It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 857
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

 

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

 


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 857
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
SUBSTANCE ON HOLD?

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Serious, meph? Me? No, I just appreciate a good bit of irony.

I understand that you don't like the answers to your questions. I know that it's scary to think that you have to bring a purpose to life instead of letting God do it for you. It's hard to have to work for what you need and want instead of thinking that God will magic it up for you.

That doesn't mean your questions haven't been answered.

 

 

Fly, 

Yes, you're the actor.  You should get a Tony for acting like atheists have answered with substance.  And who would you thank?  And who would give it?  And what would it be worth?  

Since the only answers you're looking for are the ones that say "You're so right meph. I see the error of my ways. Jesus is Lord and meph is his prophet" I doubt if you'll find them.

You forget what an award is for. It is a recognition of achievement.  It would be given by a peer in the field. I would most likely thank teachers, colleagues, family, etc. - those who gave me support, training and opportunity.

Earned recognition is worth more than God's "I allowed you to kiss my ass all your life so here's heaven".

Admit it, you re just wanting me to talk about you in an acceptance speech like Cruise talks about L. Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige.

 

 

Fly,

 

No, Fly no, I mean what have YOU come up with all YOUR thinking and doubting and pontificating in the atheist treehouse?   You have broken God's chains away from any claim to your heart, mind, soul or life and set sail off in your own direction (along with your unfaithful crew of supporting doubters and thinkers and atheists).  Time has passed - tempest has fuguest.  So how successful has been your trip, your cruise, your atheist embark?  What have you come up with that represents substance, the meat of life?  Where have you gone and where are you going and where are you?  

I'm not asking you to think how I might answer anything - I'm trying to get an answer out of YOU....     

Or has substance just been on hold?  Or do atheists just not do substance?  

 

 

 

 

 

 


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1196
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
The Logic, The Troll & The Medicine Cabinet

With typical cowardice, the Troll called out to Gadfly, hoping for yet more scraps, and to distract the Scolding Nun from her inexorable purpose.  

But the Gadly and all the other good little children would feed the Troll no more.  As much fun as it had been to feed a doddering old Troll, it would be all the more fun to watch it starve to death and shrivel away into high-concentrate Lithium, and the only way to do that was to ask it:

 

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.


severalth + 28± µ3 time

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:No, Fly no, I

Fonzie wrote:

No, Fly no, I mean what have YOU come up with all YOUR thinking and doubting and pontificating in the atheist treehouse?   You have broken God's chains away from any claim to your heart, mind, soul or life and set sail off in your own direction (along with your unfaithful crew of supporting doubters and thinkers and atheists).  Time has passed - tempest has fuguest.  So how successful has been your trip, your cruise, your atheist embark?  What have you come up with that represents substance, the meat of life?  Where have you gone and where are you going and where are you?  

I'm not asking you to think how I might answer anything - I'm trying to get an answer out of YOU....     

Or has substance just been on hold?  Or do atheists just not do substance?  

He's been in this thread for YEARS, and has answered all your questions so many times that asking them yet again, all the while pretending they were never answered, is simply too dishonest to even think about. You owe him an apology for lying about this.

Since this is all for the benefit of people who haven't read the thread (who else could possibly believe your useless lies ??), I'll just mention that the first time this question was answered was about 4 years ago, and many times since, and that this has been mentioned to you before, and that you pompously demanded evidence for this, that you were given said evidence, which you then happily ignored, only to ask the question yet again (as you've just done).

 

These lies of yours are completely useless for one simple reason, which has also been mentioned before : People can read. 

 

So just answer the question. You have made it too obvious that you have something to hide, so that question is not going to go away.

 

 

 

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:jcgadfly

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Serious, meph? Me? No, I just appreciate a good bit of irony.

I understand that you don't like the answers to your questions. I know that it's scary to think that you have to bring a purpose to life instead of letting God do it for you. It's hard to have to work for what you need and want instead of thinking that God will magic it up for you.

That doesn't mean your questions haven't been answered.

 

 

Fly, 

Yes, you're the actor.  You should get a Tony for acting like atheists have answered with substance.  And who would you thank?  And who would give it?  And what would it be worth?  

Since the only answers you're looking for are the ones that say "You're so right meph. I see the error of my ways. Jesus is Lord and meph is his prophet" I doubt if you'll find them.

You forget what an award is for. It is a recognition of achievement.  It would be given by a peer in the field. I would most likely thank teachers, colleagues, family, etc. - those who gave me support, training and opportunity.

Earned recognition is worth more than God's "I allowed you to kiss my ass all your life so here's heaven".

Admit it, you re just wanting me to talk about you in an acceptance speech like Cruise talks about L. Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige.

 

 

Fly,

 

No, Fly no, I mean what have YOU come up with all YOUR thinking and doubting and pontificating in the atheist treehouse?   You have broken God's chains away from any claim to your heart, mind, soul or life and set sail off in your own direction (along with your unfaithful crew of supporting doubters and thinkers and atheists).  Time has passed - tempest has fuguest.  So how successful has been your trip, your cruise, your atheist embark?  What have you come up with that represents substance, the meat of life?  Where have you gone and where are you going and where are you?  

I'm not asking you to think how I might answer anything - I'm trying to get an answer out of YOU....     

Or has substance just been on hold?  Or do atheists just not do substance?  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Add some substance to this question, meph

quote:

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.


severalth + 28± µ3 time

and I will repeat my answers.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 857
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
ATHEIST BUYER'S REMORSE CRUISE SAILS ON - UNPLUGGED

Antipatris wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

No, Fly no, I mean what have YOU come up with all YOUR thinking and doubting and pontificating in the atheist treehouse?   You have broken God's chains away from any claim to your heart, mind, soul or life and set sail off in your own direction (along with your unfaithful crew of supporting doubters and thinkers and atheists).  Time has passed - tempest has fuguest.  So how successful has been your trip, your cruise, your atheist embark?  What have you come up with that represents substance, the meat of life?  Where have you gone and where are you going and where are you?  

I'm not asking you to think how I might answer anything - I'm trying to get an answer out of YOU....     

Or has substance just been on hold?  Or do atheists just not do substance?  

He's been in this thread for YEARS, and has answered all your questions so many times that asking them yet again, all the while pretending they were never answered, is simply too dishonest to even think about. You owe him an apology for lying about this.

Since this is all for the benefit of people who haven't read the thread (who else could possibly believe your useless lies ??), I'll just mention that the first time this question was answered was about 4 years ago, and many times since, and that this has been mentioned to you before, and that you pompously demanded evidence for this, that you were given said evidence, which you then happily ignored, only to ask the question yet again (as you've just done).

 

These lies of yours are completely useless for one simple reason, which has also been mentioned before : People can read. 

 

So just answer the question. You have made it too obvious that you have something to hide, so that question is not going to go away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Antimouse,

I think we have a case of buyer's remorse going on the atheist cruise to nowhere; for instance, Darwinism has been debunked by none other than scientists and paleontologists (the dog ate their "intermediate variety" fossils - i.e. there are no squirrels on their way to becoming a bat or bears on their way to becoming a whale - actual Darwin claims - fossil discoveries since Darwin's time have forced paleontologists to take back evidence of evolution due to more and more disproving fossils).  So the Darwiniac religious followers are left to resort to "cat calls" so they can explain to themselves why they are here without God. (Ann Coulter, "Liberal's view of Darwin unable to evolve" August 31,2011).  

So, atheists cruising on, with no "land ho" as to the substance thought to be found sailing away from God, as to the joy they thought before them... it, well, it just hasn't been what was expected, Johnny.  But, the fun though still is barbing and roasting those who believe the Bible and God, Jesus died and rose again, the world has design and man was made for a reason - little things like that.  That's the sport, forget atheist substance and the happy hunting ground thought to be "out there" by the "drifters", the "rudderless", the sailors sailing contrary to the "rules of the sea" with faith in fossils that "don't be".  

But, "sail on", with a flint forehead rather than admit the wrong sailing plan.  Keep the lie alive - Whose serve???  A to Z???

