It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 882
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

 

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Fonzie

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:


Brian - I'm back as Fonzie, formerly Mephibosheth. 

 

.............4 years. 4 fucking years. Unbefuckinglievable.

 

Oh well....closure, I guess. 

 

Hehe. I hadn't seen you post on here in awhile Anonymouse. It's good to see you back. The reappearance of this thread even pulled YOU back into the site.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 882
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
POWER COMPANIES ARE AN INDEPENDENT BUNCH

blacklight915 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

I'm back as Fonzie, formerly Mephibosheth.  I think I was unfairly kicked off "WHAT FAITH YOU" and "PALACE LIFE" as Mephibosheth - if you can show me otherwise, I'm open to see it but not to fake it.

Finally! I didn't think you would ever answer Zarathustra's question...  Perhaps now, the discussion can become a bit more productive?

 

Fonzie wrote:

Faith in Jesus is still working for me - only better and better.

It's not working too well for me. I've been asking the Christian God to provide testable evidence for His existence for almost a week now; so far, I've got nothing. In fact, I broadened my request to apply to any being that could hear me and respond, but I still haven't gotten anything. I'm beginning to feel like I'm just talking to myself in a loud voice...

 

 

Blacklight,

You will find that in dealing with the power company you are dealing with a very independent bunch.  You call them, find out where they want the mast, how high the meter, what size ground rod, how deep, what wire, how many clamps, location, etc. but when it comes to hooking up the power or if they will hook up the power - you don't tell them.  They will hook it up if and when they want.  Being conscious of that fact helps get it done BTW.

When it comes to understanding electricity - when it gets down to the finite there's mystery still locked unexplained.  Don't let that keep you from living in a house with power.  I wouldn't want to live in a house without power though I don't understand most of it.  But I use it.  

One thing nice about power it insulates you from the elements - weather.  The whole world outside may be cold around you and seeping in but power allows you to turn up the heat, cool whatever.  Just saying.  Light also.  Who refuses power these days?  I know it can be dangerous but who lets that stop them?  I want to be connected to the grid.  

 

 

 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:You will find

Fonzie wrote:

You will find that in dealing with the power company you are dealing with a very independent bunch.  You call them, find out where they want the mast, how high the meter, what size ground rod, how deep, what wire, how many clamps, location, etc. but when it comes to hooking up the power or if they will hook up the power - you don't tell them.  They will hook it up if and when they want.  Being conscious of that fact helps get it done BTW.

When it comes to understanding electricity - when it gets down to the finite there's mystery still locked unexplained.  Don't let that keep you from living in a house with power.  I wouldn't want to live in a house without power though I don't understand most of it.  But I use it.  

One thing nice about power it insulates you from the elements - weather.  The whole world outside may be cold around you and seeping in but power allows you to turn up the heat, cool whatever.  Just saying.  Light also.  Who refuses power these days?  I know it can be dangerous but who lets that stop them?  I want to be connected to the grid.  

Electricity can be seen, measured, tested, and understood. What exactly does this have to do with proof of the existence of god ? Please enlighten me, because I fail to see any sort of connection here.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Hehe.

harleysportster wrote:

Hehe. I hadn't seen you post on here in awhile Anonymouse. It's good to see you back. The reappearance of this thread even pulled YOU back into the site.

 

I'm just back because of this : post 436 in this trainwreck :

anonymouse wrote:
So where you here before as Meph ? Yes or no.

That's from october 2009, btw.  

 

Let me just remind you all that Meph earned a troll badge, and everyone who's been here longer than a few months knows how damn near impossible it is to earn a troll badge here. It's easier to get arrested for genocide. 

Getting rid of a troll badge, however, is ridiculously easy. Just get a new account. 

Want to know what he did to earn his troll badge ? He got it for ignoring the answers he got to his own questions, and then simply asking the question again, claiming it never got answered. He was allowed to do this for over a 1000 posts before he got the badge.

What did he do with his new account ? Same thing. Asking the same question over and over again TO THE SAME PEOPLE WHO ALREADY ANSWERED THEM IN HIS FIRST THREAD.

 

So to all you people out there who want to compliment him on his "staying power", please explain to me what's so admirable about asking questions and then ignoring the answers for over 4 years. Seriously, explain this to me.

 

And to the mods, what use are troll badges, what use is moderation even if you're going to allow him to do this all over again ?

 

 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: Hi

jcgadfly wrote:

 Hi Fonzie,

Glad you finally owned up to your deception. I'm even glad to see your faith is working for you (though I think you put far more work into it than God does).

Now, the problem is this - if you were so deceptive for so long about something is trivial as your internet identity why should I believe you about Jesus?

 

Oh look, a relevant question. Let's ignore that for another 4 years.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Is this one of

TWD39 wrote:

Is this one of the many theists you claim to treat with civility and respect?

 

Read his threads. Read all of them, and you will crawl 500 miles through broken glass, just for the chance to apologize to us for what you just said.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10626
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
"So to all you people out

"So to all you people out there who want to compliment him on his "staying power", please explain to me what's so admirable about asking questions and then ignoring the answers for over 4 years. Seriously, explain this to me."

How does that make him different than the other theists that come here?

Btw, TWD is worse than Fonzie in the regard you mention. He'll crawl through that glass, but only to say all atheists are dicks while he ignores responses and repeats his bullshit.

I don't manage troll badges, so I'm not in a position to comment. I think I could hand them out, but I don't feel comfortable just doing so.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10626
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Aha. I can hand out atheist

Aha. I can hand out atheist or theist badges and that's it.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I don't manage

Vastet wrote:
I don't manage troll badges, so I'm not in a position to comment. I think I could hand them out, but I don't feel comfortable just doing so.
 

That's exactly my point. ALL the mods here feel uncomfortable handing out troll badges. Not a single one of them wants to go that far. But Meph still managed to get one from some of the nicest and most unimaginably patient people I have ever met.

So I would argue that he deserves to keep it. Especially since his reaction to getting it was making a new account, and stubbornly pretending to be another person for over 4 years.

Read his first thread "WHAT FAITH YOU", and tell me with a straight face that he didn't deserve that troll badge.

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10626
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
I've probably seen it, and

I've probably seen it, and would probably agree. But seeing as how I can't hand out a troll badge anyway, I'll just happily keep blasting spam into non-existence. > >

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1546
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
One of the things I always love about Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

 Hi Fonzie,

Glad you finally owned up to your deception. I'm even glad to see your faith is working for you (though I think you put far more work into it than God does).

Now, the problem is this - if you were so deceptive for so long about something is trivial as your internet identity why should I believe you about Jesus?

 

Oh look, a relevant question. Let's ignore that for another 4 years.

One of the things I always loved about the Anonymouse I knew was his command of the relevant Smiling

 Twd39 you could learn a thing or three from people like that.

 

 Furrycatherder might have left because Brian never did give Furry that 'panentheist' badge (approx .6th of Jun or Jul) he/she kept on about.

 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:TWD39

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Is this one of the many theists you claim to treat with civility and respect?

 

Read his threads. Read all of them, and you will crawl 500 miles through broken glass, just for the chance to apologize to us for what you just said.

TWD just pisses and moans about persecution and then makes some assertions, and then pisses and moans some more. I doubt that even were he to read through these threads, would he admit that these circular discussions with Fonzie have gone around and around and around.

Hell, every talking point that happened between me and Fonzie had been addressed before, and before, and before, and before.

Then after I dropped out of following this thread and picked it back up again several months later, every point that Fonzie and I had argued since then had been addressed again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

It truly is a revolving door and a matter of, which Atheist on here would like to have a back and forth with Fonzie this month type of thing.

I guarantee that you will be compared to some bad character in the Bible, a verse or two will be sent your way, a question of how the big bang gives your life meaning will be doled out, and then, it will all be ignored and started over again.

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1546
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Check out TWD's latest comment . . .

harleysportster wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Is this one of the many theists you claim to treat with civility and respect?

 

Read his threads. Read all of them, and you will crawl 500 miles through broken glass, just for the chance to apologize to us for what you just said.

TWD just pisses and moans about persecution and then makes some assertions, and then pisses and moans some more. I doubt that even were he to read through these threads, would he admit that these circular discussions with Fonzie have gone around and around and around.

Hell, every talking point that happened between me and Fonzie had been addressed before, and before, and before, and before.

Then after I dropped out of following this thread and picked it back up again several months later, every point that Fonzie and I had argued since then had been addressed again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

It truly is a revolving door and a matter of, which Atheist on here would like to have a back and forth with Fonzie this month type of thing.

I guarantee that you will be compared to some bad character in the Bible, a verse or two will be sent your way, a question of how the big bang gives your life meaning will be doled out, and then, it will all be ignored and started over again.

 

  If in fact, TWD39 is done being cross with you. Hey, Check out TWD's latest comment at the TWD39 thread, where in the re-asking about a beginning. Context is in her thread she went back to.

 


GodsUseForAMosquito
ModeratorBronze Member
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
Posts: 404
Joined: 2008-08-27
User is offlineOffline
 is she a she? I never saw

 is she a she? I never saw they post where twd identified gender...


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

 is she a she? I never saw they post where twd identified gender...

I guess it is just a case of gender bias by default. When reading someone that does not identify themselves as a him or her, I just assume it is a him. Unless there is some sort of femine name and that is still an assumption on my part.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1546
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Is he a she or she a he . . . ?

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:
Is she a she ?
 

I think the answer would lie in some comments in a previous Thread in an answer to BeyondSaving about cancer being in remission. Sorry I am running out the door as I type. Or I would look it up myself or provide a link. I could be mistaken, of course, (it wouldnt be the first time).

 

 

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1546
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
If only we had a Dutch Uncle to warn U what'd eventually happen

 Re ::  If only we had a Dutch Uncle to warn U what'd eventually happen . .


Re ::  If only we had a Dutch Uncle to warn U what'd eventually happen . .

 This is more testimony you arent listening . . .

    While you could be referencing things that are used most frequently and are sited in arguments. Please at least acknowledge, The burden of proof lies with you. If this continues, You end up with your name crossed off, when it comes to people to bother interacting with. If nobody wanted to bother, you'd find little response, outside of unpleasantness and a few jeers. But next to no real interaction. At that point you dont have to worry about the subject at all. If necessary, I can provide examples of threads where this is taken place, I only need to look at Jean's threads (before your time) to drive home the point. The fact the board has taken the tack it has means means there is yet time to avoid the on coming train-wreck. How you came out of your first thread having learned so very little, would only indicate a uncomplicated and thin-skinned figure who is unwilling to engage in legitimate debate. Speculation has mounted that this is how Trolls are born by your manner and answers. Perhaps it doesnt matter at this stage with so very that could be  cited as argumentation. Early I can only guess you did very little research. You know, Bill Nye the science guy, seems to know more about Sumeriology and the bible passage of the account about where the languages were 'confused' than yourself by all accounts. Stop lashing out and stop using tactics in avoidance of serious talking points. The more you act like this is one giant trial and/or affliction, and as your deepen frustration increases. What is the result, the further away we get from both the subject and actual talking points. You no longer have the right to be irritated, if you wont present actual evidence and reasons to consider a biblical teaching or biblical account. Why to bother with you in the first place, if all you can do is lash out when you dont like what another is saying. You haven't even tried to take a stab at providing and answer or bothering to comment on the individual comments. If Harley is talking about general 'unbelief', what does that have to do with the subject-matter or the OP at your Thread ?  You dont need to comment. Why am I telling you this. Most people who have English as their first language are able to easily identify a topic and when one is merely making a comment that doesnt have anything to do with the subject matter of the topic. If you dont appreciate the free advise you neednt be worried about it. I myself asked you repeatedly in your thread to reply. There is no set time limit, make a note. Oh, yeah these specific people wanted a reply. Add to the list get around to it when you can. Easy! So, Where does it go from here ? This is how you go out with your name crossed out ?!?? If all you can do is change the subject, start a new thread.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10626
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary

danatemporary wrote:
 Furrycatherder might have left because Brian never did give Furry that 'panentheist' badge (approx .6th of Jun or Jul) he/she kept on about.

I don't think we've seen the last of her, I just think she's just a legitimately busy person. This is either the second or third protracted absent period for her. She'll be back.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Charlineoeu
Posts: 2
Joined: 2012-02-08
User is offlineOffline
Spam edited. I'd delete, but

Spam edited. I'd delete, but responses would be at risk, so I'll just delete the content.
~Vastet


Charlineoeu
Posts: 2
Joined: 2012-02-08
User is offlineOffline
Spam edited. I'd delete, but

Spam edited. I'd delete, but responses would be at risk, so I'll just delete the content.
~Vastet


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 882
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
YOU WANT THAT ATHEIST SUBSTANCE TO GO? IT'S GONE!

jcgadfly wrote:

 Can be found in these posts:

 

442, 466, 472, 519, 526, 531, 616, 620, 623

Now, work on answering this question:

 

 Quote:

 Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

 

severalth + 30± µ3 time

 

 

 

 

 

FLY, 

Now...

Which # mentioned would I order for an Atheist Mc Substance combo?  Where's the beef?    (#442    #466   #472   #519   #526   #531   #616   #620   #623). 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:jcgadfly

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

 Can be found in these posts:

 

442, 466, 472, 519, 526, 531, 616, 620, 623

Now, work on answering this question:

 

 Quote:

 Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

 

severalth + 30± µ3 time

 

 

 

 

 

FLY, 

Now...

Which # mentioned would I order for an Atheist Mc Substance combo?  Where's the beef?    (#442    #466   #472   #519   #526   #531   #616   #620   #623). 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

Hey meph,

Why should I continue to deal with a person who can't be trusted not to lie about something as trivial as his username? I can't take you seriously anymore. Are you lying about Jesus and the Bible you worship also?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:You will find

Fonzie wrote:

You will find that in dealing with the power company you are dealing with a very independent bunch.  You call them, find out where they want the mast, how high the meter, what size ground rod, how deep, what wire, how many clamps, location, etc. but when it comes to hooking up the power or if they will hook up the power - you don't tell them.  They will hook it up if and when they want.  Being conscious of that fact helps get it done BTW.

If I pay a company to come do something and they call me up and say "we'll get to it when we feel like it, which might be never", I would cancel the job on the spot, demand my money back, and advise my friends and family to not do business with this company. Seriously, who in their right mind would EVER do business with a company like that?

 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

JC, 

Now...

Which # mentioned would I order for an Atheist Mc Substance combo?  Where's the beef?    (#442    #466   #472   #519   #526   #531   #616   #620   #623). 

 

 

In all of them. 

 

If you didn't want the answers, you shouldn't have asked the question.

 

 


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 882
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
THE HELL YOU SAY

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

 Can be found in these posts:

 

442, 466, 472, 519, 526, 531, 616, 620, 623

Now, work on answering this question:

 

 Quote:

 Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

 

severalth + 30± µ3 time

 

 

 

 

 

FLY, 

Now...

Which # mentioned would I order for an Atheist Mc Substance combo?  Where's the beef?    (#442    #466   #472   #519   #526   #531   #616   #620   #623). 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

Hey meph,

Why should I continue to deal with a person who can't be trusted not to lie about something as trivial as his username? I can't take you seriously anymore. Are you lying about Jesus and the Bible you worship also?

 

 

 

 

Fly,

Your answer acknowledges the importance of faith in learning - sharing - forum/ing.  You don't have faith in me (anymore?) thus why exhibit your pearls, why dazzle me with your depth, wow me with your zeal for the atheist way, the better way.  I get it and I don't take it personally.  I haven't done anything for you, really (no one has).  You have passed up faith in Jesus and faith in God for faith in yourself or no need for faith at all - how would I know I'm not privy.  You have yourself - what more could you want, could there be, could I add.  I can only imagine the wonder of the world you live and move in and have your being - a world I'm an alien to, a world not shared by the likes of me.  I look on like one of the cows - the other cow being pulled out of the mud .... with "fear and hope" - and wonder what it's like to be you, to be whole, to be self-sufficient, to have life within oneself, a fire self-lit, an engine self-powered, a plan self created.  I only see the results but alas I am shut out from the splendored nuclear core that satisfies and nourishes said fly, that enables flight, that navigates for time, times, and half a time, me alone and estranged in the hell you say that is mine for the loss in life's lottery of me not being you, nor getting to rejoice in the light of your countenance.   (sigh)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Fly,Your answer

Fonzie wrote:
Fly,

Your answer acknowledges the importance of faith in learning - sharing - forum/ing.  You don't have faith in me (anymore?) thus why exhibit your pearls, why dazzle me with your depth, wow me with your zeal for the atheist way, the better way.  I get it and I don't take it personally.  I haven't done anything for you, really (no one has).  You have passed up faith in Jesus and faith in God for faith in yourself or no need for faith at all - how would I know I'm not privy.  You have yourself - what more could you want, could there be, could I add.  I can only imagine the wonder of the world you live and move in and have your being - a world I'm an alien to, a world not shared by the likes of me.  I look on like one of the cows - the other cow being pulled out of the mud .... with "fear and hope" - and wonder what it's like to be you, to be whole, to be self-sufficient, to have life within oneself, a fire self-lit, an engine self-powered, a plan self created.  I only see the results but alas I am shut out from the splendored nuclear core that satisfies and nourishes said fly, that enables flight, that navigates for time, times, and half a time, me alone and estranged in the hell you say that is mine for the loss in life's lottery of me not being you, nor getting to rejoice in the light of your countenance.   (sigh)

 

 

You asked the question, he answered it.  The end.

 

Not sure why you feel the need to add all that strange, attempted sarcasm, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

And it is kind of nonsensical to on one hand acknowledge he finds sharing important, and then turn around and accuse him of being self-absorbed and superior. You're contradicting yourself again. You tend to do that when you're trying to provoke people.

 

Anyway, how about returning the favor and answering his question ? 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:jcgadfly

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

 Can be found in these posts:

 

442, 466, 472, 519, 526, 531, 616, 620, 623

Now, work on answering this question:

 

 Quote:

 Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

 

severalth + 30± µ3 time

 

 

 

 

 

FLY, 

Now...

Which # mentioned would I order for an Atheist Mc Substance combo?  Where's the beef?    (#442    #466   #472   #519   #526   #531   #616   #620   #623). 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

Hey meph,

Why should I continue to deal with a person who can't be trusted not to lie about something as trivial as his username? I can't take you seriously anymore. Are you lying about Jesus and the Bible you worship also?

 

 

 

 

Fly,

Your answer acknowledges the importance of faith in learning - sharing - forum/ing.  You don't have faith in me (anymore?) thus why exhibit your pearls, why dazzle me with your depth, wow me with your zeal for the atheist way, the better way.  I get it and I don't take it personally.  I haven't done anything for you, really (no one has).  You have passed up faith in Jesus and faith in God for faith in yourself or no need for faith at all - how would I know I'm not privy.  You have yourself - what more could you want, could there be, could I add.  I can only imagine the wonder of the world you live and move in and have your being - a world I'm an alien to, a world not shared by the likes of me.  I look on like one of the cows - the other cow being pulled out of the mud .... with "fear and hope" - and wonder what it's like to be you, to be whole, to be self-sufficient, to have life within oneself, a fire self-lit, an engine self-powered, a plan self created.  I only see the results but alas I am shut out from the splendored nuclear core that satisfies and nourishes said fly, that enables flight, that navigates for time, times, and half a time, me alone and estranged in the hell you say that is mine for the loss in life's lottery of me not being you, nor getting to rejoice in the light of your countenance.   (sigh)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

Meph, if you are so willing to lie about trivia how can anyone trust you when you talk about important things?

(Hey nony I may have started a new game)

I'll come by and bat you around occasionally with this knowing that you'll never grow the stones needed to answer it. 

