4$ for the fourth

skywolf
skywolf's picture
User is offlineOffline
4$ for the fourth

i propose we all donate denominations of four today to the rrs to honor some patriots who fight for our rights

4$

44$

.44$

444$

.04$

what ever you can afford to keep the wall alive donate

donate blood to the red cross for our solders

donate time for the children

give of yourself atheists

and realize that in the giving you have helped someone elses life

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't celebrate American

I don't celebrate American holidays.  I'm not going to start to either, but it's always nice to donate and I'll give to the RRS when I'm not broke... poor, starving student syndrom.

I don't give blood.  No one will take it, but they all profess to want it badly.  Bad policies get in the way of me helping people.

Children?

I give of myself regularly...

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
That's a sweet idea, thanks

That's a sweet idea, thanks for thinking of us.  Ironically I'll be working hard here all day.  No parties for me.  I moved your post to a more public forum and promoted it to the homepage for the day, thanks again!

I also moved this cool graphic out of the first post so it fits nicer on the homepage....

MMMMMMO                                     
                                  DMMM?,ZMMM=                                   
                                 DMM:     DMMN                                  
                                MMM:       .MM?                                 
                               +MM.         7MM7                                
                              :MMD           ZMM                                
                              MMM             MMO                               
                             ,MM              7MM=                              
                             MMM               MMM                              
                            =MM7               +MM                              
                            MMM                 MM7                             
                            MM=                 NMM                             
        ?MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMO=+MM                  :MM7+OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:         
      MMMMMN?=,:::=+ZNMMMMMMMMMN+             7NMMMMMMMMMNZ+=::::=7NMMMMO       
     MMM.                  MMMMMMMMMN+   =MMMMMMMMMM                  ?MMM      
    DMM                   OMM.   ,MMMMMMMMMMO:    MM.                   MM=     
    NMM                   MMN    :MMMMMMMMMMN=    MMZ                   MM+     
    ?MM?                  MM? OMMMMM?     ZMMMMM+ NMM                  :MM      
     NMM                 .MMMMMMD.            MMMMMMM,                ,MMM      
      MMMDD+            DMMMMD       OMMMD       OMMMM?               MMN       
      .MMMMMM,       :MMMMMM        +MMMMM         MMMMMM=          DMMM        
      OMMMMMMO     OMMMM MMN        MMMMMMN        DMM:MMMMD       MMM:         
      .MMMMMM:   +MMMM   MMZ       .MMM.MMM:       ?MM  =MMMM7   .MMM?          
        :77NMMM7MMMD    =MM+       MMM: MMMM       :MM     OMMMZMMMM            
            .MMMM7      7MM.      NMMM,,.MMM=       MM       +MMMM              
           =MMMMMMM:    DMM       MMMMMMMMMMM       MM=    .MMMMMMM?            
          MMMO  .MMMMZ  MMM      NMMN,,,,,MMMM      MM?  7MMMM   ZMMM           
        NMMM       OMMMMMMO     ZMMM      7MMM.     MMOMMMMD       MMM=         
       MMM:          .MMMMD     MMMN       DMMM     MMMMM:          OMMM        
      MMM.              MMMMMN                  .DMMMMM               MMN       
     DMM                MM.ZMMMMN:           ,MMMMMOOMM               :MMM      
    +MM+                MM.   ZMMMMM?     OMMMMM+   ZMM                :MM      
    NMM                 MM.      :MMMMMMMMMMN:      7MM.                MM+     
    DMM                 MM       =NMMMMMMMMMD=      +MM.                MM:     
     MMM.              .MM .ZMMMMMMMN=   :MMMMMMMM7.=MM:              ?MMM      
      MMMMZ=         ,7DMMMMMMMMM7          ,7MMMMMMMMMD?:         :DMMMM.      
       .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7,                     :7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN,        
            .,=++=,..  ,MM                          :MM=  ..,=++=,.             
                       ,MM                          :MM=                        
                       .MM                          =MM:                        
                        MM                          +MM.                        
                        MM.                         ?MM.                        
                        :,                                                      

skywolf
skywolf's picture
User is offlineOffline
and that is why

the big A also stands for awesome!!!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I raised our advertising for

I raised our advertising for today to $14.44 due to the first three people that already donated $4.  Thanks folks we really need the help.

HELP US ADVERTISE

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
$$$

That's the first thing I did when I got home from work, DONATE.  I can only give blood on Wednesday here, small clinic, so small that it sometimes referred to as a band-aid station.  But I have given blood as an Atheist.  The MLT doesn't even question that anymore, she is used to it.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Ironically

Sapient wrote:

Ironically I'll be working hard here all day.  No parties for me.

Pastor Deacon Fred and I were going to call you from the local party we were at yesterday but thought it might make you feel left out since all of us were tanked.

skywolf
skywolf's picture
User is offlineOffline
4rth is over but the good is still there

Thomathy wrote:

I don't celebrate American holidays.  I'm not going to start to either, but it's always nice to donate and I'll give to the RRS when I'm not broke... poor, starving student syndrom.

I don't give blood.  No one will take it, but they all profess to want it badly.  Bad policies get in the way of me helping people.

Children?

I give of myself regularly...

you know whats gonna happen to your kids they will grow up around a good person and they will be the same

depending on condition anyone couldn't give blood like oh say someone with hiv

as for an american holiday i could understand if you don't live in the usa celebrating the 4rth would be like me celebrating canada day even if you do live in the usa it is still your choice not to set off fireworks etc etc but i really do like to celebrate my fave part of the constitution, the bill of rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

right there first phrase first amendment giving me the freedom to say i want no religion

mohammed is mr poopy pants allah is a cootie queen and islam is a lint licker
http://seekerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/_blogger_5932_1957_1600_religion_of_peace_1-1.jpg

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I believe he's gay - they

I believe he's gay - they won't take blood from a gay man. There's all kinds of other reasons/conditions they won't too - I can't because of taking insulin.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

skywolf
skywolf's picture
User is offlineOffline
gay?

they won't take blood from gay ppl?

that would be like saying i won't take blood from a black person and put it into a white person.  You won't turn black from being exposed to black american blood; same for the homosexual american

i don't understand what logic that rule follows

if i give blood to a black person they won't like indian tacos and deer cube steak (unless they already do) and they most definatly won't turn white/red mix (white inuit mix here)

hmm insulin does make the sense tho would'nt want sombody to drop bloodsuger on the op table like a rock

http://seekerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/_blogger_5932_1957_1600_religion_of_peace_1-1.jpg

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Their reasoning is that a

Their reasoning is that a gay man is more likely to have AIDS. Thogh it's absurd that they won't take it from a gay man who has been in a monogamous relationship for 10 years - but some slut that sleeps with every man who comes down the pike - or a guy who sleeps with a different woman every weekend is fine. If they really want to be safe they should only take blood from lesbians or celibates.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

skywolf
skywolf's picture
User is offlineOffline
lesbians

MattShizzle wrote:

Their reasoning is that a gay man is more likely to have AIDS. Thogh it's absurd that they won't take it from a gay man who has been in a monogamous relationship for 10 years - but some slut that sleeps with every man who comes down the pike - or a guy who sleeps with a different woman every weekend is fine. If they really want to be safe they should only take blood from lesbians or celibates.

don't some lesbians use strapons?

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Receivers have higher rates

Receivers have higher rates of infection. It sucks, but it's backed by research. EVEN SO, we should be testing ALL incoming blood for infectious agents anyway. Relying on discriminatory measures isn't just ethically hypocritical, when combined with mere visual and questionnaire screening it's damn stupid. Like Dr. House says, "everybody lies."

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Virginia Blood Services now

Virginia Blood Services now accepts blood from homosexuals.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote:Virginia

shelleymtjoy wrote:

Virginia Blood Services now accepts blood from homosexuals.

That's sweet, but I'm not going to Virginia to give my blood... and I'm quirking an eyebrow -Virginia!?.  Matt is right, almost everywhere gay blood is denied and it is based soley on discriminatory measures despite that all blood is screened for infectious disease.  Read that again.  All blood is screened for infectious disease.  My blood is in high demand (O+), but CBS won't have it.  Bah.  I could rant on and on about CBS (not the news channel) and how stupid it is... but to no end.  Oh well.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."