It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even Mother Teresa finally

Even Mother Teresa finally confessed that her prayers and adulation were never answered...

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:The Jesus

Kapkao wrote:

The Jesus offered by Christianity is based upon Gospels that fail to reveal any trustworthy history that supports the claims about him.  They show they vary based upon the authors reworking statements and events to fit non-historical beliefs.  The other Jesus is the Christ that apparently Paul invented or borrowed elsewhere that is simply proclaimed without any historical grounding and is to be believed more as a philosophical truth rather than an actual case about reality, a method to see reality rather than reality itself. That method then makes claims about itself being grounded in history with no supporting evidence.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW?

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

It sounds like that you're putting a lot of faith there in that fungus you and your scientists are feeding.  It won't supply your every need.  There have been infinite other such efforts to satisfy - marathon efforts; "...I built houses and planted vineyards for myself; I made myself gardens and parks, and planted in them all kinds of fruit growing trees.  I bought male and female slaves, and had slaves who were born in my house; I had also great possessions of herds and flocks, more than any who had been before me in Jerusalem.  I also gathered for myself silver and gold and the treasure of kings and provinces; I got singers, both men and women, and many concubines, man's delight."  (Harley might want to take a look at this)   "....Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had spent in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun." 

There's only One perfect thing that will satisfy:  the Love of Christ.  If you want to be truly scientific you won't let this challenge stay a remote thing with you - you'll check Him out up close and from every angle.  You won't base your conclusions on another's  experiments.  You'll conduct it yourself. 

Take a break from your Collider and find out what a real collision can be.

I tried the challenge and wasted years of my life and academic career looking at him up close and personal from every angle. he was tried and found wanting. ..wanting existence that is.  It is unlikely that a highly mythological character can love you apart from living in his fictional world of 2000 years ago.  Then perhaps you can experience that narrative and fictional love.  But that is usually called delusion and is treatable.

TG,

My experience is totally different than yours.  How is your antidotal story evidence?

You may be the atheist I have been looking for.  Please tell me how atheism has enriched and fulfilled your life.  Also, since your "time wasted" what have and are you doing that is valuable? 

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:TG,My

Fonzie wrote:

TG,

My experience is totally different than yours. 

Of course it is. You're delusional.

You believe in something that's logically false.

We just put an end to the debate.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/28929?page=1

You can no longer rationally debate about any legendary monotheistic god.

It's illogical to do so.

All you can do, is argue about your delusion as if it's real...

But, that probably won't stop you, and many others, from being delusional, till you die.

Your personal delusions will each die with you.

The next generations will have less ratios of people believing in something that is illogical.

There's no god that loves you.

It was all in your head.

Go and thank the people who claim to be looking out for your best interests, who helped cement those lies in your mind.

That's all that's important...

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:TGBaker

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

It sounds like that you're putting a lot of faith there in that fungus you and your scientists are feeding.  It won't supply your every need.  There have been infinite other such efforts to satisfy - marathon efforts; "...I built houses and planted vineyards for myself; I made myself gardens and parks, and planted in them all kinds of fruit growing trees.  I bought male and female slaves, and had slaves who were born in my house; I had also great possessions of herds and flocks, more than any who had been before me in Jerusalem.  I also gathered for myself silver and gold and the treasure of kings and provinces; I got singers, both men and women, and many concubines, man's delight."  (Harley might want to take a look at this)   "....Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had spent in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun." 

There's only One perfect thing that will satisfy:  the Love of Christ.  If you want to be truly scientific you won't let this challenge stay a remote thing with you - you'll check Him out up close and from every angle.  You won't base your conclusions on another's  experiments.  You'll conduct it yourself. 

I tried the challenge and wasted years of my life and academic career looking at him up close and personal from every angle. he was tried and found wanting. ..wanting existence that is.  It is unlikely that a highly mythological character can love you apart from living in his fictional world of 2000 years ago.  Then perhaps you can experience that narrative and fictional love.  But that is usually called delusion and is treatable.

TG,

My experience is totally different than yours.  How is your antidotal story evidence?

You may be the atheist I have been looking for.  Please tell me how atheism has enriched and fulfilled your life.  Also, since your "time wasted" what have and are you doing that is valuable? 

TG,

Fonzie has ignored many direct answers to the question he has just asked you. Be prepared to join the crowd.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

It is not that the biblical narratives are accurate it is the reason that they are not that allows some historical results by the historical-critcal methods of redaktion geschichte, form and source geschichte.  For example the texts try hard to over come the idea that Jesus was a follower of John the baptist, and was baptized for the remission of his sins.  This was a scandal for the church. The writers  rework this problem by changing around pronouns of alleged prophecies to attempt tp make John the baptist as fore runner of jesus, who who was to proclaim him. But the text from the Old Testament does not say that at all. There is another example where Jesus is called the son of Mary by the hometown crowds. This implies that he had no legitimate father. Otherwise even if his father was dead that would have referred to himas the son of his father not mother. It is more explained by a historical Cynic character that was typical of that period and had leanings toward end of the world eschatology like many messianic pretenders of that period. Infact you find a group of Jewish Christians at the end of the first century that did not believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he was divine or the son of God in a divine sense. They believed that he was ta human messiah and would return with the general resurrection when all would be raised. This fits very well well with a simple teacher on whom Paul's myths were later attached. The church reworked all through the writings an attempt to overcome that Jesus was mistaken about the end of the world being soon.... In fact the church keeps using that word soon. Jesus meant in his lifetime. When he was killed it looks like the followers who were Jewish kept waiting for the End and incorporated some of the ideas of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Ther was a rift between Paul and jesus's original follwers that he writes about. It was worse than he portrayed it. The Jewish Christians (original followers were not even called Christians) It seems that Peter and James taught the same as this sect (observance of the Jewish laws).  It is Paul that is the creator of Christianity and the whole myth that was later attached to a human character. This is the typical historical Jesus hypothesis. The Christ figure of Christianty is completely mythic but attached to and initiated by a Galilean who did not follwer Pharisaic practices very well and taught a Cynic ethic based upon the end of the world.

Now if you go the entire mythic route with the analysis there is presently no explanation that accounts for a Greek demi-god Christ of Paul's coming from a very human albeit sensationalized Jewish miracle worker/magician.  There were a lot in that period as well.. In fact Paul's Christ is completely made up from contemporary myths  But there is also a group of a few hundred thousand that seem to have remained the followers of the John the Baptist figure and consider him Messiah even to this day in Palestine. They were strong competitors in the 30's through 70's CE with the Christians.  They are many more features of this type of playing down by the New Testament writers that is more easily explained as reflecting the problems the church had with its historical source, Jesus of Nazareth. The virgin birth stories are heavily an attempt to gloss over the idea that Jesus was born in Nazareth when the Messiah was supposed to come from Bethlehem.  Scholars therefore think that the historical Jesus was not born in Bethlehem but Nazareth with the church trying to fit him to the Jewish belief that the Messiah would come from the house of King David, Bethlehem.  Matthew has Mary and Joseph's hometown as Bethlehem with Jesus born there and moving to Nazareth later.  Luke has Mary and Joseph from Nazareth going to a census in Bethlehem where she delivers. To made up stories to deal with something that was bothering the church about (facts??). The early Q tradition reflects a completely human teacher of Cynic wisdom. And so that is why many historians posit a historical person. And conclude that it is mostly mythological.

TG,

My morals and ethics are based upon the well-being of myself and others rather than primitive dictates of stoning children and women who loose their virginity out of wedlock. I am not deluded into preparing for another future world so I can focus on this one.  I spent 20 years as a social worker helping the needy, a period of time as an adult probation office dealing with felons, 10 years as a substance abuse counselor and a therapist as for a life styles group. I did 11 years of working in child abuse as a social worker and an investigator.  I was an assistant director of a children's shelter and "pastor' for a group that explored spirituality without the context of religion.  I raise my 2 year old and play guitar continue to do my research and address folks like here.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

anyuta34i (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
If you fall 2 for one of

spam

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
IF THE LIGHT IN YOU IS DARKNESS

TGBaker wrote:

My morals and ethics are based upon the well-being of myself and others rather than primitive dictates of stoning children and women who loose their virginity out of wedlock. I am not deluded into preparing for another future world so I can focus on this one.  I spent 20 years as a social worker helping the needy, a period of time as an adult probation office dealing with felons, 10 years as a substance abuse counselor and a therapist as for a life styles group. I did 11 years of working in child abuse as a social worker and an investigator.  I was an assistant director of a children's shelter and "pastor' for a group that explored spirituality without the context of religion.  I raise my 2 year old and play guitar continue to do my research and address folks like here.

TG,

If Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, the Savior of all those who believe in Him - you have not counseled people in the way they should go. 

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

If Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, the Savior of all those who believe in Him - you have not counseled people in the way they should go.

But since he isn't  you are causing considerable damage by you counseling them in the way they should not go.  Do you oppose stem cell research, believe homosexuals are going to hell, believe anyone that does not believe as you do is going to hell. Do you support Israel because you believe the Temple should be built so that jesus can come again?  Do you oppose abortion in all cases believing that life begins at conception? Do you teach that a woman is to be subservient to her husband and silent in the churches?  Do you teach an after life which causes people to make terrible decisions in neglecting this life?  Do you oppose good old rock and roll because its from Satan? To spread the meme of unwarranted guilt over normal sexual drives teaching the horrors of masturbation to kids in puberty? Do you see people who do not believe in Christ as agents or under the spell of Satan? Are Jews, Buddhists, Hindus etc.' gonna burn in hell and are they agents of Satan?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:, If Jesus is

Fonzie wrote:

He has made an error?

According to whom?

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:If Jesus is the

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Fonzie wrote:
TG, My experience is totally different than yours. How is your antidotal story evidence?

Truth and honesty are antidotal to the pustulent lies of jesus. 

πππ†
π†††

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Fonzie

redneF wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

He has made an error?

According to whom?

In Christianity being good won't get you into heaven. It is taught in the seminaries that A good man will still go to hell if he is not born again. Thus a Good Man and a Christian good act and so the exact same thing but the results would be different... on would be spiritual and fruitful the other would fail to do god's will.

Sick huh?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:redneF

TGBaker wrote:

redneF wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

He has made an error?

According to whom?

In Christianity being good won't get you into heaven. It is taught in the seminaries that A good man will still go to hell if he is not born again. Thus a Good Man and a Christian good act and so the exact same thing but the results would be different... on would be spiritual and fruitful the other would fail to do god's will.

Sick Huh? 

Yup.

Actually, I posted a link and some quotes recently, from some evangelist who is trying to get more people to adopt the term 'slave', which has been obscured and downplayed from the original literature, in an effort to be more 'politically correct'.

He thinks it's an important distinction that people must learn that becoming the 'Lord's slave' should be an essential desire among people, and to not have negative feelings about 'slavery', and 'master and slaves'.

Ya, that's not mentally disturbed...

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle - Fonzie you were right.

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

But since he isn't  you are causing considerable damage by you counseling them in the way they should not go.  Do you oppose stem cell research, believe homosexuals are going to hell, believe anyone that does not believe as you do is going to hell. Do you support Israel because you believe the Temple should be built so that jesus can come again?  Do you oppose abortion in all cases believing that life begins at conception? Do you teach that a woman is to be subservient to her husband and silent in the churches?  Do you teach an after life which causes people to make terrible decisions in neglecting this life?  Do you oppose good old rock and roll because its from Satan? To spread the meme of unwarranted guilt over normal sexual drives teaching the horrors of masturbation to kids in puberty? Do you see people who do not believe in Christ as agents or under the spell of Satan? Are Jews, Buddhists, Hindus etc.' gonna burn in hell and are they agents of Satan?

TG is the atheist you have long been waiting for. Have fun knocking your moral inconsistency on that wall, motorcycle boy.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

TG is the atheist you have long been waiting for. Have fun knocking your moral inconsistency on that wall, motorcycle boy.

gee you make me blush Am I getting into too much water to enjoy the swim?

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:To spread the

TGBaker wrote:

To spread the meme of unwarranted guilt over normal sexual drives teaching the horrors of masturbation to kids in puberty?  

Those animalistic urges are well understood by Christians, and are treated with compassion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x45EOzMJA5o&feature=relmfu

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE HEARING EAR AND THE SEEING EYE - GOD MADE BOTH

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

TG,

I am 100% sure beyond any doubt whatsoever that Jesus Christ is LORD, died for the sins of those who believe in Him - of which I am fortunately one.  I have been born again into Him - the desire to have the gift and the gift of grace itself is all to God's glory and all God's work.  It isn't based on merit whatsoever.  I believe in Christ, have been baptized into Christ, and I am saved.  The desire I had to come to Him was also all His work.  You have faith Christ doesn't exist (100%?).  One of us is wrong. 

You have mentioned a bunch of things I don't want to get into (which was the Holy Spirit's advice to Timothy through Paul) because the things you have mentioned don't relate to taking hold of the Life that is in Christ.  The solution to man's problem is not politics.  The solution is also not world wealth.  The solution is also not to be found in the wisdom of men - what is falsely called knowledge. 

The thing Paul told Timothy to take hold of was:  "eternal life".  Eternal life is "knowing Christ".  Paul also told Timothy there is going to be a fight involved doing this - not against men (as in me against you) but against powers, principalities, Satan.  This is a spiritual war fought with spiritual weapons, but the goal is not to moralize the world (as in "vote Satan out) or to come up with a poll of what most people think - but take hold of the Life that is Life Indeed - Christ.  I have this life within me and don't aim to let go.  I have Christ's promise He won't let me go.  I am as I said on the lower streets of heaven.  It's the same eternal life here.  if you don't get hold of it here you won't have it there. 

What God says about your version (or my version) of righteousness is that it is like filthy rags to God.  The only righteousness that is acceptable is God's Righteousness - which is the Gift of Grace through Jesus Christ, the sacrifice of the Lamb of God.  His blood fills the bath that we all must wash in to be acceptable to God, and it is all God's work.  We do nothing to accomplish salvation.  So there is nothing to boast about - but simply a gift to share. 

Your description of your impression of Christianity shows you have never seen it as it is.  Pray for eyes to see. 

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:I am 100% sure

Fonzie wrote:

I am 100% sure beyond any doubt whatsoever that Jesus Christ is LORD

It doesn't matter.

You don't matter, much.

Hundreds of millions of people completely disagree with you.

And they don't matter much, either.

Your belief is not important.

That's why secularism is paramount.

Deal with it...

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
It's hard

TGBaker wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

gee you make me blush Am I getting into too much water to enjoy the swim?

to disguise the language of personal integrity, TG. And you'll know how deep the water is when Fonzie's loving heavenly father resorts to thinly veiled fallacies from force.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

TG,

I am 100% sure beyond any doubt whatsoever that Jesus Christ is LORD, died for the sins of those who believe in Him - of which I am fortunately one.  I have been born again into Him - the desire to have the gift and the gift of grace itself is all to God's glory and all God's work.  It isn't based on merit whatsoever.  I believe in Christ, have been baptized into Christ, and I am saved.  The desire I had to come to Him was also all His work.  You have faith Christ doesn't exist (100%?).  One of us is wrong. 

You have mentioned a bunch of things I don't want to get into (which was the Holy Spirit's advice to Timothy through Paul) because the things you have mentioned don't relate to taking hold of the Life that is in Christ.  The solution to man's problem is not politics.  The solution is also not world wealth.  The solution is also not to be found in the wisdom of men - what is falsely called knowledge. 

The thing Paul told Timothy to take hold of was:  "eternal life".  Eternal life is "knowing Christ".  Paul also told Timothy there is going to be a fight involved doing this - not against men (as in me against you) but against powers, principalities, Satan.  This is a spiritual war fought with spiritual weapons, but the goal is not to moralize the world (as in "vote Satan out) or to come up with a poll of what most people think - but take hold of the Life that is Life Indeed - Christ.  I have this life within me and don't aim to let go.  I have Christ's promise He won't let me go.  I am as I said on the lower streets of heaven.  It's the same eternal life here.  if you don't get hold of it here you won't have it there. 

