It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Upside

Upside wrote:

I dropped through this thread awhile back.  Looks like some  going on still.  I'm a theist and i've owned the badge, it sucks to see others owning the other badge.  Is it hard to imagine everything around will pass by and one day be gone?  Trees wither, concrete cracks, people grow old, fail and die, there's really no end to the unavoidable passing and end with everything that surrounds.  The cool thing is that in the end everything will be made new.  Even better is that, there is no need for waiting till the end, we can be made new right now.  He is at work in many now.  It's visible in many ways, not with flashing lights or horoscopes, but it is real.  There is more for you.   

Revelations 21

1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Why would you quote these gormless bible assertions to prove a series of waffley points you make for which there is no support? You argument does not become you. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Verily

Fonzie wrote:

You have a sea of feelings, some waves lapping one way, some another.  You see things, you conclude things, you feel things and on that you build your lofty house.

I don't know how you view change, but it would be wise on your part to become a fool so you could become wise.  Become simple minded and accept the invitation wisdom has sent her maids out to call you to come to dinner, to leave simpleness and live.  

verily I say unto you, beware the prose of Fonzie. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

You have a sea of feelings, some waves lapping one way, some another.  You see things, you conclude things, you feel things and on that you build your lofty house.

I don't know how you view change, but it would be wise on your part to become a fool so you could become wise.  Become simple minded and accept the invitation wisdom has sent her maids out to call you to come to dinner, to leave simpleness and live.  

I wonder if Meph knows that the people who believed Wisdom was a goddess didn't believe Jesus was a god.

Before I forget, meph:

Quote:

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

severalth + 30± µ3 time

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
crappity

Effectively Fonzie's a little sick in his mind. He remembers me not only of meph, but of mind over matter / YaHuWaH too.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
luca wrote:Effectively

luca wrote:

Effectively Fonzie's a little sick in his mind. He remembers me not only of meph, but of mind over matter / YaHuWaH too.

They do have a similar affliction...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
NOT FLYING YOU

jcgadfly wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

I wonder if Meph knows that the people who believed Wisdom was a goddess didn't believe Jesus was a god.

Before I forget, meph:

Quote:

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

severalth + 30± µ3 time

Fly (not flying),

It's very interesting that the lead punch (not landing) for the atheist - unbelief - is 180 deg opposite the most powerful force (FAITH) - connection to God, Jesus, the Word of God (denying all part of the atheist combination punch) - a total parade of ignorance and determination to love darkness rather than light. This is a riot that most of the rioters don't have the slightest idea what's being rioted but I suppose a effort to turn the conscience off if not break the switch - if not already broken.

Another weakening ingredient in the atheist is actually having faith in the wrong things yet telling themselves they don't (denying intuitivism and the unproveable) - a basic "fool yourself" to go.  With substance it's more of the same referring to atheist vapor (by number even - vapors are hard to number, no?).  

I think BTW if you're going to discuss women you better talk about folly rather than the unknown (WISDOM).  You're not far enough from home to come off in the know there.  Like Red Green to Harold when he wanted to be the front of the horse this year, "stick with what you know, Harold".    

I have read some of Meph's, "what faith you" of late and agree with most of it.  Some of it could be improved, however.  Thanks for the link.  Where's the Palace Life thread mentioned by somebody?   

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:luca

jcgadfly wrote:

luca wrote:

Yea the only thing I have gleaned from his rants here is that he can't understand or imagine that we simply don't believe his "god" figure exists outside of himself. He keeps asking what it is we believe in and apparently it has to be some spiritual daddy figure like his own. It can't make sense for him that we do good because we want to live in a cohesive society and we do not need imaginary friends to tell us how to do it. He is typical of most christians but he is on the extreme end in this respect.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:jcgadfly

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Before I forget, meph:

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

Fly (not flying),

It's very interesting that the lead punch (not landing) for the atheist - unbelief - is 180 deg opposite the most powerful force (FAITH) - connection to God, Jesus, the Word of God (denying all part of the atheist combination punch) - a total parade of ignorance and determination to love darkness rather than light. This is a riot that most of the rioters don't have the slightest idea what's being rioted but I suppose a effort to turn the conscience off if not break the switch - if not already broken.

Another weakening ingredient in the atheist is actually having faith in the wrong things yet telling themselves they don't (denying intuitivism and the unproveable) - a basic "fool yourself" to go.  With substance it's more of the same referring to atheist vapor (by number even - vapors are hard to number, no?).  

I think BTW if you're going to discuss women you better talk about folly rather than the unknown (WISDOM).  You're not far enough from home to come off in the know there.  Like Red Green to Harold when he wanted to be the front of the horse this year, "stick with what you know, Harold".    

I have read some of Meph's, "what faith you" of late and agree with most of it.  Some of it could be improved, however.  Thanks for the link.  Where's the Palace Life thread mentioned by somebody?   

If you think it needs to be improved, meph, rewrite it.

Meanwhile:

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

It'd be easier if you just own up to it. Wasting all this time not denying it has got to be difficult. 

NB: You'd have more fun calling me an atheist if I actually were one.

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THAT MORONIC THING CALLED THINKING - SO WHAT'S THINKING THOUGHT?

robj101 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

luca wrote:

Yea the only thing I have gleaned from his rants here is that he can't understand or imagine that we simply don't believe his "god" figure exists outside of himself. He keeps asking what it is we believe in and apparently it has to be some spiritual daddy figure like his own. It can't make sense for him that we do good because we want to live in a cohesive society and we do not need imaginary friends to tell us how to do it. He is typical of most christians but he is on the extreme end in this respect.

rob,

The thing I have gleaned from you and other's drive-by firebrands is that you don't make progress beyond your self-described making God out to be nothing in your estimation.  After you describe in many splendored ways that you don't believe in God, big Daddy or whatever - none of you can make any sense about where you're going with this.  You fizzle out. 

I get the idea that the only thing you have been able to find exciting is say you don't believe in God - don't respect God, don't respect the Bible, don't believe in Jesus, and are looking for other things you don't believe in or respect.  But what you are unable to describe beyond that is added proof that you are wrong in the first place - because you can't describe or defend a productive position.  I would think this would be a question to you - about the path you are on to nowhere.

One of the members here says he does a moronic thing called "thinking" - OK, where's the product of that moronic atheist thinking?  Or, if the moronic thing called thinking sees nothing coming together in life except "feeling ok", "feeling happy" which a moron as well as a cow could do - how does a "feel good", "reach out and help somebody" "unbelief" satisfy a thinking mind in a sustained way?  And how does calling vague platitudes answers satisfy the "reason" that serves as the foundation for atheist reality?  I want to hear what substance you atheists have - and not the continued lies about mirage answers that don't exist.  

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: I want to

Fonzie wrote:
 I want to hear what substance you atheists have

We're not afraid...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Fonzie

redneF wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

We're not afraid...

Especially not of simple questions like:

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

— George Carlin

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
hey, "platitudes"?!

Fonzie wrote:
robj101 wrote:
jcgadfly wrote:
luca wrote:
Effectively Fonzie's a little sick in his mind. He remembers me not only of meph, but of mind over matter /

YaHuWaH too.

rob,

The thing I have gleaned from you and other's drive-by firebrands is that you don't make progress beyond your self-described making God out to be nothing in your estimation.  After you describe in many splendored ways that you don't believe in God, big Daddy or whatever - none of you can make any sense about where you're going with this.  You fizzle out. 

I get the idea that the only thing you have been able to find exciting is say you don't believe in God - don't respect God, don't respect the Bible, don't believe in Jesus, and are looking for other things you don't believe in or respect.  But what you are unable to describe beyond that is added proof that you are wrong in the first place - because you can't describe or defend a productive position.  I would think this would be a question to you - about the path you are on to nowhere.

One of the members here says he does a moronic thing called "thinking" - OK, where's the product of that moronic atheist thinking?  Or, if the moronic thing called thinking sees nothing coming together in life except "feeling ok", "feeling happy" which a moron as well as a cow could do - how does a "feel good", "reach out and help somebody" "unbelief" satisfy a thinking mind in a sustained way?  And how does calling vague platitudes answers satisfy the "reason" that serves as the foundation for atheist reality?  I want to hear what substance you atheists have - and not the continued lies about mirage answers that don't exist. 

