hey, I sense I've evolved compassionately from a "boom baboon" to this point and so I like life and everybody and don't like to be hurt or like want to hurt, but I like COULD justly hurt or like be justly hurt or killed unfortunately in the natural evolving process of meaningful survival.'

And that is serious stuff to you - and you claim that motivates and propels you and your brother and sister atheists in your "no faith - faith" and holds you together and gives you harmony and reason and perspective and  access online with your computer to share these great tenants of faith and life?  

And it all comes from and goes nowhere...

That's beyond comic book.  

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie demonstrates his ignorance yet again...

Fonzie,

I gave up on this thread ages ago, but I thought it was time to interject some comments:

Atheists do not 'apply evolution' to anything, they see how evolution can help to explain what is observed. Compassion and empathy are major factors in explaining how social species, ie species which live and breed in large, co-operative groups, develop mutual positive feelings and behaviours toward other members of tha group. Helping each other overcome problems can assist the survival of members of the group, so the group will tend to evolve in directions which encourage such behaviour. Whatever new species evolves will be something has which has increased viability in the current environment. 

Any individual mutation could indeed be 'light or dark', good or bad, but only the positive ones, the good ones, the 'light' will have any tendency to persist through successive generations. Do you still not understand that simple fact of how evolution works??  It is NOT something which can be readily observed by the individuals involved in any given incident, it only emerges over successive generations because some characteristic has a significantly greater probability of enhancing group survival, not necessarily indivual survival, than whatever alternatives are around. IOW it has to be more likely than not to help things along, even if it doesn't always work out. Of course a single mutation which has seriously harmful effects on the individual will most likely cause that individual to be removed from the line of inheritance immediately.

It is not the raw mechanics of the process of evolution that 'motivates' us, it is our understanding of the demonstrated cumulative effects of that process..

Do you 'get it' yet??

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Proving the evolution It did not believe in, the Troll would mutate in reaction to any new argument, though it responses were so repetitive and formulaic that one could practically predict how It would respond...

Quote:
I gave up on this thread ages ago, but I thought it was time to interject some comments:
god has never given up on you, and will interject salvation the moment you ask.

Quote:
Atheists do not 'apply evolution' to anything, they see how evolution can help to explain what is observed.
Atheist evolutionists like Hitler and Stalin certainly applied it well.

Quote:
Compassion and empathy are major factors in explaining how social species, ie species which live and breed in large, co-operative groups, develop mutual positive feelings and behaviours toward other members of tha group. Helping each other overcome problems can assist the survival of members of the group, so the group will tend to evolve in directions which encourage such behaviour. Whatever evolves will be something which increases the viability of the species.
The viability of the species means nothing if our souls perish in the process.  Only through god's compassion can our souls remain viable. 

Quote:
Do you still not understand that simple fact of how evolution works??  A specific mutation which MAY ultimately be part of a significant speciating event cannot be recognized except in retrospect, IOW it is NOT something which can be readily observed by the individuals involved in any given incident, it only emerges over successive generations because some characteristic has a significantly greater probability of enhancing group survival, not necessarily indivual survival, than whatever alternatives are around.
You demand observable evidence for god, but make excuses for why we can't observe evolution.  That's evolutionary hypocrisy.

Quote:
Do you 'get it' yet??
No.  I already "get" god, so I can never "get" evolution.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
PLACEBO APS

BobSpence wrote:

Fonzie,

Atheists do not 'apply evolution' to anything, they see how evolution can help to explain what is observed. Compassion and empathy are major factors in explaining how social species, ie species which live and breed in large, co-operative groups, develop mutual positive feelings and behaviours toward other members of tha group. Helping each other overcome problems can assist the survival of members of the group, so the group will tend to evolve in directions which encourage such behaviour. Whatever new species evolves will be something has which has increased viability in the current environment. 

Any individual mutation could indeed be 'light or dark', good or bad, but only the positive ones, the good ones, the 'light' will have any tendency to persist through successive generations. Do you still not understand that simple fact of how evolution works??  It is NOT something which can be readily observed by the individuals involved in any given incident, it only emerges over successive generations because some characteristic has a significantly greater probability of enhancing group survival, not necessarily indivual survival, than whatever alternatives are around. IOW it has to be more likely than not to help things along, even if it doesn't always work out. Of course a single mutation which has seriously harmful effects on the individual will most likely cause that individual to be removed from the line of inheritance immediately.

It is not the raw mechanics of the process of evolution that 'motivates' us, it is our understanding of the demonstrated cumulative effects of that process..

Do you 'get it' yet??

Bob,

Sort of.  It's not about "getting" but "forgetting".  It's an "ap" for your operating system - which is: osx-beyourowngod.  Another "ap" that doesn't apply to life is atheism.  It is the "font of ignoring bliss" to the oblivious.  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Remember when 'Witches' were burnt at the Stake ?!?

>  Remember when 'Witches' were burnt at the Stake ?!?

"Two"  Images  not for the eyes of the  OP  --

>>   Time is alright, though hid it in, and in itself . .

p.s.  -- "With all your power, you cannot know yourself, what it is you do"  "With all your power, you cannot know yourself  . . what it is you do"

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Ok, Fonzie,  so obviously

Ok, Fonzie,  so obviously you DON'T 'get it'

My 'Operating system' simply doesn't include a 'god', even in some metaphorical or symbolic sense, although since 'god' is a very poorly defined concept, or at least has many different interpretations, I'm sure you can find a version of 'god' which you can fit into what think or assume is my belief system.

The other major point you don't 'get' is that 'Atheism' is not a system in any way that makes sense, it simply means that I don't have a belief in a god of any kind, which in my case means I do not regard the idea of a god as a valid, useful or meaningful idea.

My life position is based on continually trying to broaden and deepen my knowledge and understand of 'life, the Universe, and everything' , in the immortal words of author Douglas Adams ( &nbspEye-wink, by following the latest writings and audio and video commentary on science, the state of society around the world, including the range of beliefs and attitudes held by people.

WTF do you mean by "font of ignoring bliss"?? Sure, if you just go with a belief system which maximizes your feeling of 'bliss', but that sounds like just another way of describing a process of closing your eyes and ears to all the things you find unpleasant and/or difficult to reconcile with your basic assumptions about Life, and go with ideas that seem to promise a paradise to come, including 'justifying' your position by the ultimately empty concept of 'faith', ie, an active denial of the need for any kind of objective evidence.

I'm sorry, I have far too strong a commitment to Truth to buy into that whole world of delusion.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Troll's responses were so repetitive and formulaic that one could practically predict how It would respond.

Quote:
My 'Operating system' simply doesn't include a 'god', even in some metaphorical or symbolic sense,
You have chosen open source rather than downloading the Free License which god offers, so your operating system lacks a kernel of Truth.

Quote:
although since 'god' is a very poorly defined concept,
 If you think god is poorly defined, you are using the wrong dictionary.  You should look up the definition of god in scripture, which is unabridged.

