Consumed , Jihad vs. Mcworld , Fear's Empire

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Consumed , Jihad vs. Mcworld , Fear's Empire

Do we have any Benjamin Barber readers here ,and if so please give me your opinion about his writing's . Here's his Homepage  www.benjaminbarber.com/ 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I was checking him out.

I was checking him out. Podcast too. Thanks.  He's no dummy. The damn FFC for not getting people interested in real communication  .... as to improving our one world and human race is all the problem. Who is in the way of basic progress ??? 

.... well,    "EAT the mega RICH"  .....

This might seem off topic , but I beg it's relevant to helpful healing communication ! ,

Funny ( and not ) -
Bush Screws America LAUGH OUT LOUD (or quietly to yourself)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNSfxdnUs_4

Damn  , send that world wide !!!  Heal the world .....  Why not peace ????????

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Laugh Out Loud

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote ; yeah I was checking him out .               And YES I think he's real good ,I caught him on a cable access channel that was from Drexel U. about 10 years ago ,talking about his book "Jihad vs. McWorld :Terrorism's Challenge to Democracy " .This was one of the first books that came out and warned us about our consumerism and it relation to terrorist action's . That was 97' or 98' .  

Signature ? How ?

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
I find his observations on

I find his observations on islam incredibly naive.

Just pick up a koran and check it out for yourself. Religious fascism, nothing more nor less.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Not that it really matters ,

Not that it really matters , but I am little curious about the "incredibly naive" stuff .... I am always looking for ammunition against separatism dogma.

Need a link Abu  ... Koran and Bible, basically same shit ain't it, as I have checked them both out?   Embarrassing and revealing they are .... and so we evolve !  Go open communication .....

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:Not

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Not that it really matters , but I am little curious about the "incredibly naive" stuff .... I am always looking for ammunition against separatism dogma.

Need a link Abu  ... Koran and Bible, basically same shit ain't it, as I have checked them both out?   Embarrassing and revealing they are .... and so we evolve !  Go open communication .....

Ok, start here:

www.jihadwatch.org/ - A regular here

quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/ - There are many online versions, but having a koran handy is worth the effort.

Yeah, any holy tome is at best amusing, at worst mind-numbingly annoying. So far the koran and L Ron's bilge are closely tied for first place in my opinion.

As for my Online name: www.youngmuslims.ca/online_library/tafsir/syed_qutb/Surah_111.htm

He was the first to publicly doubt the child-molesting, psychotic, mentally ill prophet.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Abu, thanks, that reads a

Abu, thanks, that reads a bit like the "anti jesus" bible Paul's rants, as I read drunk on Rum, again ....  I will re - read  hung over,  and report back ....      I hope !  

Back to Ken G's OP , I was defending, what little I know of Benjamin Barber, as I just met him ....

Thanks , you RRS fans as me.  LOL , I AM totally smashed, i love you more than Rum 

Go GAWED , Stop GOD  .....

No , I will not obey !

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:I find his

Abu Lahab wrote:

Just pick up a koran and check it out for yourself. Religious fascism, nothing more nor less.

I think it important to point out that fascism as defined by fascists is religious in nature. It's the control of the many by a few for profit.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kay Cat wrote:Abu Lahab

Kay Cat wrote:

Abu Lahab wrote:

I think it important to point out that fascism as defined by fascists is religious in nature. It's the control of the many by a few for profit.

Or 'Prophet' even....Yes, just take a look at Saudi Arabia. Perfect example. All that money, all that poverty. Fascinating.....