Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD , are you?  WHY

I AM GOD , are you?  WHY NOT ?         

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Prove it, has to be the

Prove it,  has to be the most stupid question ever ....    WTF ? prove what?  

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
RUM     

RUM     

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Who would pretend

Who would pretend ?    

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
What are GIRLS  ?    

What are GIRLS  ?          

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:I AM

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Because I am natural.  I am physical, not metaphysical.  I am real.  I am not just a part of someone's imagination.  I am.  Not just because I say I am.  I am, because I have evidence that I am.  I can and do interact with things on a daily basis.  I am, because people do not believe my word simply because I say it, I have to have physical interactions to prove it.  My physical reactions are physical, natural, they are more than just part of some fable.  I have physical evidence.  I am, but I am not god.  I am the wolly dolphin.  That, is why not.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Psst... he is an atheist

Psst... he is an atheist too, It's just really difficult to comprehend him most of the time, I'm pretty sure it's because he is drunk.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Waiting for Oblivion

Waiting for Oblivion wrote:

Psst... he is an atheist too, It's just really difficult to comprehend him most of the time, I'm pretty sure it's because he is drunk.

Psst, so am I.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:I AM

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

What is 'GOD'?

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
RUM is FUN, silly me ....

RUM is FUN, silly me .... 

What is not G O D ?  All is ONE , the

wolly dolphin    , a walrus, the dirt, of course ....  

U2 - I Am The Walrus 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeBvFquk9R8

Interesting long essay written by an easterner , I think.

How Can One Be A Taoist-Buddhist Confucian?--
        A Chinese Illustration of Multuple Religious Participation

http://ccbs.ntu.edu.tw/FULLTEXT/INTLVIEW/intlvi02.htm

TAO: The God that can be told
is not the eternal God.
The name that can be named
is not the eternal God.

Geezzz G A W E D , what are I ? 

[ Note: with long essays or small print, I copy/paste to a text folder and enlarge /change print, and color high-lite fav parts. Some good basic ideas in that essay ....

Be nice to yourselves , please please .....  

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote: What

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

What is not G O D ?  All is ONE ,  

The universe is everything

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
YUP, and silly people pray

YUP, and silly people pray .....   I say "Celebrate , get off your knees", to them dogma dummies  .....  shezzzzzzz people .....

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
...But if we eat all the

...But if we eat all the running, where are we going to land all the bananas?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Ummm got me confused Kevin,

Ummm got me confused Kevin, as always I AM 

Is there a [Banana] parable for our times in this odd milkshake of banana, blood and fungus? For a hundred years, a handful of corporations were given a gorgeous fruit, set free from regulation, and allowed to do what they wanted with it. What happened? They had one good entrepreneurial idea -- and to squeeze every tiny drop of profit from it, they destroyed democracies, burned down rainforests, and ended up killing the fruit itself.  

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/364179_bananaonline23.html?source=rss

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote: What

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

What is not G O D ?  All is ONE

The universe is everything, why call it god? We have a name for it - universe.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
To erase dogma and silly

To erase dogma and silly religion ..... that's why I write the way I often do. Damn them religious ones and their definitions of god. I think of the kids. I tell them all is god, you are god .... god of religions is ridiculous !  Wish this wasn't necessary ..... SHIT , god damn it !       

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
But I think your style of

But I think your style of posting (repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition) actually reinforces the theists’ mental quagmire – similarly to the Pavlov’s dog thesis.

When they see the word ‘god’, they simply “picture” their version of ‘god’; not yours, because their version is burned into their psyche from childhood.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:I AM GOD AS YOU

aiia wrote:

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

The universe is, what we can see. God is what we don't see + the universe. See?
The non-material matter matters too. I can touch it, even if I don't see it!

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:The universe

Luminon wrote:

Got any extra shrooms?

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:aiia wrote:I

Luminon wrote:

aiia wrote:

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

What god? What's a god? I thought you was an atheist. If you think there's a god admit it now, otherwise you could be considered dishonest and if you are being dishonest you should be banned.

Non-material matter??? You must be joking! What the hell's nonmaterial matter?! Is it something like a squarecircle? Or a triangular rectangle? Perhaps a non-solid solid?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote: But I think

aiia wrote:  But I think your [ I AM GOD ]  style of posting (repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition) actually reinforces the theists’ mental quagmire – similarly to the Pavlov’s dog thesis.

When they see the word ‘god’, they simply “picture” their version of ‘god’; not yours, because their version is burned into their psyche from childhood. ////
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed it's a terrible sad problem.

aiia, I agree with you in part, but my style is an attempt to invite the religious persons into debate. Are the books titled "God Is Not Great" or the "God Delusion" appeasing, and how many times is the word god mentioned in these books?

Attack dogma using all peaceful angles is my motto. You fellow atheists do an xlint job, but my alter method is needed as well. Personalities vary and maybe I can reach some that the more "militant" atheists can't. SO I say things like "the atheist story character Jesus/Buddha" etc. to catch their ears.

Check out "Atheist for Jesus" approach.  http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/

I really don't like the way the religious moderates are often treated here. I understand their AWE, and try to help erase their dogmatic ideas. I am not so much concerned if someone thinks there is an im-material force or free floating consciousness, tho I do not. My gripe is when dogma is then invented and spoken as truth.

God of Abraham is all the devil dragon of dogma. Sly this dragon. Sue the Pope for fraud. Hook him up to fancy lie detector machines. Sue the FCC. Equal time for atheists opposing the televangelists. ( and btw, put Bush and his on trial for war crimes) Geezz I get pissed.

Anyhoot, Allan Watts and Bertrand Russell are a couple favorites of mine. What is GOD ? God is our Awe, the unknown and so "gawed" !  Everyone is in "awe" , so the god word is not going away .... So I try to fix it. Why I am not a christian or religious is my main message. About GAWED, is a bit different one. The best study of gawed  is science, followed by philosophy. All religion in all fairness is the enemy.

"Why I Am Not A Christian" by Bertrand Russell
http://users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html

Wild man, Allan Watts can be found in Youtube, etc.

Medievalguy
Medievalguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Waiting for Oblivion

THANK YOU!!!! I've always been wondering, but never wanted to ask. I started to think maybe my browser was messing up when I tried to read this guy's posts. Sticking out tongue Now I know I'm not crazy. I have an invisible friend I want you to meet.....

kaab
User is offlineOffline
and right when I was

and right when I was thinking that I made some goofy posts and threads, along comes this guy...

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:Luminon

aiia wrote:

Luminon wrote:
aiia wrote:

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

What god? What's a god? I thought you was an atheist. If you think there's a god admit it now, otherwise you could be considered dishonest and if you are being dishonest you should be banned.

Non-material matter??? You must be joking! What the hell's nonmaterial matter?! Is it something like a squarecircle? Or a triangular rectangle? Perhaps a non-solid solid?

It's so-called "etheric" matter, this therm isn't defined in science yet. But this is exactly, where the development of science is going, towards the discovery and understanding of soft-material forms of existence. It will explain most of current gaps in scientific knowledge and have a similar impact on a life style and culture, like the discovery of electricity had. It will also shed more light on those gaps, where God is hiding and will help to explain, what exactly might be these various things, which various cultures on Earth calls God, and why people so believes in them. The new science will thus find an unifying theory of everything, even of woo-woo and the real world. The challenge of PROVE IT will be no more usable, because IT will be either proven, or refuted and it will be generally known why. We can expect a full, worldwide accepting of the soft-material existence in about 30 years. 
Don't worry, the christianic God is a myth, a compilation of several different sources, that's sure even today.
We see some effects of soft-material phenomenons quite often, there is a lot of myths around them, and the real challenge is to develop a methods of measuring them in a laboratory.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:aiia

Luminon wrote:

aiia wrote:

It's so-called "etheric" matter, this therm isn't defined in science yet. But this is exactly, where the development of science is going,

This idea was abandoned about 2000 years ago by all scientists.

Quote:
towards the discovery and understanding of soft-material forms of existence. It will explain most of current gaps in scientific knowledge and have a similar impact on a life style and culture, like the discovery of electricity had. It will also shed more light on those gaps, where God is hiding and will help to explain, what exactly might be these various things, which various cultures on Earth calls God, and why people so believes in them.

So evidently, you think there is a god because you claim god is hiding. Then you have to have a theist tag.

Quote:
The new science will thus find an unifying theory of everything, even of woo-woo and the real world. The challenge of PROVE IT will be no more usable, because IT will be either proven, or refuted and it will be generally known why. We can expect a full, worldwide accepting of the soft-material existence in about 30 years. 
Don't worry, the christianic God is a myth, a compilation of several different sources, that's sure even today.
We see some effects of soft-material phenomenons quite often, there is a lot of myths around them, and the real challenge is to develop a methods of measuring them in a laboratory.

You seriously seem confused to put it mildly.

Are you seeing a psychiatrist?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Nothing is invisible and god

Nothing is invisible (secret) and god (the universe) is not our separate "friend".           We are ONE.  

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote: This idea was

aiia wrote:
This idea was abandoned about 2000 years ago by all scientists.
Yes, but reasons for this idea still exists, and becomes more and more urgent. This is why it will be re-discovered. Maybe under another name, so scientists won't have to admit they did a mistake.

aiia wrote:
So evidently, you think there is a god because you claim god is hiding. Then you have to have a theist tag.
Nope. I am convinced by several years of my parents' research, that there is a structure of consciousness, which is both inconnected and hierarchic. By ""God"" (note the double comma) I mean a top of this hierarchic structure. However, it is  out of reach of our knowledge, so this research is mainly about the parts of this structure relatively near to us. These data had been proven very useful. Thanks to that, "sense of life" is no longer a philosophic mystery, but a matter of a brief  and rather boring lecture.

aiia wrote:
You seriously seem confused to put it mildly.

Are you seeing a psychiatrist?

Let me make it more precise. According to what you know, I seem confused. You presume, that I can't possibly know more than you, and specially nothing, that would justify my opinions, right? So, any claim, I can't possibly have explained according to your knowledge, is a big, glowing arrow, directing to a nearest psychiatrist. However, current scientific researchers has an exception from it, because they have doctorates, so they're allowed to define, what is true and what is not. Everyone are obliged to ignore all experiences, which are not yet confirmed by science, as non-existent, because they don't have doctorates, and thus are not certified to think and communicate about it. So, is it like that?
Well, maybe I'm wrong about the doctorates, maybe there's an IQ quote on that, I really don't know.
Of course, I claim that I know enough to justify my opinions. I can't prove it through the internet, so I can only hope to remain a controverse guy enough to awaken an attention of the RR Squad themselves and become a star of some issue of the radio show, interview or some article.

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Nope. I am

Luminon wrote:

Nope. I am convinced by several years of my parents' research, that there is a structure of consciousness, which is both inconnected and hierarchic. By ""God"" (note the double comma) I mean a top of this hierarchic structure. However, it is  out of reach of our knowledge, so this research is mainly about the parts of this structure relatively near to us. These data had been proven very useful. Thanks to that, "sense of life" is no longer a philosophic mystery, but a matter of a brief  and rather boring lecture.

Research?  I'm curious now... is there anywhere I can find out more about this?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Medievalguy wrote:Waiting

Medievalguy wrote:

THANK YOU!!!! I've always been wondering, but never wanted to ask. I started to think maybe my browser was messing up when I tried to read this guy's posts. Sticking out tongue Now I know I'm not crazy. I have an invisible friend I want you to meet.....

HEY friend, EVERYONE IS CRAZY, AND IGNORANT  ..... ask a scientist ! You NUT ....  

