I believe 911 was an inside job, do you?

skepticdude
User is offlineOffline
I believe 911 was an inside job, do you?

This is not really a poll.

I've been all over the internet researching the 911 issue.

Starting off with the basics, Bush did something unprecedented the day before 911, he had the Sarasota Hotel outfitted with a surface-to-air-defense missile battery.  That's not standard protocol for the president staying in a hotel.

If believe Bush and Rice's later comments that nobody can have guessed that terrorists might use planes as missiles, what aerial threat do you suppose Bush was guarding against on September 10, 2001?

How about Bush assuring us Osama did it, but the FBI saying they had no hard evidence linking him to 911?

How about those obviously fake "confession" videos?

How about Sybil Edmonds being silenced?

There's more, but the girls working this coffee shop are starting to stare impatiently at me.  Probably not because of my dashing good looks either.

skepticdude

Faith does not have the power to move mountains. However, it does have the power to make you think a mountain has moved.

Sanitarium
User is offlineOffline
I have cut out HUGE SLABS of

I have cut out HUGE SLABS of your reply as they are irrelevant to the Osama tapes. If I have cut out anything in error please let me know.

skepticdude wrote:

Begging the question.  The use of fake video obviously wouldn't be admitted by the agencies accused of producing it.  If they did fake video, you have no rational right to expect them to admit it, so their failure to admit to something would not count as evidence that the videos are real.  You wil have to ditch that objection and find another reason to reject the very valid and possible prospect of faked videos.

In other words you have no evidence. This does not give you the right to state it as fact, or even a high possibility. Bring the evidence that this is happening or find another way to sneak your conspiracy theory in.

skepticdude wrote:

Fine....suppose a woman friend of yours says you admitted stealing her $15,000 gold collection,

<< SNIP >>

As I stated I'm not interested in discussing <what if>'s with you when you insist in laying theory apon theory to make your case. You're not big on evidence, are you? Simply saying If A), B) and C) are true, then <conclusion> is not good enough. Without supporting evidence there is nothing. Moreover, the fact that no one has admitted to doing any of the things you are talking about does NOT mean they are actually doing it. In order to say this, you need to present evidence.

skepticdude wrote:

That's exactly what I'm doing.  I don't find the 2001 Osama tape convincing, so I'm looking at the history of the Bush administration and high government in general to determine whether it's more likely or less likely that our government would lie and use false evidence to prop up it's illegal war.

No, what you have done is decide that its a conspiracy/cover up and now you're twisting everything and piling up "what if's" in order to make everything fit. Unfortunately for you, the evidence does not support your conclusion (at least the evidence presented or known about).

skepticdude wrote:

Only people who already trust the governement, take something as controversial as a politically well-timed convenient "discovery" of an Osama confession tape as authentic. 

well SNAP for you! I'm not an American. There goes your "trust the government" theory.

skepticdude wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, I should have guessed that assuming your own viewpoint with the fallacy of begging the question shot my position out of the sky.

It appears you don't actually know what Begging the question fallacy is. Here is a link for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question . If one asks you to provide evidence for your assertations, this is not "begging the question." FACT: if you say "The Osama video is FAKE" then you need to provide evidence to SHOW this is the case.

Accusing someone continually of logical fallacies in an attempt to discredit them is actually a logical fallacy in itself - Ad Hominem.

skepticdude wrote:

Fallacy of begging the question.  It's obvious that anybody who wants to fake an Osama video and have it taken seriously, would be sure to use footage of Osama acting like Osama.  You are wrong anyway, the FBI says Osama is lefthanded, but in the 2001 video he writes with his right hand.

Sorry, but you don't know what "begging the question" is. Go look it up. I have helpfully provided a link above. On the other hand, you saying "its obvious to anybody" is actually the logical fallacy of "Appeal to popularity" and also "mass generalisation"

Please read my posts before replying; I have addressed with Osama may be writing with his right hand.

skepticdude wrote:

Strawman, what red herring? 

Again, please read up on logical fallacies. A strawman argument is when I say that you are saying something you are NOT and then I attack it. I have done no such thing. In fact, you brought up the yellowcake RED HERRING therefore I am still correct in my pointing out of this.

skepticdude wrote:

I did not deliberately change the subject, which is what a red herring is

No, a red herring is when you introduce information that is not relevant. Changing the subject is not "red herring".

skepticdude wrote:

Strawman, Bruce Lawrence, the Osama-expert I cited,  is not a government employee.

Please go and find out what a Strawman argument is. My goodness. So you are making an appeal to Authority then (logical fallacy).?

skepticdude wrote:

I must be rattling your cage pretty good, the increase in your exclamation marks suggests heightened stress levels in your attempted rebuttal.  Quit kicking like a baby and be rational, I never set forth my view as completely obvious, only rationally warranted.

Nice ad hominem there. No, I was imitating you... you're so eager to prove this is a big conspiracy that you are jumping all over the place. Simply I have asked for evidence that Osama is not really Osama and you have been unable to provide it; instead going off onto layers and layers of "what if's", building each new layer on top of your own errant conclusions. Well skepticdude; its all a house of cards and we can all see that. You can't drop even on part of your theory because then it all falls down. This would explain why you are so insistent on each extrapolated point.

skepticdude wrote:

unfortunately for you, it is not clear what you think constitutes my "rambling", which makes me suspicious that you are attempting to avoid certain points that you are afraid to address.

I told you at the start that I was not interested in anything BUT Osama bin Laden. Anything else you bring up will be ignored by me - which I took you to accept when you replied to my first posting in this thread. Just because you can't keep on topic with me doesn't mean I'm "avoiding" answering the other stuff. Frankly to me, it sounds like paranoid delusion. Have you heard of Alex Jones

skepticdude wrote:

I disagree with your viewpoint that I was rambling in the comments you refused to respond to.  I now include them again and request you directly interact with them:

Let us see how many of them are to do with Osama bin Laden (those I will address)

skepticdude wrote:
Quote:
If I can turn you into a homosexual republican polar bear with less than $1000 of commerically avaiable equipment, what do you think I could do if Congress got all pissed off about 911 and so handed me $80 Billion dollars to support my war against Osama?

Very solid point, I can understand why you'd ignore it: the technology is sufficiently advanced that disproving a video fake would be extremely difficult.   The video could easily be authentic footage of Osama with morphed voice causing him to make incriminating statements.

Nope! "what IF the Government is making fake videos and releasing them as the real thing? I state they ARE therefore Osama is fake."  Sorry that doesn't fly with me since your original premise is flawed since its based on your own speculation and no proof.

skepticdude wrote:

Quote:
Go familiarize yourself with the level of today's video technology available in the public markets, then ask yourself how much more sophisticated than commerically available stuff the government's own video equipment could be, bear in mind that America has a consistent history of perpetrating false flag terrorism, keep in mind that Bush has already demonstrated in the Iraq war that he is willing to sacrfice American lives for a cause that is completely corrupt, fraudulent and a lie, then you come back and assure me it's really Osama,  and that the burden of proof is on yellow bellied liberals to prove that the timing of this convenient find, so soon after 911 does nothing to advance the lies of the Bush Administration.

