sapient,- got a burning question for you-

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
sapient,- got a burning question for you-

sapient, your a smart guy.  the sun, burns at the right temperature-perfect distance from from earth . earth, has right amount of spin. moon, pulls ocean currents to keep oceans from going stagnant.. gravity, exact amount. Q: What are the chance these set themselves up all on their own, on a first time go?     

1  in what?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
obviously 1 in 1 because it

obviously 1 in 1 because it happened ^_^

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I agree with DS - 1 in

I agree with DS - 1 in 1.

Coincidentally, this is the same probability that you'll write about God doing all of it with absolutely no proof for that or him.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
your sayings thats a one in one chance

Q : what are the chances a DNA helix can build its self?

-your saying a 1 in 1 chance because it did. are you saying God set this up 1 out of 1 times? -

Q: what  are the chances  it  could have done it on its own?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote: Q : what

rugerac556 wrote:

Q : what are the chances a DNA helix can build its self?

-your saying a 1 in 1 chance because it did. are you saying God set this up 1 out of 1 times? -

Q: what  are the chances  it  could have done it on its own?

Can't say anything about god until you or he/she/it proves his/her/its existence. You have no proof of his/her/its existence so you have no proof that he/she/it set anything up (unless you're holding out on us).

As for your questions - again, as it did do it on its own the chances are 1 in 1.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
In before Mattshizzle posts

In before Mattshizzle posts the "not this shit again" cat.

rugerac556 wrote:

sapient, your a smart guy.  the sun, burns at the right temperature-perfect distance from from earth . earth, has right amount of spin. moon, pulls ocean currents to keep oceans from going stagnant.. gravity, exact amount. Q: What are the chance these set themselves up all on their own, on a first time go?     

1  in what?

rugerac556, you're obviously not a smart guy if your level of comprehension of the English language is anything to go by.  What you are proposing here would only be a valid argument only if the Moon, the Earth and the Sun were the only three objects in the entire universe.  It doesn't take in to account any of the other planets in our solar system, let alone the billions of other stars out there as well as their associated planets and moons (for those minute few that managed to form planets with moons that is).  The idea of "a first time go" is also quite hilarious to say the very least.  Do you honestly believe the natural universe can rewind and reset itself?

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Coincidentally, this is the

"Coincidentally, this is the same probability that you'll write about God doing all of it with absolutely no proof for that or him."

"As for your questions - again, as it did do it on its own the chances are 1 in 1."

--what proof are you using to support your belief that a DNA helix can build its self?--

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556

rugerac556 wrote:

"Coincidentally, this is the same probability that you'll write about God doing all of it with absolutely no proof for that or him."

"As for your questions - again, as it did do it on its own the chances are 1 in 1."

--what proof are you using to support your belief that a DNA helix can build its self?--

Evolutionary biology (not an expert but can find journals). What you got? Oh yeah, the Bible and apologists.

— George Carlin

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
   "The idea of "a first

"The idea of "a first time go" is also quite hilarious to say the very least.  Do you honestly believe the natural universe can rewind and reset itself?"

-the Big Bang sapient,  your not that dumb

Vermilion
Vermilion's picture
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556, you're obviously

thingy wrote:

rugerac556, you're obviously not a smart guy if your level of comprehension of the English language is anything to go by.  What you are proposing here would only be a valid argument only if the Moon, the Earth and the Sun were the only three objects in the entire universe.  It doesn't take in to account any of the other planets in our solar system, let alone the billions of other stars out there as well as their associated planets and moons (for those minute few that managed to form planets with moons that is).  The idea of "a first time go" is also quite hilarious to say the very least.  Do you honestly believe the natural universe can rewind and reset itself?