Quote:
My life position is based on continually trying to broaden and deepen my knowledge and understand of 'life, the Universe, and everything' , in the immortal words of author Douglas Adams ( &nbspEye-wink, by following the latest writings and audio and video commentary on science, the state of society around the world, including the range of beliefs and attitudes held by people.
You can hitchike through the galaxy, or reserve a seat on the Sweet Chariots when they swing low.  You have only god to thank for all the fish (as jesus instructed the sons of Zebedee to cast their net), but there is no restaurant for atheists at the end of the universe.  There is only the Feast of Eternity for those who believe, because jesus gave up his flesh and blood at the Last Supper. 

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHAT TRUTHS HAS COMMITMENT TO SPECULATION ASSURED YOU OF???

BobSpence wrote:

My 'Operating system' simply doesn't include a 'god', even in some metaphorical or symbolic sense, although since 'god' is a very poorly defined concept, or at least has many different interpretations, I'm sure you can find a version of 'god' which you can fit into what think or assume is my belief system.

The other major point you don't 'get' is that 'Atheism' is not a system in any way that makes sense, it simply means that I don't have a belief in a god of any kind, which in my case means I do not regard the idea of a god as a valid, useful or meaningful idea.

My life position is based on continually trying to broaden and deepen my knowledge and understand of 'life, the Universe, and everything' , in the immortal words of author Douglas Adams ( &nbspEye-wink, by following the latest writings and audio and video commentary on science, the state of society around the world, including the range of beliefs and attitudes held by people.

WTF do you mean by "font of ignoring bliss"?? Sure, if you just go with a belief system which maximizes your feeling of 'bliss', but that sounds like just another way of describing a process of closing your eyes and ears to all the things you find unpleasant and/or difficult to reconcile with your basic assumptions about Life, and go with ideas that seem to promise a paradise to come, including 'justifying' your position by the ultimately empty concept of 'faith', ie, an active denial of the need for any kind of objective evidence.

I'm sorry, I have far too strong a commitment to Truth to buy into that whole world of delusion.

Bob,

Well I guess I don't get it - your world.  We've gone down different roads and we're in different places - yours defies identity with mine.  

Please share some of the "truths" that your 'commitment to' it has produced - IOW what are you totally sure of (dogma) (other than being convinced  that I would find a definition of god that your answer of ......("my system", "I'm sure", "my belief system", "I don't have a belief in a god of any kind", "my life position", "my knowledge and my understand of life the universe and everything", "I have far too strong a commitment to trutH)......would fit into?  I could do what I'm asking you to do (truths I am absolutely sure of) that you have rejected as my way to "maximize feelings of bliss and a promised paradise to come".  Have you even come up with anything you are totally sure of (with no doubts) or are you living in doubt instead of truth?  

And when did you first become sure that there is no God?  I'm guessing within the last 75 years; if so within another 50 you'll know up or down for sure on that one.     

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, Guess it's more open to interpretation than for most

Well, Guess it's more open to interpretation than for most, apparently ::

Clue --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3gVLHKRFTU {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3gVLHKRFTU}

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
>   ''Other Second element . . (♂) . . ''

''Other Second element within a Theme, ( though should be ♂ ) " ..

TO "You"Addressed to off board  and/or   0 m n i -  0 F F -  S i t e  ::

Omni - "OFF-SITE"

RE ::  ''Other Second element, heading of 'Theme' ''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOKqrqm5EeA  {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOKqrqm5EeA}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr3q4vhzr58 {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr3q4vhzr58}

-----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlejPR9T1aU {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlejPR9T1aU}

''Evil and wrong and Satanic and Demonic . .''   Hold up, now.  Wait a second, whatever happened to repentance ?!?   I ask you ??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theme  and  Theme related . .

Reminder to this Thread's  OP --

According to the First Epistle of Peter, Ch. II ::

''For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men— as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice and a lack of moral restraint, but .. Honor all people.  Love the brethren''

''The example that was left .. "who,  when he was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him, the righteous judge, who judges righteously''

. . .

Off-site ::

Hey!! You'd think you'd ask a person  if you didnt understand  a post or did-not understand any outrageous and less than Rated "G" image choice(s) posted ?!?

Edit --  Added  Image(s) ::

No  Subject --

(No Subject)

( source  a Quote from the book ''Disciplines of the Christian Life'')

We cannot hurt a magical creature that brings us happiness!!    Besides  . . 'EVIL' will be punished eventually (Prov. 11:21)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Labeled  to ::   On-Site      On-Site

Prov XIII:XII  -  Hope deferred makes the heart sick,  But  desire fulfilled is a tree of life.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE ABSW SOCK PUPPET CLOTHESLINE

BobSpence wrote:

Well Bob,  

I guess the question of what things your "commitment to truth" has enabled you to be totally sure of - has stumped you (SEE ANSWER): > (                                       ).  

So if it's not working why would you stick with it?    

Just a - sure as gravity taxes and death help tip - it's evident that one thing you COULD be sure of is the continuing distraction of the "cover funnypaper" and the "meaningless rhyme" postings that will follow -  rather than anything that resembles substance here from the staff and their sock puppets - on the "anything but substance website".  

THE ABSW CAN MAKE NOTHING OUT OF ANYTHING

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

1 The Troll thought haughtily it hath conquered the Iron Chariots of Reason,

2 Too blinded by Its own Lithium to consider

3 That mayhaps Its foes hath grown weary with Its, 

4 Knowing it woulstd simply ignore anything of substance,

5 And spew more fluff, as It hath done all these many years.

6 And marinating in Its own Hypocrisy,

7 Lo, It spoke of "anything but substance" and "sock puppets"

8 When It hath been exiled these many years,

9 For offering no substance of its own

10 And hath then returned under false guise,

11 Hiding Its trollish lies and shame beneath Its very own Sock.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
RHYME AND FORGET SUBSTANCE PLEA

zarathustra wrote:

1 The Troll thought haughtily it hath conquered the Iron Chariots of Reason,

2 Too blinded by Its own Lithium to consider

3 That mayhaps Its foes hath grown weary with Its, 

4 Knowing it woulstd simply ignore anything of substance,

5 And spew more fluff, as It hath done all these many years.

6 And marinating in Its own Hypocrisy,

7 Lo, It spoke of "anything but substance" and "sock puppets"

8 When It hath been exiled these many years,

9 For offering no substance of its own

10 And hath then returned under false guise,

11 Hiding Its trollish lies and shame beneath Its very own Sock.

Zara,

Chariots of reason?  Bob has raised the flag of his great commitment to truth - is it unreasonable to ask what truths this commitment has produced?  

It's accurate to say that though the atheists have rejected the Substance of God in Christ - the atheist has yet to produce any substance.

You produce little ditties that rhyme sort of - but, if it rhymes does that make for truth or substance?  Wearily...no  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Live and let die ?!?

Re ::  Live and let die ?!?  ((Live and let die ?!?))

Clueless wrote:
Fonzie wrote .. ''You choose your god and I'll choose mine''

Ezekiel 28:9-17 ((Ezekiel 28:9-17)) -- NASB ::

‘Will you still say, “I am a god,”
In the presence of your slayer,
Though you are a man and not God,
In the hands of those who wound you?
10 ‘You will die the death of the uncircumcised
By the hand of strangers, For I have spoken!’ declares the Lord God!”’”
11 Again the word of the Lord came to me saying,
12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre and say to him,
‘Thus says the Lord God,
“You had the seal of perfection,

Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 “You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The ruby, the topaz and the diamond;
The beryl, the onyx and the jasper;
The lapis lazuli, the turquoise and the emerald;
And the gold, the workmanship of your  
settings and sockets,
Was in you.
On the day that you were created
They were prepared.
14 “You were the anointed cherub who 
covers,
And I placed you there.
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 “You were blameless in your ways
From the day you were created
Until unrighteousness was found in you.
16 “By the abundance of your trade
And you sinned;
Therefore I have cast you as profane
From the mountain of God.
And I have destroyed you, O 
covering cherub,
From the midst of the stones of fire.
17 “Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor
I cast you to the ground;
I put you before kings,
That they may see you''

The Following is not meant for the eyes of anyone ON-Site :: 

Theme related --  Unrelated to this discussion  . . .

Pauline Epistle to the Church in Rome Ch. XIII -- '' . . there is no authority except that which God has established,.''  "Having her period"  ((Ravenous Bakasura of Ignorance))

"Having her period"

iwbiek wrote:
still, it is very possible for a girl to enter puberty by nine. obviously, she wouldn't be fully developed, but could be ^menstruating and . . . 

That stranglely reminds of a cute but also highly disturbing anecdotal tale  I once heard about a harrowing experience a woman's young daughter in the early on-stages of puberty .. who was  having her first period. She, reportedly, had just fully completed grade 6, and was just then starting Middle school (in the states). Apparently mom dropped the ball and didn't do a very thorough or in-depth job of talking about the changes her body would be going through. Supposedly, It happened during school hours, I know. She started ^menstrual bleeding, on the premises, right in the middle of class. And she "thought she was dying", I heard. She was rushed to the school nurse, who was on vaccation at the time. So, One of the older teachers got her all cleaned up, promptly took her to a local WalGreens to Feminine care isle, to buy maxi pads. Showed her how to use them and reassured her that everything was OK and that she was not dying, (mild chuckle).

Written By: Nikki Bedekar               Follow Link ::  http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/femalehealth/periods/early.html 

The strange benefits of a misspent youth . . Hey,Check_out_this_cool_blast_from_the past:

**Brigadoon, a mysterious Scottish village that appears for only one day every hundred years

The strange benefits of a misspent youth . .

Pic from   101 Dalmatians: the animated series   Episode take-off on  **Brigadoon

Dialogue I actually remember from memory . .  "Don't you  love  this place''

- --  -- -  

Off -  site :: "Ahem" --  ::

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ATTACKING THE UNKNOWN WITH UNCERTAINTY

First we have the metronome of meaningless rhyme then the 100% pregnant funnypaper - the tools of distraction

But we don't have any "truths" that the atheist is totally convinced of - (even with a "commitment to truth" nothing has been loaded in the imaginary chariot)  

The atheist prates he/she has no faith - consequently no certainty about anything.  It's a bragging of doubts - looking ahead doubts and looking back doubts.

Because...realizing honestly man can say in himself nor anything can do for certain - man alone, the atheist alone, pursuing being alone is what he is left with:  himself and uncertainty.  

Speculation he has, but it too is unsure and only speculation.  He dreams and  tries to build faith in himself but realizes in dissipation honestly he has nothing certain to build on   

He attacks that which he does not understand nor perceive to want - faith in God, faith in Christ, the Door to Certainty:  Know God, Know Christ, Know the Master's Voice, Know Life 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Trolls . . . Avoid such people.

(( All story characters, much like individual people, have their own unique biographies, character traits and idiosyncrasies ))

(( All story characters, much like individual people, have their own unique biographies, character traits and idiosyncrasies ))

>> Trolls  . . .  Avoid such people !!

Gal VI:III  --  ''For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself''

This is not addressed to the soulless OP, but he is, for to all intents and purposes, characterized by below-average intelligence or he may have realized that. Even though it is clearly marked !!

This is not addressed to the soulless OP, but he is, for to all intents and purposes, characterized by below-average intelligence or he may have realized that. Even though it is CLEARLY MARKED !!!

Here in this worn and weary land
   Where many a dream has died
   Like a tree planted by the water
   Then we NEVER will run dry

http://tinypic.com/m/i79cwm/3

Re ::The grapes  must have been sour :

Interesting Editorial  . .   "It's all been done (before) . . "

Written By :: Micah Murray (Author and budding musician)

http://tinypic.com/m/i79cwm/3

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Btw, Still waiting to make yourself useful Trollmeister

"Realizing this to be an illusory display of the external energy, although greatly astonished, they entered controversy so as to rejoin their husband in His eternal abode"

> Btw,  Still waiting to make yourself useful . . Trollmeister

On a personal note, with you OP, with all this time wasting . . I demand a refund . . badge-earning ''cybermissionary''  On a personal note, with you OP, with all this time wasting . . I demand a refund . . badge-earning ''cybermissionary''.

At what point is this not sincere (again check the thread for yourself, it's on this site), care to point it out for all the lurkers (and myself)  ?

danatemporary wrote:

(?) ''We were talking in the other Thread about 'where Satan lives' (e.g. the S-E-A-T and/or Throne OF SATAN), you are familar to the reference.  In the New Testament's last Apocalyptic text you find it referrenced (this real-life location) .. Look, People, I mean 'me', were having difficulty to/in the identifying who sat on this. Historical and archaelogical information suggested a Greek god (a large Alter in the city of the time) who sat on this Throne. Which surely will cause all sorts of confusion to the arm-chair bible scholars out there.  I dont always trust internet sources on religious matters. Too much plain wrong information. :¬ Seriously, . . Alter of Zeus is now in the Pergamon Museum in Berlin, but the base of the alter remains on the Upper part of the Acropolis. The Lower city includes the Gymnasium, the Temple of Demeter, the Sanctuary of Hera, the House of Attalus, the Agora and the Gate of Eumenes. Terraced at least in more than one platform, maybe three. Zeus's sit on top of the memorial . . . ''

Btw, No pride in a bad badge drive it from your mind (honest)!''

II Cor 2:11 -
  ..That no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not to be ignorant of his schemes.

(This bible verse  implies  knowing  something  about ''the Devil''  and do inquires stop due to 19th Century preacher's teaching don't trump Saint Paul, the Apostle , last time I checked).

You dont know me, so whatever you are presuming .. it is more than likely completely wrong about me!! That doesnt give you the right to insult my fanny (or my personal person) especially w/ something that came about so Serendipitously!!  Boy, Are you about the most inappropriate person to be talking with Bob (lol),. Ye know not what manner of spirit you are of (Lk IX:55) .. Remember, What made David's boy King Solomon and **Sir Isaac Newton so intelligent and even geniuses ?!?? In each case if you read a bit closer, 'inquiry'.  Literally, The beginning of wisdom is this: Get Wisdom. Through it cost you all you get insight and understanding. Someone of your advanced age having allegedly become a professing christian decades  back and you  do not  understand biblical imagery or what Leviathan even ever was ?!?  Can you have any idea  how ashamed you should be over this?!??  I know what you are directly implying.  I take it as a pure insult to me (I cannot take it any other). Straighten up and fly right you have two people saying you're being down right insulting (how ever you think of yourself) Your broken 'bible stand up' wont help you on this!! I think one insult per week on a site is more than enough (unless you want to conduct a flame war)? So, you'd best rectify this matter immediately babe in Christ (NOW!!) Trolls know no shame!!

**  Apparently for many, the revelation that Sir Isaac Newton was a passionate ''believer'', may have come as a bit of a shock, where he even took biblical prophecy seriously came as something of a further shock. It seems that both the media and the general public have a notion of Newton as a "rational" scientist, so as to find it difficult to absorb "the knowledge that Newton was practising both alchemy and prophetic exegesis—studies", where,  ''many see as antithetical to the enterprise of science" But, This is pig ignorance of the man and type of man he really was.  His life long pursuit of knowing; and in every sphere THAT  inquiry, however strange to some, is literally a way of understanding / exploring the nature of the Truth.  His theory of gravity,  remained accurate enough to fly spacecraft to the moon, this we know! The Lunar Laser Ranging ''Experiment'' from the Apollo 8 and / or 11 mission, Christmas, of all the times, way back in 1968. Where I believe IF I remember right, they were successful in placing a lunar laser ranging reflector on our heavenly satellite, from where we find, though his was a now outmoded Newtonian mechanics and calucations, they were still varying/variance within approx. 10 feet between the Earth-Moon distance, purely making a similar calculation that Newton would have made himselfThe Moon is constantly accelerating towards the Earth, so the distance to date is obviously variable.

Daniel 8 New King James Version (NKJV)

10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. 12 Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered. 13 Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to that certain one who was speaking, “How long will the vision be, concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?”  ETC.

He-Goat (Dan. VIII) --

PARALLEL ESCHATOLOGY & EPOCH

PARALLEL ESCHATOLOGY & EPOCH

"Realizing this to be an illusory display of the external energy, although greatly astonished, they entered controversy so as to rejoin their husband in His eternal abode"

An overlooked message is found in the Kalki Purana (1.22-24).

"All these relatives [agents] of, the personification of the age of Kali, are the destroyers of sacrifice [religious ritual], study of the Vedas, and charity because they transgressed all the Vedic principles of religion. They are the reservoirs of mental distress, disease, old age, destruction of religious principles, sorrow, lamentation, and fear. These descendants of Kali are found wandering everywhere throughout the kingdom of Kali, destroying the people of the world. Such people are misguided by the influence of time, very restless by nature, full of lusty desires, extremely sinful, very proud, and violent even to their own father and mother. [Even] those who are known as twice-born are devoid of all good behavior, without any observance of proper etiquette, and always engaged in the service of the lowest classes."

Important to note, It is interesting to find Newton was working out important questions dealing directly with eschatological 'timings', such as the days that did not commence before the rise of the little horn of the He Goat (Dan. VIII). If you please, You'd have to go a bit deeper into these matters than any "Troll" is even capable of, by virtue of  . . disposition,  laziness,  and  frankly intimidation.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
NO ANSWERS NO CERTAINTY NO PROOF NO EVIDENCE - NO FAITH IN GOD

Fonzie wrote:

First we have the metronome of meaningless rhyme then the 100% pregnant funnypaper - the tools of distraction

But we don't have any "truths" that the atheist is totally convinced of - (even with a "commitment to truth" nothing has been loaded in the imaginary chariot)  

The atheist prates he/she has no faith - consequently no certainty about anything.  It's a bragging of doubts - looking ahead doubts and looking back doubts.

Because...realizing honestly man can say in himself nor anything can do for certain - man alone, the atheist alone, pursuing being alone is what he is left with:  himself and uncertainty.  

Speculation he has, but it too is unsure and only speculation.  He dreams and  tries to build faith in himself but realizes in dissipation honestly he has nothing certain to build on   

He attacks that which he does not understand nor perceive to want - faith in God, faith in Christ, the Door to Certainty:  Know God, Know Christ, Know the Master's Voice, Know Life 

RRSQ community,

I'm replying to myself here because there has been nothing posted that makes any sense.  The proposition that a dedication to facts and evidence has produced a certain path for life is a lie.  There's an effort to hide this with spam-wallpaper, but the fact remains:  the only way to certainty in life is knowing God and faith in God.  As it is written:  "he who through faith is Righteous shall live".  

It is an admission of defeat on the atheists' part.  They have nothing they are sure of.  It's all smoke and mirrors and posting pastings by the sock-puppet of RRSQ disco.  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Spam-wallpaper .. you (0P) think anybody has to take this . . ?

you (0P) think anybody has to take this . . ?

Spam-wallpaper --  Ha! Eschatology is not as imitating as it looks, perfect heart !

Oh, Honey . .  shortcuts by the enemy, by the council of Elders (See:: Uploads)! 

What's it like  See Upload -- 

(Try re-reading and then read the custom Slogan or msgs of the T-Shirt , like a type of oxymoron . . unfaithful kept)

Revelation 16:13b ''. . they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast ..''

What is your damage, this only illuminates the tensions between ones with decent status, and people who are clueless. (?) What of wasting every favorable opportunity ( 意味 ) . . . ? 

Spam-wallpaper --

Would any lurkers like to take or prefer these/this, if you're searching for something a bit more educational ???

The Sun will come out, in the World of Tomorrow !

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Sort of an Important 'Key' Post''

"Sort of an Important 'Key' Post''

SubSection B

(No Subject)

(No Subject)

And Yes,  I do not know what you are talking about, Lol !! As accused before them all, saying, "I do not know what you are talking about (End Quote)''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuBlGgNjmzw {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuBlGgNjmzw}

p.s. --  Extra Song . .  Haunting in its' tomorrow and yesterdays . . .

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

RRSQ community,

I'm replying to myself here because there has been nothing posted that makes any sense.  The proposition that a dedication to facts and evidence has produced a certain path for life is a lie.  There's an effort to hide this with spam-wallpaper, but the fact remains:  the only way to certainty in life is knowing God and faith in God.  As it is written:  "he who through faith is Righteous shall live".  

It is an admission of defeat on the atheists' part.  They have nothing they are sure of.  It's all smoke and mirrors and posting pastings by the sock-puppet of RRSQ disco.  

The theist is truly a strange creature. This one in particular. See how he has been reduced to talking to himself? It is because on some level he is aware that his position has been completely eviscerated, and he must attempt to keep hold of his delusions by talking to the only person here who can support that effort: himself.
Sadly there is little hope that he will ever step out of the darkness and into the light of reason. He is terrified of the possibility he may be wrong, so every time he starts to see a glimmer of the truth he covers his eyes with the lies of the bible.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT OR LIGHT

Vastet wrote:
Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

RRSQ community,

The theist is truly a strange creature. This one in particular. See how he has been reduced to talking to himself? It is because on some level he is aware that his position has been completely eviscerated, and he must attempt to keep hold of his delusions by talking to the only person here who can support that effort: himself. Sadly there is little hope that he will ever step out of the darkness and into the light of reason. He is terrified of the possibility he may be wrong, so every time he starts to see a glimmer of the truth he covers his eyes with the lies of the bible.

Vastet,

Strangers to each other we are indeed.   You're right - I do talk to myself and confront myself - hopefully honestly.  

I'm not aware of any qualms such as you mention.  I have known darkness and delusion - light and reality is much better.  If you have the light of reason - I am interested; however, if you and the rest of the forum continue to blank out the answer of what you have come to know for sure in your light of reason it begs the question of who is in darkness and who is running from the glimmer.  Speak so I may know you.    

Haughty eyes and a proud heart make for a bad search engine.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:
Vastet,
Strangers to each other we are indeed.

The theist is half right, which is a lot more than he can usually claim. But I know him well, even though he cannot comprehend me.

Fonzie wrote:
You're right - I do talk to myself and confront myself - hopefully honestly.

It is sad that the theist cannot admit the truth, not even to himself. Talking to oneself can be an enlightening experience, but only if one doesn't lie to himself. Since all theists lie to themselves, the practice serves only to reinforce their delusions.
Should a theist ever admit the truth to themselves, it will open up the possibility of reason and allow them to escape the shackles of their false gods. It does happen. Many of the atheists here were once theists, until they finally admitted the truth to themselves. Sadly it is not a particularly common event amongst those who are so delusional they go out into the world attempting to convert the innocent into their dangerous and unproductive cults.

Fonzie wrote:
I'm not aware of any qualms such as you mention.  I have known darkness and delusion - light and reality is much better.

Here we see the theist make a claim, and then refute it with the very next sentence. If the theist had ever entered the light of reason, he would be sufficiently self aware and self honest to acknowledge the qualms he experiences on a daily basis.
Sadly, he has never experienced the light. He may never experience the light.

Fonzie wrote:
If you have the light of reason - I am interested; however, if you and the rest of the forum continue to blank out the answer of what you have come to know for sure in your light of reason it begs the question of who is in darkness and who is running from the glimmer.

Now we see the theist is so desperate to have others validate his cause (by joining him in the darkness), that he creates a run-on sentence that doesn't actually say anything.

Fonzie wrote:
Speak so I may know you.

The theist should be made awarre that he cannot know me until he knows himself.

Fonzie wrote:
Haughty eyes and a proud heart make for a bad search engine.

If only the theist could recognise this in himself.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Old Troll had been reduced to talking to Itself, and might hopefully drift off into obscurity in Its Echo Chamber of Lies, but...

Quote:
The theist is half right, which is a lot more than he can usually claim. But I know him well, even though he cannot comprehend me.
jesus is 100% right, and the Final Days will say He never knew you, though He comprehends you.

Quote:
Since all theists lie to themselves, the practice serves only to reinforce their delusions. Should a theist ever admit the truth to themselves, it will open up the possibility of reason and allow them to escape the shackles of their false gods.
We all lie to ourselves when we turn away from jesus, who is the Truth.  Should you accept jesus, you can escape the shackles of sin, and your false god of evolution.

Quote:
If the theist had ever entered the light of reason, he would be sufficiently self aware and self honest to acknowledge the qualms he experiences on a daily basis. Sadly, he has never experienced the light. He may never experience the light.
As it says in John 1, life is in god, and his life was the Light of men.  I have experienced the Light of reason, because god is the reason we are here.  Sadly, you choose the darkness of evolution, which offers no reason.

Quote:
The theist should be made awarre that he cannot know me until he knows himself.
 You cannot know yourself until you know god, who knows us better than we know ourselves.

πππ†
π†††

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ The fool continues to

^ The fool continues to demonstrate the irrational mindset he embraces as whole-heartedly as a theist does. He has, for months, attempted the same thing over and over, somehow expecting a different result. This is the definition of insanity. Showing conclusively that he is equally stupid as the average evangelist.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The definition of insanity

The definition of insanity . . Lol ,  I used to watch Futurama, anyone recall the  Farnsworth Parabox ?  No worries, just quickly jump into another universe box! To paraphrase Adam Savage, 'Each will reject your reality and substitute his own'!

Labelled Off-Site Multiversal EXCLUSIVELY . . .

I am drained and exhausted, at the moment . .  so no images, beyond a tiny few in number! Good thing that I am drained and exhausted, at the moment . .  so no images, beyond a tiny few in number! Good-Oh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjpQA2De-U {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjpQA2De-U}

What Ifs    What IFs

Subheading/Keyword  ''D-r-o-u-g-h-t'' ---

From the book of Ruth. A famine caused by a drought, 'forces them' to leave, IF I recall! Can you think of some ''What If'' questions concerning Ruth or from another example found in the Hebrew Bible's Joseph in Egypt . . .

During the days when the judges ruled, there was a famine in the land. A man with his wife and two sons went from Bethlehem of Judah to dwell in the territory of Moab.  The name of that man was Elimelech, the name of his wife was Naomi, and the names of his two sons were Mahlon and Chilion. They were Ephrathites from Bethlehem in Judah. They entered the territory of Moab and settled there. But Elimelech, Naomi’s husband, died. Then only she was left, along with her two sons.  They took wives for themselves, Moabite women; the name of the first was Orpah and the name of the second was Ruth. Ruth the moabitess, came from dwelling in the plains of Moab. She left the place where she had been, and her two daughters-in-law went with her. They went along the road to return to the land of Judah. Now the mother-in-law's name happened to be Naomi,. ''Naomi said to her daughters-in-law, “Go, turn back, each of you to the household of your mother. May the Lord deal faithfully with you, just as you have done with the dead and with me. May the Lord provide for you so that you may find security, each woman in the household of her husband.” Then she kissed them, and they lifted up their voices and wept.  But they replied to her, “No, instead we will return with you, to your people.” Naomi replied, “Turn back, my daughters. Why would you go with me? Will there again be sons in my womb, that they would be husbands for you? Turn back, my daughters. Go. I am too old for a husband. If I were to say that I have hope, even if I had a husband tonight, and even more, if I were to bear sons—  would you wait until they grew up? Would you refrain from having a spouse? No, my daughters. This is more bitter for me than for you, since the Lord’s will has come out against me, thusly! Then they lifted up their voices and wept again. Orpah kissed her mother-in-law, but Ruth stayed with her ''

''Bottom rail on top this time, Massah''

''. .When two full years had passed, now Pharaoh had a dream: He was standing by the Nile, when out of the river there came up seven cows, sleek and fat, and they grazed among the reeds. After them, seven other cows, ugly and gaunt, came up out of the Nile and stood beside those on the riverbank. And the cows that were ugly and gaunt ate up the seven sleek, fat cows. Then Pharaoh woke up. He fell asleep again and had a second dream: Seven heads of grain, healthy and good, were growing on a single stalk. After them, seven other heads of grain sprouted—thin and scorched by the east wind.  The thin heads of grain swallowed up the seven healthy, full heads. Then Pharaoh woke up; it had been a dream.  In the morning his mind was troubled, so he sent for all the magicians and wise men of Egypt. Pharaoh told them his dreams, but no one could interpret them for him. Then the chief cupbearer said to Pharaoh, “Today I am reminded of my shortcomings. Pharaoh was once angry with his servants, and he imprisoned me and the chief baker in the house of the captain of the guard. Each of us had a dream the same night, and each dream had a meaning of its own. Now a young Hebrew was there with us, a servant of the captain of the guard. We told him our dreams, and he interpreted them for us, giving each man the interpretation of his dream. And things turned out exactly as he interpreted them to us: I was restored to my position, and the other man was impaled.” So, at once, Pharaoh sent for Joseph, and he was quickly brought from the dungeon. When he had shaved and changed his clothes, he came before Pharaoh. Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I had a dream, and no one can interpret it. But I have heard it said of you that when you hear a dream you can interpret it.” “I cannot do it,” Joseph replied to Pharaoh, “but I know a God who can give Pharaoh the answer he desires.” Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “In my dream I was standing on the bank of the Nile, when out of the river there came up seven cows, fat and sleek, and they grazed among the reeds.  After them, seven other cows came up—scrawny and very ugly and lean. I had never seen such ugly cows in all the land of Egypt.  The lean, ugly cows ate up the seven fat cows that came up first.  But even after they ate them, no one could tell that they had done so; they looked just as ugly as before. Then I woke up. “In my dream I saw seven heads of grain, full and good, growing on a single stalk.  After them, seven other heads sprouted—withered and thin and scorched by the east wind.  The thin heads of grain swallowed up the seven good heads. I told this to the magicians, but none of them could explain it to me.” Then Joseph said to Pharaoh, “The dreams of Pharaoh are one and the same. God has revealed to Pharaoh what he is about to do.  The seven good cows are seven years, and the seven good heads of grain are seven years; it is one and the same dream.  The seven lean, ugly cows that came up afterward are seven years, and so are the seven worthless heads of grain scorched by the east wind: They are seven years of famine. “It is just as I said to Pharaoh: God has shown Pharaoh what he is about to do.  Seven years of great abundance are coming throughout the land of Egypt,  but seven years of famine will follow them. Then all the abundance in Egypt will be forgotten, and the famine will ravage the land.  The abundance in the land will not be remembered, because the famine that follows it will be so severe.  The reason the dream was given to Pharaoh in two forms is that the matter has been firmly decided by God, and God will do it soon. “And now let Pharaoh look for a discerning and wise man and put him in charge of the land of Egypt.  Let Pharaoh appoint commissioners over the land to take a fifth of the harvest of Egypt during the seven years of abundance.  They should collect all the food of these good years that are coming and store up the grain under the authority of Pharaoh, to be kept in the cities for food.  This food should be held in reserve for the country, to be used during the seven years of famine that will come upon Egypt, so that the country may not be ruined by the famine.” The plan seemed good to Pharaoh and to all his officials.  So Pharaoh asked them, “Can we find anyone like this man, one in whom is the spirit of God ?” Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Since God has made all this known to you, there is no one so discerning and wise as you.  You shall be in charge . . . ''

'Drought' and Famine were mentioned in a version of the Hindu Sacred Text ( Important to view the following, Upload ) --   http://xtupload.com

Bobbies  --

Oh, Look a cat picture . .  I could have sworn I never posted any 'cat picture' before . .  Oh, That's right, I am sure I may have posted many of them, huh ? Oh, I am so silly sometimes!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^Dana doesn't understand

^Dana doesn't understand insanity. Strange.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Free to be as polite and civil or impolite and uncivil as U can:

^ Then it's unanimous. Free Speech thread, huh ?  Any one of us is as free to be as polite and civil or impolite and uncivil as you please!!     Saying nothing in the face of shunning and silence is NEVER a wise move, hense the labels can help clue everyone in as to who this is all written to, afterall, huh ?

It's all good, nonetheless : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Whgun28BYg {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Whgun28BYg}

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUaI94ham60 {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUaI94ham60}

( Playing house, ‘’in the land of make believe’’, when is play time fin ? YouTube video reference, see video )

UserBeyondSaving wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote: ..... [it's] clear from the Job, that god is sadistic ..with a gambling addiction.

Job 3:24-26

New King James Version (NKJV)

''For my sighing comes before I eat, And my groanings pour out like water.

For the thing I greatly feared will come upon me,

And what I dreaded will happen, will happen to me.  I am not at ease, nor am I quiet;

I have no rest, for trouble comes. Instead of light, there is darkness (pun)”

Aahh Alas, ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGeM0-IgR8 {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGeM0-IgR8}

2 Tim  ... ''if we patiently endure pain, we shall also share in His Kingship..''

Can I get a witness ?

I for one still remember . .

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins:

Image Below (~the Double meaning) ::

. . .

Ultimate tutelage (GOT TO CHECK THOSE TIMESTAMPS)   Little Things do count

And What?!?  I lose ? You lose, hey but thanks for playing ?!!?

Still thoughts more towards 'Mother's Day', it's more over there  and  not  so much of Father's day .. Image  the significance of postnatal care: “Eat well, sleep well, nothing is better than sitting the month well.” (吃的好,睡的好,不如月子坐的好。Chī de hǎo, shuì de hǎo, bùrú yuèzi zuò de hǎo.) It's a long road home!!   You  are  so  bad  . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVfhXfGrX0Y {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVfhXfGrX0Y}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5grsLMvpJWQ {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5grsLMvpJWQ}

坐月子 (zuò yuèzi)

Let it go, they told me

But I just couldn't hear their plea 'Cause nothing going to get me down

'Cause I'm just trying to make 

the right mistake. With all, All the possibilities .. just : 

The right mistake, the right mistake 

I was only trying to make 

The right mistake, the right mistake 

http://scarletscord.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/673989243d0f250c5ab4ba3cf9971d48.jpeg?w=200 

Mid-Feb. of  2013 - 6:21pm  http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15288?page=68#comment-401451  #3401 http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15288?page=68#comment-401451 and/or http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15288?page=68 Nu 3401 {http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15288?page=68 Nu 3401} 

====== 

> :: Without love it aint much . . . what are you and I willing to risk ? 

0ff -site :: 

UserBeyondSaving wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote: ..... [it's] clear from the Job, that god is sadistic ..with a gambling addiction.

RE :: Thoughtless people inherit folly, but the cautious are crowned with knowledge (~DOUBLE MEANING!!)!! 

Thoughtless people inherit folly, but the cautious are crowned with knowledge (~DOUBLE MEANING!!)!! 

That reminds of some dizzyingly  heady thoughts I couldn't care to articulate about concepts concerning the hand of fate, (especially while sneezing my head off).  I often   feel like  others are gambling with my potential future,  without a thought; though professing to be wise and humble,  in actuality exhibit the very height of conceit.  Granted, We all do this  to some  greater or lessor degree,  (BUT THAT'S NO EXCUSE)!! Thoughtless, Thoughtless! I wonder how much of this is ever caught, in the end ? Even for those of you who are stuck in a circle of fatalistic thinking or conversely even those who purely rely on the hand of Fate have to acknowledge human choices in it all.

0ff-site :: Currently, I mean, when we are too subtle in expressing something to others, to cower and shrink back IS harmfully, ESPECIALLY when any of us do not communicate our feelings to one another (or to others)!  Due to operating in what , 'the group', refers to as 'free moral agency' and internal acts of volition. Then, by extension, aren't we all trying to 'play god' or tinkering with fate in our own lives.. almost daily ? 

Relating one to another . . . 

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 

In the Mahabharat (Factoring in where we begin to recognize the power of individual determination) 

I cannot help but be reminded of the journey of the pandavas, life is a series of choices, I am thinking about the unforgivable 'dice game '; going back to the nature of karmic thoughts really. Although the concept of Fate and aspects of the 'Dharma' aren't equivalent, there are striking parallels and striking similarities which can be argued. 

The enemy found a way to exploit the situation, as also with the Epic's example . . . 

http://hindu-legends.blogspot.com/2010_02_28_archive.html {http://hindu-legends.blogspot.com/2010_02_28_archive.html} 

"But you must not play the dice, Yudhishtira. Gambling is wrong." 

''  Scared rabbit," sneered Sakuni. 

"Do you refuse to play?" challenged Duryodhana. 

"What will be, must be," said Yudhishtira. "Let us play. I will offer this magnificent silver chain  as my stake, that I'll wager." 

Up-shot, Yudhishtira lost, of course. (quote)The dice they played was not our modern game of pure chance, but a game that involved number skills and quick hands, and Sakuni was an expert. And he cheated. Probably. It’s impossible to know for sure that he cheated, and it is really beside the point anyway'' Yudhishtira lost everything - his palaces and lands and herds, his chariots and his servants, the very clothes on his back. 

"You are Lord Dharma. Do you refuse to play?" 

"So it will be," said Yudhishtira. 

Sakuni said, "Do you want to play again?" 

"I have nothing left to stake," said Yudhishtira. etc. '' 

------ 

Words that should be told to everyone!!  Help me discover  my future,  don't counterproductively ensure I lose out, by falsely characterizing my posts nor thwarting the achievement of an intended goal !!

Clues and labels but still without the ability to figure out, it was never written to anyone on this site; Wow !!!

P.S. -- Must dash  or I will run out of time pretty soon or will be way too late today!! Play with someone else, that's everyone !!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^Dana doesn't understand

^Dana doesn't understand trolls either.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arrow Up > Some people don't understand hypocrisy either!

http://xtupload.com

>  Some people don't understand hypocrisy either!    Btw,  Your venom is much weaker than some, can I recommend a church to help you with that ?!?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poor Dana tries to troll the

Poor Dana tries to troll the god of trolls, but fails.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
PAPER MACHE PHISHING

Vastet wrote:

...can cut and paste like a pro though

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Vastet

Fonzie wrote:

Vastet wrote:

...can cut and paste like a pro though

One could say the same for you.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
From Russia with Love, Evangelical PhotoJounalist's pics

From Russia with Love, Evangelical PhotoJounalist's pics . .

Note::  These are only very ''similar'' images, because I wasn't able to quickly find the URL to the work of an Evangelical 'Russian' PhotoJournalist's site. For his award winning images of 1983-85 famine, of four neighboring countries that were famine stricken countries in Africa!!

Can you picture,  .. can you picture .. this ?!??

Prov 29a -- Where there is no vision, the people perish ..

Bonus  --  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8_mwXetwp4 {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8_mwXetwp4}  

.. If I can't feel you here with me (*pain*)

On-Site::  Darkness, hmm. Well, I guess, Iconoclasm was central to the European Reformation experience, not marginal, nor just a regrettable extravagance in its' scope!, (almost Lol)!! People arent willing to be rejecting cherished beliefs and institutions, when you SHOW NO RESPECT for them or for the people themselves !!!!

Read more:  Url -- 2014/07/the-breaking-of-images/#ixzz3Y3DFoJpa  and/or  Virginia Chieffo Raguin, ed., ''Art, Piety and Destruction in the Christian West''

F i n

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
> La-dee-da-dee-dee , la-di-da :

> La-dee-da-dee-dee, la-di-da

For clueless snipers -- An Anti-Jung analysis should and does assumes that images do mean something else than they apparently mean, Huh ?!??

http://xtupload.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzWGs8WYmcU {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzWGs8WYmcU}

**Labelled as Labelled --

Please View the following ::

For a clueless sniper -- An Anti-Jung analysis should and does assumes that images do mean something else than they apparently mean, (no surprise)!

** We're only getting older, baby  And I been thinking about it, lately  Does it ever drive you crazy  Just how fast the night changes?  Everything that you've ever dreamed of, disappearing when you wake up  But there's nothing to be afraid of   Even when it changes .. It will never change me and you Smiling  A divine (~double 'PUN' meaning) conspiracy --That you an angel, Lovely!  Because I can't do half of what I thought I could without YOU !

F i n

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
> Twin miracles consciousness and truth-telling

>  Twin miracles consciousness and truth-telling

The Gospel according to Saint Matthew  V : XX  -- ''For I say unto you, That lest your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter ye into the Kingdom''

Addendum -- Added  to :

Addendum --  Three Image posts . . .

View Uploaded Images . .

Rubbing Temples, (Rubbing Temples) Now, Whatever you do, please, don't sing the theme song, just don't sing the theme song .. Ohh, .. Too late, sung the series Theme song (ho-ho-ha)!

The Gospel according to Saint Matthew  V : XX  -- For I say unto you, That lest your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter ye into the Kingdom.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE GOOD NEWS FOR SURE

danatemporary wrote:

>  Twin miracles consciousness and truth-telling

The Gospel according to Saint Matthew  V : XX  -- ''For I say unto you, That lest your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter ye into the Kingdom''

DT,

Jesus has come to show us The Father.  He came at exactly the right time, was born of a virgin, lived a Perfect Life and was Sacrificed on The Last Passover as The LAMB OF GOD that takes away the sins of all who believe in Him.  

On the third day He ROSE FROM THE GRAVE and appeared to the apostles and many others.  He Ascended back into Heaven and sent The Holy Spirit which was poured out on The LAST PENTECOST.  On the first PENTECOST God gave the Law to Moses written on stone.  On this last Pentecost God wrote His Law on men's hearts.  

Those who believe in Jesus repent and die to their old life and are born anew in baptism.  God and Jesus and The Holy Spirit then come and make Their home with believers.  

The gospel of Jesus' Death, Burial and Resurrection was confirmed with Sign Gifts given to the apostles (various healings, raising the dead) - they are not needed or available today.  We have the complete Word of God, the Bible, The Living God - Breathed Word.  

Jesus is the Only Way to God - no one comes to The Father except through Him.   

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Each ''two'' flaunt their attachment(s) to one another . .

Hmm, Destiny (prarabdha) versus self-effort (purusartha):  Destiny (prarabdha) versus self-effort (purusartha):

> Each ''two'' flaunt their attachments (double-meaning) to one another . .

Method to the madness, it may be known as a type of strategy: Where, over time, ALL should be able to truly ''identify the payoffs that drive  behavior and that of others'' ( ~ Dr. Phil McGraw or Guru Dr. Phil )

re :: Destiny (prarabdha) versus self-effort (purusartha):

There are no small pay-offs, when 'true-balance' is finally sought !!

Modern example is seen in the Asian Tigers or Asian Dragons

Those Tiger Cub Economies were so called because they follow the same export-driven model of economic development, as was once pursued by Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and also Taiwan, which were collectively referred to as the **Four Asian Tigers. These 'young' tigers are referred to as "cubs", the implication being that the four (or '4') newly industrialized countries who make up the Tiger Cub Economies are rising Tigers. They put a great deal of self-effort into improving their situation, and yet, at a radically different point in time, it would have all been in vain.  (Hey, Don't you love the Internet; now ?) ?  

From the tradition, we are all reminded of what follows (View, the Upload, and the msgs) ::

2 Timothy 1:7  New King James Version (NKJV)

''For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind [ , sometimes]!''

All-in-the-''Family'' .. ( because, we all know, our pets, they come and go ) ::

The Roman Catholic pope was quoted extensively on the radio news for a old speech, his homilly (which I completely missed) Where he said married couples should look at how Jesus loves his Church. Marriage can be extremely messy. As sinners we can do dumb things in marriage—we hurt one another; we make false assumptions and then miscommunicate; we manipulate or say mean things to our spouse; we think less about serving and more about being served. We don’t always follow God’s Word. In addition, reportedly he goes on, to always being faithful, love also must be “untiring in its perseverance”, he said.Just as Jesus forgives his Church, spouses must ask each other for forgiveness so that “matrimonial love can go on,” he said. “Perseverance in love” must endure, in good times and bad, “when there are problems, problems with the kids, money problems, problems here and there.”“Love perseveres,” he said. “It keeps going, always seeking to resolve things in order to save the family.” And something about a ''culture of conformity'' is to blame for all these couples that end up with pets, instead of kids, substitutionally. He is quoted as saying: “It might be better — more comfortable — to have a dog, two cats, and the love goes to the two cats and the dog. Is this true or not? Have you seen it?  “Then, in the end this marriage comes to old age in solitude, with the bitterness of loneliness.“

>>    Covet their familiar joys (yes, they were blessed)  heppinn crīstesmæsse, folly!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7S537b7saE {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7S537b7saE}

A day, it's a beautiful day when  love is openly expressed, where 'we' can love, not only be loved. As the ancients put it : of the good lady, greatly is she, within whom possesses the principal tablets with their obligations

And IMHO, It is past overdue someone made the time needed to understand, explore, or puzzle a bit on why I’ve written what I’ve written, I certainly left enough clues (there are more than enough clues ~ double meaning) . . 

[According to the] Sumerian or other Assyrian religions and in the faith systems of the ancient Sumerian and the Akkadian of Assyria's --One of the greatest of all conceivable powers,  was  to  wield the key influence  over destiny,  instances were said to 'decree destiny' when presenting their gift, in the councils of the ancient gods, these few themes were  infused in their own language and culture in the older ANE culture. The vital control of destiny was sought about all else in the power struggles of the gods. The Tablets of Destiny were believed to contain the details of fate and the future, which controls each individual’s future state; he who held them, according to surviving accounts, was able to determine the fate all things. Imdugud (Akkadian: Anzu  or  variant of Zu/AnSu) states:

'I shall take the gods´ Tablet of Destinies for myself,
And control the orders for all the gods,..''

Where he noticeably made off with them, so instead of letting it go, there was a need to have them recovered.  Although, For the true Christian, it is essential to maintain a true trust and abiding faith, no matter how grieved the heart may burden one. It doesn't mean inaction is FOREVER! Provisions are made for the sake of the future family.

p.p.s.  -- This is sort of a Pre-Post Post. The Tablets of Destiny were believed to contain the details of fate and the future, ancient gods fought over their possession, in their now 'dead' religion!!

>>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XArbwSNroXU {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XArbwSNroXU}

F r e e d o m  .  .

" I'm  too much . . ''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XArbwSNroXU {www.youtube.com/watch?v=XArbwSNroXU} no identifiable trigger for that oh-so prevalent 'inappropriate' sense of humor overdue to spontaneously combust, always leave them guessing (smile)!

F i n

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE BASIS FOR CERTAINTY - FAITH IN GOD

danatemporary wrote:

2 Timothy 1:7  New King James Version (NKJV)

''For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind ''

DT - 

I might add that these are all things I am totally sure of without a doubt - plus all the rest of the Bible.  If you believe the gospel you have the foundation to believe it all.  

The atheists' so-called commitment to truth and evidence hasn't enabled certainty about anything - because it's hard to honestly put faith in your own speculations and imperfect self.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ The theist fails to

^ The theist fails to comprehend that the unbelievability of the bible makes the bible unbelievable. The theist compounds his error by suggesting an imperfect book written by imperfect men can in any way compete with empirical evidence.

In before the fool, who will continue to demonstrate the definition of insanity for us.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
How would you or anybody know what I believe ????????

How would you or anybody know what I believe ????????

> Again,  YOU  do not know . . shock!!

Innocent sounding troll wrote:
' Innocent sounding troll said, " ..'If' you believe the gospel you have the foundation to believe it all' ''

And  What is it that you think you need ?!?? With 'messages' best represented  as purely 'code' and cryptic in their totality. Amen!  It's rather doubtful your personal beliefs are equally coherent  to my own personal beliefs, in the end (you get what you get)!

re:  From ALL accounts I believe in giving fodder for the enemy, is what I believe in . . . 

Giving fodder for the enemy . . baby !!

Other Related ::

Questions?   Still can appreciate you having questions, a gentle and kind reminder, consult me, K ?    I don't think it's ever going to be as useful to not allow for images in communication (personally for each of us).    It happens sometimes,  there is the possibility, in all likelihood, (off-site/omni-0FF-Site) there remains a perpetual failure to communicate. Because Omni/Original/Other 'OFF'-Site, are left with a complete guessing game, from all accounts!

YouTube -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrphgPETSIM {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrphgPETSIM}

May you never  take a single breath for granted !! May you never  take a single breath for granted !!

All to break the mold and stand above all the rest

Last time I checked, Christians are to actually try to cultivate a heart of gratitude? Right!?  You see, the ability to express gratitude and be thankful is one of the fundamental signs of spiritual wholeness, some have even gone so far as to compare it to one of the signs of being filled, at least  according to the Apostle Paul. You don't seem very grateful, yourself, for your  wonderful hosts, haven't chucked this whole thread into Troll~ville, long time ago !

p.p.s. --  (I refuse to change around four FULL years worth of work)

p.p.s. --  (I refuse to change around four years worth of work)..All to break the mold and to simply stand above all the rest 

Hmm, Is  your  love  too dangerous ..  hard to really judge it, now isn't it ??!?

Money Video!  And,  my own personal  unmitigated inappropriately impish  YouTube vid  Choice ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNGnIKUdMI {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNGnIKUdMI} IF Broken Link do try this URL / Link instead --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl2IJql7-CU {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl2IJql7-CU}

And  Say it aint so,  please be ''kidding'' Dana.  Dana, now you do not mean it, Oh No !! (Funny)

F i n