What is more powerful than god?

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is more powerful than god?

Question

What is more powerful than god and more evil than the devil? The rich want, it the poor have it, and if you eat it you will die.

Answer

Nothing

The interesting thing is that the answer to 'What is more powerful than God' is an answer that we can almost agree on with Theists.

Theist answer : Nothing is more powerful than God.

Atheist answer: Nothing is more powerful than God by definition.

If our the size of our universe is finite and space/matter is quantized. Does infinity exist as anything but a definition?

Can (∞ + 1) exist? I would say no because it's existence would contradict the definition of infinity. Nothing is greater than infinity by definition.

Can a super God a exist, if P represents the power of God can (P + 1) exist? No, by definition of P.

Mathematicians do the same thing with imaginary numbers as well. One can perform operations and generate theorems with them. But do they exist as anything but a definition? Can we compare them with real numbers?

So the question of the day is should we stop saying God doesn't exit and instead say God exists only as a definition? Just as infinity exists as a mathematical definition.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Actually in the Bible, iron

Actually in the Bible, iron chariots can not be defeated by God. Forget the verse, but I'm sure someone here knows.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Actually

MattShizzle wrote:

Actually in the Bible, iron chariots can not be defeated by God. Forget the verse, but I'm sure someone here knows.

Seriously? Wow, what a wanker god would have to be if they can't even manage to negate a few chariots.

Joshua 17:18: “But the mountain country shall be yours. Although it is wooded, you shall cut it down, and its farthest extent shall be yours; for you shall drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots and are strong.”

Judges 1:19: “So the Lord was with Judah. And they drove out the mountaineers, but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the lowland, because they had chariots of iron.”

Here's the 'fine print' of why it didn't work. Typical loophole, eh?

Then the Angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said: “I led you up from Egypt and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you. And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’ ”

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
They really think God's

They really think God's going to win against the armies of the world in Armageddon? If he can't beat iron chariots what the fuck's he going to do against modern tanks, aircraft, artillery and nukes? Guess what Chirstians - if your god can't even beat iron chariots he would be completely pwned on the modern battlefield. Even the Romans easily defeated armies of the time who's big weapons were chariots. How do you think a 2nd century Roman legion would fare against a modern mechanized infantry division?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
EXC "So the question of the

EXC "So the question of the day is should we stop saying God doesn't exit and instead say God exists only as a definition? Just as infinity exists as a mathematical definition." ////

---   I think yes. What isn't god?,  is always my simple premise ....       

.... say "god" and I laugh .... "infinity" and I smile ....

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
As god does not exist,

As god does not exist, everything is more powerful than god.

I have a piece of paper on my desk that is more powerful than god. Prove that it isn't.

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:QuestionWhat is

EXC wrote:

Question

What is more powerful than god and more evil than the devil?

Answer

My unit.

What do I win?

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence