the ten commandments

pm9347
Theist
pm9347's picture
User is offlineOffline
the ten commandments

hello everybody, i thought i hop on in to deliver some really good rules to live by ,

I am the Lord your God    
You shall have no other gods before me  
You shall not make for yourself an idol  
You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God    
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy    
Honor your father and mother    
You shall not murder    
You shall not commit adultery    
You shall not steal    
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor    
You shall not covet your neighbor's house    
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife

really sorry for some of my text im a little new at this, ...pat

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
pat wrote:sorry for the

pat wrote:

sorry for the absence, im putting my hardwood floor in this weekend, and even now im sitting on my concrete floor , trying to figure out how this works??  but im reading all the responses, and looking into the arguments , some ive found jut really amazing well thought out responses from people who are really seeking the truth , and others just angry assholes who dont even consider other peoples point of view. ill have the floor in by monday, and ill try give better reasons for gods existence through nature ,and by our current situation, sorry but im really looking foward to the new floor...

Do you have any proof?  I mean proof.  Tangible evidence.  Reasons are not good enough.  All the reasons so far come up with have been positively refuted and are supported by zero evidence.  Your point of view is of no interest to anybody here.  In fact, I think that in the face of the evidence no one's point of view is of interest, only what the facts and evidence point to.  What they do point to is a distinct absence of god in the universe.  God's existence cannot be proved through the very thing from which god is absent: nature, everything, all of existence.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
pm9347 wrote:ok, give it a

pm9347 wrote:

ok, give it a try , come up with 10 rules that all humanity should live by so that we can get all get along and prosper,  oh and how do you all quote someone in your replys ?? it might help me clarify my points easier

How about we boil it down to just 1?

"First, do no harm."

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:pat

Thomathy wrote:

pat wrote:

sorry for the absence, im putting my hardwood floor in this weekend, and even now im sitting on my concrete floor , trying to figure out how this works??  but im reading all the responses, and looking into the arguments , some ive found jut really amazing well thought out responses from people who are really seeking the truth , and others just angry assholes who dont even consider other peoples point of view. ill have the floor in by monday, and ill try give better reasons for gods existence through nature ,and by our current situation, sorry but im really looking foward to the new floor...

Do you have any proof?  I mean proof.  Tangible evidence.

Well, he could post before & after shots of the floor...

oh, wait, you meant the other thing. My bad!

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote:Thomathy

BMcD wrote:

Thomathy wrote:

pat wrote:

Do you have any proof?  I mean proof.  Tangible evidence.

oh, wait, you meant the other thing. My bad!

Thanks for helping to start my day with a laugh.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote:Well, he could

BMcD wrote:

Strangely, I thing that would elevate the conversation.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you really need the big

If you really need the big ten to be handed down on stone tablets you must be a demented sociopath to begin with.

Even with the bible you can read the serious social organization from the Laws of Hammurabi which were created nearly a thousand years before the begats say those primitive rules were created.

The greatest argument against their being any kind of god rules is their grossly primitive nature. They are suitable only for sociopaths who are incapable of understanding anything more sophisticated.

All around bibleland there were advanced cultures who condemned all kinds of body mutilation including the savage genital mutilation. They were centuries passed animal sacrifice which was only tolerated in the lower classes. Not a single one of their gods ever demanded war much less ordered genocide.

And from this background we are supposed to have found the only real god of the universe.

Pardon me but the universe can do better than this.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:All

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

All around bibleland there were advanced cultures who condemned all kinds of body mutilation including the savage genital mutilation. They were centuries passed animal sacrifice which was only tolerated in the lower classes. Not a single one of their gods ever demanded war much less ordered genocide.

So they were surrounded by Democrats? Smiling

Quote:

And from this background we are supposed to have found the only real god of the universe.

No no, He found us. Don't you see? Now it all makes sense! God, a registered Republican, saw a simple, humble people surrounded by intellectual, liberal, enlightened civilizations, and thought to himself 'THAT'S IT! I'll reveal myself to the folks in fly-over country!'.

See how history repeats itself?