Allan Watts - Go GAWED / Stop GOD

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Allan Watts - Go GAWED / Stop GOD

.... what else can I say ....

Buddha / Jesus / then came Allan Watts   

"Word Games" we play, and damn it can even get real ugly ..... yin yang.

Cool Alan Watts wrote: "The religion of "Jesus" [a buddha like wise clan] was that he knew he was a son of God, and the phrase "son of " means "of the nature of," so that a son of God is an individual who realizes that he is, and always has been, one with God. "I and the Father are one." .......... and,  "Let this mind be in you." that is to say, let the same kind of [rational] consciousness be in you that was in Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ knew he was God."

"Wake up" [said a buddha] and find out eventually who you also really are [ god ]. In our culture of course, they'll say you're crazy or you're blasphemous, and they'll either put you in jail or in the nut house (which is the same thing). But if you wake up in India and tell your friends and relations, "My goodness, I've just discovered that I'm God," they'll laugh and say, "Oh, congratulations, at last you found out." ~~~

-( )-  It's just another xlint angle at debunking the silly sad loony religious dogmatic god concepts.

ALLAN WATTS "SAVES"

atheist / theist definitely an indication of 

OUCH / EARTH / CHAOS

evolution

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
The Essential Alan Watts

I am God as You wrote about Alan Watts , The Essential Alan Watts is the only book that I have ever read on him, it's a small book,about 140 pages or so. Mark Watts compilation of his most important essays and lectures,starting with "The Trickster Guru, Speaking Personally,Ego,The Individual as Man/World,The Drama of it All,The More Things Change,Work as Play,Time,Oriental "Omnipotence" and ending with Psychotherapy and Eastern Religion" this was put together two years before his death in '73.This book was first printed "77. I'll have to go back and read the last two chapter's.I have heard some of his lectures on Google Video,Yeah Alan was pretty COOL. I remember him talking about the state of ZEN ,and he said "if you want to know what Zen is ,study your cat ,cause they're always in a state of Zen" and then he went on about domestication in humans ,and how it screws up our thinking.   PS...In the 9th century lived a sage named Lin Chi ,and gave one of his monks this advice "If you meet the Buddha on the road ,kill Him ....because this Buddha would only be a reflection of your unexamined beliefs and desires.

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Killing the other buddha !

Killing the other buddha ! You are the true buddha .....   

http://www.ordinarymind.com/koan_killing.html

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
A Heretic's Bible

Killing the Buddha : A  Heretic's Bible ,by Peter Manseau  &  Jeff Sharlet , is the name of the book that I'm currently reading,and I took that quote from the inside of the cover. That guy Jeff Sharlet is the author of  " The Family :The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart  of  American Power".          PS . That's a Koan that I havn't read yet,I put it with my favorites ,Thank Man, for the Link !!!

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah cool, "koan".  We all

Yeah cool, "koan".  We all do that linguistically to varying degrees. Alan Watts, a cool Zen teacher, among the other philosophies he creatively and wisely connected.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=koan&btnG=Search

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Chinese Caligraphy

Yo ! Have you ever practiced Chinese Calligraphy ? What a way to focus and concentrate, I still practice once in awhile. I did a cool painting of a cat observing a spider hanging from the ceiling. and a few other paintings that I gave to relatives,even got my own Chinese stamp.

Signature ? How ?