A Long Time Ago, In a Galaxy Far, Far Away... (For Jesus Christ Histrocity Advocates)

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
A Long Time Ago, In a Galaxy Far, Far Away... (For Jesus Christ Histrocity Advocates)

Star Wars is a historical narrative. I'm absolutely certain of it. It's just that it happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Look at the evidence! The characters were just way too creative and orginal to be made-up! I mean... 'Yoda'? 'Luke Skywalker'? Who could just come-up with names like that? Plus, I mean, look at the films! Lucas filmed them in an almost documentary-esque story!

Besides, we know the universe is big, and galaxies really are very distant from each other. And we also know it's really old. So there!

What evidence do you have that the events of Star Wars did not happen a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? Yeah. That's what I thought.

STFU.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Presuppositionalist
Theist
Presuppositionalist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Star

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Star Wars is a historical narrative. I'm absolutely certain of it. It's just that it happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Look at the evidence! The characters were just way too creative and orginal to be made-up! I mean... 'Yoda'? 'Luke Skywalker'? Who could just come-up with names like that? Plus, I mean, look at the films! Lucas filmed them in an almost documentary-esque story!

Besides, we know the universe is big, and galaxies really are very distant from each other. And we also know it's really old. So there!

What evidence do you have that the events of Star Wars did not happen a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? Yeah. That's what I thought.

STFU.

That Star Wars is presented as a fiction?

Q: Why didn't you address (post x) that I made in response to you nine minutes ago???

A: Because I have (a) a job, (b) familial obligations, (c) social obligations, and (d) probably a lot of other atheists responded to the same post you did, since I am practically the token Christian on this site now. Be patient, please.

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
You mean you havent got a

You mean you havent got a degree in Death Star Mechanics, do you know how many people it takes to build one of those !

A degree in this is about as valuable as a degree in Theoloy, its just a completely non subject.

Star Wars is actually an incredible good example of how atheists see the bible, just a good story but utterly fiction.

Christians can quote the bible and I will quote yoda and I reckon my quotes are more useful for modern day life

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
goes like this -  Bible,

goes like this -  Bible, Twilight Zone, Star Trek ..... all the same shit ..... evolution >>>

Presuppositionalist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Quote: A degree in this is

Quote:
A degree in this is about as valuable as a degree in Theoloy, its just a completely non subject.

LOL. What do you know about theology?

Theologians were debating free will long before the philosophers and the neuroscientists. Modern philosophy of mind is nothing but a rerun of stuff they did in THE FIFTEENTH CENTURY. Your attitude is exactly what has prevented people from seeing this and making use of their achievements.

Theologians came up with the concept of mass. Not the physicists, not the chemists, the theologians.

Theology- a non subject? Hardly. Try reading the people you criticise.

Q: Why didn't you address (post x) that I made in response to you nine minutes ago???

A: Because I have (a) a job, (b) familial obligations, (c) social obligations, and (d) probably a lot of other atheists responded to the same post you did, since I am practically the token Christian on this site now. Be patient, please.

Jiggles Vibe
User is offlineOffline
Quote from Yoda

fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Jiggles Vibe
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Presuppositionalist wrote:

Theologians came up with the concept of mass. Not the physicists, not the chemists, the theologians.

care to tell us where you got that from?

"The longer you live the higher you fly,
the smiles you'll give and the tears you'll cry,
all you touch and all you see,
is all your life will ever be."
-Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon.

Presuppositionalist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Well, I got it from a

Well, I got it from a physics textbook, but I don't have that with me and hence can't cite it. So here's the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.

"Giles' notion of quantitas materiae , which is not only generically extension or three-dimensionality, but seems to represent an unchangeable given “amount” of matter pertaining to a body, has been considered comparable, some difficulties notwithstanding, to the modern notion of mass (Donati 1988)."

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/giles/

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
err Theology the study of

err Theology the study of the nature of god.

As there is no evidence whatsoever of the existance of god it is a totally and utterly non subject and yes it has as much value as a degree in death star design or a degree in Klingon. Through both of those sound actually quite fun I wouldnt expect to contribute much to society with those.

Philosophy can have some uses in my opinion (through not everyone even agrees on that).

Study of religion, thats useful too,  god with a 99.9999% certainity doesnt exist but religion definitely does and has a major influence on humanity (usually bad but not always)

But I safely safe that theology has not contributed one useful thing in the history of mankind (not to say some theologists havent but generally with their science hats on).

Now where do I get to do my Klingon lessons?

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Well, I got it from a physics textbook, but I don't have that with me and hence can't cite it. So here's the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.

"Giles' notion of quantitas materiae , which is not only generically extension or three-dimensionality, but seems to represent an unchangeable given “amount” of matter pertaining to a body, has been considered comparable, some difficulties notwithstanding, to the modern notion of mass (Donati 1988)."

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/giles/

Except, of course, that mass as a concept pre-dating the ideas of Newtonian inertia, and later, potential variations in gravity, ie: 'how much matter is (object) made of?', would be expressed in terms of 'weight', 'volume', and 'displacement', and even the newest of those dates back at least as far as Archimedes, who beats out Giles of Rome (as opposed to Giles of Assisi) by about 1500 years.

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Fixing ..... As there is no

Fixing ..... someone else's words [  ] 

"As there is no evidence whatsoever of the existence of [ THAT RELIGIOUS ] god"

YUP                       Fucking Babel  

FUCK  > DOGMA

<  AMGOD 

( the letters  G   O   D  do not belong to the religious )

I AM Atheist,  I AM g o d

why would I lie, me god       

( look into the eyes of another and see yourself and understand the lie )                 

God is Atheist

OBVIOUSLY

I

A M

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Kevin R Brown wrote:

STFU.

The story is presented as fiction. I think it's obvious that the characters were real, though.

Myabe just a little exaggerated for effect.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randal: "There was something

Randal: "There was something else going on in Jedi. I never noticed it 'til today. They build another Death Star, Right?"
Dante: "Yeah."
Randal: "Now, the first one was completed and fully operational before the rebels destroyed it."
Dante: "Luke blew it up. Give credit where credit's due."
Randal: "And the second one was still being built when they blew it up."
Dante: "Compliments of Lando Calrissian."
Randal: "Something just never sat right with me that second time around. I could never put my finger on it, but something just wasn't right."
Dante: "And you figured it out."
Randal: "The first Death Star was manned by the Imperial army. The only people on board were Storm troopers, Dignitaries, Imperialists."
Dante: "Basically."
Randal: "So when they blew it up, no problem. Evil's punished."
Dante: "And the second time around?"
Randal: "The second time around it wasn't even done being built yet. It was still under construction."
Dante: "So?"
Randal: "So, a construction job of that magnitude would require a hell of lot more manpower than the Imperial army had to offer. I'll bet they brought independent contractors in on that thing. Plumbers, aluminum siders, roofers--"
Dante: "Not just Imperialists. Is that what you're getting at?"
Randal: "Exactly. In order to get it built quickly and quietly, they'd hire anybody that could do the job. You think the average Storm Trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All's they know is killing and white uniforms."
Dante: "Alright, so, they bring in independent contractors. Why are you so upset at it's destruction."
Randal: "All those innocent contractors brought in to do the job are killed, casualtios of a war they had nothing to do with. Alright, look, you're a roofer. Some juicy government contract comes your way. You've got a wife and kids, the two-story in suburbia. This is a government contract which means all sorts of benefits. Along come these left-wing militants who blast everything within a three-mile radius with their lasers. You didn't ask for that; you had no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living."

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Yes you can't take Star Wars

Yes you can't take Star Wars as literal, its written in a way that people of the 1970's could understand using a language that was appropiate to the day.

There is historical proof of an empire existing and of people rebelling against it. There is archeological evidence of short people and objects that while made of metal could have been the precursors to light sabers

The Death Star may not literally have existed but the concepts of a big planet busting moon size spaceship is almost certainly correct and Luke Skywalker may not literally have had his hand cut of it could have represented his coming of age and realising his humanity.

So in general there is far more evidence for Star Wars than the bible

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Presuppositionalist

Kevin R Brown wrote:

STFU.

That is a vicious lie that has been circulated by anti-force jedi haters in order to discredit the learned ones and hide their truth!!
Don't believe that the government and media want you to think about George Lucas' intentions!!

(Incidently there are some good historical based arguments that the original Gospels were not intended to be presented as historical fact either.
Back then there was a popular Jewish literary fashion called Midrash.
It seems that the narrative of the Gospels fits this style better than that of the historical documents at the time.)

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I find it curious that the

I find it curious that the only scholars anymore who think the Bible was written as a history are Christians.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I find it

Hambydammit wrote:

I find it curious that the only scholars anymore who think the Bible was written as a history are Christians.

Being a christian and actually being a scholar of  the history of the times covered when the bible was allegidly written are totally incompatible.

A historian tries to to take evidence from multiple sources to try to understand what.where, why and by whom  actions took place in the past a christian well believes what ever the translation of his holy book  says.

It's an  interesting  point that religious people make that you can't study the bible if you dont believe in god, I could throw that back in their faces and actually say you cant seriously study the bible if you actually a christian?

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I really don't like Star

I really don't like Star Wars.  Really, really, really.  Really, really, really, really.  Really, really, really, really, really.  Really, really, really, really, really, really, really.  ...Really.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."