Addressed above. Present the evidence that the Government is doing such and then we can consider it. Oh right, they are the "conspiracy".

skepticdude wrote:

Do you never grow weary of the conveniently "lucky" discoveries that miraculously support the official story?  How about the more recent bin laden video, which freezes exactly when the audio has the most incriminating statements?

What is your definition of "lucky" here? Just because there is nothing to support YOUR theory, then this is "lucky"?

skepticdude wrote:

No, I'm saying the technology obviously exists to fake it

THANK YOU! You are erroneously jumping to the conclusion that IF the technology exists, then IT MUST BE being used to do these things - but no, you go further and state that they DID use this technology with regards to the Osama tapes. Don't you see the problem here? You haven't provided any evidence!

skepticdude wrote:

I don't need to convince you.  All I need to do is demonstrate that my postion is rational.

A rational position has evidence to support it - hence why religion is considered to be "irrational" (just an example).

skepticdude wrote:

Oh gee, is this the part where you abandon your past trust in the government's official story and feel it necessary to question their methods and intelligence?

I'm not American therefore I don't bother with the "official story" - as I have told you I went to find out for myself about Islam. I've even watched Loose change 2nd edition. I also watched Screw Loose Change. I found SLC to be far more trustworthy. In short, it comes down to which I find more credible - the conspiracy theory or the "official story" then yes, I find the "official story" more credible and you have not yet been able to convince me otherwise.

skepticdude wrote:

Do you not know that Osama and the U.S. were friends aback in the 1980's, Us using him as a buffer against the Soviets in Afghanistan?  How do you figure anybody in government could MISTAKE which hand Osama writes with?

Yes, so what? Again, how do you KNOW he is not ambidextrous?

skepticdude wrote:

Your problem is that it is not likely that the FBI, knowing at least as much about these Muslimisms as you, would attribute left-handedness to a devout Muslim Extremeist, without solid evidence of such, unless they were deliberately lying.  You don't have the option that they might simply be wrong.  They are either correct to ascribe left-handedness to Osama or they are lying.  You know far less about Osama than the FBI, so who is more likely correct on the matter, short of the FBI lying?

HAHAHAHHAHA I can suggest they are wrong, so YES I DO have the option. Your defense here is pitiful really. You keep trying to tell me what I can and can't conclude based on (actual) evidence. LOL. Don't be silly - in Western socieities, Left handedness carries no stigma therefore stating such, even if they were wrong carries no repercussions.

skepticdude wrote:

The FBI said Osama is left-handed, and I have no reason to think this too is a lie.  But I proved earlier it's either a lie or correct, as it is not very likely the FBI would innocently mess up something like that.

1. Read above.

2. Again, perhaps they are MISTAKEN OR Osama is ambidextrous. You have no right to discount these possibilities.

skepticdude wrote:

What, you haven't seen the 2001 video we've been discussing the whole time?  No, I won't do your homework for you when 5 seconds on Google will demonstrate what I say on this point.

Sorry, but I saw no such US army coat. Perhaps you have mistaken the camoflage (sp?) one with a US army coat? Nice save though.

skepticdude wrote:

Fine, go file a FOIA request for the chain of custody for this video so you can figure out when this video was taken.  Such has already failed, maybe you'll get lucky?  

I have presented a rational and credible alternate theory for "fat Osama" and the best you can tell me is to disprove your theory? Sorry, but since you are claiming its "Fake Osama!" then you need to prove it not me. You are the one who needs to look into this in order to prop up your case with evidence.

skepticdude wrote:
First, you again fail to realize what is proven with expert testimony.  When you have a properly qualified scholar who supports your viewpoint, that counts for something, even if it isn't final proof of correctness.

Of course it counts for something, but it is NOT the "Be all and end all" of any counter discussion/debate on the issue. The problem is that there are ALWAYS alternate points of view/opinions. We should look at all and decide. In other words you can't say "this expert says <such and such> therefore that is it and the case is closed."

skepticdude wrote:

Yet all you do is poo-poo this otherwise honest teaching professor and continue falsely exclaiming how we should first trust the lying Bush administration even when their evidence wouldn't be admitted for trial in a court of law.

No, what I'm saying is we should look at ALL the evidence and decide - whether that involves educating ourselves on new things or considering a viewpoint rationally, even if we have already made up our minds. We should also be willing to CHANGE our opinion if the evidence is strong enough. Quite frankly your hatred of Bush and his administration is indicating to me that you are not willing to have a rational discussion/debate on this. That is unfortunate.

skepticdude wrote:

That professor could easily lose his teaching position if his bosses felt he was setting forth a completely ridiculous theory.  It stands to reason that Osama expert sincerely believes the videos are fakes, and thus is not lying.

I never stated he was lying. Secondly, no it doesn't prove it anyway (now that you bring it up). That is like saying those who commit crimes and deny it AREN'T lying because they know they can be thrown in jail for years. It is not logical or rational, nor is it the case. Whether or not he sincerely believes it or not isn't really the issue here.

skepticdude wrote:

You already agree Bush has lied to us extensively, so I don't trust him.  You got any similar proof that Bruce Lawrence is a liar or deciever?  No you don't, so you lose that point.

Excuse me? Have you mistaken me with someone else in this discussion? This is the second time you have claimed I have admitted to something when I have

skepticdude wrote:

I did not tell you I think it is Osama. 

You're hedging your bets. You said "but even if that man really is Osama...".

skepticdude wrote:

I was showing that even if you prove me wrong and it IS Osama, you still haven't justified your ridiculous push to trust the Bush administration on the matter, because the authentic video/audio of Osama can still be faked by being manipulated to appear to be something other than what it originally was.

Again I'm not American, so stop with this "trusting the Bush Administration" straw man you keep building up. As I have stated, I look at BOTH sides of an issue and make up my own mind based on the evidence.

skepticdude wrote:

I still believe the person in the video is not Osama.  My point was gain nothing even if you win this debate.  If it is Osama, that doesn't prove the audio, the most easily faked part, is correct.

Sorry but for me this isn't about "winning" a debate - it is to learn the truth. So far you have not provided any evidence that is convincing for me to change my mind on this issue, though I am willing to see it (Osama related only please as I have already discarded the other components of the conspiracy theory and have no wish for a re hash).

skepticdude wrote:

If the DOD is correct about where this tape was found, your understanding of Isalm would predict that Osama would be openly fighting  U.S. forces, hoping for martyrdom.   He graciously accepted copious amounts of weapons and other U.S. support during the Afghanistan war in the early 80's, apparantly he doesn't hate American's as much as your American News Media insists?