Exactly...

rugerac556, If I rolled billions of dice, throwing each out 1 at a time and leaving them on the table (it's a big table)... should I be surprised if I end up with a cluster of 6's? what about a 123456? Should I be surprised if 6 of them end up exactly 1 inch apart on the table... the perfect distance? Of course not, I rolled billions of them. But of course if there was an ant on one of those dice, he could ask "Is it just a coincidence that these dice are 1 inch apart, ordered in 123456 perfectly? I think not" Yet he is discounting the billions of chances there were to make this happen!

Keep in mind, humans didn't have a planet designed for them. On the contrary, the one planet that ended up in the right zone to produce life, did.

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Evolutionary biology (not

"Evolutionary biology (not an expert but can find journals). "

--I'm going to put the notion God is a creator into a trash can--

name the person who says 'a DNA helix can build its self'  who states this claim?

the DNA helix is useless without the cell, the cell is useless without the DNA helix. has any atheists   ever told you this?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
so what im hearing is "What

so what im hearing is "What are the chances of something creating itself if it doesnt exist prior to the creating"...?

In which case, i am now laughing

What Would Kharn Do?

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote:   "The

rugerac556 wrote:

"The idea of "a first time go" is also quite hilarious to say the very least.  Do you honestly believe the natural universe can rewind and reset itself?"

-the Big Bang sapient,  your not that dumb

Although I must admit I am flattered, I am by no means Sapient.  My username on this board is "Thingy".  Now, please show your evidence that the big bang is the universe rewinding and resetting itself for another go.

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Keep in mind, humans

"Keep in mind, humans didn't have a planet designed for them. On the contrary, the one planet that ended up in the right zone to produce life, did."

out of the big bang, gravity ended up exact. a change of 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001%(37 zeros) in gravity will result in total destruction of life. the odds, that is the number?

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
"so what im hearing is "What

"so what im hearing is "What are the chances of something creating itself if it doesnt exist prior to the creating"...?

In which case, i am now laughing"

----what is your faith on 'origin of life'?......not  'origin of species'----- your having a bad mix up

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Now, please show your

"Now, please show your evidence that the big bang is the universe rewinding and resetting itself for another go"

--im going to take back saying: 'your not bumb.' sapient,(don't be ashamed of it) what are the odds?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote:----what is

rugerac556 wrote:

----what is your faith on 'origin of life'?......not  'origin of species'----- your having a bad mix up

No faith boy'o, no faith... heck, i ainta even talkin aboot origins, i'se talkin aboot how God done did it!, God done did it all, avery lassed bit! i'se no need for faith! i knows that God done did it

(Thank you AAL, i think i shall steal that phrase for my own purposes)

-_-

I was previously mocking the very idea that something can poof itself into existence if it didnt exist before hand... self-creationism, as it is...

What Would Kharn Do?

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

rugerac556 wrote:

No faith boy'o, no faith... heck, i ainta even talkin aboot origins, i'se talkin aboot how God done did it!, God done did it all, avery lassed bit! i'se no need for faith! i knows that God done did it

(Thank you AAL, i think i shall steal that phrase for my own purposes)

-_-

I was previously mocking the very idea that something can poof itself into existence if it didnt exist before hand... self-creationism, as it is...

what is your idea on origin of life?   do you  even have one?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
1 last time for the people

1 last time for the people in the back!

God done did it!

(why the fuck cant i access my yellow sarcasm font?)

What Would Kharn Do?

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vermilion wrote:thingy

Vermilion wrote:

thingy wrote:

Exactly...

rugerac556, If I rolled billions of dice, throwing each out 1 at a time and leaving them on the table (it's a big table)... should I be surprised if I end up with a cluster of 6's? what about a 123456? Should I be surprised if 6 of them end up exactly 1 inch apart on the table... the perfect distance? Of course not, I rolled billions of them. But of course if there was an ant on one of those dice, he could ask "Is it just a coincidence that these dice are 1 inch apart, ordered in 123456 perfectly? I think not" Yet he is discounting the billions of chances there were to make this happen!

Keep in mind, humans didn't have a planet designed for them. On the contrary, the one planet that ended up in the right zone to produce life, did.

your giving me a useless parable,

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:1 last

The Doomed Soul wrote:

1 last time for the people in the back!

God done did it!

(why the fuck cant i access my yellow sarcasm font?)

i know you got it in you, what is your idea on origin of life?

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm a little late but might

I'm a little late but might as well join the fun.

Whatever the chances are of a seemingly perfect and complex structure arising,I know one thing. The chances of a being so more advanced that it could create these already complex things is even less than the structures arising by themselves.

So ya, it might all seem a little unlikely. Actually,if you read the replies,not that much, because as has been said, the earth is one succes in billion and billions of failures. Now what are the chances of a being so powerfull it could do all this arising?

Add a cup of Occam's Razor,serves one theist.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:I'm a little late

Loc wrote:

I'm a little late but might as well join the fun.

Whatever the chances are of a seemingly perfect and complex structure arising,I know one thing. The chances of a being so more advanced that it could create these already complex things is even less than the structures arising by themselves.

So ya, it might all seem a little unlikely. Actually,if you read the replies,not that much, because as has been said, the earth is one succes in billion and billions of failures. Now what are the chances of a being so powerfull it could do all this arising?

Add a cup of Occam's Razor,serves one theist.

---what is your idea on 'origin of life'----

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
----dont be ashamed to say

----dont be ashamed to say it-----

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That's false about gravity

That's false about gravity as are many other christian claims about the sloar system - life as we know it could survive anywhere from halfway to Venus all the way to Mars orbit on a planet with the right size/composition. And the sun doesn't "burn" - it's nuclear fusion.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote:i know you

rugerac556 wrote:

oh... do we really have to talk about origins of life? its so... bland, and concrete... how about... origins of existence? or the beginning of the universe? or who ate the last baby

What Would Kharn Do?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I predict some serious

I predict some serious PWNage if Deluded_God or another actual scientist shows up.

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:That's

MattShizzle wrote:

That's false about gravity as are many other christian claims about the sloar system - life as we know it could survive anywhere from halfway to Venus all the way to Mars orbit on a planet with the right size/composition. And the sun doesn't "burn" - it's nuclear fusion.

cherrypicking?

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote: ---what

rugerac556 wrote:

---what is your idea on 'origin of life'----

My opinion is the exact manner life started is as yet unknown to science.Just like electricity was once.And the germ theory of disease.And the movement of the earth.

That doesn't mean zeus makes lighting,demons cause disease, a giant bettle raises the sun, or anything created life on earth.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I predict

MattShizzle wrote:

I predict some serious PWNage if Deluded_God or another actual scientist shows up.

Its called "Effort" Matt, most of us just dont have it in us

What Would Kharn Do?

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote:MattShizzle

rugerac556 wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

cherrypicking?

So far you've ignored every answer given.Irony?

dudeofthemoment wrote:

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

rugerac556 wrote:

oh... do we really have to talk about origins of life? its so... bland, and concrete... how about... origins of existence? or the beginning of the universe? or who ate the last baby

no 'origin of life', no 'origin of species'  ---dont say its boring and dont be ashamed to share your beliefs on it

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote:no 'origin

rugerac556 wrote:

no 'origin of life', no 'origin of species'  ---dont say its boring and dont be ashamed to share your beliefs on it

Ok, so whats the question im supposed to be answering now? with all my trolling ive completely lost track, and am far to lazy to re read the entire discussion... i'll answer this time, i swear on my baby rations

What Would Kharn Do?

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
coming back @1030 pm est in

coming back @1030 pm est

in the mean time have Deluded_God chew on this ' on origin of life, no origin of  species' 

---its shameful dawkins & Higgins haven't schooled up their fellow atheists on the subject----

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote:coming back

rugerac556 wrote:

coming back @1030 pm est

in the mean time have Deluded_God chew on this ' on origin of life, no origin of  species' 

---its shameful dawkins & Higgins haven't schooled up their fellow atheists on the subject----

*grins*

I'll go make sure that DG sees this right away.

