Want to vote

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Want to vote

Do you want the religious logo 'in god we trust' removed from our money?

I'm sure many of you would like to vote on this if you have not already.

Here's the link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:Do you want the

aiia wrote:

Thanks for posting that, I wasn't aware they even had a story on the lawsuit let alone a vote to see what their viewer/readers thought.  Of course, I watch very little television and seldom ever watch msnbc.  I do like Lou Dobbs though.

It still gets me how little most people know of the Constitution and our history and even the English language.  Patriotism has nothing to do with Dog yet every xtian will cite belief in Dog as being patriotic.  Guess our public schools have failed us. Come to think of it, when I was in high school in the sixties I don't remember any mention of church/state. 

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:Do you want the

aiia wrote:

Who cares as long as it spends the same?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, them bright Founding

Yeah,  them bright Founding Fathers knew the ills of old Europe and so sought to protect "we the people" from the monster church. Of course the clever church devil loons with their  thousands of years of tested relentless practice have perverted "we the people" again,  just as they have always perverted the simple messages of all our wise ancestors, including the simple ancient Jesus and Buddha philosophies .... 

"In the devil the majority trust", and they call that "god" .....    

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I find the politically

I find the politically correct, moderate way the options are worded funny. Where's the "No, it should stay because this is a chrisitian nation and anybody who doesn't like that can leave and burn in hell.'

I'm sure a significant portion really mean that when they say it shouldn't be removed.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, at this moment it says

Wow, at this moment it says "5,243,674 responses" and 29% of those say In God We Trust should be removed.

That is a lot more than I thought it would be so it is kind of encouraging.

On the other hand, this probably doesn't reflect the feelings of the country as a whole (since it is on MSNBC). The same poll on Fox would probably yield very different results, I'm guessing.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
When I voted it was 40% said

When I voted it was 40% said remove it. One thing skewing it was that the FFRF e mailed members to vote on it, and besides here it was posted in my local Atheist Meetup group - so there is likely more atheists voting on it. On the other hand, we don't know if fundies are doing the same thing.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Honestly, I could care less

Honestly, I could care less if it stays or not. I don't see it as an official endorsement of any specific religion. I just don't see any use for wasting the ink to print it. I just laugh everytime I change the wording on the bills I get and go on. It just amazes me how much satisfaction I get telling christians that I am sure your god would appreciate a reference to it on their money. The only thing most christians seem to worship than god is money so it seems fit.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is tantamount to

It is tantamount to government's endorsement of theism excluding atheists. Money is not based on 'trust in god', obviously. It is an advertisement to believe in 'mr invisible', but which god? Since the majority is xtian it can be assumed xtians are 99% of those who voted "leave it on".

The illusion of this poll is that the majority rules and that is incorrect. The majority opinion does not determine whether it should be on money, the 1st amendment does.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.