Christian invents car that runs on water.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian invents car that runs on water.

Religion has solved the energy crisis. Apparently his car runs of faith and lies. Who needs physics and chemistry when you have Jesus?

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4991469

When I saw the Christian T shirt, the odds of this being true went from one in a billion to one in a zillion.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
You can run a car on water,

You can run a car on water, just not TOTALLY on water without some serious power (more than the alternator can generate). His car will never run totally on water, unless he *GASP* puts a bunch of batteries in the back and plugs it in at night.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Religion has

EXC wrote:

Religion has solved the energy crisis. Apparently his car runs of faith and lies. Who needs physics and chemistry when you have Jesus?

When I saw the Christian T shirt, the odds of this being true went from one in a billion to one in a zillion.

Did you even watch the whole video, or did you just close it when you saw that he was a Christian? 

This technology has been around for a while.  I'm just really not sure what your comments have to do with...well, anything, let alone the video. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Overly skeptical,

Overly skeptical, perhaps?

Just as a Christian endorsing a product/service lends it credibility with other Christians, it makes that same product look sleazier to skeptics.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Overly

jcgadfly wrote:

Overly skeptical, perhaps?

The funny thing is that he's willing to believe pretty much anything, so he goes for the water car. Not to say that electrolysis doesn't work, certainly, it's just that the claims that "HHO" contains more energy than gasoline is completely ridiculous. If that were the case, why would one need the extra gasoline?

Read a review of the power potential of hydroxy (sometimes called Brown's Gas after it's most famous charlatan promoter):

Brown's Gas - The Reality

To give you an idea of how ridiculous the usual talk about "Brown's Gas" is, read some of this:

Hydroxy

You'll recognize all the signs of crazy-town right off the bat. The author writes, "I have often referred to the Hydroxy reaction as not manifesting as a thing or substance, but rather an understanding."

Here's a gentle commentary on the whole thing:

Beware of Brown's Gas

[edit: I just have to add one more link]

A Sane View of Hydrogen

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote:EXC wrote:Religion

jmm wrote:

EXC wrote:

Did you even watch the whole video, or did you just close it when you saw that he was a Christian? 

This technology has been around for a while.  I'm just really not sure what your comments have to do with...well, anything, let alone the video. 

And here you are defending this (cough cough) "invention" simply because the (cough) "inventor" is obviously a bible thumping dimwit

This is a subliminal advertisement for religion in the disguise of being a story about a car that runs on water

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:jmm wrote:EXC

aiia wrote:

jmm wrote:

EXC wrote:

And here you are defending this (cough cough) "invention" simply because the (cough) "inventor" is obviously a bible thumping dimwit

I'm not defending the guy or the technology he's using, I simply stated that the original poster's comments had nothing at all to do with the video or the technology, and that I had at one point looked into it.  I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it works or not.

Quote:
This is a subliminal advertisement for religion in the disguise of being a story about a car that runs on water

I'm going to assume you're being facetious. 

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote:EXC wrote:Religion

jmm wrote:

EXC wrote:

So he just copied what someone else already did, then claims it as his own and that he is the one making a major breakthough. So much for religion making people more honest.

I watched the whole thing, when I saw the T-shirt, I new this would be pretty funny, a hard core Christian engineer. It doesn't solve any energy problem. How can you take anyone seriously in matters of technology and science that believes the Bybull is literally true?

I wonder if the reporter took this seriously or was this just a way to ridicule the hard-core religious.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

razorphreak
Theist
razorphreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:The funny

HisWillness wrote:
The funny thing is that he's willing to believe pretty much anything, so he goes for the water car. Not to say that electrolysis doesn't work, certainly, it's just that the claims that "HHO" contains more energy than gasoline is completely ridiculous. If that were the case, why would one need the extra gasoline?

Read a review of the power potential of hydroxy (sometimes called Brown's Gas after it's most famous charlatan promoter):

Brown's Gas - The Reality

To give you an idea of how ridiculous the usual talk about "Brown's Gas" is, read some of this:

Hydroxy

You'll recognize all the signs of crazy-town right off the bat. The author writes, "I have often referred to the Hydroxy reaction as not manifesting as a thing or substance, but rather an understanding."

Here's a gentle commentary on the whole thing:

Beware of Brown's Gas

[edit: I just have to add one more link]

A Sane View of Hydrogen

<offtopic>

Will,

Take a look at these two articles and tell me what you think about what this really might mean for hydrogen as an alternative.

Purdue Develops Alloy For Commercially Viable Hydrogen Production

Great Buckyballs! Storing Hydrogen with Carbon Nanostructures

What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason. - Voltaire

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jmm wrote:EXC

EXC wrote:

jmm wrote:

EXC wrote:

So he just copied what someone else already did, then claims it as his own and that he is the one making a major breakthough. So much for religion making people more honest.

I watched the whole thing, when I saw the T-shirt, I new this would be pretty funny, a hard core Christian engineer. It doesn't solve any energy problem. How can you take anyone seriously in matters of technology and science that believes the Bybull is literally true?

I wonder if the reporter took this seriously or was this just a way to ridicule the hard-core religious.

That's...still not the point.

It just seems to me as though you're using this opportunity to bend over backwards lampooning Christianity, but you're coming across as completely glib. 

I don't know if that guy invented the technology or not.  I read about it a few months ago, and I don't recall an inventor being explicitly tied to the material I was accessing.  He very well could have invented it, and it was his web page that I was reading; I don't recall. 

If it works, it most certainly solves an energy problem--that of through-the-roof oil prices, in particular.  But like I said, I don't know if it works or if it's a hoax.  It wasn't like the guy said that Jesus saved him all that gas--yet that's what you're making it sound like. 

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote:That's...still not

jmm wrote:

That's...still not the point.

It just seems to me as though you're using this opportunity to bend over backwards lampooning Christianity, but you're coming across as completely glib. 

I don't know if that guy invented the technology or not.  I read about it a few months ago, and I don't recall an inventor being explicitly tied to the material I was accessing.  He very well could have invented it, and it was his web page that I was reading; I don't recall. 

If it works, it most certainly solves an energy problem--that of through-the-roof oil prices, in particular.  But like I said, I don't know if it works or if it's a hoax.  It wasn't like the guy said that Jesus saved him all that gas--yet that's what you're making it sound like. 

We know what the laws of physics are chemistry are, so we know it's a hoax and junk science. The reporter could have asked a 1000 credible scientists, they would all say it's a hoax.

I don't understand what you think my reaction should be. The poor guy is a victim of the religion hoax, so you can see how his mind is so irrational and likely unable to understand science. What should my reaction be when people are taken in by hoaxes?

The world has a very serious problem with energy and burning of fossil fuels. I don't think the world needs religious people and their thinking getting any publicity or being taken seriously. It's time to stop giving religion any respect if we are to solve any of the difficult problems.

The world needs to treat religion for what it is: The greatest hoax played on mankind. So why should I give it any respect at all?

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't understand how this

I don't understand how this is supposed to work...

He's claiming that he harvests energy from the breaking of hydrogen bonds? But don't you have to invest a lot of energy first to break H bonds? And even if you do succeed in breaking the bonds, what is stopping bifurcation from occurring, or bond reformation with other radicals?

Theism aside, I'm just curious how this is supposed to work and actually be energy efficient.

skywolf
skywolf's picture
User is offlineOffline
i invented a car that runs on water too

i called it a moter boat

see see i made a not so funny btw mrs or miss greek you are really easy on the eyes

mohammed is mr poopy pants allah is a cootie queen and islam is a lint licker
http://seekerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/_blogger_5932_1957_1600_religion_of_peace_1-1.jpg

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
This can work, but it will

This can work, but it will use significantly more gas, because you lose energy in generating the electricity used to split the water into hydrogen gas and oxygen gas, and more losses occur in the electrolysis process. IOW the energy content of the hydrogen/oxygen mix will be less than the energy used to split the water, and the electrical energy will be less than the energy used to generate it.

I heard this stuff discussed some time ago. It is pure bullshit, and the guy is either seriously confused or is a scam artist.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Bob and Greek Goddess, all

Bob and Greek Goddess, all I can say is "precisely". There's really nothing to the claims. If there really was a net energy gain, why on earth would anyone need to add gasoline?

razorphreak, generation and storage are really difficult problems for hydrogen. Thanks for the links - I hadn't seen either of them. The really successful method for storing hydrogen at room temperature is in nickel cadmium, which absorbs hydrogen naturally. Unfortunately, it's a little expensive to manufacture the storage tanks.

The real problem with "economically feasible" is that right now it's economically feasible still to do lots of things, since the oil is still cheap. (And yes, $200 a barrel would still be cheap.) Since oil addresses so much of the energy use of the developed world, lots of things are economically feasible. Without that support, though, what's economically feasible changes dramatically.

If we had 10 years to make this work, then maybe we could develop the infrastructure. We don't have 10 years, and nobody's building it right now. The only time people buy smaller cars is after the crisis. The only time people are going to react in any significant way is when they realize that they can't do everything their parents did if oil costs $300 a barrel.

Get that bicycle out. The water car isn't going to save us; we're going to save us from ourselves. 

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps ABC would be

Perhaps ABC would be interested in the leaf blower I invented. It's powered by evidence.

This isn't to say that a Christian can't do something productive, it's just blatantly obnoxious when they use their own accomplishment to give a stump speech for a God that had nothing to do with human ingenuity. There, I said it. Christians can have ingenuity. So shoot me.

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”

roger1910 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Alternative Fuels

alternative fuels are already here. You can read an interesting story byv visiting the homepage link. However, this is not my homepage, just an article I came across. I am not sure what my next car will be, because hyprids are still so expensive. I also came across a site talking about how to run your own car on water. Another user mentioned a similar site above. It sounds pretty interesting: http://runcaronwater.weebly.com

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
From my research , the water

From my research , the water car is a Scam. I wish it wasn't .... Maybe in the future , but not this day .....