It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Everything's exactly where it should be, except us (yes) ..

Re :: ''Everything's exactly where it should be, except us (yes) ..'' ¬ SciFi  Mirror, Mirror

Twins ?

Gal. 4

22 For it is written that Abram had two sons: the one of the bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic.

. . TO WILL AND TO DO (?) ?

Proverbs 3 "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of your hand to do so."

Exclusive to this Thread (only and exclusive to this one).   Certainly,   not entirely,  naturally.

deliberate untruthfulness wrote:
Says . . The Times They Are A-Changin'

Name that tune, from YouTube covers, I'd guess one of two Bob Dylan songs he quoted from in his own (that's Fonz's) Subject-line :

Quote:
THE TIMES THEY TRULY ARE - BUT... CHANGING AS WELL

The Times They Are A-Changin' (Bob Dylan's song) .. Lyrics "For the times they are a-changin'" ..''Come mothers and fathers throughout the land. And don't criticize [now] what you can't understand..''

-- - - --

But It is good to be zealous in a good thing.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
An aside from the Other Thread (StarTrek Themed)

Subjectline :: An aside from the Other Thread (StarTrek Themed)

*The Problem of Evil Solved? | The Rational Response Squad 

In it, their other Thread, it's staring off having more to do with 'Evil' surmisings (biblical reference).. (Evil surmisings (triple meaning))

re::  Then having pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

1 Timothy 6:3

New King James Version (NKJV)
Error and Greed

3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness ..he is proud knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings  Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth

James 4:17

17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

Gravitas --

Star Trek Voyager :: Gravitas  (Star Trek: Voyager) 

Vulcans are a deep contradiction in terms. Nothing shows this better than a re-run of the episode entitled Gravitas (Voyager). In it, We have the story of Tuvok, The Doctor, Tom Paris and "Noss", the woman, finding themselves in untypical circumstances and surroundings surviving stranded in a climate lacking the abundence of rain and barren rock, we find them. The Subplot or more aptly the story within the story is Noss, on the the tiny band, ends up spending so much time with the Vulcan Tuvok, "Noss develops an attraction" to Tuvok (in this case the male). He initially ignores the attraction due to an incident with another female years ago that forced him to retreat to a Vulcan master in an attempt to purge his emotions", these things were found in their teens" she ends up falling in love. The lack of mutual attraction angers Noss. Problem is each could be actually very genuinely thankful  for all the mistrust and suspicions (in their case on 'both' sides),  because it allows for a rare opertunity for a ready way to personal growth, mist all the misunderstandings. The problem wholely stems from Noss doesn't understand what Vulcan's are like and is working off a wrong set of assumptions, with this young gal (always); What can you do ?

-- -- --

Indian philosophy and Medevil European thought subscribes to Man as a "microcosm" "of the universe"

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Details .. details

> http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15282?page=71

King James Version (NKJV) ... Of these things we cannot now speak in detail.

Need that tenacity; determination; and resilience  without the undue frustration(s)

re:: Need that tenacity; determination; and resilience  without the undue frustration(s)

It's still all good, it is good for the heart to be established 

Caption reads: I'm Really Glad You're Here

I can only say with confidence  it's coming right up.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE SHIP TO NEVER NEVER-LAND

You work at it profusely

Avoid it obtusely

Shoot down every star

To defend where you are

As if you are somewhere

And going nowhere is ok

Things moving and shaking

And going your way

Friends comfort the lie

Are made to be crew

On the ship to never-never-land

Sitting still in the dew

Working together as if swift sailing on

The captain of lies throws lying snares

Fake scenery, fake movement, fake everything

On the ship to neverland, going nowhere

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
↑ Who's in the Army now (question mark) ?

↑  As the angels said, '' Do not look here '' fore (fore) [.. a Troll need not a bridge apparently. Lol!!] A 'Who Done it ?' ? Every post further proves as you've shown, as it's presumed, some people have no idea what's going on. What have you caught ?  It's still all good. Okay! We can work with that. As is heard in every christian forum and christian online messageboard in cyberspace .. 'trust', considering the outcome.

OP wrote:
.. though there is mystery..

( From an English translation of the holy bible )

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

27 For the Lord of hosts has planned, and who can frustrate it? And as for His stretched-out hand, who can turn it back?''   ¬
 Isaiah 14:27

p.s. -- Ephesians 5:4c  - Neither foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: Faith in

Fonzie wrote:

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

Hi Guys... I'm back

Cool

I'm pretty sure I've already replied to this thread a few years ago, but I have no idea what I said then, so I'll just jump in here and start over.

Fonzie: I know exactly what you are describing, been there, done that. It's called a Feel-Good Switch. Mine was turned on "at a certain point," just like you. Then I decided to turn it off. And guess what? In reality, Nothing changed. What did change, was the constant imaginary, delusional, self-induced feeling of euphoria that was preventing me from fully experiencing life.

And you know what else? I know for a fact that I can easily turn it right back on if I wanted to. But even as bad as the past six months have been for me, I'm not the least bit tempted to go down that path again. Religion is a habit, an addiction, no different from smoking, drinking, over-eating, or drug abuse - they all are a means to satisfy cravings that can't be satisfied.

Call me stupid, but I prefer the harsh reality of truth to the stupor of delusion.

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Sandy had not visited the Troll's lair for many moons (and a handful of asteroids).  She perhaps had not read the Chronicles where the Troll admitted to its dishonesty (after an infinite+ number of dodges), nor Its more recent surrender as "The Biggest Loser", for she had come ready with fresh scraps to feed It.

Still, it would not take her long to see that it was quite easy to duplicate the Troll:

Quote:
I know exactly what you are describing, been there, done that. It's called a Feel-Good Switch. Mine was turned on "at a certain point," just like you. Then I decided to turn it off. And guess what? In reality, Nothing changed. What did change, was the constant imaginary, delusional, self-induced feeling of euphoria that was preventing me from fully experiencing life.  And you know what else? I know for a fact that I can easily turn it right back on if I wanted to.

We experience life in darkness.  jesus is the light in that darkness, and only god can flip the switch.  We can choose to fly towards the light like moths, or turn away and stay blind like bats.

Quote:
Religion is a habit, an addiction, no different from smoking, drinking, over-eating, or drug abuse - they all are a means to satisfy cravings that can't be satisfied.

Sin is a habit, an addiction, no different from Lithium.  jesus is the cure, which satisfies our soul's craving for salvation.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:Sandy had

zarathustra wrote:

Sandy had not visited the Troll's lair for many moons (and a handful of asteroids).  She perhaps had not read the Chronicles where the Troll admitted to its dishonesty (after an infinite+ number of dodges), nor Its more recent surrender as "The Biggest Loser", for she had come ready with fresh scraps from her exotic 

Still, it would not take her long to see that it was quite easy to duplicate the Troll:

Quote:
I know exactly what you are describing, been there, done that. It's called a Feel-Good Switch. Mine was turned on "at a certain point," just like you. Then I decided to turn it off. And guess what? In reality, Nothing changed. What did change, was the constant imaginary, delusional, self-induced feeling of euphoria that was preventing me from fully experiencing life.  And you know what else? I know for a fact that I can easily turn it right back on if I wanted to.

We experience life in darkness.  jesus is the light in that darkness, and only god can flip the switch.  We can fly towards the light like moths, or turn away and stay blind like bats.

Quote:
Religion is a habit, an addiction, no different from smoking, drinking, over-eating, or drug abuse - they all are a means to satisfy cravings that can't be satisfied.

Sin is a habit, an addiction, no different from Lithium.  jesus is the cure, which satisfies our soul's craving for salvation.

Strange, the quoted portion of your reply wasn't visible in the thread - I only was able to see it when I clicked the "quote" reply button.

Were those quotes from Fonzie?

Spooky.

So, not being up to reading the past 3,000 posts, where are we now on this thread?

edit: I can see it in the thread now... must have been some kind of time warp.

Cool

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHAT DID YOU LEARN IN SCHOOL TODAY ?

Sandycane wrote:

So, not being up to reading the past 3,000 posts, where are we now on this thread?

Sand,

"atheists" have a worn out flag of ridicule, blasphemy and rejection of faith in God and God's Righteousness offered in Jesus' propitiation but are fooling themselves since they actually have faith (in themselves, the chorus of man's ideas, science, whatever) while denying they have faith at all; also becoming obvious is that beneath ridicule and blasphemy and rejection of the gospel they have produced nothing of substance to answer the questions of source and destiny and meaning of life - nor anything to power life in real time.  A few weakly supported things have been mentioned; such as, "help of fellow man" (without insight as to what true "help" would be - and how it would connect with the meaning and destiny of life).  So, the bottom line for the atheist is: we are supposed to be distracted by the wit front of atheist ridicule so we don't notice the emptiness of their position...

I have requested the substance of the atheist's position several times but beyond some jazzing around and a song and dance - it doesn't exist - and you all know it.  You could just be honest and say, "we just want to do what (we think) we want to do and make up our own thing, ignoring death, a standard of right and wrong, any thought of God or God Authority, conscience, the meaning of life" - that would be honest.  Instead the party of "how shall we attack faith in God now" continues.  Again, I have said forget faith in God as far as the atheist position - what is the atheist's view of where we came from, the meaning of life now, where we are going?  What fuels your energy everyday all day long to help your fellow man and how does this fit your perspective of life?  And where did you get this view - from yourself?  Is your faith in yourself?  Is it in something you read?  Did you hear it from your aunt Ruby?  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
RE:: R-e-s-p-e-c-t (THAT SPELLS Respect) ..

RE:: R-e-s-p-e-c-t  (THAT SPELLS Respect) ..

To:: Sir OP --

I have plans to be gone for a bit so I dont have time to give a response. Off board no need to get too upset. To the OP, Perhaps You feel the frustration you do because NOBODY respects you Mr Fonz. How ever could that have come about ?!?  You don't nor ever did own this board, Fonz! If you are not even willing to make general inquiries for yourself.  How could anyone take this seriously. I know there is a failure to communicate. Let's be honest, it's tricky and it can be confusing if you didnt know what came before and what came after. Remember, Each individual under Heaven has been given the right to decide for themselves whether .. and when to research, or choose not to check out a matter, especially if there are any contradictory or alleged discrepancies ; things are rarely as clear cut as they seem. It's possible you dont know enough to go by, yet here comes the pronouncements. In my case, not that it applies to me, but you being someone older, would be the last person I'd go to if I were tormented by a situation I always vowed I would never do, that is, Inside or outside my group  (I could say more but I am running out the door).

p.s. -- You're still not safe for people in general to interact with!  Oh, If you got a question for me about anything; here's a thought .. ask me directly, K? 

Unrelated  but very happy news Smiling Smiling Smiling

To DigitalBeachBum I truly wanted to send out a giant Mazel Tov and 10,000 more, and say to you personally what a giant encouragement you've been to me in the short time I've been here. All the more success to you.

F i n

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
..where are we now on this thread?

Sandy wrote:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15282?page=63 - http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/15282?page=73
 >

Exclusive to this thread, although things are rarely so. If you start in the middle of page = 63 to the current pag, Posted on: February 4, 2012 - 8:39am/9:39am by Fonz you start to find where he boldly suggests atheists have no platform, which illustrates a misunderstanding based on presumptions and stereotypying throughout.  And, which is odd because I dont think he ever bother to look-into the matter (I may be wrong, ha!)!

--  --- --

Treat others  has you would have them  treat you . .

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Have fun making plans to be gone for a bit, danatemporary.

We'll take it from here. 

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane

Well Sandycane I have been wondering where you have been. I had pretty much given up on this thread, ALL THE WAY BACK IN 2011 Smiling My how the time flies. 

How is your business doing ? 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
TEMPUS HAS CERTAINLY FUGIT

harleysportster wrote:

Well Sandycane I have been wondering where you have been. I had pretty much given up on this thread, ALL THE WAY BACK IN 2011 Smiling My how the time flies. 

How is your business doing ? 

Harley,

Time does fly... and we in CHRIST don't much remember the days of our life; being occupied with the JOY OF THE LORD - joy in work (as to the LORD),  joy walking in the Light (of The HOLY SPIRIT),  joy in battle - winning (IN THE LORD) against principalities,  eating and drinking joy  (from the substance of the Bread and Water of Life).  Joy of the LORD is strength.  Joy is good medicine - (you don't want dry bones via downcast spirit).  

As to universal creation time:  6 words no man can fathom (83.333% one syllable).....  "IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD" .....   You can throw all the universe and world dating effort out with this.  No matter how far you go back:  5000 years, 2 billion years, 2 billion trillion years.....drive a stake there and the WORD already "WAS"!!! ;  that means ALREADY THERE BTW.  God is a God of ETERNITY.  No doubt you HAVE found some old bones because it's ridiculous to think that GOD was loafing until HE gave this one a spin.  These 5 words are the expos'e of all attempts at dating the world universe.  Take it back as far as you want and THE WORD WAS (your Harley's like new of course - old, new, borrowed - not blue).

THE WORD WAS WITH GOD - separate and distinct from God.  AND THE WORD WAS GOD - distinct yet God.  GOD WAS BORN FLESH - since we live in "tent city", HE pitched HIS Tent among us.  HE had a miraculous birth... and we who receive HIM in faith  (like an empty cup under a flowing spring) ...we also have a miraculous birth.  We are "born anew" into HIM - not by flesh desire or training class but of the Spirit.  You could...it's a gift.  He Will in that case come and live - with - and in you - as HE has and IS now in a guy I know who didn't deserve any of it.    

HE CAME FROM THE BOSOM of the FATHER - Jesus came from the HEART OF GOD to "dwell among us" and reveal GOD to us.  And, yes, time has flown.  

But the atheists haven't come up with any substance, explanation, motivation, understanding, perspective, reason or true help of fellow man.  Life is just a ride on the LORD'S cycle they know not where from, to, or why.       

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Harley,Time

Fonzie wrote:

Harley,

Time does fly... and we in CHRIST don't much remember the days of our life; being occupied with the JOY OF THE LORD - joy in work (as to the LORD),  joy walking in the Light (of The HOLY SPIRIT),  joy in battle - winning (IN THE LORD) against principalities,  eating and drinking joy  (from the substance of the Bread and Water of Life).  Joy of the LORD is strength.  Joy is good medicine - (you don't want dry bones via downcast spirit).  

As to universal creation time:  6 words no man can fathom (83.333% one syllable).....  "IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD" .....   You can throw all the universe and world dating effort out with this.  No matter how far you go back:  5000 years, 2 billion years, 2 billion trillion years.....drive a stake there and the WORD already "WAS"!!! ;  that means ALREADY THERE BTW.  God is a God of ETERNITY.  No doubt you HAVE found some old bones because it's ridiculous to think that GOD was loafing until HE gave this one a spin.  These 5 words are the expos'e of all attempts at dating the world universe.  Take it back as far as you want and THE WORD WAS (your Harley's like new of course - old, new, borrowed - not blue).

THE WORD WAS WITH GOD - separate and distinct from God.  AND THE WORD WAS GOD - distinct yet God.  GOD WAS BORN FLESH - since we live in "tent city", HE pitched HIS Tent among us.  HE had a miraculous birth... and we who receive HIM in faith  (like an empty cup under a flowing spring) ...we also have a miraculous birth.  We are "born anew" into HIM - not by flesh desire or training class but of the Spirit.  You could...it's a gift.  He Will in that case come and live - with - and in you - as HE has and IS now in a guy I know who didn't deserve any of it.    

HE CAME FROM THE BOSOM of the FATHER - Jesus came from the HEART OF GOD to "dwell among us" and reveal GOD to us.  And, yes, time has flown.  

But the atheists haven't come up with any substance, explanation, motivation, understanding, perspective, reason or true help of fellow man.  Life is just a ride on the LORD'S cycle they know not where from, to, or why.  

This is a joke, right? Separate and distinct, yet god? That's a bunch of gibberish. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Fonz-Troll was with Meph-Troll, and the Fonz was Meph - distinct yet Troll.

2  It was in the beginning with Lithium.  And the Lithium became Lies and dwelt among us,  

3  And we beheld Its Lies, the Lies as of the only begotten of the Troll. 

4  For the Troll hath already admitted defeat, but couldst not bear to be ignored.

5  Thus It respondeth to unrelated posts and bringeth up points Noone hath discussed.

6  And whilst many knew the Troll careth not for the Truth, and fed It no more, 

7  Yet some would still toss to It scraps, and respond to It with serious intent.  

8  For kneweth they not, how willing It was to lie about the simplest of things,

9  Nor why anyone should therefore trust It when spake It of important things.

10 Yet hath it still been quite easy to speaketh like the Troll:

Quote:
This is a joke, right? Separate and distinct, yet god? That's a bunch of gibberish. 

Jeebus said the faithful would be mocked for believing in gibberish.  

The punchline to the joke comes when the Saved get to watch the suffering of the Damned, and the Peanut Gallery becomes the Permanent Nosebleed Section.

It sounds like gibberish to you, but everyone understood in his own language when the disciples said it (who were already drunk by the third hour of the day)

You too can speak Gibberish, if you handle jesus' Snake, and gargle his Strychnine.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ALL KIDDING ASIDE

Jabberwocky wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Harley,

Jab,

No it's not a joke.  The Only Begotten Son of God left heaven and was born a man - the Word became flesh.  What would you think God Who had become a man would do here on earth?  Parade  around, play golf, build a palace-fortress, etc., etc.?  He came to show us What God is like, what God likes, how God thinks - IOW what's important.  He did what He came to do perfectly.  He was "in the world" (and the world was made through Him), but not "of this world" (and the world didn't accept Him - as a whole).  

He didn't have to die, but it was the plan of God - a mystery hidden for ages.  Clues were revealed by prophets (and the prophets themselves didn't know what the Spirit was revealing and even angels longed to know but didn't) - that Jesus would become the Lamb of God Sacrificed for all the sins of all mankind of all time to be received by the grace of God through faith in Jesus.  To those who believe He gave light which enables understanding and power to be born anew into His Life.  

Jesus' death was the death of Death - because death had nothing on Him.  He had kept the Law of God perfectly - He was the Passover Lamb - a lamb without blemish.  He was slain on the Passover, He "gave up His Spirit" and He rose again on the third day - never to die again.  We who are "born anew" (of the water and the Spirit) share in His Life and His Victory.  His promise is that if we believe in Him He and His Father will come and Live with us.  This has been the experience of many - and if you will believe in Jesus it can be yours.  

Jesus has not ask us to do anything we can't do - I mean:  "Believe in Me (Jesus) and you will live".  If you look at Jesus' Life in the Living Word of God there is every reason to believe in Him.  To say we just can't believe in Him is in essence calling God a liar because He hasn't ask us to do anything beyond what we can do. Unbelief is a sin BTW.  

If you will notice - no atheist has anything but far fetched speculation to offer; in fact, I haven't seen anything of significance the atheist is sure of.  And each atheist has a different form of that speculation which goes nowhere, answers nothing, and only rages and laughs.  

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

I hate these fucking timed out errors!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
;) Maybe I missed out on the other side of you (double meaning)

Eye-wink  Maybe I missed out on the other side of you

Single off the album entitled (quote)  ''..  The Other Side Of You''

((Lyrics --))

Artist: June Divided
Song: Perfect Storm ; Album: The Other Side Of you

''Do you feel this anxious silence that I can feel it too?
I think this might be the calm before the storm
Oh, what a perfect storm
We’ve spent way too long chasing it down to let it go now
Maybe I missed out on the other side of you ?
But if you ever back out, I want you to know
I can’t chase it alone

Now you found something to believe in
But I can tell you’re holding out

We’re standing in the eye of a storm we feel tonight
It’s coming down with a shout
Last chance in this fight, that we all want to survive
It’s coming down

Now are you all the things you wanted to become when you were young?
Back then we thought that this was gonna be easy
We all thought so wrong

Now rain will start to fall, speak up now
If you don’t think that you can face it all because... [It's the perfect storm]

We’re standing in the eye of a storm we feel tonight
It’s coming down
Last chance in this fight, that we all want to survive
It’s coming down

Oh, and it’s getting closer, show them they were wrong.
I think this might be the calm before the storm
Yeah, I think this might be the calm before the storm
Yeah, I think this might be the perfect kind of storm
Oh, what a perfect storm...

I can feel it getting closer
And when it hits us, we’ll watch it come down

Quoted words,  stand alone --

1 Samuel 20 vs 23  ''With regard to the matter that you and I discussed, ..is witnessed between us forever!”

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
RE:: Push back

re:: Push back

Attn. -- To::  Off-site  any male lurkers

For one who should understand the most, there is a continued lack of understanding. Any bad decisions I have made is to protect that which is precious.

I Cor. Ch 13 --  It always protects, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

p.s. -- There is more than one way to skin a cat, all knowing (Lol)!!

And the beat goes on and this thread does go on (and on) . . .

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

It was still quite easy to duplicate the Troll's output.  

Quote:
I would say that there are no faiths that "hold water", but we're speaking from your point of view: if other faiths/traditions exist and continue to exist, then a religion is not exactly what you think of it. Keep in mind anybody says of his religion what you say of yours, so a buddhist would not be interested in converting to christianity as you would not be interested in converting to buddhism (although the reasons may vary from person to person). People of other religions lives with no more or no less problems than yourself, that's probably the main answer to your question.

My faith holds no water, but instead walks on its surface.  My faith has baptized me in the Water of Eternal Life.  People of other religions may have problems like me, but they do not have the solution to all problems:  jesus.  

Quote:
Numbers don't validate truth because they are statistics - when talking about reality - but surely they can give ideas/representations of things. I don't get what basic elements are loosening, sorry.

The only Number you need is 1, since jesus is the 1 true god.  If Satan is the Constipation of our souls, jesus is the prune juice that loosens the basic elements. 

Quote:
The "continued cleansing" is not an exclusive of christianism, I'm pretty sure of that, but not pertaining to a religion doesn't exclude this effect on people. In the end it only cognitively matters what you know. So at that point one could clearly see that "fellowship with X" is not needed, because it really was a fake thing just to begin with, and the 'cleansing' too is viewed as a prison, although maybe a gilded one.

Jesus is the ultimate cleansing agent, and he is exclusive to christianism, I am sure of that.  Sin is the prison that jesus frees us from.   

Quote:
Things are not as they appear? Sure, just look at quantum mechanics. Are we fooled before we realize it? Yes, but we're making a relatively good job to free ourselves for old traditions and following the path of knowing who we are really. But about the devil and his friend fritz I'll tell you this: can you choose to be hungry? when you are extremely hungry, can you choose not to steal an apple? The questions can be numerous: can you choose not to breathe? Can you choose to stop your heart? Can you choose to not blink your eyes? Can you choose the exact way to act when in pain? Or confused? I think you use the word "choose" in a twisted and superficial way.

Things are as they appear only when the Eternal Light shines upon them.  We are defective machines, and Jesus is the Quantum Mechanic who can fix them.  We have chosen to reject the Bread of Life, and instead eat the Forbidden Apple.   Only jesus can untwist you and show you the right Way.

Quote:
The bible does not point to Jesus. Ask a hebrew. The bible points to a messiah, sure, but it's a very old and a not sufficiently precise (for the knowledge reached today) way to do it. In fact, to accept it you have to believe it first.

It was written that the Hebrews would reject their messiah the bible points to, so their rejection proves that jesus is the messiah.  I choose to accept jesus because I believe in Him.

Yet even after all these weeks, the trollgarithm could not process:

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here. severalth + 51± µ3 time

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
RRSQ MOUNTAIN HAS TRAVAILED AND BROUGHT FORTH A MOUSE

The Rational Response Squad is a group of atheist activists who impact society by changing the way we view god belief.  This site is a haven for those who are pushing back against the norm, and a place for believers of gods to have their beliefs exposed as false should they want to try their hand at confronting us.  (I copied this from the margin here on RRSQ)

RRSQ,

Well, in reality you atheists expose your own rudderless navigation of life.  What would be refreshing is a self-violence to your own dishonesty and an honest cry for Truth.  

Sure there are examples of false belief and false gods.  Sure there are immature Christians making mistakes.  Sure there are spring-loaded twists of Scripture. Sure, sure, sure - and any old fool can poke fun at endless mistakes and failures.  But is that progress?  Is that direction?  Are we getting anywhere with this?  

But - put away the wrecking bar and precision clearance alignment adjuster for a minute and realize that you atheists are missing "Life which is Life indeed" - Truth which would "make you free indeed" (from all these false uncool impressions of Jesus the Christ and pardon from the power of imprisoning sin) ...and "living water" which would truly satisfy your thirst - Water with Life in it and Sustaining Power.  

It is a part of the delusion to think that darkness is light and death is life and a lie is truth.  Have you really found what you want?  If so and if it really represents the answers to life, death, hope, perseverance - you know what I mean.....where is your summary of it?

Hearing none, why do you keep pursuing where it doesn't exist?  Are atheists cowards when it comes to confronting themselves with the truth?  Is this why they strike out with blasphemy and mocking things they don't understand?   

Unless you are "born anew" you can't see the Kingdom of God.  If you are honest you can come to this threshold and knock... and enter into life - which starts now in faith in Christ.  You bring nothing, give nothing - it's all a Gift from God to be received by faith....and even the faith itself is a gift.  

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Old Troll, dishonest, untrue,

Has returned to spout nonsense anew.

'Tis an Errand for Fools,

To respond to Its drools,

About Nothing, alas, Much Adieu.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING ANAHEIM AZUSA AND CUCAMUNGA SEWING CIRCLE

zarathustra wrote:

The Old Troll, dishonest, untrue,

Has returned to spout nonsense anew.

To respond to Its drools

'Tis an Errand for Fools,

About Nothing, of course, Much Ado.

does Zara distract from he doesn't understand what?

does a frog have a water tight butt?

is a fool's errand to understand life 

and how efforts here apply there, where there is - and why?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Take courage dear-heart . . .

Take courage dear-heart . . .

''Everyone wants to be a success. I have never met anyone who purposely set out to (purposely) fail. Undoubtedly, this is why so much has been written on the topic “How to Succeed” and why books are so popular. From the documentary channel, from when I had my TV service still hooked up and running. I think it was Theodore Roosevelt who was quoted to have said, “The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.” That means being "allowed to 'try'", under the mighty hand of the Almighty! The simple reality is that failure is one of those ugly realities of life—a common experience to all of us to some degree. Thus, the ability to handle failure in its various forms and degrees is a vital part of the spiritual life and another sign of maturity. A careful study of the Bible reveals that most of the great figures of Scripture experienced failure at one time or another, ..''

Submitted by danatemporary , you know the one, on April 4, 2014 

Howdy_neighbor wrote:
ANAHEIM AZUSA AND CUCAMUNGA SEWING CIRCLE

;;;Lyrics, name that music :: "Two girls for every boy ?" .."Yeah, and there's two swingin' honeys for every guy. And all you gotta do is just wink an eye" 

Strange sort of solution, from olden days, in the Father Abrahamic solution he worked out with 'two' instead of one; what an excuse to want both the gold and a silver metal hanging around the man's neck ???

p.s. --  Off-site  Believe it or not, I don't need 'reminding' of a blessed thing!!!

___  __  ___

@Me

Job 11:17 New American Standard Bible "And Thine life would be brighter than noonday; that Darkness would be like the morning..''

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
This nothing more than

Fonzie wrote:

Unless you are "born anew" you can't see the Kingdom of God.  If you are honest you can come to this threshold and knock... and enter into life - which starts now in faith in Christ.  You bring nothing, give nothing - it's all a Gift from God to be received by faith....and even the faith itself is a gift.  

metaphorical porridge. What does 'born anew' mean? It means believe. So unless you believe, you can't believe. It's such an amazingly simple doctrine! 

So come to the threshold of being prepared to believe and yea verily, believe! It's a gift from god - including the belief!

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Though the Old Troll had already confessed its Lies, and admitted it was the Biggest Loser, It returned yet again, like a Locust crawling from its shell, to spread Its plague anew.  The Masked Ninja of the Highlands was all to willing to offer it a fresh plate of Haggis, when the only thing worth feeding the Troll was: 

Nonetheless, it was still quite easy to duplicate the Troll's nonsense:

Quote:
metaphorical porridge. What does 'born anew' mean? It means believe. So unless you believe, you can't believe. It's such an amazingly simple doctrine! 

So come to the threshold of being prepared to believe and yea verily, believe! It's a gift from god - including the belief!

The nothingness of Atheism is too cold, and the flames of Hell are too hot, but if you slurp from the Bowl of jesus, you will find the Porridge is just right.  Or will you plant the magic beans of Atheism instead, and hope to climb a beanstalk to Nowhere?

Yes, god will only give the gift of belief to those who are willing to accept it, and believe.  The argument may be circular, but the Cross is perpendicular, and the Way of the Master is straight and narrow.  

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
TRYING TO GET DOWN TO THE THE HEART OF THE MATTER

zarathustra wrote:

Though the Old Troll had already confessed its Lies, and admitted it was the Biggest Loser, It returned yet again, like a Locust crawling from its shell, to spread Its plague anew.  The Masked Ninja of the Highlands was all to willing to offer it a fresh plate of Haggis, when the only thing to feed the Troll was: 

It was still quite easy to duplicate the Troll's nonsense:

Quote:

The nothingness of Atheism is too cold, and the flames of Hell are too hot, but if you slurp from the Bowl of jesus, you will find the Porridge is just right.  Or will you plant the magic beans of Atheism instead, and climb a beanstalk to Nowhere?

Yes, god will only give the gift of belief to those who are willing to accept it.  The argument may be circular, but the Cross is perpendicular, and the Way of the Master is straight and narrow.  

Zara, you have talked about lies and lied about talk and tried your hand at poety - but there has been no atheist substance offered.  You've produced as many lies you've been blowing about as atheist substance. You use diverse weights and measures and false scales - in fact; include your thumb on it. I'm beginning to think there IS no atheist substance, meaning, purpose, understanding or hope.  But go ahead and make the mountain shake and bring forth a mouse.    

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hi Fonz

Fonzie wrote:

Zara, you have talked about lies and lied about talk and tried your hand at poety - but there has been no atheist substance offered.  You've produced as many lies you've been blowing about as atheist substance. You use diverse weights and measures and false scales - in fact; include your thumb on it. I'm beginning to think there IS no atheist substance, meaning, purpose, understanding or hope.  But go ahead and make the mountain shake and bring forth a mouse.    

Sensible people deserted this thread long ago - there's no point offering concrete proof if it's ignored. The rest of us just come here for the entertainment of it. Some of the posts are a lot of fun. In any case, there's nothing an unbeliever could say to you that would alter your absolute belief in god - much of what you say is bald assertion or fallacious appeal to emotion or to very poetic language. And you are preaching to skeptics. They are not going to accept your say so, nor the second hand accounts outlined in the doctrine of an ancient cult. 

Hope you have an enjoyable easter, Fonzie, spend some time with the gang. Ride your motorbike. Jump the shark. That's most the meaning there is when you're a miniscule part of a living system - the entropic processes of a hydrogen fusion reactor - floating around in a vacuum with no sensible explanation for your sentience. Family, friends, a sense of humour. The only difference between us is that you ascribe the meaning of unknown things to an abstract noun. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
SENSIBLE NOT TO BE DEFINED ATHEISTICALLY

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Sensible people deserted this thread long ago - there's no point offering concrete proof if it's ignored. The rest of us just come here for the entertainment of it. Some of the posts are a lot of fun. In any case, there's nothing an unbeliever could say to you that would alter your absolute belief in god - much of what you say is bald assertion or fallacious appeal to emotion or to very poetic language. And you are preaching to skeptics. They are not going to accept your say so, nor the second hand accounts outlined in the doctrine of an ancient cult. 

Hope you have an enjoyable easter, Fonzie, spend some time with the gang. Ride your motorbike. Jump the shark. That's most the meaning there is when you're a miniscule part of a living system - the entropic processes of a hydrogen fusion reactor - floating around in a vacuum with no sensible explanation for your sentience. Family, friends, a sense of humour. The only difference between us is that you ascribe the meaning of unknown things to an abstract noun. 

Hi Your Royal Extreemness, 

People who are excellent at blaspheming mocking and ridicule but no real answers to the meaning/origin/purpose of life, etc., have abandoned a lot more than this thread, but hey.    

They also have as you say a double - guard keeping out their Greatest Friend (not me).  The dog howls at the thief breaking in - so the atheist shoots the dog (consccience).

It's another first day of the week today - no different than others for me but ok if so for others.   

There is though a difference, AE, in us - however... because of what that difference is I'm not lofty at all about it.  There is a power in the gospel gift that enables defence against pride over fellow man whoever he is.   The difference in us is a Gift given by God I have received by faith (and it will always be a Gift totally) but not received by you though it could be.  (Even the faith is a gift so  there's nothing to jump a shark about)  Who knows...faith has sprung up in some most unlikely extreemist places...

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
But Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

People who are excellent at blaspheming mocking and ridicule but no real answers to the meaning/origin/purpose of life, etc., have abandoned a lot more than this thread, but hey.    

But Fonz, you have no real answers to meaning/origin/purpose, either. You simply ascribe the label 'god' as the Swiss Army Knife of meanings. No explanations of how, no definitions, no data. 

Fonzie wrote:

They also have as you say a double - guard keeping out their Greatest Friend (not me).  The dog howls at the thief breaking in - so the atheist shoots the dog (consccience).

Not really - skeptics simply doubt assertions supported by threats rather than facts. So do you, Fonz, in all other areas of your life. No rational argument can be carried by a fallacious appeal to force (believe this assertion or be physcially hurt). 

Fonzie wrote:

There is though a difference, AE, in us - however... because of what that difference is I'm not lofty at all about it.  There is a power in the gospel gift that enables defence against pride over fellow man whoever he is.   The difference in us is a Gift given by God I have received by faith (and it will always be a Gift totally) but not received by you though it could be.  (Even the faith is a gift so  there's nothing to jump a shark about)  Who knows...faith has sprung up in some most unlikely extreemist places...

As the child of an evangelical preacher and a christian missionary and drowning in an ocean of fundamentalist family wingnuts I've had plenty of opportunity to notice that Christian doctrine is a funny thing. Legitimate doubt in bald assertion is called 'pride' - this represents an ad hominem fallacy - an attack on the man. To wit, skeptics doubt because they are bad.

Given the doctrine of original sin is a fallacious attack on all men and women, I guess none of this should really surprise me and yet it does. I'm not sure which is the greatest crime against humanity. Is it the bald assertion of The Fall? Or is the reification of the concept of sin in the Abrahamic monotheistic cults? 

I hope you've only been eating dark chocolate eggs this Oestre, Fonzie. Those are the best for you, apparently. 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Old Troll of Lies fed a'plenty,

On the fluff of the Non-Cognoscenti.

Though they Legalized Pot,

And was Adolph begot,

Zombie Jeebus rose NOT...on 4/20.

The Extremist Ninja continued his Pibroch Requiem for the Old Troll, which only caused It to trudge back up yon bonny braes to respond.  For the only way to have the Old Troll sink down to the bottom of Its Loch for good, was to ask It:

And as always, it was no small craic to duplicate the Troll's nonsense...

Atheistextremist wrote:
But Fonz, you have no real answers to meaning/origin/purpose, either. You simply ascribe the label 'god' as the Swiss Army Knife of meanings. No explanations of how, no definitions, no data.

god is the real answer to all real questions.  jesus is not only the Swiss army knife of meanings, but the Swiss watch that measures your eternity, and the Swiss bank account that stores your salvation, with interest.

Atheistextremist wrote:
As the child of an evangelical preacher and a christian missionary and drowning in an ocean of fundamentalist family wingnuts I've had plenty of opportunity to notice that Christian doctrine is a funny thing.

jesus said christians would be mocked for their beliefs, so you are fulfiling the Gospel by calling it "a funny thing".  

Atheistextremist wrote:
Legitimate doubt in bald assertion is called 'pride' - this represents an ad hominem fallacy - an attack on the man. To wit, skeptics doubt because they are bad.

The juvenile delinquents in 2 Kings doubted god, and made a bald assertion about the prophet Elisha.  As punishment, god sent two bears as an attack on the men -- and that was no skeptical fallacy.

πππ†
π†††

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
You're

the most sensible thing about this thread, Zara. 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
FREE WILL TO MAKE BAD CHOICES AND TAKE WRONG ROADS

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Not really - skeptics simply doubt assertions supported by threats rather than facts. So do you, Fonz, in all other areas of your life. No rational argument can be carried by a fallacious appeal to force (believe this assertion or be physcially hurt). 

Fonzie wrote:

As the child of an evangelical preacher and a christian missionary and drowning in an ocean of fundamentalist family wingnuts I've had plenty of opportunity to notice that Christian doctrine is a funny thing. Legitimate doubt in bald assertion is called 'pride' - this represents an ad hominem fallacy - an attack on the man. To wit, skeptics doubt because they are bad.

Given the doctrine of original sin is a fallacious attack on all men and women, I guess none of this should really surprise me and yet it does. I'm not sure which is the greatest crime against humanity. Is it the bald assertion of The Fall? Or is the reification of the concept of sin in the Abrahamic monotheistic cults? 

I hope you've only been eating dark chocolate eggs this Oestre, Fonzie. Those are the best for you, apparently. 

AE -

"This is the work of God that you believe in He Whom He has sent".  Faith is a fiame that purifies the motives because you come to realize impure things threaten putting it out.  Pride, doubts, insincerity are a threat to faith.  "He who hopes in Him purifies himself as He is pure" is another way the power of faith in Jesus and fellowship with Jesus continually lifts us up.  

You have the impression that you really understood the gospel, tasted the heavenly gift then decided it was all fake?  I don't know,  but my guess is you never really knew Christ.  Maybe you were vaccinated against believing in Him?  

I do have real answers to life - origin, purpose, destiny - even though they aren't your answers or acceptable to you.  Jesus came to earth - God became flesh - to show us the Father and redeem all those who believe in Him.  He paid the price for our sins with His Own blood on the Cross - the Death of Death (since Death had nothing on Him).  He rose from the grave with the same Power that is at work in those of us who believe in Him.  

In a miraculous way we are "born anew" by the Water and the Spirit into Christ - and we become His Body, the church.  He is the Head.  The body has different parts but each has a purpose.  Just as Jesus told Nicodemus, "Unless you are born anew you can't see the kingdom of God" - you, Atheistextremeist, can't see the kingdom of God or the answers beyond that threshold....simply because you won't.  God has not ask you to do anything you can't do (believe in He Whom He has sent).  God doesn't ask us to do the impossible or unreasonable.  You could but you won't.  "Whosoever will can come"  to Jesus and won't be rejected - but...you won't.  

And you are perfectly free to make that mistake...but know that it isn't my desire and it's obvious (from what God did through Jesus, reconciling the world to Himself through the death of His Only Begotten Son) - that it isn't His desire.  

And fellowship with Him is Life Indeed!  I had no idea it would be this great knowing Christ, walking by the Spirit, entertaining the Divine Guest.  He is Bread that is Bread indeed, the Water of Life that springs eternal, and the Light that enlightens the heart so we see what's going on and the Truth that makes me free from all false impressions of Jesus and the Way.  I'm not bothered by your false impressions, just stating you are missing out.  

Note that Jesus had people leave Him for different reasons (the free bread stopped or they were more fascinated by other things, etc.) but He never made a comment about wishing they would come back.  Jesus has no unwillful followers.  You have your free will and can exercise it on things that have no weight.  

It appears atheists desire converts - but it is not a converting TO a THING - it is only represented by DEMOLITION and RIDICULE of God and His Salvation in Christ. So it is a conversion to be a fellow ridiculer, blasphemer and mocker of God - not to take on a life of atheist meaning and purpose (which doesn't exist).  What makes you HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY is the wandering and searching for a cogent thought by the likes of Zara.  So drink deep of that if it sustains your day and adds spring to your stride.  You might want to check yor GPS and see where it goes and what your ETA is.  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oooo On-Site Only (Misc.)

Oooo  झाँकी   On-Site  Only  (Misc.) In the conspicuous absence of Kapkao

(In the conspicuous absence of Kapkao)

Re::  No Subject

No Subject

See::  Uploaded Image -- 

http://imageshack.com/a/img834/9397/vi3u.jpg

Post Script  --  Directed at AE,  on this site

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
So sad that someone

So sad that someone willfully denies the obvious to believe in fiction. Fonzie must have such a bad life that he must embrace the nonexistant just to keep going. I often wonder what would happen to evangelists if they could see the birth and evolution of their religion. Would that be enough to get them to embrace reality, or would it simpy convert their beliefs to an older version of the religion? Or maybe they'd accept that their religion was lies, and simply embrace a different one?

If I could have the power of a god, it would be the first thing I did.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Some still felt compelled (by their godless moral relativism) to give alms to the Troll, when the only objectively moral thing to feed it was:

Il était encore assez facile de dupliquer les bêtises du Troll Vieux...

Quote:
So sad that someone willfully denies the obvious to believe in fiction. Fonzie must have such a bad life that he must embrace the nonexistant just to keep going. I often wonder what would happen to evangelists if they could see the birth and evolution of their religion. Would that be enough to get them to embrace reality, or would it simpy convert their beliefs to an older version of the religion? Or maybe they'd accept that their religion was lies, and simply embrace a different one? If I could have the power of a god, it would be the first thing I did.

My Life was bad before, because the Bread was stale.  With the Yeast of Jesus, I was able to rise from the bottom of the pan.  You can see the birth of the one true religion by reading the one true bible, and you can see its evolution every day, as jesus selects us for eternal survival.  Noone deserves power who will not use it wisely, so only god (the most Wise) deserves the most Power.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE ELUSIVE CANADIAN REALITY IN REAL TIME

Vastet wrote:
So sad that someone willfully denies the obvious to believe in fiction. Fonzie must have such a bad life that he must embrace the nonexistant just to keep going. I often wonder what would happen to evangelists if they could see the birth and evolution of their religion. Would that be enough to get them to embrace reality, or would it simpy convert their beliefs to an older version of the religion? Or maybe they'd accept that their religion was lies, and simply embrace a different one? If I could have the power of a god, it would be the first thing I did.

Vastet - 

If the embrace of reality is so great and fulfilling and enlightening - why can't you or any atheist, anybody describe it in 3 dimensions, how long it lasts, what's so great about it, etc.?  Is it that indescribable and intuitive?  

I guess we all have to decide what is a lie and what isn't - and I have, and Jesus is the Way, Truth and Life.  (you can adverb each with "LIVING" as well)    

Religion (in my view) represents different ceremonies and obstacle courses people do that (in their wrong impression) "pay" their "spiritual debt" (which can't be paid by anything but Jesus' Blood) and then it's,  "Kum Ba Ya", Pie in the Sky in the By an By.  And that's not reality, not where I'm coming from.  Jesus paid my spiritual debt with His death on the Cross and I have been "born anew" into Him, into that Victory which He Won - to the glory of God (not my glory) and I have actual fellowship with Him in real time.  Eternal life has started now and continues.

Actually (speaking to your wrong impression) I don't think Jesus was actually "religious" - meaning, He didn't do things people around Him thought were "religious", He didn't do empty rituals - His reality was from the heart; for example, He worked (healed a cripple) on the Sabbath (which Pharisees - "religious people" hated).  He ate without ceremonial washing of hands (same thing, hated for it).  He didn't make a "religious show" of praying or miracles - He downplayed them.  He told a leper not to tell anybody about his healing.  He rebuked people that thought they were religious but shafted people - even widows.  People who viewed themselves as "religious" didn't like the fact Jesus was a friend of and ate with "sinners".  He was lowly and a friend of sinners.  

Jesus viewed the hypocrites as "straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel" - a position of non-reality.  He promoted the very real position of humility - seeing things as they are.   

All in all other than not being Canadian He's probably your kind of guy and you don't even know it.  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
You get points on this one, for sure Fonz (An apt answer)

Submitted by Fonzie on April 26    (An apt answer)

No  no.  Awesome there, guy    Shweet!!

I found your reply  simply the best of all the mother of an apt word, especially for an off-line situation.

R e ::   You  get  points  on  this  one  for  sure  Fonz  (An apt answer)

Proverbs 15

And a word spoken in due season, how good it is! A man has delight by an apt answer of the mouth. The way of life winds upward for the wise,That he may turn away from Sheol below  (SWEETNESS)

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hi Fonz

Fonzie wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Vastet - 

If the embrace of reality is so great and fulfilling and enlightening - why can't you or any atheist, anybody describe it in 3 dimensions, how long it lasts, what's so great about it, etc.?  Is it that indescribable and intuitive?  

I guess we all have to decide what is a lie and what isn't - and I have, and Jesus is the Way, Truth and Life.   

Ok, so if we can't describe reality in "3 dimensions" then 'it's a lie' and christian assertions are all true. I see your logic now. 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Les enfants continuaient inutilement de nourrir le Troll Vieux, mais la seule chose laquelle on duvait le donner etait...

Mais c'etait encore tres facile...

Atheistextremist wrote:
Ok, so if we can't describe reality in "3 dimensions" then 'it's a lie' and christian assertions are all true. I see your logic now.

god is indescribable and lives in the infinityth dimension, so only he can describe reality in 3 dimensions (the father, son and holy spirit).  And once you accept jesus, who is the Lite and the Truth, only then can you see all the logic on the path to eternity.

πππ†
π†††

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
We don't mess with life and death . . .

Man oh man alive! Fortune is wild, too wild to endure         0 f f  s i t e  --

Light reading as you witness in a salon when flipping through a magazine

First though

>>  We  don't mess with life and death . . .

See:: Photo

An aside. --  An  Old  Inside joke.  To explain,  Photo is an ode to Jean Chauvin, with another example of frankly  stupid  presumptuous presumptions (See:: Photo)

0 f f  s i t e  --

Reading that just happens to have turned up of late.  And, I never indicated if this has purely literal or only symbolic meaning

The strangest thing I've witnessed of late is a strange little wood-type nymph canvassing an area I was forced to recently visit. With her tireless work of her one woman campaign to help PREGNANT women. I myself undoubtedly having a great willingness to help out. I was curious by her canvassing, so I asked if she was willing to help a particular group in her activities. She stopped for just a moment. Then she replied to me: No! It's all pregnant women.

Light reading I was glossing over, as you've witnessed in a salon, when an individual is flipping through a magazine :

ANE myth -- ''..Suddenly the of his mind was altered. Again, only tears like streams flowed".

. . .

''Why does thou rejoicest about thine interior'', Fate asked again and thus spoke.  ''Into thine interior, Do not rejoice about thine interior''.

''(Fore) Into thine interior, I (Fate) have put a heavy load. First, I have made thee pregnant with the River of Judgment known as the Tigris, a bountry, the eye of the great mother.

. . .

'' The midwives brought him (or her) to birth, and Fate place this child on the knee of the elder brother. Who with liberal, accepting eye, smiled,. Oh, Let him go up to the Heaven someday, he exclaimed''

''For as it is written, '' Who will any longer endure this one's neglect ?!?''

''Who will any longer fight ?  Who will any longer endure this one's fearfulness, my love ?

p.s. --  To a key part of our group.  There has  not even been swapping of saliva with ANY  in all this talk; however, let all the stupid UNVEILING of even greater misinterpretation commence. Try not to be more like horse's behinds than anything else while doing so!!

Edit  ((Edit ::  Opps!! Must edit, two typeos and it's spelled commence  and not comence))

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:If the embrace

Fonzie wrote:

Entropy. That's what life is. How long will life last? As long as it accelerates entropy.
Any other description is subjective. Works for some but not others. You have to make your own decision as to whats so great about it.

Fonzie wrote:
I guess we all have to decide what is a lie and what isn't - and I have, and Jesus is the Way, Truth and Life.  (you can adverb each with "LIVING" as well)

Good for you. Now accept the fact that your way doesn't work for everyone else and stop trying to force what works for you onto other people. Let them choose what works for them.

Fonzie wrote:
Eternal life has started now and continues.

Give me a call after you die. Ask jesus for my phone number. Then I'll believe in your eternal life delusion.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

blah blah Manitoba blah maple syrup blah moose blah...

Vastet wrote:
Entropy. That's what life is. How long will life last? As long as it accelerates entropy. Any other description is subjective. Works for some but not others. You have to make your own decision as to whats so great about it.

god wrote the laws, so only god can overrule the law of thermodynamics.  My decision is to devote my life to the One who gave it to me.  

Vastet wrote:
Good for you. Now accept the fact that your way doesn't work for everyone else and stop trying to force what works for you onto other people. Let them choose what works for them.
 god gives you the free will to choose as you please.  But you can still choose wrong.  If you need help choosing, jeesus is just a prayer away.

Vastet wrote:
Give me a call after you die. Ask jesus for my phone number. Then I'll believe in your eternal life delusion.
jesus has already died and come back to life, and has been calling you ever since.  If you can't hear the ring tone, maybe the static is on your end.

blah blah:

πππ†
π†††

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:blah blah

zarathustra wrote:

blah blah Manitoba blah maple syrup blah moose blah...

Vastet wrote:
Entropy. That's what life is. How long will life last? As long as it accelerates entropy. Any other description is subjective. Works for some but not others. You have to make your own decision as to whats so great about it.

god wrote the laws, so only god can overrule the law of thermodynamics.  My decision is to devote my life to the One who gave it to me.  

Vastet wrote:
 god gives you the free will to choose as you please.  But you can still choose wrong.  If you need help choosing, jeesus is just a prayer away.

Vastet wrote:
jesus has already died and come back to life, and has been calling you ever since.  If you can't hear the ring tone, maybe the static is on your end.

blah blah:

blah blah blah Fuck You blah blah blah

Smiling <- Smiley not working...

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Dang, this thread got old,

Dang, this thread got old, bulky and unapproachable.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yep. There's a few like it.

Yep. There's a few like it. I only pop in to watch for spam most of the time. Every few months to a year I might say something, but I'd bet it's been said already. Maybe even by me.