This website is disgusting, ask god to touch your heart! [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
This website is disgusting, ask god to touch your heart! [YOU RESPOND]

From: cagney@eco-time.com
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 10:23 AM
Subject: [Defend my God!] Disgusted

cagney sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

This is a disgusting website! It is because of websites like this and the
people who create it that the world is falling apart! You will regret the
decision to deny your maker. If you are so against God do yourself a favour
and go to church a couple of times. Ask him to open your heart and let you
feel his presence. Ask him to touch you in the deepest part of your heart.
You have nothing to lose! If you come out of church untouched then the
choice is yours! God exsists and he is very real! His love is so fulfilling
and comforting. He is the one that made you! He knows your thoughts and
wants you to reach out to him so he can take all your pain away! Take the
challenge go to church and see what you get out of it - I know it will be
life changing!

God be with you

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
So we should believe that

So we should believe that non belief in god is causing the world to fall apart, not that fact that muslims have attack a "christian nation" because of the "christian nation" meddling in the middle east and the fact that the some followers of the muslim faith view christians as infidels? This religious view of the world has nothing to do with it, the fact that greed of the christian nation with a majority christian has nothing to do with it's own down fall? Or that fact that the leader of this chrisitan nation prays and follows god's word and what god tell him to do? No it is non belief in god that has caused this....your an idiot. Website like this allow people of various beliefs and non beliefs to come and have open discussions about various topics, from science, politics and religious views, all without the necessity of violence. Just open discussions....so this is leading the world down, not ancient backwater beliefs, that led the world into the dark ages...no non belief does...ok....yeah. Oh and I have gone to church..yeah god didn't do anything...shocking enough it's hard for something that doesn't exist to actually be able to affect the real world. There is no love, there are people wanting to fell loved, people wanting to belong to something, people afraid of death, but I already have love, I have a sense of belonging and I am not afraid of death at all.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
You do realize many of us

You do realize many of us have been to church - many of us were Christians. Things that don't exist can't touch you - and if someone touched your heart it would likely be fatal.

 

"Where did God touch you? Was it a bad touch? Show on the doll where Jesus touched you!"

 

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
God, touch my

God, touch my heart!

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...Nope. Didn't work.

Did somebody break God?


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:This is a disgusting

Quote:

This is a disgusting website!

Thank you for your opinion. At present it stands as precisely that: A worthless opinion.

Quote:

It is because of websites like this and the
people who create it that the world is falling apart!

Funny, we would say the same about you.

Quote:

You will regret the
decision to deny your maker.

Do you have anything to say in defense of that statement? Because as it stands now it is just a worthless appeal to fear.

Quote:

If you are so against God

Against God? Do tell, how can someone be against an entity whose existence they reject?

Quote:

Ask him to open your heart

It is no good appealling to my heart, for that is merely a pump. If you want my support, you must appeal to my mind, and by that I do not mean fears or emotions, as you have just done, but reason.

Quote:

and let you
feel his presence

That sounds somewhat like molestation.

Quote:

Ask him to touch you in the deepest part of your heart.

This would probably induce fatal cardiac arrest

Quote:

You have nothing to lose!

True.

Me: Hey, God? You there?

Quote:

God exsists and he is very real!

Unsubstantiated assertion.

Quote:

His love is so fulfilling
and comforting

Unsubstantiated assertion

Quote:

He is the one that made you!

Unsubstantiated assertion

Quote:

He knows your thoughts and
wants you to reach out to him so he can take all your pain away!

My pain away? I'm not in any pain. I am just fine, thank you.

Quote:

God be with you

May the 1.4 kg of matter between your ears one day be with you.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Did

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Did somebody break God?

 

He was busy touching me.  I am totally pissed he keeps going for the ass. 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
So what's with all these

So what's with all these being added today. And why are most of them from idiots?


Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
Posts: 333
Joined: 2007-08-04
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:So what's

MattShizzle wrote:

So what's with all these being added today. And why are most of them from idiots?

