I'm done with the [stickam room] rational response squad

SocratesOne
SocratesOne's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm done with the [stickam room] rational response squad

I'm sick of defending the ignorant fucks that make up a great number of the people in RRS. I'm done. I can't do it any more. Not that I even take part it in often, but last night I was booted from the chat room, and later people started "making fun" of my like I was back in the fucking 6th grade again.

If that's the kind of thing the RRS is doing, which seems to be the case more an more (evidence is building that this is just a juvinile "club&quotEye-wink, than seriously, fuck you.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
-- Seneca

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have no idea what you are

*SHRUGS*

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Can you provide a little more detail?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah Socrates,  I never

Yeah Socrates,  I never bother with chat so I am completely in the dark.   Can you elaborate more, please ?

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually, please do not

Actually, please do not elaborate. If there's some issue with the "core" members of RRS and you were unable to settle it with them, then it is time to leave.

However, squawking like this on your way out is as much an act of childishness as their "playing clubhouse".

I know I'm not in the least bit interested in rewarding that kind of behavior by giving it positive attention.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
There are some very

There are some very infantile contributions made on the forums too, and it seems that certain people are more apt to make them than others.

But that's about the score all round with internet messageboards and chat rooms, even those which are well moderated. Taking personal offence is a matter entirely up to yourself, and I neither know nor care very much about what might have happened in the chat room, but my own attitude is that the main function of this site outweighs in importance the inevitable trolldom, bickering, and plain nasty insulting behaviour it sometimes attracts, even on the odd occasion when that behaviour might be directed against me.

Incidentally, I've even been taken aback sometimes by the childishly vulgar and outright "insulting for the sake of insult" remarks made by the site founders on occasion, but to let that detract from the valuable amenity they run (and run generally very well) would be just silly.

A more serious criticism of that behaviour is that it makes any half-witted delusional contributor appear urbane and reasonable in comparison simply if he or she refuses to sink to that level of impoliteness, and since this is a form of publishing medium in which such juxtaposition of attitudes on the forums remains on the record for all who care to see it and for as long as the site lasts, then it is even more a shot in the foot than similar transgressions of common sense in a chat room (where the record tends to disappear a lot faster).

So my advice would be to hang around and contribute, but don't be suckered into "defending" a fellow atheist who you find needlessly offensive. Keep it real.

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nordmann wrote:There are

Nordmann wrote:

There are some very infantile contributions made on the forums too, and it seems that certain people are more apt to make them than others.

But that's about the score all round with internet messageboards and chat rooms, even those which are well moderated. Taking personal offence is a matter entirely up to yourself, and I neither know nor care very much about what might have happened in the chat room, but my own attitude is that the main function of this site outweighs in importance the inevitable trolldom, bickering, and plain nasty insulting behaviour it sometimes attracts, even on the odd occasion when that behaviour might be directed against me.

Incidentally, I've even been taken aback sometimes by the childishly vulgar and outright "insulting for the sake of insult" remarks made by the site founders on occasion, but to let that detract from the valuable amenity they run (and run generally very well) would be just silly.

A more serious criticism of that behaviour is that it makes any half-witted delusional contributor appear urbane and reasonable in comparison simply if he or she refuses to sink to that level of impoliteness, and since this is a form of publishing medium in which such juxtaposition of attitudes on the forums remains on the record for all who care to see it and for as long as the site lasts, then it is even more a shot in the foot than similar transgressions of common sense in a chat room (where the record tends to disappear a lot faster).

So my advice would be to hang around and contribute, but don't be suckered into "defending" a fellow atheist who you find needlessly offensive. Keep it real.

Well put, Nordmann. I would further add we are only human, and as such fallible.  The point of evolution, if there can be said to be one, is to adapt and thus survive. One can't do that by willfully refusing to adapt to negative change. Just my two cents worth.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:*SHRUGS*I have no

aiia wrote:

*SHRUGS*

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Can you provide a little more detail?

This is what happens when you insist on calling the stickam conference room chat room "the Rational Response Squad."

Here is the chat log from his hypocritical (yeah, he's acting infantile) fit:

[8/2/2008 11:51:23 PM] socratesone says: You have to be careful about who you let in as admins.
[8/2/2008 11:52:06 PM] socratesone says: Please tell admins that that have to WARN people, IN TEXT, before they kick them from the room.
[8/2/2008 11:52:31 PM] socratesone says: It's fucking Saturday night and there are 6 people in the room because of some asshole admin.
[8/2/2008 11:52:41 PM] socratesone says: ...booting people without giving them any warning.
[8/2/2008 11:53:11 PM] socratesone says: I swear, every time I go in that chat room I get booted.
[8/2/2008 11:53:31 PM] socratesone says: I might be an asshole, but I'm not THAT MUCH of an asshole, you know what I mean?
[2:58:15 AM] Brian Sapient says: i don't run that room now, stickam closes the room upon inactivity, and someone else just has the balls to open it
[2:58:22 AM] Brian Sapient says: im not even a mod if i go in
[2:58:32 AM] Brian Sapient says: it's bullshit really
[2:58:34 AM] Brian Sapient says: sorry
[2:58:42 AM] Brian Sapient says: if u can figure it out let me know
[2:58:47 AM] socratesone says: I guess I'm just an asshole.
[2:59:07 AM] socratesone says: I don't understand why I'm ostrocized from the atheist community.
[2:59:29 AM] socratesone says: But it only seams to be from "rational response squad"
[3:00:29 AM] Brian Sapient says: nope, [it's] not even me
[3:00:35 AM] Brian Sapient says: nobody has my password anymore
[3:00:41 AM] Brian Sapient says: just me
[3:00:47 AM] Brian Sapient says: and i haven't been in room for months
[3:00:49 AM] socratesone says: I can figure out that RRS is a buch of fucking assholes.
[3:01:23 AM] Brian Sapient says: or that someone who doesn't likes rrs devised something to fuck with rrs
[3:01:28 AM] Brian Sapient says: i have no clue
[3:01:40 AM] socratesone says: Maybe RSS has become its own worst enemy?
[3:01:56 AM] Brian Sapient says: no
[3:02:07 AM] socratesone says: Maybe you allowed people to represent RRS that don't represent the values that you hold?
[3:02:15 AM] Brian Sapient says: are you hearing me?
[3:02:33 AM] Brian Sapient says: someone else set up the room without my permission
[3:02:40 AM] Brian Sapient says: it could be a christian for all i know
[3:02:52 AM] Brian Sapient says: but i wouldn't assume, i'm a skeptic
[3:02:57 AM] Brian Sapient says: and u?
[3:17:58 AM] Brian Sapient says: ok, i just went to the chat room to check in, mr gawn says he spoke to you in skype for 30 mins about it, you should've provided that detail
[3:18:30 AM] Brian Sapient says: he says you were booted for playing sound clips through the room, then coming back and cursing everyone out or something
[3:19:08 AM] Brian Sapient says: anywho... just stick to the forums if you want moderation from people who are actually monitored, that room is not monitored by rrs

Quote:
Actually, please do not elaborate. If there's some issue with the "core" members of RRS and you were unable to settle it with them, then it is time to leave.

No issue with the core members.  We don't frequent the chat room that he insists on calling "RRS."  He posted his goodbye post well after he was told to stick to the forums.  As you can see by his 35 posts, he doesn't really spend much time at the actual RRS. 

I think Bumbklaat and Mr Gawn are cool, but they basically run the show over there.  And I don't get my panties in a wad if they run it differently than I would.  Neither should Socratesone. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Seems like he wasn't even

Seems like he wasn't even reading.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Seems like

MattShizzle wrote:

Seems like he wasn't even reading.

Except he was reading.  So where do we take our assessment from there? 

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
The Rational Squad ( sometimes rationalsquad)stickam room

At one time the rational Squad stickam chat room was

hosted and moderated by the core members of the Rational Response

Squad however as we know things change over time.

The core members have neither had the time nor the inclination to

maintain the general chatroom called Rational Squad.

If not for a handfull of people who decided to keep the room alive,

the room would have dropped out completely due to lack of

interest and very frequent stickam crashes ( stickam is BUGGY).

The name and password of the room was kept so people could still get together

as a bunch of atheists who happen to enjoy each others company.

The stickam room does not necessarily represent the views or behavior

of the Rational Response Squad.

If You're inclined to go to the stickam Rational Squad, just relax .

It's neither formal nor chaotic nor even all that active. It's just some atheists talking to each other.

Hydra.

SocratesOne
SocratesOne's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here is what happened, from

Here is what happened, from my perspective:

I was in a chat for about 1/2 hour. Nobody was talking so I tried to keep the conversation going.

During the conversation, I remembered a clip that I thought would be of interest and was relevant to the discussion. I ask if it was OK to play the clip. Nobody objected. I played it and was immediately booted without warning.

After I was booted, I learned later that the people in the room decided that it would be a good idea to talk about how lame I am. I talked to Mr. Gawn in skype and he said that he agreed with me and I shouldn't have been booted when it was just him and me talking, but then I found out that he was talking shit about me in the chat room when I wasn't there.

I came into the room after the '1 hour ban' was lifted, asked why I was booted, and was told that I "was playing sound clips". This pissed me off, as it was not a characterization of what I was actually doing, and in the process of speaking my mind, I was booted AGAIN by these children.

This frustrated me to no end, and I was pissed off. I decided to send Sapient a message which in retrospect doesn't make any sense.

Look at this thread. Look at the messages. If you don't see the comments made here as childish, reactionary group-think,  then I guess the simplest thing I can say is that I disagree with you.

Last night really pissed me off, and I probably did say a few things that were beneath me, but I don't care. I'm actually sick of attempting to be civil in the face of people who just act like assholes.

I'm obligated to sit there an take it for fear of this kind of reaction in this thread? A bunch of people posting their 2 cents about how I shouldn't have a problem with it, or if I do have a problem, I shouldn't say it, or I should tell somebody, but I need to find the right person, or whatever else I did wrong. I got pissed and posted a message and all of a sudden everybody thinks its important enough to weigh in?

I've posted a lot of things on a lot of forum. What gets the most response? This! BULLSHIT DRAMA.

It gives you all the opportunity to get together and tell me what a dick I am.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
-- Seneca

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
attention whoring

Anyone who posts his or her departure from a messageboard forum is pathetically seeking attention...annonomous names creating drama is nothing unique to this messageboard...you want to leave...leave...if you have an issue with anyone in particular...take it up with them...otherwise, pour yourself a nice tall frosty mug of shut the fuck up juice, and play the Hank Williams Jr anthology until you blow your brains out.

No one cares.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
SocratesOne wrote:Look at

SocratesOne wrote:

Look at this thread. Look at the messages. If you don't see the comments made here as childish, reactionary group-think,  then I guess the simplest thing I can say is that I disagree with you.

I think your comments were weak as well, if we're keeping tabs... dare I say childish. 

Quote:
Last night really pissed me off

That's ashame, you weren't dealing with "THE RRS" and should hang out on the forums if you don't want to be booted for bullshit.

Quote:
and I probably did say a few things that were beneath me, but I don't care.

An apology instead of not caring would be the less childish tact.

Quote:
I'm actually sick of attempting to be civil in the face of people who just act like assholes.

You acted like an asshole in your first post.  You were told that the room doesn't directly represent rrs and then post a thread saying you're leaving RRS because of the chatroom that we don't run.  That pissed ME off.

Quote:
I'm obligated to sit there an take it for fear of this kind of reaction in this thread?

You didn't have to post the thread.

You didn't have to be so vague leading people to believe that Kelly, Rook, or I was involved.

You didn't have to visit the stickam conference room. 

Would you like me to delete the thread so you don't have to deal with this reaction?

Quote:
A bunch of people posting their 2 cents about how I shouldn't have a problem with it, or if I do have a problem, I shouldn't say it, or I should tell somebody, but I need to find the right person, or whatever else I did wrong. I got pissed and posted a message and all of a sudden everybody thinks its important enough to weigh in?

Why did you post a message if you didn't want people to weigh in?  That's the point of the forum... for people to weigh in.  Was your only intent to talk shit about us in a vague manner to make us look bad and have everyone shut up and bow to your whim?

Quote:
I've posted a lot of things on a lot of forum. What gets the most response? This! BULLSHIT DRAMA.

That's not accurate.  There were 11 total posts in this thread when you made this post. 

This thread started by you has 15 posts: http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/13664

This thread started by you has 66 posts.

You made it into bullshit drama, and you don't post that often here, let's keep your activity on other forums out of the equation.

Quote:
It gives you all the opportunity to get together and tell me what a dick I am.

I don't actually think you're a dick, I think you're not putting yourself in our shoes. 

EDIT - formatting issue - dead_again

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Anyone who

Rich Woods wrote:

Anyone who posts his or her departure from a messageboard forum is pathetically seeking attention...annonomous names creating drama is nothing unique to this messageboard...you want to leave...leave...if you have an issue with anyone in particular...take it up with them...otherwise, pour yourself a nice tall frosty mug of shut the fuck up juice, and play the Hank Williams Jr anthology until you blow your brains out.

No one cares.

Agreed Rich.  When I first left theism it was on Atheistnetwork.com.  It became a home for me.  I posted upwards of 3,000 posts per year.  It was where I developed my wings so to speak.  When I left, I left quietly, knowing that it would be silly to burn a bridge or seek attention for the action.  Here is how my departure is recalled...

" Brian aka Sapient - Was my favorite poster. It was only fitting that his semi-end wasn't a dramatic performance (like some on this list), but a quiet exit to tend to more important things."

Two years later, I decided to get back into the swing of things.  It was nice to know that I could still turn to the Atheist Network for advice and friendship, because I hadn't been a dipfuck.  Today the owner "Jake" is a close friend again.  We host http://www.prayerstojake.com for him and work on/host http://www.asktheatheist.com/ together.  And for the record Socratesone has a background in assisting one of our sister sites with html work.  He's not just some newbie who has no clue who we are or how the sites operate.

SocratesOne
SocratesOne's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Anyone who posts his

Quote:
Anyone who posts his or her departure from a messageboard forum is pathetically seeking attention

Possibly. I thought I was just pissed off and wanted to vent. However, if I DID want attention, this seems like a good way to get it. My point about the reactionary group-think that goes on here is obviously a valid one.

Quote:
pour yourself a nice tall frosty mug of shut the fuck up juice, and play the Hank Williams Jr anthology until you blow your brains out.

Amazing. You know, I hear people talking about what a bunch of assholes the RRS are, and I have defended the RRS. I hear how they are all childish and arrogant, and I have attempted to explain why this is an unfair mischaracterization. Even though I read things like this in the forums, and hear things like this in the chat room, I still defended them. I WANTED to believe that people like you are worth defending.

You saw this thread as a opportunity get a stab in, when you could have used it as an opportunity to show why I'm wrong, or simply ignore me altogether.

Quote:
No one cares

Obviously, you do care. You care enough to respond. You care enough to suggest I go kill myself and take the time to point out what a douche I am. However, you don't care enough to actually understand what my issue is. Instead, you exemplify my point and then claim that the point isn't valid.

-- Seneca

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
SocratesOne wrote:My point

SocratesOne wrote:

My point about the reactionary group-think that goes on here is obviously a valid one.

Or maybe everyone with a clue would be bound to think alike in this case.

Quote:
Amazing. You know, I hear people talking about what a bunch of assholes the RRS are, and I have defended the RRS. I hear how they are all childish and arrogant, and I have attempted to explain why this is an unfair mischaracterization. Even though I read things like this in the forums, and hear things like this in the chat room, I still defended them. I WANTED to believe that people like you are worth defending.

