It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Nah, lying to atheists,

Nah, lying to atheists, agnostics and the unchurched is a virtue for these guys. They call it "witnessing" or "evangelizing" or "spreading the good news of God's love".

I will give him credit - he took half my challenge. He answered me (just not honestly). It was more than I expected.

I wish I could put words in his mouth. I might have a chance of getting the truth out of him.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:  Do you have

Fonzie wrote:

Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but yes Fonzie I do:

The Hedonistic Imperative

The technology is not quite there yet to obsolete religion as an opiate for the masses. In the meantime, one should develop a personal relationship with reality in order to derive a much pleasure as possible. Religion can no longer work for me because I know it's a placebo, plus it's pretty boring.

One should be an unabashed hedonist. You are a christian because you believe this gives you more pleasure than not. Your still a hedonist but in denial. The only thing I can say is what if you're wrong? You'll never know because your religion doesn't allow you to experiment with other forms of pleasing yourself, doesn't allow you to quit when you get bored with it.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
PERCEIVE THE END

EXC wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

The technology is not quite there yet to obsolete religion as an opiate for the masses. In the meantime, one should develop a personal relationship with reality in order to derive a much pleasure as possible. Religion can no longer work for me because I know it's a placebo, plus it's pretty boring.

One should be an unabashed hedonist. You are a christian because you believe this gives you more pleasure than not. Your still a hedonist but in denial. The only thing I can say is what if you're wrong? You'll never know because your religion doesn't allow you to experiment with other forms of pleasing yourself, doesn't allow you to quit when you get bored with it.

EXC,

I guess if you don't want to dine at wisdom's table and spiritual things are not a pleasure to you, then you might well end up at folly's place, where stolen water is sweet and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.  I think a lot of people do what you're mentioning here - living life on the level of a rabbit - without acknowledging their intent consciously.  It's sport for them to do wrong, they define it as freedom, and maybe things appear to go well for a while....  but then one perceives their end, before the presence of God.  Their feet are put in slippery places, the dead are there, her guests are in the depths of Sheol.  Their way won't be established in any eternal way. They have given up their birthright for a bowl of soup.

That probably doesn't do any more than irritate a partying hedonist in the present moment, but in the end he/she will see what they've missed - hopefully long before, so they can repent, believe in Jesus, and truly live.  Character would cause one to think IMO. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:EXC

Fonzie wrote:

EXC wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC,

I guess if you don't want to dine at wisdom's table and spiritual things are not a pleasure to you, then you might well end up at folly's place, where stolen water is sweet and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.  I think a lot of people do what you're mentioning here - living life on the level of a rabbit - without acknowledging their intent consciously.  It's sport for them to do wrong, they define it as freedom, and maybe things appear to go well for a while....  but then one perceives their end, before the presence of God.  Their feet are put in slippery places, the dead are there, her guests are in the depths of Sheol.  Their way won't be established in any eternal way. They have given up their birthright for a bowl of soup.

That probably doesn't do any more than irritate a partying hedonist in the present moment, but in the end he/she will see what they've missed - hopefully long before, so they can repent, believe in Jesus, and truly live.  Character would cause one to think IMO. 

Fonzie,

Why does it all come down to fear?

Is this just a way to make you feel better about yourself or do you honestly believe that you can scare people into God's loving arms?

As usual, I can tell you haven't looked at his link. If you had, you'd know that it has nothing to do with being a "partying hedonist".

Then again, I think you fear knowledge and understanding more than we fear your threats.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:I guess if you

Fonzie wrote:

I guess if you don't want to dine at wisdom's table and spiritual things are not a pleasure to you, then you might well end up at folly's place, where stolen water is sweet and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.

So are you admitting you're a hedonist then, you just get pleasure from 'spiritual' things? And fantasizing about some the hedonist paradise that is heaven? You're just playing it for the long run.

Fonzie wrote:

I think a lot of people do what you're mentioning here - living life on the level of a rabbit - without acknowledging their intent consciously.  It's sport for them to do wrong, they define it as freedom, and maybe things appear to go well for a while....  but then one perceives their end, before the presence of God.  Their feet are put in slippery places, the dead are there, her guests are in the depths of Sheol.  Their way won't be established in any eternal way. They have given up their birthright for a bowl of soup.

Or the bible is all just one big Bullshit story than causes you to miss out on really living.

The way I look at it is that your heaven can't possible exist. In order to have complete bliss, there can not be any annoying, unthinking, dishonest Christians around. And hell just couldn't be complete torture without you there with us. So there, I've disproven your heaven and hell.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

αθεος
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie, thank you for

Fonzie, thank you for proving me right. /out.

William N Clarke (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
I'm an idiot.

I'm an idiot.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
GADFLY'S FEARLESS FOLLY

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC,

Fonzie,

Is this just a way to make you feel better about yourself or do you honestly believe that you can scare people into God's loving arms?

As usual, I can tell you haven't looked at his link. If you had, you'd know that it has nothing to do with being a "partying hedonist".

Then again, I think you fear knowledge and understanding more than we fear your threats.

JcGadfly,

It doesn't all come down to fear, but fear will do in the beginning.  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom and would get you well off on a good start - but after the thing that's between us and God is taken away by God's grace through Jesus' atoning death He draws us near, writes His Law on our hearts, puts His Spirit in us - perfect love casts out fear.  You said you never found peace in Christ.  I don't know what the problem was, but it was your problem, not God's. 

The death of God's Own Son on the cross for your sins clears the deck on who has the problem and Who has the solution.  It also guarantees all the promises offered under the cross to those who believe and obey.  The fact that God is a God Who forgives makes Him a God to be feared.  Righteous fear under Christ lifted up is a good thing - the best.  You would do well to violently confront yourself on this and be saved.

Sin has permeated all creation below such that nothing has gone untouched.  You will possibly figure out a way again to make something bad out - even about the grace of God just as you have here about repentant fear.  You take the offer of grace and make it out to be a threat, yet defend the hedonist approach in which men fast lane into a trap and are caught fast until an arrow pierces its entrails. 

An apostle made good material for the devil's betrayer.  A faithless Christian who gives way and shipwrecks his faith makes good material here for blasphemy against God's grace and mercy offered through Jesus Christ.  You are beating on the anvil with a cow chip hammer - a fresh one.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:  You take the

Fonzie wrote:

You take the offer of grace and make it out to be a threat, yet defend the hedonist approach in which men fast lane into a trap and are caught fast until an arrow pierces its entrails. 

You told us your a Christian because it "works for you". You're also taking Pascal's wager because you've got a long term view and going for pleasure instead of pain in case their is a next life. You're a hedonist! You just have other pleasures than sex, drugs and rock n roll. Why can't you just admit it?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:jcgadfly

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC,

Fonzie,

JcGadfly,

It doesn't all come down to fear, but fear will do in the beginning.  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom and would get you well off on a good start - but after the thing that's between us and God is taken away by God's grace through Jesus' atoning death He draws us near, writes His Law on our hearts, puts His Spirit in us - perfect love casts out fear.  You said you never found peace in Christ.  I don't know what the problem was, but it was your problem, not God's. 

The death of God's Own Son on the cross for your sins clears the deck on who has the problem and Who has the solution.  It also guarantees all the promises offered under the cross to those who believe and obey.  The fact that God is a God Who forgives makes Him a God to be feared.  Righteous fear under Christ lifted up is a good thing - the best.  You would do well to violently confront yourself on this and be saved.

Sin has permeated all creation below such that nothing has gone untouched.  You will possibly figure out a way again to make something bad out - even about the grace of God just as you have here about repentant fear.  You take the offer of grace and make it out to be a threat, yet defend the hedonist approach in which men fast lane into a trap and are caught fast until an arrow pierces its entrails. 

An apostle made good material for the devil's betrayer.  A faithless Christian who gives way and shipwrecks his faith makes good material here for blasphemy against God's grace and mercy offered through Jesus Christ.  You are beating on the anvil with a cow chip hammer - a fresh one.

And your anvil is chipping away - what does that tell you?

How can you be frightened of someone you believe loves you? You don't have the fear of respect (as is meant by the "fear of the Lord&quotEye-wink. You have abject terror. Just like MoL/Clarke.

And you fear him so much you need to protect him. You can't deal with the possibility that the peace I finally got came from the death merchant deity you worship.

I didn't defend the hedonistic approach. All I did was state that you didn't read what was linked to. More fear - this time of reading.

An apostle did indeed make a good betrayer. In fact, he was indispensable to God's plan. God needed the betrayer to make his plan work. Why does your allegedly good God depend so heavily on doing evil?

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
REST IN PEACE - HARRY AND GADFLY

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC,

Fonzie,

JcGadfly,

How can you be frightened of someone you believe loves you? You don't have the fear of respect (as is meant by the "fear of the Lord&quotEye-wink. You have abject terror. Just like MoL/Clarke.

And you fear him so much you need to protect him. You can't deal with the possibility that the peace I finally got came from the death merchant deity you worship.

I didn't defend the hedonistic approach. All I did was state that you didn't read what was linked to. More fear - this time of reading.

An apostle did indeed make a good betrayer. In fact, he was indispensable to God's plan. God needed the betrayer to make his plan work. Why does your allegedly good God depend so heavily on doing evil?

JcGadfly,

You have surely taken positive pretending to new heights thinking the Anvil of the Word of God is being chipped away by your turd-hammer of unbelief.  Taste the chips, Gadfly.

After that glittering jewel of Guinness proportions you proceed to define and describe my fears from your imaginary lofty perch.  I guess you just go for the "BIG LIE" with the theory that if it's so outlandish its shock value if not its repetition alone will carry it. 

Oh, I think you are at peace all right - with your turd - hammer, lack of confidence and workshop of general ignorance of the Word of God, yes.  And Harry Truman was at peace on the mountain as well. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC,

Fonzie,

JcGadfly,

JcGadfly,

You have surely taken positive pretending to new heights thinking the Anvil of the Word of God is being chipped away by your turd-hammer of unbelief.  Taste the chips, Gadfly.

After that glittering jewel of Guinness proportions you proceed to define and describe my fears from your imaginary lofty perch.  I guess you just go for the "BIG LIE" with the theory that if it's so outlandish its shock value if not its repetition alone will carry it. 

Oh, I think you are at peace all right - with your turd - hammer, lack of confidence and workshop of general ignorance of the Word of God, yes.  And Harry Truman was at peace on the mountain as well. 

Are you seriously saying that your arguments are equal to the Word of God?

As for your fear, you describe that well enough without my help. The false bravado you're playing now is just another example.

I find your last sentence especially funny. You accuse me of a lack of confidence because I have been calmly handling your arguments while you blow up and insult me in response. You claim that I don't know the word of God yet I've used it to counter your arguments at almost every turn.

You forget that this entire thread stands in opposition to the statements you've made here.

— George Carlin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
IT DOES WORK / IT HAS WORKED/ IT WILL ALWAYS WORK

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

EXC,

Fonzie,

JcGadfly,

JcGadfly,

Are you seriously saying that your arguments are equal to the Word of God?

As for your fear, you describe that well enough without my help. The false bravado you're playing now is just another example.

I find your last sentence especially funny. You accuse me of a lack of confidence because I have been calmly handling your arguments while you blow up and insult me in response. You claim that I don't know the word of God yet I've used it to counter your arguments at almost every turn.

You forget that this entire thread stands in opposition to the statements you've made here.

JcGadfly,

Are you seriously trying to excel at keeping yourself confused?  You are the one who discounts God to justify yourself.  I'm just an observer. You are the one rejecting the Word of God from its Alpha to Omega.  I just bring up the fact of that and you work to muddy the fact.  

Your posts do show a total lack of confidence - in God and the Word of God.  Where you have tried to glance in to the Word of God you make the mistake of thinking think have understood the application of the gospel without accepting the gospel itself.  You then try to apply what you don't understand and it's a dysfunctional pursuit and not discussable.  It doesn't even start with "this is a football" yet you pretend you're Vince Lombardi.  You think you know the mind and heart of Paul without even accepting the LORD of Paul.  You err in vision and stumble in judgment.  You scoff but won't hear.  Your agreement with Sheol won't stand. 

And you lack substance.  You have yet to say what your life is about - with respect to where you came from and where you're going, yet you strut as if you have said something worth thinking about.  I can't be your enemy by acting as if you have.  You put on a bold face and act like you've walked in the recesses of the deep. 

And as for this entire thread I have laid out my hope and trust in the LORD.  By the eye of faith I know where I've come from and see beyond the horizon of death to where I'm going to.  I'm in Christ and have all the benefits of His Victory and Resurrection.  I have fellowship with Him and death won't separate me from Him.  This is the Cliff Notes version - and I've ask for the atheist counterpart to abundant Life in Christ..........................

..................................It has never appeared.  There have been some good explanations of the vacuum of substance and when I acknowledged that was a "pretty honest description" of the void of the atheist - that was miss-characterized as my appreciation and acceptance of the refuge of lies that is the false shelter of the atheist.  So it is to restrain the wind - no surprise.  But the true summary of the thread is unlike those who shipwreck faith then say it doesn't work (you), and unlike atheists who don't believe Christ is the Son of God (like you) then say it doesn't work (you) - it does work, it Works for Me, it is working, and Jesus and God will ALWAYS work and be working. 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:And you lack

Fonzie wrote:
And you lack substance.  You have yet to say what your life is about

No, you're lying again. He already told you. Several times. The last time was in #1849, not that you care. Actually, you've spent so much time trying to ridicule our answers that I'm surprised you have the gall to claim you never read them.

Truly, your shamelessness knows no bounds.

Fonzie wrote:
and I've ask for the atheist counterpart to abundant Life in Christ..........................

..................................It has never appeared.

Okay, this lie isn't so much shameless as just plain weird. Sweetie, look in the post you just quoted !

If you really must lie about something "never appearing", you might want to think about not quoting it !!

Seriously, even for you, this is a bit much.

Fonzie wrote:
There have been some good explanations of the vacuum of substance and when I acknowledged that was a "pretty honest description" of the void of the atheist - that was miss-characterized as my appreciation and acceptance of the refuge of lies that is the false shelter of the atheist.

You would like to re-write all your replies ? You've noticed all the contradictions, I suppose. About time.

You never "acknowledged" anything was "a pretty honest description of the void of the atheist". That never happened. What you did was ask your questions, and when the answers were given, you replied "I appreciate your honest answer", "I appreciate you explaining this", "I enjoy trying to understand it, and I think I do to some degree", etc..

You really think you can backpedal on all your numerous positive replies to our posts, simply by claiming you were talking about something else ????

Then you've given us a pretty clear demonstration of exactly how dishonest you are.

Again.

Fonzie wrote:
But the true summary of the thread is unlike those who shipwreck faith then say it doesn't work (you), and unlike atheists who don't believe Christ is the Son of God (like you) then say it doesn't work (you) - it does work, it Works for Me, it is working, and Jesus and God will ALWAYS work and be working. 

If you want a summary of this thread, you need to read it first. You seem curiously unwilling to do that.

So the only unanswered question remains : If it really "works for you", then why do you need to lie ?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
# 1849 Q & A

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
And you lack substance.  You have yet to say what your life is about

No, you're lying again. He already told you. Several times. The last time was in #1849, not that you care. Actually, you've spent so much time trying to ridicule our answers that I'm surprised you have the gall to claim you never read them.

Truly, your shamelessness knows no bounds.

Fonzie wrote:
and I've ask for the atheist counterpart to abundant Life in Christ..........................

..................................It has never appeared.

Okay, this lie isn't so much shameless as just plain weird. Sweetie, look in the post you just quoted !

If you really must lie about something "never appearing", you might want to think about not quoting it !!

Seriously, even for you, this is a bit much.

Fonzie wrote:
There have been some good explanations of the vacuum of substance and when I acknowledged that was a "pretty honest description" of the void of the atheist - that was miss-characterized as my appreciation and acceptance of the refuge of lies that is the false shelter of the atheist.

You would like to re-write all your replies ? You've noticed all the contradictions, I suppose. About time.

You never "acknowledged" anything was "a pretty honest description of the void of the atheist". That never happened. What you did was ask your questions, and when the answers were given, you replied "I appreciate your honest answer", "I appreciate you explaining this", "I enjoy trying to understand it, and I think I do to some degree", etc..

You really think you can backpedal on all your numerous positive replies to our posts, simply by claiming you were talking about something else ????

Then you've given us a pretty clear demonstration of exactly how dishonest you are.

Again.

Fonzie wrote:
But the true summary of the thread is unlike those who shipwreck faith then say it doesn't work (you), and unlike atheists who don't believe Christ is the Son of God (like you) then say it doesn't work (you) - it does work, it Works for Me, it is working, and Jesus and God will ALWAYS work and be working. 

If you want a summary of this thread, you need to read it first. You seem curiously unwilling to do that.

So the only unanswered question remains : If it really "works for you", then why do you need to lie ?

JCGADFLY FROM #1849

I will once again answer your questions as they are asked.

What is the meaning of life?  The meaning of life is what you put into it.

What is the meaning of death?  Death is the end of life. I bring no other meaning to it and so I have no fear of it.

What is worth putting all your heart, soul, mind and strength into in life? Helping other people, making sure that my friends and family have a better chance at improving themselves than I have had.

Ok, your turn.

You say that Christ is the meaning of your life. Is this decision to borrow a meaning rather than create your own based on comfort, fear or laziness?

You say that through Christ death is the passage to a glorious afterlife. I'm glad that brings you contentment. Does that contentment come from a lack of ability to find it in yourself or a lack of desire to do so?

You say that serving Christ is worth putting all your heart, soul, mind and strength into. Is that because of a love for him or because you want to rack up points to make sure you get to heaven? Could it even be that you want to pad your resume so that you can claim to be better than your fellow believers? What makes serving an all powerful being better than helping the people around you?

I won't waste time with the a/b question. You believe your belief is the truth - again, is that due to comfort, fear or laziness?

Anonymouse,

So, this is the answer you spoke of? 

"the meaning of life is what you put into it"        - I disagree.  You may think what you put into life is the meaning of life but that is just your thinking.  If it is wrong, it's wrong.  If the true meaning of life is not to be found in you then you won't be able to apply what's not there. 

"Death is the end of life.  I bring no other meaning to it and so I have no fear of it."         Again if you are ignorant about what really happens at death as revealed through faith in Scripture then the lack of fear is based on a lie.  It would be easy for example to not fear radiation out of ignorance and not prepare for it - but that wouldn't change the reality.

The Scriptures say it is not in man to direct his steps.  So in answer to his first question - neither of his answers, rather it is wisdom to yield to God's meaning.

Q 2)  ".....does that contentment come from a lack of ability to find it within myself or a lack of desire? 

Real contentment is not to be found within oneself - only false contentment.  Again it doesn't depend on desire or ability but wisdom to accept what God has revealed, starting with the fear of the LORD. 

The motive for serving the LORD is love.  He has won the hearts of His Own by His Life then His Death for His Own.  You ask the question about racking up points because you don't understand the relationship is real and deep rather than based on payback.  We could never pay Jesus back for what he has done and is doing.

I don't have a competitive desire with my brothers and sisters.  Jesus taught that the way to be great is to be the servant of all - he redefined greatness - and He lived totally in the direction of His Words.

What makes serving God better than helping people around you?  First, I don't accept the premise that you are really helping people when you don't have faith in God.  You think you are helping people around you when you are promoting the lie that Jesus is not LORD and Savior?  Your assessment of "help" is your assessment.  In the end helping to uphold a lie won't be viewed as a help to anybody. 

I believe Jesus is the truth, yes.  And there is comfort and rest in finding the Real Treasure, yes, but it hasn't had the effect of laziness on me.  Loving the LORD hasn't made me a lover of sleep. 

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
An imaginary lofty perch

Fonzie wrote:

If you don't want to dine at wisdom's table and spiritual things are not a pleasure to you, then you might well end up at folly's place, where stolen water is sweet and bread eaten in secret is pleasant. 

Their feet are put in slippery places, the dead are there, her guests are in the depths of Sheol.  Their way won't be established in any eternal way. They have given up their birthright for a bowl of soup.

After that glittering jewel of Guinness proportions you proceed to define and describe my fears from your imaginary lofty perch. 

Who is Fonzie? Can he be a real person? Who thinks like this? I think he's a fake.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually, I think, just

Actually, I think, just considering how long Fonzie has been doing this, he has to be a legitimate theist. No Poe would be entertained for years (literally) by the same thread.

*ignores troll*

Oh yeah, Anonymouse, I believe I left in the middle of some thread about homosexuality a while ago. I don't completely recall how the discussion went, but I think you and Thomathy were kicking my ***. I admit I made some unjustified claims about the environmental impact on sexual preferences.

I didn't run away from the thread though...I think. I haven't posted on RRS for a bit; I'm kind of busy.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:So, this is the

Fonzie wrote:
So, this is the answer you spoke of?

One of many, yes. See, the reason we keep having to repeat it, is because you keep claiming it never happened, no matter how many times we, or anyone else posts it.

It's all quite bizzare really.

Fonzie wrote:
"the meaning of life is what you put into it"        - I disagree.

Okay, now pay verrrrry close attention, sweetheart : "I disagree" is NOT, I repeat, NOT the same as "You have yet to answer me".

If you claim you never reveived an answer to your question, when in fact you have, several times, then you are in fact, lying.

And lying is bad, mmkay ?

So could you prettty please stop doing it ? 

As for the rest of it, "fear of death", ect...We've been over that as well. You don't remember ? That's because you couldn't care less what we say. So why are you here ?

Fonzie wrote:
First, I don't accept the premise that you are really helping people when you don't have faith in God.  You think you are helping people around you when you are promoting the lie that Jesus is not LORD and Savior?  Your assessment of "help" is your assessment.  In the end helping to uphold a lie won't be viewed as a help to anybody.

Right, so if I save someone's life, I'm "promoting the lie that jesus is not lord and savior". Could you please think before you post ? Please ?

Fonzie wrote:
I believe Jesus is the truth, yes.

Then why did you lie ? There were two fresh lies in that post I replied to, and you haven't even explained the first one yet, and I haven't gotten a chance to even mention the rest of them.

Why do you lie so easily ? I simply don't understand, which is why I'm asking.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Oh yeah,

butterbattle wrote:

Oh yeah, Anonymouse, I believe I left in the middle of some thread about homosexuality a while ago. I don't completely recall how the discussion went, but I think you and Thomathy were kicking my ***. I admit I made some unjustified claims about the environmental impact on sexual preferences.

You are now my favorite online person ever. Seriously, I never met someone before who can openly admit they might not be right. *hugs*

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Who

Atheistextremist wrote:

Who is Fonzie? Can he be a real person? Who thinks like this? I think he's a fake.

It's mostly the bi-polar talking. He's got it pretty bad, if his medication is anything to go by. My mom's got a similar condition. It can get so bad that you frankly don't care if fixating on religion calms them down a little.

That being said, this psychiatric therapy session has been going on for over three years, so if the mods want to shut it down again, I won't stop them.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

You are now my favorite online person ever. Seriously, I never met someone before who can openly admit they might not be right. *hugs*

Anonymouse,

Maybe you should get out more.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

Well, I did need to get out of this thread to find someone mature enough to admit their mistakes, that's certainly true.

And after trying to talk to you for so long, meeting anyone halfway honest was bound to make me a bit emotional.

(Were you feeling a bit left out ? Okay, you can get a hug too  )

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
PASSION SIDE EFFECTS

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

Well, I did need to get out of this thread to find someone mature enough to admit their mistakes, that's certainly true.

And after trying to talk to you for so long, meeting anyone halfway honest was bound to make me a bit emotional.

Anonymouse,

Maybe you should break away for some tranquility - too much of that passion could rot your bones.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

Maybe you should break away for some tranquility - too much of that passion could rot your bones.

If you want me to leave your thread, all you have to do is answer my question.

Why did you lie ?

(And there will be a few follow-up questions, of course. I'd really like to know why you feel you the need to be deceitful)

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Anonymouse

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

Anonymouse,

We certainly don't want Anony's bones in the same condition as your integrity

— George Carlin

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
You can't trust the fonz not

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Anonymouse,

Anonymouse,

to be sticking the knife in here. What an unpleasant creature.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
William N Clarke wrote: I'm

William N Clarke wrote:

I'm an idiot.

Right you areEye-wink

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
 A definition of insanity:

A definition of insanity: to repeat a process over and over and keep expecting a different result.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
GLITTERING JEWELS

robj101 wrote:

A definition of insanity: to repeat a process over and over and keep expecting a different result.

robj101,

When Jesus was walking on earth men in the spirit of unbelief defined Him as "having a demon".  The victory He, the KING OF KINGS accomplished in willingly dying for His Kingdom, destroying Death, since Death had nothing on Him (He had kept the Law of God perfectly), had never been done before since the race we are part of had been created at least.  The fellowship of unbelief is not where I would go for a definition of insanity, but rather a series of examples of said insanity.  By that I mean over and over the fellowship of unbelief show they hold nothing to inspire, no destiny in sight, no history of victory - yet hold they do to unbelief.  That's insanity. 

It's not too much a stretch to think that this world is just a speck in the creation of God.  There may be millions of other redeemed from other worlds watching the LORD work in us, a cloud of witnesses.  In that day Satan and those he has deceived will realize they have been a part of the "big insane shaft" and will realize what they have been tricked and fallen for.  To bring that to "what's happening now" - unbelief represents insanity.  The least in the Kingdom of God (which may be me) will look sane to you then.  If you want to see how thin the veneer of loyalty is with your brotherhood of unbelievers - just start down the road of serious consideration of Jesus openly.  Then you will stir up the insanity that is already there. 

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol

lol

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:When Jesus was

Fonzie wrote:

When Jesus was walking on earth men in the spirit of unbelief defined Him as "having a demon".  The victory He, the KING OF KINGS accomplished in willingly dying for His Kingdom, destroying Death, since Death had nothing on Him (He had kept the Law of God perfectly), had never been done before since the race we are part of had been created at least.  The fellowship of unbelief is not where I would go for a definition of insanity, but rather a series of examples of said insanity.  By that I mean over and over the fellowship of unbelief show they hold nothing to inspire, no destiny in sight, no history of victory - yet hold they do to unbelief.  That's insanity. 

It's not too much a stretch to think that this world is just a speck in the creation of God.  There may be millions of other redeemed from other worlds watching the LORD work in us, a cloud of witnesses.  In that day Satan and those he has deceived will realize they have been a part of the "big insane shaft" and will realize what they have been tricked and fallen for.  To bring that to "what's happening now" - unbelief represents insanity.  The least in the Kingdom of God (which may be me) will look sane to you then.  If you want to see how thin the veneer of loyalty is with your brotherhood of unbelievers - just start down the road of serious consideration of Jesus openly.  Then you will stir up the insanity that is already there. 

You just lied again. "Nothing" this, "no" that, ect... You asked your questions and you got your answers.

Once again : Not liking the answers you were given, is not the same as not receiving any answers at all.

If you really don't understand that, then say so.

In the meantime, please stop lying, or at least explain why you can't seem to stop yourself from doing so.

Why did you lie ?

It's always going to come back to that, so you might as well tell us.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
As I have explained before a

As I have explained before a "real" christian MUST NOT have the ability to even understand let alone admit that anyone could have researched and found the truth that jesus is a myth. If they CAN do this then they have taken the first step towards dropping this myth. It is so bad that even an admission that they can't imagine this is a fail in their religion. We have religious people who insist that we simply "deny" a god. They can't fathom the concept that there is no god to deny, only the myth it is just unpossible for them to do this and remain "true" to this whole concept.

So Fonzie here is doing his job as a "true" christian. I would applaud his misplaced enthusiasim but it would be akin to applauding the handicapped for being..handicapped.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE ETERNAL HANDICAP = UNBELIEF

robj101 wrote:

As I have explained before a "real" christian MUST NOT have the ability to even understand let alone admit that anyone could have researched and found the truth that jesus is a myth. If they CAN do this then they have taken the first step towards dropping this myth. It is so bad that even an admission that they can't imagine this is a fail in their religion. We have religious people who insist that we simply "deny" a god. They can't fathom the concept that there is no god to deny, only the myth it is just unpossible for them to do this and remain "true" to this whole concept.

So Fonzie here is doing his job as a "true" christian. I would applaud his misplaced enthusiasim but it would be akin to applauding the handicapped for being..handicapped.

robj101,

You are trying to "explain" something foreign to you while it remains foreign to you.  The idea that Jesus is a myth is not a threat at all to me, it's the farthest thing actually.  And your idea there is no God to deny is only laughable not threatening. 

I'm trying to think of what would be a threat to me.  What I've come up with is the "look" Jesus gave Peter when Peter denied he was one of Christ's disciples, to disappoint Him (the Christ Who died for me) would be a threat to my peace of heart and mind.  But Jesus then showed Peter how His mercy continued, restoring Peter yet gently disciplining him with words for what he had done.  Peter grieved then was restored and courageous after that.  Disappointing Christ a threat, yes, but my own existence would be more in question to me than His - (as Atheistextremist queried in 2068)

Unlike your congregation of unbelief I don't want any of your applause - and know this:  many handicaps will expire but your unbelief is an eternal handicap unless you repent and believe in Christ.  That's actually stated as a command by God and God doesn't ask something that's not possible, plus Jesus is for real, and living in the Christian now.  I am getting to live in fellowship with Christ now every moment and it will only get better even through death.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:You are trying

Fonzie wrote:

You are trying to "explain" something foreign to you while it remains foreign to you.  The idea that Jesus is a myth is not a threat at all to me, it's the farthest thing actually.  And your idea there is no God to deny is only laughable not threatening. 