For the most part it takes an idiot to believe this crap.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:So what's

MattShizzle wrote:

So what's with all these being added today. And why are most of them from idiots?

Just spending a month weeding through the thousands upon thousands of pieces of mail.  You should see some of the emails we're not even posting.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Just spending

Sapient wrote:
Just spending a month weeding through the thousands upon thousands of pieces of mail.  You should see some of the emails we're not even posting.
What, you mean this is the cream of the crop?

*facepalms*

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
DOOOOD!!

Sapient wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

So what's with all these being added today. And why are most of them from idiots?

Just spending a month weeding through the thousands upon thousands of pieces of mail.  You should see some of the emails we're not even posting.

You should set up a section just for those precise e-mails (no need to be able to respond to them just let us poor folks see it Sticking out tongue) After all if this is the cream of crop.....I just have to see the rest


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Quote:From:

Quote:

From: cagney@eco-time.com

This is a disgusting website!

Thanks we try.

Quote:

It is because of websites like this and the people who create it that the world is falling apart!

It is where? Hurry someone quick get some crazy glue!

Quote:

You will regret the decision to deny your maker.

I know who made me, mom and dad. Or were you our mailman?

Quote:

If you are so against God do yourself a favour and go to church a couple of times.

Why are they having target practice.

Quote:

Ask him to open your heart and let you feel his presence. Ask him to touch you in the deepest part of your heart.

Oh you're that kind of sicko.

Quote:

You have nothing to lose! If you come out of church untouched then the choice is yours!

I already have come out of church untouched, when I was an acolyte I held the priest off with my ceremonial candle lighter because he tried to touch me.

Quote:

God exsists and he is very real! His love is so fulfilling and comforting. He is the one that made you! He knows your thoughts and wants you to reach out to him so he can take all your pain away!

That's what the priest said as he tried to touch me, he was so filling.

Quote:

Take the challenge go to church and see what you get out of it - I know it will be life changing!

I already successfully escaped why would I want to be endangered again?
 

 

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
Posts: 235
Joined: 2008-07-21
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

From: cagney@eco-time.com
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 10:23 AM
Subject: [Defend my God!] Disgusted

cagney sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

This is a disgusting website! It is because of websites like this and the
people who create it that the world is falling apart! You will regret the
decision to deny your maker. If you are so against God do yourself a favour
and go to church a couple of times. Ask him to open your heart and let you
feel his presence. Ask him to touch you in the deepest part of your heart.
You have nothing to lose! If you come out of church untouched then the
choice is yours! God exsists and he is very real! His love is so fulfilling
and comforting. He is the one that made you! He knows your thoughts and
wants you to reach out to him so he can take all your pain away! Take the
challenge go to church and see what you get out of it - I know it will be
life changing!

God be with you

cagney wrote:

This is a disgusting website! It is because of websites like this and the
people who create it that the world is falling apart!

You can't be serious, right?

I mean, the internet has only been available to the public since the early 90's and, what with wars and holocausts and inquisitions and famines and plagues and slavery etc. ,  I don't recall such a wonderful world prior to that.

In addition to that this site and others that advocate rational thought are in a very small minority in comparison to the super-abundance of religious websites.

cagney wrote:

You will regret the decision to deny your maker. If you are so against God do yourself a favour
and go to church a couple of times. Ask him to open your heart and let you
feel his presence. Ask him to touch you in the deepest part of your heart.
You have nothing to lose!

Why would I regret a decision to deny my maker, assuming there is one? If I had a child who turned away from me and denied me and refused to worship and adore me I would still love him. I would still welcome him back at any time. I would not insist that he love me above all others or else. I would not coerce him with fear of me, my wrath and possible everlasting damnation.

As I see it your god does not measure up to even an average human being when it comes to compassion.

cagney wrote:

Ask him to open your heart and let you
feel his presence. Ask him to touch you in the deepest part of your heart.
You have nothing to lose!

Imagination IS a powerful thing but, no, I do have something to lose.

Something called self-respect. Something called sanity. Something called honesty.

Speaking for myself, I am no longer capable of imagining I am speaking to and being heard by an imaginary being. It just isn't going to work. The illusion has been shattered. It is a cop-out to me. It is the ultimate tempation and crutch. It is delusion. It is irrational, unreasonable and unacceptable. It is trading reality for a false sense of special meaning and comfort and security. It is dangerous, literally, in that once you get into this mindset your imagination can run away with you. People do all sorts of things because god "told" them to. Bad things. People sometimes don't do what they should, like take their child to a doctor, because they imagine a deity judging their faithfulness. Some people imagine that a tiny minority are oppressors of the vast majority and cause the world to fall apart with a few websites that they disagree with Smiling . God delusion may and often does bring some semblance of joy but ultimately it is a horrible mind trip and waste of a human lifetime, particularly when much of that lifetime is spent trying to sell the delusion to others or spread the joy of delusion to others. To me if their is an evil in the world it is the deluded imagination, and typically, although not always, it is a religiously deluded imagination.

 

Beyond all that there is no evidence that belief or religion make for a better, more moral or ethical society. The U.S, for example, has one of the highest church attendance rates amongst developed countries. Surely we have more churches than any other country. A very high percentage of US citizens call themselves Christian.

On the other end of the spectrum is a country like Japan. Least religious amongst devleoped countries.

Comparing these two countries it can be said that morality is inversely proportional to religiosity.

The U.S. has, by FAR, more murders, more violent crimes, more prisoners (who are mostly christian), more rape, more teenage pregnancy, more drug abuse, more divorce etc. while Japan has the LEAST in all of these categories.

If morality and ethics are any way to measure, then Christianity seems to be an utter failure.

 

Well, gotta go...

Reason be with you!

 

 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:Sapient

latincanuck wrote:

Sapient wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

So what's with all these being added today. And why are most of them from idiots?

Just spending a month weeding through the thousands upon thousands of pieces of mail.  You should see some of the emails we're not even posting.

You should set up a section just for those precise e-mails (no need to be able to respond to them just let us poor folks see it Sticking out tongue) After all if this is the cream of crop.....I just have to see the rest

 

If you are a member of the ffrf or can get some issues of Freethought Today - try reading their nutmail.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:If you are

MattShizzle wrote:
If you are a member of the ffrf or can get some issues of Freethought Today - try reading their nutmail.
That's still filtered, you know there's no way to post every last twaddlin' idiots micro-tirade.

I'd like to see some of the "bottom of the barrel", just to see how far down it can really go.

 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:"Where did God touch

Quote:

"Where did God touch you? Was it a bad touch? Show on the doll where Jesus touched you!"

This reminds me of the Family Guy version of "Touched by an Angel".

Prosecutor: Now, where exactly did the angel touch you?

Crying little boy: [points to between the legs of doll] Here.

Angel: Aw, come on! Who are you gonna believe? I've got a freakin' halo!

 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

! It is because of websites like this and the
people who create it that the world is falling apart!

By people who create it you mean atheists? Like the people who make 93% of America's scientists,who make all those discoveries helping make life easier and better? Or the minority in American prisons, or the group which holds some of the world's largest charity benefactors. Do you mean the atheists that donated blood in the blood drive, or those people that don't hate others because they want to marry their own gender.

Ugh you're right, we're pretty terrible people.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:May the 1.4

deludedgod wrote:
May the 1.4 kg of matter between your ears one day be with you.

Why is it that suddenly our recent mention of microcephaly comes to mind?  I can't for my life find a clear cut case for a causal link between brain size and g, but I do recall seeing rather definite correlations between gray matter volume and g.  Perhaps a hypothesis is forming in my brain...

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


AmericanIdle
Posts: 414
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
Quote:This is a disgusting

Quote:
This is a disgusting website! It is because of websites like this and the people who create it that the world is falling apart!

No, I believe any falling apart is due more in part to people who intentionally deceive & manipulate others into believing idiotic propositions about non-existent deities... oh, and also persons who are foolish enough to believe these propositions w/o expending any effort to question them. 

