What whacky misadventure is Islam up to THIS time?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
What whacky misadventure is Islam up to THIS time?

...Apparently now everything that includes a photo of puppies is an offensive affront to Muslims. Dogs are 'unclean' to them, so naturally, we should respect their intolerances and avoid offending them by never publishing any image with a dog in it.

The PD in question, from what I understand in the article, is bowing to the upset towel steeds. Yay for spineless bureaucrats. Sticking out tongue

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
If I had any artistic skill

If I had any artistic skill I would make a picture of a dog fucking Mohammed up the ass (or vice versa.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
You do realise this is the

You do realise this is the Daily Mail

To understand how the Daily Mail journalism works is to take the headline

'Muslims outraged at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat'

and then translate it to the exact opposite so a more realistic intepretation would be

'Jews have a party to celebrate the police advertising a really ugly cat sitting in a policeman's shoes'

Then you can really get a good understand of the story

The Daily Mail makes Fox seem truthful and accurate I would seriously like to see the whole paper shut down for inciting racial hatred

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You do realise this is

Quote:

To understand how the Daily Mail journalism works is to take the headline

'Muslims outraged at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat'

and then translate it to the exact opposite so a more realistic intepretation would be

'Jews have a party to celebrate the police advertising a really ugly cat sitting in a policeman's shoes'

Then you can really get a good understand of the story

The Daily Mail makes Fox seem truthful and accurate I would seriously like to see the whole paper shut down for inciting racial hatred

"An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem ( Latin : "argument to the man" , "argument against the man" ) consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject."

...So, aside from attacking the credibility of the periodical itself, do you have any actual argument that supports the idea that the news story in question is untruthful?

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:"An ad hominem

Quote:

"An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem ( Latin : "argument to the man" , "argument against the man" ) consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject."

...So, aside from attacking the credibility of the periodical itself, do you have any actual argument that supports the idea that the news story in question is untruthful?

Wellllll.....

Actually, the weight of testimony is largely determined by the credibility of the witness.  In building a case, we want to have corroboration.  In court, a single testimony without substantiation is normally insufficient to establish reasonable cause.

You're shifting the burden of proof.  He's doing the proper thing, which is being skeptical of the evidence until it is more convincing.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
What the Daily Mail probably

What the Daily Mail probably did was go around finding someone who didnt like the postcard , this person then counts as the 'muslim' community.

They then would have gone to the councillor who would have been told 'there has been a complaint from the muslim community' do you have a comment.

He would then have said 'some muslims find dogs offensive'

Sex it up a bit and then you have a story.

No direct lies, nothing anyone can sue on, politican trying to avoid offending anyone and there you go

Bullshit journalism and politicans not saying match wow

Just part of the Daily Mail  'the darkies are coming over to rape your kids and convert your empty churches into mosques'

Just saw on the Richard Dawkins this version of events

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2008/07/02/newsstory11590817t0.asp

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well of course they should

Well of course they should be offended, the dog looks just like Mohammed's mother.

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
mrjonno wrote:You do realise

mrjonno wrote:

It's not just a Daily Mail story.  I've seen it in a few papers round here.  The problem with the Mail is that, as a publication, it is renowned for using emotive over-the-top language.

The story is real.  Some memebers of the muslim community refused to put the image on display in their stores because they find dogs unclean.  Unfortunately the police in this country have been made so spineless that they'll now bend over backwards to change the campaign so as not to offend anyone.

M

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
KKK, so religious ....

KKK, so religious ....

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=KKK&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

40 days alone , pondering your own questions  .... a perspective from the self.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
MichaelMcF wrote:The story

MichaelMcF wrote:
The story is real.  Some memebers of the muslim community refused to put the image on display in their stores because they find dogs unclean.  Unfortunately the police in this country have been made so spineless that they'll now bend over backwards to change the campaign so as not to offend anyone.

Not just that country, Europe as a whole is really suffering from it.  Bending over backwards to intollerance to be "tolerant".  I can't believe those in power and doing these things can't see the irony of it.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just about the dumbest thing

Just about the dumbest thing I've read yet and it's not 10 after 10 this morning.  What else is an affront to Muslims?  Where does it end?

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."