Not necessarily - he has others to fight for him - but if he WAS to die as a Shahid (martyr) then he would go to Jannat (heaven). Just as Muhammad did when he had enough followers; you lead they fight and you reap the rewards. Although Osama is usually more "hands on" than Muhammad was, there is precedent for those "in charge" to exempt themselves from fighting at times if something more important is to be done. We don't know if there was or there wasn't - my point was to show that there is a valid rebuttal to the "he should be shaking in his boots" theory put forth by the truthers.

skepticdude wrote:

Of course it doesn't prove fakery.  It proves a court of Law in America disagrees with you about the admissibility of that video evidence for trial.

We're talking about the truth here, not the stringent US court requirements for admisability. If this is the truth then it should be able to be proven, or have evidence supporting it.

skepticdude wrote:

Then you obviously know very little about Muslims.  Immediately after 911, there were many reports about how Osama's viewpoint doesn't represent the viewpoints of other Muslims who live in the U.S.  Some of them were attacked, and many went on record denouncing Osama and saying the true Muslim faith is not presented by Osama's beliefs.

Again, I go tto the Islamic TEXTS to find out about Islam. Go and ask ANY Muslim "Do you follow Muhammad's Example?" and they will say yes. That is because their religion requires it. Google "Muhammad's Sunnah" if you like.

Now, what would you say if I could present evidence such as:

(a) Muhammad stating he has been given victory over the unbelievers through terror cast into the hearts of the enemy?

(b) Allah states HE will be made victorious through terror THROUGH the actions of Muslims slaughtering the unbelievers?

(c) That the edicts of the Quran and Muhammad's actions/words are valid for ALL Muslims for ALL time?

Would that just about fix your little red wagon there? Sorry if I seem frustrated, but you seem to continually try to educate me on matters that you know nothing about!! If we are to Judge Islam and "good Muslim" then we need to go to the definitions of such (their texts) and not judge it on the words/actions of the followers (unless we can correlate it with the texts).

So please, go read up on Islam - if you like I can provide the references for that which I have listed above and I will be happy to do it. I fear you are not interested in listening but only preaching about your hatred of Bush. To continually assert that you are "rational" does not make it so.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Oh gee, is this the

Quote:

Oh gee, is this the part where you abandon your past trust in the government's official story and feel it necessary to question their methods and intelligence?

Ah. I thought we might come to this. It has annoying ubiquity among conspiracy theorists. Anyone who believes in their story is uncritical, but anyone who believes in my story is "questioning". Unfortunately, the criticality with which one forms their beliefs is not judged by the content of the beliefs themselves, but rather, then manner in which the conclusions about these beliefs were reached. Thus, for example, I hold that the multifactorial combination of effects resulting in the towers being brought down is wholly the result of, and can be causally traced back to, the aircraft impacts. I believe this because I can actually evaluate the arguments being made pertaining to the outlined mechanics of collapse, something that requires you to, well you know...know stuff about physics. Small, irritating requisite, I know, but, there you go. So, a few more quick things to point out:

-I am not American

-I live approximately 8,500 miles from the continental US

-I don't care about "what really happened" on 9/11. I just care about physics. So, if you wouldn't mind, could we discuss some physics?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

skepticdude
User is offlineOffline
Sanitarium wrote:I have cut

Sanitarium wrote:
I have cut out HUGE SLABS of your reply as they are irrelevant to the Osama tapes. If I have cut out anything in error please let me know.

All of my arguments were designed to back up earlier arguments regarding the Osama tapes or my logic in denying their authenticity.  This will be my last response to you, I am going to create a new thread on a subject that you need help in.

skepticdude wrote:

Begging the question.  The use of fake video obviously wouldn't be admitted by the agencies accused of producing it.  If they did fake video, you have no rational right to expect them to admit it, so their failure to admit to something would not count as evidence that the videos are real.  You wil have to ditch that objection and find another reason to reject the very valid and possible prospect of faked videos.

In other words you have no evidence. This does not give you the right to state it as fact, or even a high possibility. Bring the evidence that this is happening or find another way to sneak your conspiracy theory in.

The comment you made, which I was responding to, tried to make the point that no experts or FBI, etc, have admitted video fraud:

Quote:
Red herring. We are not discussing video/audio manipulation. It has not been suggested by experts/FBI etc.., nor has any evidence been presented that the video we see is computer generated.

You said "it has not been suggested by experts/FBI etc..."  You are wrong.  Bruce Lawrence is a properly qualified expert on Osama who calls the 2001 tape fake, and you have far less reason to distrust his motives/judgement than you have to distrust the Bush administration.

Which means you are incorrect to assert there have been no experts alleging this 2001 tape is fake.

skepticdude wrote:

Fine....suppose a woman friend of yours says you admitted stealing her $15,000 gold collection,

<< SNIP >>

As I stated I'm not interested in discussing <what if>'s with you when you insist in laying theory apon theory to make your case. You're not big on evidence, are you? Simply saying If A), B) and C) are true, then <conclusion> is not good enough. Without supporting evidence there is nothing.

First, hypothetical situations are routine for argumentation.  That hypothetical and the one before it illustrated very powerfully the ability of the government to create fake video, which should temper your child-like trust in the Bush administrations claim for this Osama video. 

Second, you have not addressed the very relevant topic of when it's rational to withdraw your trust in a person's general integrity and trustworthiness.  You keep blasting away that I have no evidence the Osama tape is fake, when in fact I've already made my case, several times, that you should first DISTRUST Bush's evidence, and demand that his supporters authenticate it.  That's your achilles heel, so I'm gonna start a new topic on it to expose your ridiculous idea that Bush deserves our trust first regarding the 2001 Osama video, when in fact Bush and his evidence don't deserve to be given that special favor.  You trust your wife, your kids, the neighbor and the local hardware store owner.  You don't trust a greedy politician that has used lies and fake evidence before to justify pushing good Americans into an illegal war, keeping alive a well-known tradition of using lies and fake evidence to decieve one's fellow countrymen into illegal wars.

Quote:
Moreover, the fact that no one has admitted to doing any of the things you are talking about does NOT mean they are actually doing it. In order to say this, you need to present evidence.

I never told you the tapes were fake simply because American government has the technology to create such fake tapes.  I told you that this capability, in the hands of a government that has used exactly lies and faked evidence before, should make you approach your theory with caution, instead of just blasting out of the gates by trusting Bush from the beginning.   20 years ago your rash argument would have had some merit, but not in today's world of advanced technology.  Again, it doesn't prove the videos are fake, it proves that you should set forth your theory less quickly, the way you talk about that tape, you act as if the Bush administration never gave you any reason to doubt their integrity.

skepticdude wrote:
That's exactly what I'm doing.  I don't find the 2001 Osama tape convincing, so I'm looking at the history of the Bush administration and high government in general to determine whether it's more likely or less likely that our government would lie and use false evidence to prop up it's illegal war.

Quote:
No, what you have done is decide that its a conspiracy/cover up and now you're twisting everything and piling up "what if's" in order to make everything fit.Unfortunately for you, the evidence does not support your conclusion (at least the evidence presented or known about).

You lose that point, you assert I twist things, but you fail to provide evidence for such.

skepticdude wrote:
Only people who already trust the government, take something as controversial as a politically well-timed convenient "discovery" of an Osama confession tape as authentic. 

Quote:
well SNAP for you! I'm not an American. There goes your "trust the government" theory.

Well I guess your analysis goes SNAP, since you don't need to be American to trust the American government or the things it sets forth as evidence. 

skepticdude wrote:
Oh I'm sorry, I should have guessed that assuming your own viewpoint with the fallacy of begging the question shot my position out of the sky.

It appears you don't actually know what Begging the question fallacy is. Here is a link for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question . If one asks you to provide evidence for your assertations, this is not "begging the question." FACT: if you say "The Osama video is FAKE" then you need to provide evidence to SHOW this is the case.

Let me remind you of what you said, so I can defend my accusation that you committed the fallacy of begging the question.

I had said: "Is the burden of proof on me to prove it's not Osama?"

You replied:  "YES!!! The man in the vid is identified as Osama."

Since Osama's identification in that vid is the very question disputed between us, that statement of yours begs the question at issue.  I would also have begged the question if I had something something like "YES!!! The man in the vid is not identified as Osama."   Face it, you begged the question fair and square, then you have the audacity to claim I don't know what begging the question is. 

Quote:
Accusing someone continually of logical fallacies in an attempt to discredit them is actually a logical fallacy in itself - Ad Hominem.

First, I never argued that your logical fallacies imply you should be discredited.  I've only said you are wrong for various reasons, I've never said you are thus discredited.  Indeed I couldn't, as I don't know what level of trust you deserve as a person because I've never met you personally.

Second, if I HAD tried to discredit you by reciting a list of logical fallacies I thought you committed, that's not ad hominem.  Ad Hominem is not the conclusion that somebody should be discredited, but is an argument "to the man", or speaking against the other person's level of education as a reason to discredit them.

skepticdude wrote:
Fallacy of begging the question.  It's obvious that anybody who wants to fake an Osama video and have it taken seriously, would be sure to use footage of Osama acting like Osama.  You are wrong anyway, the FBI says Osama is lefthanded, but in the 2001 video he writes with his right hand.

Quote:
Sorry, but you don't know what "begging the question" is. Go look it up. I have helpfully provided a link above. On the other hand, you saying "its obvious to anybody" is actually the logical fallacy of "Appeal to popularity" and also "mass generalisation"

It's obvious to anybody that the sun lights the earth during the daytime.  Will you now say I stated a truth via logical fallacy?  Maybe it can only lead to problems and inaccurate analysis to say "it's obvious to everybody that the sun lights the earth during the daytime" ?

skepticdude wrote:
Strawman, what red herring? 

Again, please read up on logical fallacies. A strawman argument is when I say that you are saying something you are NOT and then I attack it.

Yes, I disagreed with your caricature of my argument as a red herring, therefore I accuse you of falsely identifying my words as red herrings, which means you misrepresented my position, and misrepresentation of somebody's argument is "strawman."  You are free to reject my analysis, but your rejection of it doesn't suddenly require I don't understand what the logical fallacy was.

Quote:
I have done no such thing. In fact, you brought up the yellowcake RED HERRING therefore I am still correct in my pointing out of this.

Why do you think the yellow-cake issue is a red herring?  If it's wrong to bring up a person's past demonstrated examples of lying, deceit or use of false evidence, why do courts of law allow such to be brought up against witness credibility?  I think you are simply insisting it's a red herring because you know the yellowcake issue attacks Bush's credibility, but you'd rather die than give up your trust in that Osama 2001 tape which hinges on his credibility.

skepticdude wrote:

I did not deliberately change the subject, which is what a red herring is

Quote:
No, a red herring is when you introduce information that is not relevant. Changing the subject is not "red herring".

False, one of the the standard university textbooks on logic identifies "red herring" as an attempt to "change the subject", see "Good Reasons For Better Arguments", by Jacqueline M. Davies, page 203.

skepticdude wrote:

Strawman, Bruce Lawrence, the Osama-expert I cited,  is not a government employee.

Quote:
Please go and find out what a Strawman argument is. My goodness. So you are making an appeal to Authority then (logical fallacy).?

You originally caricatured my argument like this:

Quote:
This is HILARIOUS! Here is what you are saying:

(a) The Government is lying to us! They did 9/11!!

(b) The Government's OWN bin laden experts claim the video is fake!!!

You misrepresented my position in the matter, since I never told you Bruce was a government expert, and he never gave you a reason to think he was anway.  SO you misrepresented my position, which means you committed the straw man fallacy.

skepticdude wrote:
I must be rattling your cage pretty good, the increase in your exclamation marks suggests heightened stress levels in your attempted rebuttal.  Quit kicking like a baby and be rational, I never set forth my view as completely obvious, only rationally warranted.

Quote:
Nice ad hominem there. No, I was imitating you... you're so eager to prove this is a big conspiracy that you are jumping all over the place. Simply I have asked for evidence that Osama is not really Osama and you have been unable to provide it; instead going off onto layers and layers of "what if's", building each new layer on top of your own errant conclusions. Well skepticdude; its all a house of cards and we can all see that. You can't drop even on part of your theory because then it all falls down. This would explain why you are so insistent on each extrapolated point.

Or, I simply don't find your arguments persausive for the reasons I give.

skepticdude wrote:

unfortunately for you, it is not clear what you think constitutes my "rambling", which makes me suspicious that you are attempting to avoid certain points that you are afraid to address.

Quote:

I told you at the start that I was not interested in anything BUT Osama bin Laden. Anything else you bring up will be ignored by me - which I took you to accept when you replied to my first posting in this thread. Just because you can't keep on topic with me doesn't mean I'm "avoiding" answering the other stuff. Frankly to me, it sounds like paranoid delusion. Have you heard of Alex Jones

Yes, I remember you attempting to limit the ways you can be refuted, by illogically limiting the discussion to Bin Laden solely, when in fact all arguments of this sort make use of hypotheticals. Your refusal to consider "what if's" only tells me that the "what if's" have probably killed you before in this sort of debate, so you naturally and irrationally refuse to allow these otherwise routine argument strategies. 

snip

skepticdude wrote:
Quote:
If I can turn you into a homosexual republican polar bear with less than $1000 of commerically avaiable equipment, what do you think I could do if Congress got all pissed off about 911 and so handed me $80 Billion dollars to support my war against Osama?

Very solid point, I can understand why you'd ignore it: the technology is sufficiently advanced that disproving a video fake would be extremely difficult.   The video could easily be authentic footage of Osama with morphed voice causing him to make incriminating statements.

Nope! "what IF the Government is making fake videos and releasing them as the real thing? I state they ARE therefore Osama is fake."  Sorry that doesn't fly with me since your original premise is flawed since its based on your own speculation and no proof.

Let's try to keep things in perspective here.  You have provide no rational warrant to start off TRUSTING the Bush Administration's claims, while I have done what any attorney in a court of law would do, brought up evidence of the defendant's past deceitful history for the jury to consider in relation to the current charges, as a very legally justified way, accept in all American courts of Law, to discredit your source of the tape.  You lose like a horse running over an uncovered manhole with this objection of mine, so it's no mystery why you arbitrarily insist on avoiding it.

I'll deal with the rest of your post tomorrow.

Faith does not have the power to move mountains. However, it does have the power to make you think a mountain has moved.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
You guys need to learn how

You guys need to learn how to use the quote function properly. I'm getting a headache trying to ID who wrote what.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Have you seen what our

Have you seen what our Government is capable of? A conspiracy?

They could barely react adequately to Katrina when there was a whole lot of warning.

The Government isn't capable. They're inept at best.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

skepticdude
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:Have you

Abu Lahab wrote:

Have you seen what our Government is capable of? A conspiracy?

They could barely react adequately to Katrina when therewas a whole lot of warning.

The Government isn't capable. They're inept at best.

Was Bush's slowness to react to Katrina, due to ineptitude, or willful desire to let people suffer?  When you really think about it, flooding occurs all the time in the winter in the U.S. and declaring a federal disaster area is pretty much routine.  It is not stupidity that prevented the Bush Administration from acting in a timely fashion regarding Katrina.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:The

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

The thing with these conspiracy theories, is that they aren't really falsifiable.

I'm tired of the term "conspiracy theory" receiving a blanketed negative tone in these conversations, so I'll simply point out that 19 men conspiring to commit a crime together is a conspiracy by definition.  In other words, the governments version of the story is in fact a conspiracy theory.

skepticdude
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:Quote:You

deludedgod wrote:

Quote:

You didn't reply directly to that rebuttal, you are simply side-stepping it and offering your own analysis which gets into other details which go beyond my specific NIST rebuttal.  We can discuss your own analysis after you refute my NIST attack, or else admit NIST was flawed.

Their analysis wasn't flawed. Your using it as support for your position was.

First, let's not speak too confidently about how NIST wasn't flawed.  People with ph.d's in fields related to NIST's research have filed appeals against NIST's findings, and NIST themselves admit there were grave uncertainties in their studies, which I will document later.

Second, I don't need to know physics in order to critique NIST the way I do.  You'll see why later on.  It's mostly for the same reason I don't need to know physics in order to know that a directed energy weapon didn't demolish the towers.

Quote:
The issue under discussion is whether the plane alone brought down the tower. Thus two primary causal factors need to be considered. The impact and the resulting ejecta and crushing of a floor, and the fire.

A "white paper" analysis was released in 1964, which said the towers were designed to remain standing after crash of a fully loaded 707 traveling 600 miles an hour.  Says a book written to defend the official account.  City in the Sky, page 131.  Frank Martini, construction manager for the WTC years later would say he thought the building could withstand multiple such impacts, as the design of the building was like mosquito netting, the plane being like a pencil puncturing the netting, it really does nothing to the netting.  That's a severe blow to the NIST report, as there is a severe difference between multiple plane impact damage and single plane impact damage. I'm sure you'll argue that the people who agree with my point of view simply don't know physics as well as you do.

Quote:
The steel might be able to withstand the design load, but that was not what was being exerted. Fire was the most important factor. Without the fire, there would be no viscoplasticity of the steel support, and thus no accelerating collapse due to the accretion of mass.

NISTNCSTAR 1-3 admits "None of the nine recovered panels from within the fire floors of WTC 2 were observed to have been directly exposed to pre-collapse fires." (p. xli)  NIST constantly qualifies these unfriendly findings with complaints that such samples are too small to represent a general truth.   We have to wonder what made them think their selection of sample material from the debris piles would be sufficient at the time of selection.   Did they only suddenly discover the insufficiency of the samples after determining that their exposure to fire wasn't enough to help induce global collapse?  Did they choose samples that could be safely assumed to represent the rest, yes or no?

They also complain that they don't know whether their samples underwent fire damage after the collapse, in the inexplicably 2000 degree oven of the rubble pile.  That might make sense if the fires were on much lower floors.  But the fire damaged steel from high up at the point of plane impact/fire is more likely to be thrown clear of the post-collapse fires. Watch the collapse videos...steel is bring thrown around like a rag doll, it's more likely that the steel allegedly exposed to fire in WTC 2, being so high up, would have been near the top of the rubble pile, or thrown clear of the center, arguing that this steel was thrown clear of the post-collapse undergound fire-area.  NIST's caveats are not realistic.  The fire damage was minimal.

You also now disagree with head WTC construction engineer John Skilling, who specifically said the fires from the jet fuel were the most pressing concern and that the while the building would suffer damage, the structure would still be there:

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19930227&slug=1687698

You are free of course to assume Skilling, a top architect in tall building design, simply didn't realize that a plane crash would rip away the fireproofing material.  But that's highly doubtful. 

Skilling is also said of the WTC..."live loads on these [perimeter] columns can be increased more than 2000% before failure occurs." (Engineering News Record, April 2, 1964)

Quote:
Obviously, the other rather important factor was that a plane impacting a building at those speeds will transfer over 10GJ of kinetic energy into the building. These two factors were sufficient to take down the building, as I have shown above.

Then why doesn't the architectural firm that designed the towers agree with you in their statements about WTC surviving multiple plane crashes and live load capacities capable of exponetial increase without failure?  Maybe they didn't know physics as well as you?  Go read the Richard Roth telegram; the WTCs were 16 times stiffer than conventional buildings, and the analysis supporting this conclusion was more extensive than for any other building structure for the time in 1965.

The heated disagreements between the WTC construction architects and NIST give somebody rational warrant to believe one of the parties is not just "wrong", but outrightly LYING. 

Sanitarium
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:You guys

deludedgod wrote:

You guys need to learn how to use the quote function properly. I'm getting a headache trying to ID who wrote what.

I'm sorry! I have quoted properly I think!! However this editor for replies is incompatible with my operating system, leaving me unable to insert any other formatting (or so an annoying popup tells me) lol.

@Skeptic: I am finished discussing this with you - you have been unable to present the evidence I have been asking for - and I am not interested in replying to your continual conspiracy claims against the Governement.  I remain, at this time, unconvinced. Your last post to me has gone unread because this is the SECOND one that you have severely screwed up the quotes on and I'm not sorting through it again.

Thanks and best wishes!

-Sani

skepticdude
User is offlineOffline
Sanitarium wrote:deludedgod

Sanitarium wrote:

deludedgod wrote:

@Skeptic: I am finished discussing this with you - you have been unable to present the evidence I have been asking for - and I am not interested in replying to your continual conspiracy claims against the Governement.  I remain, at this time, unconvinced. Your last post to me has gone unread because this is the SECOND one that you have severely screwed up the quotes on and I'm not sorting through it again.

Thanks and best wishes!

-Sani

Anybody can check the quotes for themselves and see that I misquoted nothing.   If I screwed up any quotes, that's a reason to DEBATE, not DECLINE.  I think you buckled because I rationalized my position without the use of physics, and showed that knowledge of physics is not necessary to sustain my belief that the Bush Administration planned 911.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
No...you don't understand

No...you don't understand what I mean. Just read the post you just wrote. You put text written by Sani under my name. That's a really basic error. It's the sort of error both of you have been making, leading to totally confusing exchanges.

-Me

Books about atheism

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Cpt_pineapple

Sapient wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

The thing with these conspiracy theories, is that they aren't really falsifiable.

I'm tired of the term "conspiracy theory" receiving a blanketed negative tone in these conversations, so I'll simply point out that 19 men conspiring to commit a crime together is a conspiracy by definition.  In other words, the governments version of the story is in fact a conspiracy theory.

But certainly not a conspiracy in the sense the "Truthers" paint it as. You and I have been over this, many times. By this definition of terms, it's a conspiracy when I plan a surprise birthday party.

Frankly, I've made my stance on this topic known plainly several times in the past. I do not believe there was any sort of government conspiracy to carry out the attacks or allow them to happen. Yes, there was plenty of incompetence. Yes, there were probably attempts to conceal the actual degree of that incompetence after the fact (so there's your conspiracy I suppose).

Frankly, I find it hard to believe that the same government the truthers paint as incompetent is capable of carrying out such a scheme. You can't have it both ways.

I also find it odd that the truthers have done NOTHING but bitch on the internet for better part of a decade. Personally, were I convinced our government perpetrated such an act on its own civilians, I'd be loading my guns and heading to Washington. The lack of follow through here is curious to me.

In the end all we ever get are people pointing out things that look "fishy", and then speculating to no end. I've not seen a shred of solid empirical evidence that would convince me of any "conspiracy" - and let's stop there for a moment.

One of my biggest problems with this whole truth movement is that I've NEVER seen anyone lay down in black and white a concrete explanation on what actually happened.

All I see is "well this looks like an implosion.....this looks like that.....some talking head said a terrorist attack would be good for us several years ago.....squibs.....where is the video tape....there looks like there is something weird on that plane...." and none of it amounts to anything other than simply building an air of mysticism.

It's a load of bollocks. I don't accept "evidence" or "explanations" like this from people who believe in god or bigfoot, so why would you expect me to accept them from you?

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Balrogoz
User is offlineOffline
Ben Franklin wrote:Three

Ben Franklin wrote:
Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

Just...   hang on.  Science and fact aside, one must believe that dozens, if not hundreds, of complicit intelligence and law enforcement officials were involved in this.  These are groups that recruit from the most gung-ho hoo-rah pro-american organizations and make them more hoo-rah pro-american agents.  I can't buy that.  These organizations would be working together and coordinating activities and sharing information.  They simply don't do that.

In the book The Mothman Prophecies (not the movie) Keel talks about his efforts to uncover a conspiracy between the government, air force, and the telcoms to track, intimidate, and spy on alien abductees.  His conclusion is that they simply could not do so.  There would be far too many people involved and these organizations are all far too bureaucratic.  It's inconceivable, and that is only a small fraction of the agencies involved with the tragedy at hand ~and~ doesn't include murder or domestic invasion.

There are secrets that our government kept from us.  The stealth bomber, torpedo battery test results, weather information (ish).  The funny thing about these secrets is that the people that lived in these areas weren't surprised at all when the secrets became not-secret.  Why?  Because they weren't secret, really.  Even the weather thing was well known before there could even be a decision made about it.  

If I have gained anything by damning myself, it is that I no longer have anything to fear. - JP Sartre

skepticdude
User is offlineOffline
For those who deny that 911

For those who deny that 911 was an inside job, would it be fair to deduce that you know next to nothing about America's own history of false flag terrorism?

A reporter asked Condi Rice in a May 16, 2002 press conference an important question:

Q Dr. Rice, are you aware of the reports at the time that -- was in Washington on September 11th, and on September 10th, $100,000 was wired to Pakistan to this group here in this area? While he was here meeting with you or anybody in the administration?

DR. RICE: I have not seen that report, and he was certainly not meeting with me.

that's a direct cut and paste from the White House's Official transcript of the press conference at:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/05/20020516-13.html

Notice those "--" that omit somebody's name?

CNN is part of the conspiricy too:

CNN: SHOW: CNN INSIDE POLITICS 16:00, May 16, 2002 Thursday, Transcript # 051600CN.V15

QUESTION: Are you aware of the reports at the time that (inaudible) was in Washington on September 11. And on September 10, $ 100,000 was wired from Pakistan to these groups here in this area? And while he was here, was he meeting with you or anybody in the administration?

RICE: I have not seen that report, and he was certainly not meeting with me.
====================================

The FDCH is part of the conspiricy too:

FDCH Federal Department and Agency Documents REGULATORY INTELLIGENCE DATA, May 16, 2002 Thursday, AGENCY: WHITE HOUSE

Q Dr. Rice, are you aware of the reports at the time that -- was in Washington on September 11th, and on September 10th, $ 100,000 was wired to Pakistan to this group here in this area? While he was here meeting with you or anybody in the administration?

DR. RICE: I have not seen that report, and he was certainly not meeting with me.
======================================

However, the Federal News Service is honest enough to include the name of the man the reporter clearly named in his question to Rice:

Federal News Service May 16, 2002 Thursday, SECTION: WHITE HOUSE BRIEFING, HEADLINE: SPECIAL WHITE HOUSE BRIEFING

Q Are you aware of the reports at the time that ISI chief was in Washington on September 11th, and on September 10th, $ 100,000 was wired from Pakistan to these groups here in this area? And why he was here? Was he meeting with you or anybody in the administration?

MS. RICE: I have not seen that report, and he was certainly not meeting with me.
=====================================

Did you notice that CNN and the White House and the FDCH ommitted "the ISI chief" from the reporter's question?