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: Antimouse,I

Fonzie wrote:

 Antimouse,

I think we have a case of buyer's remorse going on the atheist cruise to nowhere; for instance, Darwinism has been debunked by none other than scientists and paleontologists (the dog ate their "intermediate variety" fossils - i.e. there are no squirrels on their way to becoming a bat or bears on their way to becoming a whale - actual Darwin claims - fossil discoveries since Darwin's time have forced paleontologists to take back evidence of evolution due to more and more disproving fossils).  So the Darwiniac religious followers are left to resort to "cat calls" so they can explain to themselves why they are here without God. (Ann Coulter, "Liberal's view of Darwin unable to evolve" August 31,2011).

  http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/09/not_like_a_worm.php

There you go. No charge.

Btw, did I, or anyone, even mention evolution in our last posts here ? You had that explained to you, all your questions answered, dumbed-down explanations written especially for you in your first thread already. You ignored all that as well. Thanks for reminding us, but there was no need. We already know how amazingly dishonest you are.

Fonzie wrote:
So, atheists cruising on, with no "land ho" as to the substance thought to be found sailing away from God, as to the joy they thought before them... it, well, it just hasn't been what was expected, Johnny.  But, the fun though still is barbing and roasting those who believe the Bible and God, Jesus died and rose again, the world has design and man was made for a reason - little things like that.  That's the sport, forget atheist substance and the happy hunting ground thought to be "out there" by the "drifters", the "rudderless", the sailors sailing contrary to the "rules of the sea" with faith in fossils that "don't be".  

But, "sail on", with a flint forehead rather than admit the wrong sailing plan.  Keep the lie alive - Whose serve???  A to Z???

Yes, you just typed a lot of words. That's very nice.

Now answer the question. Lying even more won't help you. Pretending your arguments weren't already dealt with, when simply reading this thread proves otherwise, is a really dumb thing to do. So pretty please, just stop embarrassing yourself.

Answer the question, or leave

 

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.


severalth + 28± µ3 time

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
mephzie,No one is cruising

mephzie,

No one is cruising to worship you - deal with it.

While your dealing with it, work on this:

quote:

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.


severalth + 28± µ3 time

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5086
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

Fonzie wrote:

 

The Mystery hidden for ages (into which angels longed to look), the unthinkable - "God became man" in order to save those who believe in Him through the Sacrifice of His Own body on the cross.  He willingly died.  His blood represents more than physical blood (like animal sacrifices) - it represents the heart and soul of God's love willingly giving Himself up for us - His joy in saving us -  just as He charted His course before the world was created through Him.  How could He die?  Because He is 100% man.  So what?  Because He is 100% God. 

This victory over death putting the powers of evil to an open shame - Christ lifted up - and our seeing it through the eyes of faith has delivered us from lifelong bondage to the fear of death (not by working at ignorance or ignoring death - like the apathetic cow eating grass - but through the power of an Indestructable Life (Christ) - through the death of Death, Christ's Resurrection, (the guarantee of all God's promises).  We who are in Christ - "born again" into His body and saving blood (He is the Head of the church, His body), born anew to a new life (all things are made new)....are being powered with the same dynamo that raised Him from the dead, the Spirit of God. This is the life that is life indeed.  Faith in God allows a man to be what a man is supposed to be - not like an eagle that can't fly or a fish out of water (to reiterate).    

He willingly gave Himself up to die for us - but since the law had nothing on Him (He was sinless).  death could not hold Him.  Our "Samson" (Christ) lifted the Gates of Death - posts and all - and carried them to the top of the Hill of God.  Satan has been defeated.  There our Champion awaits our joining Him - and join Him we will.  The eyes of faith allow us to see our destination though we are told our imagination is worthless concerning what God has prepared for us.  Yet our lowly Savior also dwells with us - nothing can separate us from Him. 

 

 

the christian warrior's assertion blunderbus in excellent working order...

 

 

 

 

 

Steam,

Anything but discuss the issues.  Anything but substance from the atheists who just want to parade around and yell "there is no God".  The house special is a flash mob where most don't even know what the riot is about.  

 

 

 

What are you talking about. Where is the evidence for what you assert?

The house special is a double helping of stupid with a side order of narrow mindedness. I hope it tastes good. 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:  You have

Fonzie wrote:

  You have broken God's chains away from any claim to your heart, mind, soul or life and set sail off in your own direction (along with your unfaithful crew of supporting doubters and thinkers and atheists).   

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:  Not sure

redneF wrote:

 

 

Not sure what Bill's doing here, but it's always nice to see him.

He's not dead, you know, he just went out for cigarettes.


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
Quote:And neither the

Quote:
And neither the Gadfly, the Ninja, nor even Luca (who lived on the 2nd Floor) said another word, and like good children, they sat back to let the Scolding Nun finish the battle.

Sorry?


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
luca wrote:Sorry?No sorry

luca wrote:

Sorry?

No sorry required, mate. He was just trying to save you some time. See, if this "fonzie" guy goads you into a conversation, he'll spend weeks asking you questions, only to spend the rest of eternity crowing about how you never answered any at all.

It's not really worth anybody's time to be jerked around like that, is mostly what we're saying.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:luca

Antipatris wrote:

luca wrote:

Sorry?

No sorry required, mate. He was just trying to save you some time. See, if this "fonzie" guy goads you into a conversation, he'll spend weeks asking you questions, only to spend the rest of eternity crowing about how you never answered any at all.

It's not really worth anybody's time to be jerked around like that, is mostly what we're saying.

Waiting patiently for you to end the battle, Scolding Nun. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Waiting

jcgadfly wrote:

Waiting patiently for you to end the battle, Scolding Nun. 

The point I'm trying to make here is that you, among many others, already ended and won this many years ago, and it's stupidly unfair that he's allowed to go on claiming that never happened.

So we can either post the same question over and over again (Yes, I know he's not going to answer it), and warn people to read the thread first before they decide to waste their time on a liar...

 

...or some halfway sane moderator can maybe finally decide to close this thing.

 

 

After all, if "Fonzie" really believes his questions never got answered, that should suit him just fine.

 

Apparently, it doesn't.


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
a2k

Antipatris wrote:
luca wrote:
Sorry?
No sorry required, mate. He was just trying to save you some time. See, if this "fonzie" guy goads you into a conversation, he'll spend weeks asking you questions, only to spend the rest of eternity crowing about how you never answered any at all.

It's not really worth anybody's time to be jerked around like that, is mostly what we're saying.

I don't have read (for now, but maybe I will) this thread, but I find it strange that the discussion is at this point after all this time. I see for example in the grampa thread, which I started to read, that it's veeeery sloooow, but I think here the problem could be the people is not 'stringent', maybe only someone remebers what it was said some page ago, probably the objective was lost from time to time, or the argument of the thread is swayed before a decent answer comes... I don't have a lot of posts here (on rrs), but I saw this happen on other forums I have not much doubts it happened here too. Is there someone maybe that can summarize this gigantic thread?


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
luca wrote:I don't have read

luca wrote:

I don't have read (for now, but maybe I will) this thread, but I find it strange that the discussion is at this point after all this time. I see for example in the grampa thread, which I started to read, that it's veeeery sloooow, but I think here the problem could be the people is not 'stringent', maybe only someone remebers what it was said some page ago, probably the objective was lost from time to time, or the argument of the thread is swayed before a decent answer comes... I don't have a lot of posts here (on rrs), but I saw this happen on other forums I have not much doubts it happened here too. Is there someone maybe that can summarize this gigantic thread?

I already did. It goes like this : He asks a question. We answer. He asks the question again. We answer again, mentioning we already answered it. He ask it again....and on and on it goes...

 

The reason this works is simple : New people come along all the time. They see this thread and wonder why it's so big. So they post in it. He pounces (just wait for it), and before you know it, another ten pages have been added.

 

Look, you want to talk to him ? I'm not going to stop you. Just answer me this : Even if the discussions goes well, and it ends with him saying "thank you", "I think I understand" (many, many discussion in this thread have ended like that), are you okay with him denying it even happened a few posts later, so the next guy can start having that very same discussion with him again ?Because that's what's going on here, as you will discover when you start reading this thing.

Basically I'm asking if you would enjoy talking to a guy who's so ridiculously dishonest that he denies his own posts, even if you quote them back to him.

 

Oh, and you're not the only one who finds this strange.


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
ratman

Antipatris wrote:
I already did. It goes like this : He asks a question. We answer. He asks the question again. We answer again, mentioning we already answered it. He ask it again....and on and on it goes...

 

The reason this works is simple : New people come along all the time. They see this thread and wonder why it's so big. So they post in it. He pounces (just wait for it), and before you know it, another ten pages have been added.

 

Look, you want to talk to him ? I'm not going to stop you. Just answer me this : Even if the discussions goes well, and it ends with him saying "thank you", "I think I understand" (many, many discussion in this thread have ended like that), are you okay with him denying it even happened a few posts later, so the next guy can start having that very same discussion with him again ?Because that's what's going on here, as you will discover when you start reading this thing.

Basically I'm asking if you would enjoy talking to a guy who's so ridiculously dishonest that he denies his own posts, even if you quote them back to him.

 

Oh, and you're not the only one who finds this strange.

Well if there's noone to enforce some serious ass-whipping it's all rats play. There has to be someone apart from fonzie that has participated long enough to put him in his place. And it would require some skills too. I'd say that it's not important how many topics are being discussed. You say "him denying it even happened a few posts later", well then focus on that. Really, you need to "win" on just one argument, only one, I think. Be strict, apply rules, apply constraints. I don't know what else to do. Tell him to repeat something you think he should have 'learned' from the precedent posts. Something like that, like with a young boy. No offense, fonzie.

Anyway this happens everytime. I saw a discussion on able2know where they were talking about radiometric dating, interesting topic you can guess, and the theist of the turn simply whined and refuted what he did not like. For dozens of pages. But do you know what the wise people in the east says? One lash to the student, two to the teacher.

Anyway I wrote something in this thread, but fonzie did not respond, yet. Maybe we live on two separated (metaphysical) worlds. We're too much apart.


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
luca wrote:Well if there's

luca wrote:
Well if there's noone to enforce some serious ass-whipping it's all rats play. There has to be someone apart from fonzie that has participated long enough to put him in his place.

There is. JCGadfly has been talking to this guy for more than 4 years now. Of course, the only reason I know that is because I read the thread.

 

 

 

luca wrote:
You say "him denying it even happened a few posts later", well then focus on that. Really, you need to "win" on just one argument, only one, I think. Be strict, apply rules, apply constraints.

You hit the nail on the head. That's part of the problem : The rules aren't being enforced. If you google-search this site, you'll find a thread that lists "tentative" rules for this forum. He's broken them all for years, and he's being allowed to do that.

But still, we have been focusing on just one thing. If you start reading back from here, you'll notice a certain question that gets repeated quite a lot. You'll also notice he never answers it. Answering that question honestly would expose his dishonesty, and so does his refusal to answer it. Since he spins any other type of reply into yet another non-sequitur sermon, simply posting that question again and again (He will never answer it) is really the only effective defense we have against his dishonesty.

 

luca wrote:
I don't know what else to do. Tell him to repeat something you think he should have 'learned' from the precedent posts. Something like that, like with a young boy. No offense, fonzie.

You're not really understanding exactly how weirdly dishonest he is. He's already literally admitted that he understands the answers he got. "Thank you for explaining it to me. I think I understand", is a verbatim quote from one of his posts. Now get this : Even if you quote that entire post back at him, he will still deny it ever happened. He will deny his own words on the screen in front of his face. I really wish I was kidding.

And if you read the thread, you'll notice that what you're suggesting has already been tried. Literally, for years.

 

luca wrote:
Anyway this happens everytime. I saw a discussion on able2know where they were talking about radiometric dating, interesting topic you can guess, and the theist of the turn simply whined and refuted what he did not like. For dozens of pages. But do you know what the wise people in the east says? One lash to the student, two to the teacher.

They might well say that, but they are just as easily ignored. Also, the difference here is that this theist has never refuted anything, and this has been going on for over 4 years.

Btw, is that thread you mention here still going ?

luca wrote:
Anyway I wrote something in this thread, but fonzie did not respond, yet. Maybe we live on two separated (metaphysical) worlds. We're too much apart.

Oh, he will respond. It might take a while, but he will. You, and anyone else who hasn't read the thread (and who can blame you ?), are the reason for his lies. Since you're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he can start the entire process all over again with you.

So pretty please, I'm begging you, don't fall for it. I really like the people on this forum, and watching them being jerked around like this really annoys me. There are quite a few theists here you can have an actual conversation with. Wasting your time on this guy is a slap in the face to them too. Just let us repeat that question he's so afraid of. Nothing else works.

And you do NOT have to just take my word for any of this : Just read the thread and find out for yourself.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5086
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Hey Fonzie

 

 

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.



"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
mephzie/fonphibosheth

 

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.



"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Question for the OP

 

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.



I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 857
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
THE GREAT ESCAPE - FROM ATHEIST/THEIST DISCUSSION

luca wrote:

Antipatris wrote:
I already did. It goes like this : He asks a question. We answer. He asks the question again. We answer again, mentioning we already answered it. He ask it again....and on and on it goes...

 

The reason this works is simple : New people come along all the time. They see this thread and wonder why it's so big. So they post in it. He pounces (just wait for it), and before you know it, another ten pages have been added.

 

Look, you want to talk to him ? I'm not going to stop you. Just answer me this : Even if the discussions goes well, and it ends with him saying "thank you", "I think I understand" (many, many discussion in this thread have ended like that), are you okay with him denying it even happened a few posts later, so the next guy can start having that very same discussion with him again ?Because that's what's going on here, as you will discover when you start reading this thing.

Basically I'm asking if you would enjoy talking to a guy who's so ridiculously dishonest that he denies his own posts, even if you quote them back to him.

 

Oh, and you're not the only one who finds this strange.

Well if there's noone to enforce some serious ass-whipping it's all rats play. There has to be someone apart from fonzie that has participated long enough to put him in his place. And it would require some skills too. I'd say that it's not important how many topics are being discussed. You say "him denying it even happened a few posts later", well then focus on that. Really, you need to "win" on just one argument, only one, I think. Be strict, apply rules, apply constraints. I don't know what else to do. Tell him to repeat something you think he should have 'learned' from the precedent posts. Something like that, like with a young boy. No offense, fonzie.

Anyway this happens everytime. I saw a discussion on able2know where they were talking about radiometric dating, interesting topic you can guess, and the theist of the turn simply whined and refuted what he did not like. For dozens of pages. But do you know what the wise people in the east says? One lash to the student, two to the teacher.

Anyway I wrote something in this thread, but fonzie did not respond, yet. Maybe we live on two separated (metaphysical) worlds. We're too much apart.

 

Luca,

 

You have to understand there have never been any answers because there isn't any atheist substance.  When you get there it doesn't exist.  There is promise of it, reference to it, there are numbers that supposedly document it, but the "answers" have always been empty shells - no pearl.  And that is because without God there is no substance.  

Particularly Anonymouse posing as sock puppet Antipatris in all 2 dimensions illustrates that with absolutely no contribution to the discussion at all ever.  So, the atheist forum doesn't rise to a honest discussion.  Just look at my supposed "answer" above from jcgadfly.  That is an example of what is passed off as an "answer", then referred back to as an "answer" complete with number.  

No, the sport here is only mock and ridicule - and believe me I don't take it personally.  I understand it to be what it is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
 Bull.Did you create the

 Bull.

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Luca, You have

Fonzie wrote:

Luca,

 

You have to understand there have never been any answers because there isn't any atheist substance.  When you get there it doesn't exist.  There is promise of it, reference to it, there are numbers that supposedly document it, but the "answers" have always been empty shells - no pearl.  And that is because without God there is no substance.  

Particularly Anonymouse posing as sock puppet Antipatris in all 2 dimensions illustrates that with absolutely no contribution to the discussion at all ever.  So, the atheist forum doesn't rise to a honest discussion.  Just look at my supposed "answer" above from jcgadfly.  That is an example of what is passed off as an "answer", then referred back to as an "answer" complete with number.  

No, the sport here is only mock and ridicule - and believe me I don't take it personally.  I understand it to be what it is.

 

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

You're talking to someone who can read, you know.

 

Anyhoo : Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 857
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
WHAT'S YOUR VITAL FORCE??? OR IS IT A FARCE???

Antipatris wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Luca,

 

You have to understand there have never been any answers because there isn't any atheist substance.  When you get there it doesn't exist.  There is promise of it, reference to it, there are numbers that supposedly document it, but the "answers" have always been empty shells - no pearl.  And that is because without God there is no substance.  

Particularly Anonymouse posing as sock puppet Antipatris in all 2 dimensions illustrates that with absolutely no contribution to the discussion at all ever.  So, the atheist forum doesn't rise to a honest discussion.  Just look at my supposed "answer" above from jcgadfly.  That is an example of what is passed off as an "answer", then referred back to as an "answer" complete with number.  

No, the sport here is only mock and ridicule - and believe me I don't take it personally.  I understand it to be what it is.

 

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

You're talking to someone who can read, you know.

 

Anyhoo : Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

 

Ok, Anonapatris,  

Post any contribution you have made to discussion of substance :         >   EMPTY CONTAINER <       beyond this.  It doesn't exist AA and you know it and that's what you try to distract from, run from, flee from and be from.  You rev your engine but it never engages.   

In essence there is admission here that atheists have nothing of substance to offer - from top to bottom.  I think ashamed of what is viewed as substance is another factor.

Here's a question for you, AA.  How would YOU finish this sentence?        Be strong and very courageous, do not be afraid or dismayed, because ________________________.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: Be strong and

Fonzie wrote:
Be strong and very courageous, do not be afraid or dismayed, because ________________________. 

"That's it for me. Religion is fucking finished...that's it...It's fucking over, Lads. It's fucking oooooooooooover!!...

You've had a couple of thousand years. You fucked it. It's over. It's fucking ooooooooover!!

Take your reformation, your Vatican, your fucking Mecca, and Fffuck Off!! :  Bill Connelly

 

 

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Ok,

Fonzie wrote:

Ok, Anonapatris,  

Post any contribution you have made to discussion of substance :         >   EMPTY CONTAINER <       beyond this.  It doesn't exist AA and you know it and that's what you try to distract from, run from, flee from and be from.  You rev your engine but it never engages.   

In essence there is admission here that atheists have nothing of substance to offer - from top to bottom.  I think ashamed of what is viewed as substance is another factor.

Here's a question for you, AA.  How would YOU finish this sentence?        Be strong and very courageous, do not be afraid or dismayed, because ________________________.  

...because unlike you, I don't need to lie or run for years from a single question, which you yet again avoided answering, so for you to accuse me of "distraction" is beyond ludicrous.

My contributions are my posts. Read them. I read yours, and the posts of the people here who talked to you for years. I noticed them explaining to you that in a life without god, they're not missing anything (and yes, that includes "substance" ) , and I noticed you asking follow-up question after follow-up question, getting answer after answer.

And now, here you are, claiming it never happened, while all people have to do is read the thread.

I mean, seriously, if you want to lie so badly, why make it so obvious, so easy to check ? I'll say it again : PEOPLE CAN READ !

 

There you go, once again, your question was answered, while you got to ignore a question people have been patiently and politely repeating for over a year now.

 

I would suggest that, finally, after all this time, it's now your turn to answer : Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

And pretty please, stop lying. It's not very nice.

 

 


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:"That's it for

redneF wrote:

"That's it for me. Religion is fucking finished...that's it...It's fucking over, Lads. It's fucking oooooooooooover!!...

You've had a couple of thousand years. You fucked it. It's over. It's fucking ooooooooover!!

Take your reformation, your Vatican, your fucking Mecca, and Fffuck Off!! :  Bill Connelly

Too bad there's no YT-vid of his crucifixion routine.

I read his biography, btw. Impressive guy. He could teach the religious types a thing or two about being a good human being.

But of course, they prefer to focus on him saying "fuck" a lot.

 


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 857
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
YOU SHARE CHRIST'S WOE-WOE TO FAKE RELIGION

redneF wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
Be strong and very courageous, do not be afraid or dismayed, because ________________________. 

"That's it for me. Religion is fucking finished...that's it...It's fucking over, Lads. It's fucking oooooooooooover!!...

You've had a couple of thousand years. You fucked it. It's over. It's fucking ooooooooover!!

Take your reformation, your Vatican, your fucking Mecca, and Fffuck Off!! :  Bill Connelly

 

 

 

 

You know, red

 

This is where you've "wrong - turned" and not "recalculated".  Trust in "religion" or even trust in "faith" in "faith" is just as anti-christ as any - and more subtle. There's a real living reason to be strong and courageous when you trust in the living God and are careful to obey Him - because He will be with you in your engine compartment wherever you go lights on and power up.  Trust in religion is a.... a sorry trip - ....but,

Living by faith in God and Jesus is the cutting edge of now.  It is the brink of constant victory.  This is utopia if you could see it as it is.  Of course you don't have a problem seeing imperfections in believers - but there is no flaw in our Champion Jesus.  The opportunity is before you to be a more perfect disciple of Jesus if you dare.  He would take you in a minute or less - and He was and is more angry with fake religion than you've ever dreamed of.  You share some of that with Him.  

Plus, you see fake.  Jesus isn't calling you into fake.  Jesus is calling you into real.  You've probably seen the wrong picture of Him - instead think of a friend who - in order that you escape - courageously and willingly takes a beating to death for you when He could have easily not.  Now, the question, do you believe He's really your friend?  It's a deep connection we have with our King - He has won the hearts of His kingdom by great victory and unquestionable love.  His actions guarantee the validity of His promises.  He said, "Lo I will be with you even to the end of the earth".  We're not talking feeling here, we're talking faith. 

Our consciences are fully cleansed by His One Sacrifice - unlike any fake religion trip.  He has brought us near God - putting away sin by the Sacrifice of His Body's Blood willingly.  If you believe you can be saved - faith is the victory.  The eagle has to fly to be an eagle - a man has to have faith in his God to be a man.  Just as the eagle is equipped for flying you are equipped to have faith in the living Christ and have fellowship with God and Christ - the righteous shall live by his faith (not faith in faith BTW, faith in God).  God is the anchor, faith is the chain.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: You know,

Fonzie wrote:

 

You know, red

etc....

 

Uhm...that was Billy's quote, not something Red said. Billy's not here to talk to you, and Red is not about to go for the bait and give you yet more answers to ignore.

(And in case anyone else is tempted, please don't. Surely over 5 years of all of us jumping through his hoops is enough. Let him answer a question for once)

 

 

Anyway : Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.


redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
Posts: 1971
Joined: 2011-01-04
User is offlineOffline
Question for the OP

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.



I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
god's atheist

I'll try to make a coherent post, but I'm in a complicated situation. Maybe I'll refine it later.

Fonzie wrote:
luca wrote:
Antipatris wrote:
I already did. It goes like this : He asks a question. We answer. He asks the question again. We answer again, mentioning we already answered it. He ask it again....and on and on it goes...

 

The reason this works is simple : New people come along all the time. They see this thread and wonder why it's so big. So they post in it. He pounces (just wait for it), and before you know it, another ten pages have been added.

 

Look, you want to talk to him ? I'm not going to stop you. Just answer me this : Even if the discussions goes well, and it ends with him saying "thank you", "I think I understand" (many, many discussion in this thread have ended like that), are you okay with him denying it even happened a few posts later, so the next guy can start having that very same discussion with him again ?Because that's what's going on here, as you will discover when you start reading this thing.

Basically I'm asking if you would enjoy talking to a guy who's so ridiculously dishonest that he denies his own posts, even if you quote them back to him.

 

Oh, and you're not the only one who finds this strange.

Well if there's noone to enforce some serious ass-whipping it's all rats play. There has to be someone apart from fonzie that has participated long enough to put him in his place. And it would require some skills too. I'd say that it's not important how many topics are being discussed. You say "him denying it even happened a few posts later", well then focus on that. Really, you need to "win" on just one argument, only one, I think. Be strict, apply rules, apply constraints. I don't know what else to do. Tell him to repeat something you think he should have 'learned' from the precedent posts. Something like that, like with a young boy. No offense, fonzie.

Anyway this happens everytime. I saw a discussion on able2know where they were talking about radiometric dating, interesting topic you can guess, and the theist of the turn simply whined and refuted what he did not like. For dozens of pages. But do you know what the wise people in the east says? One lash to the student, two to the teacher.

Anyway I wrote something in this thread, but fonzie did not respond, yet. Maybe we live on two separated (metaphysical) worlds. We're too much apart.

Luca,

 

You have to understand there have never been any answers because there isn't any atheist substance.  When you get there it doesn't exist.  There is promise of it, reference to it, there are numbers that supposedly document it, but the "answers" have always been empty shells - no pearl.  And that is because without God there is no substance.  

Particularly Anonymouse posing as sock puppet Antipatris in all 2 dimensions illustrates that with absolutely no contribution to the discussion at all ever.  So, the atheist forum doesn't rise to a honest discussion.  Just look at my supposed "answer" above from jcgadfly.  That is an example of what is passed off as an "answer", then referred back to as an "answer" complete with number.  

No, the sport here is only mock and ridicule - and believe me I don't take it personally.  I understand it to be what it is.

Fonzie, basing on my experience I'm disposed to believe you, on the fact that your questions weren't really answered, and that you don't see substance in atheism. But I believe in other people too when they said they gave you their answers. Fact is, our reality is not explained completely, yet Smiling, so who has all the truth? Noone, and neither has you, nor some gods. What sort of truth you do pretend? Are you sure you asked the right thing? Are you sure you read all the anserws? Are you sure you didn't look only for how the answers could have been falsified? In the end I could tell you anything, but if you don't trust me because I'm atheist how could I pretend you accept my answers? If you don't want to change, then you have to have another objective in the debate. Well in the end I'll give a look to this thread, but I don't think it will be any different from any other thread. If you have passed 3 years and 1 week, I read, on this forum, I think in a way I admire your tenacity, not many would resist so long. But why do you only write on two or three threads? If you would intervene on some other discussion then we could get to know you better. I obviously think you got the wrong idea of atheism, and I would like to ask to you how much do you know about religions, mind the plural. In conclusion, I just think you, from both parts, didn't understand each other and didn't play with all of your cards on the table, but that's just an hypotesis, for now. Oh, and another thing, religion doesn't 'explain' things, sorry but it's true.

------------------------------

Yeah, I vaguely remember the "tentative rules", they were built with the aid of a theist too, right?

One of the threads on able2know was "If Jesus died for our sins the why there's still a hell?"; a2k has another style, it's not made from pages big as skyscrapers like rrs. There are pros and cons. The other thread, abour dating, had as 'protagonist' a worker in that field, but for now the only thing I remember is that he is crippled, he can use only one hand, so his messages are full of errors. I have it saved on my pc, because of my problems with internet (I can't look at the pages because of time, scomodità (dunno in english), no dsl, ecc), if I'll find it I'll tell.

"Don't fall for it": I know what you mean, but on the other hand I'm not here to comb crocodiles.

I saw what you did there:

Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

You see, Fonzie, what you perceive as mockery could not be really it. What I think it's important is that you explain how do you feel and do not close in yourself (man, this always comes out wrong; I'm not trying to be new age or something...); when the situation is not clear, or when it seems it has changed, ask. If one makes his opinions without sufficient evidence then there's a big possibility of forming a wrong opinion. Expecially when you work on what has not been said.


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
luca wrote:Fonzie, basing on

luca wrote:
Fonzie, basing on my experience I'm disposed to believe you, on the fact that your questions weren't really answered, and that you don't see substance in atheism. But I believe in other people too when they said they gave you their answers.

Luca, please listen : You don't have to believe anything. You can just read.

Please, I'm begging you, before you start repeating things that he has heard and ignored hundreds of times before (and please try to understand how frustrating that is for people who've seen that happen so many times before), read the thread.

If after you've read the thread, you still seriously think this person will listen to you, sure , then come back and try.

But in the meantime...don't you think it's fair that after years of answering his questions again and again, he should now honestly answer a single one for us ?

Just one ?

 

 

luca wrote:
Fact is, our reality is not explained completely, yet Smiling, so who has all the truth? Noone, and neither has you, nor some gods. What sort of truth you do pretend? Are you sure you asked the right thing? Are you sure you read all the anserws? Are you sure you didn't look only for how the answers could have been falsified? In the end I could tell you anything, but if you don't trust me because I'm atheist how could I pretend you accept my answers? If you don't want to change, then you have to have another objective in the debate. Well in the end I'll give a look to this thread, but I don't think it will be any different from any other thread. If you have passed 3 years and 1 week, I read, on this forum, I think in a way I admire your tenacity,

*sigh*

Simply ignoring people and lying is not admirable. Consistent dishonesty is not admirable.

 

luca wrote:
not many would resist so long. But why do you only write on two or three threads? If you would intervene on some other discussion then we could get to know you better. I obviously think you got the wrong idea of atheism, and I would like to ask to you how much do you know about religions, mind the plural. In conclusion, I just think you, from both parts, didn't understand each other and didn't play with all of your cards on the table, but that's just an hypotesis, for now. Oh, and another thing, religion doesn't 'explain' things, sorry but it's true.

He's been told those things, Luca. He's been asked those questions. You've just given him an open invitation to regurgitate this thread once again, and then ignore everything again.

Look, I tried to warn you, gave you the proof of what I was telling you. I really don't know what else to do now. I guess I'll just ask you again to consider how utterly frustrating this is for us who've been following this for a while. It's like his dishonesty keeps getting rewarded with attention. Seriously, please think about that.

 

luca wrote:
"Don't fall for it": I know what you mean, but on the other hand I'm not here to comb crocodiles.

I mean he will now start to flatter you. That's what he did to all of us when we first came to this thread. He'll tell you not to mind the other nasty atheists. He'll tell you he likes you, you're not like the others, don't read the thread, let's just have a chat.

And before you know it, you'll have wasted precious minutes, even hours of your life on a liar, who never had any intention of listening to you in the first place.

Please don't do that. If you have even the slightest doubt that anything I've said about him isn't 100% true, then please read the thread.

Again, if you want to have a real discussion with a theist, there are plenty around in the other threads.

This guy is just a liar.

Read. The. Thread.

Please.

 

 

 

 

 


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1196
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Excerpt # ¿5 from "The Logic, The Troll & The Medicine Cabinet "™:

Luca, as the new kid in school, thought she deserved at least one chance to feed the Troll (even though all the other good little children had warned her not to) , and tossed something at it.  The Troll, already rattling in death like a jar of gallstones, dug its discolored gums into the fresh scraps.  Its pathetic life trudged onward for a few more moments, as Lithium coursed again through its varicose veins.  

The Scolding Nun, who had been about to call the glue factory, grimaced in frustration.  She was a just but merciful Nun, so only rapped Luca once across the forehead with her Ruler.
 

"Luca," she said sternly.  "I don't know what lack of moral values they taught you at the secular school you transferred from, but here at St. Elvis, we do not feed Trolls.   Now I'm going to be lenient this time because you're new.  Your penance will be to read the entire thread.  I'm sure I can trust you from now on to behave?"  She glared at Luca with menacing compassion. 

When Luca joined the other good little children, many commented on the large bruise on her face.  "Walked into the door again," she explained. 

The Scolding Nun then led all the good little children out to the Troll, already grumbling with hunger again.  Following the Nun's cue, they all sang together:

 

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here. severalth + 29± µ3 time

 

And the Troll groaned, for it realized that just like that bad case of clap It picked up during the Depression, this Question would not go away.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
hugs

Quote:
Luca, please listen : You don't have to believe anything. You can just read.

Please, I'm begging you, before you start repeating things that he has heard and ignored hundreds of times before (and please try to understand how frustrating that is for people who've seen that happen so many times before), read the thread.

If after you've read the thread, you still seriously think this person will listen to you, sure , then come back and try.

But in the meantime...don't you think it's fair that after years of answering his questions again and again, he should now honestly answer a single one for us ?

Just one ?

Logically speaking, it follows, but it's evident for some reason he doesn't think your questions need an answer. Maybe he thinks they are not relevant.
So my answer is that "fairness" is not the point, the question does not subsist.

Quote:
Simply ignoring people and lying is not admirable. Consistent dishonesty is not admirable.

Acknowledged, but I have to wait to agree this is the situation.

Quote:
He's been told those things, Luca. He's been asked those questions. You've just given him an open invitation to regurgitate this thread once again, and then ignore everything again.

Look, I tried to warn you, gave you the proof of what I was telling you. I really don't know what else to do now. I guess I'll just ask you again to consider how utterly frustrating this is for us who've been following this for a while. It's like his dishonesty keeps getting rewarded with attention. Seriously, please think about that.

Yeah, I bet that after almost 3000 posts he heard those things, but one more doesn't hurt!
I have not give him an open invitation, I will not consider anything until I'll know more on the thread.
Yes, it would be ugly that dishonesty is rewarded with attention, but really I do not take it personally. What's more, a christian is weak compared to hebrews or muslims. With them you can have a dialogue, at least. Except for some people like ciarin (well, not a christian...) or jean (he's a bit crazy, like when he says he doesn't show us his photo because we could recognize him and kill him, because that's what atheists do). But this would go over theism, as some atheist on this forum showed.
It could be worth something that for one time the one I'm arguing with persists. Well, maybe he will "answer his questions", haha, but at least...
You know, it's like jc, he doesn't argue on your definitions of words, just on his, and he doesn't care, because essentially he wants to communicate his truth to us. It's nothing that has not been seen before. When theists got to argue, for example, I take popocorn like Kapkao would do it. In the end jc did not 'open' himself to us like fonzie didn't, I bet. They don't understand how reality works, how things are related together.
This talking to yourself is starting to be a recurrence, with christians.


Quote:
I mean he will now start to flatter you. That's what he did to all of us when we first came to this thread. He'll tell you not to mind the other nasty atheists. He'll tell you he likes you, you're not like the others, don't read the thread, let's just have a chat.

And before you know it, you'll have wasted precious minutes, even hours of your life on a liar, who never had any intention of listening to you in the first place.

Please don't do that. If you have even the slightest doubt that anything I've said about him isn't 100% true, then please read the thread.

Again, if you want to have a real discussion with a theist, there are plenty around in the other threads.

This guy is just a liar.

Read. The. Thread.

Please.

Maaan, yeah, I'm reading it, ok? Maybe he will flatter me, maybe not, who cares?
As I said It doesn't matter if he lies to me, but you are right in that I have to see if judging by this thread I would be able to "add something" to the "discussion".

-------------

zarathustra: do you have a link on google books for that? Smiling
or maybe gutenberg project...

---------------

With this last paragraph I would just take a moment to advertise quantitative and qualitative text anaylsis, which could help in managing big quantitites of text like this thread.
There are a lot of free programs, but I use maxqda, which is not immediate, but everything requires a bit of training.

I really sacrificed myself to myself for writing this message, you know? It's been hard. Shocked

Oh yeah, forgot one thing: the thread about dating is one of these: http://able2know.org/topic/47010-1 http://able2know.org/topic/86967-1

They are "Evolution? How?" and "Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution". The posts everyone should read are farmerman's ones.



URL: http://able2know.org/topic/86967-29

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/86

 


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
luca wrote:Logically

luca wrote:
Logically speaking, it follows, but it's evident for some reason he doesn't think your questions need an answer. Maybe he thinks they are not relevant.

 

So my answer is that "fairness" is not the point, the question does not subsist.

???

So basically, fuck logic and let's play by his rules ?

We've been doing that for years. All that gets us is him asking the same questions and ignoring the same answers, and asking the question again.

Look, I know you probably mean well, but I'm just going to come right out and ask you directly : Will you please NOT engage him in conversation until he's answered the question ?

 


luca wrote:
Acknowledged, but I have to wait to agree this is the situation.

No, you don't. You can read the thread and find out the situation here is actually a lot worse than I've been hinting at.

This man has a serious psychiatric condition, and he's been abusing his medication. He told us so himself. There is no reasonable conversation to be had with him on any subject.

Sorry to repeat this, but you don't need to take my word for it. You can just read the thread and find out for yourself.



luca wrote:
Yeah, I bet that after almost 3000 posts he heard those things, but one more doesn't hurt!

But it doesn't accomplish anything either. All it does is feed his ego. Talking to someone who's made it obvious he's not listening is a waste of everybody's time.



luca wrote:
I have not give him an open invitation, I will not consider anything until I'll know more on the thread.!

You mean you're going to read it ? Good. Smiling


luca wrote:
Yes, it would be ugly that dishonesty is rewarded with attention,

Good. Then don't do it.


luca wrote:
With them you can have a dialogue, at least.

You need two people for a dialogue, Luca. How many times do I have to say this : He won't listen to a word you say. Even if it ends with "Thank you for explaining this to me. I think I understand", he will still deny it ever happened, and ask the same questions again. Your answers and arguments won't just be ignored, he will deny he ever even read them !

Do you really want to personally experience this ?

Why ???

luca wrote:
This talking to yourself is starting to be a recurrence, with christians.

Right, so you accept he won't listen to a word you say, and you don't mind ? You have absolutely no trouble with rewarding his dishonesty with yet more attention ?

You'd rather do that than let us keep confronting him with his own lies, so that he can't waste anybody's time anymore ?

If the answer to all those questions is "yes", .....well, okay, you have me beat then.

Have fun, I guess.

Consistent dishonesty wins yet again.

 



luca wrote:
Maaan, yeah, I'm reading it, ok? Maybe he will flatter me, maybe not, who cares?
As I said It doesn't matter if he lies to me, but you are right in that I have to see if judging by this thread I would be able to "add something" to the "discussion".

Well, then you're going to have to read his first thread as well. (It's in the link in that question we keep repeating)


luca wrote:
zarathustra: do you have a link on google books for that? Smiling
or maybe gutenberg project...

*sigh* Dude, we are trying to do you a favor. You're making it really hard.


luca wrote:
I really sacrificed myself to myself for writing this message, you know? It's been hard. :O

Hey, I appreciate the effort.

Now could you please appreciate my efforts to stop you from feeding this already obese troll ?

He's been getting fat on the kindness of strangers for years. We'd really like for that to end.

Just out of respect for all the people who went before you in this thread, don't play his game and pretend they didn't already answer him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 857
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
THE ANONYMOUSE/ANTIPATRIS DUMPSTER ECHO

Antipatris wrote:

luca wrote:
Logically speaking, it follows, but it's evident for some reason he doesn't think your questions need an answer. Maybe he thinks they are not relevant.

 

So my answer is that "fairness" is not the point, the question does not subsist.

???

So basically, fuck logic and let's play by his rules ?

We've been doing that for years. All that gets us is him asking the same questions and ignoring the same answers, and asking the question again.

Look, I know you probably mean well, but I'm just going to come right out and ask you directly : Will you please NOT engage him in conversation until he's answered the question ?

 


luca wrote:
Acknowledged, but I have to wait to agree this is the situation.

No, you don't. You can read the thread and find out the situation here is actually a lot worse than I've been hinting at.

This man has a serious psychiatric condition, and he's been abusing his medication. He told us so himself. There is no reasonable conversation to be had with him on any subject.

Sorry to repeat this, but you don't need to take my word for it. You can just read the thread and find out for yourself.



luca wrote:
Yeah, I bet that after almost 3000 posts he heard those things, but one more doesn't hurt!

