Gog and magog /bible bullshit

carx
carx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gog and magog /bible bullshit

Can someone explain this to me WTF are gog and magog ? Cities ? Nations ? Demons ? And are they related to eth other ? Are they going to fight ? be allies ? have sex ?

I would like to know form a ex-fundy their fray tail surrounding this bible bullshit , don’t worry if there are other interpretations then the one you give me deep down we all know that its all self-contradictory crap from the bible.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Depends on how badly the

Depends on how badly the interpreter wants to scare more money out of his flock.

carx
carx's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Depends on

jcgadfly wrote:

Depends on how badly the interpreter wants to scare more money out of his flock.

Well we all know the retarded “bible predict the future / scientific discover” bullshit.  OK I ask for the original author of the bible (in the book they ampere)  conception of gog and magog and maybe a fundy rationalization for a bonus.

Warning I’m not a native English speaker.

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=281515 DDR and game sound track download

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
carx wrote:Can someone

carx wrote:

Can someone explain this to me WTF are gog and magog ? Cities ? Nations ? Demons ? And are they related to eth other ? Are they going to fight ? be allies ? have sex ?

I have no idea what they are, but in in Heroes of Might and Magic 3 they were a creatures throwing fireballs recruitable at a Demoniac type castle, so I guess they're demons.

Gog was a basic type, Magog upgraded.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Carx, you've actually got a

Carx, you've actually got a pretty good handle on Gog and Magog.  They're defined as a whole bunch of different things and it's impossible to say for sure what the writers of Ezekial and Revelation meant when they invoked them.  What little I do know is that Magog is a grandson of Noah; his father Japheth was, as far as the ancient Jews were concerned, the ancestor of the peoples of Europe.  A bunch of pointy headed dumbasses have tried to nail down which European state was founded by which grandson of Noah ever since, and a lot of them say that Magog was the father of the Slavic peoples.  The Book of Ezekial is the first to mention "Gog" as far as I know, and it also predicts that Israel will one day prevail in a war against the pair of them--since ancient Israel and the Slavic peoples never got into so much as a snowball fight, lots of modern day Christians (and the writer of Revelation as well, quite likely) assume that this was a prophecy of the end times (this is of course strengthened by the writer of revelation saying the same thing) and that Gog and Magog represent the old Warsaw Pact states led by the Soviet Union.  

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell