Is the RRS a CIA front company? [Trollville]

Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Is the RRS a CIA front company? [Trollville]

Most of you involved in the RRS are youthful, but thoughtful, an oddity in modern America. However, you are indulging your emotions and wasting what little time you have been granted on planet earth.

YES...of course their is no GOD. But even if there is, so what? Why waste precisous time in an indulgent effort to "convert" believers? People smart enough and strong enough to accept our aloneness in the universe already understand, those adults that have not and cannot embrace the idea of a godless universe will never understand. So what?!

There is lots of hate on this site. Hate diminishes only the hater. Don't be a hater.

Thus, I cannot envision hanging with the RRS team, I can however embrace the paradoxical experience of knowing Kelly in the biblical sense.

Yeah yeah yeah....I know....this diatribe had nothing to do with the CIA...so?...report me to GOD.

 

 


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Most of you

viper601 wrote:

Most of you involved in the RRS are youthful, but thoughtful, an oddity in modern America. However, you are indulging your emotions and wasting what little time you have been granted on planet earth.

Arguably going to work,getting mrried,and pretty much anything is wasting what little time you have on earth.It's our lives, and we choose to do this.And unless you are a Vulcan,what's wrong with indulging your emotions?

viper601 wrote:
YES...of course their is no GOD. But even if there is, so what? Why waste precisous time in an indulgent effort to "convert" believers? People smart enough and strong enough to accept our aloneness in the universe already understand, those adults that have not and cannot embrace the idea of a godless universe will never understand. So what?!

Generic answer for christians:

So what if  people believe something else. Why not just let them be?

Problem:  Remember the Twin Towers? Want to live in a world were stem cell research could prolong lives? Then speak out against religion. If an adult still believed in Santa, wouldn’t you feel compelled to put them straight? Religion is severely dangerous to our world. Try find a war that didn’t have religious influence behind it. Whenever there is religion, knowledge is shunned and ridiculed.

Most christians think the world would be great if everyone thought like they did. We had that once. It was called the Dark Age, and it set humanity back possibly centuries. The fact is, people will rather vote for someone who has no qualification except believing in god, than a highly capable person who doesn’t.

People once believed demons caused illness and drilling holes in peoples head was considered the cutting edge of medicine. If that’s  the world you want, keep up your religion.

 

viper601 wrote:
There is lots of hate on this site. Hate diminishes only the hater. Don't be a hater.

Yes,lead to the dark side hate does.However,I don't agree.Emotions can run high here,and things get said.But we don't hate anyone.If we did,we wouldn't try help them.

 


 

 

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Most of you

viper601 wrote:

Most of you involved in the RRS are youthful, but thoughtful, an oddity in modern America. However, you are indulging your emotions and wasting what little time you have been granted on planet earth.

Define youthful. The average age of the core group (those of us who run the site and make the shows) is about 30. I'm flattered you consider this youthful, as I think I'm getting old.

Quote:
YES...of course their is no GOD. But even if there is, so what? Why waste precisous time in an indulgent effort to "convert" believers? People smart enough and strong enough to accept our aloneness in the universe already understand, those adults that have not and cannot embrace the idea of a godless universe will never understand. So what?!

I'm wagering you don't live in the USA.

Quote:
There is lots of hate on this site. Hate diminishes only the hater. Don't be a hater.
There's lots of hate all over the intraweb, and I certainly don't think giving atheists a place to gripe about the state of the world and how we are typically treated is a bad thing.

In fact, it's a very GOOD thing to give such disenfranchised people a COMMUNITY.

Quote:
Thus, I cannot envision hanging with the RRS team, I can however embrace the paradoxical experience of knowing Kelly in the biblical sense.
You cannot envision "hanging" with us, yet your account is over 15 weeks old.......

Quote:
Yeah yeah yeah....I know....this diatribe had nothing to do with the CIA...so?...report me to GOD.

But it's so much more fun to point out your hypocrisy and lack of understanding.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Thus, I

viper601 wrote:

Thus, I cannot envision hanging with the RRS team, I can however embrace the paradoxical experience of knowing Kelly in the biblical sense.

My hypothesis gains strength.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2376
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
viper601

       I'm  not  young,  not American  and I don't  hate religious types.    disagreeing,   dis-ing or just plain pissing off someone is not hatred.   And  I manage to piss off fellow athiest as well,  it can be fun.

