RRS Love Connection

atheist.spirit
User is offlineOffline
RRS Love Connection

I'm so excited to be part of an online atheist community, I thought I'd see who's got the hook-up! w00t!

Seriously though, I have several questions:

1) who's found love with a fellow infidel here?

2) does the RRS have a dating/meetup/hookup service?

3) if not, am I the only one who thinks that would be a GREAT idea?

4) finall: a/s/l if u post in this thred!

Me: 29/m/Shreveport, LA

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
atheist.spirit wrote: I'm

atheist.spirit wrote:

I'm so excited to be part of an online atheist community, I thought I'd see who's got the hook-up! w00t!

Kelly and I were brought together because of the show.  Lori and Rook were also brought together because of the RRS community. 

Quote:
2) does the RRS have a dating/meetup/hookup service?

3) if not, am I the only one who thinks that would be a GREAT idea?

It's a good idea, and the few sites that have tried it remain very small and segmented.  I don't want to start one because it's already being done.  I wouldn't want to step on toes, and endorse even further segmentation of freethinking singles.

Try these sites:

http://www.freethinkermatch.com

http://www.freethinkerfinder.com/

With that said, you may all feel free to flirt and a/s/l in this thread all you want. 

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
hook ups, Yeah!!!!!

Actually my wife told me to stay away from dating services for some reason.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:      

Jeffrick wrote:

That's funny. She told me the same thing.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I wouldn't trust dating

I wouldn't trust dating sites either.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hermaphrodite/69/XanaduLol...

Hermaphrodite/69/Xanadu

Lol...I have a gf, but yes there are dating sites out there for such things and I would let each individual make their own choice on using them or trying to hook up with fellow atheists through this site. That is pretty cool that Brian and Rook found chicks through RRS and atheism activism, so whatever works man.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh realy

nigelTheBold wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Was that your wife telling you or mine?????????

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Advertising

I think I would have better luck if I put an ad in the paper, this area sucks.  And I wouldn't tolerate any theist, agnostic ...  or wanna be.

But good luck, you might need it if you use the internet for dating purposes.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
What we should really do is

What we should really do is charter a boat and do an atheist cruise...

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Yeah !!

geirj wrote:

The love boat !!    

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Jeffrick

nigelTheBold wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Aw hell.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
34/m/Bernville, PA

34/m/Bernville, PA

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
If anyone wants to say "I'm

If anyone wants to say "I'm in the RRS" to increase your chances of getting laid, that's ok with me.

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote:What we should

geirj wrote:

I fully endorse this idea. Now if I could get Brian on board...

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
kellym78 wrote:geirj

kellym78 wrote:

geirj wrote:

I fully endorse this idea. Now if I could get Brian on board...

Maybe to S. America and the Galapagos.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have picked up a couple of

I have picked up a couple of cyber stalkers along the way... does that count?

Seriously, though, I think it will become easier to find atheists in the years to come.  I suspect that freethinking dating sites will become obsolete when it becomes more and more acceptable to be atheist.  More atheists will admit it publicly, so match.com and sites like that will have more choices.

If it makes you feel any better about having a hard time finding someone, consider this.  A few years ago, I tried a couple of the online dating sites, and searched for exactly what I was looking for:  a reasonably young, reasonably attractive atheist woman with no children and no plans to have children, who also happens to be ok with not living together or getting married.

I'm sure you have some idea of how many hits I got.

Oh, and sorry ladies, but I'm dating someone.  I'm only accepting applications for mistresses and concubines at this point, and since I don't want children, concubines are pretty much out anyway...

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
29/f/Virginia

29/f/Virginia

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
41/m/Cleveland, OHMarried,

41/m/Cleveland, OH

Married, quite happily (at least this second time around).

But if you want to hook up, atheist.spirit, I'm a sucker for a southern accent. But no hanky-panky on the first date!

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Well i was part of match.com

Well i was part of match.com for a while (UK Version) and I always checked out the religion section (Yes I did put Atheist/Pastafarian). What I found remarkable at least in the UK was the vast majority of people put atheist/agnostic or couldnt care. Even weirder I ended up on date with  hindu nun!!!. She asked me out, I told her I was a militant atheist and said she enjoyed debate but it went about as well as you would expect

The few religious people were generally non-British citizens living here

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I was there a while - there

I was there a while - there were extremely few atheist women in my area. Never got one date there, either.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

pyrokidd
Superfan
pyrokidd's picture
User is offlineOffline
"stupid" girls

I think the main problem I have is not just necessarily finding an atheist girl but even a smart one around here. Maybe because I'm still so young. But it's not fun having to dumb down my conversations just to try and relate to someone, especially someone I'd want a relationship with. Could anyone honestly reassure me this will get better in years to come, or am I hopeless?

"We are the star things harvesting the star energy"
-Carl Sagan

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
20/f/Chicago Just kidding, I

20/f/Chicago

Just kidding, I have no use for online dating. I get hit on enough in real life, and I have enough trouble getting those people off my back.

Sorry atheist.spirit, but I'm already dating someone. Of course, he's on the other side of the country at the moment, but nonetheless. I'm only accepting applications for girlfriends or sugar daddies at this time. Preferably black or asian men, or really hot girls of any ethnicity - though I prefer brunettes over blondes, I'd be willing to make certain exceptions. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Can you post video of any

Can you post video of any encounters with other women?

greek goddess
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
pyrokidd wrote:I think the

pyrokidd wrote:

I think the main problem I have is not just necessarily finding an atheist girl but even a smart one around here. Maybe because I'm still so young. But it's not fun having to dumb down my conversations just to try and relate to someone, especially someone I'd want a relationship with. Could anyone honestly reassure me this will get better in years to come, or am I hopeless?

If I remember correctly, you're still in high school? All of high school is a shitshow of immaturity and retardedness. Don't worry, things will get better once you leave.

Funny though... when you get to college, the roles seem to reverse. The girls have actually matured, while guys still think it's funny to pop their collars, do horrible Napoleon Dynamite/Borat/comedy-of-the-year impersonations, and drink so much beer that after spending the night trying to impress you, they end it with you holding them up over the toilet. Really mature...

But in all seriousness, I understand what you're saying pyrokidd. Even living in a college town, intellectuals are more sparse than I expected. All I can say is that as you start to focus on more specific interests as you get older, you'll find people also interested in the same stuff. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
My first St Patricks Day

My first St Patricks Day after turning 21 I wound up puking on the bar.

I was in college and drank a shitload then. Interestingly, that semester I had the highest GPA my entire time in college.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Can you

MattShizzle wrote:

yeah, matt, i'm sure she'll get right on that.  wtf? 

greek goddess
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Can you

MattShizzle wrote:

Haha, unfortunately I don't have any videos at this time. But jake knows there are probably cell-phone videos floating around on the internet. 

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
atheist.spirit

atheist.spirit wrote:

I fell in love with myself, does that count?  Oh ok, I admit it.  I was already in love with myself, but I'm just so damned irresistable.

Moi: 29/m/Sydney.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

pyrokidd
Superfan
pyrokidd's picture
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote:If I

greek goddess wrote:

If I remember correctly, you're still in high school? All of high school is a shitshow of immaturity and retardedness. Don't worry, things will get better once you leave.

I hope you're right. I know plenty of adults though, I mean 30+ year olds with kids, that haven't seemed to grown out of it yet. Hell, some even latch on to the drama brought home from school by their kids. But at least I agree I have years to learn to avoid those people, and seek out the ones I'll like, so I'll try and remain optimistic.

MattShizzle wrote:

My first St Patricks Day after turning 21 I wound up puking on the bar.

I was in college and drank a shitload then. Interestingly, that semester I had the highest GPA my entire time in college.

There we have it, conclusive evidence alcohol boosts academic capabilities. I'm writing Scientific American asap. To be fair, many studies have been concluded on less research.

And of course...

shelleymtjoy wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

yeah, matt, i'm sure she'll get right on that.  wtf? 

In a small way this is what I meant by adults not quite changing, but I'll have to admit I'm currently resisting the urge to write some kind of lesbian sex joke/innuendo. Some things will never change. Some things don't need to change.

"We are the star things harvesting the star energy"
-Carl Sagan

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm

Well.  I am lucky enough to have found a fine man of atheist fire that does not want to get me knocked up.  It's pretty rad.  I found him on the match.com.  Go figure!

[edit] and for the record...I'd love to go on an atheist cruise!

Proper Gander
Proper Gander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nope, nothing. I'm not

Nope, nothing. I'm not exactly looking for something here either - I don't need to. I guess that's one of the benefits you get from living in Sweden. Smiling

20/m/Stockholm

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I was in

MattShizzle wrote:

I earned a 4.0 during my drunkest semester. 

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sugar Daddy eh?

greek goddess wrote:

20/f/Chicago

Just kidding, I have no use for online dating. I get hit on enough in real life, and I have enough trouble getting those people off my back.

Sorry atheist.spirit, but I'm already dating someone. Of course, he's on the other side of the country at the moment, but nonetheless. I'm only accepting applications for girlfriends or sugar daddies at this time. Preferably black or asian men, or really hot girls of any ethnicity - though I prefer brunettes over blondes, I'd be willing to make certain exceptions. 

How about, brown haired, latino, (more fair than the traditional latino as my family comes from Spain) in good physical condition, have a fair amount of money (ok a good chuck of it is tied up in my business but I get it back at the end of the year), well traveled to almost all the world (haven't hit Australia or Africa....yet) can speak 5 languages.....oh and doesn't mind spending money on a woman that is at least intellectually stimulating, and of course good looking, which you seem to fit the category....oh and must not mind trying new sexual adventures of all types and manners. You must also be willing to travel, maybe to Canada, maybe to Germany, or England, could be Japan or France, maybe Spain as well (have to help my cousin finish building his villa this year) or could be Argentina (help my uncle to install a security system in his winery), all expenses paid of course, just be prepared for anything and everything. How does that sound?

pyrokidd
Superfan
pyrokidd's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sign ME up.....heh

Sign ME up.....heh heh.........

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
so yeah, i'm officially

so yeah, i'm officially kinda quasi-attached at the moment. w00t!

but don't cross me off the list, k?. Eye-wink

entomophila
ScientistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Cruise

Atheist Cruise = AAI on the Queen Mary this Sept. Well, it's kind of a cruise!

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote:so yeah,

shelleymtjoy wrote:

so yeah, i'm officially kinda quasi-attached at the moment. w00t!

Sounds serious.

BrainFromArous
BrainFromArous's picture
User is offlineOffline
Boon Docks wrote:geirj

Boon Docks wrote:

geirj wrote:

The love boat !!    

The SkepShip

Boards don't hit back. (Bruce Lee)

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cruise?

An athiest cruise?...great Idea...my wife & I met on the Staten Island Ferry.

Half of the Lifestyles community are atheists... we're always open to engaging in some extra marital carnal knowledge...Should any ladies out there have desire for 2 1/2 minutes of averageness & mediocrity...I am your guy.

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
As stated earlier, several

As stated earlier, several sites have arose to bring together freethinking singles. A few years ago I thought of putting one together but decided against it since nobody would benefit from further segmentation.

As for me, I'm a single 23yo in Kentucky 

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
kentucky, huh?  that's not

kentucky, huh?  that's not too far. Eye-wink

greek goddess
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:How about,

latincanuck wrote:

How about, brown haired, latino, (more fair than the traditional latino as my family comes from Spain) in good physical condition, have a fair amount of money (ok a good chuck of it is tied up in my business but I get it back at the end of the year), well traveled to almost all the world (haven't hit Australia or Africa....yet) can speak 5 languages.....oh and doesn't mind spending money on a woman that is at least intellectually stimulating, and of course good looking, which you seem to fit the category....oh and must not mind trying new sexual adventures of all types and manners. You must also be willing to travel, maybe to Canada, maybe to Germany, or England, could be Japan or France, maybe Spain as well (have to help my cousin finish building his villa this year) or could be Argentina (help my uncle to install a security system in his winery), all expenses paid of course, just be prepared for anything and everything. How does that sound?

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner...

I love to travel actually, so that's not a problem. I have yet to go south of the Equator though, despite all the places I've been so far. Tell me more about these "sexual adventures..."

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
23/M/Alberta ...Online

23/M/Alberta

...Online dating is a curious thing. I've browsed dating sites and gave it a shot; in my experience, most dating sites just wind-up being another Facebook or MySpace. I don't think there's anything inherently flawed with the process (many of them are simply rich with features and content, which is awesome) - but the fact that it's an internet venue simply lends it a different perception. Girls hop on to chat, gossip and try out a new vehicle for socializing, while guys get on to butt heads and jockey for social positions.

The 'dating' part of the dating sites becomes a sort-of accessory; an amusing and useful tool that, in the end, just collects dust.

Err... I don't have much to post-up as a profile right now. :P I'm living in my parent's basement (...How stereotypical, eh?), working on an involved writing project, and as much as I would enjoy the company a relationship would bring, I'd have to honest and say I'm not sure it would be the best of ideas right at present (unless you enjoy being neglected in favor of my word processor for the better part of the day, and getting rather creative as far as sharing what is a very, very small bed is concerned. Sticking out tongue )

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess

greek goddess wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner...

I love to travel actually, so that's not a problem. I have yet to go south of the Equator though, despite all the places I've been so far. Tell me more about these "sexual adventures..."

Well to say the lest I am open minded, and have and will try almost anything once (there are always limitations and lets admit we all for the most part know them) Karma sutra is my bible, i have really no problem with sexual experimentation, what ever you want to try, I am usually game for (which most of my ex's have consider the most redeeming quality I have apparently) and location usually not a problem if your a public type of person, planes , trains and automobiles are always fun locations, then again so are so many other locations, beaches, forests (yeah we have a few up north) the mountain range, hell I don't care where as long as your enjoying it, trust me I  am enjoying as well.

However with that all said, I know you have mentioned you have a man, which as always is a crying shame, but doesn't shock me as a beautiful woman like you, if you wheren't taken, I would be amazed. However if your not married, well it's your choice, I like women that know what they want, and are smart enough to get it as well. Oh and if we ever met, don't mind me staring at ya....I am probably just counting the ways you are beautiful (yeah I know it's cheesy Sticking out tongue)

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hurontario is a short st.

latincanuck wrote:

greek goddess wrote:

20/f/Chicago

You make yourself sound so good,  have you ever paddled on the other side of the canoe, I like to travel and I live just down the street.

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Scrolling

Why is this thread making me scroll again ?  Hard to read and not fun anymore.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:latincanuck

Jeffrick wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

greek goddess wrote:

20/f/Chicago

You make yourself sound so good,  have you ever paddled on the other side of the canoe, I like to travel and I live just down the street.

Nope, never been interested, I have many friends that play for the same team (both male and females) but me, I love women too much damn it, it's both a curse and a boon.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
atheist.spirit wrote:1)

atheist.spirit wrote:

15/m/holland. Currently dating a christian. No doubt my evil, corrupting influence will turn him atheist soon enough.

mr804
Special AgentSuperfan
mr804's picture
User is offlineOffline
13/f/west virginia

13/f/west virginia

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
mr804 wrote:13/f/west

mr804 wrote:

13/f/west virginia

You're such a liar it just makes me sick...

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
mr804 wrote:13/f/west

mr804 wrote:

13/f/west virginia

Kelly and I ROTF LOL