Introduction

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Introduction

YO! what's up ,I was reading a post that I wrote about my Crazy Religious neighbor, and I was reading the reply and the Moderator informed me that most people introduce them selves first , so here it goes .I'm 50 years old male ,and a born again Atheist.A High School drop-out,that educated my-self by getting a subscription to "National Geographic Society"magazine and Omni magazine,and now I read a lot about History and Politics. Authors like  Jared Diamond,Howard Zinn,Noam Chomsky,Michael Parenti.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Ken.You're not Kenny

Welcome Ken.

You're not Kenny G are you? If you are I reserve the right to withdraw my welcome.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums, Ken!

Welcome to the forums, Ken!

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I like this KenG free

I like this KenG free thinker brain thingy ! Welcome to to the AWE , the awake !  

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum Ken,

Welcome to the forum Ken, hope we see your name around more Smiling

M

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome heathen, Diamond is

Welcome heathen, Diamond is always a great read. Choamsky is interesting, but George Lakoff and Steven Pinker are doing wonders in evolutionary psychology and cognitive neurolinguistics building upon and enlightening Choamsky's foundations. Laters.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:I like

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

I like this KenG free thinker brain thingy ! Welcome to to the AWE , the awake !  

Are you saying I'm not a free thinker and don't have a brain?

Welcome to the nuthouse, Ken.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

KathieG
KathieG's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome fellow newb!

Welcome fellow newb!

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
You are a great

You are a great saxophonist. 

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Got to admit, I like Kenny

Got to admit, I like Kenny G's sax work.  Welcome to the threads, Ken G. BTW, we got the same first name.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Lakoff and Pinker

Well I'm only slightly into hearing George Lakoff speak,I watched him on a Internet show-"THE YOUNG TURKS " and he doesn't sound like a deep thinking Professor.But Steven Pinker is a very deep Thinker, he was on Book TV a few month's ago talking about language that offends certain people and his new book,and on MIT's web page he has a few lectures.

Signature ? How ?