Why do you suppose they omitted this key identification phrase?

Looks like a deliberate attempt to cover-up American connections with the ISI chief on the morning of 911, you know, that ISI chief who authorized a $100,000 wire transfer to 911 terrorist Atta.

The video for this press conference disappeared from youtube, and while I haven't been able to locate any HQ copies of it, I do have the audio, and the reporter clearly says "ISI chief".  Which means the White House website and CNN and various Federal News Agencies, by deleting this detail, or saying it was "inaudible" are attempting to cover up this ISI Chief's connections to the 911 terrorists. 

Now why would they wish to do this?

Could it be because that ISI Chief, Mahmoud Ahmed, was having breakfast in America on the morning of 911 with Senate Intelligence Committee members Porter Goss and Bob Graham?

What's worse,the FBI confirmed in late September, in an interview with ABC News (which went virtually unnoticed) that the 9-11 ring leader, Mohammed Atta, had been financed from unnamed sources in Pakistan:

"As to September 11th, federal authorities have told ABC News they have now tracked more than $100,000 from banks in Pakistan, to two banks in Florida, to accounts held by suspected hijack ring leader, Mohammed Atta. As well . . . "Time Magazine" is reporting that some of that money came in the days just before the attack and can be traced directly to people connected to Osama bin Laden. It's all part of what has been a successful FBI effort so far to close in on the hijacker's high commander, the money men, the planners and the mastermind."  (Statement of Brian Ross reporting on information conveyed to him by the FBI, ABC News, This Week, September 30, 2001)

What was Mahmoud doing on Capitol Hill on the morning of September 11, together with Rep. Porter Goss and Senator Bob Graham and other members of the Senate and House intelligence committees, since this ISI Chief was previously known to be connected to the 911 terrorists?

If you know about America's history of engaging in false-flag terrorism so as to stir the enconomy with a war-budget, why are you so convinced that 911 was perpetrated by the very group that refused to give Bush a cheap pipeline through Afghanistan in April 2001?  Yes, the Taliban and the Bush administration were friends in early 2001, as Bush tried to convince them to let him build an oil pipe through their land.  They didn't go for it and rejected the offer in early 2001.  Then suddenly, 911 happens, and everybody is absolutely positive it's the Taliban.

And what would you think if you found out that American military planes assisted in helping Osama escape American military?  Would that be covered under incompetence too?

What does it mean when Bush absolutely refuses to appear by himself before the 911 commission, but insists Cheney must be there too?

What does it mean when Bush and Cheney finally agree to testify, but only behind closed doors, no recording, and refusal to testify under oath?  Does that sound like somebody trying to hide embarassing incompetence, or attempt to avoid having anybody discover smoking gun evidence of Bush complicity in 911?

If a murde suspect on trial acted the way Bush has regarding evidence and disclosure, would you not suspect it's because they are trying to steer the prosecution away from evidence that will implicate them?

If my wife and I had a stormy relationship, then suddenly, she's found dead by gunshot, and I stand to collect $5 million in life insurance (after I have declared my desire to expand my business, and have complained that it will be a long process without some catastrophe that would make me rich)....wouldn't it be rational to first suppose the person who benefits the most from a crime probably had something to do with it's commission or planning?

What does it mean when Bush, after assuring America for years that Osama surely was guilty of 911, is no longer interested in pursuing Bin Laden?  Incompentence, or "Osama has done his job and is now irrelevent?"  The President doesnt' care about the whereabouts of Osama, who allegedly caused the worst breach of national security in our country's history?  Incompetence, or job well done, go home?

Hasn't the Bush administration told enough lies and spun enough truth to make you suspicious that they had something to do with the event that made America's defense contractors richer than any previous war?  Does bush need to show up at a school and start shooting the kids dead before you will admit there's probably an evil conspiricy going on?  If so, how is this different from his choice to bomb the hell out of the middle east, knowing he is killing innocent children for a totally illegal war, which even Fox News admits was an "optional" war, which war is also started with fraudulent manufactured evidence?

Dick Cheney fought the GOA's perfectly lawful requests to disclose the subject and notes of his meetings with energy executives.  Incompetence?  Or extreme desire to hide something?  What exactly is there to hide?  Might it be that deal with the Taliban they were trying to close in early 2001, which would look suspicious if it got out that the Bush administration is trying to do deals with terrorists?   If desire to hide something, might it be due to the fact that he knows he could face serious legal problems and possible impeachment if they were disclosed?

How about Bush's Patriot Act, which destroys constitutional rights?

How about the completely unbelievable slowness to respond to the Katrina victims?

Gee, was 911 just a lucky day for America's oil and defense contractors, or do you think there was a reason Bush was kicking people off terrorist investigations?

Then there's the Downing street memo.

I've got more rational warrant than I need, to believe the Bush administration, at a minimum, assisted the terrorists to make sure they'd succeed.  I've yet to hear anybody show how all these deliberate lies are just "incompetence."

But give it your best shot.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://herebedragonsmovie.com

http://herebedragonsmovie.com/

A worthwhile watch for anyone interested in subjects such as this.

skepticdude
User is offlineOffline
update on Condi Rice's May 16 2002 lie

I previously said I couldn't locate the video of Condi Rice where the reporter clearly stated "ISI Chief", which the official White House transcript omitted from that press conference.

I now have this video in HQ if anybody is interested.

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
skepticdude wrote:For those

skepticdude wrote:

For those who deny that 911 was an inside job, would it be fair to deduce that you know next to nothing about America's own history of false flag terrorism?

No.

You are talking to a guy who is inherently mistrustful of our government and well aware of its history.

Again, in your long-winded tirade, you've really not laid out any facts or empirical evidence. You've not addressed my complaints or the complaints of others either. Like I said, all you are doing is building a ridiculously unfocused, circumstantial, biased and mysterious case. That is NOT convincing to people who require actual evidence.

That is your problem, and you do little to address it, because there is little you can do, I imagine. I require more than speculation and selective interpretation. If that was all I required, I would not believe we landed on the Moon.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Adnihilo
Adnihilo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think when it comes down

I think when it comes down to it 911 isn't nearly as relevant as the the all too coincidental events and time line surrounding the all too forgotten Anthrax-aided passage of the Patriot Act just after 9/11. 

“The number of unlikely ‘coincidences’ associated with the anthrax attacks on the media and Congress makes it almost impossible to believe that they were random.” This of course is not proof. There needs to be an immediate non-governmental probe into the actual perpetrators behind these attacks the FBI has intentionally tried to steer towards a different direction than the evidence points at, the Bush Administration. An investigation best done by an agency from outside the US, perhaps within the UN. No one in our government can be trusted with this sort of investigation into the same bold, treacherous and arrogant tyrants who overthrew US democracy through proven election fraud and illicitly seized control over the federal government not once, but twice. These terrorist acts directly resulted in the unconstitutional Patriot Act as the new ‘laws of the land’ rendering the country’s most sacred laws from the Bill of Rights as meaningless words.

On June 7, 2002, Judicial Watch, a ‘conservative’ group of lawyers formed to investigate and prosecute US government corruption and abuse, issued a press release headed “Judicial Watch Wants to Know Why White House Went on Cipro Beginning September 11th: What Was Known and When?”. “Judicial Watch also anounced in their press release that they had filed suit against the Bush Admin for FOIA access to documents about the anthrax-aided Patriot Act attacks, asserting top Bush-GOP officials knew the bioterrorist attacks were coming.

The FBI investigations into these 2001 Anthrax Attacks have been a complete farce since they began to intentionally steer it away from the actual perpetrators. Wayne Madsen in ‘Counterpunch’ writes “Forget unfounded conspiracy theories. The evidence is overwhelming that the FBI has consistently shied away from pursuing the anthrax investigation, in much the same way it avoided pursuing leads in the USS Cole, East Africa U.S. embassies, and Khobar Towers bombings.”

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.”
Samuel Adams; Chief Massachusetts leader of the Patriot cause leading to the American Revolution.

Many might argue facts showing Bush-GOP complicity in the 9-11 attacks to be one of the major events of the 21st century that had turned a US democratic republic into the new ‘Former USA’. However, it was the end results of the anthrax-aided Patriot Act that became far more harmful to our freedoms than the multitude of suspicious facts surrounding the 9-11 attacks implicating the illegal Bush-GOP regime.

These following anthrax facts and their event time line go far beyond any realm of random coincidence, especially when combined with the previous known proven facts illustrating the tyrannical, arrogant, and bold nature of our present illegal rulers to overthrow democracy and seize supreme control and power.  It is a time line of events showing these same tyrants had the motive, the means and the definitive plan to force a few politicians in US legislature that could possibly put a stop to the initial Patriot Act, to relinquish their objections, or die. For the additionally relevant time line and sources to these factual events, go to Government By Anthrax. Also reference Did the Government Okay the Anthrax Attacks? for more conclusive information to the affirmative that indeed, the Bush regime attacked its own Congress to scare them into passage of the Patriot Act.

Anthrax Attack Facts Far Beyond Any Realm of Mere Coincidence:

Attacks were concurrent with the debate of Bush’s Patriot Act by Congress and the media. The Senators who received anthrax letters were trying to amend the Patriot Act to protect civil liberties and the innocent. Two Senate democratic leaders received anthrax letters mailed the same day that Senator Feingold blocked an attempt to rush the bill through without discussion or amendments. Senator Leahy received an anthrax threat after he expressed reservations about the Bill. As Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, he managed the debate on the Bill. Senate Majority Leader Daschle received the first Senate anthrax letter as he led the opposition to the original version of the Bill. After receiving the anthrax letter, Daschle switched from supporting a 2 year limit on the Bill, later defending a 4-year sunset clause as the appropriate balance. No Republican received an anthrax letter. The House and Senate buildings were closed and not reopened until after the Patriot Act was passed. The Supreme Court was shut down with an anthrax scare the day after the constitutionally-challenged Patriot Act was signed by President Bush. All the contaminated letters contained the Ames strain of anthrax, the DNA of which is traced to the original batch preserved in a university lab in Ames, Iowa. This strain was ‘weaponized’ in Utah into a potent powder with an elaborate secret technique developed at Fort Detrick, Maryland. The FBI failed to interview Ft. Detrick anthrax experts for two months into their investigation, doing it only after the experts complained to the press of gross incompetence on the part of the FBI. The FBI allowed the Iowa state lab to destroy the original batch of the Ames strain, making tracing the anthrax type more difficult. Three top anthrax experts with knowledge of this US bio-weapons program died under suspicious circumstances within this ten day period. The FBI overruled local homicide detectives claiming one of the anthrax experts was possibly murdered because he knew too much.

Government by Anthrax

by Richard J. Ochs, June 9, 2002

“The number of unlikely ‘coincidences’ associated with the anthrax attacks on the media and Congress makes it almost impossible to believe that they were random. The simultaneous debate of Bush’s Patriot Bill in Congress points to the existence of a cabal of domestic conspirators which succeeded in terrorizing the body politic to influence legislation.

If so, this American terrorism was much more harmful to democracy than the attacks on 9-11. It is frighteningly reminiscent of how Hitler grabbed power in 1933 when arsonists destroyed the Reichstag parliament building. Bush is taking advantage of widespread fear, whether he was party to the anthrax cabal or not. He is wielding dictator-like power to push through dozens of unpopular environmental, nuclear, economic and star wars policy changes. He has no electoral mandate for these policies and they have nothing to do with fighting terrorism.

Moreover, the anthrax-aided Patriot Act gave the President unprecedented police power over all citizens, not just suspected terrorists or foreigners. According to Senator Russell D. Feingold, the act would ‘allow police to scan computer activity without a search warrant, to execute a search warrant without informing the subject, and to review private medical records as well as business records.’ Representative Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland, who also voted against the Act, criticized ‘wiretaps that could record conversations of people unconnected to the investigation targets.’ The anthrax terror in Congress weakened the rights and well being of U.S. citizens.

The glaring coincidence of the anthrax attacks with the passage of the Patriot Act can only be ignored as an elephant is ignored at a tea party. It is believable that this coincidence was overlooked in the fall of 2001 due to all the confusion, including letters to other places. In historical hindsight, the connection is obvious. It can be ignored now only as Germans ignored the death camps. The brazenness of the crime was unbelievable. Moreover, to admit the crime’s existence requires a courageous response. Timid souls may be tempted to stick their heads in the sand rather than do what is required to expose and root out criminals in high places, especially in time of war. The obvious response would be a Congressional investigation with no holds barred, even if it goes all the way to the top. The war for democracy must start at home.”

If there was a God, Man wouldn't have had to invent him [reversing Voltaire's famous quote].

Junichi
User is offlineOffline
 Most likely. Unfortunatly

Most likely. Unfortunatly i feel as though the towers were 'Ment' to fall. Hey it ultimitly got us in control of iraq, right? I think that was the plan since 1990, take over  iraq.

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't believe the

I don't believe the "official" story is true. The evidence is out there to make me skeptical that no one knew that something was happening that particuliar day. Willie Brown, mayor of San Francisco, was warned not to fly before 9/11.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/09/12/MN229389.DTL

Of course this doesn't mean I believe that everything the "truthers" put out is true. I just deny the fact that the government is telling the truth concerning what exactly happened. They lied to us about everything else why wouldn't they lie about 9/11?

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS