Sam Harris

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Sam Harris

I've just read Sam Harris new poll on Atheist in America,along with Pew's Poll,the complete opposite.Has any one else ? 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
No, But I sneak up on my

No,

But I sneak up on my neighbors with the question phrased, "You are a Christian, right? .... most say sheepishly , "well yeah"

Then I ask, "do you like preacher types knocking at your door?" .... "Heck NO", most say and frown.  

POLLS , are polls.

Most polled as "Christians" never read and don't read the bible nor go to church, nor pray.

Damn stupid are so many polls .....

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Polls are polls

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote; Polls are polls ,yes I agree whole heartily,and one must be very cautious when extracting information from a poll,but they're the only TOOL that we got to measure a hugh group of people.And some of them can be a great indicator of people's feelings.For instance,when the ZOGBY POLL results were made public,it showed that over 70% of the Iraqi people wanted the U.S. to end the occupation of their country,and to replace U.S. Troops with U.N.Troops.A Poll that you can bank on.So,all polls are not created Equal.

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yes, and the USA has killed

Yes, and the USA has killed like a million plus plus Mideast people in recent years. Go counting. Don't forget the USA involvement in the sick Iraq / Iran war.

The injured is ten times that. To add further mass depression.  I like telling polls.

http://www.prosecutionofbush.com/

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Vincent Bugliosi

That web site was right on,I caught him on Democracy Now!.They had him on for half of the show,and really laid out a great case for Arresting Bush and Cheney after they leave office.go to www.democracynow.org for the transcript or download the show.And for the injured,the last I heard was over 10,000 severely injured,mostly head traumas and loss of a limb,and a few thousand suicide's,and we mustn't forget the "POISON DUST" from the depleted uranium shells.Have you ever checked out the web site www.informationclearinghouse.info/ you get a lot of news there that is hard to fine in the mass media.They got articles from Scott Ritter,John Pilger,Michael Klare,Tariq Ali,Seymour Hearst,Noam Chomsky,William Bloom-author of "Killing Hope" a very important web site.    P.S. Bush has infected the gene pool of America with theses Depleted Uranium weapons,a huge War Crime that Mr.Bugliosi did not mention on the show ?. I guess he FORGOT !!!

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah Ken G. It's hard to put

Yeah Ken G. It's hard to put in words the depth of my outrage. The mind fuck of the masses and their behavior is emotionally challenging. Crazy patriots cheering and waving flags as the bombs began dropping on Iraq.  Shezzz  ....  I go from tears to anger. 

KPFK  pubic sponsored radio / internet is a good source of progressive information.

I takes notes while I work as a VW engine builder , in my "think tank laboratory", laboring as the evolved grease monkey, mad scientist, I dream I AM. 

Thanks for being pissed ... and sharing.  "Eat The Rich" !  

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
KPFK/Pacifica

Whenever I hear about KPFK/PACIFICA radio it reminds me of a friend of mine(died from an O.D.) and 1967,he had an older brother who just came back from Viet-Nam,and he had this short wave radio,and he turned us on to "JIMI HENDRIX"at that time,I never heard of the guy,and Pacifica Radio was piping in this yet unheard of guitar player from Live from London,this was a few month's before "Monterrey Pop Festival"and at that time I was playing mostly Bubble Gum music on Am radio,but after that EXPERIENCE ,I would only listen to FM radio,and Pirate radio,Pacifica really had a lot to do with expanding my MIND!!!  P.S.-I had two VW's a 1957 with the small oval back window and a 1967 my first VW,and my first car.

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Hey old fellow hippie fan

Hey old fellow hippie fan Ken, I was born in 51. Ever hug trees !?!     

Yeah old underground FM radio. Hendrix ,  "Machine Gun" , live at the Fillmore, New Years ! etc.     ......  Jimi was a wizard !

Prophet Hendrix was a way cool lyricist too, and a big Bob Dylan fan ....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jimi+hendrix+quotes&btnG=Search

"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" ~ Jimi Hendrix

Cool VW's are fun tin cans, but not very road safe, so I got my daughter a honda instead, with air bags! .... we still have an off road VW buggy for the wild camping thing, we used to regularly do. Tree hugging !

I am absolutely against the death penalty, but hang Bush in the public square, OR better yet, nail him to a cross.  Well okay,  kidding and rage aside, give that fuck at least house arrest for life without parole, after suing him into the ghetto ..... and so on down the chain of command ..... errrrr   Send a message ,  no more of that ! 

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Gypsy,Sun and Rainbows;The Band with the MAN

Yes ! Hippies and Happiness,Yeah Happiness.Thanks again for the info,let me give you my favorite Hendrix lyric,it's from his song "Straight Ahead" it goes something like this "You got to tell the Children the TRUTH,they don't need a whole lot of LIES-cause one of these day's -Baby-they'll be running things,so when you give them LOVE (Knowledge) you better give it Wise-Woman,Child,Man and Wife the best kind of LOVE to have is the LOVE of LIFE...Pass it On. and also my favorite Hendrix web site ;www.authentichendrix.com,I think that his family started it, it's the only place that I would buy anything that has the Hendrix name on it,I just brought "South Saturn Delta"CD with "Pali Gap" a great piece of creative intelligence in my opinion and from DAGGER Records "Hear My Music" an instrumental CD with "Drone Blues", and , Jimi/Jimi Jam along with "Trash Man and Gypsy Blood"what a CD 'best purchase I've Made in a long time.Rock-On !!!

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
"Straight Ahead" , one of my

"Straight Ahead" , one of my favorite tunes to play from my "guitar legends" tribute medley band. Exciting intro into groovy rhythm and the lyrics. Made me high ! Still am ....

Jimi would talk to me after he died and I cried .... all he said was "thats it" and "yeah", many times ! WE were especially close when I mediated with a blazing guitar in my hands .... he was there ! He ain't dead, as we are all written into eternity .....

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Hear my Train a Commin

Right On!!! I need my fix of "Electrify Blues"just to make thru the day,you won't find a guitar player that has "EVOLVED"to Jimi's level,in my opinion.And I'm an Evolutionist.

Signature ? How ?

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
*Checks account for sock

*Checks account for sock puppeting, turns up negative* Hmm...based on this conversation alone, the words-to-emoticons ratio, I could have sworn you were the same person...must be the same drugs? *grins* 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
"Soul brothers" abound,

"Soul brothers" abound, something contagious we caught in the 60's ....

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Soul Brother's

O'Yeah,  Right On !!! It was  Nature ,not drug's ,that turned us on,we celebrated Earth Day and communed with Nature,and more or less found out what life is about. Peace and Happiness.

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Got big speakers ! Jimi

Got big speakers !

Jimi Hendrix - "Power of Soul" - Band of Gypsys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjRdKxYYv44

Guitar MAGIC ! Jimi with his buddies, the gypsys

Jimi was getting into jazz fusion , the he goofed bad, he over dosed , fuck , damn it

Even more fun than "Straight Ahead" !

Jimi Hendrix - "Freedom"  ...... his great grand daddy was an American slave ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FcIKoGFRDY&feature=related

>>> Jimi Hendrix by the wild - Yngwie Malmsteen - "Spanish Castle Magic"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQWyNr0pKvk

.... smooth ! 

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Yngwie Malmsteen does justice

Yes ! a few years ago an old friend told me about this guitar player from Sweden,that played a lot of Hendrix music (he saw him in Germany,at a Heavy Metal concert) and asked me if I ever heard of him,Nope I said,but I'll check him out since he plays Hendrix,but I never got a chance until now,and man this guy has a lot of soul (and I don't really use that word, it's link with religion makes me think of the word "Faith&quotEye-wink but in the realm of music,I can dig it.like Jimi's "Power of the Soul"with the BAND of GYPSYS,at the Fillmore(I brought the VHS tape)from WWW.AUTHENTICHENDRIX.COM,and just last year they released his last concert "LIVE AT THE ISLE OF FEHMARN"not a professionally recorded album,but historically significant. I'm getting "BAGGY'S REHEARSAL  SESSIONS"his rehearsal for the Fillmore show.  P.S. Thanks for Links !!!

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Wild guitarist Yngwie

Wild guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen plays lots of dark classical rock by making extensive use of the harmonic minor scale , which nicely contains the wicked full diminished triad, and 4 note full Dim 7, used for easy sweeps (super fast note delivery)

He loves Bach and his dad and uncle are / were classical guitarists. He's all over the internet.

So many great musicians in all areas !      Wow, wood and strings etc !

Vinnie Moore - Meltdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKBE7u7byTk

The original MTV video is more anti war .... I didn't see it in Youtube.

AND SHIT , this guy you can't even vote for anymore as "best guitarist" in the popular music mags, as he always wins. He can play most anything in any style. He can make ya cry too with his moody stuff.  And he can also be more than mean, he gets BAD!  Flies his own airplane too.  Tours with Deep Purple recently. See some other cuts ....

Steve Morse band - Tumeni notes   ( one of his nutty tunes ) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqo9l_7zaBw

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Albert King w/Stevie Ray Vaughan in session

When I was watching Vinnie Moore's solo video,it reminded me of a comment Albert King said too Stevie Ray Vaughan,it went something like this "the guitar player's today play fast ,but they don't have any SOUL,but not you Stevie,you play with soul" it's on the CD listed as "PEP TALK" . And while watching my Hendrix tape"BLUE WILD ANGEL" you can see  Jimi's frustration when he couldn't get more out of his six strings and piece of wood,when playing "RED HOUSE" and I believe his grandmother was half Nez Pierce Native  P.S. I'm not knocking Vinnie's ability too pick those strings.

Signature ? How ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah absolutely, the

Yeah absolutely, the expression of even a single note, and simple melodics. Drama !

I like it all very much , all the extremes .... Chopin, Close Encounters, Jaws, Elvis, Hank Williams Sr., Zappa, wild jazz/metal..... this will take many moons to type...  

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Utah Phillips

This guy Utah Phillips wasn't a good guitar player,mostly known for his lyric's about  Union's ,Labor Rights and Freedom. And he talked about Woody Guthrie a lot ,have you ever heard of him ?

Signature ? How ?