If you want to learn, you need to listen to those who want to teach.  Others have taught you better than I. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Meph, if you

jcgadfly wrote:

Meph, if you are so willing to lie about trivia how can anyone trust you when you talk about important things?

(Hey nony I may have started a new game)

 

 

4 more years ! 4 more years !

 

(I'd type "lol", but that would be "mocking and raging", and that's one drinking game I'm never playing again)


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:jcgadfly

Anonymouse wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Meph, if you are so willing to lie about trivia how can anyone trust you when you talk about important things?

(Hey nony I may have started a new game)

 

 

4 more years ! 4 more years !

 

(I'd type "lol", but that would be "mocking and raging", and that's one drinking game I'm never playing again)

The way meph mocks his god I doubt if it would make too much of a difference.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 882
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
PRE PAID

blacklight915 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

You will find that in dealing with the power company you are dealing with a very independent bunch.  You call them, find out where they want the mast, how high the meter, what size ground rod, how deep, what wire, how many clamps, location, etc. but when it comes to hooking up the power or if they will hook up the power - you don't tell them.  They will hook it up if and when they want.  Being conscious of that fact helps get it done BTW.

If I pay a company to come do something and they call me up and say "we'll get to it when we feel like it, which might be never", I would cancel the job on the spot, demand my money back, and advise my friends and family to not do business with this company. Seriously, who in their right mind would EVER do business with a company like that?

 

 

Blacklight, 

In this case you didn't pay.  It's paid for and you're not in a bargaining position - only an accepting position.  

 

 

 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Blacklight, In

Fonzie wrote:

Blacklight, 

In this case you didn't pay.  It's paid for and you're not in a bargaining position - only an accepting position.  

 

 

I am almost afraid to ask what it is that we have, that is already paid for and taken us out of the bargaining position (or what it even is that we are not in a position to bargain about) or how a power company plays into this whole analogy.

I guess not too afraid, because I did post this. Maybe I have had one too many beers tonight.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:4 more

Anonymouse wrote:

4 more years ! 4 more years !

 

It's worse than finding out a politician has been re-elected eh ?

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 882
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
NOTE TO BRIAN

Sapient wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Luca,

My ISP has been blocked from RSSQ (I can't even load the site) - but this weekend we are visiting out of town.   The web site administrator has enough information to unblock me if he wants to.  Sapient told me he wants me unblocked which I'm confident is true, but there is some sort of a mysterious problem.  It's probably as it should be.

 

This is true for the most part.  We don't know why he is blocked and don't want him blocked.  We think it's somehow on his end.  He is not blocked from our site, he is blocked from the server.  My server admin looked into it, we can't seem to figure it out.

 

 

 

BRIAN,

It appears that atheism won't stand up to close examination - it appears that the joy of the moment is mocking and giving the team impression that "we atheists are really tearing up Christianity" but to set that false impression aside for a moment and ask what the plan is the atheist is following (other than mocking and ridiculing Christ and Christianity) - that discussion hasn't been productive.  Maybe since you are the owner/operator of the whole website you can clear this up.   

When I ask about this (atheist substance) I don't get a clear answer.  In other words you say you don't have faith (and I know there's different forms of this "no faith" jazz) but in order to function in this world you have to have faith in something or somebody.  What is your faith in and what is your plan?  How do you answer the question of the meaning of life and death, right and wrong, where we came from and why are we here?  What is your common standard of reference?  What I believe on this is real to me and I have laid it out - and I have also given reasons why.    

The typical atheist answer to close scrutiny is to revert to mocking, personal attack and other void emanations.  It's true I've been asking this for a long time... but the answer, "oh, we answered that a long time ago" is simply a lie.  This question hasn't been answered a long time ago (it's a reference to something that doesn't exist)  and I'm beginning to think you guys don't have any answers of substance.  I'm beginning to think your great "movement" here consists only in the so-called glee of in your collective eyes tearing down faith in Christ, the gospel, the Bible and God which isn't going to be done.  You have nothing of substance it appears beyond crowbar work to build your life on.  

You can come on and mention you have done good works in the world - is your faith in that?  Isn't it true that you are necessarily putting your faith in your perception of the world - which is what?

Secondly, I believe I was unjustly kicked off because certain atheists couldn't take the heat.  Maybe they made big contributions to your site and requested me off I don't know.  But after quite a bit of the runaround due to pressing the question just described they tried to get out of it all with the lie that they had already answered this question.  They haven't.  Maybe you as leader can clear it up for them and me.  

So I was kicked down to troll status which I accepted and started PALACE LIFE - just having a little fun being a troll and trying to find out what atheists have faith in.  Then whoever it is that can handle all the crap that is put out on the site but couldn't handle what I was pressing had me kicked off that.  If you can show me what there was about "WHAT FAITH YOU" or "PALACE LIFE" that didn't meet the atheist standard (and also - what IS the atheist standard?) I would like to know what it is.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:It appears that

Fonzie wrote:

It appears that atheism won't stand up to close examination - it appears that the joy of the moment is mocking and giving the team impression that "we atheists are really tearing up Christianity" but to set that false impression aside for a moment and ask what the plan is the atheist is following (other than mocking and ridiculing Christ and Christianity) - that discussion hasn't been productive.  Maybe since you are the owner/operator of the whole website you can clear this up.   

When the whole entire topic of this thread has been argued, again and again and again and again and again. There is not really nothing left to talk about. Jokes and humor seem to be all that is left.

Fonzie wrote:

When I ask about this (atheist substance) I don't get a clear answer.  In other words you say you don't have faith (and I know there's different forms of this "no faith" jazz) but in order to function in this world you have to have faith in something or somebody.  What is your faith in and what is your plan?  How do you answer the question of the meaning of life and death, right and wrong, where we came from and why are we here?  What is your common standard of reference?  What I believe on this is real to me and I have laid it out - and I have also given reasons why.   

Heavy heavy sigh. Faith can not hold up as a knowledge claim. It is a fallacy of equivocation to say that : "You have faith in something" as though that somehow validates the christian faith.

Any type of "faith" that any sane, rational, human being puts into anything is probably due to A) experience from prior circumstances that something can take place that has happened before or B) simple hope.  Hope is a desire, hope is a feeling. Hope is not a basis for a knowledge claim. I can hope for world peace all day long, doesn't mean that it substantiates anything.

Where we came from is self-evident via scientific observation and evidence. Why are we here ? There's no reason. It's pointless. Evolution does not have a purpose in mind.

Whether you believe your faith is true or not is beside the point. Faith again, is not a knowledge claim. Faith is simply pretending to know things that you can not possibly know.

I may believe that humans are intrinsically "good" for want of a better descriptive. That doesn't make it true. Evidence is the only thing that can work. Falsifiable,observable, testable, evidence.

I'll change my mind about not believing in god when evidence is presented that gives me a real reason for doing so. Until then, I see no reason to give the god claim any validity.

I can't possibly be expected to give all of those claimsany weight via lack of evidence for such.

Fonzie wrote:

The typical atheist answer to close scrutiny is to revert to mocking, personal attack and other void emanations.  It's true I've been asking this for a long time... but the answer, "oh, we answered that a long time ago" is simply a lie.  This question hasn't been answered a long time ago (it's a reference to something that doesn't exist)  and I'm beginning to think you guys don't have any answers of substance.  I'm beginning to think your great "movement" here consists only in the so-called glee of in your collective eyes tearing down faith in Christ, the gospel, the Bible and God which isn't going to be done.  You have nothing of substance it appears beyond crowbar work to build your life on.  

It HAS  been covered before. You asked me once how the Big Bang could give my life meaning. I told you that there is no meaning behind the Big Bang, this is the way that we know it happened. We went over some basic stuff about evolution and stuff.

I would say that you don't have anything of substance to offer if everyone that has been involved on this thread for any length of time can tell you, that Deluded God, TG Baker, Rednef and a few others have covered all of this.

Fonzie wrote:

Secondly, I believe I was unjustly kicked off because certain atheists couldn't take the heat.  Maybe they made big contributions to your site and requested me off I don't know.  But after quite a bit of the runaround due to pressing the question just described they tried to get out of it all with the lie that they had already answered this question.  They haven't.  Maybe you as leader can clear it up for them and me.  

That was before my time, so I don't know. I have only been here since 2010 and this thread already had about 5,000 posts back then. How I got drawn into it I do not remember.

Somebody else, will probably be willing to answer that one for you. I am sure there are many people that were around when that those other threads that you posted under another name can remember. 

Is it in Trollville ? Can it be looked at ? 

Should be since nothing that I am aware of gets deleted here.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Blacklight, In

Fonzie wrote:

Blacklight, 

In this case you didn't pay.  It's paid for and you're not in a bargaining position - only an accepting position.

Do I get to know what it is and what it does before I accept it?  Do I get proof and/or evidence that it exists and functions as specified?

 


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1223
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

 

I actually hadn't heard that song before you mentioned it.  Having listened to it now, I'd say it's alright.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:BRIAN,It


Fonzie wrote:
BRIAN,

It appears that atheism won't stand up to close examination - it appears that the joy of the moment is mocking and giving the team impression that "we atheists are really tearing up Christianity"

It appears, that in all those years, you did not read a single post. Not even your own. You just spent four years here bearing false witness. I'd say you're doing a great job of "tearing up christianity" all on your own.

 

Fonzie wrote:
but to set that false impression aside for a moment and ask what the plan is the atheist is following (other than mocking and ridiculing Christ and Christianity) - that discussion hasn't been productive.  
  

You asked for answers to your questions. You got them. Over and over again. This is your definition of an unproductive discussion ?  


 

Fonzie wrote:
Maybe since you are the owner/operator of the whole website you can clear this up.  
 

Oh, I can help you out there. See, the idea is to make the forum as cozy as possible for the theists who do the worst job possible representing their religion.  From Brian's pov, your one of our most valued members.

 

Fonzie wrote:
When I ask about this (atheist substance) I don't get a clear answer.  
 

Yes, you do. The funny thing is that you even acknowledge that yourself, here in this very thread. You have thanked people for their clear explanations (JC among them) and claimed you thought you understood their way of seeing things. Either you were lying then, or you're lying now. You really need to stop trying to have it both ways.

 

 

Fonzie wrote:
In other words you say you don't have faith (and I know there's different forms of this "no faith" jazz) but in order to function in this world you have to have faith in something or somebody.  What is your faith in and what is your plan?  How do you answer the question of the meaning of life and death, right and wrong, where we came from and why are we here?  What is your common standard of reference?  What I believe on this is real to me and I have laid it out - and I have also given reasons why.   
 

So have the people you asked this question to. The proof of that is in all your threads. Why would you lie like this ? Why ? 

You know, the last time I typed these words, and you responded with your usual snarky "oh yeah, show me where !" , which I did, only to be ignored AGAIN, so you could repeat that lie AGAIN....the last time you did that, your incredible dishonesty actually made me physically sick.

But sure, since the management of this forum is determined to let you lie to your heart's content, I'll oblige yet one more time : I have faith in many things, just not in anything supernatural. My plans are many. I guess my main plan right now is to make my loved ones as happy as possible. The meaning of my life is what I put into it, and death is merely a necessary part of that. Right and wrong are the rules we need to live together in harmony. My common standard of reference is a collection of the best, kindest, most courageous and interesting people I ever met. Yes, real, actual people. Go figure.

Did I just answer his questions AGAIN ? Why did I do that ??? *sob*


 

Fonzie wrote:
The typical atheist answer to close scrutiny is to revert to mocking, personal attack and other void emanations.  It's true I've been asking this for a long time... but the answer, "oh, we answered that a long time ago" is simply a lie.  This question hasn't been answered a long time ago (it's a reference to something that doesn't exist)  and I'm beginning to think you guys don't have any answers of substance.  I'm beginning to think your great "movement" here consists only in the so-called glee of in your collective eyes tearing down faith in Christ, the gospel, the Bible and God which isn't going to be done.  You have nothing of substance it appears beyond crowbar work to build your life on.  
 

I...I...I..

Seriously, how can you even type that ? How ? I don't understand !!! PEOPLE CAN READ ! Anyone who has read this thread or even just your previous one KNOWS you are lying here. 

All those answers you claim you were never given ? IT'S ALL STILL HERE ! PEOPLE CAN READ THEM ! This is like opening a phone book and saying "there are no phone numbers in this book" ! 

 

Fonzie wrote:
You can come on and mention you have done good works in the world - is your faith in that?

Why would anyone need faith in their own good works ? How does that even make sense ?  


Fonzie wrote:
 Isn't it true that you are necessarily putting your faith in your perception of the world - which is what?

Even without faith, you will still perceive the world. Which is called reality.

 

Fonzie wrote:
Secondly, I believe I was unjustly kicked off because certain atheists couldn't take the heat.  Maybe they made big contributions to your site and requested me off I don't know.  But after quite a bit of the runaround due to pressing the question just described they tried to get out of it all with the lie that they had already answered this question.  They haven't.  Maybe you as leader can clear it up for them and me.
 

You are referring to Hamby and Deludedgod ? Yes, in their dealings with you, they never once answered a single one of your questions. That's absolutely, undeniably true. Of course it is. Why ? Because you just said it. Does it matter that the actual thread and Hamby and Deludedgod, and everybody else's posts prove you completely and absolutely wrong ? OF COURSE IT DOESN'T ! WHO CARES WHAT THEY ACTUALLY SAID ! NOT US !

 

Fonzie wrote:
So I was kicked down to troll status which I accepted and started PALACE LIFE - just having a little fun being a troll and trying to find out what atheists have faith in.  Then whoever it is that can handle all the crap that is put out on the site but couldn't handle what I was pressing had me kicked off that.
 

Yes, the rest of the site is "crap". Only you have value. This is also true. Actually read the other stuff to check that claim ? Why would anyone bother ? 

 

Fonzie wrote:
If you can show me what there was about "WHAT FAITH YOU" or "PALACE LIFE" that didn't meet the atheist standard (and also - what IS the atheist standard?) I would like to know what it is.  
 

Actually, if you read those threads, you'll find that the mods at the time explained their actions and position in great detail, and offered you every chance to react. "PALACE LIFE" in particular, had a long , final post that explained their decision at length. 

You choose to ignore that, waited until those mods stopped being active on the board, and then you simply made a new account. You were caught almost immediately, but were allowed to continue. 

This would strongly suggest that the "atheist standard" is, among other things, very forgiving indeed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
da-da-da-daaaaa

Anonymouse, you seem surprised that life is repetitive.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
luca wrote:Anonymouse, you

luca wrote:

Anonymouse, you seem surprised that life is repetitive.

Speak for yourself. My life is a rollercoaster of opportunities and random sexual encounters. Smiling

This dude finally answered a question I asked him 4 years ago. Did not expect that to happen in my lifetime.

Hey, would you like to engage him in an utterly pointless "discussion" that will end with all your posts magically being wiped from (his) reality, or would you like me to do that so you can go do something useful ? 

Go ahead, surprise me. 

 

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1546
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Gosh, just having a little fun.

Gosh, just having a little fun

Anonymouse wrote:


Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
but to set that false impression aside for a moment and ask what the plan is the atheist is following (other than mocking and ridiculing Christ and Christianity) - that discussion hasn't been productive.  
  

You asked for answers to your questions. You got them. Over and over again. This is your definition of an unproductive discussion ?  


 

Fonzie wrote:
Maybe since you are the owner/operator of the whole website you can clear this up.  
 

Oh, I can help you out there. See, the idea is to make the forum as cozy as possible for the theists who do the worst job possible representing their religion.  From Brian's pov, your one of our most valued members.

 

Fonzie wrote:
When I ask about this (atheist substance) I don't get a clear answer.  
 

Yes, you do. The funny thing is that you even acknowledge that yourself, here in this very thread. You have thanked people for their clear explanations (JC among them) and claimed you thought you understood their way of seeing things. Either you were lying then, or you're lying now. You really need to stop trying to have it both ways.

Fonzie wrote:
So I was kicked down to troll status which I accepted and started PALACE LIFE - just having a little fun being a troll and trying to find out what atheists have faith in.  Then whoever it is that can handle all the crap that is put out on the site but couldn't handle what I was pressing had me kicked off that.
 

Yes, the rest of the site is "crap". Only you have value. This is also true. Actually read the other stuff to check that claim ? Why would anyone bother ? 


  Hey  Works for you !

 Just having a little fun being a Troll? Was that in conflict with any of the goals you set out for yourself in anyway ? "I am just delivering the message of the gospel not disputing about it.  Believe in Jesus or die - that's an eternal fact." Charming but that would never get you a Troll-badge on this board. Interesting thing about becoming a Troll, or receiving that status.  Encase it escaped your notice, you am I kidding how would you even know, You are on a board where the head man so values the 'freedom of speech', he didnt even a award it to a certain someone who said,  Atheists have sex with dogs. Reality check! ANY Xtian board in the land would have immediately banned anyone who would have suggested such a thing, NO EXCUSES!! None! People will tell you how little tolerance there is on Xian messageboards to start with. There would be no excuse, no matter your state of peak. You can say Bite me on this board in contrast to Xian boards. Can I let you in on a little secret about what it takes to get a Troll-badge on this board? One who made it (to that status) made inexpressible 'rude' and 'sexually suggestive' statements to the women, the kind that would make a sailor blush, they were that crude, Okay? Very directly, so there was no misconstruding their meaning. And of course, another one (who is conspicuous by his absence) was talking about literally 'delighting' in seeing the damned suffer in Hell as he 'laughted at them'. Tom, one of the members who passed away, he made fun of as being a 'dummy', and ended that by saying he hopes in enjoys the torments of hell, as he put it, which exclaimed Tom allegedly now is in (who I needn't name). This is no Christless-eternity or debate. It is direct and personal. Reality check, bobo.! This is a real life man and member of the board who very recently passed away, at the time. Judging by these real life examples, I dont know what kind of christian you claim to be but if you got a Troll badge I'd just as well not bother to find out. Maybe that 'fun' was a sin, maybe ? I heard not too long ago about a member who has a terminal illness. Now I know big girls aren't supposed to cry, but I had a whole bunch of tears welling-up in my eyes just reminding others about it. I noticed I did cry. You my friend can go back to your 'fun'. This status and endless rambling is the example you wish to set for others ?!? Did it ever occur to you eyes may be watching ? I'd rather stay as far away as is possible from anyone who earned a Troll-badge. Good day, bobo.

 


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
sarà...

Anonymouse wrote:
luca wrote:
Anonymouse, you seem surprised that life is repetitive.

Speak for yourself. My life is a rollercoaster of opportunities and random sexual encounters. Smiling

Repeated sexual encounters. I never said repetition is not pleasuring.

Anonymouse wrote:
This dude finally answered a question I asked him 4 years ago. Did not expect that to happen in my lifetime.

Hey, would you like to engage him in an utterly pointless "discussion" that will end with all your posts magically being wiped from (his) reality,

The point you don't seem to understand is that I don't care about that.

Anonymouse wrote:
or would you like me to do that so you can go do something useful ?

Sorry I don't understand.

Anonymouse wrote:
Go ahead, surprise me. 

I think "the question" was already answered time ago - although not this explicitely - when he joked about that, in fact I'm surprised that message did not have much attention.


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
luca wrote:The point you

luca wrote:
The point you don't seem to understand is that I don't care about that.

Oh, I got that the first time. Other people do care, though. Do try to take that into consideration when he grabs the lifeline you've thrown him. Again.

luca wrote:
Sorry I don't understand.

No problem, I'll explain : wouldn't you rather participate in one of the many discussions on this forum where people might actually care about what you have to say ?

luca wrote:
I think "the question" was already answered time ago - although not this explicitely - when he joked about that, in fact I'm surprised that message did not have much attention.
 