Quote:
You will regret the decision to deny your maker.

DNA ?  Adults shouldn't need to pretend that an omnipotent father figure created them.

Quote:
Ask him to touch you in the deepest part of your heart.
  You religious just can't seem to lay off the touching the deepest parts of another's organs.  I just hope you have the good sense to keep this touching to adults.  So few of you seem able to.  
 

Quote:
God exsists and he is very real!

Said every religious moron throughout history about hundreds of different incompatible "gods".  But it's different when YOU say it huh ? 

Quote:
Take the challenge go to church and see what you get out of it -

I was able to avoid the rampant molestation of vulnerable children...let's see grateful for that.. ended up giving my hard earned $$ to con men who used it for expensive personal cars, shady real estate deals and  the occasional hooker.  i didn't get much pleasure out of that..

had to endure fake people who spend very little time thinking for themselves when they bother thinking at all.. didn't like that.

Had to endure con men who pretended to heal people for $$ and to inflate their own ego.  I could have laughed at that if it weren't so tragically sad.

Had to endure intentional brainwashing, which stunted my growth there for awhile and threatened to keep me a perpetual adolescent for my entire life, but i managed to break free of that & become a somewhat decent human being.  

i'd say the best thing I got out of that was... ...getting out of that. 

May independent thinking be with you.. for the 1st time in your life.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Hey, it's me Jesus, a

Hey, it's me Jesus, a buddha, you know, the "one with god" dude, just as many other such messengers, and I tell you, RRS is spreading the "good word" about god.

You religious idol worshipers just got your god definition all fucked up .... You are god, dumb asses .... No No, god of abe etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc is bull shit .... All is god, no master .... all is ONE.   Real Hippies know .... 

    The Jesus of Xains is godless, blind, sick idol worship.

            Hippies Song - Dick McCormack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HIWCZxgxPk

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13539
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

From: cagney@eco-time.com
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 10:23 AM
Subject: [Defend my God!] Disgusted

cagney sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

This is a disgusting website! It is because of websites like this and the
people who create it that the world is falling apart! You will regret the
decision to deny your maker. If you are so against God do yourself a favour
and go to church a couple of times. Ask him to open your heart and let you
feel his presence. Ask him to touch you in the deepest part of your heart.
You have nothing to lose! If you come out of church untouched then the
choice is yours! God exsists and he is very real! His love is so fulfilling
and comforting. He is the one that made you! He knows your thoughts and
wants you to reach out to him so he can take all your pain away! Take the
challenge go to church and see what you get out of it - I know it will be
life changing!

God be with you

If you would stop sniffing the magical glue for a second, you might understand that we have heard this argument from every label. Take a number and stand in line, you are not the first to pull the lame emotional appeal crap, and you are not the only religion that does.

This is NOT about YOU and it is NOT about hating anyone or anything. It is about rejecting absurd claims for lack of evidence. For the same reason you'd rightfully reject claims of Thor making lighting, we reject your deity claim as well. There is nothing emotional or personal about looking at a claim and examining it.

So drop the self centered attitude that you got it right and your daddy in the sky is the only claim in the world. Humanity has invented fictional beings long before written history and new claims pop up all the time. "I know if you just believe" is nothing but YOU sniffing magical fictional glue because you like the feeling it gives you. That is not evidence of anything.

If you want to impress us, and you are more than welcome to try, don't use 101 arguments. Back up what you claim without emotional appeals. If you don't convince us, we wont hate you, we simply wont buy what you claim. We don't do it with claims of vampires or Big Foot, and we wont give you any special treatment either.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
It doesnt surprise me that

It doesnt surprise me that you dont believe in God and the first thing that comes to your mind when I talk about "touching" is a filthy thought! It is clear that your mind is filled with filth! My guess is that you probably cant have a decent relationship with a women. Be it your mother or wife or daughter. In actual fact you probably dont have a decent relationship with any one!

There is however still hope for you but only if you turn to God! I pray God washes you clean of the dirt of the world and opens your eyes to the truth!

God bless you and be with you!

 

 


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
No one can break God!

No one can break God! Without realising it you have called on God and he will respond! I pray that your ears and eyes are opened so that you can see the work of God's hands in your life! When you are at your lowest with no one to turn to remember he is always there. He is waiting for you to invite him into your life!


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
No opinion is worthless -

No opinion is worthless - not even yours! What is worthless is the life you are leading without your creator!

The world is falling apart because nobody cares - like you! You have no regard for the people in this world! You do what you want because it benefits you! When you have God in your life you do what you can do to benefit others and that makes the world a better place!

A worthless appeal to fear is to fear man - criminals! You fear right down to your soul when you hear a noise in the middle of the night or when you walking down a dark alley and you have to look over your shoulder. I fear I wont be with my father for eternity! Its not a gut renching fear but a fear of love!

If God is so unbelievable then why is there thousands of websites trying to get people not to believe?

When I talk about your heart - I dont mean it literally! You have stated a very valid fact and that is that your heart is the pump of the body. It is what keeps you alive! So when I speak of your heart and tell you to ask God to touch it I mean it in the spiritual sense. If God touches your heart you will live!

Molestation is a thing of the devil! Because you dont have the Lord in your life you are allowing the devil to fill your mind with filth. This is the reason you would relate what I am saying to molestation!

God does exsist and he is real! Sounds like you are pretty intelligent - who do you think blessed you with that brain of yours? Do you think you are intelligent because you eat fish or read books? That does practise your brain but the Lord is the one the blessed you!

You say you not in any pain - but that is a lie! There is a gap in your life that you probably try and fill with alcohol or drugs or one night stands. You have just become numb to the pain! But it will catch up with you!

 

 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Wow, you are so full of shit

Wow, you are so full of shit and unsubstantiated claims. There is no god. Look into the statistics - about 14% of Americans do not believe in a god, yet fewer than .1% of prisoners are atheists. Nobody is more likely to commit a crime because they demand evidence before they believe something. If we didn't care about others we probably wouldn't be on this site. Why do so many theists ASS U ME that we wouldn't be here if we didn't really believe? If most Americans believed in the tooth fairy and considered brushing your teeth immoral - even some trying to make it illegal - made it difficult to see dentists and even threatened/killed dentists - made it  difficult to buy toothpaste and floss - where it could only be bought in pharmacies and some pharmacists refused to sell it - wouldn't you have a problem?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


anniet
Silver Member
Posts: 325
Joined: 2008-08-06
User is offlineOffline
"The world is falling apart

"The world is falling apart because nobody cares - like you! You have no regard for the people in this world! You do what you want because it benefits you! When you have God in your life you do what you can do to benefit others and that makes the world a better place!"

I am doing what I can to make thee world a better place.  I very much want my child to have more freedoms in life than I had, that is why I'm here.  I would posit that you do what you want because it benefits you, otherwise you wouldn't do it.  Finally, christians trying to control others does not show concern, but simply a desire to rule over others.

"A worthless appeal to fear is to fear man - criminals! You fear right down to your soul when you hear a noise in the middle of the night or when you walking down a dark alley and you have to look over your shoulder. I fear I wont be with my father for eternity! Its not a gut wrenching fear but a fear of love!"

Any rational person would be careful in an alley at night.  Christians live in fear - of hell, of breaking the rules, of pissing off the minister/priest/guy in charge, etc.  Leaving christianity allowed me to leave much of the fear I had of life behind.  Best choice I ever made.

"If God is so unbelievable then why is there thousands of websites trying to get people not to believe?"

Believe if you want.  You have the right to masochistic behavior.  Just don't tell me to believe.  I have yet to see an atheist site that does not hold this same position.

"When I talk about your heart - I don't mean it literally! You have stated a very valid fact and that is that your heart is the pump of the body. It is what keeps you alive! So when I speak of your heart and tell you to ask God to touch it I mean it in the spiritual sense. If God touches your heart you will live!"

Prove it.  Mushrooms and acid have done more for my spiritual awareness than some imaginary being (excepting the gnomes that live in the tree bark, they're interesting).

"Molestation is a thing of the devil! Because you don't have the Lord in your life you are allowing the devil to fill your mind with filth. This is the reason you would relate what I am saying to molestation!"

molest (mə-lĕst')   '; } // --> tr.v., -lest·ed, -lest·ing, -lests.

  1. To disturb, interfere with, or annoy.
  2. To subject to unwanted or improper sexual activity.

#1 definitely applies, so, yes, you are molesting me.

"God does exsist and he is real!"

Suppositions require proof.  Proof please.

"You say you not in any pain - but that is a lie! There is a gap in your life that you probably try and fill with alcohol or drugs or one night stands."

Yeah, that pain originated with my christian upbringing.  It took years, but I did finally get through it.  It's amazing to see the healing powers of rational thought.

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote:It is clear

Anonymous wrote:

It is clear that your mind is filled with filth!

<SNIP>


 

Yes, it is. Do you think your imaginary friend would give me a hand job or a blowie?

Anonymous wrote:

God bless you and be with you!

Is he/she going to put out or what? It's been 2000 years and still no new miracles. Or divine hand job/blowies....

 

Just saying....

 

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote:No opinion

Anonymous wrote:

No opinion is worthless - not even yours! What is worthless is the life you are leading without your creator!

The world is falling apart because nobody cares - like you! You have no regard for the people in this world! You do what you want because it benefits you! When you have God in your life you do what you can do to benefit others and that makes the world a better place!

A worthless appeal to fear is to fear man - criminals! You fear right down to your soul when you hear a noise in the middle of the night or when you walking down a dark alley and you have to look over your shoulder. I fear I wont be with my father for eternity! Its not a gut renching fear but a fear of love!

If God is so unbelievable then why is there thousands of websites trying to get people not to believe?

When I talk about your heart - I dont mean it literally! You have stated a very valid fact and that is that your heart is the pump of the body. It is what keeps you alive! So when I speak of your heart and tell you to ask God to touch it I mean it in the spiritual sense. If God touches your heart you will live!

Molestation is a thing of the devil! Because you dont have the Lord in your life you are allowing the devil to fill your mind with filth. This is the reason you would relate what I am saying to molestation!

God does exsist and he is real! Sounds like you are pretty intelligent - who do you think blessed you with that brain of yours? Do you think you are intelligent because you eat fish or read books? That does practise your brain but the Lord is the one the blessed you!

You say you not in any pain - but that is a lie! There is a gap in your life that you probably try and fill with alcohol or drugs or one night stands. You have just become numb to the pain! But it will catch up with you!

 

 

Your life is worthwhile because you have an Invisible Friend? You'll be in ecstasy when you find your security blanket, won't you Linus?

If the world is falling apart, it's due to you Christian types trying to push yuor apocalypse on the rest of us. Stop it will ya?

If God gave me intelligence, why are Christians trying to control school boards and textbooks to keep learning from happening? Man evolved the ability to learn and adapt and nothing you christians try to do can prevent that - sorry.

As to your pain/god sized hole thing - I was in more emotional pain when I was living as a Christian. Having experienced both, I'll keep the hole. 

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


anniet
Silver Member
Posts: 325
Joined: 2008-08-06
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote:No one can

Anonymous wrote:

No one can break God! Without realizing it you have called on God and he will respond!

 

If he would like to respond I am totally open to hearing from him.  I have a feeling I will be waiting a very long time though.

 

Anonymous wrote:
I pray that your ears and eyes are opened so that you can see the work of God's hands in your life! When you are at your lowest with no one to turn to remember he is always there. He is waiting for you to invite him into your life!

My ears and eyes work fine, well, for my age anyway.  I haven't heard or seen anything.  I bet you haven't either.  Belief in god led directly to the lowest moments in my life.  Realizing god does not exist and that christianity is a farce allowed me to begin the recovery process.

Ranting at people is fun and all, but what does it really get you?  What do any of you who are thinking of posting such statements really hope to accomplish?  Unless all you really care about is making yourself feel better for calling out the devil, I don't really get what you're trying to do here.

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.


amazing grace (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
dear sir or maam

 I have been to church every Sunday since I was just a baby. I'v been to catholic, and good ol' southern baptist services. I see the most depressing service in a catholic church, and the most uplifting in a baptist. But non will make me see what you see, or feel what you feel. I have looked to god for most of my young life, and I envy you for your relationship with god. I have done my part and I have immersed myself in your culture.  Now I ask of you, sir or maam, to give rationality a chance. It starts with the knowledge that we are human beings, gifted with imagination seperating us from all other mammals. This imagination has brought us to fear death to the point of creating a pretend world where the good will live with god, and the bad will be cast in a pit of fire. I choose to believe that death is not to be feared. Death is but a part of life, and we should not let the idea of death eat at us our whole life. There is so much more to life then a fear of something that will cast me out if I don't do what the bible says. Now I have no wish to convert someone so happy with their god. However I hope not to come on my peaceful, free thinking site,  and see someone so worked up to insult and put us down. This hurts me, as much as it would hurt you to see somebody telling you god is a figment of your imagination. My solution? Believe what ever you want, so long as you let me believe what I want. 


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:No opinion is

Quote:

No opinion is worthless - not even yours!

This claim is false. It is indeed possible for an opinion to be worthless if there is no rational justification in support of it. Your opinion, fulfilling this criterion, would therefore qualify as worthless.

Quote:

What is worthless is the life you are leading without your creator!

You are merely repeating the same unsubstantiated assertion that was in your previous post.

Quote:

The world is falling apart because nobody cares - like you!

This is an appeal to rhetoric fallacy combined with judgemental language and an ad hominen fallacy, it is also unsubstantiated. You are merely repeating the same unsubstantiated fallacious assertion that was in your previous post.

Quote:

You have no regard for the people in this world!

What is your basis for this claim?

Quote:

You do what you want because it benefits you!

As do we all. It is part of human nature.

Quote:

A worthless appeal to fear is to fear man - criminals! You fear right down to your soul when you hear a noise in the middle of the night or when you walking down a dark alley and you have to look over your shoulder. I fear I wont be with my father for eternity! Its not a gut renching fear but a fear of love!

This section is so verbally mangled I could scarcely decipher it, but it is apparent to me you completely misunderstood what I meant by appeal to fear. An appeal to fear is a logical fallacy also known as ad metum.

Argumentative form of ad metum:

P or Q

Q is fearful

P

This is what is meant by "appeal to fear", something you clearly do not understand. You have repeatedly commited this logical fallacy by basing your unsubstantiated assertions of the fearful consequences of not believing them (which means you are also committing an an consequentiam fallacy)

Quote:

If God is so unbelievable then why is there thousands of websites trying to get people not to believe?

This is a logical fallacy called equivocation. In this case, you assert (via a rhetorical question) that God cannot be "unbelievable" because many people "believe" in God and hence there are many websites attempting to convince people that God does not exist. Here, you've switched between two senses of "believe" and therefore created a fallacious argument. In the first sense (the definition used in the antecedant) "unbelievable" is not defined as the negation of belief. So to draw the conclusion "God cannot be unbelievable" from the premise "many people believe in God" is fallacious. There are plenty of "unbelievable" beliefs that people hold to. 

PS: The subject of your sentence was "thousands of websites", which is plural. "Why is there thousands" is not grammatically correct. There should be an are in place of is.

Quote:

When I talk about your heart - I dont mean it literally!

I know that. I was being sarcastic. This was evidently too difficult for you to detect. I was referring to the fact that appealling to my "heart" is not a rational appeal or justification. It is a combination of several logical fallacies including:

-Appeal to pity (your life is empty without God)

-Appeal to fear (it is fearful not to believe)

-Appeal to consequences (you will go to hell)

-Appeal to emotion (ask God to touch your heart)

Quote:

This is the reason you would relate what I am saying to molestation!

Incorrect. I was actually joking. Being that there was no substance to your assertions, there was little for me to refute. I was making fun of you for your complete lack of justification apart from logical fallacy, which of course is no justification at all.

Quote:

God does exsist and he is real!

You are merely repeating the same unsubstantiated assertion that was in your previous post.

Quote:

Sounds like you are pretty intelligent

This may be the first correct thing you have said in your entire post, indeed your last four posts. Well done.

Quote:

Do you think you are intelligent because you eat fish or read books?

I think I am intelligent for two reasons. The first is genetics. IQ is approximately 40% hereditary. The second is indeed that I read books as well as pursue other activities that help to stimulate the intellect including chess, mathematics and science.

Quote:

You say you not in any pain - but that is a lie!

Given that you are not in a position to make assertions about things about other people that could only be known via introspection on part of those people, your assertions is worthless. In this case, it is also false.

Quote:

There is a gap in your life that you probably try and fill with alcohol or drugs or one night stands

All this you have deduced solely from the premise that I am an atheist? I'd point out the logical fallacies again (appeal to spite, fear, emotion, judgmental language etc.) but by this point it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I point out that there are only three possible ways you could acquire a justificatory basis for making the claims you just did:

1. If you were me

2. You had access to my introspection

3. You knew me and/or had observed me committing these actions

Being that you fulfill none of these criteria, your assertions is unsubstantiated, and like most cases in the last post, false.

 

 

 

 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


Silly_Mommy
BloggerSuperfan
Posts: 79
Joined: 2008-08-10
User is offlineOffline
Where do I fit into all of this?

"It doesnt surprise me that you dont believe in God and the first thing that comes to your mind when I talk about "touching" is a filthy thought! It is clear that your mind is filled with filth! My guess is that you probably cant have a decent relationship with a women. Be it your mother or wife or daughter. In actual fact you probably dont have a decent relationship with any one!"

So what about me? I happen to be a woman, but I went there  (I can't help it; you made me chuckle). So you should be GLAD that I can't have a relationship with a woman, because that would make me a lesbian. Now you wouldn't want that, now would you?

"There is however still hope for you but only if you turn to God! I pray God washes you clean of the dirt of the world and opens your eyes to the truth!"

Actually, I use Dove. It's much less abrasive than the Evangelical Christian God, and let me tell you, that guy did nothing for my hair either. All weighed down with artificial assertions of veracity. (I'll be patient while you go look up what that means...)

"The world is falling apart because nobody cares - like you! You have no regard for the people in this world! You do what you want because it benefits you! When you have God in your life you do what you can do to benefit others and that makes the world a better place!"

See, I just don't know how you could know this. Do you personally know me? In fact, do you personally know any of the other posters on this board? Unless you're a stalker, then I don't see how you could know what you accused us of. I would really like to see proof of this last statement, because you're beginning to sound ignorant. Only the ignorant would makes claims of truth without having the proof to back them up. Oh, wait...

 


Yaerav
Bronze Member
Posts: 103
Joined: 2008-02-28
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote:(...)You

Anonymous wrote:
(...)You have no regard for the people in this world! You do what you want because it benefits you!

I wonder where that assumption comes from, but it would not surprise you if you do not know any atheists personally, and have been told by your minister that atheists are immoral and have little horns on their head and a tail.

Quote:
When you have God in your life you do what you can do to benefit others and that makes the world a better place!

Like invade Iraq because "God told you", for example? Or tell four year old toddlers what hell looks like, how they will be tortured there forever and that, by the way, their parents are evil witches?

Christians who I have seen use words like you are only interested in life after death- not in life on earth- you will make this place as miserable for everyone as, in your interpretation, your fairytale desires. "Make the world a better place"... yeah right.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Silly_Mommy    I love you

Silly_Mommy

    I love you .... thanks for your words. And as an old parent myself , some simple wisdom, obey the children .... I want what the kids want ....