Laywoman furthers Science..

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
 Do creationists even try

Do creationists even try to explain things like this away, or do they simply ignore the fact that there is 'outer space'?   I've never really heard creationists address astronomy or astrophysics.  My guess is this is the sort of 'fact' that god put there to make people disbelieve, like carbon dating and fossils, the tree ring records, and whatnots...

If I have gained anything by damning myself, it is that I no longer have anything to fear. - JP Sartre

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
But just remember...

But just remember... anything Rook says is wrong because he doesn't have a degree.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Balrogoz wrote: I think this

That is very cool.

Hambydammit wrote:
But just remember... anything Rook says is wrong because he doesn't have a degree.
Ever notice how the importance of a person having a degree is inversely proportional to the agreement with their conclusions?

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:But just

Hambydammit wrote:

Uhm..  what?  

I feel like I missed some drama somewhere?

If I have gained anything by damning myself, it is that I no longer have anything to fear. - JP Sartre

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not particularly.  It's

Not particularly.  It's just the ongoing series of epithets hurled at Rook in lieu of an actual refutation of his research.  For some reason, a lot of people think that because he doesn't have a degree in ancient history that his research is necessarily wrong.  I'll bet there have been twenty five threads, some of them with a hundred responses, arguing over Rook's credentials instead of his arguments.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
LIke the recent asshat who

LIke the recent asshat who tried to debate Jesus mythicism and didn't bring one fucking thing up about Jesus being real. I think he attacked credentials and ad hom'd everyone - most of his argument was idiocy about not being 100% certain of anything.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team