   There  is a whole world out there and you can talk to meny of them right here,  Canadians, South Africans, Danes, Finns and meny more...      By the way  if we don't  speak up religious types figure they run the world and can do anything they want with us.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Most of you

viper601 wrote:

Most of you involved in the RRS are youthful, but thoughtful, an oddity in modern America. However, you are indulging your emotions and wasting what little time you have been granted on planet earth.

YES...of course their is no GOD. But even if there is, so what? Why waste precisous time in an indulgent effort to "convert" believers? People smart enough and strong enough to accept our aloneness in the universe already understand, those adults that have not and cannot embrace the idea of a godless universe will never understand. So what?!

There is lots of hate on this site. Hate diminishes only the hater. Don't be a hater.

Thus, I cannot envision hanging with the RRS team, I can however embrace the paradoxical experience of knowing Kelly in the biblical sense.

Yeah yeah yeah....I know....this diatribe had nothing to do with the CIA...so?...report me to GOD.

Hate is a better emotion than desperation or futility.

Hanging out here gives me a sense that I am not alone. (I'm not, as my wife is also an atheist, but you probably understand what I mean.) I have other folks I can interact with who understand a fundamental truth, unlike the dozens of other folks I interact with every week.

Plus, it's fun. It has a frontier feel, like Slashdot had 8 years ago. There's raw discussion, rather than random interactions. The conversation is intelligent, sustained, and interesting. This is unlike almost any other website I've discovered. It's certainly the first one in a long time in which I'm interested.

And your observation of hate seems a bit misplaced. I've seen very little real hate. Perhaps there's a little anger once in a while, but that's born of the frustration I mentioned. It's frustrating dealing with people who refuse to understand what you are saying, while insisting you misunderstand them, or you'd believe just as they do.

 

As for the CIA: perhaps the RRS is a CIA front to help distract young, intelligent, vocal people. Maybe they don't want us over on some of the "whackjob conspiracy sites" so we don't discover the real truth of how the CIA hasn't shut down MK-ULTRA, and they are still experimenting on mind control and psychological warfare, and bigfoot and chemtrails are all a part of it.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Aloneness

Ultimately we are all alone with our inner dialogue...and in the end you will certainly face death alone.

If you cannot be happy when alone, then you can never be happy. What is happy? Being content with being alone, working on being more than you are, blasting through life at warp speed yet still be able to smell the flowers, living a truthful life (ie don't bullshit yourself), living in such a manner so that if you die spontaneously and are fortunate enough to have a last thought, that thought will be the satisfying realization the time that you had was not wasted....you know, that kinda obvous stuff.

The other people are merely distraction or icing on the cake depending on the individual(s), the circumstance, what you make of it...you know...all the obvious stuff.

 

Oh, and someone said I have been a member for four months....I just opened the account on June 1, 2008.

 


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
I'm not really sure what

I'm not really sure what this has to do with anything?


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Oh nurse...nurse? Did one

Oh nurse...

nurse?

 

Did one of you leave the door to the padded room unlocked again?


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Ultimately we

viper601 wrote:
Ultimately we are all alone with our inner dialogue...and in the end you will certainly face death alone.

There's a cheerful thought. Thanks for that.

viper601 wrote:
The other people are merely distraction or icing on the cake depending on the individual(s), the circumstance, what you make of it...you know...all the obvious stuff.

Man is more of a social animal than that, surely.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Is it just me or does this

Is it just me or does this have all the earmarks of a "theist playing atheist" post?

It reads like "I'm an atheist just like you. Because I'm an atheist, my life has no meaning just like yours. Why do we as atheists bother talking to people and putting our positions out there? Gawd, Kelly is HAWT!"

I admit I pared down the patronizing vocabulary a bit but I think I got the gist.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Oh, and

viper601 wrote:

Oh, and someone said I have been a member for four months....I just opened the account on June 1, 2008.

 

 

Then why does it say Feb 16 under your name?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
Posts: 564
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Most of you

viper601 wrote:

Most of you involved in the RRS are youthful, but thoughtful, an oddity in modern America. However, you are indulging your emotions and wasting what little time you have been granted on planet earth.

YES...of course their is no GOD. But even if there is, so what? Why waste precisous time in an indulgent effort to "convert" believers? People smart enough and strong enough to accept our aloneness in the universe already understand, those adults that have not and cannot embrace the idea of a godless universe will never understand. So what?!

There is lots of hate on this site. Hate diminishes only the hater. Don't be a hater.

Thus, I cannot envision hanging with the RRS team, I can however embrace the paradoxical experience of knowing Kelly in the biblical sense.

Yeah yeah yeah....I know....this diatribe had nothing to do with the CIA...so?...report me to GOD.

 

 

wanting to see future generations unburdened by the ignorance, bigotry, violence and oppression that goes hand-in-hand with most religious zeal  is anything but hateful, nor a waste of a life. if previous generations had tried harder to do the same we might all be closer to a point in human history where the debate is irrelevant.

posting on this site is a mere fraction of my time. the rest is spent living my life to it's fullest with my family. having the knowledge that a wrong is being committed and feeling that typing a few words on a forum is too much to ask? that's the epitome of apathy, and it's pathetic and lame.

don't "hate" the fact that we choose to be more than mindless spectators.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens


BrainFromArous
BrainFromArous's picture
Posts: 98
Joined: 2008-04-24
User is offlineOffline
I Have To Admit, I Love Disco!

viper601 wrote:
Most of you involved in the RRS are youthful, but thoughtful, an oddity in modern America.

Thoughtful people are an oddity everywhere. Travel more and see for yourself.

Quote:
However, you are indulging your emotions and wasting what little time you have been granted on planet earth.

So our aforementioned "thoughtfulness" is emotional indulgence? Even if so, why is that a waste of time? Art and love are quite emotionally indulgent, for that matter.

Quote:
YES...of course their is no GOD. But even if there is, so what? Why waste precisous time in an indulgent effort to "convert" believers? People smart enough and strong enough to accept our aloneness in the universe already understand, those adults that have not and cannot embrace the idea of a godless universe will never understand. So what?!

There is utility in discussing atheism/skepticism even with those who agree with you. Also, theists are welcome to come here, read the material and think about it.

It is dangerous to equate any ideological position with 'strong' or 'smart.' There are strong and smart believers as well as dimwitted and craven unbelievers when it comes to all kinds of ideas.

Quote:
There is lots of hate on this site. Hate diminishes only the hater. Don't be a hater.

Some things deserve hate; hate is the appropriate response thereto.

Quote:
Thus, I cannot envision hanging with the RRS team, I can however embrace the paradoxical experience of knowing Kelly in the biblical sense.

Your absence is no doubt agonizing to them.

Quote:
Yeah yeah yeah....I know....this diatribe had nothing to do with the CIA...so?...report me to GOD.

CIA? You piker. God works with The Shop.

Quote:
Ultimately we are all alone with our inner dialogue...and in the end you will certainly face death alone.

Unless you die in the company of others, which frequently does happen.

Quote:
If you cannot be happy when alone, then you can never be happy.

Thank you for flunking Psych 101.  Please re-enroll and try again.

Quote:
What is happy? Being content with being alone, working on being more than you are, blasting through life at warp speed yet still be able to smell the flowers, living a truthful life (ie don't bullshit yourself), living in such a manner so that if you die spontaneously and are fortunate enough to have a last thought, that thought will be the satisfying realization the time that you had was not wasted....you know, that kinda obvous stuff.

Your forgot the parts about seeing your enemies driven before you and hearing the lamentations of their women.

Quote:
The other people are merely distraction or icing on the cake depending on the individual(s), the circumstance, what you make of it...you know...all the obvious stuff.

I suspect the term you're looking for is "sociopath."

Boards don't hit back. (Bruce Lee)


HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
Posts: 675
Joined: 2008-02-27
User is offlineOffline
LOL...this seems like an

LOL...this seems like an excellent post to start a flame war. As for the content of your critique, Viper, many points are completely baseless.

This quote "People smart enough and strong enough to accept our aloneness in the universe already understand, those adults that have not and cannot embrace the idea of a godless universe will never understand. So what?!" is patently false.

This is saying anyone who believes in God is A. and idiot and B. weak. While that might be true for some fundamentalists, it is incredibly untrue generalizing on the whole. Ultimately, that is what most atheist groups are banking on. That repeated dissemination of information and knowledge to those who were indoctrinated, denied scientific knowledge, or simply haven't questioned themselves on why they believe what they believe is a mixed bag process, but it does work. How well it works using the RRS's tactics, or any other strategy can be debated. Saying this is a worthless endeavor, is really putting your head in the sand. Obviously religion and irrational beliefs have very real, often very negative consequences. I won't rehash them here, but merely state that the reason for the website is self evident.