I'm trying to think of what would be a threat to me.  What I've come up with is the "look" Jesus gave Peter when Peter denied he was one of Christ's disciples, to disappoint Him (the Christ Who died for me) would be a threat to my peace of heart and mind.  But Jesus then showed Peter how His mercy continued, restoring Peter yet gently disciplining him with words for what he had done.  Peter grieved then was restored and courageous after that.  Disappointing Christ a threat, yes, but my own existence would be more in question to me than His - (as Atheistextremist queried in 2068)

Unlike your congregation of unbelief I don't want any of your applause - and know this:  many handicaps will expire but your unbelief is an eternal handicap unless you repent and believe in Christ.  That's actually stated as a command by God and God doesn't ask something that's not possible, plus Jesus is for real, and living in the Christian now.  I am getting to live in fellowship with Christ now every moment and it will only get better even through death.

Actually, I thought he was adressing me, or anyone but you, but sure, fair enough.

So....where you trying to put some posts between you and your latest batch of painfully obvious lies ? Bit of a waste of time, dontcha think ?

I already told you, it's always going to come back to that, for a very simple reason : Honesty is a basic requirement when you enter into these kinds of discussions. Asking people questions, receiving answers, and then claiming it never happened.....well, have you even heard of common courtesy ?

It appears you haven't.

So what's the use of allowing you to go on with this argumentum ad nauseam, you proof by assertion ? You want to wait for a new forum member to jump in here, so you can start all this again ?

"All I've seen on this forum is an attacking of reason and purpose !" , "You never gave an answer", etc... Oh sure, unless you actually read the thread, read people's replies (in some cases, two or three posts away from you claiming it never happened !!), and read your own contradicting posts ("thank you for your reasonable answer" )

So I guess all that's left to ask you is, why do you do this ? Why do you lie ?

If you can't answer that simple question, there's no reason for you to be on any discussion forum, and you might as well leave and start a blog.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie, I will get to this -

Fonzie,

I will get to this - believe me.

I just came back from a great closing night performance and I'm too tired to be civil to you.

— George Carlin

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Fonzie,I will

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie,

I just came back from a great closing night performance and I'm too tired to be civil to you.

Congrats.

What play did you do ?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:jcgadfly

Anonymouse wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie,

Congrats.

What play did you do ?

Adaptation of Julius Caesar (placed in the corporate world) - I was Caesar

— George Carlin

sbowman1983
atheist
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:Fonzie

nikimoto wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

Can't get enough? Perhaps you'd be interested in this, from Adrian Barnett...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fed up with seeing and hearing the secular world around you? Distracted by attractive young people in temptingly tight clothes? Despairing at the sinful nature of co-workers? Horrified at the anti-christian teaching of evolution and critical thinking?

Worry no more! The Bible Harness is now available.

This high quality harness has been hand-crafted from soft yet strong leather (also available in simulated-leather for vegetarians), and is easily adjustable to accommodate a wide range of Bible weights and sizes, as well as head sizes. Suitable for holding all interpretations and rewrites of the infallible ancient scriptures, from the New King James version to the Book Of Mormon.

This elegant and unobtrusive construction of straps and heavy buckles allows you to tightly clamp your Bible over your face, completely obscuring the outside world and filling your entire field of view with your favourite passages from the Good Book. The optional earplugs enable you to also eradicate the worldly sounds that would otherwise distract you from your careful contemplation of the Holy texts. You can wear it to work, at the shops, around the house or even while you sleep, Be the first person in your Church or classroom to have one.

The Bible Harness has many uses, including:

• Introducing recalcitrant children to the Word of the Lord.
  • Avoiding any form of meaningful debate with evolutionists.
  • Never having to think for yourself anymore.
  • Information filter. Prevents user seeing or hearing anything non-Biblical.
  • Discretely indicates to others that you are a fellow Christian, much like the Jesus-Fish sticker on your car.
  • Preventing your halitosis from offending others (if applicable).
  • Ignoring any so-called facts or evidence that may contradict the obvious truth of your beliefs.
  • Ideal for Internet debates in alt.atheism and talk.origins.
  • Protection from harmful UV light.
  • And many more!

No longer must you endure non-Bible-related visual stimuli.

The Bible Harness is already a bestseller with Televangelists, Young-Earth Creationists, small-town preachers and many others in the God-fearing, Bible-believing community. Get yours today, and spend your every waking moment reading the loving Words of our Creator.

As you can see, the Bible Harness is practically invisible when in use. The strong leather fastenings hold your face tightly to the Inspired Words, which gently cradle your nose and uplift your spirit.

Special Offer
If you purchase one for yourself and your spouse, we'll send you a third, child-size Harness for free! When worn to school, this will prevent your child from being indoctrinated with sinful, secular notions such as scientific literacy, false interpretations of the Bible, and grammar. Don't waste time - call today!

But wait! There's more!

For an extra $10, you can upgrade to a Deluxe Bible Harness, featuring embossed crosses on the straps, gold-plated buckles and a transparent pocket on the front into which you can insert a selection of cards for others to read, including such inspirational sayings as:

"Can't talk - reading bible."

"Bible harness user. Please speak slowly."

"I don't need to think, I've got a Bible strapped to me face!"

Don't delay! Send for your Bible Harness today!

