What does YOUR rapture look like?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
What does YOUR rapture look like?

...Seriously. For those of you that believe Jesus is comin' round the mountain sometime in your lifetime, what's the rapture going to look like? Is it going to be a Star Trek-esque effect? Are you going to climb a literal golden ladder that will descend? Will you literally make like superman and fly?

How do you envision this occurring?

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well I'll give my ex-tian

Well I'll give my ex-tian account. I pretty much thought jesus would do the whole 'thief in the night' bit.One moment all the (true) chrisitians would be here,the next just empty piles of clothes.Nothing spectacular.

Oh,and try not worry about the thousands that will die from massive worldwide freeway disasters from empty cars,planes falling out the skies,and surgeons disapearing. What's a little collateral damage for god?

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Oh,and try not

Loc wrote:

Oh,and try not worry about the thousands that will die from massive worldwide freeway disasters from empty cars,planes falling out the skies,and surgeons disapearing. What's a little collateral damage for god?

Exactly, I don't think God's even satisfied until he spills a little ( or a lot ) of blood.

Arkanrais
Arkanrais's picture
User is offlineOffline
velocirapture

mine would probably have involved raptor jesus and something like this:

any way, back when I was a christian I didn't think about the rapture and figured that revelations was made up like the noah's flood story and the jonah and the whale crap, though if I had told any one I thought they were made up I would have gotten a telling off from most people or shouted down and belted by my grandmother.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:How do

Kevin R Brown wrote:

How do you envision this occurring?

My rapture's going to be awesome. I'm going to have hot chicks and beer ... and ... wait, why don't I just have a party? K, party at my place everyone.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Will. as long as you

Hey, Will. as long as you don't get confused and end up with hot beer and cold chicks. Maybe that's hell. Thanks for the invite, but I believe I'm on a different continent to you and can't afford the petrol.

My wife's father used to enjoy telling them about the rapture on car trips when she was little. How the xstians would disapear and then graphically describe all of the accidents and horrible things that would happen to the people left behind. Gotta love religious nuts (or not).

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

Eight Foot Manchild
Eight Foot Manchild's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christians fuck off. I get

Christians fuck off. I get their stuff. The End.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
damn it

I am in San Diego this week, nice time to throw a party, damn IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!