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
kaab wrote:and right when I

kaab wrote:

and right when I was thinking that I made some goofy posts and threads, along comes this guy...

I love you more Kaab, I miss you  .....  you nut !

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Imagination is REAL !  

Imagination is REAL !   Let's be rational about it ..... run a test !

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Luminon

Watcher wrote:

Luminon wrote:

Got any extra shrooms?

LSD works even better ..... in my limited opinion ....

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
NUTS ! as taught by Prophet,

NUTS ! as taught by Prophet, Socialologist ,

George Carlin - some people are stupid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oboyox3L_MI

FUCKING NUTS,

Jesus said, Love the enemy NUTTERS !  Of course .... yeah , as to heal them , as all is ONE ..... simple .....

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
QuasarX wrote:Luminon

QuasarX wrote:

Luminon wrote:

Research?  I'm curious now... is there anywhere I can find out more about this?

The research mainly involves gathering a practical data, for a personal work with people and for lectures. It's performed by a small citizen association, founded by my parents for a purpose of gathering similar people, interested in personal development.
A very interesting part of this is a searching for independent references to the same thing in books and philosophies. It's no secret, that books of H. P. Blavatsky, Alice Bailey and nowadays, Benjamin Creme, are all about the same topics, from the same source. They present something called "ageless wisdom", which is supposed to be a standard for how things are.
So far, it seems so. The "Far journeys" series by Robert A. Monroe and Ancient Arrow Project are obviously coherent with it. There's more references in other books, rather undirect, but also very profound. For example, both legends of king Arthur and Heracles are about the same thing, hidden behind a similar symbolics, and again, it's a piece of Ageless wisdom in a disguise of a story.  After many years of getting through woo-woo junk, it's fascinating to see, that the world finally starts to give a sense.
And, of course, this knowledge applied to practice works. I have been present a few times to a mental contact with a nearest "node" of the hierarchic structure, and know a person who had a contact even above that. This is, what it is about, you read about it, then you search, and it's really there.

However, this is quite extensive and complicated teaching - it's after all, supposed to describe the reality in a broader sense. I get it, because I've grown up around such things, but to a stranger, it may seem like a gibberish, specially when many therms have their own meanings, different from a commonly associated meaning.  Also, it may seem very unbelievable, which it truly is, unless you see it in practice. This is why my parents prefers to work with people personally, and mainly with those, who  searches for their help, getting any random customers just doesn't work. These things aren't interesting for a majority of people, they're too immaterial, impossible to grasp by hand, intellectually with diffculties, but mainly intuitively. We're all different, for someone is the hand empty, for someone else it's throbbing with energy. World is so big, that it is full of seemingly contradictional things, which are united on a higher level. This is why philosophers says, that all is one.

Now, I would really like if some scientists would research these ageless wisdom principles. We, who use them, aren't very capable of accustoming a technology to it, or accustoming the principles to our technology. We train ourselves, or use a help of those, who already has a natural ability. There is already a lot of people with a head in clouds, it needs someone who's standing with both feet on land and can bring the new principles into material realization.

I apologize to those, who have no idea what I'm writing about. Your life path is easier about this, you don't need to know all that stuff, in order to be satisfied. You don't need anything, but a common sense and love in your life, besides what you personally consider useful. You certainly don't need to believe me, so you don't have to feel endangered or impoverished when you don't, and I don't demand it.

pettman
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:What is 'GOD'?A

aiia wrote:
What is 'GOD'?
A word used to describe a kind of fictional entity, usually endowed with multiple super-natural properties (omniscience and omnipotence are popular in monotheistic traditions).

General-Forrest
General-Forrest's picture
User is offlineOffline
actual it is astromorphiac to give human charistacs to god

pettman wrote:

aiia wrote:
What is 'GOD'?
A word used to describe a kind of fictional entity, usually endowed with multiple super-natural properties (omniscience and omnipotence are popular in monotheistic traditions).

the character of god with human issues like love hate jeaously anger and host of a lot of other abilitlies is what the greeks call use of astromorphicism does. i might be mispelling the word but again i think you know what i mean. still i haven't seen this proof of relationship with him or even that if real it would seem me to that this being wants me to be stupid same goes with host of other religions also.

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:A very

Luminon wrote:
A very interesting part of this is a searching for independent references to the same thing in books and philosophies. It's no secret, that books of H. P. Blavatsky, Alice Bailey and nowadays, Benjamin Creme, are all about the same topics, from the same source. They present something called "ageless wisdom", which is supposed to be a standard for how things are.

Hmm... well, this is rather disappointing.  I would hardly consider common themes in literature to be worth regarding as fundamental truth.  Works of art, including literature, are often "inspired" by other works... so it should be no surprise that there will be similarities over time, regardless of how the original(s) came to be.  Really, if you think about it, all literature demonstrates is that someone thought the ideas it expresses were worth preserving... and there could be any number of reasons why someone would think that.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
QuasarX wrote:Hmm... well,

QuasarX wrote:

Hmm... well, this is rather disappointing.  I would hardly consider common themes in literature to be worth regarding as fundamental truth.  Works of art, including literature, are often "inspired" by other works... so it should be no surprise that there will be similarities over time, regardless of how the original(s) came to be.  Really, if you think about it, all literature demonstrates is that someone thought the ideas it expresses were worth preserving... and there could be any number of reasons why someone would think that.

This becomes noteworthy, when it comes to verification. When I can see for myself, that the presented informations are true, I start to be interested in their sources. (the exploration, verification and putting of it to practice is what my parents does for more than last 20 years)
So, there are recent biographies and ancient biographies, which obviously can't have a common source. Unless the books are true, unless they describe the same thing. For example, constants in physics were the same today and 5000 years ago. Gravity principle was the same. And, as it seems from the records and experiences, the basis of life is the same and it was recognized in these times, and today.
I emphasize, that the topic here is reputedly "unknowable" meaning of the great questions, like, who we are, where do we come from, and where we go. Such "unknowable" questions are well within a range of our reach, always were, and even more are today. The difference is just a number of people who knew that, and a degree to which they explored this reality. Today, we're more than ever equipped to clean the truth about us off the mythic glamour and aura of eternal unknowability. These were made only to justify our ignorance of vital facts about the world. Our technical development greatly surpassed our ethical and spiritual level, now it's a time to work on the latter.

By spirituality, I don't mean religion. It's only one of many ways, how a spirituality can be expressed. It starts by seemingly small things, a moments of modesty, less responses based on ego, greater awareness toward the needs of others, a bit of empathy. There's no need for a temple, if the world itself will be our temple.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Liminon wrote"By

Liminon wrote

"By spirituality, I don't mean religion. It's only one of many ways, how a spirituality can be expressed. It starts by seemingly small things, a moments of modesty, less responses based on ego, greater awareness toward the needs of others, a bit of empathy. There's no need for a temple, if the world itself will be our temple." //////

I agree that our science and increased world communication is teaching us a higher understanding of our amazing selves and the cosmos, and this is a universal shared "higher consciousness", as is ofter said. The ONENESS  .....  zero separation. 

Luv yer posts man .... mark / igod too ! as you ! .....    *               *    *      

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Liminon wrote

"By spirituality, I don't mean religion. It's only one of many ways, how a spirituality can be expressed. It starts by seemingly small things, a moments of modesty, less responses based on ego, greater awareness toward the needs of others, a bit of empathy. There's no need for a temple, if the world itself will be our temple." //////

I agree that our science and increased world communication is teaching us a higher understanding of our amazing selves and the cosmos, and this is a universal shared "higher consciousness", as is ofter said. The ONENESS  .....  zero separation. 

Luv yer posts man .... mark / igod too ! as you ! .....    *               *    *      

Both of you are talking about emotions

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:This becomes

Luminon wrote:
This becomes noteworthy, when it comes to verification. When I can see for myself, that the presented informations are true, I start to be interested in their sources.

Granted, any information that can be verified experimentally is valuable, but so many people take things written in literature and assign truth to them where there is none.  Christians read the bible, then attribute coincidences, intense emotions, and their own natural intuition to a god.  I consider any claim to be a suggestion, and the real learning comes from experimental verification.

Another problem is that sometimes a thing can appear to work some of the time, when it actually isn't making any difference.  Consider the case where a person prays for a family member to recover.  The family member does recover, and so the person considers the prayer to have been effective.  But, the person can't go back in time and not pray to see that the family member would have recovered anyway.  If a prayer doesn't work, the person might rationalize it with any number of explanations, like "I didn't have enough faith", etc.  Another example is the idea that people can control random number generators with their minds.  If the random number generator produces the result they're trying for, they might think they're onto something... but if they can't prevent the random number generator from sometimes producing a result other than what they're trying for, it's probably just coincidence when they "get it right".

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:I

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Thanks! I like your posts too, those which I can read, they indicate you actually live in that wisdom, not just read it in a book or heard from a guru, it's beautifully authentic and spontaneous. I hope it's not hashish Smiling 

aiia wrote:
 Both of you are talking about emotions
I dare to object. We're talking about intuition. Xtians usually talks about emotions. There are three human virtues: emotions, intellect, and intuition. Emotions should be tamed, intellect kept as a servant, not as a master, and intuition should be supported and nourished as much as possible.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
aiia. My message is ultra

aiia. My message is ultra super simple , all is ONE. That's the all of it.

Then I go about trying to dismantle brick by brick the invented words, and memes of religious dogmas of foolish fearful "separatism" thinking of thousands of years of religious making and abuse.

"Freethinking" while examining our mental ancestors past ideas. Why we think today what we do. Religion is very revealing of mankind, ourselves.

Isn't that like what historian RRS Rook is doing etc ? How did we arrive at this point in time regarding our opinions.

I play and make fun of religious words alot, not to confuse, but to make them out right silly to reveal dogma for what it is.

Hey,  I AM GOD HOLY DIVINE CHRIST SAVED, AS YOU !   

Yes, I am a nut with words, for a reason , Religion is bonkers .... but I basically dig "Jesus"! 

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Emotions

Luminon wrote:
Emotions should be tamed, intellect kept as a servant, not as a master, and intuition should be supported and nourished as much as possible.

Wouldn't it be best to use each to the fullest extent possible?  Studying our emotions can give us insights into ourselves, but not if we're actively trying to control them.  Sometimes we might get inspiration from intuition, and need to think through it logically to understand it... sometimes we might arrive at a conclusion logically that wouldn't have occurred to us intuitively... or our intuition might be wrong, and we might only be able to realize that by logic and experimentation, hence the term "counterintuitive".

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
QuasarX wrote:Luminon

QuasarX wrote:

Luminon wrote:
Emotions should be tamed, intellect kept as a servant, not as a master, and intuition should be supported and nourished as much as possible.

Wouldn't it be best to use each to the fullest extent possible?  Studying our emotions can give us insights into ourselves, but not if we're actively trying to control them.  Sometimes we might get inspiration from intuition, and need to think through it logically to understand it... sometimes we might arrive at a conclusion logically that wouldn't have occurred to us intuitively... or our intuition might be wrong, and we might only be able to realize that by logic and experimentation, hence the term "counterintuitive".

We already do too much of emotions and thinking. Emotions are something we have in common with animals, and human astral (emotional) body is truly perfected. This is why most of people's consciousness is astrally oriented, we're thus able to express a wide range of emotions. But these emotions are today dangerous for us. Just remember, stress is one of greatest killers today. We can't identify ourselves with our emotions, we're more than that. This lesson has been learned, it's time to move on. We should be able to choose when we want to use the emotions.