Warnings and legal notices:

1. Heavy machinery and vehicles should not be operated whilst wearing Bible Harness. If in doubt, pray for guidance.
  2. If strapped on too tightly, Bible Harness may restrict blood flow to brain. If you experience nausea, dizziness, hallucinations, revelations or angelic visitations, loosen straps appropriately.
  3. In some States, it is unfortunately still illegal to strap Bibles to the heads of unconsenting wives and children. If this is the case in your State, simply invoke the Religious Freedom Amendment and inform the police that they are burdening your expression of religion and you will be speaking to your lawyer immediately.
  4. Children, pregnant mothers and those with heart conditions should not be strapped into any section of the Old Testament, and certain sections of the New Testament - see guide enclosed with your Harness.
  5. The Bible Harness should not be used for strapping any other object to any other part of the body. Serious injury and sinning may result, especially if it feels good.

I almost shit myself I was laughing so hard.

No...wait. Yeah. Yeah I shit myself

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Are you a secret Trekkie, Fonzie?

Fonzie wrote:

It's not too much a stretch to think that this world is just a speck in the creation of God.  There may be millions of other redeemed from other worlds watching the LORD work in us, a cloud of witnesses.

Or does this intergalactic union represent a broadening of the delusion?

I do agree with you tho'. This world is a speck and there are millions of other worlds.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:robj101 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

Somehow, I have a hard time believing that the people who are against your position and know more of the Bible than you do are talking about things foreign to them. I think you're working so hard to justify your addiction that you can't see an intervention for what it is. That's especially clear in your last paragraph - "if you don't switch to the drug I use, you'll never feel as good as you can". Are you a user, a pusher or both?

It also doesn't surprise me that you are frightened by that particular incident. Which movie are you puling it from (the scene you describe isn't in Scripture)?  You don't have to worry about disappointing Christ - your exploits here are more than enough to show you've already done it. Or does your version of Jesus dig you being a deceptive piece of garbage?

— George Carlin

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sbowman shit himself lol.

Sbowman shit himself lol. This is why I fuckin love this thread!Laughing out loud

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
FICTION ADDICTION

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

Somehow, I have a hard time believing that the people who are against your position and know more of the Bible than you do are talking about things foreign to them. I think you're working so hard to justify your addiction that you can't see an intervention for what it is. That's especially clear in your last paragraph - "if you don't switch to the drug I use, you'll never feel as good as you can". Are you a user, a pusher or both?

It also doesn't surprise me that you are frightened by that particular incident. Which movie are you puling it from (the scene you describe isn't in Scripture)?  You don't have to worry about disappointing Christ - your exploits here are more than enough to show you've already done it. Or does your version of Jesus dig you being a deceptive piece of garbage?

JcGadfly,

Fairly creative mischaracterization - C- I would say, could have used a little more development.  Did you rest well?   Would Julius say something like this?  (What happened to him anyway?)  

But back to your fantasy; I think your curse is a swallow that won't have a good landing - in fact, I'd have to say it never broke wind.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Fairly creative

Fonzie wrote:
Fairly creative mischaracterization

No, sorry, he hasn't done that.

Calling you "deceptive" is merely a statement of fact, and a pretty mild one at that.

Adding "piece of garbage" is, after three years of your lies, threats and insults, something you worked hard for and richly deserve.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

JcGadfly,

Fairly creative mischaracterization - C- I would say, could have used a little more development.  Did you rest well?   Would Julius say something like this?  (What happened to him anyway?)  

But back to your fantasy; I think your curse is a swallow that won't have a good landing - in fact, I'd have to say it never broke wind.

Which part is a mischaracterization?

That most people here know more Scripture than you? No, that's been proven.

That you're addicted to Jesus and lithium? That's by your own admission.

That you can't see past your next fix of either to who you really are? Nope, that's been proven as well.

As for the remainder, I got a good rest, thanks. "What would Julius do?" Hmm., In the adaptation I did, Caesar wouldn't have given you the time of day. In reality, Caesar was a reformer who would have been considered a populist. What happened to him? In the adaptation I was in, I was hauled off by the FBI and shot myself later (it wasn't real - sorry to disappoint you). In reality, Caesar was assassinated by a group of aristocrats who felt threatened by his reforms.

How do I know this, you ask? See, the Romans had these guys called historians who took records of incidents. they might not agree on what each individual said by they got the details of what happened correct. Contrast this to the Bible which matches the words occasionally and rarely gets the details of incidents right (ex. What day was Jesus crucified? Depends on which Gospel you read.)

So please, tell me whee I've mischaracterized you. If you can, point to the posts in this thread where it has happened.

If you ignore this post or preach to me instead, I will have no choice but to assume that you accept the truth of what has been said about you (and in some cases, by you).

Show me what you got mephibofonziesheth.

— George Carlin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Yes it is laughable, the

Yes it is laughable, the idea that there is no god, laughable in the respect that anyone could come to any other conclusion.

You can sit around and talk about your pink unicorn and your leprechauns all day long but no one will ever see one.

You can talk about stories from the bible as if they are real and I can quote Tolkien or any other literature written by men, it doesn't make it real.

I might imagine what it would be like to win the lottery but I haven't and don't even play it. The odds against your god are far less favorable. 

You bring no evidence but the stories and parables from your bible, cutesy religious poetry and nothing more. Get back with us when you have something more substantial.

You are like your god in one respect, very unreal.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHEREFORE ART THOU JULIUS

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

JcGadfly,

That you can't see past your next fix of either to who you really are? Nope, that's been proven as well.

As for the remainder, I got a good rest, thanks. "What would Julius do?" Hmm., In the adaptation I did, Caesar wouldn't have given you the time of day. In reality, Caesar was a reformer who would have been considered a populist. What happened to him? In the adaptation I was in, I was hauled off by the FBI and shot myself later (it wasn't real - sorry to disappoint you). In reality, Caesar was assassinated by a group of aristocrats who felt threatened by his reforms.

How do I know this, you ask? See, the Romans had these guys called historians who took records of incidents. they might not agree on what each individual said by they got the details of what happened correct. Contrast this to the Bible which matches the words occasionally and rarely gets the details of incidents right (ex. What day was Jesus crucified? Depends on which Gospel you read.)

So please, tell me whee I've mischaracterized you. If you can, point to the posts in this thread where it has happened.