 

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Same old same old

you folk are easily riled...if ya wanna live happy lives thicker skin is advised. 

The reason for the existence of the website is of little interest to me. The beliefs, observations, analysis of histories obvious wrong doings are not new to the world, only to you young'ns. Every generation gets pissed and pouts. It's like you first discovered masturbation, it felt good, was in no way really dangerous, thus you masturbate your asses off. Same with God and how religion pisses you off...it feels good to rant and whine, is not really dangerous, so you mentally masturbate your asses off.

Generation after generation after generation ad nauseam...situation normal. In the end you DO die alone, even if surrounded by the multittudes ya gotta face the reaper by yourself.


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:you folk are

viper601 wrote:

you folk are easily riled...if ya wanna live happy lives thicker skin is advised.

I assure you,I've seen enough of this to not get riled by it.It makes no difference to my life.

viper601 wrote:
The reason for the existence of the website is of little interest to me. The beliefs, observations, analysis of histories obvious wrong doings are not new to the world, only to you young'ns. Every generation gets pissed and pouts. It's like you first discovered masturbation, it felt good, was in no way really dangerous, thus you masturbate your asses off. Same with God and how religion pisses you off...it feels good to rant and whine, is not really dangerous, so you mentally masturbate your asses off.

Thanks for sharing your centuries of experience.I have to wonder,if this site is of so little interest to you,why do you keep posting on it?

viper601 wrote:
Generation after generation after generation ad nauseam...situation normal. In the end you DO die alone, even if surrounded by the multittudes ya gotta face the reaper by yourself.

I fear nothing from death.It's a shame you feel so morbid and depressed about it.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:you folk are

viper601 wrote:

you folk are easily riled...if ya wanna live happy lives thicker skin is advised. 

The reason for the existence of the website is of little interest to me. The beliefs, observations, analysis of histories obvious wrong doings are not new to the world, only to you young'ns. Every generation gets pissed and pouts. It's like you first discovered masturbation, it felt good, was in no way really dangerous, thus you masturbate your asses off. Same with God and how religion pisses you off...it feels good to rant and whine, is not really dangerous, so you mentally masturbate your asses off.

Generation after generation after generation ad nauseam...situation normal. In the end you DO die alone, even if surrounded by the multittudes ya gotta face the reaper by yourself.

You need to learn the difference between "riled" and "amused by your foolishness".

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I thought you yung'ns only

I thought you yung'ns only gained amusement from ridiculing religious types. I say this because I watched Kelly and some old looking guy playing word association games with that English book writing guy, and Kelly and the old guy laughed like ten year olds at the book writing guys associated words.

I get the sense that you all think that you're smarter than all of us pedestrian types...I'll bet you're all political "progressives".


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:I thought you

viper601 wrote:

I thought you yung'ns only gained amusement from ridiculing religious types. I say this because I watched Kelly and some old looking guy playing word association games with that English book writing guy, and Kelly and the old guy laughed like ten year olds at the book writing guys associated words.

I get the sense that you all think that you're smarter than all of us pedestrian types...I'll bet you're all political "progressives".

First off, thanks for calling me a young'un. Me, I get amusement from all sorts of things - including people who act like asses when they try to play someone they're not. As an actor, I like seeing that but it has to be done well.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:you folk are

viper601 wrote:

you folk are easily riled...if ya wanna live happy lives thicker skin is advised. 

The reason for the existence of the website is of little interest to me. The beliefs, observations, analysis of histories obvious wrong doings are not new to the world, only to you young'ns. Every generation gets pissed and pouts. It's like you first discovered masturbation, it felt good, was in no way really dangerous, thus you masturbate your asses off. Same with God and how religion pisses you off...it feels good to rant and whine, is not really dangerous, so you mentally masturbate your asses off.

Generation after generation after generation ad nauseam...situation normal. In the end you DO die alone, even if surrounded by the multittudes ya gotta face the reaper by yourself.

*yawns* 

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Barely silent rage

Such an effort to appear disinterested or nonplused is a transparent veil hiding boundless rage. you uber athiests are just one issue short of going postal.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Such an

viper601 wrote:

Such an effort to appear disinterested or nonplused is a transparent veil hiding boundless rage. you uber athiests are just one issue short of going postal.

I'm not particulary impressed with your play on the english language.   Can I label myself an "uber" atheist?  That would be briefly entertaining.  However, until you bring me an argument that I can consider I just find you boring.

viper601 wrote:

I get the sense that you all think that you're smarter than all of us pedestrian types...I'll bet you're all political "progressives".

"Smarter?"  What does that mean?  More intelligent?  More knowledgeable?  If you have more knowledge please provide us that.  If you claim more intelligence then also provide the knowledge and then tell us why you derive certain opinions based on that knowledge.   I don't know how I can qualify as "smarter" than anyone else.

You may assume me ignorant, (And I really hope that my use of the word "assume" just pissed you off)  however, I assure you that I will grant intellectual honesty to any opinion you put forth.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:you folk are

viper601 wrote:
you folk are easily riled...if ya wanna live happy lives thicker skin is advised.

How about a dry sense of humour? Or irony?

viper601 wrote:
Generation after generation after generation ad nauseam...situation normal. In the end you DO die alone, even if surrounded by the multittudes ya gotta face the reaper by yourself.

Thanks again for that. Duly noted. And do you figure the reaper is a glass-half-empty guy or glass-half-full? If I have to have a chat with this guy, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot and have that awkward joke hanging over both our heads.

"So you're the grim reaper, eh?"

"Well, I'm not really that grim."

*crickets*

"Holy shit, dude. How old are you? Are you going to be that literal through this whole thing?"

"It's just that ... I never learned to read!"

(Did I seriously just give the grim reaper a Wayne's World Oscar? It's time for bed.)

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Is this it?

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I am a literalist. I literally believe the glass to be half full and half empty at the same time, cuz that's the literal reality of something being halved.

I am not going to present an argument for or against the existence of dieity for you to debate. I know you are masters of debate, and even though i too am a pathological masturdebator, i am too tired from my last session. Anyway, I could not possibly care less if god exists or not...NOT(Yeah Yeah Yeah, one can always care less if you want to get literal about it.)!

However, i am just here to remind you that you ARE wasting life's precious time in a spin your wheels debate over a non issue. Yeah Yeah Yeah, religions start wars...get over it. Real estate has started more wars than mans emotionalized insanity over religion. Man likes to blow shit up, slice one another up, Dominate one another...it's what we do best.

A quick asisde...speaking of Dominate...dayummm, Kelly would make an impressive Dominatrix and could work that connection with satanic forces to her advantage getting inside my head..errrr, i mean the head of those perverse sexual submissive types.

So for those of you craving an "intellectual" argument, ya better seek out the "intelligent design types"...cuz the concept of god is too uninteresting to invest time in for this old geezer. If he/she/it exists, he/she/it has one oblique sense of humor...i mean spinabifida and hydrocephally and children abducted by sociopathic athiests is just too freak'n funny for words...donyathink? Yup, if god exists in any of the emotionalized forms that mankind worships...then we are sooooo screwed and i won't give the prick the satisfaction of argument. Is that glass half empty thinking?

It's time to move on boys and gurls. Gotta find me a Kelly look alike and beg to be her out of the closet cuckold.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13545
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Most of you

viper601 wrote:

Most of you involved in the RRS are youthful, but thoughtful, an oddity in modern America. However, you are indulging your emotions and wasting what little time you have been granted on planet earth.

YES...of course their is no GOD. But even if there is, so what? Why waste precisous time in an indulgent effort to "convert" believers? People smart enough and strong enough to accept our aloneness in the universe already understand, those adults that have not and cannot embrace the idea of a godless universe will never understand. So what?!

There is lots of hate on this site. Hate diminishes only the hater. Don't be a hater.

Thus, I cannot envision hanging with the RRS team, I can however embrace the paradoxical experience of knowing Kelly in the biblical sense.

Yeah yeah yeah....I know....this diatribe had nothing to do with the CIA...so?...report me to GOD.

 

 

Quote:
There is lots of hate on this site. Hate diminishes only the hater. Don't be a hater.

"Hate"? In what context?

I only speak for myself here. I "hate" absurd claims. If someone claimed that Santa was real and they were 45 years old, should I coddle such an absurdity, or should I tell them the truth? Telling the truth without sugar coating life does not mean you hate someone.

