Atheist Challenge Met

Presuppositionalist
Theist
Presuppositionalist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Challenge Met

Sapient recently explained that he could disprove theism by conceiving of something that doesn't exist. Since conceiving of something that doesn't exist allegedly refutes theism, conceiving of something that DOES exist must refute atheism.

Atheists, the following things exist:

My brain

My house

My computer

Atoms

Camels

QED.

Q: Why didn't you address (post x) that I made in response to you nine minutes ago???

A: Because I have (a) a job, (b) familial obligations, (c) social obligations, and (d) probably a lot of other atheists responded to the same post you did, since I am practically the token Christian on this site now. Be patient, please.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Since conceiving of

Quote:
Since conceiving of something that doesn't exist allegedly refutes theism, conceiving of something that DOES exist must refute atheism.

I can't think of anything to say that would make you sound any more stupid.  I think the last three times I've said, "That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard anyone say," it's been you saying it.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Would it help if I gave you

Would it help if I gave you a cookie and patted you on the head for trying?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
why oh why?

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
Since conceiving of something that doesn't exist allegedly refutes theism, conceiving of something that DOES exist must refute atheism.

I can't think of anything to say that would make you sound any more stupid.  I think the last three times I've said, "That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard anyone say," it's been you saying it.

Hamby why doest thou even bother talking with this guy; thou  ist far too intelligent for such-ith a waste of time.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
add something

D-cubed wrote:

Would it help if I gave you a cookie and patted you on the head for trying?

D-cubed could you put something in the cookie first?

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:  Hamby why doest

Quote:
  Hamby why doest thou even bother talking with this guy; thou  ist far too intelligent for such-ith a waste of time.

I had intricate plans to be involved in carnal diversions with a woman of the female persuasion.  Having watched those plans crumble (and having had a really crappy week to boot) I have found it cathartic to poke fun at the intellectually defenseless.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
defenseless

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

I had intricate plans to be involved in carnal diversions with a woman of the female persuasion.  Having watched those plans crumble (and having had a really crappy week to boot) I have found it cathartic to poke fun at the intellectually defenseless.

In Canada we have laws against toying with the mentally challenged,  "They are god's children" and gods can have them. 

daretoknow
Superfan
daretoknow's picture
User is offlineOffline
He was not trying to

He was not trying to disprove god. He was pointing out the glaring problems with C.S. Lewis' argument. But even if he was attempting to disprove god your argument is non-sequitor.

Thats cute.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Is this guy just trolling or

Is this guy just trolling or his he really this stupid?

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Sapient recently explained that he could disprove theism by conceiving of something that doesn't exist. Since conceiving of something that doesn't exist allegedly refutes theism, conceiving of something that DOES exist must refute atheism.

Atheists, the following things exist:

My brain

[...]

You're going to start with a contentious example?

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Is this

MattShizzle wrote:
Is this guy just trolling or his he really this stupid?
Yes.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I just find it hard to

I just find it hard to beleive that someone could consider this an argument at all, and consider that obvious joke list of proofs of god as serious valid proof. That is just sad if he really is that stupid.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
At first I thought that

At first I thought that Presuppositionalist was some sort of antagonist, but I realize now that I was wrong. He isn't our local troll theist: he is our local retarded theist. I think he might actually have some problems if this opening post was serious. I hope it is just genuine trolling; that would just make him an ass on the internet. If he was serious about his opening statement then he might really have "special" needs. For that reason, I will be laying off of Presuppositionalist for a while. It just feels wrong to smash apart the flimsy arguments made by someone who might be mentally challenged.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Your failure of understanding of Sapient's thread does not mean an opposite has any validity.

I can't say anything else or it won't be nice.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Why do you insist on reaming

Why do you insist on reaming yourself here in addition to the reamings you've been given in other threads?

I don't need goatse v. 2.0 here.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Milkshake89
Milkshake89's picture
User is offlineOffline
This guy may very well be a

This guy may very well be a joke - and he's probably having much more fun reading your exagerated reactions than you are reading his jokes. Seriously. Jesus Christ. Some of you.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:This guy may very well

Quote:
This guy may very well be a joke - and he's probably having much more fun reading your exagerated reactions than you are reading his jokes. Seriously. Jesus Christ. Some of you.

Once again, Poe's Law proves to be true.

Honestly, I have no idea whether this guy is a nut job, a spam troll, or a genuine idiot.  The sad thing is, I've been to churches where preachers have said stuff pretty close to this, and people clapped.

Books about atheism

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Milkshake89 wrote:This guy

Milkshake89 wrote:

Presup's like a grisly car wreck - you should look away from the carnage but you just can't.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:At first

Jormungander wrote:
At first I thought that Presuppositionalist was some sort of antagonist, but I realize now that I was wrong. He isn't our local troll theist: he is our local retarded theist.

But but but, he's the smartest person here!  He said so, so it must be true!

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/