But it doesn't accomplish anything either. All it does is feed his ego. Talking to someone who's made it obvious he's not listening is a waste of everybody's time.



luca wrote:
I have not give him an open invitation, I will not consider anything until I'll know more on the thread.!

You mean you're going to read it ? Good. Smiling


luca wrote:
Yes, it would be ugly that dishonesty is rewarded with attention,

Good. Then don't do it.


luca wrote:
With them you can have a dialogue, at least.

You need two people for a dialogue, Luca. How many times do I have to say this : He won't listen to a word you say. Even if it ends with "Thank you for explaining this to me. I think I understand", he will still deny it ever happened, and ask the same questions again. Your answers and arguments won't just be ignored, he will deny he ever even read them !

Do you really want to personally experience this ?

Why ???

luca wrote:
This talking to yourself is starting to be a recurrence, with christians.

Right, so you accept he won't listen to a word you say, and you don't mind ? You have absolutely no trouble with rewarding his dishonesty with yet more attention ?

You'd rather do that than let us keep confronting him with his own lies, so that he can't waste anybody's time anymore ?

If the answer to all those questions is "yes", .....well, okay, you have me beat then.

Have fun, I guess.

Consistent dishonesty wins yet again.

 



luca wrote:
Maaan, yeah, I'm reading it, ok? Maybe he will flatter me, maybe not, who cares?
As I said It doesn't matter if he lies to me, but you are right in that I have to see if judging by this thread I would be able to "add something" to the "discussion".

Well, then you're going to have to read his first thread as well. (It's in the link in that question we keep repeating)


luca wrote:
zarathustra: do you have a link on google books for that? Smiling
or maybe gutenberg project...

*sigh* Dude, we are trying to do you a favor. You're making it really hard.


luca wrote:
I really sacrificed myself to myself for writing this message, you know? It's been hard. :O

Hey, I appreciate the effort.

Now could you please appreciate my efforts to stop you from feeding this already obese troll ?

He's been getting fat on the kindness of strangers for years. We'd really like for that to end.

Just out of respect for all the people who went before you in this thread, don't play his game and pretend they didn't already answer him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

luca,

 

So anonymose/ - now sock Antipatris continues his pattern, (you can check it out on this thread) he tells you what I'm thinking and what you should think about it but tries to stay behind a dumpster as to what he's all about or not about there or where.  His first post on this thread is #294, where he came on not with discussion but with a "Are you going to stop beating your wife Yes or No" question.  He rode that horse until it died rather than evolved - then sat up nights trying to see what else he could vandalize.  

He accuses me of being a sock-puppet when he anonymous comes on as Antipatris.  He accuses me of flattering - a projection of his own strategy with you Fly and others - especially Fly (you ought to see how he wags his tail around Fly).

He said he wasn't going to post anymore, done, zero, nada on this thread (anonymouse) but here he comes again (now Antipatris).  You might wonder why it is that he can't just let it go and ignore the thread, why he is so driven to interfere with any discussion while himself not participating in discussion - only demolition.  Oh yes, but it's for his righteous concerns that others might have their thinking led astray (hmmmmm, by non thinking?).

So if you are considering submitting your thinking to his management - do what he says, read the thread.  But I would not advise you to do what he does or you'll possibly end up where he is (nowhere) and never get anywhere in your thinking, just dumped on pick up day.

BTW a dumpster we had on the job had a sticker on it that said "DO NOT INHABIT THIS DUMPSTER".  It's too expensive anyway, I wouldn't even consider it.  So if you're listening anonymouse/ Antipatris there's a yes or no question answered no.  I won't live in your dumpster.   

 

 

 

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Luca,Even meph wants you to

Luca,

Even meph wants you to read the thread - this a very telling sign. It tells me he doesn't read it himself.

Meph, you are good at answering questions people don't ask. Try this one:

Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here. severalth + 29± µ3 time

 It seems you are either under the mods' protection or beneath their notice.

Oh and hi spammer.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:I heard about

Fonzie wrote:
I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed.
No kidding? Seriously religion is bombarded on the entire world. So much so that 'Christians' specifically feel they must continually go around the world and preach the word (generally to poor 3rd world countries with weak minded individuals mind you

 

Fonzie wrote:
So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel?
Wow a lot of questions, are you sure that you do believe? I mean you are not suppose to question anything (anything that is important)

I have a big concern that Allah will be upset with you! Not only that but if you look up religion definition you will see that there are many gods and beliefs. I really hope that you have checked all of them out, maybe the Jesus one is not for you?

 

I honestly feel you cannot be happy, and you are fooling yourself. I'm sorry to tell you the obvious truth, but here we go: God does not exist.

Now I understand that this must come as a shock to you and others, and also how is it I could possibly know this truth?

Would you think that with the billions of prayers that have been made over thousands of years, we would by now have some evidence that they work? This seems to be a pretty good indication that a God who answers prayers is highly unlikely to exist. And, of course, it says nothing about a god who does not answer prayers!

 

On the other hand a Deist believes in a God, but doesn't think that he has any input to the world or your life whatsoever. That, you would think, seems reasonable? Sadly no again.

If 'God' only gave people souls (how terrible is that by the way?) then why did he wait ~14 Billion years, to put people on Earth? I mean there were literally tons of life before man existed; not only that, most became extinct before humans evolved. Unless you think the world is 6000 years old of course? And if so, then we really need to go back to basics (I dearly hope you don't believe in that?)

 

So why be a believer? Why take on a book of a man who lived in the Middle East? He was born in Israel, I mean look at that country, they are even still backward today! And these days they don't even like the Jesus religion, they still prefer Allah. Wow, Jesus sure made an impression there! I wonder how God got it so wrong to send Jesus down to a backward land that didn't even have digital cameras invented yet. Big mistake that was!

 

It is a nice feeling to know that someone is watching out for you though. Plus you've got it made after death, seriously you can rest easy all through life.

Whereas I feel I must take care of myself and others around me, I tend to have those old fashioned christian ideals that life is about bettering yourself, learning, being happy within myself and to others around me. I only wish that people who believe in the Bible could accept other religions as they may be right too. And when everyone starts believing and accepting all religions, well then.. well, religion won't really be needed, we could just be another temporary lifeform in our ever expanding universe.

If you still want to follow Jesus, I feel sad for you, and hope that you get well soon.

 


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1196
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Excerpt #... from "The Logic, The Troll & The Medicine Cabinet":

Having directed all her energies at disciplining Luca, the Scolding Nun did not notice yet another untutored child had sneaked in among the class.  In no time at all, Kim reached into her lunch pail and tossed some of her leftovers at the Troll, which promptly began flapping its dentures with renewed vigor.

The Scolding Nun whipped around in fury.

"Kim," she hissed.  "Are you so proud to think that when we have been tending to the Troll all these years, you actually have something new to serve it?  I will say this once, and once only (unless, of course, I have to say it more than once):  We do not feed Trolls here anymore.  If you must feed the Troll, feed it something it doesn't like:  

Quote:
 Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

severalth + 30± µ3 time

"...Now go down to the cellar and read the whole thread with Luca, and don't come back until you've finished.  Maybe then you will realize the error of your ways."

As Kim shuffled away in shame, the Scolding Nun turned to the rest of the good little children -- and they were such good little children, for not feeding the Troll anymore.  "Children," she said wearily.  "no matter how hard we try, sometimes it is not enough.  At times like these, we must turn to Mod for help."

And as they all bowed their heads in silent petition, the sounds of the Troll grew louder, as it prepared to gurgle anew.

 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
Posts: 174
Joined: 2011-05-20
User is offlineOffline
Another one..... Oookay, I

Another one.....

 

Oookay, I give up.

 

Guys, I tried to help. Sorry, but I can't keep this up.

 

As long as people keep jumping in and handing him clean slate after clean slate, this is never going to end.

 

Well, it's become unavoidably obvious that boards like this are completely defenseless against persistent trolls, so it's best I stop visiting them altogether.

 

I learned a lot from you guys. Thanks for that.

 

All the best.

 

 

 

 


kimsland
atheist
kimsland's picture
Posts: 32
Joined: 2011-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Have a good one Wow people

Have a good one Smiling

Wow people come and go here all the time.

 

Well goodbye Antipatris


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
I just don't have the energy

I just don't have the energy to deal with retards like Fonzie anymore.

With an intelligent and honest theist you can have a pretty good discussion.

But I'm not dealing with the lying retarded ones anymore.  It's pointless.

 

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Are the mods

Are the mods keeping/protecting him because he brings hits to the site?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
Posts: 857
Joined: 2008-08-31
User is offlineOffline
CALL WISDOM YOUR SISTER - ANSWER HER INVITATION

kimsland wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed.
No kidding? Seriously religion is bombarded on the entire world. So much so that 'Christians' specifically feel they must continually go around the world and preach the word (generally to poor 3rd world countries with weak minded individuals mind you

 

Fonzie wrote:
So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel?
Wow a lot of questions, are you sure that you do believe? I mean you are not suppose to question anything (anything that is important)

I have a big concern that Allah will be upset with you! Not only that but if you look up religion definition you will see that there are many gods and beliefs. I really hope that you have checked all of them out, maybe the Jesus one is not for you?

 

I honestly feel you cannot be happy, and you are fooling yourself. I'm sorry to tell you the obvious truth, but here we go: God does not exist.

Now I understand that this must come as a shock to you and others, and also how is it I could possibly know this truth?

Would you think that with the billions of prayers that have been made over thousands of years, we would by now have some evidence that they work? This seems to be a pretty good indication that a God who answers prayers is highly unlikely to exist. And, of course, it says nothing about a god who does not answer prayers!

 

On the other hand a Deist believes in a God, but doesn't think that he has any input to the world or your life whatsoever. That, you would think, seems reasonable? Sadly no again.

If 'God' only gave people souls (how terrible is that by the way?) then why did he wait ~14 Billion years, to put people on Earth? I mean there were literally tons of life before man existed; not only that, most became extinct before humans evolved. Unless you think the world is 6000 years old of course? And if so, then we really need to go back to basics (I dearly hope you don't believe in that?)

 

So why be a believer? Why take on a book of a man who lived in the Middle East? He was born in Israel, I mean look at that country, they are even still backward today! And these days they don't even like the Jesus religion, they still prefer Allah. Wow, Jesus sure made an impression there! I wonder how God got it so wrong to send Jesus down to a backward land that didn't even have digital cameras invented yet. Big mistake that was!

 

It is a nice feeling to know that someone is watching out for you though. Plus you've got it made after death, seriously you can rest easy all through life.

Whereas I feel I must take care of myself and others around me, I tend to have those old fashioned christian ideals that life is about bettering yourself, learning, being happy within myself and to others around me. I only wish that people who believe in the Bible could accept other religions as they may be right too. And when everyone starts believing and accepting all religions, well then.. well, religion won't really be needed, we could just be another temporary lifeform in our ever expanding universe.

If you still want to follow Jesus, I feel sad for you, and hope that you get well soon.

 

 

 

 

 

Kim,

Yes I'm serious, I was one of the weak minded.  You're right, Bibles are plentiful around the world.  I'm sure I do believe in Jesus, yes.  The questions I had were about what atheists believe.  I have no doubts Jesus is the One for me, has died for me, is living in me 24/7 in fellowship and prayer.  

Yes, there are many so called "gods".  I'm thankful I have found the real God.  I hope you are successful in your search as well.  

You are sad to inform me that God does not exist, but I don't see anything about your information that gives strength to your belief.  You have a sea of feelings, some waves lapping one way, some another.  You see things, you conclude things, you feel things and on that you build your lofty house.

I don't know how you view change, but it would be wise on your part to become a fool so you could become wise.  Become simple minded and accept the invitation wisdom has sent her maids out to call you to come to dinner, to leave simpleness and live.  

 

 

 

 

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
 Quote: Did you create the

 Quote:

 Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

 

severalth + 30± µ3 time

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
If there were a god he would

If there were a god he would have put an end to this abominable contortion of a thread by now.


luca
atheist
Posts: 400
Joined: 2011-02-21
User is offlineOffline
...aaaaand 3000! doh

Quote:
???

So basically, fuck logic and let's play by his rules ?

We've been doing that for years. All that gets us is him asking the same questions and ignoring the same answers, and asking the question again.

Look, I know you probably mean well, but I'm just going to come right out and ask you directly : Will you please NOT engage him in conversation until he's answered the question ?

It doesn't mean "play by his rules", it means you have to understand what someone thinks for reply to him, expecially when he's sort of hiding behind an additional layer of religion.

Quote:
No, you don't. You can read the thread and find out the situation here is actually a lot worse than I've been hinting at.

This man has a serious psychiatric condition, and he's been abusing his medication. He told us so himself. There is no reasonable conversation to be had with him on any subject.

Sorry to repeat this, but you don't need to take my word for it. You can just read the thread and find out for yourself.

Holy crap.

Quote:
*sigh* Dude, we are trying to do you a favor. You're making it really hard.

Wouldn't it be useful to read how it ends?

------------

Quote:
So anonymose/ - now sock Antipatris continues his pattern, (you can check it out on this thread) he tells you what I'm thinking and what you should think about it but tries to stay behind a dumpster as to what he's all about or not about there or where.  His first post on this thread is #294, where he came on not with discussion but with a "Are you going to stop beating your wife Yes or No" question.  He rode that horse until it died rather than evolved - then sat up nights trying to see what else he could vandalize. 

He accuses me of being a sock-puppet when he anonymous comes on as Antipatris.  He accuses me of flattering - a projection of his own strategy with you Fly and others - especially Fly (you ought to see how he wags his tail around Fly).

He said he wasn't going to post anymore, done, zero, nada on this thread (anonymouse) but here he comes again (now Antipatris).  You might wonder why it is that he can't just let it go and ignore the thread, why he is so driven to interfere with any discussion while himself not participating in discussion - only demolition.  Oh yes, but it's for his righteous concerns that others might have their thinking led astray (hmmmmm, by non thinking?).

So if you are considering submitting your thinking to his management - do what he says, read the thread.  But I would not advise you to do what he does or you'll possibly end up where he is (nowhere) and never get anywhere in your thinking, just dumped on pick up day.

BTW a dumpster we had on the job had a sticker on it that said "DO NOT INHABIT THIS DUMPSTER".  It's too expensive anyway, I wouldn't even consider it.  So if you're listening anonymouse/ Antipatris there's a yes or no question answered no.  I won't live in your dumpster.

I think the only thing you two are doing is not answering each other's questions.

--------------

Quote:
If there were a god he would have put an end to this abominable contortion of a thread by now.

Not if it's evil.


Upside
Theist
Upside's picture
Posts: 38
Joined: 2007-10-11
User is offlineOffline
Dropping In

I dropped through this thread awhile back.  Looks like some  going on still.  I'm a theist and i've owned the badge, it sucks to see others owning the other badge.  Is it hard to imagine everything around will pass by and one day be gone?  Trees wither, concrete cracks, people grow old, fail and die, there's really no end to the unavoidable passing and end with everything that surrounds.  The cool thing is that in the end everything will be made new.  Even better is that, there is no need for waiting till the end, we can be made new right now.  He is at work in many now.  It's visible in many ways, not with flashing lights or horoscopes, but it is real.  There is more for you.   

 

Revelations 21

1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

 5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

 

Upside


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1196
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Logic, The Troll & The Medicine Cabinet...

The Troll called out in vain, hoping for more scraps.  But the good little children had all left, bored with Its ceaseless dodging.  

In desperation, it summoned its placental twin Upside for help.  The twin laid its tie-dyed joints among the Troll's lithium pills, hoping to lure the children back.  But noone was so foolish to fall for the ruse.

There was nothing left for the Troll to do but mull over their last words to It:

Quote:
 

 Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

severalth + 31± µ3 time

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††