Anybody else a-social?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Anybody else a-social?

I am, I rarely go out to social functions even with family and friends and even when I do, I just sit there. When people want to go out clubbing or whatever, I just stay home. I only have one friend that I regularly socialize with and I pretty much distance myself with anybody else.

I rarely even talk to my parents, or my class-mates, or co-workers etc...

Anybody else like this?

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Home alone

Are you complaining?  I just thought I was an introvert or "hermit".  Just think of the money saved from clubbing, and the price of gasoline, well I think just staying home on this computer "listening" to my friends at RRS is good enough.

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I am, I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I am, I rarely go out to social functions even with family and friends and even when I do, I just sit there. When people want to go out clubbing or whatever, I just stay home. I only have one friend that I regularly socialize with and I pretty much distance myself with anybody else.

Anybody else like this?

Yeah, I am. Most people are too superficial for me. I don't have time to waste sitting around chit-chatting about the latest trends in hair styles, shoe sales, or compare nail art decals. I'd rather be making art, reading a good book, or watching Discovery channel. It's really hard to find friends who can have intelligent conversations. Life's too short for dumb idle chat.

"The Bible looks like it started out as a game of Mad Libs" - Bill Maher

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am privately these days

Professionally I am one of the social butterflies, i have to be for the fact that there are always meetings, social functions, big old conventions and if your not social in these events well...you can't make money. However since I am going through a seperation, in private I don't bother with my friends, or any other social function, just me and the bartender (doesn't help that she's a redhead and fucking hot). 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:Yeah, I am. Most

Theia wrote:

Yeah, I am. Most people are too superficial for me. I don't have time to waste sitting around chit-chatting about the latest trends in hair styles, shoe sales, or compare nail art decals. I'd rather be making art, reading a good book, or watching Discovery channel. It's really hard to find friends who can have intelligent conversations. Life's too short for dumb idle chat.

No, no no, I'm not talking about choosing not to speak to people even though you could, I mean a-social as in getting annoyed when people try to talk to you, never responding with more than a half dozen words etc...

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck

My favorite a-social spot is Balada  at Dundas & Dixie area where a hot blonde does the bar tending.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Yes, I'm quite like this.

Yes, I'm quite like this. Not sure what's wrong with me exactly, if I have Asperger's or a social anxiety disorder or what, I need a diagnosis. Wikipedia's article on "love shyness" seems to describe me partly well too, though I don't think this infliction is in the DSM; I could be wrong.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yes. I have severe social

Yes. I have severe social phobia and have been diagnosed with Aspergers - meaning I just don't "get" social situtations. I am completely unable to read body language or facial expressions. That's one reason I do much better online.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: No, no

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

No, no no, I'm not talking about choosing not to speak to people even though you could, I mean a-social as in getting annoyed when people try to talk to you, never responding with more than a half dozen words etc...

Hmm.. Maybe I misunderstood you. I don't get annoyed or anything, though I typically don't have much to respond with...

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
i do... but the reasoning is

i do... but the reasoning is my hatred for humans (inferior beings) thats the root cause, not the dislike of social interaction

What Would Kharn Do?

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know what you mean

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Theia wrote:

That is the reason I am not talking to many of my so called friends, because they annoy the shit out of me, actually most people annoy the hell out of me, it could be cause of my job (although I do love my job), but I encounter so many liars all the time, and the fact that I am usually sarcastic and in a mean condecending way, doesn't help, although, again this bartender at T n A Pub in brampton (for Jeffrick) is at this moment the only that makes me laugh, but professionally I force myself to talk because I need to make money (although I do have a partner that does most of the talking)

Coopaloop
Coopaloop's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am great in social

I am great in social situations but i do prefer to be left alone. People are cool but my pets are much cooler.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think maybe part of the

I think maybe part of the problem is a rational thinkers, we can see through a lot of the phoniness of social situations. Just as we've seen the phoniness of religion and religious leaders. There are a lot of users that will act nice and friendly then stab you in the back at the appropriate moment.

I think we need to see finding friendship/relationships like finding gold, there is a lot fools gold, a lot of scammers telling you there are the real deal. I think you got to keep looking in a lot of places and not give up. Walk the fine line between being open to new relationships while keeping your guard up against users and abusers. It would be nice if the atheist/freethinking community was more organized so you could meet more people where ever you lived.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Theia

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Theia wrote:

Yeah, and you react that way because most of the shit that comes out of their mouths is stupid, superficial, annoying crap. There's really no difference. I used to get annoyed by it but eventually came to accept that it's there and just try to steer clear of it. But our reasons are pretty much the same.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Theia

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Theia wrote:

Err... pineapple? You appear to be describing social anxiety disorder. This is a real disorder that demands proper diagnosis and treatment - have you ever seen a psychologist?

I'd recommend just getting a check-up.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Err...

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Err... pineapple? You appear to be describing social anxiety disorder. This is a real disorder that demands proper diagnosis and treatment - have you ever seen a psychologist?

Bah! its a perfectly healthy disorder (oxymoron? ;-p ) just like paranoia, they serve purposes in our mind, i suggest not tampering with it

What Would Kharn Do?

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Two words:

Rhodiola Rosea

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Two words:Rhodiola

Quote:

Two words:

Rhodiola Rosea

One word:

Fanas
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Anybody else like this?

Well the problem is that I actually don't see any point in chit-chatting. When with friends or in club, I am either alone with my own thoughts or just listening to whathever they got to say. When someone tries to chat with me, it just annoys me and i reply only with a few words. Thats probably because no one talks about things which interests me.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to be a-social,

I used to be a-social, largely due to the fact that I was painfully shy.I'm pretty outgoing now, but I still have no problem being off by myself in a room of people.I don't particularly feel the need to converse. Also,to be honest,I usually think people are less intelligent than me and annoying.

I've always had very few but very close friends.At the moment I probably have two people I would call real friends.That's all I need.That said though,I can't sit at home on weekends.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

UltraMonk
User is offlineOffline
Wow. I seem to be opposite

Wow.

I seem to be opposite to most of you, I used to go clubbing on a regular basis, like visiting my friends, having bbq's, taking a female friend out on picnic's, parties, chats, exploring the world, chatting to the people down at my local shops, visit my mother for tea every thursday night and other stuff.

I don't like chatting online that much, or conversing over the phone, I very much prefer to be face to face with people.

For me it might be because I make a living out of Computers and the Internet, I've been on the net since about 1991. During the week I can spend anything up to 16 hours in a day doing computer related work. So on weekends I like to get out from these 4 walls and just enjoy the simple things in life. At one stage I was working 60+ hours a week in a full time computer job and on weekends I used to do Carnival work so I could just get outside and interact with people.

I am lucky in that the majority of my family and friends are all fairly intelligent people, so I can have really good conversations with them all the time. The only religious people I know is my father and stepmother, they are seventh day adventist's, and we have had some really good conversations about religion and atheism.

And here I thought that a lot of you were social people.

: Freedom - The opportunity to have responsibility.

: Liberty is about protecting the right of others to disagree with you.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
UltraMonk wrote:And here I

UltraMonk wrote:

Eh,I consider myself pretty social.I'm easy to approach and start a conversation with,and can do the same.The thing is, I'm pretty much equally comfortable either way,wether I'm interacting or not. if I'm alone in a room of strangers, I don't feel conspicous or obligated to strike up conversation. I'm good with whatever happens.

I have good social life too. I don't have many close friends,but a have a big social circle.I go to my fav club most Sats.

Really,most of the people here are thinkers that maybe never got the whole social thing.It's a pity,because it might make atheists look grumpy and anti-social

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was painfully shy in my

I was painfully shy in my younger days mostly because of an emotionally abusive strict Baptist upbringing by parents who fucked up the lives of 5 kids and never learned a damn thing from it, so I usually avoided social situations.  I still occasionally suffer from a lack of social skills, but with the exception of a few types of people, I don't really get annoyed with people wanting to talk to me.

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
hazindu wrote:I was

hazindu wrote:

I was painfully shy in my younger days mostly because of an emotionally abusive strict Baptist upbringing by parents who fucked up the lives of 5 kids and never learned a damn thing from it, so I usually avoided social situations.  I still occasionally suffer from a lack of social skills, but with the exception of a few types of people, I don't really get annoyed with people wanting to talk to me.

There is a stigma attached to people who get accused of being "loners". I don't go out much. I do like my co-workers but don't hang out with them much outside of work, because we don't have that much in common. I think going out and watching movies is a waste of money because some idiot is always talking on the cell or kicking my seat or chewing loudly. Beer is cheaper to bring home than to buy at a bar. The only time I do go out is with my mother, or when I want to watch the Redskins play. I like to socialize with other NFL fans, only in the context of the sport.

I would however, if I had a large enough atheist community where I live, socialize more outside my house. I don't think because I am a minority that that makes me anti social, it merely means I don't have much in common with the majority.

I wouldn't worry so much about wanting to fit in. I wouldn't however, poo poo every social event automatically either. It may just be that you havent found a subject in a social setting that you like being involved in.

You don't have to be a hermit, but you also don't have to try to fit whatever others think you should be. Just be yourself, that is all you can be, and you can be yourself around others without worrying so much what they may think of you. I think if you do that, you wont be so worried about social settings.

I am not you so take this for what it is. You know yourself better than anyone else. Being happy with oneself goes along way in being able to deal with others.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
UltraMonk wrote:Wow. I seem

UltraMonk wrote:

Wow.

I seem to be opposite to most of you, I used to go clubbing on a regular basis, like visiting my friends, having bbq's, taking a female friend out on picnic's, parties, chats, exploring the world, chatting to the people down at my local shops, visit my mother for tea every thursday night and other stuff.

I don't like chatting online that much, or conversing over the phone, I very much prefer to be face to face with people.

For me it might be because I make a living out of Computers and the Internet, I've been on the net since about 1991. During the week I can spend anything up to 16 hours in a day doing computer related work. So on weekends I like to get out from these 4 walls and just enjoy the simple things in life. At one stage I was working 60+ hours a week in a full time computer job and on weekends I used to do Carnival work so I could just get outside and interact with people.

I am lucky in that the majority of my family and friends are all fairly intelligent people, so I can have really good conversations with them all the time. The only religious people I know is my father and stepmother, they are seventh day adventist's, and we have had some really good conversations about religion and atheism.

For me, I use to be, party all day and rock all night type of thing, however in my job, a security consultant, I tend to find that people lie in all forms and manners all the time, that and most people don't interest me enough for me to bother with, most of my friends have married and have kids (I have a child myself) and I really don't care to hear stories about their kids, how stupid their kids are, or how much lacking in displine their kids have. Because to be honest, I give my opinion on it, because I don't care to hear it, and I know they don't really want my opinion, so I give it to them. In the end most people/friends that I associate with, are well pretty boring. I can talk about my job but that bores them, I mean they really don't want to know how many people are out there scamming people, stealing from their homes, from retailers, how many predators are out there etc, etc, etc. For me the simple life is boring (again this is for me, it's alright to have it if you want it, i don't),

With that said, my bartender makes me laugh, and serves me Guinness (now if they could only get it on tap) and takes me out of my misery at this point in my life (seperation from my wife and not being able to see my daughter everyday is killing me), however even with that said, most of my friends just don't get it that I really, really don't care to talk to them about my seperation, or my problems, I never talked to them in high school, why the hell would I start talking now. However, I don't have a problem with the right social situations, which at this point is non existant. That could however all change.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Kevin R Brown wrote:

No, and I don't plan to. I was just curious if anybody else was like this.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sorta like you. I have

I'm sorta like you.

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
The older I get, yes (old

The older I get, yes (old man syndrome?). Eye-wink

I do enjoy being around people whom I feel can teach me a thing or two. I love learning, and thus attempt to surround myself with such peeps.

I used to be crazy, hang out in bars, clubs etc. due to my oppressive upbringing, but, ya know, older now (not necessarily wiser)...

I find myself becoming soooooo much more impatient with complete dumbasses nowadays than ever before. I realize I'm not Dr. Brilliant, so negating an obvious serious mental illness, I generally can't stand being around people whose mouths need  a serious clamping shut with several 8" vice grips.

EDUCATION! EDUCATION! EDUCATION!

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
I dont know if i am a-social

I dont know if i am a-social but i dont like being around other people for the most part. It's bad enough working with the public. I usualy work bout 40 hours a week and then come home and either work on my computer or sleep etc type stuff. i really dont have any friends for the most part, most of the ones i had went off to college and i hate having to driving any large distance... i socialize with co-workers  at work but after work i try and stay clear, I generally feel that the majority of them are inferior and dont warrent my time and energies unless they want to learn...(which none of them ever do, they seem to like the state of ignorant bliss they are in. LOL) I do most of my socializing on the interwebz and probably have more friends on World of Warcraft than anywhere else.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Shaitian wrote:I generally

Shaitian wrote:

I generally feel that the majority of them are inferior and dont warrent my time and energies unless they want to learn...

the fact that Shaitian is starting to act like me doesnt worry any one in the general population? o_O?

ah well... good usage though ^_^

What Would Kharn Do?

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
no i have been like this for

no i have been like this for awhile i am just now starting to pay attention and realize that i am like this. When i look back i realize that i only had bout 5 friends in high school and never really liked to talk to anyone else other than when i was forced to. I was the Metal kid that no one really wanted to associate with and i was also that video game nerd that would have 2-3 different hand-held video games that i would play while in class, or i would wear my hoodie and have my long hair and wire my ipod up thru my hoodie so that i could listen to music rather than listen to my peers...LOL

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Anybody else like this?

Most days I'd rather stick a knitting needle in my eye socket than socialize. However, I have taught myself over many years to be somewhat good at socializing - especially with strangers. In fact, the last time I did it I landed a job a few weeks later as a result.

It's really just a matter of having three or four stock things you're interested in talking about. Talk about those things, and see what kind of response you get.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shaitian wrote:no i have

Shaitian wrote:

no i have been like this for awhile i am just now starting to pay attention and realize that i am like this. When i look back i realize that i only had bout 5 friends in high school ....

Five!? Damn! You were popular! I think I had 3 friends in high school and they weren't exactly the kind I'd count on in a crisis.

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
i use the term "Friends"

i use the term "Friends" loosely. i never could count on those people either when i should have really needed them. They were my Friends due to the fact that they were the ones who would do the LAN parties and i would be the person stuck setting everything up but they paid me to do it...lol.  That and the fact that we were basically outcasts from everywhere else. the punks, goths, jocks, cheerleaders, etc, hell even the poor kids who i dont think knew what a bar of soap was really liked to associate with any of us so we just sorta got stuck together...  Ohh and the LAN parties usually were the only time i left my house other than for school so....

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote: Yeah, I am.

Theia wrote:

This describes my problem.  I've tried several times to become more social, but a community of religious loonies doesn't exactly offer many opportunities for intelligent conversation.  After enough bad experiences, I'm at the point of giving up.

I've fallen back on making music and art, enjoying nature, learning, etc.  I do get lonely sometimes, but the disadvantages of relationships have always seemed to outweigh the advantages of staying away from them.  Lately, I've been feeling more lonely than normal and may try a meetup group of atheists.  (Too bad it's an hour away...ugh.) 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
At work I excell at social

At work I excell at social situations.  I have built up an ability to be friendly and make people like me because I wanted people to like me growing up.

However, once I get off work I rarely go anywhere and would prefer to hang out on the computer or in a book.  And I don't really give a shit about what people think about me anymore.  I know I'm cool.  Sticking out tongue

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Most people suck, but I've

Most people suck, but I've learned to tolerate them and put up with the standard inane small talk (like hair, nails, etc., though not those specifically because I'm a guy).  I don't really want to talk with average people, but it's worth it sometimes to find the occasional really awesome person.

Samuel
Samuel's picture
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Anybody else like this?

I have one friend, who I play Halo 3 online with, and work on essays and debates against political idiots and religious nutcases.  And I have my brother, who I do the same shit with.

And I rarely leave my house (that is to say, my computer).
I don't talk much to my coworkers or family members, and I've never go out clubbing or partying.  Horrible ideas.  Nothing to them.  What's fun about them, I dunno.  Trying to talk to people that you could talk to anywhere else, in a loud visually chaotic, cramped room.  Oooh, so fun.  If you want to talk to someone you can do it in a million funner and more effcient ways, and you can hear music in a million funner and more efficent ways.  Parties and clubs are a waste of money and time.

Sorry, that's just how I look at it.

I don't mind talking to people, I just don't.  What the hell is the point of "hanging out" unless yer doing something productive?  Humans are so wasteful.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Anybody else like this?

I'm perceived as sociable but I have such distain for most people that I can barely mask it. I'm polite and lightly sarcastic, which with my accent (London English) just sounds 'charming' to my US friends/colleagues/innocent bystanders.

I'd say you just have high standards that other people don't measure up to.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

RagenGaijin
RagenGaijin's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would say I actually love

I would say I actually love social situations. I find them fullfilling and entertaining with the right people at the right time.  I try to be graceful and forgive social faux pas because they are usually made in an attemt to nervously get to know a person. But yes, there are those complete assholes that attack non stop or shit all over everything everyone says and does, I want them to get aids and die.

My question to you is Do you want to be more social? Is there a perfect scenerio or socialization that you want?

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Social life

Well Cpt. did you find the social life you so think you are missing out on?

KathieG
KathieG's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would consider myself

I would consider myself asocial. I've never been a "people person". I have a low tolerance for nonsense, and I tend to be sarcastic, so I don't think a lot of people "get" me. I usually avoid social gatherings if at all possible. If I am "forced" to attend something, I usually require alcohol to be sociable...then I'm a slightly different person.

Now if I'm around like-minded people (which is extremely rare)...it's a different story. Obviously, I would be more interested in socializing with people I can really relate to.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Quote:My question to you is

Quote:

My question to you is Do you want to be more social?

Quote:

Well Cpt. did you find the social life you so think you are missing out on?

No to both.

Quote:

I would consider myself antisocial.

anti-social is a psycotic disorder. That's why I put a-social in the title.

Quote:

I tend to be sarcastic

>_>

Quote:

I usually require alcohol to be sociable...then I'm a slightly different person.

Perhaps I should start drinking......

KathieG
KathieG's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Quote:I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Quote:

I would consider myself antisocial.

anti-social is a psycotic disorder. That's why I put a-social in the title.

eeks!  Um, yeah I'm not "anti-social"...a-social sounds more like it. I corrected my post.

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Quote:My

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Quote:
My question to you is Do you want to be more social?
No to both.
Quote:
I usually require alcohol to be sociable...then I'm a slightly different person.
Perhaps I should start drinking......

I smell a self-contradiction....

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
QuasarX wrote:I smell a

QuasarX wrote:

Isn't that the point of drinking?

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Have a few

Do you really want to socialize with other people, or is the this internet group enough for you?  I guess if a person was married this group or one like it would be enough.  However being single, this group just makes me want an Atheist man in my life.  I absolutely could not stand to be around a religious man.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Boon Docks wrote:Do you

Boon Docks wrote:

Do you really want to socialize with other people, or is the this internet group enough for you?  I guess if a person was married this group or one like it would be enough.  However being single, this group just makes me want an Atheist man in my life.  I absolutely could not stand to be around a religious man.

The internet is enough. I also have an account on another site.

I'm not married or seeing anyone.

RagenGaijin
RagenGaijin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't you want to have sex

Don't you want to have sex with a human being?

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:QuasarX

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

QuasarX wrote:

Isn't that the point of drinking?

Hmm... to incapacitate part of your brain so another part can finally get what it wants?  A lot of people do seem to use it that way.

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
Boon Docks wrote:Do you

Boon Docks wrote:

Hmm... I know exactly how you feel.  (Well, okay, maybe not exactly since I'm a heterosexual male.)  I love the intellectual stimulation I get here at the RRS, but it doesn't really work as a substitute for physical contact and personal intimacy.