No, it wasn't. And we've known it was him from the start. The point was to have him answer just one question honestly, which he simply refused for 4 years.

So now we're on to the follow-up question :

jcgadfly wrote:
Meph, if you are so willing to lie about trivia how can anyone trust you when you talk about important things?
 

I'm putting a timer on this one. Maybe that'll help. (3)

 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:BRIAN,It

Fonzie wrote:

BRIAN,

It appears that atheism won't stand up to close examination - it appears that the joy of the moment is mocking and giving the team impression that "we atheists are really tearing up Christianity" but to set that false impression aside for a moment and ask what the plan is the atheist is following (other than mocking and ridiculing Christ and Christianity) - that discussion hasn't been productive.  Maybe since you are the owner/operator of the whole website you can clear this up.  

I'd be glad to clear it up.  Simply put, this website has helped lead thousands of people away from religion because theism doesn't stand up to any examination... close or far.  Mockery, ridicule, and laughter are deserved of people who believe the ridiculous nonsense in the buy-bull.

 

Quote:
In other words you say you don't have faith (and I know there's different forms of this "no faith" jazz) but in order to function in this world you have to have faith in something or somebody.  

Faith is what you use to believe in things you have no proof for.  I find faith detestable.  I refuse to utilize it.  I may believe things that I have a reasonable expectation based on data, evidence, or experience of something but certainly never faith.

 

Quote:
The typical atheist answer to close scrutiny is to revert to mocking, personal attack and other void emanations.  

It just seems like that to you because you are delusional and unwilling to be honest with yourself and those around you.

 

Quote:
Secondly, I believe I was unjustly kicked off because certain atheists couldn't take the heat.  

I've told you many times and you even admitted that you believed me that I never purposefully removed you.  You are delusional, a liar, or at the very least extremely forgetful.

 

Quote:
So I was kicked down to troll status which I accepted and started PALACE LIFE - just having a little fun being a troll and trying to find out what atheists have faith in.  

I visited this thread today to explain why I was not going to give you a troll badge.  You had the troll badge removed very early in your stay here.  If I had a delusional and forgetful badge I would use it for you.  Since I don't and since you've admitted here that you are having a fun being a troll, I will affix the troll badge to your account now.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Feredir28
Feredir28's picture
Posts: 45
Joined: 2011-01-08
User is offlineOffline
This works too...

I am very late joining this party, but after I read this bloke's post I just couldn't resist.

To demonstrate how ludicrous this is Fonzie, let me play around with your post. Maybe when you see this exact same thing under a different approach may you see the hilarious absurdity of your post.

....

 

Faith in King Arthur works for me - it's exciting.  I love the fairy tales of Camelot and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in King Arthur.  I'm not a historian, I just believe in King Arthur.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in King Arthur and the fairy tales of Camelot, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the fairy tales of Camelot or King Arthur.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think King Arthur or Avalon is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

 

....

Well, here is something I, and I am sure everyone else on RRS, can provide: truth, a breakaway from delusion

Believe as hard as you want and however long you want, faith can make you believe anything no matter how ludicrous it is, but in the end faith and mere belief has no impact on reality. You may continue to spit in the face of reality, turn your back on observable truth, and believe in fairy tales your whole life...but in the end the only person you are fooling is yourself.

 

If you wish to live your life in a bubble of make-believe, I say knock yourself out. but if you ask me what I can provide that is better...how about a life that is not centered around a lie.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Feredir28 wrote:I am very

Feredir28 wrote:

I am very late joining this party, but after I read this bloke's post I just couldn't resist.

To demonstrate how ludicrous this is Fonzie, let me play around with your post. Maybe when you see this exact same thing under a different approach may you see the hilarious absurdity of your post.

....

 

Faith in King Arthur works for me - it's exciting.  I love the fairy tales of Camelot and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in King Arthur.  I'm not a historian, I just believe in King Arthur.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in King Arthur and the fairy tales of Camelot, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the fairy tales of Camelot or King Arthur.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think King Arthur or Avalon is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

 

....

Well, here is something I, and I am sure everyone else on RRS, can provide: truth, a breakaway from delusion

Believe as hard as you want and however long you want, faith can make you believe anything no matter how ludicrous it is, but in the end faith and mere belief has no impact on reality. You may continue to spit in the face of reality, turn your back on observable truth, and believe in fairy tales your whole life...but in the end the only person you are fooling is yourself.

 

If you wish to live your life in a bubble of make-believe, I say knock yourself out. but if you ask me what I can provide that is better...how about a life that is not centered around a lie.

At least the tale of King Arthur and Camelot is entertaining. The bible, if you are going to take it as fiction, is a horribly written rag. If your going to take it as literal truth, it is horrifying. Either way, the word horror factors into it somehow.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 882
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
FAITH WORLDS APART FROM RELIGION

Sapient wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

BRIAN,

It appears that atheism won't stand up to close examination - it appears that the joy of the moment is mocking and giving the team impression that "we atheists are really tearing up Christianity" but to set that false impression aside for a moment and ask what the plan is the atheist is following (other than mocking and ridiculing Christ and Christianity) - that discussion hasn't been productive.  Maybe since you are the owner/operator of the whole website you can clear this up.  

I'd be glad to clear it up.  Simply put, this website has helped lead thousands of people away from religion because theism doesn't stand up to any examination... close or far.  Mockery, ridicule, and laughter are deserved of people who believe the ridiculous nonsense in the buy-bull.

 

 You know Brian, religion is the wrong focus.  The question is whether or not Jesus is real and risen from the dead.  I say He is - and He is the Ultimate Reality.  The atheist response has been, "You have an imaginary friend".  I agree religion doesn't cut it, religion doesn't satisfy, religion (salvation by works) is a miserable trip.  "He who through faith is righteous shall live" is what I am talking about - salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.  Through faith we put on the Righteousness of God which is the Life/Death/Resurrection of Christ.  Christ lives in us through the connection of faith.
Sapient wrote:

 

 

 

Quote:
In other words you say you don't have faith (and I know there's different forms of this "no faith" jazz) but in order to function in this world you have to have faith in something or somebody.  

Faith is what you use to believe in things you have no proof for.  I find faith detestable.  I refuse to utilize it.  I may believe things that I have a reasonable expectation based on data, evidence, or experience of something but certainly never faith.

 I don't think you really mean this as I understand it.  If you have a wife you have faith in her.  If you have a friend you have faith in the friend.  If you have principles you adhere to you have faith in your perception of them.  You can't say you don't have faith in your fellow atheists can you?  
Sapient wrote:

 

Quote:
The typical atheist answer to close scrutiny is to revert to mocking, personal attack and other void emanations.  

