BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theological Question of the Century...

Did Mary come?

Did she scream 'Oh Gawd!' and mean it?

Or..

Did the Horny Spirit leave her hanging?

This I believe to be the most important theological question of all time.

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:Did Mary

Louis_Cypher wrote:

Did Mary come?

Of course she did, big time! How do you think she came up with name for her son?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Of course she did, big

Quote:
Of course she did, big time! How do you think she came up with name for her son?

Point for EXC.  Smiling

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:Of

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Point for EXC.  Smiling

No no no . . you have it all wrong.  Joseph inadvertantly named the child well before he was born.  This is how it really went down . . .

Mary:  JoJo boy?

Joseph: Yes hairy Mary?

Mary: I'm pregnant.

(long silence)

Joseph: JESUS CHRIST!

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Doubtful.

He seems to leave people hanging all the time. I see no reason why this would be any different.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
A bigger, and I think, more

A bigger, and I think, more important issue.  Since Jesus was Jewish, he was subject to the law until such a time as he declared that he was no longer under the law, which, IIRC, was in his 30s.  So...  in light of the passage in Leviticus indicating that women should be given poison to see if they have been faithful, shouldn't Mary have had to go through that test?  I mean... a baby certainly is a strong indicator of infidelity among virgins, but then, since she claimed divine immunity, shouldn't we have a record of her miraculously surviving the trial by poison?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:A bigger,

Hambydammit wrote:

A bigger, and I think, more important issue.  Since Jesus was Jewish, he was subject to the law until such a time as he declared that he was no longer under the law, which, IIRC, was in his 30s.  So...  in light of the passage in Leviticus indicating that women should be given poison to see if they have been faithful, shouldn't Mary have had to go through that test?  I mean... a baby certainly is a strong indicator of infidelity among virgins, but then, since she claimed divine immunity, shouldn't we have a record of her miraculously surviving the trial by poison?

That is a well structured piece of argument . . .  BURN THE WARLOCK!!!!!!

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff