Fully Vetted Palin

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Fully Vetted Palin

A friend showed me this.  Weird.  Her 5th kid may actually be the child of her eldest?

Read here.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sorry , I am opssesed 

Sorry , I am obsessed .... 

Girls, Girls, Girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJrSyFpK3iQ

The only thing I like of that McCain so far  , go girl POWER ..... but other wise, fuck you McCain, and actually that girl of yours ain't the kind, fuck no to them girl prudes ....  

scole665
User is offlineOffline
Evidence

I didn't see a lot of evidence to support this claim. It's all in the power of suggestion. I won't be mentioning this to anyone else until I see a little more evidence that supports such a claim. After all, she (we all) deserves that. 

god -- I tried you on for size.... you were a little long in the crotch, loose in the waist, short in the length and you made my butt look extra flat. I had to take you back for an exchange.

Master Jedi Dan
Master Jedi Dan's picture
User is offlineOffline
scole665 wrote: I didn't

scole665 wrote:

I didn't see a lot of evidence to support this claim. It's all in the power of suggestion. I won't be mentioning this to anyone else until I see a little more evidence that supports such a claim. After all, she (we all) deserves that. 

This article has a good in-depth look at the story.  The content of the story isn't what worries me, it's the fact that she might already be lying to the public.  If she is, she will have no problem lying to us in the future.  If she did have the baby though, she sure has a lot to explain for...

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Master Jedi Dan wrote:This

Master Jedi Dan wrote:

This article has a good in-depth look at the story. 

Both that article and this article: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-69834  are front and center on DIGG.com.  DIGG them!

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
As my wife points out, this

As my wife points out, this won't make a difference to those already supporting her. Even if it turns out to be her granddaughter, everyone will simply say, "She was protecting her own daughter," and, "What a sacrifice she's making!"

If this is true, she'll be even more of a hero to those that support her.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
And how is this relevant to

And how is this relevant to her political abilities?

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
YepOnly 2 things count: Is

nigelTheBold wrote:

As my wife points out, this won't make a difference to those already supporting her. Even if it turns out to be her granddaughter, everyone will simply say, "She was protecting her own daughter," and, "What a sacrifice she's making!"

If this is true, she'll be even more of a hero to those that support her.

Yep

Only 2 things count: Is she republican? and is she christian?

But I also see an implied bonus, Alaska <> Oil, Oil <> Alaska, and we need oil.

This could force congress to pass the drill bill

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:And how

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

And how is this relevant to her political abilities?

It's not, unless honesty is relevant.  It is however exactly how the republicans fight, if the story is true, she deserves to be ruined for it, just like the republicans would do if they were running against another stronger candidate.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:YepOnly 2 things

aiia wrote:

Yep

Only 2 things count: Is she republican and is she christian

Well if the story is true, she's obviously not a True Christian™, right?

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:aiia

Sapient wrote:

aiia wrote:

Yep

Only 2 things count: Is she republican and is she christian

Well if the story is true, she's obviously not a True Christian™, right?

Yea if it is true I think the hardcore fundies are going to choke on it

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:Yea if it is true

aiia wrote:

Yea if it is true I think the hardcore fundies are going to choke on it

Don't underestimate the ability of irrational people to rationalize unpalatable truths. I think they'll hold it against he daughter for getting knocked up out off wedlock, and congratulate Sarah Palin for "protecting" her daughter from the nasty, evil press.

But then, I'm growing more cynical daily.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
She's all for "teaching the

She's all for "teaching the controversy", meaning ID/Creationism in science class. That's all I need to know to hate her, the rest is just decorative.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:She's all

JillSwift wrote:

She's all for "teaching the controversy"

See Pineapple?

She deserves a little "teaching the controversy" right back at her... class open up your history books to page 60 for a lesson about the time when McCain chose Palin as his Vice President, a woman who didn't prove that her son was really hers, and many people thought "her son" was actually her grandson, and that she covered it up because people would no longer believe she was the mother they championed.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:JillSwift

Sapient wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

She's all for "teaching the controversy"

See Pineapple?

She deserves a little "teaching the controversy" right back at her... class open up your history books to page 60 for a lesson about the time when McCain chose Palin as his Vice President, a woman who didn't prove that her son was really hers, and many people thought "her son" was actually her grandson, and that she covered it up because people would no longer believe she was the mother they championed.

It's just that in another topic, I got blasted in another topic for mixing in someone's personal affairs with political ones. So it depends on the political party involved?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Of course not Cpt, and

Of course not Cpt, and "who's" baby it is makes little difference to me, but such a lie as that, if true is a bad sign. The pregnant daughter isn't hardly worth a mention, but her xain fundy stupid voting record on social issues, like abortion, and sex ed are. Yicks. she sucks.

This VP choice, to be pres if McCain is disabled is indeed lame, as McCain is lame. How many republicans actually sincerely approve??? Anything to win, so the lies, from both sides. Good lies , Bad lies ????

The most imporatant trait of a any elected servent is not experience, but the wisdom to chose an intelligent cabinet etc, to really seek advise and help to correcting the many ills of inequality of the radical wealth distribution and to end the need for all war. McCain is by far the worse of our choices. I must take a chance and vote Obama.  

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:It's

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

It's just that in another topic, I got blasted in another topic for mixing in someone's personal affairs with political ones. So it depends on the political party involved?

Not really, the arguments lobbed at you in that thread are likely applicable to me here.  With that said, John Edwards never ran on the Christian ticket... Palin does. I don't know her politics, I know she's running on a ticket with John McCain, and she's a Christian bible thumping intelligent design freak.  I also know that McCain picked her in part because she's a soccer mom who has a great family life and imparts Christian morality on her children.  My interest here isn't so much politics as it's religion.  Here's a woman who has imparted Christianity on her children, and she's covering up the rebellious years that Christianity often delivers in a disgustingly dishonest and "unChristian" scheme. 

Don't get me started, I could rant on this one for hours.  We can call it, "ranting the controversy."

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah , she's not just a

Yeah , she's not just a xain, she's a fundy wacko.

ragnarok
High Level Donor
ragnarok's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm Not So Afraid of Them

For one thing, they would have to be elected, and I really don't see it happening.  I'm not so enamored with Obama either, but he's got a better chance. 

Plus, I really don't think that the Christian Right has all that much control over anything Republican anymore, and certainly not this campaign (they could have chosen Huckabee, and that would have been worse than McCain or Bush).  If he meant to pander to them, he wouldn't have picked a woman.  No, I think their choice of Palin had certain sexual undertones complimented by the taboo Christian mindset she espouses.  It's a thinly veiled attempt to make him look hip and edgy, controversial and capable of independent thinking, thinking outside the, um...box.  But still able to maintain the appearance of fealty to the whole Republican values message.  I used to be a Republican, before they adopted Jesus Christ as their party leader, president and co-pilot (the trinity) and I have to tell you that a lot of us became Libertarians and independents because of Reagan and Bush.  Current Republicans, if they are anything like my co-workers and acquantainces and are concerned with money and God, are not in love with McCain, and it would have been oh-so-fascinating to watch the convention this week to see how each one of the speakers would lie for his benefit.  How convenient that they have decided to dampen the Republican National Condescension behind the threat of a hurricane; they get to look like concerned citizens and they get to avoid making statements in public that could come back to haunt them during their own re-election campaigns.  I also wouldn't be surprised if there happens to be some major spin doctoring on Palin's image etc. by the end of the coming week.  

I have actually heard rumors that the GOP, sans McCain (who really does want to be president and won't lie down and take one for the team), is willing to throw this election in order to regroup and try again in 2012, firmly believing that 4 years of Obama and Democratic Party rule will bring the presidency back to them.   Truthfully, I wouldn't put it past them. 

I have little poignant or anecdotal to share in this space, but I'm glad I wrote something that made someone like you waste their time reading it. HAVE SOME.

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
There are a number of

There are a number of various news sources reporting that Sarah Palin's daughter is now pregnant.  She is 17 and unmarried.

The story doesn't particularly bother me.  What does is that Palin as an Evangelical probably would have looked down on someone in similar circumstances before this happened.  Even more irritating is that as an advocate of "Abstinence Only" sex education, she sees first hand the futility of such teaching.  Will she change ?  I'll bet $$$ she won't !

The RNC will now try to spin this by taking advantage of/or appealing to natural human compassion and ask forgiveness knowing they would never truly grant such compassion if it were not one of their own!  Disgusting !

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/palin-confirms-daughters-pregnancy-915378.html

Oh and this certainly does not mean that Palin's daughter was not pregnant before this and "might" be responsible for Sarah Palin's 5th child.. That remains to be seen. 

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Apparently now she admits

Apparently now she admits the daughter is 5 months pregnant but denies the other thing. And keeping the baby when she's 17 and marrying the father. Fucking stupid - blame Christianity.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm going to buck tradition

I'm going to buck tradition here and jump in on Pineapple's side.  I was one of the main ones bitching about the Edwards thing, and from where I sit, Pineapple's got a point.  If Edwards' affair is nobody's business, then the sexual exploits of Palin's family are also nobody's business.  Having said that, I'm going to jump back to my normal place and find a way to blast the Rethuglican Christians about this little fiasco.

In the magical world of my imagination, politicians ought to be judged on their political abilities and nothing else.  In this world, John Edwards just got essentially booted out of national politics because he had an affair a while back.  To quote the infamous Dark Helmet, "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."  If we as freethinkers allow the Rethuglican double standard to continue, we're being good -- and dumb.

Here's the caveat.  I don't believe there ought to be an ounce of moral outrage about the actual scandal itself.  I don't give a shit about it.  I've known people who have covered for their children.  It happens.

What there ought to be is a call for equal political consequences.  If Edwards is run out of town on a rail for having an affair, Palin ought to be run out of town on a rail for lying about an out of wedlock baby.  It's not about either of them being morally outrageous.  It's about applying the standards equally and not letting the Rethuglicans have the advantage of impunity when any Democrat who is found with even a slight moral blemish will be crucified.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle wrote:There are

AmericanIdle wrote:

There are a number of various news sources reporting that Sarah Palin's daughter is now pregnant.  She is 17 and unmarried.

The story doesn't particularly bother me.  What does is that Palin as an Evangelical probably would have looked down on someone in similar circumstances before this happened.  Even more irritating is that as an advocate of "Abstinence Only" sex education, she sees first hand the futility of such teaching.  Will she change ?  I'll bet $$$ she won't !

The RNC will now try to spin this by taking advantage of/or appealing to natural human compassion and ask forgiveness knowing they would never truly grant such compassion if it were not one of their own!  Disgusting !

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/palin-confirms-daughters-pregnancy-915378.html

Oh and this certainly does not mean that Palin's daughter was not pregnant before this and "might" be responsible for Sarah Palin's 5th child.. That remains to be seen.  

Yeah, actually in reading the article, you'll note the family statement doesn't refer to the rumor other than where they say they've been blessed with five children. To borrow an idiom, I wouldn't exactly call that a denial in no uncertain terms. So it does remain to be seen.

Today, McCain's chief campaign strategist, Steve Schmidt, said  that McCain knew about the teen pregnancy last week. One of his other statements was that once the word got out, the media could not be trusted to use decency in their handling of the matter.

If I were McCain, I think I'd be pulling that strategist aside and warn him not to bash the media unless he was referring to a direct action by a specific media group. And with @ two months to go, I'd make sure he understood that he'd damn well better have, at a minimum, a few shreds of evidence against whichever media group he was calling out.

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't know if you've seen

Don't know if you've seen this yet.

Apparently Palin was and possibly still is a member of the Alaskan Independence Party.

www.akip.org/

Some of the story here:

www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/2/95340/25869/18/582717

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
She is a whack job.

She is a whack job.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:She is a

MattShizzle wrote:
She is a whack job.
Nuttier than an enterprising squirrel's winter stash.

Hopefully this means McCain just handed Obama the oval office.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I believe this move hurt

I believe this move hurt mccain.

Obama erred in not picking hillary

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
They mentioned on CNN

They mentioned on CNN yesterday she's in favor of abstinence-only education (note how well that worked for her daughter) and teaching creationism in the classroom. She should have never been a small town mayor, let alone governor - and especially not VP or president. She sounds like a female version of Bush.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:I believe this

aiia wrote:

Had Obama chosen Hillary, I don't believe there was even a chance Mccain would have selected a female running mate.  The Republicans had a considerable advantage in waiting for the Demo's to make their choice first.

I think Rove and the Republicans had a long, thought out plan of attack for Hillary, should she get the VP job.

As I mentioned in the other Palin thread, it is now being reported that Sarah Palin and husband ran off and eloped, rather than have a traditional marriage on August 29, 1988.  Their first son was born 8 months later.

And you guys thought Abstinence only education didn't work !  Shame on you.

Shotgun weddings are part of the family DNA.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:I believe this

aiia wrote:

Yeah, Mondale/Ferraro worked so well, after all.

Besides, can you imagine Obama trying to get anything done with Bill second-guessing him at every turn?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:Don't know if

nikimoto wrote:

Don't know if you've seen this yet.

Apparently Palin was and possibly still is a member of the Alaskan Independence Party.

www.akip.org/

Some of the story here:

www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/2/95340/25869/18/582717

I looked at the AIP website. They SO don't want to be an independent nation. Bush would simply invade their asses. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle wrote:aiia

AmericanIdle wrote:

aiia wrote:

Had Obama chosen Hillary, I don't believe there was even a chance Mccain would have selected a female running mate.  The Republicans had a considerable advantage in waiting for the Demo's to make their choice first.

I think Rove and the Republicans had a long, thought out plan of attack for Hillary, should she get the VP job. 

Yes, Obama erred by not choosing Hillary....

however,

the story and life of Joe Biden are compelling

and seemingly unpretentious.

And I agree with Idle...

If Obama chooses Mrs. Clinton,

then McCain opts for someone

other than a female.

Having said all that, McCain really

missed the mark with his selection

of beauty queen Palin.

Olympia Snowe, the moderate from

Maine, would've yanked votes

away from Biden's NE pull and some

Hillary supporters would have also

gone over to the trunk side.

Snowe consistently ranks in the top three

on yearly Senatorial approval ratings.

But it's McCain, not McBrain.

scole665
User is offlineOffline
Master Jedi Dan

Master Jedi Dan wrote:

scole665 wrote:

This article has a good in-depth look at the story.  The content of the story isn't what worries me, it's the fact that she might already be lying to the public.  If she is, she will have no problem lying to us in the future.  If she did have the baby though, she sure has a lot to explain for...

And if she didn't... (the evidence seems to point to that now), what's the point? I sound like a fan of Mrs. Palin, but I'm certainly not. It's just stupid and ugly of us as people to sling mud based on that "evidence".  We want something good on her, no matter how poor the evidence. Sad especially when it happens to ME! 

god -- I tried you on for size.... you were a little long in the crotch, loose in the waist, short in the length and you made my butt look extra flat. I had to take you back for an exchange.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Here's the

Hambydammit wrote:

Here's the caveat.  I don't believe there ought to be an ounce of moral outrage about the actual scandal itself.  I don't give a shit about it.  I've known people who have covered for their children.  It happens.

What there ought to be is a call for equal political consequences.  If Edwards is run out of town on a rail for having an affair, Palin ought to be run out of town on a rail for lying about an out of wedlock baby.  It's not about either of them being morally outrageous.  It's about applying the standards equally and not letting the Rethuglicans have the advantage of impunity when any Democrat who is found with even a slight moral blemish will be crucified.

I agree.  It's the hypocrisy.  If the Rethuglicans are going to paint themselves as the party of family morality, they should be judged by their own standard.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
It appears Palin had no

It appears Palin had no problem trotting out her family after her speech and garner them some more attention.  We also got to see Levi, the son-in-law to be (shotgun wedding) who Palin outed a couple days ago.  For someone who wants her family off limits perhaps she should stop using them as campaign props.

That's the problem with a party that wants to be seen as the party of family values and wants to pass laws so the government can interfere in your family's business.  That leads people to speculate and wonder how these "perfect" legislators of morality do with their own families.  Naturally they want their families off limits because we look under the rock and see that everything isn't so picture perfect.

BTW, the worst Republican convention drinking game is playing "Spot the African-American."  You can go hours without taking a sip.