American flag

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
American flag

My brother really pissed me off recently when he told me that a church could fly a religious banner above the American flag on a flag pole.  I see this as "one nation under gawd".  I am so irate with this whole idea, I could scream.  Could you please tell me this isn't true.  I don't even know where to begin research for this topic.

entomophila
ScientistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Flags

I'm a bit pissed off with the law, or lack of it.  Only the christian flag is allowed to be flown higher than my American flag.  Now I won't be able to use my Atheist banner above the flag without possible repercussion.  But thanks for the post entomophila, I appreciated that.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Boon Docks wrote:I'm a bit

Boon Docks wrote:

I'm a bit pissed off with the law, or lack of it.  Only the christian flag is allowed to be flown higher than my American flag. 

Quote:

The Christan flag may fly above the US flag only "during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy" (Flag Code [see below], Section 7c).

There's only one instance where the chrisitian flag can fly above it,and unless you're in the navy,you don't have to worry.

Boon Docks wrote:
Now I won't be able to use my Atheist banner above the flag without possible repercussion.  But thanks for the post entomophila, I appreciated that.

Quote:

Are there penalties for violating the Flag Code?

No. The Flag Code [see below] serves as a guide to be followed on a purely voluntary basis to insure proper respect for the flag. The Supreme Court has ruled that politically motivated violations of the Flag Code are protected by the First Amendment.

The Flag Code has no provision for enforcement. No fines, no penalties. There is nothing law enforcement can do when the Flag Code is broken.

Well,there's no actual laws against it.Though you could suffer vandalism or attacks if you did that in America.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's a flag, who cares?.  I

It's a flag, who cares?.  I suppose I'd have to be either American or patriotic to care... I'm neither, I don't, it's a flag.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Correction

And once again I stand corrected, thank you Loc.  For showing me the error's of my ways, how could I have forgotten to mention the issue of when and where the christian flag can be flown above the American flag.  Does the US Navy allow for other religious flags to be flown in this manner?  I doubt it!  Would they even allow for an Atheist banner?  Again I doubt it.