I really don't have to defend GOD [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
I really don't have to defend GOD [YOU RESPOND]

From: ALKERTIS@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:49 AM
Subject: [General Question] Debate w kirk and ray

K.I. DUB sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I really dont have to defend GOD cause he doesn't need me to defend. I just
saw your debate and found both sides of the argument useless. You want a
reason GOD exist because in the bible it says people like you would hate
GOD. Really the whole world  hates GOD even self proclaiming christians who
say "yeah I believe" just to cover their bases deep down don't really care.
and so what. The part that make none believers sad to me is you debate
something you believe is stupid. I don't believe in the tooth fairy or
santa but you don't find me trying to debate or devoting a website to it.
End of the day you either believe or you don't. Deal with it. I don't know
where you will go when you die neither do ray or kirk, only GOD. Last
note.....If Christianity is  man made......why would I make a religon that
makes such harsh rules.....be easier to be a mormon with no hell at
all.......and I would rather believe in a GOD who I feel created all than
to believe in a bunch of dudes who are making a guess or a theory.
PEACE!!!!!!!


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
I really don't have to defend GOD

He says while defending God...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2396
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is onlineOnline
puzzled

   

       If you believed even half of what you wrote why would you feel in the least compelled to write that e-mail or make any comment at all to anyone?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Hmmmmm

 "really dont have to defend GOD cause he doesn't need me to defend. I just
saw your debate and found both sides of the argument useless. You want a
reason GOD exist because in the bible it says people like you would hate
GOD. Really the whole world  hates GOD even self proclaiming christians who
say "yeah I believe" just to cover their bases deep down don't really care.
and so what."

You cannot hate something you do not believe in. You statement about the whole world hating God just shows how uneducated you really are.  

 

"The part that make none believers sad to me is you debate
something you believe is stupid. I don't believe in the tooth fairy or
santa but you don't find me trying to debate or devoting a website to it.
End of the day you either believe or you don't. Deal with it. "

If you believe in God then you might as well believe in Santa. I bet there are websites devoted to the debate. Let's google!!

 

I don't know
where you will go when you die neither do ray or kirk, only GOD. Last
note.....If Christianity is  man made......why would I make a religon that
makes such harsh rules.....be easier to be a mormon with no hell at
all.......and I would rather believe in a GOD who I feel created all than
to believe in a bunch of dudes who are making a guess or a theory.
PEACE!!!!!!!

Hence the reason the bible is a joke. Aren't you making a guess by believing in God? Where is the proof that you are right? If you really believed then you would know where you are going because your bible is pretty clear about it.

Your arguaments are a joke and show you have no business debating free thinkers.


izackcarson
Posts: 15
Joined: 2008-08-04
User is offlineOffline
"why would I make a religon

"why would I make a religon that
makes such harsh rules"

You may not have heard, but humans are not real nice to each other.  Christianity in it's modern incarnation has roots in governmental control of the populous going back to the Roman era of rule.  Besides, if it's easy it doesn't feel like sacrifice and you can't pat yourself on the back for following the difficult rules.


nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
Posts: 235
Joined: 2008-07-21
User is offlineOffline
K.I.DUB wrote:From:

K.I.DUB wrote:

From: ALKERTIS@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:49 AM
Subject: [General Question] Debate w kirk and ray

K.I. DUB sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I really dont have to defend GOD cause he doesn't need me to defend. I just
saw your debate and found both sides of the argument useless. You want a
reason GOD exist because in the bible it says people like you would hate
GOD. Really the whole world  hates GOD even self proclaiming christians who
say "yeah I believe" just to cover their bases deep down don't really care.

I think there may be a misunderstanding.

We don't "hate" invisible supernatural deities which only exist in people's imaginations.

Wouldn't it be silly to hate something that is, at least for all practical purposes, non-existent?

Quote:


and so what. The part that make none believers sad to me is you debate
something you believe is stupid. I don't believe in the tooth fairy or
santa but you don't find me trying to debate or devoting a website to it.

You've said god doesn't need defending. Believers clearly outnumber non-believers. There are probably thousands more believers websites than there are non-believer websites. Whats the problem?

Imagine that you, as a Christian, moved to a country where all the media kept promoting and reinforcing belief in Buddha. Every town and sometimes every street had a Buddhist temple or two. Everywhere you go people have little Buddhas on the back of their cars or hanging on their neck. The leaders of the country often refer to their faith in Buddha. There are Buddha book stores and Buddha music stores and Buddha gift shops and Buddha EVERYWHERE, including the local internet.

Wouldn't you want a place you could meet with people who feel like you do? Would you be wrong or bad to create a place where people who felt like you could get together and talk, argue, tell jokes?

Quote:

End of the day you either believe or you don't. Deal with it.

This goes for you too, right?

Quote:

Last note.....If Christianity is man made......why would I make a religon that makes such harsh rules.....be easier to be a mormon with no hell at all.......and I would rather believe in a GOD who I feel created all than to believe in a bunch of dudes who are making a guess or a theory.
PEACE!!!!!!!

If harsh rules are a criteria for being a valid religion then perhaps you should try Islam. I hear they are even harsher.

 

Besides, in believing in the bible you ARE essentially believing in a "bunch of dudes who are making a guess or a theory", in my opinion.

Nobody here is telling you what to believe, are they?

We get to witness every day what the vast majority, you among them, believe. Most of us are simply saying that we do not share those beliefs and providing some reasons why we think invisible god belief doesn't fit reality as we see it.

As you said, deal with it.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

From: ALKERTIS@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:49 AM
Subject: [General Question] Debate w kirk and ray

K.I. DUB sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I really dont have to defend GOD cause he doesn't need me to defend. I just
saw your debate and found both sides of the argument useless. You want a
reason GOD exist because in the bible it says people like you would hate
GOD. Really the whole world  hates GOD even self proclaiming christians who
say "yeah I believe" just to cover their bases deep down don't really care.
and so what. The part that make none believers sad to me is you debate
something you believe is stupid. I don't believe in the tooth fairy or
santa but you don't find me trying to debate or devoting a website to it.
End of the day you either believe or you don't. Deal with it. I don't know
where you will go when you die neither do ray or kirk, only GOD. Last
note.....If Christianity is  man made......why would I make a religon that
makes such harsh rules.....be easier to be a mormon with no hell at
all.......and I would rather believe in a GOD who I feel created all than
to believe in a bunch of dudes who are making a guess or a theory.
PEACE!!!!!!!

Something is true because someone denies or responds negatively to it?

Well then, you're a pedophile. What do you think about that?


mrjonno
Posts: 726
Joined: 2007-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Can't hate something

Can't hate something something that doesnt exist BUT

If you would prove to me  beyond reasonable doubt that the christian god did exist that I definitely would hate the monster. Hitler in his worst genocidal moments doesnt even come close to the evils of that piece of shit


Blake32
Blake32's picture
Posts: 11
Joined: 2008-08-04
User is offlineOffline
Nikimoto did an amazing job

Nikimoto did an amazing job at reciting his quotes and debunking them so I won't bother because mine will be the same thoughts put in a different perspective.


Although I will add to it.

 

You don't realize how much faith your putting into a book that has been proven on SEVERAL counts to be contradictory.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html

Theres some right there if you don't believe me.

 

Also you're putting a lot of faith in Christ who hasn't had any proof of even existing.

Had you paid close attention to Kellym78 during the Nightline debate you will hear her say the era Jesus was supposedly born into was a very well recorded era, but on no account did any historians ever speak of a man named Jesus walking on water, turning water into wine, Curing the sick and blind, etc.

 

By you saying "Really the whole world hates god." If that applies to you to, you're admitting that and I don't think god enjoys that.

 

You say I'd rather believe in a god "WHO I FEEL" created all.

I invite you to think of when you were first born and when you grew up.

Now had you not been taught about God would you have even known "he existed?"

No. The only reason you believed in the first place because it was a popular belief.

You'd be believing in Buddha right now had you not lived where you do now.

Location Location Location.

Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family. - Steven Colbert


Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
Posts: 440
Joined: 2008-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Then I guess you aren't

Then I guess you aren't willing to take god's place in a duel? I've been challenging it for decades to pistols at 20 paces, but as yet unwilling to show up. I'b be afraid too I am pretty good up to 20 paces after that not so much. Maybe if I make it 25 it'll grow some nads hahaha.

Seriously though, if it doesn't make a difference at the end of the day why are you here? Do you know what happens to people when they die? What does your study of god tell you?

Honestly, I don't know how you can reason god exists because people hate it? That is a silly line of reasoning. I would say that more people love god that hate god so by your reasoning god doesn't exist. Is this a correct assertion? After all, most people in the world claim to hold a theistic view of the world than a non-theistic one. In answer to your other point. Christianity was a way to do away with the harsh rules of judaism. In actuality, the rules Jains live by is much more difficult to live by than the christian mantra of love thy neighbor. You should try just not believing if you want it to be a little bit easier. I don't and it seems to work for me. Peace. 