Oh this is going to be fun!

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
"and thus, the RRS website

"and thus, the RRS website explodiated from the sheer amount of quad-grigabytes posted by Deluded God, so much information pillaging caused the Encyclopedia Brittanica to forever develop an inferiority complex... and Wikipedia curled up in a corner, rocked back an forth, sucking its thumb... mumbling incoherent pop-culture references.

So it was, so it is written... and so it shall be..."

What Would Kharn Do?

entomophila
ScientistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote:sapient,

rugerac556 wrote:

1  in what?

The above paragraph is so filled with misinformation, I don't know whether or not to laugh or cry. Can you really be serious?? Jeebus! Your (note the difference between your and you're) spelling and grammar are atrocious. As the resident spelling and grammar nazi, I feel perfectly fine with calling you out on this.

From there, the whole thing goes downhill. Let's take it one at a time:

rugerac556 wrote:
the sun, burns at the right temperature

This shows that you have no earthly (pun intended) idea about astronomy, stellar evolution, physics, etc. The "right" temperature? Please, enlighten me, what temperature, exactly, is this?

I'm sure you are aware that the sun is a star, and in being such a thing, it has a life span. I'm not going to give you an education about stars, but you should know that the sun's temperature is anything but "perfect."  99.9 % of all creatures that lived on earth are now extinct. The temperature of the sun is increasing over time...eventually, it will burn out and become a red giant star. Every year at least a million people die from skin cancer caused by the sun. This doesn't sound too perfect to me.   

rugerac556 wrote:
perfect distance from from earth

Define "perfect." You are aware that earth is a planet, and as a planet, it has certain attributes, as does the sun (as a star). As objects in a solar system (I'm trying to keep things small, so you can understand them), I'm sure you understand what happens, over time. Right?

rugerac556 wrote:
has right amount of spin. moon, pulls ocean currents to keep oceans from going stagnant

Has the right amount of spin? A moon that pulls ocean currents to keep oceans from going stagnant? Since none of these words make any sense, these comments can't be addressed. But you are completely misinformed about the rotation of the earth, the moon, the tides, ocean currents and..."stagnation" of the ocean.

In order for you to ask a question of Brian or anyone else here, don't you think it would make sense to have some clue as to what you are talking about? How can you have a conversation about something of which you know absolutely nothing about to the extent that you can't even formulate a simple question? Have you not taken basic courses in grade school, such as earth science?

rugerac556 wrote:
gravity, exact amount
Exact amount for what?

rugerac556 wrote:
Q: What are the chance these set themselves up all on their own, on a first time go?

Uh, statistically speaking...the chances are >0 but <1 that "these set themselves up all on their own, on a first time go" or whatever that means.

But we are here, so here is your proof that it happened, just not in the magical way in which you are insinuating (probably that it appeared out of nowhere in an instant). It took billions of years to get to the point that the earth, sun (pick your stellar object or whatever...) is at "today", which is different than the point it will be tomorrow. But what do the statistical chances of something taking place have anything to do with anything?

BTW, I have a friend who won the Ohio lottery a few years ago. He won 36 million dollars. What are the chances of a person winning the lottery (any lottery)? Not very good. But that doesn't stop millions and millions of idiots from descending upon Las Vegas (etc.) and betting their hard-earned money, when they know that  the odds are that they will lose. 

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote:sapient,

rugerac556 wrote:

1  in what?

Heh.  Well Ento, I didn't feel like jumping in with this guy because repeatedly responding to this level of ignorance gets so tedious.  However you have inspired me.  So I feel like expanding on what you started. 

rugerac556 wrote:

the sun, burns at the right temperature-perfect distance from from earth

That's a combination factor, my friend.  For Sol's temp and the earth's distance to line up in a range that promotes liquid water, yeah we do fit within the proper zone.  That zone is called the Goldilocks zone.  This leads to the Drake equation which is a mathematical construct to predict how probable life is.  The Drake equation originally did not factor in the greenhouse gas content of a planet's atmosphere, which when factored in greatly expanded the possibility of life in the universe.

