I Challenge You, Redux

RhadTheGizmo
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I Challenge You, Redux

So, not sure if Yellow Number is going to come back.  He was suppose to make it back today, understandably, he may still be tired from his trip.  Nevertheless, in case he doesn't make it back anytime soon, I want to have a backup set up.

So, any debate?

"A belief in a God, of the Christian sort, can be rationally held."

I have to define the particular belief I hold at some point, but for the time being, I offer these set of definitions to start off with.  If you agree to debate, but upon the condition of a changed definition... offer up your definition.  See if there can't be some agreement.

//

A belief can be rationally held if it is (1) based on (a) something known to exist or have happened; or (b) good reason; and is not (2) inconsistent with (a) itself (i.e., self-contradictory), (b) other contemporaneously held beliefs, (c) or something known to exist or to have happened.

"Good reason" can be defined as (1) the basis or motive for an action, decision, or conviction that is not inconsistently used or not used as the basis or motive for another similar action, decision, or conviction.

"Based-on" can be defined by the example: X1 is based-on X2 if X1 substantially (1) contains, (2) possesses, (3) is situated on, (4) or uses, elements of X2.  e.g., Cinderella Man is based on a true story; the reserve bunker is based on American Soil; the school's architecture is based on a gothic design; the witness's testimony as to the criminal's state of mind was based on his observation earlier in the day.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have no idea if he plans

I have no idea if he plans to debate you, but I do know he went on vacation.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

RhadTheGizmo
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I know.  He was suppose to

I know.  He was suppose to get back today, so, just making some plan-b preparations.

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I PMed you, and you

Yeah, I PMed you, and you got back to me.

I'll get back to you shortly on the details. But if you're up for it, I'm up for it. Should be fun.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cool, a free concert !

Cool, a free concert ! Humans and their God !

Gezz I AM popular .....

RhadTheGizmo
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Should be fun indeed.

Should be fun indeed.