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I really don't have to defend god?

We don't believe in the tooth fairy or santa either, but then again, our government or various religious groups don't use them to try to impose their will on the rest of the citizenship like they use religion to do just that.  That's why we care.  Nice try.


Sakura.
Sakura.'s picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2008-08-04
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

From: ALKERTIS@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:49 AM
Subject: [General Question] Debate w kirk and ray

K.I. DUB sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I really dont have to defend GOD

 

Really? Then I don't have to defend Atheism  So why are we here then?

Tickling Sakura's Funnybone

thingy wrote:

David wrote:
Actually, thousands of people witnessed his existence on earth, and many testified to his existence in the pages of the Bible.

That's true, just as there's thousands of people who witnessed Harry Potter's existence on earth in the Harry Potter series of books.

mrjonno wrote:
I will drink to the Flying Spaghetti Monster and hope his appendages touch you in the most pleasurable of ways

HisWillness wrote:
Keep it in Your pants, saviour boy.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Sakura. wrote:So why are we

Sakura. wrote:

So why are we here then?

For funny emails.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


enzoconti
atheist
Posts: 91
Joined: 2007-11-20
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

From: ALKERTIS@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:49 AM
Subject: [General Question] Debate w kirk and ray

K.I. DUB sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I really dont have to defend GOD cause he doesn't need me to defend. I just
saw your debate and found both sides of the argument useless. You want a
reason GOD exist because in the bible it says people like you would hate
GOD. Really the whole world  hates GOD even self proclaiming christians who
say "yeah I believe" just to cover their bases deep down don't really care.
and so what. The part that make none believers sad to me is you debate
something you believe is stupid. I don't believe in the tooth fairy or
santa but you don't find me trying to debate or devoting a website to it.
End of the day you either believe or you don't. Deal with it. I don't know
where you will go when you die neither do ray or kirk, only GOD. Last
note.....If Christianity is  man made......why would I make a religon that
makes such harsh rules.....be easier to be a mormon with no hell at
all.......and I would rather believe in a GOD who I feel created all than
to believe in a bunch of dudes who are making a guess or a theory.
PEACE!!!!!!!

FU@##@%$!@@!!!**^%$ING @#@!$#@#@!@!!%&*&**!!!!!!

AAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!


Thomathy
SuperfanBronze Member
Thomathy's picture
Posts: 1861
Joined: 2007-08-20
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

From: ALKERTIS@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:49 AM
Subject: [General Question] Debate w kirk and ray

K.I. DUB sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I really dont have to defend GOD cause he doesn't need me to defend. I just
saw your debate and found both sides of the argument useless. You want a
reason GOD exist because in the bible it says people like you would hate
GOD. Really the whole world  hates GOD even self proclaiming christians who
say "yeah I believe" just to cover their bases deep down don't really care.
and so what. The part that make none believers sad to me is you debate
something you believe is stupid. I don't believe in the tooth fairy or
santa but you don't find me trying to debate or devoting a website to it.
End of the day you either believe or you don't. Deal with it. I don't know
where you will go when you die neither do ray or kirk, only GOD. Last
note.....If Christianity is  man made......why would I make a religon that
makes such harsh rules.....be easier to be a mormon with no hell at
all.......and I would rather believe in a GOD who I feel created all than
to believe in a bunch of dudes who are making a guess or a theory.
PEACE!!!!!!!

No, god doesn't need you to defend it, just to believe in it.  Any special reason it's one and not the other?  After all, something like god should be just fine even if you didn't believe in it.  Of course, god can't defend itself, can it?


 

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13658
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
I could sucker you into

I could sucker you into buying a lemon if I was a used car salesman.

Me, "I have this cream puff of a car, it's blue"

You, "What about the engine?"

Me, "Forget about the engine, IT'S BLUE"

You, "Ok...let me write a check".

 

You are absolutely right that you don't have to defend your magical sky daddy claim, but I myself don't buy a car simply based on "just because".

There are countless claims of deities throughout history and your myth is deserves as much weight as any other. When you understand why you reject claims of Thor making lighting, maybe you will understand why we don't buy your god claim either.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
grrrrrr

people dont debate the tooth fairy or santa because these two arent the cause of things like "god hates fags" ...the filthy bible (god) is.  the tooth fairy isnt the reason for suicide bombers.  santa isnt the reason behind idiots who let their children die because they refuse to take their children to the hospital and instead, hope for a miracle.

and so forth, and so forth...