As for how many chances possible for a planet to fall within it's parent star's goldilock zone factoring in the greenhouse gases contained on that body...well...  How many planets in our tiny solar system are in that zone?  Looks like 1 out of 8.  If you want to count the dwarf planets it's 1 out of 11.  That's in one solar system.  So what?  There are billions of galaxies with billions of solar systems with billions of planets orbiting them.  Earth may be 1 out of 1,000,000,000.  Even at those odds, statistically there must be earth like planets of a fairly large number out there.

rugerac556 wrote:

has right amount of spin

What?  I think you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  The amount of spin doesn't have that great of an affect on earth life.  Just the day/night ratio.  Actually the earth's spin is slowly winding down.  Our days are longer than the days the dinosaurs experienced.  Guess what?  Life still exists.

rugerac556 wrote:

moon, pulls ocean currents to keep oceans from going stagnant..

Yes, our large satellite the moon does keep the ocean from going stagnant.  This is really good for some life.  And not so good for other life.  Mosquitoes love stagnant water and breed their young in them.  So stagnant oceans are not a threat to all life.  Not in the least.

rugerac556 wrote:

gravity, exact amount

Our gravity is the exact amount for what?  For your weight scale to tell you that you weigh the same today as you did yesterday?  Gravity is not that big of a factor on life.  We have a wide range of variation in gravity that could support life.  Earth gains billions of pounds of weight every year from dust falling onto us from the universe.  Meteors of all sizes.  From near global killers, to baseball size, to tiny grains.  The heavier the earth gets the more gravity. 

Gravity, like spin, like day length, like temperature, is constantly in flux.  It is not staying static in the least.  Yet life keeps existing.  Explain that.

Are you "smart", rugerac556?  If you are I'm not seeing it.  I just see ignorance in you.  Do you want to stay that way?  Ignorant?  Or do you want to learn the truth no matter what the consequences?  If you want to know truth and not comfort then carry your ass out of Sunday School worship and learn something about reality.  Either do that or just memorize verses from an ancient book written by people that could barely understand life.

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
entomophila wrote:rugerac556

entomophila wrote:

rugerac556 wrote:

1  in what?

The above paragraph is so filled with misinformation, I don't know whether or not to laugh or cry. Can you really be serious?? Jeebus! Your (note the difference between your and you're) spelling and grammar are atrocious. As the resident spelling and grammar nazi, I feel perfectly fine with calling you out on this.

From there, the whole thing goes downhill. Let's take it one at a time:

rugerac556 wrote:
the sun, burns at the right temperature

This shows that you have no earthly (pun intended) idea about astronomy, stellar evolution, physics, etc. The "right" temperature? Please, enlighten me, what temperature, exactly, is this?

I'm sure you are aware that the sun is a star, and in being such a thing, it has a life span. I'm not going to give you an education about stars, but you should know that the sun's temperature is anything but "perfect."  99.9 % of all creatures that lived on earth are now extinct. The temperature of the sun is increasing over time...eventually, it will burn out and become a red giant star. Every year at least a million people die from skin cancer caused by the sun. This doesn't sound too perfect to me.   

rugerac556 wrote:
perfect distance from from earth

Define "perfect." You are aware that earth is a planet, and as a planet, it has certain attributes, as does the sun (as a star). As objects in a solar system (I'm trying to keep things small, so you can understand them), I'm sure you understand what happens, over time. Right?

rugerac556 wrote:
has right amount of spin. moon, pulls ocean currents to keep oceans from going stagnant

Has the right amount of spin? A moon that pulls ocean currents to keep oceans from going stagnant? Since none of these words make any sense, these comments can't be addressed. But you are completely misinformed about the rotation of the earth, the moon, the tides, ocean currents and..."stagnation" of the ocean.

In order for you to ask a question of Brian or anyone else here, don't you think it would make sense to have some clue as to what you are talking about? How can you have a conversation about something of which you know absolutely nothing about to the extent that you can't even formulate a simple question? Have you not taken basic courses in grade school, such as earth science?

rugerac556 wrote:
gravity, exact amount
Exact amount for what?

rugerac556 wrote:
Q: What are the chance these set themselves up all on their own, on a first time go?

Uh, statistically speaking...the chances are >0 but <1 that "these set themselves up all on their own, on a first time go" or whatever that means.

But we are here, so here is your proof that it happened, just not in the magical way in which you are insinuating (probably that it appeared out of nowhere in an instant). It took billions of years to get to the point that the earth, sun (pick your stellar object or whatever...) is at "today", which is different than the point it will be tomorrow. But what do the statistical chances of something taking place have anything to do with anything?

BTW, I have a friend who won the Ohio lottery a few years ago. He won 36 million dollars. What are the chances of a person winning the lottery (any lottery)? Not very good. But that doesn't stop millions and millions of idiots from descending upon Las Vegas (etc.) and betting their hard-earned money, when they know that  the odds are that they will lose. 

--you give me all kinds of corrections, but no answers. answer this: can a cell assemble itself with the parts laying around--

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Uh, statistically

"Uh, statistically speaking...the chances are >0 but <1 that "these set themselves up all on their own, on a first time go" or whatever that means."

--1 followed  by a 1 hand how many zeros?       

--share the knowledge--

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
"This shows that you have no

"This shows that you have no earthly (pun intended) idea about astronomy, stellar evolution, physics, etc. The "right" temperature? Please, enlighten me, what temperature, exactly, is this?"

---you are not stupid are you? do you understand the term 'nutshell' ?   do you pretend to be stupid, or are you just truly that dumb?----

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Bring on the asshat

Bring on the asshat avatar.....

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Bring on

MattShizzle wrote:

10:30  why the delay-

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Bring on

MattShizzle wrote:

10:30  why the delay-

rugerac556
Theist
rugerac556's picture
User is offlineOffline
10:30 PM Eastern Standard

10:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

-WORTHLESS-

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote: --you

rugerac556 wrote:

--you give me all kinds of corrections, but no answers. answer this: can a cell assemble itself with the parts laying around--

--you give us all kinds of questions, but accept no answers.  Answer this.  How did life begin?  Where did it come from?

Can a cell form from organic material through evolutionary processes?  Yes.  Want proof?  You exist.

Respond to us in a meaningful way or you are making yourself look like an idiot.

Remember, me, you, those of us currently posting are the debaters.  We're trying to win the audience that isn't posting.  You are losing horribly.  The audience is realizing that you can't stand up to us. 

Epic fail, Rugerac.

entomophila
ScientistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
questions

I answered the questions...you just didn't like the answers. Are you a grade school student? A 7th grade earth science book should answer your questions in more detail.

Clearly, the temperature of the sun, the earth, etc., is far from perfect. It is not constant, and it will not last forever. Did you get that one?

Our solar system (the universe yada yada), as it is now, is just a temporary thing. Do you understand this?

There is absolutely NOTHING exact that is "perfect", etc. Did you get that part? Do you understand that things, as they are now, have not always been as they are now, and that they will not stay as they are now.  

I don't have time to teach you basic astronomy, but you could learn something about it before asking ridiculous questions. Seeing as you lack basic spelling and grammar skills, I calculate that the probability of you reading a scholarly book about astronomy is about 0. If you really want to learn, but don't want to buy a book, go here:

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Dr. Tyson has  Ph.D. in astrophysics, yet gives talks that a normal person can understand.

I'm not trying to be mean, but part of the problem is that when you write a senseless, rambling, incoherent sentence (and calling Brian "Sapient"--his technical last name--that is just rude.) as you did in your OP, I really can't take you seriously because you come off as completely uneducated in all aspects and slightly whacko.

There is the obvious attitude that you think some pie in the sky god just planted all this stuff here...which you really want to believe, but something made you come here. I find that very interesting. Do you want to believe in dogma, or do you want to know the reality and the answers to your questions?

I see that you don't get statistical probability. I don't have time to teach you that, either. But if you really wanted to, you could learn statistics. I don't think you will do that, either, so I will leave you with this, a lecture from Stephen Hawking. I hope you know who he is. He mentions probability in this lecture.

Life in the Universe

One thing I can tell you for certain is that the chance (probability) of any god existing is almost 0....literally, it is something like:

Again, your lack of knowledge about these subjects results in your being unable to formulate a question and comprehend answers. I can see why you would prefer to believe the dogma. It requires no neural activity.  

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Respond to us

Watcher wrote:

Respond to us in a meaningful way or you are making yourself look like an idiot.

Remember, me, you, those of us currently posting are the debaters.  We're trying to win the audience that isn't posting.  You are losing horribly.  The audience is realizing that you can't stand up to us. 

Since this can be applied to me aswell...

WTF? people actually read these forums? you mean to tell me... there could be people observing me being a complete and utter jackass? i didnt sign up for this!! i just wanted to act like a dick infront of a few people! not be on display like some animal at a zoo!! showing off my homo-assinineous heritage

What Would Kharn Do?

entomophila
ScientistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Oh! I forgot one!

A cell can "assemble itself with the parts laying around"? Do you realize how utterly STUPID that question was....because you think the answer is NO when it is YES.  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Given the right circumstances, the right molecules, the right energy...a new molecule could form, could form more complex amino acids, then proteins...then life! There was no thought process involved, just the right circumstances.

In a nutshell (not literally, but you are the one who seems to like this word), the earth had lots of water, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen...and energy from the sun. Now you have the chemicals and energy to allow the chemicals to dissolve in water and form chemical reactions. Complex molecules are formed. They have sex...life on earth has begun.

That is the quick version. Go read a damn book and educate yourself. I'm not wasting any more time on you.

And BTW:

rugerac556 wrote:
--you are not stupid are you? do you understand the term 'nutshell' ?   do you pretend to be stupid, or are you just truly that dumb?----

Yeah, I'm stupid and dumb.  And YOU can call me Dr. Entomophila in about 8 months. Get it?

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
rugerac556 wrote:"Now,

rugerac556 wrote:

"Now, please show your evidence that the big bang is the universe rewinding and resetting itself for another go"

--im going to take back saying: 'your not bumb.' sapient,(don't be ashamed of it) what are the odds?

Once again I point out that my username on this website is Thingy, not Sapient.  If you take in to account the number of stars, planets and moon in the entire universe, the odds that at least one of them would come in to an alignment that could support life is actually quite good.  If you choose to ignore all the evidence, facts, truth etc, then the odds are quite bad.  So the question to you is, do you want to continue to be willingly ignorant?

rugerac556 wrote:

do you pretend to be stupid, or are you just truly that dumb?----

I was actually going to ask you that question.  You still haven't figured out that I am not Sapient, you still don't seem to be able to use the English language at a 5th grade level and your arguments are all based on ignorance rather than understanding (i.e. I don't understand so it must be sugar daddy in the sky).  It is the old pot and kettle argument.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
thingy wrote:your arguments

thingy wrote:
your arguments are all based on ignorance rather than understanding

I just had a quick peruse through his past threads most of which have been merged here, and they're all exactly the same rhetoric.  Pathetic barely comprehensible and barely explained arguments, all from ignorance.  This guy never gives any indication he has even the slightest clue as to what he's talking about and any responses go well above his head so none of it sinks in in the slightest.  We're all wasting our time here.  Does anybody have a troll badge handy?