It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

10 One from among the heathen tribes stepped forth again, to complain how many  years the Troll of the LORD had blathered on,

11 Only to dutifully feed It more of the very same victuals It had feasted on so many times before.

12 Hence yet another year of the very same blather would shortly commence...

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
*continues ignoring the

*continues ignoring the troll*

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
JOB 38.4 WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I really don't get what you're getting at.

Vas,

I'm 70 today.  Today I'm thinking about Habakkuk - the prophet with a "question mark" for a brain, the "doubting Thomas of the OT" (you might see yourself in that).  He had an honest question about the way God was doing things (or not doing things) and brought it to God (this is a great idea and thing for you to respectfully do), waited in the "watchtower" and got his answer - A GREAT ANSWER and THE KEY to spiritual survival, how to make it in this world gone mad:  "behold, he whose soul is not upright in him shall fail but the just shall live by his faith."  This same principle and key is quoted and is the backdrop for Romans, Galatians and Hebrews (with different emphasis in each - if not the backdrop for the whole Bible).  

In Romans, the Holy Spirit through Paul says the gospel reveals the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God through faith for faith (a nuclear faith producer).  In Galatians, (it gets tricky) this key of "justification by faith" enables survival of the temptation and outside challenges of making God's Word into a "keeping of rules or laws" and to try to be justified by that rather than faith (like Abraham exemplified).  In Hebrews the emphasis is on the exciting life of faith that God creates and enables - instead walking by faith and (real life) not shrinking back - and the definition of faith: which has substance to those who believe and evidence to those who believe  (not speculation, a leap in the dark, or mystical, or a secret club, password or anything).  

As the Holy Spirit shows through Paul in Romans...the problem with people not believing the gospel is not lack of evidence - but sin (unbelief) and the slippery self-deceiving slope sin puts you on.  The glory of God seen in the things created is evident.  But man wants to live without God, be "wise in his own eyes" and believe in his and other's "speculation" rather than "revelation".  The results of the two choices become additional evidence BTW.  

BUT... on the slippery slope, mankind drowning in sin, going down for the 3rd time - the gospel offers RESCUE by the Righteousness of God given as a Gift, the Power to be freed from sin through the Gift of The Lamb of God Who took our sins upon Himself and cancelled our debt by becoming a curse for us.  Cursed is everyone hung on a tree - He carried our sins and the sins of all who believe in Him to the cross and enables us to be "born anew" into Him, into His victory and Indestructable Life.  Plus, He, God, and the Holy Spirit come and make Their home with us.  Jesus Christ washes our feet as we confess our sins and maintains our moral purity so we can have fellowship with Him and other believers all the way.  

We deal with things we don't know all about all the time - (laser measuring devices, GPS, digestion, calculators, cell phones) yet some people act like they need to know all about Jesus before they believe in Him.  

Life in Christ is great!  It's "WORKING FOR ME".  Many times I have thought it couldn't get any better...but it does!  I hope you find this Treasure and come to know Christ and the joy of life that is LIFE INDEED.  Eternal life starts here and now not pie in the sky and the by and by.  It's started for me and others I know. 

How many pages and how many years has this thread been going?

Yes we get it, "Christ works for me". So? 

The polytheistic gods of the Egyptians worked for them for 3,000 years. Allah works for Muslims. Yahweh works for Jews. Vishnu works for Hindus. Buddha works for Buddhists.

Yet none of those religions were arround 200,000 years ago in the early evolution of our species. And yet we still managed to survive and reproduce.

We are not concerned with what you like or think works anymore than you blindly buy the claims or books of other religions you rightfully reject.

Everyone here including me, will gladly say "you are right" WHEN you privide evidence and not simply repeat your personal predilections. 

"It feels right" is not an argument. "It has a history of tradition" is not an argument. All religions play that game and it is meaningless. Get back to us when you can prove it in a lab and get your findings peer reviewed and get it to the patent office. 

Hi Brian,

Like you can prove your faith in that 200,000 year speculation...or, for that matter anthing you "blindly buy".  You are dealing with a bunch of things you know very little about, but when it comes to God and Christ you let what you don't know disturb what you could.  

One time I ask several times for you guys to list were things you know for a fact to be true - absolutely no doubt.  Funny there were no takers on that.  So it's typical hypocrisy for the perported atheist house honkers - to require lab proof for my admited faith but allowing unproven faith in every aspect of their/ your unproven atheist speculation faith swallowing day, fooling yourself and giving yourself a free pass while you measure all my statements with a different set of weights.  

You guys carry on as if Christianity doesn't work for anybody, or did once for somebody - but doesn't now, isn't proven, blah, blah...  but your wonderful atheism can't lay out a reasonable explanation for what is, what was, or what will be; just strut around as if a winning hand is held though never played.  Well, play it.  I haven't seen anything atheistic that works or works as an argument for it, or even a plausible explanation of it.   

It would all be entertaining if life was just a game - but it is serious and ticking you know.  And you don't have to waste any time on me anyway - there are plenty of other places you can sell this lie of atheism where people will celebrate your lie with you.  I just don't happen to be one of those that buy your empty faith in nothing - which you accept without proof or a reasonable description thereof.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You appear to not understand

You appear to not understand how things work in science. We don't need absolute proof that there's a god because there's no absolute proof for anything. For all any of us knows, we're all someone's dream or a computer simulation. When you ask rational, educated, critical thinkers for something they know with absolute certainty, you'll get no answer simply because nothing can be proven with absolute certainty.

What we do require is evidence of a compelling nature. Something no theist in the history of mankind has ever produced. There's evidence for gravity, evolution, ourselves, etc. After exhaustive testing and attempts to prove these things wrong, noone has succeeded in doing so. They are thus accepted as facts, with the condition that future evidence may yet call them into question. We can't say with absolute certainty that they are true, but every attempt to prove them false has failed.

We demand no more of you than we demand of anyone. If someone wants to say gravity is a repelling force instead of a attracting force, we want evidence. If someone claims there's a god, we want evidence. Neither you nor anyone else has ever provided that evidence, so we rationally dismiss your claims as mythology.

In before the troll, who will be ignored yet again.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

13 And as scripture foretold, they ignored the warnings, and continued feeding the Troll, 

14 Knowing full-well that it was still quite easy...

Quote:
You appear to not understand how things work in science. We don't need absolute proof that there's a god because there's no absolute proof for anything. For all any of us knows, we're all someone's dream or a computer simulation.
I understand science has failed to prove god doesn't exist; and failed to replace faith in god with belief in Nothing.  

A computer simulation still requires an Intelligent Designer, since it can't build itself out of nothing.  I appreciate science because I appreciate the Designer/Creator.

Quote:
What we do require is evidence of a compelling nature. Something no theist in the history of mankind has ever produced. There's evidence for gravity, evolution, ourselves, etc.
And god has provided me with evidence.  As it says in Luke 16:31, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’   It is not god's fault if you don't accept his compelling evidence.

In before the troll, who will be ignored fed yet again...and again.

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Brian37

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Vas,

I'm 70 today.  Today I'm thinking about Habakkuk - the prophet with a "question mark" for a brain, the "doubting Thomas of the OT" (you might see yourself in that).  He had an honest question about the way God was doing things (or not doing things) and brought it to God (this is a great idea and thing for you to respectfully do), waited in the "watchtower" and got his answer - A GREAT ANSWER and THE KEY to spiritual survival, how to make it in this world gone mad:  "behold, he whose soul is not upright in him shall fail but the just shall live by his faith."  This same principle and key is quoted and is the backdrop for Romans, Galatians and Hebrews (with different emphasis in each - if not the backdrop for the whole Bible).  

In Romans, the Holy Spirit through Paul says the gospel reveals the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God through faith for faith (a nuclear faith producer).  In Galatians, (it gets tricky) this key of "justification by faith" enables survival of the temptation and outside challenges of making God's Word into a "keeping of rules or laws" and to try to be justified by that rather than faith (like Abraham exemplified).  In Hebrews the emphasis is on the exciting life of faith that God creates and enables - instead walking by faith and (real life) not shrinking back - and the definition of faith: which has substance to those who believe and evidence to those who believe  (not speculation, a leap in the dark, or mystical, or a secret club, password or anything).  

As the Holy Spirit shows through Paul in Romans...the problem with people not believing the gospel is not lack of evidence - but sin (unbelief) and the slippery self-deceiving slope sin puts you on.  The glory of God seen in the things created is evident.  But man wants to live without God, be "wise in his own eyes" and believe in his and other's "speculation" rather than "revelation".  The results of the two choices become additional evidence BTW.  

BUT... on the slippery slope, mankind drowning in sin, going down for the 3rd time - the gospel offers RESCUE by the Righteousness of God given as a Gift, the Power to be freed from sin through the Gift of The Lamb of God Who took our sins upon Himself and cancelled our debt by becoming a curse for us.  Cursed is everyone hung on a tree - He carried our sins and the sins of all who believe in Him to the cross and enables us to be "born anew" into Him, into His victory and Indestructable Life.  Plus, He, God, and the Holy Spirit come and make Their home with us.  Jesus Christ washes our feet as we confess our sins and maintains our moral purity so we can have fellowship with Him and other believers all the way.  

We deal with things we don't know all about all the time - (laser measuring devices, GPS, digestion, calculators, cell phones) yet some people act like they need to know all about Jesus before they believe in Him.  

Life in Christ is great!  It's "WORKING FOR ME".  Many times I have thought it couldn't get any better...but it does!  I hope you find this Treasure and come to know Christ and the joy of life that is LIFE INDEED.  Eternal life starts here and now not pie in the sky and the by and by.  It's started for me and others I know. 

The polytheistic gods of the Egyptians worked for them for 3,000 years. Allah works for Muslims. Yahweh works for Jews. Vishnu works for Hindus. Buddha works for Buddhists.

Yet none of those religions were arround 200,000 years ago in the early evolution of our species. And yet we still managed to survive and reproduce.

We are not concerned with what you like or think works anymore than you blindly buy the claims or books of other religions you rightfully reject.

Everyone here including me, will gladly say "you are right" WHEN you privide evidence and not simply repeat your personal predilections. 

"It feels right" is not an argument. "It has a history of tradition" is not an argument. All religions play that game and it is meaningless. Get back to us when you can prove it in a lab and get your findings peer reviewed and get it to the patent office. 

Hi Brian,

Like you can prove your faith in that 200,000 year speculation...or, for that matter anthing you "blindly buy".  You are dealing with a bunch of things you know very little about, but when it comes to God and Christ you let what you don't know disturb what you could.  

One time I ask several times for you guys to list were things you know for a fact to be true - absolutely no doubt.  Funny there were no takers on that.  So it's typical hypocrisy for the perported atheist house honkers - to require lab proof for my admited faith but allowing unproven faith in every aspect of their/ your unproven atheist speculation faith swallowing day, fooling yourself and giving yourself a free pass while you measure all my statements with a different set of weights.  

You guys carry on as if Christianity doesn't work for anybody, or did once for somebody - but doesn't now, isn't proven, blah, blah...  but your wonderful atheism can't lay out a reasonable explanation for what is, what was, or what will be; just strut around as if a winning hand is held though never played.  Well, play it.  I haven't seen anything atheistic that works or works as an argument for it, or even a plausible explanation of it.   

It would all be entertaining if life was just a game - but it is serious and ticking you know.  And you don't have to waste any time on me anyway - there are plenty of other places you can sell this lie of atheism where people will celebrate your lie with you.  I just don't happen to be one of those that buy your empty faith in nothing - which you accept without proof or a reasonable description thereof.  

First off Fonzie, you can skip the salutations, this is not a 5 star hotel. I am not going to throw a fit if you do that with others, but with me it, it really comes off as condesending. We are all adults here and we don't need lobster bib greetings. Just jump in and make your case.

Secondly I think you like many Christians falsely think we single you out as if you are the only god belief on the face of the planet. I hate to burst your bubble but Christianity is not nor has ever been the center of the universe. There were cave gods long before the the Hebrews stole the name Yahweh from the polythistic Caanites which your religion is a spin off of.

Does the following logic work for you?

Allah exists<=The Koran says so<=Therefore Allah is the one true god.

Didn't think so. Congratulations, now you have insight as to why atheists reject your god as well.

We do not doubt that you truely believe what you claim. What we doubt is your perception of reality.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
TO BE HAD OR NOT TO BE HAD - YOU WILL BE HAD

Vastet wrote:
You appear to not understand how things work in science. We don't need absolute proof that there's a god because there's no absolute proof for anything. For all any of us knows, we're all someone's dream or a computer simulation. When you ask rational, educated, critical thinkers for something they know with absolute certainty, you'll get no answer simply because nothing can be proven with absolute certainty. What we do require is evidence of a compelling nature. Something no theist in the history of mankind has ever produced. There's evidence for gravity, evolution, ourselves, etc. After exhaustive testing and attempts to prove these things wrong, noone has succeeded in doing so. They are thus accepted as facts, with the condition that future evidence may yet call them into question. We can't say with absolute certainty that they are true, but every attempt to prove them false has failed. We demand no more of you than we demand of anyone. If someone wants to say gravity is a repelling force instead of a attracting force, we want evidence. If someone claims there's a god, we want evidence. Neither you nor anyone else has ever provided that evidence, so we rationally dismiss your claims as mythology. In before the troll, who will be ignored yet again.

Vas,

Congrats noticing gravity, very perceptive, very reliable that "G" thing, wants everything - including you and me (more you than me or me than you who knows), intimately involved in everything everyday, and fascinatingly so.   (you know what's up - down with gravity).  

Likely you will trot out some deeeeep speculative  sounding explanation one of your scientific friends who has spent serious scientific time speculating scientifically about it and has pontificated  as if having helped make it or at least contributed and said scientist tap dances all around the lack of real understanding of it;  in reality you -  they - we - I - are dealing with and accepting something here not understood or the understanding of it proved or lab - dissected - but that you accept and have faith in its faithfulness and have what even approaches awe of it from certain vantage points (i.e., Yosemete's edge).  