If you got no answers, then you only made the wrong questions.

I can't be helped but think this post similar to something darth vader-y like "I find your lack of faith... inacceptable". To which a response would be "Your abilites have made you... arrogant".

BTW how old are you, 20? 40?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hehehe

This thread will never end Laughing out loud

I forgot the last time that I posted on this particular thread.

It's been awhile back. I had said that I was done with this particular discussion, but curiousity killed the cat and satisfaction brought him back.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
HISTORIC ANSWERS IN REAL TIME

harleysportster wrote:

It's been awhile back. I had said that I was done with this particular discussion, but curiousity killed the cat and satisfaction brought him back.

Harley,

There are those among your belief (believing that you don't believe)  that will call this an "answer" - and refer back to it that my questions have been answered by you and others...  such as here in real time with the cat and it's curious satisfaction.  So you're history in the making.  Atheist substance:  Curiosity killing the cat, and satisfaction bringing him back.  That's a building block.  Late at night when you peek out the window and the sky is clear - just think about that inspiring thought that always wells up to inspire:  curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back.  Peace, sweet peace.  I guess atheists do have substance and scientific method proofs with reproducible tests - the curiosity, the satisfaction, the death, the cat's meow.  

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:harleysportster

Fonzie wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

Harley,

There are those among your belief (believing that you don't believe)  that will call this an "answer" - and refer back to it that my questions have been answered by you and others...  such as here in real time with the cat and it's curious satisfaction.  So you're history in the making.  Atheist substance:  Curiosity killing the cat, and satisfaction bringing him back.  That's a building block.  Late at night when you peek out the window and the sky is clear - just think about that inspiring thought that always wells up to inspire:  curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back.  Peace, sweet peace.  I guess atheists do have substance and scientific method proofs with reproducible tests - the curiosity, the satisfaction, the death, the cat's meow.  

Fonphibosheth/Mephzie,

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
FLY WITH NO DING DING

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

Harley,

Fonphibosheth/Mephzie,

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

Fly,

This forum is pretty high tech - it didn't even list your blurb as a new post.  Maybe if you come up with some imaginary atheist substance you will ring the bell rather than humming your flying mantra.  

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Substance I brought in answer to your questions

Can be found in these posts:

442, 466, 472, 519, 526, 531, 616, 620, 623

Now, work on answering this question:

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ATHEIST SUBSTANCE : NEED MORE EXPANSION AND EXAMPLES

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

If preaching answered questions, I'd still be a believer.

I haven't mischaracterized your answer because you've given me nothing to mischaracterize. All you've really talked about is how great your God is. It is not surprising that your God is great for you - you made him that way. If I made a God by cobbling together the parts of the Bible I enjoyed, I'd probably dig him also.

While it is true I've never traveled your road, you have never traveled mine, either. You assume that I have never been down the Christian way because I haven't done it in the exact same way you have. Please lose the martyr complex - if it came to theists like you going through what Jesus had to go through, the line to become Judases would stretch for miles.

You want to know my road? It starts in reality and ends in my death. While I'm on the path I try to help as many of my fellow travelers as I can. This road works for me because this is the only one any of us really have.

Do you do that? Or do you just pray that Jesus will help the people you see that need help and believe you've done something? I'd put money on the latter as your posts have shown that you have never cracked open the Bible you claim to love.

As for meph, I don't know if he was kicked off or just left and came back under a new name because he thought he was kicked off. If the latter, creating sock-puppet accounts will get you booted.

What god has blinded me to your view? It could well be the God of the Bible (that book you've probably never read).

JcGadfly,

The OP I am defending is that I am a working model in the sense that the "new creation" and "walking by faith" in Christ is working for me.  I read others like you indicate you have "tried" following Christ and then turned back.  How Great my God is - that is my contention and I aim to defend it to death, though I can't boast about it putting my armor on as if taking it off.

It's not at all something I've done for myself as you say create my own God.  My God isn't me and my God's thoughts are far above my thoughts.  I would never have chosen me to allow to live or give the Holy Spirit to if I had been God.  The reasoning all came from His side not mine.  I never made the first creation and definitely never made the "new creation".  But I have not only read about it I have experienced it and I am currently experiencing it.  

Your road "starts in reality and ends in death".  I want to answer that line of reasoning with the teaching of Paul that our bodies aren't really us.  We are just living in our bodies like tents, camping out.  We are spirits in tents.  I don't know how the spirit connects up with matter, but we are animated dirt.  I suppose our bones would be like the tent posts and pegs.  We're pretty waterproof but subject to disease and damage.  The eternal things are the unseen things - such as the spirit in the tent.  You are hanging on to the temporary on shore hesitating to hoist sail and venture into the unseen eternal (i.e. permanent eternal world).  Maybe you don't long for the eternal world.  Maybe you are content to eat and sleep like the ox I don't know.  But while I am content in the world in my temporary tent-home, I am not "content with" it.  I can't be satisfied with what this world has to offer.   I long to be with Christ and God, and I have a piece of heaven - the gift of the Holy Spirit - in me.  It's an earnest of my inheritance - which means it's a piece of heaven and I don't have to give it back.  I'll just get more later.  It's great, as I said in my first post.  It's active.  Walking by faith is an active living thing.  You can pose a dead body sitting but it would be hard to make it walk.  (I heard about "Weekend with Bernie).  So you are thus content with the tent huh?  You think your body is the real you?  Nobody else home huh?  Call me picky but I'm not that crazy about this tent forever.  It gets inconvenient after about 80 years I notice - if not before.

Never said you were your God. You've just taken Paul's creation and tweaked it to fit.

I do like the way you've disregarded what I said about how I lived my life to focus on the trivial. I try to help others along the way while you sit and think about your heavenly home and that brand-spanking new body that the old holy book told you that' you'd get for kissing the tail of their version of God. Meanwhile, the world goes on and your opportunities to be useful keep dwindling away.

Poor baby - too heavenly minded to be of any earthly good.

GOING BACK TO 442:   YOUR SUBSTANCE / MY IGNORING OF YOUR SUBSTANCE/ WHAT I DON'T KNOW BUT YOU DO / AND YOUR HELPING OF YOUR FELLOW TRAVELER (IN THIS CASE, ME) 

Fly,

Ok, taking it from the top - here in your answer I am to find substance.  

It looks like your first point is that I have created my own God, picking and choosing which parts of the Bible I like - and you say if you did what I have done you'd probably "dig" God too.  

Then you mention what neither you nor I know about each other's road - but then you go on from telling me what I have done with respect to God to what I assume about you, the "martyr complex" I have, and that I would become a Judas if it came to a showdown.  So that's a few of your "assumptions" about me.  

Now, I think we come to part of the "substance" you refer to:  "MY ROAD" by Fly:  IT STARTS IN REALITY AND ENDS IN DEATH.  I TRY TO HELP AS MANY OF MY FELLOW TRAVELERS AS I CAN.  THIS WORKS FOR ME.  THIS IS THE ONLY ROAD THAT ANY OF US REALLY HAVE.  

Then there's the question of whether I do that (which I thought you already knew in full, even though you haven't traveled....)   And then you call in a bet that I pray for people but don't help them.  (I guess as a fellow traveler that's supposed to help me in some way get on "reality road" before the end).  

Then you ask what god has blinded you to my view and say it could be the God of the Bible - which you either "know I never read" or are just being sarcastic, illustrating absurdity by being absurd.  

Then you have concluded that I have picked out things Paul wrote and "tweaked" (I assume that means twisted) them to fit (I assume you mean things I like).  

And then I have ignored what you said - that you "live your life trying to help as many of your fellow travelers as you can"  to focus on the trivial (I think you mean my answer concerning "walking by faith in God", the greatness of God, how Paul viewed life and death and didn't actually refer to his body as himself - that he had the treasure in an earthen vessel.)  

And then back to your "substance" that you are helping people (like me, I can see that) while I am "kissing butt" with God letting life's opportunities pass me by.  

And then for encouragement or discipline  you add "poor baby" and label my faith and application useless and non-existant.  

Fly, 

Maybe you could expand more on the substance of how you help your fellow travelers.  I know you've helped me a lot here, encouraged, inspired, been non-judgmental, pointed me to a better way.  But maybe you have other examples of what it means to "know your road" , "start in reality" - before we "end in death".  

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

I haven't mischaracterized your answer because you've given me nothing to mischaracterize. All you've really talked about is how great your God is. It is not surprising that your God is great for you - you made him that way. If I made a God by cobbling together the parts of the Bible I enjoyed, I'd probably dig him also.

While it is true I've never traveled your road, you have never traveled mine, either. You assume that I have never been down the Christian way because I haven't done it in the exact same way you have. Please lose the martyr complex - if it came to theists like you going through what Jesus had to go through, the line to become Judases would stretch for miles.

You want to know my road? It starts in reality and ends in my death. While I'm on the path I try to help as many of my fellow travelers as I can. This road works for me because this is the only one any of us really have.

Do you do that? Or do you just pray that Jesus will help the people you see that need help and believe you've done something? I'd put money on the latter as your posts have shown that you have never cracked open the Bible you claim to love.

As for meph, I don't know if he was kicked off or just left and came back under a new name because he thought he was kicked off. If the latter, creating sock-puppet accounts will get you booted.

What god has blinded me to your view? It could well be the God of the Bible (that book you've probably never read).

JcGadfly,

The OP I am defending is that I am a working model in the sense that the "new creation" and "walking by faith" in Christ is working for me.  I read others like you indicate you have "tried" following Christ and then turned back.  How Great my God is - that is my contention and I aim to defend it to death, though I can't boast about it putting my armor on as if taking it off.

It's not at all something I've done for myself as you say create my own God.  My God isn't me and my God's thoughts are far above my thoughts.  I would never have chosen me to allow to live or give the Holy Spirit to if I had been God.  The reasoning all came from His side not mine.  I never made the first creation and definitely never made the "new creation".  But I have not only read about it I have experienced it and I am currently experiencing it.  

Your road "starts in reality and ends in death".  I want to answer that line of reasoning with the teaching of Paul that our bodies aren't really us.  We are just living in our bodies like tents, camping out.  We are spirits in tents.  I don't know how the spirit connects up with matter, but we are animated dirt.  I suppose our bones would be like the tent posts and pegs.  We're pretty waterproof but subject to disease and damage.  The eternal things are the unseen things - such as the spirit in the tent.  You are hanging on to the temporary on shore hesitating to hoist sail and venture into the unseen eternal (i.e. permanent eternal world).  Maybe you don't long for the eternal world.  Maybe you are content to eat and sleep like the ox I don't know.  But while I am content in the world in my temporary tent-home, I am not "content with" it.  I can't be satisfied with what this world has to offer.   I long to be with Christ and God, and I have a piece of heaven - the gift of the Holy Spirit - in me.  It's an earnest of my inheritance - which means it's a piece of heaven and I don't have to give it back.  I'll just get more later.  It's great, as I said in my first post.  It's active.  Walking by faith is an active living thing.  You can pose a dead body sitting but it would be hard to make it walk.  (I heard about "Weekend with Bernie).  So you are thus content with the tent huh?  You think your body is the real you?  Nobody else home huh?  Call me picky but I'm not that crazy about this tent forever.  It gets inconvenient after about 80 years I notice - if not before.

Never said you were your God. You've just taken Paul's creation and tweaked it to fit.

I do like the way you've disregarded what I said about how I lived my life to focus on the trivial. I try to help others along the way while you sit and think about your heavenly home and that brand-spanking new body that the old holy book told you that' you'd get for kissing the tail of their version of God. Meanwhile, the world goes on and your opportunities to be useful keep dwindling away.

GOING BACK TO 442:   YOUR SUBSTANCE / MY IGNORING OF YOUR SUBSTANCE/ WHAT I DON'T KNOW BUT YOU DO / AND YOUR HELPING OF YOUR FELLOW TRAVELER (IN THIS CASE, ME) 

Fly,

Ok, taking if from the top - here in your answer I am to find substance.  

It looks like your first point is that I have created my own God, picking and choosing which parts of the Bible I like - and you say if you did what I have done you'd probably "dig" God too.  

Then you mention what neither you nor I know about each other's road - but then you go on from telling me what I have done with respect to God to what I assume about you, the "martyr complex" I have, and that I would become a Judas if it came to a showdown.  So that's a few of your "assumptions" about me.  

Now, I think we come to part of the "substance" you refer to:  "MY ROAD" by Fly:  IT STARTS IN REALITY AND ENDS IN DEATH.  I TRY TO HELP AS MANY OF MY FELLOW TRAVELERS AS I CAN.  THIS WORKS FOR ME.  THIS IS THE ONLY ROAD THAT ANY OF US REALLY HAVE.  

Then there's the question of whether I do that (which I thought you already knew in full, even though you haven't traveled....)   And then you call in a bet that I pray for people but don't help them.  (I guess as a fellow traveler that's supposed to help me in some way get on "reality road" before the end).  

Then you ask what god has blinded you to my view and say it could be the God of the Bible - which you either "know I never read" or are just being sarcastic, illustrating absurdity by being absurd.  

Then you have concluded that I have picked out things Paul wrote and "tweaked" (I assume that means twisted) them to fit (I assume you mean things I like).  

And then I have ignored what you said - that you "live your life trying to help as many of your fellow travelers as you can"  to focus on the trivial (I think you mean my answer concerning "walking by faith in God", the greatness of God, how Paul viewed life and death and didn't actually refer to his body as himself - that he had the treasure in an earthen vessel.)  

And then back to your "substance" that you are helping people (like me, I can see that) while I am "kissing butt" with God letting life's opportunities pass me by.  

And then for encouragement or discipline  you add "poor baby" and label my faith and application useless and non-existant.  

Fly, 

Maybe you could expand more on the substance of how you help your fellow travelers.  I know you've helped me a lot here, encouraged, inspired, been non-judgmental, pointed me to a better way.  But maybe you have other examples of what it means to "know your road" , "start in reality" - before we "end in death".  

You missed the points. You asked me how atheism helps me. those posts tell you. To summarize: It allows me to help people without having to blackmail them into belief in God. It leaves me without a fear of death so I don't need to go to any story that pleases me by giving me a happy afterlife or gets me excited by thinking about those who disagree with me being tormented.

I help my fellow travelers by providing physical, monetary and emotional help where I can. I used to think I helped you by making you think. I couldn't have guessed that using your mind scared you so much.

Now would you like to answer that question about your actual identity?

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

Most of us accept that you are using "Fonzie" as a sock puppet. You are fortunate that the mods no longer care/have placed you under their protection. You could admit it and likely no one would notice. I think you might feel better - the 9th commandment isn't an option, after all.

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
FALSE PREMISE COW THINKING FLY

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JcGadfly,

Fly,

Fly, 

You missed the points. You asked me how atheism helps me. those posts tell you. To summarize: It allows me to help people without having to blackmail them into belief in God. It leaves me without a fear of death so I don't need to go to any story that pleases me by giving me a happy afterlife or gets me excited by thinking about those who disagree with me being tormented.

I help my fellow travelers by providing physical, monetary and emotional help where I can. I used to think I helped you by making you think. I couldn't have guessed that using your mind scared you so much.

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

Most of us accept that you are using "Fonzie" as a sock puppet. You are fortunate that the mods no longer care/have placed you under their protection. You could admit it and likely no one would notice. I think you might feel better - the 9th commandment isn't an option, after all.

Fly,

Your "points" (using the term ever so loosely) have a false premise.  First you float your false ideas about God and Christ and Christianity - then you come in like Super Fly to in your mind "save the day" with your "ALL FLY ALL THE TIME" approach.  Not believing in God (or do you, or don't you, or do you, or don't you?) helps you not be afraid of death.  Ok, so you and Lu Lu the cow share the oblivious state of not considering death. Congratulations for shallow cow thinking.  

But you're not done.  Again you trot out this theory that Christians would like to watch you fry - that's a false idea again on your part but I suppose it represents another depth gauge on the Flying Cow brain accompanying you on your merry way - while you tell yourself that thinking "scares me".  Fly, Fly, Fly - your world of false assumptions!   And to think you have commissioned yourself and appointed yourself  to design yourself your own form of righteousness to shelter you from the storm (what storm?  there's no storm, right Fly?).  No, I am at peace and trying to help you while you project your fear of thinking.... on me.  

As to your route to my "feeling better" and your questions - I feel fine and want to remind you again (sigh) there has been no lie here anywhere that I know of or you have produced.  Bring it out for all to see!  I haven't lied about anything as far as I know on this forum.  I am at peace and that's thanks to a Righteousness neither you nor I have designed or earned - a gift I have accepted and you haven't, from a God and LORD I believe and trust in and lean on and you don't.  If you consider that a threat or blackmail it's your problem not mine.  

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Logic, The Troll & The Medicine Cabinet...

The good little children tried to ignore the grumblings of the dying Troll, and instead read aloud from their book of poetry:

I

O the Old Troll seemed quite happy in its Never-Ending Thread,
There was always some new sucker to respond to what it said.
But the clever Gadfly knew how to remove its Toothless Sneer,
By asking:

Quote:

severalth + 31± µ3 time

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JcGadfly,

Fly,

Fly, 

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

Fly,

Your "points" (using the term ever so loosely) have a false premise.  First you float your false ideas about God and Christ and Christianity - then you come in like Super Fly to in your mind "save the day" with your "ALL FLY ALL THE TIME" approach.  Not believing in God (or do you, or don't you, or do you, or don't you?) helps you not be afraid of death.  Ok, so you and Lu Lu the cow share the oblivious state of not considering death. Congratulations for shallow cow thinking.  

But you're not done.  Again you trot out this theory that Christians would like to watch you fry - that's a false idea again on your part but I suppose it represents another depth gauge on the Flying Cow brain accompanying you on your merry way - while you tell yourself that thinking "scares me".  Fly, Fly, Fly - your world of false assumptions!   And to think you have commissioned yourself and appointed yourself  to design yourself your own form of righteousness to shelter you from the storm (what storm?  there's no storm, right Fly?).  No, I am at peace and trying to help you while you project your fear of thinking.... on me.  

As to your route to my "feeling better" and your questions - I feel fine and want to remind you again (sigh) there has been no lie here anywhere that I know of or you have produced.  Bring it out for all to see!  I haven't lied about anything as far as I know on this forum.  I am at peace and that's thanks to a Righteousness neither you nor I have designed or earned - a gift I have accepted and you haven't, from a God and LORD I believe and trust in and lean on and you don't.  If you consider that a threat or blackmail it's your problem not mine.  

Fonzie/meph,

Any false ideas I got from Christianity came from you. I'm not attacking all Christianity - just yours because you are at its head, not Christ (I keep wondering why you still refer to him) . I also never said that Christians take pleasure from seeing sinners fry in hell - only that you do. Again, your track record here gave me that idea. 

Do I believe? In you, no and I never will. In Jesus, I'm leaning that way. Sorry to deprive you of worship but you don't deserve my bended knee. As for my lack of a fear of death and my "shallow cow thinking", yopu forget one important thing. The cow is not aware of it's mortality. I am. You are too. You look at death and had to buy into a pretty story to calm your fears. I look at death for what it is - the end of things. We all have to do it - why be scared of it?

I'm glad you're feeling fine - I trust that means your blood is being checked for a proper balance of lithium.

I've also never said you told a lie - just that you haven't told the truth on this one question. In fact, you've never answered this question. Here it is again. Answer the question and impress me with your honesty.

Quote:

severalth + 30± µ3 time

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
KNOCK KNOCK #466 DOOR A B OR C

jcgadfly wrote:

Yep,

Gotta love those choices.

Stay with the best guess of what I think God is (That's what you're belief is - the hope you got the right god out of all the others) and dream about committing suicide every night so I could have a peaceful sleep. (what I actually lived as a servant of god considering ministry)

or

Feel completely worthless because of a belief that I am nothing without God while simultaneously telling people I'm better than they are because I worship God the "right" way. (also known as being you)

or

Live my life understanding that I don't need an invisible magic man to experience joy. (where I'm at now)

I'll stay with option 3, thanks. I don't need to threaten anyone with this choice.

Looking forward to your next sermonette...

Choice Fly,  

This is #466, second post in your list representing atheist substance.  

You list three choices which I am trying to understand - 

A)  You thought you were making a guess which god was God - and suicidal, miserable and losing sleep.  You were not at peace.  You were pursuing ministry - which would be sharing this state you were in with others.  (and from your current state of joy and your atheist ministry you proclaim that this is now my position).  

B) Your second choice recounts your experience of "feeling worthless without God", while - (lying) - simultaneously telling people that you are "better" than they are, while you admittedly are suicidal, miserable, not at peace, not sleeping, guessing about God, and being "driven" (my word) (probably by guilt) to pursue the ministry.  (and from your current atheist ministry of joy you say joyfully again... this is your assessment of me)

C) Now I think we are coming to the "atheist substance" you referred me to: that you now understand you don't need an invisible magic man to experience joy.   To break it down:     YA DON NEID A MAGIK MAN TU HAV DR JOY DIS MAN CAN

I'm not going to talk deceitfully to you about this.  You're totally wrong about me on A and B.  And it doesn't sound like you really found Christ and the "peace that passes understanding" that He gives to His own.  It sounds like you didn't really believe Christ's blood cleansed you of your sins, thus it wasn't good news (gospel) to you.  It seems like you were suffering from a misunderstanding of what God is and wants.  This doesn't seem uncommon to me.  I read Martin Luther punished himself in different ways trying to free himself from guilt (which you might have not known how to deal with).    

As to (C) I don't think that represents any substance, and I'm not threatening you.  I'm trying to discuss it with you.  I don't find any depth in this statement (not needing an invisible magic man to experience joy).  That's one dimensional.  You can't fuel a jet with that.  You can't even keep a candle lit on that.  

If you are determined to believe your bad experiences are the only experience, and believe your own projection of your experience as applied to me, then I think your "guesses" are shots in the dark - which is where a little light from the Word of God would make quite a difference.  You might listen for a knock.  

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie/meph, 

Any false ideas I got from Christianity came from you.  I'm not attacking all Christianity - just yours because you are at its head, not Christ (I keep wondering why you still refer to him).  I also never said that Chrsistians take pleasure from seeing sinners fry in hell - only that you do.  Again your track record here gave me that idea.

Do I believe?  In you, no and I never will.  In Jesus, I'm leaning that way.  Sorry to deprive you of worship but you don't deserve my bended knee.  As for my lack of a fear of death and my "shallow cow thinkng" yopu forget one important thing.  The cow is not aware of it's mortality.  I am.  You are too.  You look at death and had to buy into a pretty little story to calm your fears.  I look at death for what it is - the end of things.  We all have to do it - why be scared of it?

I'm glad you're feeling fine - I trust that means your blood is being checked for a proper balance of lithium.  

I've also never said you told a lie - just that you haven't told the truth on this one question.  In fact you've never answered this question.  Here it is again.  Answer the question and impress me with your honesty.  

Quote:

Did you create the "what faith you" thread?  That would be the thread titled "what faith you": created by the user named "mephibosheth" on             September 6 - 2007 - 5:57 pm and which can be found here.

severalth + 30 times

I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking.  And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."  George Carlin 

Fly,

These statements  might just be flare-ups of  (A) and (B) but still lacking said "joy" (C) from #466.  I accept the fact that I don't have any clout with what you believe/don't believe.  It illustrates how everything comes to nothing when there is no faith among fellow human beings.  

I'm sorry you somehow had a really bad experience - wounds not healed even now it seems.  

But I can't deny that I have constant joy - and I would be nothing without Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit.  And I'm glad it's that way.  I'm secure that if necessary the Father will discipline me for my good - because I know I could easily need it.  I sleep good every night.  God gave me a great wife.  I have no sense of guilt about past sins.  I have no desire to sin, but I keep a short account with the LORD on those, and aim to keep it caught up and keep it right with Him.  

As far as me wanting your worship - you better tell another one to prop that one up.  You're the one that had a problem feeling like you're nothing without God - I like it.  I'm a poor sinner and nothing at all - but Jesus Christ is my all in all.   

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Logic, The Troll & The Medicine Cabinet

The good little children continued reading...

II

The good and clever children would have none of its hodge-podge,
They stayed strong to their purpose, no matter how much it would dodge.
Through all its useless babbling, for the Troll one thing was clear:
It was too afraid to answer... 

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here. severalth + 32± µ3 time

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THOUGHTS UPDATE

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

JcGadfly,

I'm going to take you at your word - this sermonette is that the whole effort of reconcilliation comes from God.  It's His idea , and it's His work.  He calls man to be reconciled to Him rather than man calling to Him.  What He calls man to is a turn of emotions like a rudder turns a ship - toward love for Christ.  If man wants to be reconciled to God the reconcilliation is all prepared in Christ.  A man can die to himself in Christ and be raised to a "new creation" in Christ.  This is totally different than a reformation - like a drunk deciding to be sober for instance.  All things are new in Christ.  God gives us a new heart.  It's great.  You're passing up a great option. 

And all I have to do is swear undying obedience to a being who thinks I will never be anything without him. Then when I do that, he denies me his presence (in spite of my fervent pleas) so that I can be something.

Loving someone who hates me that badly would make me a battered spouse not a beloved child.

Things must be going really well for you to have such a pollyanna-like view of God.

JcGadfly,

No, the part you say He denies is the best of this I think - He is with you.  You're never alone.  You know, you have the wrong impression of being a slave.  If you are a slave to Jesus you have a Master that has shown He will even wash His slave's feet.  If you have a Master Who will even die in your place - it's better than being a king! 

Whether things go well or rough for me on this earth I just don't want to be out of His Presence.  I have great longings to be at home with Him, so I am content in this world but not content with it.  But, yes He has lifted me up to a level place.  And He has armed me to the hilt against the powers of the air, and the principalities.  If I lose to them in daily battle I have no excuse.  So yes I am secure. 

When you drive by the graveyard what meaning do you attibute to life?  You know the clock is ticking - what hope lifts you and sets your course?  Are you not without rudder as an atheist?  How do you concentrate your force of life?  What do you focus on - besides yourself?  Isn't focusing on yourself a bummer?  It always was for me.  It's a dismal road with a bridge out at the end.   I'm hoping you'll put in for the Bridge.  

If I had felt his presence even once, I'd still be a believer. And please don't tell me it's not about emotions. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the peace that passeth understanding - as a Christian, I never had it (even though it is promised to the believer).

When I go by the graveyard, I go by a graveyard. Death holds no terror for me as it is inevitable. My life's course is set by my desire to help others. My hope is that I have lived my life to the best of my ability and to the most use of others. That should tell you that I don't focus on myself. In fact, selfishness is something I could accuse you of because your sole focus seems to be getting yourself to heaven and bragging about the trip you think you're making.

I hope you're not too disappointed when you find the nothing that awaits us all. I hope even more that you aren't shocked when you meet me in some other god's hell because you made the wrong guess.

If there is a god, I know where I'll be - do you?

Fly,

This is #472, exhibit "C" of your atheist substance.  

In your first answer ("And all I have to do is swear undying obedience to a being Who thinks I will never be anything without Him." - jcgadfly quote) you are like the kid that thinks he can run things better than the parent.  

"Then when I do that, He denies me His presence - in spite of my fervent pleas - so that I can be something". (jcgadfly quote).  I guess it disturbs your love and devotion to yourself, your faith in yourself and your thoughts to focus on God and His thoughts.  

Fly, have you ever considered that this "moronic thought thing" you do means you have faith in unseen things - your own thoughts?  How do you prove those are "real" to yourself?  You evidently have proved them sufficiently to yourself such that you have faith in them.  You are the god, those are your unseen thoughts, you are putting your faith in them (that thought you have about death - "death holds no terror for me because it's inevitable" - that thought is an example of moronic thinking alright).  

God has thoughts too - you would do well to update each of your thoughts to God's thoughts.  As far as faith - it's like the faith you have in your own thoughts, except these thoughts are way above yours and mine and man's.  These are eternal thoughts - not moronic.  You can also use these to help others - eternally.  

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

JcGadfly,

I'm going to take you at your word - this sermonette is that the whole effort of reconcilliation comes from God.  It's His idea , and it's His work.  He calls man to be reconciled to Him rather than man calling to Him.  What He calls man to is a turn of emotions like a rudder turns a ship - toward love for Christ.  If man wants to be reconciled to God the reconcilliation is all prepared in Christ.  A man can die to himself in Christ and be raised to a "new creation" in Christ.  This is totally different than a reformation - like a drunk deciding to be sober for instance.  All things are new in Christ.  God gives us a new heart.  It's great.  You're passing up a great option. 

And all I have to do is swear undying obedience to a being who thinks I will never be anything without him. Then when I do that, he denies me his presence (in spite of my fervent pleas) so that I can be something.

Loving someone who hates me that badly would make me a battered spouse not a beloved child.

Things must be going really well for you to have such a pollyanna-like view of God.

JcGadfly,

No, the part you say He denies is the best of this I think - He is with you.  You're never alone.  You know, you have the wrong impression of being a slave.  If you are a slave to Jesus you have a Master that has shown He will even wash His slave's feet.  If you have a Master Who will even die in your place - it's better than being a king! 

Whether things go well or rough for me on this earth I just don't want to be out of His Presence.  I have great longings to be at home with Him, so I am content in this world but not content with it.  But, yes He has lifted me up to a level place.  And He has armed me to the hilt against the powers of the air, and the principalities.  If I lose to them in daily battle I have no excuse.  So yes I am secure. 

When you drive by the graveyard what meaning do you attibute to life?  You know the clock is ticking - what hope lifts you and sets your course?  Are you not without rudder as an atheist?  How do you concentrate your force of life?  What do you focus on - besides yourself?  Isn't focusing on yourself a bummer?  It always was for me.  It's a dismal road with a bridge out at the end.   I'm hoping you'll put in for the Bridge.  

If I had felt his presence even once, I'd still be a believer. And please don't tell me it's not about emotions. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the peace that passeth understanding - as a Christian, I never had it (even though it is promised to the believer).

When I go by the graveyard, I go by a graveyard. Death holds no terror for me as it is inevitable. My life's course is set by my desire to help others. My hope is that I have lived my life to the best of my ability and to the most use of others. That should tell you that I don't focus on myself. In fact, selfishness is something I could accuse you of because your sole focus seems to be getting yourself to heaven and bragging about the trip you think you're making.

I hope you're not too disappointed when you find the nothing that awaits us all. I hope even more that you aren't shocked when you meet me in some other god's hell because you made the wrong guess.

Fly,

In your first answer ("And all I have to do is swear undying obedience to a being Who thinks I will never be anything without Him." - jcgadfly quote) you are like the kid that thinks he can run things better than the parent.  

"Then when I do that, He denies me His presence - in spite of my fervent pleas - so that I can be something". (jcgadfly quote).  I guess it disturbs your love and devotion to yourself, your faith in yourself and your thoughts to focus on God and His thoughts.  

Fly, have you ever considered that this "moronic thought thing" you do means you have faith in unseen things - your own thoughts?  How do you prove those are "real" to yourself?  You evidently have proved them sufficiently to yourself such that you have faith in them.  You are the god, those are your unseen thoughts, you are putting your faith in them (that thought you have about death - "death holds no terror for me because it's inevitable" - that thought is an example of moronic thinking alright).  

God has thoughts too - you would do well to update each of your thoughts to God's thoughts.  As far as faith - it's like the faith you have in your own thoughts, except these thoughts are way above yours and mine and man's.  These are eternal thoughts - not moronic.  You can also use these to help others - eternally.  

Mephzie,

1. You have a "parent" that will happily torture you for eternity for the heinous crime of not loving him enough. such a parent on earth would be arrested for child abuse. Lovely choice of parental example you have there. 

2. His thoughts are unavailable to me - the Bible does not have them (it was written by men). If your God is real, he's withholding his thoughts. since you are your God - tell me your thoughts.

3. I don't have faith in my thought s the way that you have faith in your God - I thought you had been taught that lesson. There is biological evidence for thought process - it's called brain activity. I have evidence to support my thought process - how about for your God? You keep saying that it works for you and you have no more than biochemical activity that you claim is from God. Are you admitting that you are your God? You'd have evidence for that claim.

4. See #2. 

5. Tell me your thoughts on this question for starters:

Quote:

Did you create the "what faith you" thread?  That would be the thread titled "what faith you": created by the user named "mephibosheth" on  September 6 - 2007 - 5:57 pm and which can be found here.

severalth + 30 times

C'mon mephzie- God. This shouldn't be so hard for you.

— George Carlin

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

III

The Troll cried tears of phlegm; Old, senile and cowardly,
It took comfort in its daily Lithium supposit’ry.
It tried to dodge the question (dentures chattering in fear),

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here. severalth + 33± µ3 time

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
FLY JUICE CITY

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

JcGadfly,

JcGadfly,

Fly,

Mephzie,

1. You have a "parent" that will happily torture you for eternity for the heinous crime of not loving him enough. such a parent on earth would be arrested for child abuse. Lovely choice of parental example you have there. 

2. His thoughts are unavailable to me - the Bible does not have them (it was written by men). If your God is real, he's withholding his thoughts. since you are your God - tell me your thoughts.

3. I don't have faith in my thought s the way that you have faith in your God - I thought you had been taught that lesson. There is biological evidence for thought process - it's called brain activity. I have evidence to support my thought process - how about for your God? You keep saying that it works for you and you have no more than biochemical activity that you claim is from God. Are you admitting that you are your God? You'd have evidence for that claim.

4. See #2. 

5. Tell me your thoughts on this question for starters:

Quote:

Did you create the "what faith you" thread?  That would be the thread titled "what faith you": created by the user named "mephibosheth" on  September 6 - 2007 - 5:57 pm and which can be found here.

severalth + 30 times

C'mon mephzie- God. This shouldn't be so hard for you.

Fly,

You have faith in your juice theory - your thoughts are juice. 

If your thoughts are the result of juices you might want to check the expiration date.   You can put a faucet on a dump truck but who wants that juice?  Your thought juices about God are major mixed up juices there Fly.  

You tried to say at one point that you believe the Bible but that was just a drip of Fly juice.  "First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God."  It's a package deal, Fly.  You either believe the Bible or you don't.  You either believe Jesus is the Son of the Living God, rose from the dead, died for our sins, lives in us and with us or you make Him out to be a liar because these are His claims.  I believe Him and in Him, and that's no fake  juice, Fly.  

I'm not my own God, Fly - you have a wrong juice interpretation there.  But, squeeze on.  

His thoughts ARE available to you - but you reject them in favor of your Star Wars bar scene friends and their shared juices.  

As for my thoughts on your 5th string "drone" - I don't create anything.  I challenged you to bring forward any lie in any of my posts and you haven't brought the juice.  It's like atheist substance - the worm in the bottom of the bottle.  

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

IV

Like the pits of hell, its hemorrhoidal tissue burned like fire,
For all the clever children knew the Troll was but a liar.
For it shook with incontinence, like a leaky keg of beer,
At the very words...

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here. severalth + 34± µ3 time

πππ†
π†††

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 Do you ever read your

Do you ever read your posts, fonphibosheth?

Would you see the contradictions if you did? Hint: This post contradicts itself plenty of times.

It's a simple question - one that can be answered with a yes or a no. I've already told you the mods don't care anymore. 

Why does this

Quote:

severalth + 30 times

frighten you?

— George Carlin

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
You're a funny bastard

Zara - thanks for the chuckles...

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

V

Then from the weary multitude went up a gladdened snort

It bounded on the ethernet and rattled in the port.

It struck upon the router and recoiled upon the tier

For Elvis, mighty  Elvis asked,

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here. severalth + 35± µ3 time

πππ†
π†††

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

VI

Then from the server, short on bandwidth, there went up a maddened whine

Like an old and shriveled brain that has sudd’nly gone flatline. 

Ban him! Ban the Old Troll!” shouted someone in the forum, 

And it’s likely they’d have banned him; but they’d rather just ignore him.

VII

With a scowl of christian cowardice, the Old Troll’s visage hung.

It knew it should not dodge again; it knew its game was sprung. 

It posted yet more nonsense, and once more Gadfly drew near

But the Old Troll still ignored the question:

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here. severalth + 35.1± µ3 time  

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE STICK PONY RODEO #519

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

It's evident to any honest reading of these posts that you have never discussed anything.  I challenge you to produce a paragraph of your post that shows otherwise. 

Instead you are a barrier to all discussion, rude, annoying, taking a dog by the ears as a way of getting acquainted, and it is also clear that you can (in your mind) dish it out but when I try to give you a taste of your annoyance you can't take it.  You threaten as you previously projected on me.  

Back to the discussion issue)  This thread is "It Works for Me".  I have ask how atheism works for you.  It is a growing suspicion that your atheism doesn't work for you in a satisfactory way.  You only stiff-arm when it comes to discussion.  You have nothing to offer except your continual ridicule of what you don't understand.  And you seem to "live" on this forum - taking it personally that nothing indeed gets discussed lest it be a challenge to your depravity and emptiness. 

I'll use another quote function:  Paul, who was dealing with a guy like you said, (and I quote) "You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the LORD?  And now, behold, the hand of the LORD is upon you, and you shall be blind and unable to see the sun for a time."

Actually, Anonymouse, Paul loved this guy by sharing the truth with him.  You could call it discussion - a term you should define by application. 

BTW I don't see "high level moderator" beside your name.  Are you actually JCGadfly?

No, he's not me. Sock puppetry is against the rules - the mods would have busted me for that some time ago (I'm too honest for my own good). Besides, I'm too old to change writing styles.

Atheism works for me because I have no fear of death. I can appreciate myself for who I am instead having to gauge myself against an unattainable standard of a God (that he doesn't feel is worth following himself but will happily dispatch me to hell for violating).

Now how about you? You have a uncannily similar story and writing style of a user who went by the name of mephibosheth.

As for the lithium - let me understand.

You:

1. saw the problem

2. read a book with a solution

3. found a doctor who'd prescribe for you

4. took the lithium

5. monitoring your condition with a doctor's help (I hope)

6. read the Bible and attributed it all to God.

God:

...what did God actually do, again?

Fly,

Well....we're here at #519 - exhibit "D" on your list of "answers" representing atheist substance.  I guess I can winnow out all your "helpful advice" - (which is evidently an application of your "get out there and help somebody" do gooder insurance religion) - which leaves me with this little atheist gem:  

"Atheism works for me because I have no fear of death." (quoting jcgadfly)  Ok, but again, you're not a cow - you're a man.  Have you talked this thing in common over with the cow?  

"I can appreciate myself for who I am instead of having to gauge myself against an unattainable standard of a God (that he doesn't feel is worth following Himself but will gladly dispatch me to hell for violating"   (quoting jcgadfly from "substance library #519)  

Fly, I would like to know how you appreciate yourself so much when "who you are" is a guy who trusts in his own thoughts which he cannot prove to himself or anybody (unless it's somebody that has faith in you)  yet "who you are" and "here you are" mocking and misrepresenting God and His thoughts!  Why extrapolate your folly into talking about what you don't understand?   Leave your thinking parked over the void that it is rather than trying to bring it out and parade it before the cloud of witnesses.  

I know you don't believe that God's sending His Son to die was because He so loved the world (including you and me) that He wanted to save us from our sin (including the faulty thinking that is Fly) - but your lack of faith in God's thinking and your ongoing faith in your own faulty thinking is the problem.     