What God says about your version (or my version) of righteousness is that it is like filthy rags to God.  The only righteousness that is acceptable is God's Righteousness - which is the Gift of Grace through Jesus Christ, the sacrifice of the Lamb of God.  His blood fills the bath that we all must wash in to be acceptable to God, and it is all God's work.  We do nothing to accomplish salvation.  So there is nothing to boast about - but simply a gift to share. 

Your description of your impression of Christianity shows you have never seen it as it is.  Pray for eyes to see. 

Your subjective 100% certainty beyond a reasonable doubt is unreasonable and the definition of delusion. It does not matter how you feel. I can introduce you to a guy that gets messages from the TV that are coded about how he should live. He is 100% sure beyond a reasonable doubt. Your belief or anyone else's does not verify, validate or confirm what you say. You can not stay on subject. The question is not my brand of righteousness but whether yours is a delusion or not.

You mentioned "a bunch" of things that you don't want to get into because they will show the true nature of your religious presuppositions, hatred and bigotry. That has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with leftover fossils within a rotting religion that reveals a skeleton of racial hatred, gender suppression and slavery, sexual obsession and dysfunction. You simply follow an old tribal war god veiled in many masks of deception.  The definition of Satan is deceiver and guess what you are doing a great job.

As to what god says about my version...Wake up that is not god talking that is a dialogue that is running inside your head. How dare you presuppose my impression of Christianity or anything else you typical judgmental Christian.  You simply mumble a plethora of learned and traditional catch words that you have attached to emotive centers in your  programmed brain. If you are at all evangelical do not spout your beliefs to your self demonstrate them.  You seem to hide behind these walls of juggled scripture but refuse to discuss what they mean or why they may be valid or invalid.  So you can stick your tongue out at me as a child and say nanah nanah and I can stand on the other side of the street and get down to your level and say I'm rubber and your glue...  or you can Grow up and discuss the topic as an adult.  I pray for the eyes for you to see.  YOU Pray for the eyes for you to see.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
YOU ARE THE ONE OFF SUBJECT TG

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

TG,

Your subjective 100% certainty beyond a reasonable doubt is unreasonable and the definition of delusion. It does not matter how you feel. I can introduce you to a guy that gets messages from the TV that are coded about how he should live. He is 100% sure beyond a reasonable doubt. Your belief or anyone else's does not verify, validate or confirm what you say. You can not stay on subject. The question is not my brand of righteousness but whether yours is a delusion or not.

You mentioned "a bunch" of things that you don't want to get into because they will show the true nature of your religious presuppositions, hatred and bigotry. That has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with leftover fossils within a rotting religion that reveals a skeleton of racial hatred, gender suppression and slavery, sexual obsession and dysfunction. You simply follow an old tribal war god veiled in many masks of deception.  The definition of Satan is deceiver and guess what you are doing a great job.

As to what god says about my version...Wake up that is not god talking that is a dialogue that is running inside your head. How dare you presuppose my impression of Christianity or anything else you typical judgmental Christian.  You simply mumble a plethora of learned and traditional catch words that you have attached to emotive centers in your  programmed brain. If you are at all evangelical do not spout your beliefs to your self demonstrate them.  You seem to hide behind these walls of juggled scripture but refuse to discuss what they mean or why they may be valid or invalid.  So you can stick your tongue out at me as a child and say nanah nanah and I can stand on the other side of the street and get down to your level and say I'm rubber and your glue...  or you can Grow up and discuss the topic as an adult.  I pray for the eyes for you to see.  YOU Pray for the eyes for you to see.

TG,

You view my answer as off subject because of your misconception of what Christianity is.  It is walking by faith with the living Christ Who died for us and has risen from the dead - and destroyed death.  It is - as I said - taking hold of Christ, Who is Eternal Life.

You want to argue politics and get into the godless chatter and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge - thus missing the mark (end of 1 Timothy).  You can't discuss the faith in Christ you don't have so you attack it as delusional. 

I believe the whole Bible is exactly true (rightly understood).  The whole Bible points to Christ, the mystery of salvation hidden before the creation of the world.  God shows in His Creation He can do anything.  God shows in the Gift of His Only Begotten Son His everlasting love.

You are the one off subject.  You leave the subject at your rejection of Christ.  But, as you say, you have a lot of company - I will grant you that.  But what company is a lie in the end?  (you will consider this off subject, but)...  How can a house stand without a foundation? 

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

TG,

As to what god says about my version...Wake up that is not god talking that is a dialogue that is running inside your head. How dare you presuppose my impression of Christianity or anything else you typical judgmental Christian.  You simply mumble a plethora of learned and traditional catch words that you have attached to emotive centers in your  programmed brain. If you are at all evangelical do not spout your beliefs to your self demonstrate them.  You seem to hide behind these How dare you insult people my assumin they have a misconception of walls of juggled scripture but refuse to discuss what they mean or why they may be valid or invalid.  So you can stick your tongue out at me as a child and say nanah nanah and I can stand on the other side of the street and get down to your level and say I'm rubber and your glue...  or you can Grow up and discuss the topic as an adult.  I pray for the eyes for you to see.  YOU Pray for the eyes for you to see.

TG,

You view my answer as off subject because of your misconception of what Christianity is.  It is walking by faith with the living Christ Who died for us and has risen from the dead - and destroyed death.  It is - as I said - taking hold of Christ, Who is Eternal Life.

You want to argue politics and get into the godless chatter and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge - thus missing the mark (end of 1 Timothy).  You can't discuss the faith in Christ you don't have so you attack it as delusional. 

I believe the whole Bible is exactly true (rightly understood).  The whole Bible points to Christ, the mystery of salvation hidden before the creation of the world.  God shows in His Creation He can do anything.  God shows in the Gift of His Only Begotten Son His everlasting love.

You are the one off subject.  You leave the subject at your rejection of Christ.  But, as you say, you have a lot of company - I will grant you that.  But what company is a lie in the end?  (you will consider this off subject, but)...  How can a house stand without a foundation? 

How dare you say I have a misconception of Christianity. Typical Christian fuzzy headedness. I have a over 40 years of experience with your delusion. I have a degree and was ordained in your erroneous belief. I am not arguing nor do I care about politics where is that additional delusion coming from.... Your presuppositions ..... The whole Bible does not point to Christ. Your method of seeing the bible causes you to view it as about Christ. In other words you read into it what is not there based upon the traditions you were programmed in. I hate to tell you this but Christ is not eternal. The person called jesus died and a lot of other delusional folk believed he rose again... They would be comfortable hanging around people who see Elvis and UFO's today. Paul could make quite a theology about Elvis.  And since I'm from Memphis it would be easy to make a pilgrimage. No you get on the subject of scripture and give me examples instead of unwarranted boasts or claims yadah yadah,... You commit a terrible lie to the world by presenting this dangerous and behaviorally dysfunctional belief.  The foundation of the house is truth not a ghost story.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
LIE / APPLY / DENY /

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

TG,

As to what god says about my version...Wake up that is not god talking that is a dialogue that is running inside your head. How dare you presuppose my impression of Christianity or anything else you typical judgmental Christian.  You simply mumble a plethora of learned and traditional catch words that you have attached to emotive centers in your  programmed brain. If you are at all evangelical do not spout your beliefs to your self demonstrate them.  You seem to hide behind these How dare you insult people my assumin they have a misconception of walls of juggled scripture but refuse to discuss what they mean or why they may be valid or invalid.  So you can stick your tongue out at me as a child and say nanah nanah and I can stand on the other side of the street and get down to your level and say I'm rubber and your glue...  or you can Grow up and discuss the topic as an adult.  I pray for the eyes for you to see.  YOU Pray for the eyes for you to see.

TG,

How dare you say I have a misconception of Christianity. Typical Christian fuzzy headedness. I have a over 40 years of experience with your delusion. I have a degree and was ordained in your erroneous belief. I am not arguing nor do I care about politics where is that additional delusion coming from.... Your presuppositions ..... The whole Bible does not point to Christ. Your method of seeing the bible causes you to view it as about Christ. In other words you read into it what is not there based upon the traditions you were programmed in. I hate to tell you this but Christ is not eternal. The person called jesus died and a lot of other delusional folk believed he rose again... They would be comfortable hanging around people who see Elvis and UFO's today. Paul could make quite a theology about Elvis.  And since I'm from Memphis it would be easy to make a pilgrimage. No you get on the subject of scripture and give me examples instead of unwarranted boasts or claims yadah yadah,... You commit a terrible lie to the world by presenting this dangerous and behaviorally dysfunctional belief.  The foundation of the house is truth not a ghost story.

TG,

Ok, here is a Scripture that should be simple enough  for you:  (1 John 2.22-23) "Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ?  This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.  No one who denies the Son has the Father.  He who confesses the Son has the Father also.  Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you.  If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you will abide in the Son and in the Father.  And this is what He has promised us, eternal life." 

And here's one that addresses the focus of all the scriptures:  (John 5.39-40) "You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life and it is they that bear witness to Me.  Yet you refuse to come to Me that you may have life."

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:Fonzie

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

TG,

TG,

TG,

Fonzie has the true belief in the real God - the one that agrees with all he says and does. You can't argue Scripture with him. He's never read the Christian one and he carries his version in his head.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

TG,

TG,

TG,

Ok, here is a Scripture that should be simple enough  for you:  (1 John 2.22-23) "Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ?  This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.  No one who denies the Son has the Father.  He who confesses the Son has the Father also.  Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you.  If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you will abide in the Son and in the Father.  And this is what He has promised us, eternal life." 

And here's one that addresses the focus of all the scriptures:  (John 5.39-40) "You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life and it is they that bear witness to Me.  Yet you refuse to come to Me that you may have life."

Certainly one who denies that Jesus is the Christ is an antichrist.  I'm an anti-christ.  That is given. But  the discussion is about the validity of this scripture. You say that it is valid and therefore rightly calls one who denies that Jesus is the Christ a liar. However, lying is an intentional act wherein one knows the truth and says it is not so for the purpose of deception.  I could call you a liar when you say that jesus is the Christ. I will stick with deluded and your text is mistaken. Just to say it is true is unwarranted. I can say it is false and so what. The question is by what means could it be true or false. I would say that it is false because it is implausible in its belief system, it is a deluded based superstition etc.; I can believe in step on a crack and break your mother's back. Even if my mother's back broke when I stepped on it it is plausibly more likely to be a coincident than causally related. The stuff you quote is meaningless self referring dribble.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

TGBaker wrote:

TG,

TG,

TG,

TG,

Wow, Fonzie, you quoted Scripture. Who taught it to you?

I mean, I'm pretty sure you didn't read it because that would violate the second scripture you quoted. "Dpn't consult the Scriptures - Just come to Jesus (based on whatever version you are told to believe in)".

— George Carlin

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:Just to say it

TGBaker wrote:
Just to say it is true is unwarranted. I can say it is false and so what.