You don't have "anti - gravity boots" but you have "anti - gravity" thoughts which enable you to stay away from a serious consideration of it.  It's routine.  Maybe label it and forget it, huh?  Mythology?    

So, you don't let what you don't know... disturb what you do know ...with gravity.  It proves itself to you without understanding it.  You can't see it but you see results. You don't run around saying you don't believe in gravity - but you do run around saying you don't believe in God.  The latter is more astounding.   

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Vas, Congrats

Fonzie wrote:
Vas,

Congrats noticing gravity, very perceptive, very reliable that "G" thing, wants everything - including you and me (more you than me or me than you who knows), intimately involved in everything everyday, and fascinatingly so.   (you know what's up - down with gravity).  

Thanks. It took a lot of work and effort, but by the time I was a year old I had it down pat.

Fonzie wrote:
Likely you will trot out some deeeeep speculative  sounding explanation one of your scientific friends who has spent serious scientific time speculating scientifically about it and has pontificated  as if having helped make it or at least contributed and said scientist tap dances all around the lack of real understanding of it;  in reality you -  they - we - I - are dealing with and accepting something here not understood or the understanding of it proved or lab - dissected - but that you accept and have faith in its faithfulness and have what even approaches awe of it from certain vantage points (i.e., Yosemete's edge).

You still don't get it. I can actually test all the scientific theories for myself. I don't have to be the one who discovered something in order to know how and why it works. In fact, I'm more likely to know how and why something works than the person who discovered it. Newton knew shit about gravity compared to me. I know far more about evolution than Darwin ever did. And I've observed billions of stars and galaxies that Galileo never saw.

Faith in science is not required. Science proves itself.

Fonzie wrote:
You don't have "anti - gravity boots" but you have "anti - gravity" thoughts which enable you to stay away from a serious consideration of it.  It's routine.  Maybe label it and forget it, huh?  Mythology?

If you mean I can imagine anti-gravity, sure. The difference between us is that I can seperate imagination from reality, and I know that just because I can imagine anti-gravity doesn't mean I can use anti-gravity or that anti-gravity exists. Just because you can imagine god doesn't mean it exists.

Fonzie wrote:
So, you don't let what you don't know... disturb what you do know

On the contrary. I use what I don't know in order to learn things, which quite often disturbs what I do know.

Fonzie wrote:
...with gravity.  It proves itself to you without understanding it.

Only in the most grossly simplified way. True understanding of gravity requires knowledge of the equations humans developed and what they mean, and how they work or don't work under certain conditions. 

Fonzie wrote:
You can't see it but you see results. You don't run around saying you don't believe in gravity - but you do run around saying you don't believe in God.  The latter is more astounding.

Only to someone who is practiced at convincing themselves in a lie. There is no example of god. No god was necessary for the universe and everything in it to exist. The only astounding thing here is that you believe in a god despite the fact there's never been anything to indicate a god, other than stories written by people.

Again, in before zara the troll, who shall continue to be ignored.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

In before the real Troll, and Its retinue of dutiful feeders, who shall continue to recycle the same points over and over...

Quote:
It took a lot of work and effort, but by the time I was a year old I had it down pat.
With work and effort, maybe you will find god by the time you're 70.

Quote:
I can actually test all the scientific theories for myself.
You can also test for god...but not if you're biased against the results.

Quote:
  I use what I don't know in order to learn things, which quite often disturbs what I do know.
Knowing god does not disturb me, but brings me peace.  Just as when jesus rebuked the wind and commanded the sea to be calm.  And disproved gravity by walking across it.

Quote:
The difference between us is that I can seperate imagination from reality, and I know that just because I can imagine anti-gravity doesn't mean I can use anti-gravity or that anti-gravity exists. Just because you can imagine god doesn't mean it exists.
It's no wonder you find it so hard to know god, if you spend all your time imagining anti-god.  Faith in jesus works too well for me to imagine anti-god. 

Quote:
The only astounding thing here is that you believe in a god despite the fact there's never been anything to indicate a god, other than stories written by people.
Creation itself indicates god, and he has written you into the plot.  It's your choice to be one of the villains, or support the Protagonist.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
DID YOU SLIP DID YOU ADMIT DID YOU EDIT

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Vas,

Hi Brian,

First off Fonzie, you can skip the salutations, this is not a 5 star hotel. I am not going to throw a fit if you do that with others, but with me it, it really comes off as condesending. We are all adults here and we don't need lobster bib greetings. Just jump in and make your case.

Secondly I think you like many Christians falsely think we single you out as if you are the only god belief on the face of the planet. I hate to burst your bubble but Christianity is not nor has ever been the center of the universe. There were cave gods long before the the Hebrews stole the name Yahweh from the polythistic Caanites which your religion is a spin off of.

Does the following logic work for you?

Allah exists<=The Koran says so<=Therefore Allah is the one true god.

Didn't think so. Congratulations, now you have insight as to why atheists reject your god as well.

We do not doubt that you truely believe what you claim. What we doubt is your perception of reality.

Brian, 

I'm not trying to patronize, manipulate, flatter you, wag my tail or whatever, so get off of it.    I think you had some canned crap response from another place and time you tried to serve up there.  I just said hi Brian which happens to be the name you've used.  If I was trying to be your friend you wouldn't realize it anyway.   

I think you edited something though from your original response.  At first I remember reading a partial answer you gave to why atheists don't state anything they are absolutely sure of because they don't have anything they are absolutely sure of.  You gave a reason for that, admitted it, whatever.  I came back then to your post and you had edited it out?  Right?  You cleaned it out of your 5 star hotel.  You came to the river and the river was dry then it was as if you never came to no river that never was so it was like, "make me disappear or off with your head" - "who said that?" 

I thought it was a little refreshing that you admitted you don't know anything for sure, kinda faith like.  Kinda honest like.  But you jerked it back didn't you.  Are you ashamed of that fact - that may be the only thing that you really know BTW, that you don't know anything.  Now, we came over on different ships but we're in the same boat on that - except I have faith in God snd Jesus and you have faith in your speculation and speculative party-going, kazoo blowing "faith in selfers" - who fool themselves by not saying it's actually faith - themselves being the object of said faith, themselves being the god of their own acclaimed glory, in this case the god made a mistake?  

That's one problem I don't have with my GOD.  HE doesn't make any mistakes.  My job is to know that and adjust to it.   

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Nope not canned at all. Theists think we only go after their particular claim, but we go after everyone including each other. I think you should know that considering you have been here so long.

Now if you really think I am singling you out, or only believers out, I will use the same argument I used on you, that I have used on an atheist si fi wooer.

This atheist's claim was that string theory proved the existence of "souls". This is simply Star Trek si fi version of an afterlife. This was a real argument I ran into made by another athiest, and this was my response.

Now see if you can spot the pattern.

1. String theory proves the existence of "souls"

2. String theory proves the existence of "Allah"

3. String theory proves the existence of "Vishnu"

4. String theory proves the existence of "invisible pink unicorns"

Certainly you would be right in rejecting all those claims, wouldn't you?

It really does not take much to figure out if there is something to a claim. All you have to do is take your same argument and apply other's claims to tht same argument. If you are not willing to buy others claims when they use the same argument you use , then the argument is personal, and cannot be used in a universal mannor.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
@ fonzie I'm the one who

@ fonzie

I'm the one who said that, not Brian.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
DEMOLITION WENT WELL - JUST WRONG HOUSE...

Vastet wrote:
@ fonzie I'm the one who said that, not Brian.

Ok, sorry Brian and you Vas probably didn't edit it either...

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
STRING OUT WAZOO

Brian37 wrote:

Nope not canned at all. Theists think we only go after their particular claim, but we go after everyone including each other. I think you should know that considering you have been here so long.

Now if you really think I am singling you out, or only believers out, I will use the same argument I used on you, that I have used on an atheist si fi wooer.

This atheist's claim was that string theory proved the existence of "souls". This is simply Star Trek si fi version of an afterlife. This was a real argument I ran into made by another athiest, and this was my response.

It really does not take much to figure out if there is something to a claim. All you have to do is take your same argument and apply other's claims to tht same argument. If you are not willing to buy others claims when they use the same argument you use , then the argument is personal, and cannot be used in a universal mannor.

Brian (not a greeting)

I looked up the string theory thing and I would add that if you pull the string tight enough - it's straight.

I've been to Vishnu Springs BTW - the water which used to sell at real money hype rates now you can have el freebo if you can stomach it.  You might start your own personal string theory.

And I don't think you're singling me out really Brian and wouldn't care if you did.  Like you say we're all adults here at the crazy 8 hotel "waitin' on the last train."  You can't give what you don't have...      

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

And they marvelled at all the effort and thought the Troll put into Its words,

And could not help but feed It more....

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Brian (not a greeting)

I looked up the string theory thing and I would add that if you pull the string tight enough - it's straight.

I've been to Vishnu Springs BTW - the water which used to sell at real money hype rates now you can have el freebo if you can stomach it.  You might start your own personal string theory.

And I don't think you're singling me out really Brian and wouldn't care if you did.  Like you say we're all adults here at the crazy 8 hotel "waitin' on the last train."  You can't give what you don't have...      

Ok so if you know I am not singling you out, instead of complaining about my tactic, actually focus on it and be brave in applying that logic to your own claims.

You have rightfully rejected the god claims of others. Take those other  god claims and insert them into the justifications you make for holding your own positions to see if it still holds water.

Just like you don't buy someone qoting the Koran to prove Allah. They say "it works for me" too. If you cant, or are unwilling to do that then you are being intellectually insecure and willfully ignorant.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:And they

zarathustra wrote:

And they marvelled at all the effort and thought the Troll put into Its words,

And could not help but feed It more....

And the censor troll was truly wicked. He wanted to deprive people from having any voice at all, regardless of what they said or why. He was the epitome of everything every reasonable person hates, for he hated free speech. Unfortunately for him, he was on a site that embraced free speech, so his shrill whining was ignored and his attempts to censor people who contributed more to the site than himself fell on deaf ears.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
MAYBE I MISSED YOUR BIG ANSWER

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Brian (not a greeting)

Ok so if you know I am not singling you out, instead of complaining about my tactic, actually focus on it and be brave in applying that logic to your own claims.

You have rightfully rejected the god claims of others. Take those other  god claims and insert them into the justifications you make for holding your own positions to see if it still holds water.

Just like you don't buy someone qoting the Koran to prove Allah. They say "it works for me" too. If you cant, or are unwilling to do that then you are being intellectually insecure and willfully ignorant.

Brian,

I've sorted out the false gods (including myself) and found the Real One.  To me it's a stark contrast.  None of the other stuff is The Master's Voice, not even close.  

My experiment however doesn't interfere with yours; but know that... the heart knows its own bitterness - and no stranger shares its joy.  You can freely choose... then eventually find out if what you've invested in is treasure or mirage.

And where has your logic brought you?  You haven't indicated that you've found anything great yet - maybe I missed it. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Brian (not a greeting)

Brian,

I've sorted out the false gods (including myself) and found the Real One.  To me it's a stark contrast.  None of the other stuff is The Master's Voice, not even close.  

My experiment however doesn't interfere with yours; but know that... the heart knows its own bitterness - and no stranger shares its joy.  You can freely choose... then eventually find out if what you've invested in is treasure or mirage.

And where has your logic brought you?  You haven't indicated that you've found anything great yet - maybe I missed it. 

No you did not "sort out" you looked for excuses. Don't feel bad, they all do it.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHEN YOU HAVE NO ANSWER FOR LIFE - THROW UP A DISTRACTION

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Brian (not a greeting)

Brian,

No you did not "sort out" you looked for excuses. Don't feel bad, they all do it.

Brian,

It's not a matter of "feelings" which change like weather.  It's spiritual awakening and new birth by the Light of the Spirit of God.  The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD searching all his innermost parts.  I was sick, cried out the the LORD and the LORD healed me.  

And still - speaking of throwing up distractions - you haven't brought out your "wonderful find through scientific logic" to the table for all to see.  There's a reason for that:  you haven't found squat.  I have offered and described - as to a blind man the DAWN - the Son of God yet you cherish the problem you don't want solved and add this crowning sin to your name: that of rejecting Jesus the LORD, the Messiah.  It's the sin of unbelief.  You believe in yourself and those who embellish your enthronement with like mind.  I don't believe in you, your friends or your false gods or your empty answers to emptiness.  

Like you say, 'it really doesn't take much to see if there's something to a claim'.  ~ Follow the string of their argument.  >If it's connected to nothing - there's nothing there.<  In fact, you haven't connected, have no string to follow, no benchmark for reference - and nothing to hook to on either end...

There's no twang to your string Bri < (disclaimer:  not a greeting nor salutation)

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Tim Horton, undoubtedly distraught over being sold into servitude (or perhaps just delirious from his own delicious coffee), mistakenly thought that free speech was under threat.  For the Troll remained perfectly free to spout lies and nonsense; as others remained free to denounce It.

But lo, Brian the 37th, renowned as the greatest Poet in all the land, strode forth to counter the regurgitations of the Troll, full of such effort and meaning.  

And they were well matched.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE PROJECTING OF PROJECTION AD HOMINEM

zarathustra wrote:

Tim Horton, undoubtedly distraught over being sold into servitude (or perhaps just delirious from his own delicious coffee), mistakenly thought that free speech was under threat.  For the Troll remained perfectly free to spout lies and nonsense; as others remained free to denounce It.

But lo, Brian the 37th, renowned as the greatest Poet in all the land, strode forth to counter the regurgitations of the Troll, full of such effort and meaning.  

And they were well matched.

Zara the terrible,

Projecting regurgitations "yuck" on whoever?

"poe" guy/gal Zara - ditty - terra?  really?    

"poe"

...would an original thought 

cause a stroke to the bloke?

would a thought cause a clot?

or make el "tin man" rot

out what assembler's forgot?    

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol. The irony, as zara

Lol. The irony, as zara feeds Fonzie himself.

Anyone who constantly and consistently protests against free speech is attempting to end free speech, whether they acknowledge it or not. Cognitive dissonence at work in the atheist troll.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY - IT IS US

Vastet wrote:
Lol. The irony, as zara feeds Fonzie himself. Anyone who constantly and consistently protests against free speech is attempting to end free speech, whether they acknowledge it or not. Cognitive dissonence at work in the atheist troll.

Vas,

It is a indescribible blessing this morning - drinking the LORD'S coffee - to walk out into the world God spoke into existence knowing the Bible is all true, being  surrounded by a "great cloud of witnesses" - Moses, Abraham, Samson, David, Boaz, Gideon.... etc.,  all alive and in the stands watching what God is doing in us.

Jesus has come and "showed us the Father", died for our sins, resurrected to an Indestructible Life, we who believe in Him having been "born anew" are "in Christ" and being pruned by the Vinedresser, the Father, the Great Physician have this resurrection Power at work in us.  They all (3) make their home in us - as we struggle to deny our corruptible nature and walk by the Spirit in the Presence of God in Christ - the "Life that is Life indeed", a transformation - thought - by - thought... fought in full battle attire with sword flashing.    

You are missing out Vas - (by - (your own) - choice of course).  You are your own worst enemy (unrecognized as such), and let me say frankly - a lousy god you do make - but... a potentially full fledged servant of God you could be if awakened to the Light of what may be termed "the dark side of love" which is love nevertheless and still a sealed mystery to you.  I think you reject the lovey dovey sedimental old grandfather crap being preached and miss the real thing which you could sink your teeth into... 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unfortunately this appears

Unfortunately this appears to have turned from an interesting discussion into a proselytization. I could easily say the same thing from the atheist perspective, but since you've been here so long it doesn't seem likely to accomplish anything.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
YOUR CLAIMS HAVE OVERLOADED YOUR CAPACITY TO DELIVER

Vastet wrote:
Unfortunately this appears to have turned from an interesting discussion into a proselytization. I could easily say the same thing from the atheist perspective, but since you've been here so long it doesn't seem likely to accomplish anything.

Vas,

It's not unfortunate at all.  Your RRSQ "welcome" has atheist proselyting ambitions all over the place - albeit it quickly reverts to the safe harbor of mockery of faith in God from behind the swamp filled jungle of atheist trees.  But your initial presentation is one of proselytization of your faith in the validity of your squad.

So, no, please do! - that would be a first! - for you or any other atheist to lay out what's so wonderful, true, insightful and instructive of the as yet undefined tenets of atheism.  

So lay out "what is" with the atheists.  What truths do you use to proselytize?  Like you said awhile back - you know nothing for sure - so is THAT what you invite candidates to be schooled in?  Does "nothing is sure" avoid liability of any responsibility of anybody for anything?  Just joining with the RRSQ ers'  wonderful world of "defending our empty position against those believers in God with riotous mockery"?     

Ignorance of spiritual things BTW is the most hazardous form of ignorance to hit the road of life with - and ignorance is expensive anyway.  

You say you "could easily say the same thing from the atheist perspective"??? - maybe you didn't think that one through???  I don't think you have ANY working atheist approach to--- life, death, everyday upbeat motivation, conscience, peace, friendship, stability, world perspective, origin and destiny, or purpose of life... 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:It's not

Fonzie wrote:
It's not unfortunate at all.  Your RRSQ "welcome" has atheist proselyting ambitions all over the place

Not really, actually. Yes, we try to convert theists to atheism, but the RRS hasn't made a significant effort to reach out and challenge theists since around the time I joined the site. We let theists come to us, so we can proselytize the proselytizers.

Fonzie wrote:
albeit it quickly reverts to the safe harbor of mockery of faith in God from behind the swamp filled jungle of atheist trees.

This is one of the funniest things you've said.

Fonzie wrote:
So, no, please do! - that would be a first! - for you or any other atheist to lay out what's so wonderful, true, insightful and instructive of the as yet undefined tenets of atheism.

Actually I have done that multiple times. I'd bet a million bucks I've done so in this very topic. I encourage you to find it.

And that covers that.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE DEFINITION OF A BLACK HOLE

Vastet wrote:
Fonzie wrote:
It's not unfortunate at all.  Your RRSQ "welcome" has atheist proselyting ambitions all over the place
Not really, actually. Yes, we try to convert theists to atheism, but the RRS hasn't made a significant effort to reach out and challenge theists since around the time I joined the site. We let theists come to us, so we can proselytize the proselytizers.
Fonzie wrote:
albeit it quickly reverts to the safe harbor of mockery of faith in God from behind the swamp filled jungle of atheist trees.
This is one of the funniest things you've said.
Fonzie wrote:
Actually I have done that multiple times. I'd bet a million bucks I've done so in this very topic. I encourage you to find it. And that covers that.

Vas,

Ok, I'll start looking for it

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ULTIMATE DO IT YOURSELFER

Vastet wrote:
Fonzie wrote:
Actually I have done that multiple times. I'd bet a million bucks I've done so in this very topic. I encourage you to find it. And that covers that.

Vas,

Well I think I've scanned every one of your posts except for the last few.  

You came on early with your "i am a god" thing, then left for quite a while before your second coming.  

You are the ultimate "do it yourselfer" I think in the "roar like god" competition;  

with ultimate control over yourself -

(so what if you and other atheists don't have a plan that connects with where we came from or where we are going.???)  

THE POINT  IS REJECTING YOUR (my) PLAN AS irrational, illogical and ridiculous.  That's it.)  #3509

Life is.  

Death is.  

Enjoy yourself without hurting others.  

Interact with people.  

Your influence and ideas live on through them.  

If in trouble, just ask another person (not a theist!) for help.  

I don't fear death,

have been close 4 times  

I don't want to live forever

I might get bored.  

Live every day as if it's your last. 

Well Vas,  

I might have missed something you've come up with but it wasn't my intention.  I guess I was wrong - you've laid it all out and this works for you... but not for me.   ...wouldn't take eternity for me to get bored with this approach.    

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
In my experience, theists

In my experience, theists don't recognise anything that doesn't conform with their preconceptions. Ironically you mentioned some of the things that are so great about abandoning religion, showing my experience is correct. I could write a book about it, and you could read it and still not understand. Your mind is closed to the possibilities unlocked by abandoning religion.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
PRECONCEPTIONARY PERPETUAL PURPOSEFUL UNCONSCIOUSNESS

Vastet wrote:
In my experience, theists don't recognise anything that doesn't conform with their preconceptions. Ironically you mentioned some of the things that are so great about abandoning religion, showing my experience is correct. I could write a book about it, and you could read it and still not understand. Your mind is closed to the possibilities unlocked by abandoning religion.

Vas,

No wonder you thought the things I listed were GREAT  from your point of view - they are from the notes I took from your comments!!!  They're not what I think or believe at all!!!    Ironically you were reading your own beliefs  and missed youself in them because I was the one listing them (to your preconceptions).  

I wonder if you even recognize yourself in your own comment above - or if you are (ironically) closed to your own lack of understanding and the possibilities that coud be unlocked with faith in Christ. 

Life in Christ IS true freedom from the deadness of ceremony and (supposed) self - righteousness.  Rightly understood walking by faith in Christ IS abandonment of religion - but the house is not left empty and unfurnished.  It's filled with the Light of Life and Knowledge of the Word of God.  

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:No wonder you

Fonzie wrote:
No wonder you thought the things I listed were GREAT  from your point of view - they are from the notes I took from your comments!!!  They're not what I think or believe at all!!!    Ironically you were reading your own beliefs  and missed youself in them because I was the one listing them (to your preconceptions).  

Apparently your reading comprehension and your ability to analyse information is very poor. You actually think I didn't recognise my own views? You really think I don't know you don't agree with them? Ironically, you just made a fool of yourself. Lol

Life in your religion is denial of reality in favour of fantasy. It is the epitome of arrogant ignorance, false self-righteousness, and the abandonment of all meaning. The light of knowledge can only be obtained through science and reason, not mythological foolishness.

And I'm still ignoring the troll.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Once again it was revealed that the "interesting discussion" had been nothing but prosletyzation, 

Once again, the feeding cycle promptly renewed, with the Troll demanding the same answers It had already been given.

And once again, it was quite easy to...

Quote:
 Ironically, you just made a fool of yourself.
Jesus told us we would be called fools for believing, so you are simply fulfilling scripture.

Quote:
Life in your religion is denial of reality in favour of fantasy.
Life in christ is full of candy and sparkles and other cool stuff.  Your long shopping list of things "great about abandoning religion" doesn't work for me.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
TOUCHY INDEED - THE MYTH OF MYTHS STILL A MYTH UNREVEALED

Vastet wrote:
Fonzie wrote:
Apparently your reading comprehension and your ability to analyse information is very poor. You actually think I didn't recognise my own views? You really think I don't know you don't agree with them? Ironically, you just made a fool of yourself. Lol Life in your religion is denial of reality in favour of fantasy. It is the epitome of arrogant ignorance, false self-righteousness, and the abandonment of all meaning. The light of knowledge can only be obtained through science and reason, not mythological foolishness. And I'm still ignoring the troll.

Vas, 

But where are the results of your scientific research, reality-based reason and reading comprehension?  What you have given in all your many-splendored posts  is only what I heard at first grade orientation and it was boring then and proved useless.  

So instead of bringing your results (which have yet to be discovered, revealed or demonstrated) you revert to what we can all know for a fried balogna sandwitch - your disdain for my faith in Christ.  THAT HAS been made clear.  

What you have found in your position of being your own god hasn't.  In fact it remains a "touchy" mystery.  Touchy, touchy...   

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Vastet

Fonzie wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Fonzie wrote:
Apparently your reading comprehension and your ability to analyse information is very poor. You actually think I didn't recognise my own views? You really think I don't know you don't agree with them? Ironically, you just made a fool of yourself. Lol Life in your religion is denial of reality in favour of fantasy. It is the epitome of arrogant ignorance, false self-righteousness, and the abandonment of all meaning. The light of knowledge can only be obtained through science and reason, not mythological foolishness. And I'm still ignoring the troll.

Vas, 

But where are the results of your scientific research, reality-based reason and reading comprehension?  What you have given in all your many-splendored posts  is only what I heard at first grade orientation and it was boring then and proved useless.  

So instead of bringing your results (which have yet to be discovered, revealed or demonstrated) you revert to what we can all know for a fried balogna sandwitch - your disdain for my faith in Christ.  THAT HAS been made clear.  

What you have found in your position of being your own god hasn't.  In fact it remains a "touchy" mystery.  Touchy, touchy...   

Fonzie, there is not one atheist here, including me, who would not accept your claims if you proved them. We will glady accept ANY claim on any, subject when evidence produces itself. So all you, or anyone else with another pet diety claim has to do, is test their god claims in a neutral lab, get their findings peer reviewed by outsiders with no horse in the race, and beat everyone to the patent office and win a Nobel Prize.

"It works for me" means the same when others claim it too.

"Allah works for me"

"Yaheweh works for me"

"Vishnu works for me"

"Buddha works for me"

"Scientology works for me"

Blah blah blah blah blah............Get in line take a number.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:But where are

Fonzie wrote:
But where are the results of your scientific research, reality-based reason and reading comprehension? What you have given in all your many-splendored posts  is only what I heard at first grade orientation and it was boring then and proved useless.  

Look who's talking. You've not revealed anything to support your false beliefs. You can deny the evidence against your god all you like, even get emotional and 'touchy' in the process (your frustration is obvious, as your use of English degrades in concert with your frustration), but it doesn't change the facts. Your god is a lie. I've demonstrated that personally multiple times, and dozens of others have as well.

It's long past time you accepted reality and stepped into the light.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Your view of yourself after years of visting the board Fonz ?

Hmmm,  Curious . .

Is any of your expectations about all this perhaps sometimes it may happen unknowingly to you yourself ? 

The Biblical canon is a specific set of writings . . It says things like the following ::

The Epistle to the Romans, Ch  III

There is none who understands;
   There is none who seeks after God.
   They have all turned aside;
   Destruction and misery are in their ways;
   And the way of peace they have not known.

The Biblical canon is a specific set of writings . . It says things like the following ::

The Letters to the church Corinth

'' . . the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ ; who is the image of God..

For man did not come from woman, but woman from man''

So,  Tell me  what your real frustration is then ?!?   Tell me !

To  ::  0P

There are men Too Gentle to live among Wolves, whether a given choice between alternatives or a way forward is presented or not! Hmmm, Does it regard any of the board's wayward souls or not, then ?

- -   - -

Fonz  --  How do you view yourself or what is the view of yourself, after years of visting the board Fonzie ?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE EXPERIENCE OF DEBATING THE ATHEISTIC NOTHINGNESS

danatemporary wrote:

Hmmm,  Curious . .

Is any of your expectations about all this perhaps sometimes it may happen unknowingly to you yourself ? 

The Epistle to the Romans, Ch  III

There is none who understands;
   There is none who seeks after God.
   They have all turned aside;
   Destruction and misery are in their ways;
   And the way of peace they have not known.

The Letters to the church Corinth

'' . . the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ ; who is the image of God..

For man did not come from woman, but woman from man''

So,  Tell me  what your real frustration is then ?!?   Tell me !

To  ::  0P

There are men Too Gentle to live among Wolves, whether a given choice between alternatives or a way forward is presented or not! Hmmm, Does it regard any of the board's wayward souls or not, then ?

- -   - -

Fonz  --  How do you view yourself or what is the view of yourself, after years of visting the board Fonzie ?

DT,

I view myself as puzzled when it comes to most of  your posts but I'm going to take a shot at a venture on this. 

("Is any of your expectations about all this perhaps sometimes it may happen unknowingly to you yourself?) (DT)

I don't know what you mean by this but if you mean was I lost and did I have to be found - yes.  Do I have sin and need to repent and ask forgiveness daily - yes.  

("So,  Tell me what your real frustration is then ?!?  Tell me!)  (DT)

I'm not frustrated but rather fulfilled living in the Presence of God in Christ.  

("There are men too gentle to live among wolves whether a given choice between alternatives or a way forward is presented or not Hmmm,  does it regard any of the board's wayward souls or not, then? )  (DT)

Well, again this isn't a clear question to me.  If you're asking whether atheists upset me the answer is no.  It's just interesting atheists don't have anything to debate in what is unproven and unadmitted to be their faith.  They like to keep the spotlight on the fact that my argument stands on faith which I admit.  The fact is; the atheist' nothingness stands on faith too: but it is unadmitted and remains undefined and unclearly described.  

The atheist position is unproven nothingness - faith in faithlessness - unadmitted emptiness - darkness described as light - ignorance described as knowledge - speculation described as understanding - low down impersonating high up.    

Fonz, How do you view yourself or what is the view of yourself after years of visiting the board Fonzie?  (DT)

Well DT, I view myself as a clay vessel with a treasure inside that is transforming me.  My outer tent is getting old and has some gaps and tears, but my inner nature is being renewed and updated constantly by the Light and Life within.  I am fulfilled, empowered, encouraged and strengthened by the LORD Who is transforming me.  I suit up with the helmet of salvation, the shield of faith, the belt of truth, the shoes of the gospel, the sword of The Spirit and the breastplate of Christ's Righteousness.  Then I fight one thought at a time, taking it captive and duckwalking it to be checked out by the Word of God.  I view alertness to be more valuable than strength - I'm not strong myself so I aim to be alert and on guard so things don't develop.  I try to keep weeds pulled so good things can grow - I know not how they grow.  

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THREE DOORS A B C

ZT,

Well, I guess one answer would be it would take several lifetimes to get even a proposed plan outlined by the atheists but we only have one so there is some urgency.  

Another answer is that you probably believe yourself - and if you are honest (using the term ever so loosly) you know you yourself are inconsistent and have represented yourself in different contradictory ways at times so you should consider believing me enough to check out the truth.  

The third is:  is your name actually Zarathustra?  (BTW my name isn't either Meph or Fonz)  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
My enemy my fool My enemy had done this

re  ::  My enemy my fool My enemy had done this

You like many or working a raw nerve here . . .

Dazzling omens or portents of glorious arrives yet to come, not designed to deceive or lead astray

View Image --

Caption :: Like in this image seems, it is an exploration and in which an honest help, especially to prepare us for what was to come?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's completely absurdly preposterous, it's a clear question>

That's completely absurdly preposterous, it's a clear question>

If you wish upon a star, makes not difference who you are . . ???

Sorry, if I am bugging anyone here or if this is entirely SUPERFLUOUS .. however :

Quote:
. . In different contradictory ways
Fonz wrote:
(paraphrased) . . you 're unclear in what you are asking me . .

re :: That's completely absurdly preposterous, it a clear question >

It's directed and aimed at you, seeing you've had this thread a relatively long time now, remember ?
 I asked 'how' 'you' a very clear question, indeed. We are often are unconcerned about how someone else’s perception of us even is. I can begin to appreciate this. Do not come across as dense or witless in acting as if I wasnt being clear, K? Granted, My question is a deceptively simple one and in no way "unclear", so please do not suggest otherwise. The real inquiry was how do you perceive yourself?  In terms of the particular traits and features of what your fundamental core is. Further, What you are hoping to have happen? This is the starting the analysis of self from a deep self-introspection. If you walked a mile another's moccasins -- how would you see yourself, then?  The entire premise hinges the ability self-introspection and to gage how my personal actions will affects others and those around me ? Not only how one presents one self but how we choice to interact with other and those around me, too. The reality of this, will also make a difference on what  potentialities are  likely to happen.

Frankly, You are almost hitting a raw nerve with me in suggesting it is not clear. I clearly pointed out some scripture verses, that you can infer much from (which in my case you can't always infer much from anything I have posted, per se; especially seeing I've been falsely accused of a lot of things over many months, based solely on something I was simply quoting!! Over if I agree with another user, somehow I must be using a Sock Puppet or something. Plus, That is simply a cop out, in most cases. You didnt specify enough, therefore, I dont know how I want you to answer the question.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Holy shit.

Holy shit.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh my stars and garters!

Oh my stars and garters!    It is an unavoidability because of the whole of this thread designate its' posts are not to be taken serious

Oh my stars and garters!

Hey,  You and I can all be better than that. C'mon!! It is an unavoidable because of the whole of this thread is unfortunately designate that its' posts are not to be taken serious(-ly). That just what it's all about, at this point. One day  most, which are nameable, just for whatever reason stop talking altogether; and with all that stopping with any talking, they just chose to stay clear altogether. Sorry, It happens, I guess then.  And, Sorry to break it to everyone, honey. It gives the impression of being predominantly negative .. But, At this point pretty much everyone is not taking this thread  seriously any longer, oh well then; EVIDENTLY other than  two people  in this whole forum.  But at this point Fonzie has a very long history with pretty much everyone on the board.

Oh, FYI,  I have been MORE than a little guilty of  periodically  spamming Fonz's particular thread and using it as a bulletin board, but I do freely admit to that though . . .   Sorry  Fonzie (sad). 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7UWIPd3QBI {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7UWIPd3QBI}

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1207/screenshot12le.jpg

p.s.  --  "Good night Mrs. Calabash wherever you are"

(( EDIT ::  Edited,  Tiny Edit  & only  URL of image added ))

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
HAVE IT AND HAVE ON

Vastet wrote:
Fonzie wrote:
But where are the results of your scientific research, reality-based reason and reading comprehension? What you have given in all your many-splendored posts  is only what I heard at first grade orientation and it was boring then and proved useless.   So instead of bringing your results (which have yet to be discovered, revealed or demonstrated) you revert to what we can all know for a fried balogna sandwitch - your disdain for my faith in Christ.  THAT HAS been made clear.   What you have found in your position of being your own god hasn't.  In fact it remains a "touchy" mystery.  Touchy, touchy...   
Look who's talking. You've not revealed anything to support your false beliefs. You can deny the evidence against your god all you like, even get emotional and 'touchy' in the process (your frustration is obvious, as your use of English degrades in concert with your frustration), but it doesn't change the facts. Your god is a lie. I've demonstrated that personally multiple times, and dozens of others have as well. It's long past time you accepted reality and stepped into the light.

VAS,

My claims are supported by knowing that I am in Christ and Christ in me.  It's an ongoing living proof.  As for Light - He is The Light.  I don't know what you call light but it is something other than what Light is, because you don't accept Christ.  Yet wisdom is justified by all her children.

As far as Reality goes - all things were created through Christ and for Him and in Him all things hold together.  You don't accept Christ so you have come up with a counterfeit reality.  I don't know what your reality is but it's your reality not mine.  You can have it.

As far as emotions - emotions are like weather.  I don't pay a lot of attention to them.  Jesus is The Rock - rock is different than weather.  I'm building on The Rock and in the weather good or bad.  The Plan is His.  I like it.  Everything fits.  

The outer tent is wasting away but my inner man is being renewed constantly in Him.  I'm getting more alive inside as I get more dead outside.  This is going somewhere good.  

I am working on my eternal house with the Master Builder.  I submit to His Ideas, His methods, His Plan.  It's fun, satisfying to get someplace and like where it's going.  There's no end to getting to know Christ - this in itself is a taste of eternity.  You said you have no desire to live forever (I take that to mean atheist life is not very satisfying which I would agree to from observation).  I am looking forward to finding out new things about Jesus Christ for eternity.  He never bores me.  

Sad reality - atheists do.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:My claims are

Fonzie wrote:
My claims are supported by knowing that I am in Christ and Christ in me.  It's an ongoing living proof.

No. You believe. You don't know. And you have no proof.

Fonzie wrote:
 As for Light - He is The Light.

No. Science and reason is the light. Mythology is the darkness.

Fonzie wrote:
 I don't know what you call light but it is something other than what Light is, because you don't accept Christ.  Yet wisdom is justified by all her children.

Quite backwards.

Fonzie wrote:
As far as Reality goes - all things were created through Christ and for Him and in Him all things hold together. You don't accept Christ so you have come up with a counterfeit reality.

Nope.

Fonzie wrote:
I don't know what your reality is but it's your reality not mine.  You can have it.

"My" reality is reality. You can have it to. Just let go of the lies.

Fonzie wrote:
As far as emotions - emotions are like weather.  I don't pay a lot of attention to them.  Jesus is The Rock - rock is different than weather.  I'm building on The Rock and in the weather good or bad.  The Plan is His.  I like it.  Everything fits.

The outer tent is wasting away but my inner man is being renewed constantly in Him.  I'm getting more alive inside as I get more dead outside.  This is going somewhere good.

Nonsensical.

Fonzie wrote:
I am working on my eternal house with the Master Builder.  I submit to His Ideas, His methods, His Plan.

No, you're following the beliefs written by ancient and primitive people who's beliefs have had a decidedly negative overall impact on human development. Humans are the master builders. We're so good at it that we even built your god.

Fonzie wrote:
You said you have no desire to live forever (I take that to mean atheist life is not very satisfying which I would agree to from observation).

Clearly you have no appreciation for the concept of 'forever'. I wouldn't mind being able to live for thousands or even millions of years. But at some point you'll have nothing left to do. You'll have done and experienced everything there is to do and experience. You'll know everything there is to know. And then life will become exceptionally boring. Only a fool who hasn't thought things through would want to live forever.

In b4 the troll, who is still being ignored.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Troll, having dodged the question nine and twenty times, answered finally...and yet did not answer:

1. Meph wrote:
    Well, I guess one answer would be it would take several lifetimes to get even a proposed plan outlined by the atheists but we only have one so there is some urgency.
  2. Fonz wrote:
    Another answer is that you probably believe yourself - and if you are honest (using the term ever so loosly) you know you yourself are inconsistent and have represented yourself in different contradictory ways at times so you should consider believing me enough to check out the truth.
  3. Fonz (who lied about not being Meph) wrote:
    The third is: is your name actually Zarathustra? (BTW my name isn't either Meph or Fonz)

None of these dodges actually answered,

Yet while the Troll fled in fright from the wrathful Dana, it was still quite easy...

Quote:
I believe because I know.  jesus is the proof, and you have no proof because you don't have jesus.

Quote:
No. jesus is the light, and the reason.  Science which denies  the truth of jesus is mythology.

Quote:
"My" reality is reality. You can have it to[sic]. Just let go of the lies.
god's reality is reality.  You can have it too.  Just let go of Nothing and embrace jesus.

In before the troll-feeder(s)

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ATHEISTS' SEARCH IN VAIN FOR A CLEAR ETERNAL THOUGHT

Vastet wrote:

My "knowing" is built on faith in the Scriptures - yes - Jesus said 'in that day you will know that I am in you and you in Me'.  We are constructed spiritually such that we can know this or Jesus wouldn't have said it.  Your answer has no proof OR promise from God.  It's based only on your hopeless wandering imagination

Vastet wrote:

That's your faith and your idol - and you have nothing beyond speculation that you're right.  You worship the creation rather than The Creator.    

Vastet wrote:
Clearly you have no appreciation for the concept of 'forever'. I wouldn't mind being able to live for thousands or even millions of years. But at some point you'll have nothing left to do. You'll have done and experienced everything there is to do and experience. You'll know everything there is to know. And then life will become exceptionally boring. Only a fool who hasn't thought things through would want to live forever.

In contrast I have a great appreciation for "forever" and I'm looking forward to it.  Jesus Christ is "eternal life" - and since I have Christ Living in me I'm already tasting the heavenly gift of eternal life.  You on the other hand have a lousy view of eternal life - listening to your own CD's over an over which aren't even hits and don't go anywhere.  You can have the abundant life too - but you'll have to give up all your empty ideas and get your eternally boring and powerless rear end off the throne.  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(?) What are you accusing this chappy of . . (Question)

Re :: (?) What are you accusing this chappy of . . ?

So he will uncritically accept axiomatic tenets, without investigating the matter for himself, that is what youre accusing him of ? Independent streak or made into an ''Idol'' ???

Might help if you actually quoted him instead of projecting on to him things . . “mayhap” ?

Fonzie wrote:
. .your idol - and you have nothing beyond speculation

Expanded quote . . .

Fonzie wrote:

Vastet wrote:

That's your faith and your idol - and you have nothing beyond speculation  . . You worship the creation rather than The Creator.

A unique initiative of that magnitude . . well that's good .. however,  does it matter if you mislabel what is or isnt considered a 'idol' ??? 

>  Couple of verses about 'Idols', within the sacred texts of the christian bible ,  in the following :

Colossians III: 5--(KJV)-Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, impurity, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:  2 Corinthians X--(English Translation)-We are destroying speculations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive . .1 Corinthians VI: 9-10--(NKJV)-Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, .. nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom. .1 Corinthians X:18-22--(NASB)-Look at the nation Israel; are not those who eat the sacrifices sharers in the altar?  What do I (the writer) mean then? That a thing sacrificed to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything?  No, but I say that the things which the nations sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons ..; and do you want to become sharers in demons?  You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons;  Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? We are not stronger than Him, well, are we?

What prompted this has nothing to do with anything either of your two's comments of this thread or this thread or anything of the exchange in this thread. It very really is prompted by

Evidently increased  reverse PERSECUTION  against  non-Christian  "sacred texts"

As  I  warned  you  not to have anything to do with  any so-called brother  who reads other religion's sacred literature ( ridicule very intended ).  But, Any of us should be careful because you or I would by no means want in anyway to "wound their weak conscience" That caveat to serve as reminder to myself most of all. Apparently some off site are actually trying to  coerce people into  manufactured menaces of what ? Of other religion's texts.

Evidently increased reverse persecution against non-Christian sacred texts of the nations' religions/non-Christian religions, hmm!!