Get over your pathetic PC crap. I hate it when theists pull the victim crap and I especially hate it when atheists pull the PC crap.

I hate Osama Bin Laden. I hate Pat Robertson. I do not hate all Muslims or all Christians because I hate certain individuals. I most certainly hate the fact that it is 2008 and most of humanity is still stuck in superstition.

That does not mean that I am blind to the fact that 6 billion people will not be clones of each other. I live with a Catholic. If I hated all believers why the fuck would I live with one?

Just as it is delusional for a Muslim or Christian to expect a utopia where the entire population of the world follow's their god, it is just as absurd to expect your neighbor to always say nice things.

Here is reality. People are not always going to say nice things. That doesn't mean that we are incapable of separating the issue of a person from the issue of the claims that person makes.

You come in here and make blanket assumptions about all the members here, which is just as delusional and ignorant as any theist doing the same.

My advice to you is the same as it would be to any believer. Treat people like individuals. And learn to separate the issue of a person from a claim a person makes.

Getting along is a good goal for humanity, but it comes with the responsibility of knowing that we are all the same, even the desire to express dissent.

Hearing unfiltered opinions that are not sugar coated, does not mean we hate an entire group of people. We do have the capability of likeing and loving people who make claims we may hate.

I am quite sure there are people I know personally who know I am an atheist who hate the fact that I am, even though they love me. It cuts both ways and to expect people to be silent about it is as absurd as expecting people to bow to one god. A verbal smack in the face about an absurd claim does not mean you hate the person making the claim, it merely means you think they are full of shit(ON THE ISSUE OF THAT CLAIM)

 

BTW, we do accept our "aloneness". But, I am not dead yet and have no choice while I am alive but to care about the actions of people who want politics to be religious based. As long as the major three keep using world politics to play king of the hill on the only planet I have and aim nukes at each other, I think I am entitled to give a shit. Forgive me for caring about the only home I have.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13545
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Yeah Yeah

viper601 wrote:

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I am a literalist. I literally believe the glass to be half full and half empty at the same time, cuz that's the literal reality of something being halved.

I am not going to present an argument for or against the existence of dieity for you to debate. I know you are masters of debate, and even though i too am a pathological masturdebator, i am too tired from my last session. Anyway, I could not possibly care less if god exists or not...NOT(Yeah Yeah Yeah, one can always care less if you want to get literal about it.)!

However, i am just here to remind you that you ARE wasting life's precious time in a spin your wheels debate over a non issue. Yeah Yeah Yeah, religions start wars...get over it. Real estate has started more wars than mans emotionalized insanity over religion. Man likes to blow shit up, slice one another up, Dominate one another...it's what we do best.

A quick asisde...speaking of Dominate...dayummm, Kelly would make an impressive Dominatrix and could work that connection with satanic forces to her advantage getting inside my head..errrr, i mean the head of those perverse sexual submissive types.

So for those of you craving an "intellectual" argument, ya better seek out the "intelligent design types"...cuz the concept of god is too uninteresting to invest time in for this old geezer. If he/she/it exists, he/she/it has one oblique sense of humor...i mean spinabifida and hydrocephally and children abducted by sociopathic athiests is just too freak'n funny for words...donyathink? Yup, if god exists in any of the emotionalized forms that mankind worships...then we are sooooo screwed and i won't give the prick the satisfaction of argument. Is that glass half empty thinking?

It's time to move on boys and gurls. Gotta find me a Kelly look alike and beg to be her out of the closet cuckold.

Quote:
you ARE wasting life's precious time in a spin your wheels debate over a non issue.

So you think it is ok for Christians to turn a biology class into science fiction?

I could see the final exam question right now:

Meiosis is the process of:

A. cell division

B. God did it.

Yea, we should dumb down society. My bad. Fuck a solid education, as long as people have a placebo to suck on, it's all good.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:So for those of you

Quote:

So for those of you craving an "intellectual" argument, ya better seek out the "intelligent design types"

This must be a joke. Most "intelligent design" types couldn't hold an intellectual debate at gunpoint. I learned that quick even before I became a biologist. Hell, most conversations I have with them go like this:

Them: Evolution is wrong!

Me: Do you know the 5 theories which fall under the scientific definition of evolution? And by extension, the three principles of natural selection, the centerpiece theory?