Our intellect is worthy of developing, but it has one unpleasant side-effect, which should be regulated. The brain has a habit to never shut off, we must constantly think about something, and not about useful things, but just chewing through insane stuff, we would be ashamed of, if it would be exposed publically. The stream of thoughts is so constant, that we identify ourselves with this process, but again, this is not true. We exist the most, when we don't think at all, when we're not lost in our memories, constantly brought up by a restless brain. This is why some people likes extreme sports, the danger completely shuts off the mind, and they do only what is necessary for survival, without thinking about it. For example, opening a parachute. It would be good to achieve such a state of mind permanently, and keep it in the majority of our lifetime, when we don't have to solve any problem at the moment.

Intuition is today quite misunderstood. It has no rational basis from our point of view, it's just knowing without knowing. Intuition can solve problems, which are emotionally neutral and algorithmically unsolvable.
The basis of intuition is estabilishing a contact with our superconsciousness (so-called soul). This contact is as important for the soul, as for a paralysed man is important to achieve a contact with the rest of his body. When it's being gradually achieved, a human being and a soul can act in increasing degree of unity. The nature of the soul is to serve. It gladly provides a guidance, scientific ideas, financial feelings, artistic inspiration, (it all differs among people) or advices vital for a survival. Everyone, who means something in today's world, uses a power of the soul. Intuition can never be wrong, we can fool ourselves as beginners, but if we really pick an authentic intuition, it's always true. Such a contact is something we should identify ourselves with, it's what we really are, a part of the superconsciousness.
We should learn to recognize intuition, and act according to it, when our intellect or memory can't solve the problem. (of course if it doesn't show a signs of schizophrenia or a crime, we have our brain for recognizing that) It doesn't matter if the result is more good or bad, when we show such a readiness, we will become better in it. Also, we never know from what really bad result we might have been just saved.
Of course, to almost all people intuition comes only ocassionally, and it doesn't replace the most of cognitive functions, there's a time for that golden middle way you meant, doing things as best as you can with what you have.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:We already do

Luminon wrote:

We already do too much of emotions and thinking. Emotions are something we have in common with animals, and human astral (emotional) body is truly perfected. This is why most of people's consciousness is astrally oriented, we're thus able to express a wide range of emotions. But these emotions are today dangerous for us. Just remember, stress is one of greatest killers today. We can't identify ourselves with our emotions, we're more than that. This lesson has been learned, it's time to move on. We should be able to choose when we want to use the emotions.

Can you provide any evidence of "astral body"?

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:Luminon wrote:We

aiia wrote:

Luminon wrote:

Can you provide any evidence of "astral body"?

Science of today is not yet equipped for such a proof. It can't even sufficiently detect etheric-material body, only foreshadowed on a Kirlian's photographies. After the etheric-material body will be scientifically proven, the astral body is just next after it.
Astral body should be visible as a significant layer in aura vision. It's in fact emotional body, so the more hysteric the person is, the more the emotional body should be thick.
It also is a vehicle of consciousness during sleep. Unless it is a brain, editing and cleaning a day memory, almost all dreams are journeys of consciousness in astral body in various areas of astral plane of existence. Such dreams (which I have most often) usually involves travelling somewhere, meeting someone, talking with them, doing stuff (like some task I had been asked by someone) and so on. It's rather a routine, slightly interesting, but not significant or adventurous at all.
Books of Robert Allan Monroe, the founder of Monroe Institute, very clearly describes his conscious journeys in astral body (OOBE). Most of us has to satisfy ourselves with less or more unconscious journeys, which creates a great memory distortion when waking up. This can however be fixed by a training. Such a trained people (I even know about some teenagers good at it) can perform an exploration of the world during a sleep. I had such a fully conscious OOBE only once, spontaneously, unfortunately I was so young at the time, that I didn't give it much significance, dammit.
But a truly talented and trained explorers can move their consciousness around even when being awake. So far, I've heard just about one such guy. This is a similar effect like some drugs does, people says they can see themselves from above... The astral body provides a clear explanation for such cases.