Hello, I'm Sleestack

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello, I'm Sleestack

Well, my name is actually Brian...

I'd like to say hello to everyone. I joined a couple of days ago after about a week or so of lurking. Somehow I managed to find this site from Thunderf00ts youtube page.

Anyway, I'm not good at introducing myself, so here it goes (I'll keep it short):

I'm married with 2 step daughters, a cat and a dog. We live in Southern California, but, I work in Cupertino California. So, I only get to see my wife about once a month. Sad 

I'm a software QA engineer at Apple, which just means that I try to break our application and find bugs. I am not a scientist and do not try to talk like a scientist. I like to keep things on a 'laymans' perspective when I'm talking, laced with humor and a bit of sarcasim.

I am extremely opposed to any religious ideas being taught in America's science class rooms and feel that the people who are pushing their religious agenda into science classes are trying to dumb down our kids.

Well enough about me.

I'm sure this will be an interesting ride here and hopefully an educational one.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
HI!  There's so many new

HI!  There's so many new people.  What exciting times.

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, Sleestack!

I remember watching Land of the Lost as a kid.  I loved it make then.  I don't think I would now so much. 

I always found Chaka irritating though.

Check out the cool, new sleestack costumes for the Will Ferrel movie coming out next year...

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

JustAnotherBeliever
TheistBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
I love sleestacks!

I rented one of these from netflix recently to see how bad the effects were....they were really really bad....I couldnt watch the whole thing....holly grew up and had a cult following for a while....shes suppose to be really nice in person...they talk about the show as extras on the disc; thats even funnier than the show itself.

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle! -

Welcome to the hizzle! - Thank you Matt!

HI!  There's so many new people.  What exciting times. - Hello!!

Welcome and enjoy your stay! - Thank you, I'm sure I will. Smiling

Welcome to the forums, Sleestack!

I remember watching Land of the Lost as a kid.  I loved it make then.  I don't think I would now so much.

I always found Chaka irritating though.

Check out the cool, new sleestack costumes for the Will Ferrel movie coming out next year... - Thank you! Yes, I remember watching the Sid & Marty Krofft shows on Saturday mornings and Land of the Lost was my favorite. I think Chaka is probably one of my least favorite characters on the show. Wow, the costumes look almost exactly like the originals, I'm glad they aren't giving them a crazy reinvention of them.

I rented one of these from netflix recently to see how bad the effects were....they were really really bad....I couldnt watch the whole thing....holly grew up and had a cult following for a while....shes suppose to be really nice in person...they talk about the show as extras on the disc; thats even funnier than the show itself. - I have to admit, I have the entire DVD collection from all 3 seasons. The blue screen work they were doing was cutting edge at the time. Eye-wink I like the 'campiness' of the series, but then again, I am also a sucker for the cheesy 80s movies too like Night of the Comet. Yes, the interviews with the cast on the DVDs are pretty funny and I like how they don't take it too seriously.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! Do hope you'll

Welcome! Do hope you'll stick around and enjoy. Always fun to have new people(aliens?) here.

I see you didn't use the quote boxes when quoting..here's the guide if you need help! http://tiny.cc/Ns4TH

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Welcome! Do hope

Loc wrote:

Welcome! Do hope you'll stick around and enjoy. Always fun to have new people(aliens?) here.

I see you didn't use the quote boxes when quoting..here's the guide if you need help! http://tiny.cc/Ns4TH

Hi, thank you Loc! After a bunch of testing, it appears that I am indeed human.

That's what I get for being in a hurry. Smiling Thank you for the link.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Hello!

Hello !!!  Welcome too the (Machine)-forums

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard, Sleestack!

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:  Hello !!! 

Ken G. wrote:

Hello !!!  Welcome too the (Machine)-forums

Hi, Ken. Thank you! Good Pink Floyd reference. Smiling

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
phooney wrote:Welcome

phooney wrote:

Thank you Phooney! Glad to be aboard.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Sleestack, welcome to

Hey Sleestack, welcome to the party!

KathieG
KathieG's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome. Have fun!

Welcome. Have fun!

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Glad you found us,

Glad you found us, Sleestack.  The RRS is, I'm told, the fastest growing atheist website around.  The more the merrier, if you know other like-minded people please invite them to join or at least check it out.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150