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 Poor fonziemeph,  Still

Poor fonziemeph, 

Still not getting it, huh? Animals feel abject terror when they die (I'm going to go out on a limb to say that you have never seen an animal die). It is the human intellect that wins out over fear. You seem to be content to run to your sky daddy to save you from death. The difference between you and other animals is that the others run away from the predators. you run to yours with open arms. How do I appreciate myself? I know my capabilities and understand my limitations. Your God (and by extension his followers thanks to Paul's creation) have no limitations and often act accordingly. The prisons are full of people who claim God and Jesus as their moral compass. I guess that just goes back to your fear of thinking since you want to substitute unthinking faith for it. Did Jesus die? Looked a whole lot like a three day weekend for a being that could shut off his pain receptors (Jesus is God, right?) and got to resume being God. Where was that sacrifice again? Did you lose it? Give me the same deal Jesus got and I'd let you nail me up right now. Shoot, just end poverty or world hunger with my death and I'd be there. He gave nothing to do nothing - just like you. Do you remember when I brought up the intellect triumphing over fear? Use it now and overcome your fear of this: Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found hereseveralth + 35.1± µ3 time  

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE ATHEIST DISTRACTION BUBBLE MACHINE

Fonzie wrote:

Fly,

Well....we're here at #519 - exhibit "D" on your list of "answers" representing atheist substance.  I guess I can winnow out all your "helpful advice" - (which is evidently an application of your "get out there and help somebody" do gooder insurance religion) - which leaves me with this little atheist gem:  

"Atheism works for me because I have no fear of death." (quoting jcgadfly)  Ok, but again, you're not a cow - you're a man.  Have you talked this thing in common over with the cow?

"I can appreciate myself for who I am instead of having to gauge myself against an unattainable standard of a God (that he doesn't feel is worth following Himself but will gladly dispatch me to hell for violating" (quoting jcgadfly from "substance library #519)

Fly, I would like to know how you appreciate yourself so much when "who you are" is a guy who trusts in his own thoughts which he cannot prove to himself or anybody (unless it's somebody that has faith in you) yet "who you are" and "here you are" mocking and misrepresenting God and His thoughts!~  Why extrapolate your folly into talking about what you don't understand?  Leave your thinking parked over the void that it is rather than trying to bring it out and parade it before the cloud of witnesses.

I know you don't believe that God's sending His Son to die was because He so loved the world (including you and me) that He wanted to save us from our sin (including the faulty thinking that is Fly) - but your lack of faith in God's thinking and your ongoing faith in your own faulty thinking is the problem.  

jcgadfly wrote:

Poor fonziemeph, 

Still not getting it, huh? Animals feel abject terror when they die (I'm going to go out on a limb to say that you have never seen an animal die). It is the human intellect that wins out over fear. You seem to be content to run to your sky daddy to save you from death. The difference between you and other animals is that the others run away from the predators. you run to yours with open arms. How do I appreciate myself? I know my capabilities and understand my limitations. Your God (and by extension his followers thanks to Paul's creation) have no limitations and often act accordingly. The prisons are full of people who claim God and Jesus as their moral compass. I guess that just goes back to your fear of thinking since you want to substitute unthinking faith for it. Did Jesus die? Looked a whole lot like a three day weekend for a being that could shut off his pain receptors (Jesus is God, right?) and got to resume being God. Where was that sacrifice again? Did you lose it? Give me the same deal Jesus got and I'd let you nail me up right now. Shoot, just end poverty or world hunger with my death and I'd be there. He gave nothing to do nothing - just like you. Do you remember when I brought up the intellect triumphing over fear? Use it now and overcome your fear of this: Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found hereseveralth + 35.1± µ3 time  

Fly, 

I'll grant you the point that animals are smarter - the ass knows his master, you don't.  I have seen an animal die BTW and the one that comes to mind right now is a chicken with its head cut off.  The difference is your posts don't taste like chicken.  

You're back to what you and atheists do best - 1 dimensional blasphemy and no real atheist substance.  Tear down, mock up, scrape with your foot, cut your foot, wink with your eye, close your eyes, roll your eyes, suck air, devise evil - but never give a lesson in building.  What's your blueprint fly?  What are you going to use for materials?  How are you going to build a life?  

Sure, you can repeat the questions and distract, but there's no subsequent atheist answer.  It's a sad fact isn't it.  No substance at #442, #466, #472, #519 - five more to go....

I need a lantern here, Diogenes - but would it just draw flies? 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fly,

"I can appreciate myself for who I am instead of having to gauge myself against an unattainable standard of a God (that he doesn't feel is worth following Himself but will gladly dispatch me to hell for violating" (quoting jcgadfly from "substance library #519)

Fly, I would like to know how you appreciate yourself so much when "who you are" is a guy who trusts in his own thoughts which he cannot prove to himself or anybody (unless it's somebody that has faith in you) yet "who you are" and "here you are" mocking and misrepresenting God and His thoughts!~  Why extrapolate your folly into talking about what you don't understand?  Leave your thinking parked over the void that it is rather than trying to bring it out and parade it before the cloud of witnesses.

jcgadfly wrote:

Poor fonziemeph, 

Fly, 

I'll grant you the point that animals are smarter - the ass knows his master, you don't.  I have seen an animal die BTW and the one that comes to mind right now is a chicken with its head cut off.  The difference is your posts don't taste like chicken.  

You're back to what you and atheists do best - 1 dimensional blasphemy and no real atheist substance.  Tear down, mock up, scrape with your foot, cut your foot, wink with your eye, close your eyes, roll your eyes, suck air, devise evil - but never give a lesson in building.  What's your blueprint fly?  What are you going to use for materials?  How are you going to build a life?  

Sure, you can repeat the questions and distract, but there's no subsequent atheist answer.  It's a sad fact isn't it.  No substance at #442, #466, #472, #519 - five more to go....

Diogenes would never put his lantern near you - he was looking for honest men.

Sorry fonziemeph, my posts must be like meat and you're used to digesting milk. My life is built by the support of those around me (theist and atheist) and with what good I have been able to do in this world. Yours seems to be built on warm fuzzies, magic and the desire you have to see all us bad people get what you think we deserve while you and Jesus watch with your puds in your hands.

Grow up. You can start with this.

Quote:

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
QUERIES OF AN ADULT FLY

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fly,

jcgadfly wrote:

Poor fonziemeph, 

Fly, 

Sorry fonziemeph, my posts must be like meat and you're used to digesting milk. My life is built by the support of those around me (theist and atheist) and with what good I have been able to do in this world. Yours seems to be built on warm fuzzies, magic and the desire you have to see all us bad people get what you think we deserve while you and Jesus watch with your puds in your hands.

Quote:

Adult Fly,

Vague reference to principles held in that post but no principles given....which adds weight to my position that what you're good at - and this is what I've seen to be general atheist fare - is mocking and blasphemy.  But I've seen all that.  What I've ask is this Fly:  After you get done with your blasphemy attack and you go back home to atheistville with your homies, what principles do you build with?  What do you anchor your life to?  What do you have that gives you joy and hope and makes you hospitable to your fellow travelers?  You have only referred to it in a "oh that" sort of way - not allowed entrance to the atheist heart of hearts - a future look.  

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:...no

Fonzie wrote:
...no principles given....

...what principles do you build with?  

What do you anchor your life to?  

This has already been answered, Troll.

Fonzie wrote:

redneF wrote:
We're not afraid...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fly,

jcgadfly wrote:

Poor fonziemeph, 

Fly, 

Quote:

Adult Fly,

Vague reference to principles held in that post but no principles given....which adds weight to my position that what you're good at - and this is what I've seen to be general atheist fare - is mocking and blasphemy.  But I've seen all that.  What I've ask is this Fly:  After you get done with your blasphemy attack and you go back home to atheistville with your homies, what principles do you build with?  What do you anchor your life to?  What do you have that gives you joy and hope and makes you hospitable to your fellow travelers?  You have only referred to it in a "oh that" sort of way - not allowed entrance to the atheist heart of hearts - a future look.  

Baby mephzie,

Isn't life amazing enough without having to tie it to your ego (that which you call God)?

I've told you the principles on which I base my life. What's confusing for you is that they're the principles that the person behind the character of Jesus based his on - "going about doing good".

That must annoy you because all you have is a belief in something that Paul created from his ego. Your ego tied to Paul's ego - nothing attached to nothing.

Honesty to others is a good thing to join your life to - start with this. 

Quote:

— George Carlin

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

VIII  

To give a simple "Yes" or "No", the Old Troll found a chore.

Instead It made response to posts from weeks or months before.

And like a Talking Snake the thread crawled into its 4th year,

For the Old Troll would not answer

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found hereseveralth + 36.1± µ3 time  

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
IT WORKS FOR ME - IT COULD WORK FOR FLY

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fly,

jcgadfly wrote:

Poor fonziemeph, 

Fly, 

Quote:

Adult Fly,

Baby mephzie,

Isn't life amazing enough without having to tie it to your ego (that which you call God)?

I've told you the principles on which I base my life. What's confusing for you is that they're the principles that the person behind the character of Jesus based his on - "going about doing good".

That must annoy you because all you have is a belief in something that Paul created from his ego. Your ego tied to Paul's ego - nothing attached to nothing.

Honesty to others is a good thing to join your life to - start with this. 

Quote:

Fly,

Life is truly a miracle - and I rest in the joy of finding The Reason:  finding the One Who spoke it into existence.  But not only finding God, but discovering Who He is and Who His Son is - and what He has done, the mystery angels couldn't discern, that of Salvation through the Sacrifice of His Own Son for our sin.  He Who had no sin became sin that He might for love of us destroy the power of sin.  His death was the death of Death because He kept the law of God perfectly - death had no hold on Him so it was the death of Death.  He thus crushed the head of Satan and in Christ Jesus those of us who have been "born anew" into Christ share in His Victory and the same power that worked in Him raising Him from the dead is at work in us.  We accept the Righteousness of God, the gift of His own Son with gladness and great hope for His death on the cross as promised is the guarantee of all the promises; the greatest of which in my estimation is, "I will never fail you nor forsake you".  Thus we will always be with our LORD.  He has risen.  He sits at the Right Hand of the Throne of God.  He is coming.  He lives in us and is with us.  We invite all to share the same joy in Him - it is all His work and His Glory.  

Our enemy is not any man but the devil and his bunch.  In Christ we have the strength, tools, and light to resist and defend ourselves against the devil - though the sword needs to stay unsheathed always.  In Christ we are able to get honey from the lion - "from the eater came something to eat, from the strong came something sweet" - that is; we enjoy the benefit here on earth of learning war, for the soldier is made by war not theory.  In Christ we have the strength to resist Satan - he no longer runs over us thanks to God training our hands for war.  Faith is not child's play Fly.  

Christ is our All in All - we feed on Christ, His Word.  He is our light, our strength, our joy, our guide, our friend, our Savior - our Shepherd.  He disciplines us as a Father His son for our good.  He is lowly and approachable always.  He is on top of all details.  We know whatever God does is Perfect and right though all the backstage reasons haven't been revealed.  The more we get to know God and walk with God through faith - "he who through faith is righteous shall live" - the more we know we can trust God in everything.  We know our Master's voice more and more so we aren't fooled by fakes.  It works for me - and it's working better all the time Fly.  

And it could work for you....

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
The only comment I have is 

The only comment I have is  - I can't believe this thread is still alive -

that is all.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

IX

“Mod!” cried the maddened dozens, and the echo answered, “Mod!”
And the Old Troll’s dentures chattered, for it knew its cole was slawed.
It felt Its lumbars scoliate; It felt Its kidneys strain,
And It knew It shouldn’t dodge the question yet again.
The meds are gone from Old Troll’s veins; Its heart is blocked with plaque
It’s flaky with psoriasis; Its skin begins to crack.
Now once again it starts to dodge, and again Gadfly draws near,
And asks:

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found hereseveralth + 37.1± µ3 time

πππ†
π†††

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree.This clown is asked

I agree.

For 3000+ posts this clown keeps asking what 'substance' atheists have, and he's ignoring the tons that he's been given, and just latches onto anything that he can use as springboard to begin preaching.

This thread should be locked.

Let him pay for his own blog...

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 Doubt it mephzie - I've

Doubt it mephzie - I've never been on lithium and won't megadose just to worship your ego. Meanwhile...

Quote:

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
16 TONS OF IMAGINATION

redneF wrote:

I agree.

For 3000+ posts this clown keeps asking what 'substance' atheists have, and he's ignoring the tons that he's been given, and just latches onto anything that he can use as springboard to begin preaching.

red,

Why is it that your blasphemy and mocking, firebrands and arrows and death are not preaching?  Is the definition of "preaching" whatever you don't think you want to hear or agree with?  You are doing as much "preaching" as anybody - yet lacking the substance that listening might enable you to acquire and deliver.  

I know it's embarrassing to bring light to the lack of atheist substance here - such that you would even try to cover that with an outlandish clown-like lie - that "tons have been given" (who's the clown, bubba) when there hasn't been a speck (not even a half a kab of dove's dung) of substance that I've seen beyond the crackle of thorns under the pot, the short lived "burn, baby burn" party of blasphemy.

You're projecting the "lock" on me that "locks" you.  How reasonable is it to "reject by label" rather than reasonable discussion?  How reasonable is it to refer to your imaginary "tons of substance" you can't produce?  

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:redneF wrote:I

Fonzie wrote:

redneF wrote:

I agree.

red,

Why is it that your blasphemy and mocking, firebrands and arrows and death are not preaching?  Is the definition of "preaching" whatever you don't think you want to hear or agree with?  You are doing as much "preaching" as anybody - yet lacking the substance that listening might enable you to acquire and deliver.  

I know it's embarrassing to bring light to the lack of atheist substance here - such that you would even try to cover that with an outlandish clown-like lie - that "tons have been given" (who's the clown, bubba) when there hasn't been a speck (not even a half a kab of dove's dung) of substance that I've seen beyond the crackle of thorns under the pot, the short lived "burn, baby burn" party of blasphemy.

You're projecting the "lock" on me that "locks" you.  How reasonable is it to "reject by label" rather than reasonable discussion?  How reasonable is it to refer to your imaginary "tons of substance" you can't produce?  

meph,

Your whole argument is Jesus "works for you" without ever answering how. When you turned the question around you got it answered many times - you just have a problem with substance that doesn't include "Meph is right".

Do you really want to add substance? Start here:

Quote:

— George Carlin

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:I know it's

Fonzie wrote:

I know it's embarrassing to bring light to the lack of atheist substance here -  

I gave you the substance...lol

We're not afraid.

Neither is this lady...

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
NO FEAR INTENDED

redneF wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

I know it's embarrassing to bring light to the lack of atheist substance here -  

I gave you the substance...lol

We're not afraid.

Neither is this lady...

red,

A person can use their providential survey of life to calculate the meaning of life and be free to do that but it is what it is - which is total speculation.  I have tried the ideas in the Bible and come to the conclusion that it is the revealed thoughts of God.  The more I study them and try them the more fully assured I am.

The power of the gospel is the free gift of God in the cross of Christ.  Faith in the free gift which justifies us before God breaks through all the condemnation of the law which we have all broken.  

You say your substance as an atheist is you "aren't afraid".  I am not trying to motive you with terror to have faith in the gift of grace in Christ but from love for God in response to His love for you.  Faith in the sacrifice of Christ frees us from the guilt of the law.  We receive the gift of God through faith, which breaks through all the doubts and questionings of despair.  

I am not trying to scare you for sins which I have committed as well as you - I am trying to point you to Christ and faith in Christ, which is the joyful answer and the treasure of life and enables you to live in the presence of God forever.

A person could have never seen electricity and honestly not be afraid of it.  That doesn't mean no danger - it's just a reflection on lack of the individual awareness of danger.

YOU TUBE  BROOKLYN TABERNACLE CHOIR   "I'M NOT AFRAID"  (NOT SURE HOW TO INSERT LINK)