It just seems like that to you because you are delusional and unwilling to be honest with yourself and those around you.

 

Quote:
 I have gone through a torturous trip of honesty blood bought.  I have looked at these things I'm discussing from all angles.  I am being honest with myself and with you.  You just don't have faith in me or what I'm saying - but I am told in Scripture that it's not a thing to be taken personally - it's because you reject Jesus not me.  
Sapient wrote:

 

Secondly, I believe I was unjustly kicked off because certain atheists couldn't take the heat.  

I've told you many times and you even admitted that you believed me that I never purposefully removed you.  You are delusional, a liar, or at the very least extremely forgetful.

 I believe you that you didn't purposefully remove me just as I said and you said.  What I'm referring to is being kicked off the site earlier as "Mephibosheth" after the thread "What Faith You" then being made a troll and starting "PALACE LIFE" as a troll, then being kicked off that.  If you examine those posts there was nothing distasteful in them.  I was kicked off at the point of saying how ridiculous it is to think that a few old men on a boat figured out evolution and probably one of the old men had egg in his beard, etc.  There was nothing in it that was degrading to your site - I was drying to discuss the folly of believing in evolution.  That was a touchy subject with Deludedgod.  
Sapient wrote:

 

Quote:
So I was kicked down to troll status which I accepted and started PALACE LIFE - just having a little fun being a troll and trying to find out what atheists have faith in.  

I visited this thread today to explain why I was not going to give you a troll badge.  You had the troll badge removed very early in your stay here.  If I had a delusional and forgetful badge I would use it for you.  Since I don't and since you've admitted here that you are having a fun being a troll, I will affix the troll badge to your account now.

 

 

Sapient,

This is your site and you can do whatever you want obviously on it.  I am here honestly discussing things I honestly believe and openly share.  I know they are different than yours.  If you want to just surround yourself with those who believe like you do then I think you are the one that wants something other than reality.  

You have misunderstood me concerning me believing you.  I wasn't referring to being recently blocked due to a mysterious problem of some kind and couldn't post on this thread.  I was kicked off the site before unjustly when I used the Mephobisheth username.  Since I believed it was unjust and personality related only I signed back up as Fonzie and continued discussing my faith.  In fact, I never lied in any of these posts about the Mephibosheth any more than Abraham saying Sarah was his sister.  She was his half sister.  

You can put me wherever you want or don't want me on the site - it's up to you.  Since you refer to the Bible in a derogatory way and don't accept Jesus or God - what could I expect but your worst.  

 

 

 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:This is your

Fonzie wrote:

This is your site and you can do whatever you want obviously on it.  I am here honestly discussing things I honestly believe and openly share.  I know they are different than yours.  If you want to just surround yourself with those who believe like you do then I think you are the one that wants something other than reality.  

You have misunderstood me concerning me believing you.  I was kicked off the site unjustly when I used the Mephobisheth username.  Since I believed it was unjust I signed back up as Fonzie and continued discussing my faith.  In fact, I never lied in any of these posts about the Mephibosheth any more than Abraham saying Sarah was his sister.  She was.  

You can put me wherever you want or don't want me on the site - it's up to you.  Since you refer to the Bible in a derogatory way and don't accept Jesus or God - what could I expect but your worst.  

 

Uhm...Meph, you're still here. Nothing changed. You are still free to "discuss" whatever you like, in whatever manner you prefer.  

And now you have just accused the guy who's allowing you to do whatever you like, the guy who's provided you with a free forum to ventilate your opinions for over 5 years,....... of "surrounding himself with those who believe like you do". 

You're aware that you're not making a lick of sense, right ?

 

Fonzie wrote:
That was a touchy subject with Deludedgod.

 

Eh, no. What he objected against was that after answering all your questions about evolution in detail, he found you asking the same questions again, pretending they were never answered. That gets on everybody's nerves if you do it long enough, no matter what the subject.

In fact, your discussion with Deludegod in your original thread is recommended reading for anyone who wants to experience your astonishing dishonesty. It also paints a clear picture of who's doing all the heavy lifting in discussions like that, and who's just leaning back, ignoring the very answers he asked for.

 

(Oh, and you must certainly did lie. Numerous times. You even acknowledged it yourself once. Read the thread )

 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:And now you

Anonymouse wrote:

And now you have just accused the guy who's allowing you to do whatever you like, the guy who's provided you with a free forum to ventilate your opinions for over 5 years,....... of "surrounding himself with those who believe like you do". 

You're aware that you're not making a lick of sense, right ?

Thank you.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10626
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
It's really unbelievable

It's really unbelievable when you see people say things that are as blatantly false as, say, the claim the sun is blue.

Quote:
In fact, your discussion with Deludegod in your original thread is recommended reading for anyone who wants to experience your astonishing dishonesty. It also paints a clear picture of who's doing all the heavy lifting in discussions like that, and who's just leaning back, ignoring the very answers he asked for.

I'd have to say pretty much everything Deluded God wrote was worth reading. He was a sledge hammer to arguments against evolution. He probably has forgotten more about evolution than most of us will ever know. The response from theists was always to repeat themselves, because they literally could not understand what he was saying, and would only ever be able to if they shook their dogma and actually studied science. And even then it would be a good idea to keep a dictionary with them.

T'was like fishing in a barrel, with a nuke.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
eh

Anonymouse wrote:
luca wrote:
The point you don't seem to understand is that I don't care about that.

Oh, I got that the first time. Other people do care, though.

I'm sorry that people spends time in an unsuccessful and unsatisfying discussion, but I don't know what I can do to change things. One shouldn't think that the person at the other end of the terminal is like himself to begin with.

Anonymouse wrote:
Do try to take that into consideration when he grabs the lifeline you've thrown him. Again.

The lifeline...?

Anonymouse wrote:
luca wrote:
Sorry I don't understand.

No problem, I'll explain : wouldn't you rather participate in one of the many discussions on this forum where people might actually care about what you have to say ?

Yes, but that is a separate thing.

Anonymouse wrote:
luca wrote:
I think "the question" was already answered time ago - although not this explicitely - when he joked about that, in fact I'm surprised that message did not have much attention.
 

No, it wasn't. And we've known it was him from the start. The point was to have him answer just one question honestly, which he simply refused for 4 years.

I've not said the question was answered directly or what else.

Anonymouse wrote:
So now we're on to the follow-up question :

jcgadfly wrote:
Meph, if you are so willing to lie about trivia how can anyone trust you when you talk about important things?
 

I'm putting a timer on this one. Maybe that'll help. (3)

I doubt Fonzie/Meph thinks like that.