Why fight against something you know to be true?  Even though you read how arrogant we are, you argue against people who claim we are arrogant? 

Didn't know Rich Woods (who happens to be a cool dude) was "THE RRS."

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
The RRS

Well thank you Sapient...Nice words, and they are very much appreciated, and reciprocated.

It's amazing that after a whopping 37 posts that anyone claiming rationality could make any connection between me & the RRS....

Sorry Socrates...were you hoping for a "Oh please dont go...we need you and your superior intellect and keen insights?" It astounds me when people are so desperate for attention, they will even accept rejection, and when they receive it, they'll whine about  it.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich (whose contributions to

Rich (whose contributions to the RRS are as frequent as Elvis Presley World Tours once were), while I have your ear - great site man! I'm not sure how frequently you update your stuff there, but you've hooked another sucker .... sorry: You've found a new fan!

Send me a free copy of the book and I swear I'll generate Scandinavian interest in it (enough to allow you to retire in luxury before your 110th birthday at least) in about as little time as it took The King to reach his last venue (from toilet pan to floor - even with his bulk - not long at all I'd say!).

Oh, and congrats on the RRS venture too (the Rich Ravers Society). It's obviously confusing a few unfortunates because of its similarity acronymically to the Republican Rifle-owners & Sadomasochists website, but hey - no one said educating the masses would be a doddle.

MrGawn (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Why do people cry?

*Mr Gawn stands up from his throne*

Mr Gawn - I came into the rrs chat room and this guy was blareing some kind of comedy standup routine (david cross) directly into the room. It was very loud and since he has no idea what hes doing as a broadcaster he was echoeing as well. I asked him to mute vocaly and he didnt. i then groaned in an annoyed fasion and repeated my request, still nothing but a huge echo and a comedy routine with a decible level that could rival a NASA launch pad. Other members expressed discomfort as well, so one of them booted him and we felt it was the right move to make.

Apon his fresh boot, Socrates send me a pm via skype complaining and making accusations that i was the one that kicked him. I let him know that this was not true and clued him in on who it was. Let be known i also did agree that the boot was quick but there needed to be a resolution. I spoke with the member that kicked him. Usualy we do a "room vote" to kick if there is somebody that is acting rediculous, child-like or just trolling.

I then posted some of the text he sent to me through skype so they (the people of the room) could read directly from him what he was so mad about. I guess Socrates didn't like that, but people cry everyday and why should this one be any different.

He keeps mentioning that there was only 6 people in the room like that number matters. If you manage to bother everyone in the room should the number be relevant? 6 to 600 the entire room was annoyed and thats that. Besides he felt 6 memebers was enough to come back in the room, get on mic and yell into the room to bother the "insignificant 6" as if he was a mongoloid school marm. The number didnt seem to mean much to him then, did it?

I was being polite and extremely cordial with him on skype as well as  back in the room. but he was irate and acting like a madman all worked up after the issue had passed claiming that he had been kicked numerous times which wasnt true. He was kicked once and the other 2 times he left of his own god given free will (ahem, notice the clever pun). the more i tried explaining to him what was going on the angrier he became so he kept leaving all pissy and crying.

I feel we should all get together and have a pity/drama party for Mr socrates. maybe if we give him that kind of attention he can finaly be happy, and every member of the "insignificant 6" can feel fullfilled that we finaly did right by our master.

Now, ive tried to be nice and indeed being nice is very trying for me accomplish. But when you lie on me i will not stand up for you. You have become a cyst on the grey, unshaven armpit of self loathing and should learn to close your mouth when adults are speaking. And know now that your roll is in the same bed as all the other liars, pity seekers and undesireables until you appologize to me for your fraudulant claims and accusations.

i never had a problem with mr socrates until then. He broke one of the rules of the room (NO Broadcasting) and he was dealt with acordingly and thats that.

*slumps back down into his throne*

Ashie
Ashie's picture
User is offlineOffline
daddy that person kicked me

ok we (members of the rational squad room on stickam) have realized that this was certainly not the first complaint about the room that sapient doesn't even go into often. maybe a few months hiatus and stops in from time to time.

people get butthurt and run to daddy sapient and tells on what we do or say. people take the room like it represents the rrs, like the rrs represents athiests everywhere. nope. try again.

so we are finally going to do something about it. We are gonna ask everyone that frequents the room what they think we should do. Change the name but keep the same password, change the name with no password, leave everything like it is and continue watch people run to sapient and complain about shit that doesn't even concern him, and we are going to be open to ideas. We shouldn't have to do this, imo.

Sorry Brian. I'm sorry people run to you complaining about the room that you don't even run. lol. But the members of the chatroom will get this squared away prolly by tonight. and then hopefully you won't be interrupted anymore with petty complaints

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
I for one would rather not

I for one would rather not see this drama running over into these forums.

Having had my share of Skype, Stickam and Myspace PM's from people whining about "he said this" or "she said that" -->  It has left me with very little tolerance anymore. The OP's concern has me rolling my eyes.

Since the room isn't representative of the Rational Response Squad perhaps Ashie is right to ask if the room is to be left named as such or the password changed.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Ashie wrote:leave everything

Ashie wrote:

leave everything like it is and continue watch people run to sapient and complain about shit that doesn't even concern him

This is my vote.   There's no point in splitting up the circle of friends and segmenting people who enjoy the room because of a few people.

Those that know me well know I have tons of little checks and balances in place to see how well people think and act.  I like that people who don't think or act properly get weeded out in this manner. 

Quote:
Sorry Brian.

Don't be, it's cool.  We just wish we got modded up when we came for our 3 month visit.

Ashie
Ashie's picture
User is offlineOffline
modded

Sapient wrote:

We just wish we got modded up when we came for our 3 month visit.

you know how stickam is. Even if you did get modded, the room would crash prolly 2343432 more times before you visit again.. that or someone else recreated the room. and to be honest.. usually the creator of the room isnt paying attention to the room.. but left the name up so the room wouldn't delete itself. its a constant cycle. come in now, we'll mod you up Eye-wink

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
I see no need to change the

I see no need to change the name. If Stickam allows, perhaps greet the entering chatters with a "This is an unofficial chatroom..." disclaimer or something similar to avoid confusion. If Stickam doesn't allow that, don't worry about it.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Ashie wrote:come in now,

Ashie wrote:

come in now, we'll mod you up Eye-wink

Oh sure, so you can all make fun of me and shit, right?  I guess I'm an asshole.  Sticking out tongue

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poor Brian, he won't go to

Poor Brian, he won't go to that chatroom so he can avoid getting made fun of, only to be made fun of here Sad

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I haven't been there more

I haven't been there more than a couple times - todays the first I ever heard it's not actually affiliated with the RRS. I would say you should definitely change the name in that case - since it has the name and is linked to from here most people are going to believe it is run by the RRS.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Ashie
Ashie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Oh sure, so

Sapient wrote:

Oh sure, so you can all make fun of me and shit, right?  I guess I'm an asshole.  Sticking out tongue

well.. yea. what did you expect? Sticking out tongue

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I haven't

MattShizzle wrote:

I haven't been there more than a couple times - todays the first I ever heard it's not actually affiliated with the RRS.

It's affiliated in the sense that people that are part of this community, use it.  It's not however the "RRS" in that the moderation of the room isn't done by the same team, actions by mods in the chat aren't governed by Kelly, Rook, or I, and the room leadership can change hands quite frequently.

Quote:
I would say you should definitely change the name in that case - since it has the name and is linked to from here most people are going to believe it is run by the RRS.

The name will not be changing, but some standard rules and operating procedures are being devised by Ashie and will be on this site tomorrow so that people can be on the same page.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:The name will

Sapient wrote:
The name will not be changing, but some standard rules and operating procedures are being devised by Ashie and will be on this site tomorrow so that people can be on the same page.
So... you all have identified a problem, sought to understand it, and are now taking steps to mitigate if not eliminate it?

My, how childish of you lot! Eye-wink

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:My, how

JillSwift wrote:

My, how childish of you lot! Eye-wink

It's because I'm an asshole.  Oh also... I have a dry sense of humor, picked it up from a 7 year old friend I play hide and seek with.

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
This should make it easier in the future..

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Balrogoz

Fuck RRS!

Goodbye everyone, I'm going to leave this community because of you. Right now. After the last few weeks or so of posts (and the often aggressively and needlessly snarky comment storm that accompanies several of them), I feel that I must leave this community. If I were a hacker, I swear to Goddess you people and your stupid forum would be down tonight and never come back. I am soooo outta here. I left highschool a long time ago i don't need to be back there.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Balrogoz wrote:

Goodbye everyone, I'm going to leave this community because of you. Right now. I THOUGHT THIS COMMUNITY WAS FULL OF LOVE BUT I SEE THEY ARE FULL OF HATERS AND PEOPLE WHO JUST COMMENT, JUST TO INSULT A FELLOW MEMBER. NONE OF YOU CAN READ HIGHER THAN A FOURTH-GRADE LEVEL! Bite me all you addle-pated pussiez!

(Auto-dramah!)

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Goodbye everyone, it's

Goodbye everyone, it's become clear that I can't post anything in this stupid forum without being the subject of ridicule and persecution without anyone even bothering to stop and wonder if they're being worse than the fluffies they pretend to despise. you are all assholes. If I were a hacker, I swear to Goddess you people and your stupid forum would be down tonight and never come back. Fuck off.

WTF is a fluffy? And to be more accurate they should add spelling errors. Still it's fun to mess with.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Goodbye everyone, IS THIS A

Goodbye everyone, IS THIS A GOOD ENOUGH CUT FOR ALL YOU HATERS???? I've enjoyed my time here...meeting a lot of you, but I simply find this community's rules too restrictive, and since I write what I feel, without regard to content (Is it sexist? Is it parental? Is it political? Is it, God forbid, all three??), this community will only end up stifling my originality, and I have no intentions of letting myself be censored in this way. Be happy with your commuinty of bitches, since you are the queen of them. I hope all you fat cows die. I will never post here again.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Goodbye everyone, I no

Goodbye everyone, I no longer feel welcome here, or that kinship I was searching for. Well I tried pleasing everyone and it's just waisting my time. Besides, the hunkdorkins don't work. Hello! (oops - algorithm glitch)

(Edit: Waisting time, I assume, is the time required for a non-American to assume the midriff proportions common to that country's average citizen.)

pyrokidd
Superfan
pyrokidd's picture
User is offlineOffline
Goodbye internet people,

Goodbye internet people, everyone else is leaving so for christ's sake I probably should too! Besides, I have to go back to school in about a week and there will be plenty of drama to deal with there.

this thread is too damn funny....

Nordmann wrote:

(Edit: Waisting time, I assume, is the time required for a non-American to assume the midriff proportions common to that country's average citizen.)

The snarky-ness is dripping from my computer monitor......

"We are the star things harvesting the star energy"
-Carl Sagan

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The snarky-ness is

Quote:

Switch to linux. It comes with a free wetwipe.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nordmann wrote:Quote:The

Nordmann wrote:

Quote:

Switch to linux. It comes with a free wetwipe.

OH! You got a come-back AND a Nordic reference in there! I abase myself at the feet of your mighty wit.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
SocratesOne wrote:I'm sick

SocratesOne wrote:

I'm sick of defending the ignorant fucks that make up a great number of the people in RRS. 

Good, coz you suck at it.

I gotta get a credit card again so I can start paying monthly dues, I miss doing that.... thanks for inspiring me to start sending the RRS cash again.

- Chris

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey

Fuck all of ya's....now that your all gone I am staying Sticking out tongue