 


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
The part that make none believers sad to me is you debate something you believe is stupid. I don't believe in the tooth fairy or
santa but you don't find me trying to debate or devoting a website to it.
End of the day you either believe or you don't. Deal with it.

Really? You see no way(s) in which religions impose values or <b>kill people</b> rather than adopting a tolerant standpoint? By nature, major religions are inherently intolerant and violent. They monger ignorance and hate all who do not believe. If a Santa worshipping cult started burning down churches and bombing civilians I think you might start a website or two devoted to how terrible it is.

 

Quote:
Last note.....If Christianity is  man made......why would I make a religon that
makes such harsh rules.....be easier to be a mormon with no hell at
all.......and I would rather believe in a GOD who I feel created all than
to believe in a bunch of dudes who are making a guess or a theory.

Writing a book does not a god make. If you choose to believe the inane superstitions of bronze aged Middle Eastern cattle herders over the scientific advances which have given rise to the very computer screen on which you are reading this, then I cannot reach you. You are beyond logic's jurisdiction. As for "hard rules," it would seem that multiple religions have such "hard rules." Explain to me why, assuming that one of them is "right," of course, that several are so hard. There you go, the onus is on you on all fronts.

Fuck religion.


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
From:

From: ALKERTIS@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:49 AM
Subject: [General Question] Debate w kirk and ray

K.I. DUB sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

KI DUB wrote:
If Christianity is  man made......why would I make a religon that
makes such harsh rules

Religion is regarded by the common people

 as true, by the wise as false, and by the

rulers as useful.

~  Lucius Annaeus Seneca

 


Sakura.
Sakura.'s picture
Posts: 13
Joined: 2008-08-04
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Sakura.

Sapient wrote:

Sakura. wrote:

So why are we here then?

For funny emails.

Oh yeah, I know ^^;

Sorry.  What I meant was that if this particular Theist feels that he does not have to defend his beliefs, then consequently we the Atheists are not obligated to defend our beliefs [or lack thereof].  Thus, his opening line "I don't have to defend god" can be countered with "I don't have to defend Atheism" and leaves us at a moot point.

Tickling Sakura's Funnybone

thingy wrote:

David wrote:
Actually, thousands of people witnessed his existence on earth, and many testified to his existence in the pages of the Bible.

That's true, just as there's thousands of people who witnessed Harry Potter's existence on earth in the Harry Potter series of books.

mrjonno wrote:
I will drink to the Flying Spaghetti Monster and hope his appendages touch you in the most pleasurable of ways

HisWillness wrote:
Keep it in Your pants, saviour boy.


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
But what about Free Will?

From: ALKERTIS@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:49 AM
Subject: [General Question] Debate w kirk and ray

K.I. DUB sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I really dont have to defend GOD cause he doesn't need me to defend. I just
saw your debate and found both sides of the argument useless. You want a
reason GOD exist because in the bible it says people like you would hate
GOD. Really the whole world  hates GOD even self proclaiming christians who
say "yeah I believe" just to cover their bases deep down don't really care.
and so what. The part that make none believers sad to me is you debate
something you believe is stupid. I don't believe in the tooth fairy or
santa but you don't find me trying to debate or devoting a website to it."

I do not hate "God"-  I can not believe what I empirically do not believe exists. However , you are upset that I do not believe. WHY? If you believe your Bible, then you must do as your "Creator" did and allow free will. You do not have to like it. This would include allowing the existance of this website. The rules that you have chosen to believe seem irrelevant to me. I have ethics, compassion, intelligence , self control- with which of these do you have arguement? And I do this on my own- no Hell, no Heaven but because it is what is in me. All ME- All by myself by my own volition.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
I utterly despise "god of

I utterly despise "god of abraham". The small bit of obvious wisdom found in the 3 major religions of dogma are clever lures to attract the superstitious sheep. Religion is intentional wisdom pollution and worse than simply being an innocent error of ignorance. Religion is blasphemy to what we are, as all is connected, as all is gawed. 

                       Religion is Poison. Religion is the Enemy.

                             


Saul Burbridge (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
God doesn't need defense

God doesn't need defense huh? Well, for an omnipotent being he seems to be doing poor when it comes to defending himself. He hasn't provided any evidence for his existence, which is needed for a logical defense of himself, otherwise it is useless.

So until 'God' provides some evidence for his existence, you do need to find ways to defend him. Trouble is, there is no decent way to defend something without evidence.