If you ignore this post or preach to me instead, I will have no choice but to assume that you accept the truth of what has been said about you (and in some cases, by you).

Well, JcGadfly

Concerning your post, it's all mischaracterization.  The part that is most divorced from reality is to characterize the living eternal LORD as a "drug".  This is proof you don't know anything about the Bible - Alpha to Omega - and as far as what you said about me I really don't care.  If Jesus is a drug to you why would I care what I am to you.  You are even a mischaracterization of yourself - yes, I'm saying you don't even know what you are or who you are, even with all your theatrics and magnifications of yourself - for this reason:  if you don't know the God Who made you, then it's evident you haven't either read or correctly understood the instructions of the One Who created you, to you, OR THEREFORE YOU - YOU.  You don't know what you're stepping in or around Julius, you're walking in the dark and don't know what you're tripping over, or walking with, or moving toward.  It's useless to discuss the Bible with you - a guy who thinks the LORD is a drug - this is a problem that goes back to the drawing board, farther than I can go for you, sorry, wish I could.

And as far as your mischaracterizations about what you'll "have to assume" concerning the "truth" - you don't know (from your own mouth) the most fundamental Truth, which is the Living Christ, so assume what you will, but know that it's just your assumption - not the truth - and then continue to blow about these things you don't know.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

JcGadfly,

Well, JcGadfly

Concerning your post, it's all mischaracterization.  The part that is most divorced from reality is to characterize the living eternal LORD as a "drug".  This is proof you don't know anything about the Bible - Alpha to Omega - and as far as what you said about me I really don't care.  If Jesus is a drug to you why would I care what I am to you.  You are even a mischaracterization of yourself - yes, I'm saying you don't even know what you are or who you are, even with all your theatrics and magnifications of yourself - for this reason:  if you don't know the God Who made you, then it's evident you haven't either read or correctly understood the instructions of the One Who created you, to you, OR THEREFORE YOU - YOU.  You don't know what you're stepping in or around Julius, you're walking in the dark and don't know what you're tripping over, or walking with, or moving toward.  It's useless to discuss the Bible with you - a guy who thinks the LORD is a drug - this is a problem that goes back to the drawing board, farther than I can go for you, sorry, wish I could.

And as far as your mischaracterizations about what you'll "have to assume" concerning the "truth" - you don't know (from your own mouth) the most fundamental Truth, which is the Living Christ, so assume what you will, but know that it's just your assumption - not the truth - and then continue to blow about these things you don't know.

Well, since you accept what I say as the truth (or at least can't point out any "micharacterizations&quotEye-wink

Thanks for admitting who you are. Now get your blood work done.

It's funny and sad to see that the addict is the last to see how hooked he is.

— George Carlin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Capitalization seems to

Capitalization seems to make it more like REALITY huh.

Whole thread full of lol.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:robj101 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

When and where did "god" make this demand?

Where did you hear about the look Jesus gave to Peter?

Where did you hear about ANY of this?

Is your entire faith based on a book written by men 2000 years ago?

Tell us about something you have witnessed, something substantial, some kind of evidence we can't refute.

Tell us something that makes a god more plausible than a leprechaun.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
SHOW AND TELL

robj101 wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

robj101 wrote:

robj101,

When and where did "god" make this demand?

Where did you hear about the look Jesus gave to Peter?

Where did you hear about ANY of this?

Is your entire faith based on a book written by men 2000 years ago?

Tell us about something you have witnessed, something substantial, some kind of evidence we can't refute.

Tell us something that makes a god more plausible than a leprechaun.

robj101,

When John the Baptist was arrested Jesus came into Galilee preaching the gospel of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel."  Paul, preaching at the Areopagus said, "the times of ignorance God winked at but now He commands all men everywhere to repent."

I read about the look Jesus gave to Peter in the Bible. 

I saw the results of Christ's living in Christians.

I read the Bible for myself.  My eyes were opened to it suddenly and unexpectedly.  I now have the treasure myself. 

I have no "evidence" of faith you couldn't refute with unbelief. 

My faith based on both the Living Word of God (Christ living in me) and the Written Word of God - which you view as just a "book written by men 2000 years ago". 

Just as radioactivity is "picked up" by instruments equipped to detect it God reveals His Light in Christ to whoever He wants.  This is something you have in common with God - what you "will do" and "won't do".  If light is something you were seeking, maybe God would reveal it to you then you could have the proof of it in yourself. 

I have witnessed the things I have described happen and happening in others who have repented and believed the gospel.  As far as a miracle, when your eyes are opened to the Creator, all creation is a miracle. 

Leprochauns have never interested nor done anything for me.  There is a great chasm between the fantasy of men and the Word of God.  It is described this way:  sheep know their master's voice.  In the far east where they don't try to drive sheep in a pickup with the horn blowing like here in the US - they can all take their sheep to the watering hole, then each shepherd call his sheep away.  The sheep know what they're hearing.  If you were one of God's sheep you would know the difference between God and a leprochaun myth.  It should be obvious to you that there is a certain humility required to take steps to search into this.  Only just, don't you think?  You don't come to God with your nose in the air.  You have to "downsize".  The gospel has thus a "winnowing effect".  But I guarantee you that this is the Treasure of Treasures.  But that is an invitation to be accepted by faith or rejected by unbelief.

Doubts and questionings are cut through by the principle of faith.  You can spend your whole life with doubts, tossed and distracted with questionings, mired in man's reasonings, wondering in men's wonderings - but once you understand that God and Christ are telling you the truth, it's all settled by the principle of faith.  The focus of trust is not on myself but on the atoning sacrifice of Christ - nothing else mixed in (not ceremony, not my works, not my knowing all the answers to your or my questions, not "get it perfect) but my confidence is focused totally on Jesus' sacrifice, the Lamb Of God slain for the salvation of the world.  When your eyes are opened in faith to Who He is, then there's progress.  Anything else, including leprechauns - will never satisfy. 

And Christ is really living in me.  Leprechauns are only in "happy meals".