It's hopeless. He'll just say it's true ad nauseam. Give up now, lol.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Ok, here is a

Fonzie wrote:

Ok, so, even if this was an accurate account, of what was said, by people who actually existed.......this makes you correct, and hundreds of millions of people wrong, and liars?

According to you, a whole bunch of other people, and these clowns?

Get fricken' real...

Hey, Fonzie......anything to get a foothold, huh?

Why do you think they named those antics, "Jumping the Shark"...

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you are ready to jump the

If you are ready to jump the shark, take off the leather jacket and sit a spell.  Please to meet you. Hope  you guessed my name. 

But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
(woo woo, who who)

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails

Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint
(who who, who who)

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, have some taste
(woo woo)
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, mmm yeah
(woo woo, woo woo)

There is no Christ because there is no one to anoint him.  The promise of eternal life is a sales pitch used to enslave people to acceptance of misery here for a fake condo in the sky afterlife.  Oh by the way there is no Devil , no Satan or Santa Claus once you grow up. There is no afterlife in scripture or elsewhere.  We shall be only a fond memory in the expansion of a cold and dying universe. 

Close the door, put out the light.

No, they won't be home tonight.

The snow falls hard and don't you know?

The winds of Thor are blowing cold.

They're wearing steel that's bright and true

They carry news that must get through, oooh

They choose the path where no-one goes.

They hold no quarter.

They hold no quarter.

Walking side by side with death

The devil mocks their every step

The snow drives back the foot that's slow

The dogs of doom are howling more

They carry news that must get through

To build a dream for me and you

They choose the path where no-one goes.

They hold no quarter.

They ask no quarter.

They hold no quarter.

They ask no quarter.

The pain, the pain without quarter.

They ask no quarter.

Yeah! Without quarter, quarter, yeah!

They need no quarter.

The dogs of doom are howling more!

I hear the dogs of doom are howling more!

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie, Who is the liar but

Fonzie,

Who is the liar but he who denies that Elvis is the King? This is the anti-Quaalude, he who denies the Shake, Rattle and the Roll. No one who denies the Elvis has the Peanut Butter.  

And...In my continuing effort to bring you away from the geriatric lies of jesus to the rejuvenating truth of Elvis:

πππ†
π†††

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie I've known you since

Fonzie I've known you since before you were born. You are Mephibosheth. The demon that came up with that name was drunk on virgin's blood and misspelled it. So that is why you slither in secret as a child of the serpent you are breathing out sinister threads like Palace Life and What Faith You. You in fighting against us do our work for us hah ha ha

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:JillSwift

Fonzie wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

I don't think you're fooling yourself.

I know you're fooling yourself.

But I don't care.

I do care, however, that you so-called Christians want to make your faith into public policy. Keep your faith to yourselves and you can waste your time praying and reading a 2000 year old piece of very badly written fiction all you like with no interference from me at all.

But try to take away my rights based on your make-believe religious morality and I will stand up for myself. And don't tell me "but, I'm not taking away your rights" because if you stand by and allow other Christians to make war on my right to live by my will, then you are guilty of a sin of omission.

Could I rationally say I "know" anything about you?  Is it logical for you to say you "know" anything about me?

Jillswift, one reason they crucified Jesus was that He wasn't political.

And can I logically blame you for what other atheists do?

They killed Jesus for upsetting the politics because he was politcial..

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
NOAH RIGHT - HOW MANY WRONG

redneF wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Ok, so, even if this was an accurate account, of what was said, by people who actually existed.......this makes you correct, and hundreds of millions of people wrong, and liars?

Get fricken' real...

redneF,

Those who would name these truths "jumping the shark" are just following the world script rather than exercising their understanding.  As far as the percentage of people right versus wrong in the earth the imbalance has happened before with Noah. 

In answer to your query "what makes me right" is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, and the gospel is for real - the good news of God's grace through Christ's substitutionary death - His death instead of ours - so we could be saved (present tense), and thus we have. 

This plan was in place before the world was created.  It was the mystery hidden for ages - the mystery into which angels longed to look.  Now the Salvation of God has been revealed. 

If you reject it you judge yourself unworthy because you have not believed in Christ.  Plus in rejecting you also have a judge - the Words Christ has spoken will judge you in the last day.  

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:redneF wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

redneF wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Get fricken' real...

redneF,

Those who would name these truths "jumping the shark" are just following the world script rather than exercising their understanding.  As far as the percentage of people right versus wrong in the earth the imbalance has happened before with Noah. 

In answer to your query "what makes me right" is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, and the gospel is for real - the good news of God's grace through Christ's substitutionary death - His death instead of ours - so we could be saved (present tense), and thus we have. 

This plan was in place before the world was created.  It was the mystery hidden for ages - the mystery into which angels longed to look.  Now the Salvation of God has been revealed. 

If you reject it you judge yourself unworthy because you have not believed in Christ.  Plus in rejecting you also have a judge - the Words Christ has spoken will judge you in the last day.  

Fonzie I've known you since before you were born. You are Mephibosheth. The demon that came up with that name was drunk on virgin's blood and misspelled it. So that is why you slither in secret as a child of the serpent you are breathing out sinister threads like Palace Life and What Faith You. You in fighting against us do our work for us hah ha ha

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Assertion

Fonzie wrote:

assertion, assertion, fantasy, assertion, bibliobabble, threat. Ooooh. You sound just like my father did in the pulpit, Fonzie. Good one, you.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ATHEISM IN THE PULPIT

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

assertion, assertion, fantasy, assertion, bibliobabble, threat. Ooooh. You sound just like my father did in the pulpit, Fonzie. Good one, you.

Extreemist,

Here's another example of prophecy about Jesus from Isaiah:  "There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of His roots.  And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.  And His delight shall be in the fear of the LORD.  He shall not judge by what His eyes see, or decide by what His ears hear, but with righteousness He shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth: and He shall smite the earth with the rod of His mouth and with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.  Righteousness shall be the girdle of His loins.  The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them..."

God had already brought people together in the lineage of David; a harlot (Rahab), a moabite (Ruth), a child of incest (Perez) - and in the church rightly seen the divisions are broken down as spoken of above.  Of course there are counterfeits as you would expect.

Is dishonoring your father one way atheism makes your life fulfilling?  We are all in the pulpit in a sense - maybe you have a son or daughter looking on (or in your future)?  

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Extreemist,

Here's another example of prophecy about Jesus from Isaiah:  "There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of His roots.  And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.  And His delight shall be in the fear of the LORD.  He shall not judge by what His eyes see, or decide by what His ears hear, but with righteousness He shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth: and He shall smite the earth with the rod of His mouth and with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.  Righteousness shall be the girdle of His loins.  The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them..."

God had already brought people together in the lineage of David; a harlot (Rahab), a moabite (Ruth), a child of incest (Perez) - and in the church rightly seen the divisions are broken down as spoken of above.  Of course there are counterfeits as you would expect.

Is dishonoring your father one way atheism makes your life fulfilling?  We are all in the pulpit in a sense - maybe you have a son or daughter looking on (or in your future)?  

You do know that if you accept Jesus as the son of God, he doesn't fulfill that prophecy?

Jesus had no biological connection to David - I thought you loved and believed this book? Why would you go against it like this?

Is being honest about your father dishonoring him? Oh, wait, I'm talking to you about honesty - never mind.

— George Carlin

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Dad

Fonzie wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Extreemist,

was a man with all the usual faults. One of these was believing the irrational claims of the bible and jamming them down the throats of his kids backed up by a big stick he handled with plenty of skill.

What makes my life fulfilling is believing those things that can be adequately proven to be known using evidence that does not include threats. If god really was mighty he would not need to scare people into accepting the reality of his existence.

Only a man-made god needs to do that.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Extreemist,

A Jewish prophecy for the Messiah. Note that the Jews (their scripture) are still waiting for the fullfilment. It is better for my son to be an atheist so that his morals are not corrupted by ideas about homosexuality being  a sin, stem cell research, sex, gender bias, etc.; FONZIE YOU ARE TALKING POLITICS... that is so hypocritical after refusing to do so with me. Were those posts yours by the way??????

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
HE WHO LOVES DISCIPLINE LOVES KNOWLEDGE

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Extreemist,

was a man with all the usual faults. One of these was believing the irrational claims of the bible and jamming them down the throats of his kids backed up by a big stick he handled with plenty of skill.

What makes my life fulfilling is believing those things that can be adequately proven to be known using evidence that does not include threats. If god really was mighty he would not need to scare people into accepting the reality of his existence.

Extremest,

You didn't die from the rod did you?  What do you think about this proverb:  "He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him." 

I bet your father really did love you and maybe if he had it to do over he would do some things different who knows.  It could have been love lost in the transmission or translation.

But this I bet is true.  If you only knew, the discipline you got from your old dad has probably saved you from a lot of trouble. 

And what is it you like that's completely proven?  It's proven we are going to die - probably less than age 125.  It's proven there's 7.4805 US gallons in a cubic foot.  It's proven that the acceleration of gravity is 32 feet per second per second, area of a circle = pi R squared, all fairly dull stuff, just more and more of it.  You can put it on steroids with computers, robots, etc but still it's unfulfilling and goes nowhere in itself.  It's all vanity under the sun, a cycle of vanity.  

Why spend your life in physics class?  Why not step out into abundant life?  Why not do something wild and crazy like checking out Christ and God and making all these atheists instantly mad at you in a "no deposit no return" way in the process.  Find out if they are true friends or a veneer.    

You're going to have a hard time convincing me that your dad warped your personality - kids are tough.  And one of the greatest dis-services you can do to a kid is not discipline him (I'm not making a judgment on how perfect your dad's discipline was).  The greatest abuse you can do to a kid is not discipline him.  Quickly nobody wants their kids (or should anyway) around them.  When you see the value of discipline you have to love it. 

But, go ahead with your sport and come at me again like I'm your enemy - make the atheists mad with glee.  But think - which teacher do you now appreciate?  The easy or strict ones?  The ones that flattered and told you all that manipulative positive crap? 

When you come to the point in life where you understand some of your problems have been caused by the fact that your parents are imperfect - they then become your responsibility. 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Fonzie,

When you come to the point in geriatric deterioration where you understand all of your dishonest has been caused by the fact that your lithium dosage is excessive - it  becomes your responsibility.

In my continuing effort to remove the cancer of dishonesty from your ovaries:

Fonzie, if you connected the liver spots, you would see that god is dead and that there is no christ for jesus not to be. Those would believe in such lies require immediate lithium detoxification. In my continuing attempts to stave off your worsening senility: As now this thread has exceeded 2,500 + µ3 posts -- approximately the number of years that intellectually deficient humans have believed in a nonexistent jesus, I would invite you to attend to your continuing dishonesty:
Quote:
...you refuse still to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, namely: Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.
Fonzie wrote:
Quote:
Again, a simple question (dodged more times than I can count) : Have you been on this forum before, and did you make the threads "PALACE LIFE", and "What faith you" ?
McFly, my name is not meth.
If you will not respond to the simplest of questions in a forthright manner, it is fruitless for you to continue discussion. Please excise your hemorrhoids of deception. Dishonesty and intellectual cowardice does not work for me. 

πππ†
π†††

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did you write What Faith You

Did you write What Faith You as mephibosheth. Honesty is the best policy. Jesus like that.  I would rather you lie since I am of the devil.

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:In answer to

Fonzie wrote:

In answer to your query "what makes me right" is....  

And you rip right into another full chorus of sermon...

Fuck are you minions, brainless drones. Is that why you're always bent over on your knees? Waiting for someone to wind you up again?

I'm sure there's going to come a time that we figure out a deceptive way of making young drones like you sterile, before you reach puberty, in order to eliminate you from the gene pool, till the last one of you dies, and put an end to this embarrassing chapter in the evolution of the human species...

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Extreemist,

Extremest,

You didn't die from the rod did you?  What do you think about this proverb:  "He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him." 

I bet your father really did love you and maybe if he had it to do over he would do some things different who knows.  It could have been love lost in the transmission or translation.

But this I bet is true.  If you only knew, the discipline you got from your old dad has probably saved you from a lot of trouble. 

And what is it you like that's completely proven?  It's proven we are going to die - probably less than age 125.  It's proven there's 7.4805 US gallons in a cubic foot.  It's proven that the acceleration of gravity is 32 feet per second per second, area of a circle = pi R squared, all fairly dull stuff, just more and more of it.  You can put it on steroids with computers, robots, etc but still it's unfulfilling and goes nowhere in itself.  It's all vanity under the sun, a cycle of vanity.  

Why spend your life in physics class?  Why not step out into abundant life?  Why not do something wild and crazy like checking out Christ and God and making all these atheists instantly mad at you in a "no deposit no return" way in the process.  Find out if they are true friends or a veneer.    

You're going to have a hard time convincing me that your dad warped your personality - kids are tough.  And one of the greatest dis-services you can do to a kid is not discipline him (I'm not making a judgment on how perfect your dad's discipline was).  The greatest abuse you can do to a kid is not discipline him.  Quickly nobody wants their kids (or should anyway) around them.  When you see the value of discipline you have to love it. 

But, go ahead with your sport and come at me again like I'm your enemy - make the atheists mad with glee.  But think - which teacher do you now appreciate?  The easy or strict ones?  The ones that flattered and told you all that manipulative positive crap? 

When you come to the point in life where you understand some of your problems have been caused by the fact that your parents are imperfect - they then become your responsibility. 

No, he didn't die from the rod. That disappoints the hell out of you doesn't it?

I'll make another bet with you Fonzie - the discipline that AE's dad practiced on him had nothing to do with the Bible or you wouldn't be able to converse with him except via seance.

AE seems like one of those people who prefers to know and understand what he gets into before he gets into them. You're different - you seem to abhor thought and knowledge in favor of following a guess about a deity based on a threat.

You like to talk about your "abundant life" in Christ - Jesus fills your life so full you have to supplement it with lithium to make it through the day?

I don't think AE was trying to convince you of anything - he was just stating facts. Indeed, I don't believe you could ever be convinced out of any of your notions (particularly the ones involving the magic superbeing who agrees with everything you say and do).

I really do wish you'd quit wanting me and others here to be your enemy. Frankly, you're just not worth that much time and energy.

I actually like this quote - "When you come to the point in life where you understand some of your problems have been caused by the fact that your parents are imperfect - they then become your responsibility. "

I would have to add this... unless you become a Christian. Then you don't have any responsibility for your past problems or your present actions. You can blame them all on the devil and ask God for forgiveness - you can do that each time you want to do something bad. Isn't God wonderful?

— George Carlin

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
What I do with myself, is

What I do with myself, is not anyone's business.

Christians can't cope with that, for some odd reason...

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
SEARCHING FOR YOU

zarathustra wrote:

Fonzie,

Who is the liar but he who denies that Elvis is the King? This is the anti-Quaalude, he who denies the Shake, Rattle and the Roll. No one who denies the Elvis has the Peanut Butter.  

And...In my continuing effort to bring you away from the geriatric lies of jesus to the rejuvenating truth of Elvis:

zara,

Do you like that song, "Cold Kentucky Rain"?  I think that's my favorite Elvis song. 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
For the severalth + 1 time...

The Lithium-Poisoned Mind of Fonzie wrote:
  Do you like that song, "Cold Kentucky Rain"? I think that's my favorite Elvis song.

you refuse still to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, namely: Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

Fonzie wrote:
Quote:
Again, a simple question (dodged more times than I can count) : Have you been on this forum before, and did you make the threads "PALACE LIFE", and "What faith you" ?

If you will not respond to the simplest of questions in a forthright manner, it is fruitless for you to continue discussion.  Dishonesty and intellectual cowardice does not work for me. 

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
YOU AINT NOTHING BUT A HOUND DOG

zarathustra wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
  Do you like that song, "Cold Kentucky Rain"? I think that's my favorite Elvis song.

you refuse still to answer simple 'a' or 'b' questions, namely: Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

Fonzie wrote:
Quote:

If you will not respond to the simplest of questions in a forthright manner, it is fruitless for you to continue discussion.  

Dishonesty and intellectual cowardice does not work for me. 

Zara,

Do you like that one? 

What could be a simpler test of your intellectual cowardice than asking if you like a song?  Especially one sung by your god?