Them:...No

*Akward silence*

Me: Well, you know what I'm going to say to you now, don't you.

Them (slowly):...No

Me: Get out.

As an aside, just because we are on the internet, and hence I don't know you and vice-versa, does not mean that you cannot sit down and take the time to write in proper English. Do you know how ugly it looks when you abbreviate words in writing in the same manner you would while speaking, or when you write in capitals or use no punctuation? Think of it like this. People will naturally prefer more lucid posts, and will pay more attention to you if you write in "English" and not in netenglish.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:A quick

viper601 wrote:

A quick asisde...speaking of Dominate...dayummm, Kelly would make an impressive Dominatrix and could work that connection with satanic forces to her advantage getting inside my head..errrr, i mean the head of those perverse sexual submissive types.

C'mon, you already had your "Kelly is hot" moment. Let's move on.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:So for those

viper601 wrote:

So for those of you craving an "intellectual" argument, ya better seek out the "intelligent design types"...cuz the concept of god is too uninteresting to invest time in for this old geezer.

But a meta-discussion about it isn't a waste of time, apparently.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
God vs Kelly

Move on? To what? A discussion of the obvious deity question? i mean one look at a freak'n crawdad will tell you its a godless universe. C'mon...my delusional fantasy about Kelly becoming my merciless domineering owner is the only reason to be here. She is smok'n hot...but then so is Margret whats her name. Being unworthy of human interaction, i would proudly be either ones shameless cuckold.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I thought you yung'ns

Quote:

I thought you yung'ns only gained amusement from ridiculing religious types.

On what basis do you assume we are all young?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
Posts: 602
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
I think what you're missing

I think what you're missing here is the fact that humans developed emotions as a way to communicate to others the effects of their actions and behaviors. If some people here are angry at religion, it could be for a multitude of reasons, but it is an honest response to events that they have witnessed as a result of religious beliefs. There is no "giving in" to your emotions--while some reactions can certainly be unhealthy and irrational, the average person generally has a relatively appropriate emotional response.

As far as hatred goes, I don't know that anybody here hates every single believer, but we offer them a place to vent and talk about how they feel when the negative effects of religion manifest themselves. Disdain can be very useful as a social tool to induce change.

You don't have a single valid point in this thread, and the comments about me...meh. The line forms about 2 miles back.


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:And by

deludedgod wrote:

And by extension, the three principles of natural selection, the centerpiece theory?

Variation,selection,and repetition? I have learned much from reading DG..

Out of interest,what are the five theories?

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2376
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Kelly

   Kelly this guy viper sounds like  we should just pack up the shop  and close the website,  I can't make hide nor hair out of his comments beyond that.

   Also Kelly I have my own handcuffs;   can we talk,   I'll do all the listening?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Yes. Replication, Variation

Yes. Replication, Variation and selection.

The five theories are

Evolution: Over time, the characteristics of a lineage change.

Common Descent: All organisms have diverged from a common ancestor

Gradualism: Every organism, however different and distant from each other, is  related, some distantly. Radical changes in phenotype and genotype have occured by incremental processes by which lineages diverge from a common ancestor

Gene Frequency: The method by which evolution (the change in lineages) occurs is by changes in gene frequencies of populations. It is the change in proportion of individuals which have certain characteristics that determines the characteristic divergence of a lineage.

Natural Selection: The process by which gene frequencies are latered is characterized by the variations of organisms in a population, and how those variations determine the ability of the organism to survive and reproduce. The selection of alleles over others in a population will accordingly alter the frequency of genetic particles and hence the phenotype of a lineage.

 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
Posts: 666
Joined: 2008-02-15
User is offlineOffline
Hey Mods!Don't we have a

Hey Mods!

Don't we have a place for trolls?  No reason for this thread to still be up in FA.


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
back of the line

i am sincerely flattered that you have acknowledged my existence. As to my "points", i am not attempting to make points. There are on points to make. You are tryng to prove gravity, sunshine, and Elvis. You are hammering nails in a coffin lid that has been welded shut for years.  Of course there is no god. You are all involved in a specious argument. Don't waste any more of your life proving the obvious. Anyway, what person who values their time gives a flying leatherneck about deity or not?

This website is sad because it is a tragic waste of human effort. Your small community of youthful sensitives is essentially a closed loop of reciprical reinforcement. The choir singing to the choir. You all pat one another on the back for supporting what is to most truthful beings an obvious reality. Athiesm ain't news...it is ancient history.

You feel cheated by religion? Angered by its destructiveness? Saddened by its lingering potential? Get over it...humanity evolves at a snails pace. If you predicate your happiness upon affecting irreversable change within your life time, then you are going to live and die an unhappy camper. Human  reality is that what changes will eventually come full circle again.

Just you wait...wait till you are old, wrinkled, shriveled and been there done that more times than can be remembered, and you are still witnessing the same old shit.  Its just shit packaged on a newer date with new marketing.

You have youth, good looks, and intelligence...why waste it on an obvious reality. Become a Dominatrix, good looking dominas make big bucks and frequently take advantage of blasphemy as a fetish.  You could have it all.

As to the line of underlings waiting for your gaze being long...if you won't entertain the idea of my enslavement,  maybe your earthly deity Mararet could have use for a cuckold? If there is a god, she looks like one of you two.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Move on? To

viper601 wrote:

Move on? To what? A discussion of the obvious deity question? i mean one look at a freak'n crawdad will tell you its a godless universe. C'mon...my delusional fantasy about Kelly becoming my merciless domineering owner is the only reason to be here. She is smok'n hot...but then so is Margret whats her name. Being unworthy of human interaction, i would proudly be either ones shameless cuckold.

You said it right there - what you're wanting to discuss is obvious, so why discuss it? Unless, of course, you're wanting to "play" theist...

You also don't seem to know what a cuckold is.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Good point

Okay....ya got me. But who's counting anyway.


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Cuckold

Look the word up in the dictionary...it will tell you it is viper601.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Don't waste

viper601 wrote:

Don't waste any more of your life proving the obvious.

To the majority of my countrymen including my mother, father, brother, etc it is not obvious that god does not exist.  They think that there is power in prayer and that god is watching over them.

They also support GW simply because he pays lip service to the christian god.

I seriously think that if our country was not almost entirely christian Bush would have never held office.  And look at what damage that man has done to the world. 

That's why I am here.  If you think this fight is meaningless you are showing us how painfully ignorant you are about the planet we live on.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote: You are

viper601 wrote:

 You are hammering nails in a coffin lid that has been welded shut for years.

If you honestly believe that I want to live where you do.

viper601 wrote:

Anyway, what person who values their time gives a flying leatherneck about deity or not?

The majority of the world?

viper601 wrote:

Your small community of youthful sensitives is essentially a closed loop of reciprical reinforcement.

Why are you so convinced we're all kids?There are over 50's here.How old do you want?

viper601 wrote:

The choir singing to the choir. You all pat one another on the back for supporting what is to most truthful beings an obvious reality. Athiesm ain't news...it is ancient history.

That must be why I've met maybe two other atheists.

viper601 wrote:
Just you wait...wait till you are old, wrinkled, shriveled and been there done that more times than can be remembered, and you are still witnessing the same old shit.  Its just shit packaged on a newer date with new marketing.

I'd rather have that and least know I tried than be so apathetic and uncaring.

 

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


viper601 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Redundant

The fight you of which you speak is not meaningless, simply redundant. The world and how human being behave is not new...it is simply packaged different now with technology creating the illusion that our sum is greater than our parts. You are young and hopeful for a better world for your baby. I understand that desire and need, however, if you want to be a loving parent teach your kids strong independence...don't turn them into wimpy democrats that seek welfare and expect social security.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


shikko
Posts: 448
Joined: 2007-05-23
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:(snip) She is

viper601 wrote:

(snip) She is smok'n hot...but then so is Margret whats her name.

Thatcher?


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Hey can one of y'all that's

Hey can one of y'all that's good a making pictures do one of Kelly as a domme now? - You know, like wearing leather and holding a whip.

 

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Strafio
Strafio's picture
Posts: 1346
Joined: 2006-09-11
User is offlineOffline
viper601 wrote:Thus, I

viper601 wrote:
Thus, I cannot envision hanging with the RRS team

Dude, get to know them a little before you pass judgement.
If nothing else you'll atleast be impressed by the rational door-opening capabilities of their cat!

 


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Ok... DamnDirtyApe has a

Ok... DamnDirtyApe has a motion on the floor for trollville.  The Asshat picture always counts as a second.  Fuck the vote.

Off to trollville.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism